Support Groups - Newbie V-Day Challenge Updates!

View Full Version : Newbie V-Day Challenge Updates!

Sarah_lee
01-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow! I can't believe how many people responded. How is everyone doing? Well It's got to be better than me! Last week started off really good but on Wednesday we had a HUGE ice storm in my town and basically the whole city was out of power. I had to stay at my in-laws for three days, we went out to eat every day. We finally got our power back on but I had to throw away about $150 of food (almost all healthy). Anyway... I'm doing a weigh in tomorrow so I'll post if I have any results. I'm going to have to push really hard if I'm going to make my goal so I need lots of encouragement. Let me know how you're all doing and good luck!

Amity
01-13-2005, 12:26 AM
thats awful, I can't imagine having no power for three days (or staying at my inlaws either for that matter lol) I'm glad you survived it :) . I'm not doing too badly at the moment, I've lost 4 of my 10 pounds so I'm nearly halfway there :D . I've hit a few bumps along the way (in the form of the uncontrollable urge for late night snacking :o ) but nothing too drastic and I'm still on track :) Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I'm positive you'll meeet your goal :)

Shalynn
01-13-2005, 10:16 AM
I've been doing ok myself.. Have lost 6 of the 15 aimed for VD.. It seems to be going really slow (losing weight).. I've been "somewhat" on track.. Have been exercising alot more to find out that I lost a whopping 1 lb last week! Argh!

Well good luck.

Sarah_lee
01-13-2005, 10:22 AM
6 lbs! That's awesome! I weighed myself today and I'm only down 1 lb. so I'm going to have to work really hard until V-Day to lose my 15 pounds, but... I'm even more determined. I went out this past weekend and ran into some people I used to work with back when I was 30 pounds lighter. It felt really aweful! So now I'm really going to put my mind to it! Good Luck!

judydc
01-13-2005, 06:49 PM
I've been cheating too often and not working out enough :^: , so I don't have high expectations about a big loss this week. But I do feel good. My muscles feel a lot more toned just from walking more, and I haven't pigged out in weeks, so I hope that I will have lost at least another pound or two by Sunday. Muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe you're getting smaller, Shalyn, and more compact! I'll ask the folks at the doctor's office to take my measurements again at the end of the month. My clothes are fitting better, and that feels great. If I want the pounds to disappear in a big whoosh, I gotta stick with the program better. Which will be my mini-mini goal for the next week, I guess.

Bye!

liseyloo
01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Valentines day challenge going well so far - 1/2 kilo (1 lb) lost since starting yesterday. On target to get to that 15lb mark!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/268/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

blissful
01-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I am a newbie, and this is just what I need!!! I have set a goal of 10 lbs, in one month!!! Got lot's of work to do, but I will get crackin!!!

Pook74
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I haven't been doing great. I've been trying to eat healthier which has been going ok but haven't exercised once this week :( . When I get in from work I am just too tired and all I want to do is relax. So, next week I am going to try get up an hour earlier in the morning and do 45 mins of exercise before work. I need to try harder to get exercise in. It will mean getting up at 4.30 am but if that's what it takes then I am determined to do it.

I pledged to lose 10 lbs by Valentin's Day, I have my work cut out for me if I am going to do this.

Shalynn
01-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Thanks Sarah_Lee! And good luck to you! ;)

You're absolutely right Judy.. This morning I weighed myself and I lost yet another lb.. woo hoo! I'll just have to up my game now, since we've got about a whole month to go..

Good luck, oh and welcome Pook & Blissful!

judydc
01-14-2005, 05:28 PM
I have to say that work has definitely had a negative impact on my progress so far. Long hours and stressed all the way out....I have just committed to an aerobics class two evenings a week, which starts next Wednesday. That will force me to leave at a more reasonable time, as well as sweat off a few pounds.

We have exactly one month to reach our goals, ladies! We can do it :cb:

chixyb
01-15-2005, 05:46 PM
My goal is to lose 12 lbs by V-day, and I have lost 3 lbs so far! Yay!

Amity
01-16-2005, 05:10 AM
wow everyone is doing so great.

pook74 - Welcome - it sounds like you've got a good plan happening. Just tell yourself its only 45 minutes out of 24 hours and you can do it, I know you can.

Judy - yeah we can do it, there is so much positive energy happening here how can we lose (or should I say not lose lol). I hope work gets less stressful for you soon.

Shalynn - yay, thats great good for you!

Hi Blissful, Hi Chixyb - welcome aboard.

Hi to everyone else I missed. I hope your all having/had a great weekend.

blissful
01-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the wonderful welcome!!!!! I weighed in yesterday, and am down 4 lbs towards my Valentined goal, and I am not getting too excited because PMS should be kicking in next week sometime then...eeeaaakkkk!!!!!! Who else has crazy PMS and please tell me the positive ways that you deal with it instead of eating you way thru the fridge and cupboards!!!!! I just hate the cravings!!! I am glad to be here and am happy to have found such an active website!!! What plan is everyone on, ?
I have tried WW about 10 times and never stick wilth it for more that 3 months, all the weighing gets to me eventually!!!
And that is not good, but I do not want to be in the same place next year as I am in this year!!! I am getting tired of listening to my own excuses!!!
all sounds like blah blah blah to me!!!!!!!!!

Amity
01-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi All,

Blissful- I'm not on any particular diet just keeping the portion sizes down and making sure I exercise every day, I counted calories for a couple of weeks just to give me an idea of how much I should be eating in a day. I also make sure to eat plenty of fruit and vegs. I know it sounds pretty vague but it seems to be working. I could not do any of the low carb diets, it's just not me I love my carbs too much. I tried weight watchers and Jenny Craig as well as a couple of others but usually gave up for 3 reasons

1) I wasn't accountable to me - just the group, so inevitably if I wasn't going to the meetings that week I would just eat what I wanted telling myself that it didn't matter because no-one would know.
2) With 4 children and a husband on 12 hr shifts it was just too difficult to get to meetings/appointments every week.
3) It got to the point where I kept thinking of where the money could be better spent.

As for cravings (and just having been through my PMS phase since starting my diet) I can vouch for keeping a bottle full of water and some sugar free chewing gum next to you at all times. If you want to head to the fridge pop some gum in your mouth and drink that water. Then get busy. go for a walk, do an exercise tape, get onto 3FC and post, clean out a cupboard whatever it takes to keep your mind off the cravings. I found that the gum fought the sugar cravings pretty well and keeping busy keeps them at bay longer. Good luck with it and keep posting :)

judydc
01-17-2005, 03:11 PM
"We must come to see that human progress never rolls in on wheels of inevitability. It comes through...tireless efforts and...persistent work...We must use time creatively, and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right."

Martin Luther King, Letter from a Birmingham Jail
:chin:

Amity
01-17-2005, 04:18 PM
Great quote Judy :D Thanks

KyGirl
01-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Well, I have lost 5 of 10 by V-Day. Although, I am going to Vegas from 1/23 thru 1/26 and I will try to maintain current and still eat right. Wish me luck!!!

btw...good job for everyone so far.

blissful
01-17-2005, 09:48 PM
Keep up the good work everyone!!!! I am down 4 for my 10 V day goal!!!!! Yay for us!!!!

Sarah_lee
01-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Everyone is doing so well on the V-day challenge. I'm jealous... although I weighed in today and I was down another 2 lbs! Have fun in Vegas. I went in July with my best friend and we had so much fun!

liseyloo
01-18-2005, 06:46 AM
It's good to see everyone doing so well! I am still on track, since starting the challenge on Jan 13th I have lost 2 pounds so I am pretty happy about that :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/267/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

targetgirl
01-18-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi, this is my first post since i joined. I am trying to lose 10 lbs for the valentine's day challenge. I really need to lose 75 lbs. but i figured if I just start small and work from there. I used to belong to WW and lost 68 lbs and became a lifetime member. I gained all the weight back and have not been feeling really good about myself since. I started walking. Yesterday I walked for 1 mile on my treadmill it took me 24 min. My eating habits this past weekend were terrible. I guess I am nervous because I have to go for a biopsy this morning and i have been nervous all weekend about it. Tomorrow i will go walking at our local mall and get back on track. Good luck everyone.

Pook74
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Hello folks :)

Well, I weighed today and am down 1.5 lbs from last week, which is a good thing. I have lost 3 of my pledged 10 so far, fingers crossed I will have at least another pound gone next week.

judydc
01-18-2005, 06:22 PM
What a day! Cold, cranky, too much work, would love to be downing a handful of M&Ms right about now...but I won't! I'll have some orange tea instead.

Way to go, Kygirl, liseyloo, blissful, chixyb, amity amd everybody :goodscale

I'm waiting 'til the weekend to get on the scale again. I was getting too invested in the numbers, and not noticing how my clothes (or my achy knees) were feeling, which is much better than a few weeks ago.

Targetgirl, I can relate to how it feels to lose a lot and gain it back. I lost over 70 pounds a few years ago, thanks to intense focusing, writing everything down, and taking exercise really seriously. But I let life get in the way when I hit a plateau, and I've gained about 50 pounds back. I guess the big lesson for me was that "s-t" will always happen, and I have to learn how to keep it from being an excuse to let myself go. Good luck with your biopsy! I'll be thinking of you.

Bye, all!

judy

liseyloo
01-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Just checking in with an update. Since starting on Jan 13th I've lost 3 pounds so far!
This is such a nice little challenge - good luck to everyone!

My Valentines Day Challenge:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/266/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My 12 week challenge:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro4/slider-but3/lb/273/218/266/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

chocolatecatz
01-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Didn't know this post was here. Still navigating my way around. I did post on the original one, but here goes.

I started 1/2/04 am down 3.5 pounds. Would like to lose 4 more by VDAY

CanadianTracie
01-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Well I am 2lbs closer to meeting my V-day challenge!! Yipee!!

Everyone else looks like they are doing well too! Keep up the good work everyone!

chocy963
01-20-2005, 10:57 AM
:cry: The last week has been really hectic. I haven't been careful about what I eat and I haven't been exercising. I gained three pounds back - Whaaaa! I know that when I do this they usually come back off pretty easily. And, it was only four or five days that I went off track, so I think I can recover pretty easily. I was afraid to come here and have to readjust my little tracker back up, but I know that the best way to get it together is to get some support.

So! Here I am... support me! LOL

TIA

Sandy

sanreg
01-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi,
I am Sandra I do WW and want to loose at least another 6 lbs until V day. It is going very very slow.... :( Today I WI and hope some came off....
Can I join you guys?

xJennJennx
01-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone, I started SBD on Jan 2nd. My weight loss goal for V'day is 165. Only 5 more pounds to go. I've been stuck at 170 for almost a week, so I'm going jogging today to add a little boost in the fat burning. Good luck too all of you and I know we can do this !

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;7;90;0;1/c/170/t/140/s/180/k/3265/weight.png

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2004
Valentines Mini Goal 165

knittymomma
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
hey all! I would like to join this! I had a mini-vday goal of my own prior to joining so i guess I'm using this as support. I've already lost 11 lbs. and my goal is 15 lbs. Hopefully I can make it! :coffee:

Ashlie
01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Hello Everyone.
It has been awhile since I posted, and about time I get my but back online and post.. I completely screwed up my diet, but am now somewhat back on track. My V-Day Challenge was to loose 10 lbs and I don't have much time now :P but I have already lost 3 lbs so I guess that is ok.

Congratz to everyone. :) I's wonderful to see everyone loosing weight.

/hugs
Stephanie aka ashlie

liseyloo
01-21-2005, 10:47 PM
I want to send a big *HUG* to chocy963! Hang in there, it was such a good move to log in and put your tracker on when it had moved in the wrong darn direction - be proud of yourself for knocking it on the head and getting back on track (ok - I am using a lot of cheesy lines here but I mean it so :P )
Everyone is doing so well and I'm looking forward to seeing lots of posts on VDay saying that goals have been met.
I've lost 3 pounds since my last post *YAY*!!! I'm on target to nail this challenge :)

V Day challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/263/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My 12 week challenge (this is day 12):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro5/slider-scaleyellow/lb/273/218/263/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My ultimate goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/slider-but2/lb/273/165/263/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

judydc
01-23-2005, 12:05 PM
You are all giving me lots of inspiration (and patience). I'm down another pound since last week, and feeling smaller than the scale indicates. I hope this means that the "whoosh" will be hitting me soon, and I'll see a big jump on the scale to reflect my improved muscle tone. Not enough folks signed up for my aerobics class, though, so it was cancelled. I'm thinking about joining Curves.

If they can make it here through the snow, I'm having friends over later to watch football. Yesterday I made a big pot of chili, and only had a cup of it. And I bought chips and beer. The chips are still unopened, and I just had half a beer (the other half went into the chili). :goodvibes I will keep chanting "Six more pounds in three weeks" to remind myself to continue to show restraint while I entertain today.

Have a great week, everyone, and keep up the fabulous work!

judy

Amity
01-23-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi all

Everyone seems to be doing really well with the challenge. I'm down another pound this week to 193 only 3 more to go :D

Judy - yay another pound. Thats great, from what I here it's better that it comes of slowly (a pound or two a week) as its more likely that you'll keep it off. It means your doing all the right things and not overdoing it. Congratulations :D Pity about the aerobics class though, i know you were looking forward to it. You're going to have to educate me a bit on curves though - I don't think we have that here. It sounds like you have a great day planned. Have fun!

liseyloo - way to go! your doing so great.

Ashlie(Stephanie)- don't be too hard on yourself, you jumped back on the horse (so to speak :) ) and thats an achievement in itself. You can still reach your v day goal. Your doing great.

Knittymomma, JennJenn & sanreg- hi and welcome aboard.

chocy963 - Like I said before - the important thing here is that you jumped right back on program after your break. It took a lot of courage to readjust that tracker. You are doing so well keep up the great work. You can do it!

Hi to anyone I might of missed.
Have a great day

DentalGem
01-24-2005, 06:45 AM
Well It's been a while but I'm Still trying to keep up. We have just finished our 4th blizzard since Christmas Well it's been a while but I'm still trying to keep up. We have just finished our 4th blizzard since Christmas and each time there is too much snow. I woke up this morning and can not see my car. Weight loss is going well slow but steady. (I hope that is really how you win the race) :lol:

Pook74
01-24-2005, 09:13 AM
Good morning all :)

Well, today I finally did it. I decided that to get any exercise in I will have to do it on a morning before I leave for work. So I got up 30 minutes earlier and got on the elliptical machine we have for 20 minutes. I am quite proud of myself that I actually managed to do this. I was inspired by an article in this months Glamour magazine. The article was about setting realistic goals for yourself with regards to exercise. It suggested that for people like me who find working out in the evenings difficult, to do it on a morning and to slowly introduce it into your routine. First of all do 20 minutes, then gradually up it to 30, then 40 etc. I'm going to try 20 minutes each morning this week, then next week see how I am feeling and maybe up it to 30. I think this may actually work for me, as I felt pretty good afterwards.

My weigh in is tomorrow.

chocolatecatz
01-24-2005, 12:00 PM
I'd like to be down to 220 by end of this week My weigh in day is Friday. I dont know I feel great at times at other times discouraged. I guess it's a whole process. I have to enjoy the process and not get down by the number on the scale. Easier said then done I guess! Don't want to give up. This site has been a great help even though I've only been here a week!! Much better than another site I go to. WOOHOO

Anmyreah
01-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone
A big :cp: for all. It sounds like everyone is on track. Ashlie I have been gone for a week also. Didn't weigh in last Monday. I just could not get on track but today I weighed and am starting again. I have not lost any but didn't gain any either so I am thankful of that and will just start up where I left off. Hope everyone has a great week
Anmyreah

Ashlie
01-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi Everyone. SO far I seem to be doing ok. I am down to 144. 4 lbs until I hit my goal for V-day. crossing my fingers that I keep loosing. Congrats and big hugs to everyone that is looseing and maintaining.

/hugs to everyone
Stephanie

judydc
01-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I made it through my little get-together without doing too much damage, although I will wait a few days before climbing back on the scale.

Pook, way to go with the exercise! :bravo: I like your plan, it should work well.

Amity, Curves (www.curvesinternational.com) is a chain of fitness centers throughough Canada and the US. At the rate it's growing, it will make its way to you any minute now! In a nutshell, they promise a full cardio and strength training routine in about 30 minutes, by having you alternate between aerobics and maybe eight different hydraulic machines. A trainer or two is there to keep you moving and to help out. They don't have the amenities I associate with a club, but it is affordable, just for women, and really reaches out to women who are older or really out of shape. Anyway, Curves is wildly popular, particularly to gym novices.

Every day is clean slate, one day at a time!

liseyloo
01-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey there, checking in again.
Judydc, I had a look at the curves site - it looks great! There isn't one in my little state yet, but you never know, maybe one day.
Lost another half kilo/pound. Not very well today, hope this bug goes away so I can get back into exercising because I think that is really making a difference for me.

My V Day challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/262/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My 12 week challenge (this is day 15):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/slider-but2/lb/273/218/262/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My ultimate goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro5/slider-scaleyellow/lb/273/165/262/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

craftymom2005
01-24-2005, 10:19 PM
hi ladies,
after nearly cutting the tip od my finger off last night using the bread knife. it's my index finger. this is for the birds. plunking away like i'm just learning the keyboard. i weighed in today lost 2 lbs. it's not great but it's going in the right direction. i had several night of late night hunger. i am doing much better at it. wil do better this week. hope you are proud of what you did this week
kind regards.
mary

judydc
01-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Mary, cutting off body parts to speed your weight loss is cheating :lol:

A friend is talking me into joining her on one of those walkathons, the Avon one for breast cancer. Because you have to train for it over the next few months, it might be a good way for me to commit to sticking to working out, and might help me get past plateaus. I have arthritis in my knees, but I do enjoy walking. I'll have to decide by next week.

I haven't done too badly with eating, but a friend sent me some fresh peanuts and pecans from Georgia, and I have been munching more than I should. And it's been too cold and icy to walk much outside, so this hasn't been a great week for fitness. But if I sign up at the Curves gym on Saturday, and commit to this walkathon, I will consider it a week well spent!

Good luck, ladies :wave:

liseyloo
01-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Checking in again. It's so hot and humid here at the moment, making it hard to get motivated to go out and exercise. Lost one more pound so I'm happy about that.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Cheers - Lisa

My V Day challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/261/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My 12 week goal (Day 18):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro5/slider-scaleyellow/lb/273/218/261/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My Ultimate goal:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/slider-but2/lb/273/165/261/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

chocy963
01-28-2005, 09:44 AM
:dancer: Well, I am back on track and trying to stick with it! Thanks to liseyloo and amity for your support.

I am not perfect on a daily basis, but if I can lose an average of a pound a week I will get there sooner or later. I dream of being a person that eats only healthy food, but I know it will never happen. I love food - bad food! I do pretty well with my do-it-yourself version of Jenny Craig (Lean Cuisine, etc.) I have been walking and using the NordicTrak, but not enough. I need to boost my exercise. I think I wll still make it to 164 by Valentine's Day. My next mini-goal is 160 by March 11. My daughter is in a play and that is the date of their first performance. Mini-goals work well for me. Big goals are scary.

Pook - Morning exercise is supposed to be easier to stick with. I get up so early as it is that I simply cannot get up any earlier. I have daycare kids here till 8:30, then they all go to school. I take the dog for about a 20 minute walk, then hop on the NordicTrak for 10 minutes (adding a minute a day) and then I do some toning exercises. Well, that is my dream day anyhow. I do try to get it all in - and sometimes I actually do :strong: Sometimes I do put the toning off till the evening. I can do that while I watch TV. But, I do find that I am usually tired and not real motivated in the evening. Keep up the good work!

judydc - We have Curves here. How do you like it? I have thought about trying it, but I am not sure I will get myself there on a regular basis. Do they have a free trial or anything?

chocolatecatz - I like your attitude! We all get discouraged. The range of emotions that go along with losing weight are amazing. Sometimes you are so proud of yourself and sometimes you are disappointed. The little voice in my head drives me insane sometimes. Hang in there, you are doing great!

Anmyreah - You are so right! Staying the same is better than gaining. And, once you get back on track you will see the numbers move down right away, rather than play catchup like I had to do. Great job!

crafty - 2 pounds is great! I hope your finger is ok.

liseyloo - Where do you live? Bad weather is a real motivation killer. We have seen a bit of rain lately and I use that as an excuse. But, I can still NordicTrak in the rain and do my toning. One pound down is better than one pound up. Hang in there! :cp:

Ok - That's all from me! See ya next week! Getting close to the big day!

Sandy

liseyloo
01-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Back again, has been a hectic week so far!
Hi there chocy963! I was happy to read your post - I live in Australia and it's summer here at the moment.
The scales have been kind to me again, lost another pound *YAY*!
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Cheers - Lisa

My V Day challenge:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/260/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Amity
01-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Hi All just popped in to say a quick hi. Everyone seems to be doing really well :) Only 2 more weeks till valentines day and I have 2 more pounds to lose - I think I might actually make it :D Keep going everyone we're almost there and everyone is doing a fantastic job!

cassandra_anne
01-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I am down 7 pounds for the challenge. Just 3 more to go!!!

Good going, everyone!

Pook74
01-31-2005, 09:48 AM
Good Morning all :)

I lost another pound, bringing my total to 4lbs with 6 to go.

judydc
01-31-2005, 09:33 PM
It's so nice to catch up with everyone! I'm plugging away, still not having too many 'perfect' eating days. So my sub-mini Valentine's Day Challenge is to eat Exactly Per Plan (EPP) every day for two weeks. Crazy? I hope not. I'm still about four pounds away from my challenge goal, in part because I'm being too laissez faire, especially when it comes to social events. I had to throw the fresh peanuts away, and put the pecans in snack bags in the freezer. I have business lunches, a Super Bowl party, a reception, etc. between now and 2/14. I think that being too rigid sets you up for falling off the wagon, but in this instance--just the second month into a very long-range plan--I have to prove to myself that I can do this, or the cheats will turn into my regular way of eating, and I'll be at this same weight a year from now.

I joined Curves on Saturday. Today was my first offical workout on my own. It doesn't feel terribly rigorous, but I do like the strength-training machines. It's just women, of all sizes, so there isn't any weirdness about how you look, and everyone is friendly but focused on moving throught the routine. The staff is very friendly, and the circuit is really very easy to master. I might be bored out of my skull by Spring, but if this gets me back into the habit of going to a gym, maybe I'll join a regular gym later this year. In the meantime, I'd recommend that you check it out, especially if you're intimidated about working out in public, or if you are worried about injuring yourself. :strong:

Off to soak my feet! I went out to hear zydeco music last night, and hopped around happily for over two hours in my winter boots. My feet are still complaining.

Keep up the great work! We're just two weeks away!

judy

PS--I love these tickers, but I find revising them to be a royal pain, wish we didn't have to start all over each time. I'll amend it next time. I've lost another pound and a half since the last time I updated it.

Shalynn
02-01-2005, 12:51 PM
MY UPDATE:

I weighed myself this morning and it showed that I lost 12 of the 15 intended lbs for our V-Day Challenge, however I'm only showing that I lost 11 just in case my eyes were deceiving me! hehe

Go, go, go!! We're almost there ladies!

Good Luck!

blissful
02-01-2005, 03:28 PM
three cheers for everyone, weather up or down, we are all just keep on, keepin on!!!!!closer to my goal this morning, I forgot to weigh yesterday, so here I am today!!!! big hugs all around, and chins up!!!!!

judydc
02-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Hi, again--

So far I've managed two days EPP, sticking with the program. Alas, I'm definitely coming down with something, I've been shivering with the chills all afternoon. I thought I'd managed to avoid it.

But don't worry, Blissful, I'm keeping all of my chins up! You, Shalynn, Amity, Liseyloo, Pook, Cassandra, you're getting very close to your goal, with two weeks to go--good for you :cb:

Sandy--I forgot to answer your question before: yes, most Curves gyms will offer you a free week's trial.

Ashlie, Craftymom, Anmyreah et al, I can feel you out there. Howzit goin'?

Bye for now--judy

chocy963
02-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, it took me a while, but I managed to take off another pound. I move my way back up again, but have been doing really good this week. I know I can still make that 164 by Valentine's Day, if I just stick with it.

judy - Sorry to hear you are coming down with something. You posted that a couple of days ago, hopefully that bug decided to go somwhere else and leave you alone. I know lots of people say they lose weight when they get sick. Not me. Food = comfort, so unless I am throwing up, I am eating to try and feel better.

I see lots of others are on track to their goal as well. WTG!

I hope those that do not think they can hit their goal won't give up. Even if you can't quite get to where you want to be - I bet you can get close! I may not make it to 164, but I know I can do 165. Maybe I will surprise myself, who knows?

Hang in there everyone - 11 days to go! :D

Sandy

Amity
02-04-2005, 01:22 AM
hi all -

Very busy week and I have kind of slipped on the exercise front (diet is still ok though) Everything seems to be conspiring against me lol. Jack started school and he is doing great but emotionally it was roller coaster ride lol. He didn't cry at all unfortunately the same can't be said for me lol. Then that afternoon my babysitter up and quit on me and with only 2 weeks to go until I go back to uni that caused me to run around like a headless chook trying to arrange alternative after/before school care. Then last night(or rather the early hours of this morning ensuring I got no sleep last night lol) my cat gave birth to 2 very cute kittens :D . Oh and Hannah had her stitches out today :) phew what a week. I'm kind of afraid to hop on the scales though!.

Everyone is doing so great not much longer to go now.

Like Sandy said even if you don't quite make that goal be proud of the effort you've put in and the losses you have achieved at the end of the day that is what it's all about.

have a great weekend everyone!

BeckyH87
02-04-2005, 02:26 AM
Hi Guys!
I followed Amity here from the Aussie thread. How tunnel visioned am I? I just look for the same thread and never look at the headings of the other threads.
I agree with the person who said re-doing the tickers every single time is a bit of a poohey. Anyway, I'll add my tickers, too.
St Valentine's Day goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/64/57/59.5/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)
Ultimate goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/59.5/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

judydc
02-04-2005, 06:50 PM
What a week! I was home from work with some bug, but I'm much better today. Hope to feel good enough to hit the gym tomorrow morning. I am very proud of myself: I was Eating Per Plan all week, despite hanging around the house thinking about comfort food and stressing out about how much work was piling up at the office. I drug myself into work for a reception last night, and only ate two small plates of veggie-and-protein-based canapes, no wine or bread. The weight is coming down, I might yet reach my goal....

Amity--your life sounds awfully exciting! If you don't mind my asking, what's a headless chook?

Amity
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
That'll teach me for using that turn of phrase lol. It's quite disgusting when you really think about it :?: so I won't go into to much detail. When it is used it tends to mean running around in circles without really getting anywhere lol. A Chook is a chicken, you should be able to guess the rest . I thought it was a worldwide phrase obviously it is one of our sick and colourful aussie ones :o :lol: It has been an event filled week I am praying next week will be quieter. I did weigh in this morning and I have reached me valentines goal - I now weigh 190 pounds :D I couldn't be happier. I am setting my next goal at 180 pounds by 28th March 2005 (my birthday).
Good luck with your weigh ins

have a great weekend :)

BeckyH87
02-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone!
I don't feel all that great about not losing, particularly since I upped my exercise program to a more calorie burning walk/run program and I am eating the right foods. I fear I may not meet my mini goal for Valentine's Day. I put on half kilo that I appeared to have lost on Tues morning.

Starting weight 64kg
Week 1 62 kg
Week 2 60 kg
Week 3 60 kg

Valentine's Day goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/64/57/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Long term goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

chocy963
02-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Becky - Hang in there. Yes, it is frustrating trying to lose weight. Your body doesn't always cooperate. But, it sounds like you are maintaining, yes? What will happen if you give up? I think you know. So, what is better. Sticking it out thru the plateaus and wait for the scale to start moving the drection you want it to? Or, giving up and watching it move the other way? It sounds like you are working hard - and that hard work is gonna pay off, sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

My scale has not bee cooperating either, but it is cuz I sabotage myself. I have been doing ok, but not good enough. I still hope to see at least 165 by v-day.

You are doing great, keep it up!

And, Amity - congrats on reaching your v-day goal a week early!!! :bravo: Your next goal sound very reasonable. Look forward to seeing you reach it!

Sandy

judydc
02-06-2005, 05:55 PM
I was feeling a little glum last week, because I wasn't losing more weight, but looking back at my records, apparently I've managed to lose 10 lbs since Christmas, despite various external and self-imposed obstacles. If I'd given up in frustration, I could easily gain all that back by 2/14. Becky, Sandy's advice is right on the money. Keep your eyes on the prize, every day brings a new opportunity to be a success. I know you can do it! :cheer:

Amity, your phrase is very common in the US, but 'chook' is a new one to me :lol: Congrats on reaching your goal with more than a week to spare. Because I was so sloppy in January, I may not reach 240 by Valentine's Day. But if I stay on message, I'm sure that I can see it at least once between now and then.... :goodscale

Good luck--judy

BeckyH87
02-07-2005, 02:50 AM
Thanks Sandy and Judy!
The words are reassuring and I have every inention of going forward. Def. don't want to go back. Today I got lots of pos. comments at work, so, I'm now feeling so gloomy. It's just that the weight seemed to melt and so I thought I set a reasonable goal to lose 3 kg in 2 1/2 weeks, but ahhh after yesterday's weigh in. Any loss will be a good loss, I say. Thanks again! -Becky

liseyloo
02-07-2005, 06:38 PM
It's been 8 days since I last posted. I lost two pounds about 7 days ago and nothing since. I really struggled last week, had trouble being good with my eating and barely exercised. But looking at the little tracker I actually feel alot better, I have done so well so far - lost a little over 15 pounds since starting my weight loss journey 4 weeks ago. That's nothing to sneeze at and I am not going to waste such a good effort by giving up now!
I'm such a twit! Why haven't I been logging on here each day??ACK!! I *ALWAYS* feel better when I come here and my motivation gets back on track.
OK week 5 is going to be a good week and I am going to try my absolute best to nail that VDay goal!

VDay chart (from Jan 13th)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/258/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

judydc
02-08-2005, 06:54 PM
Congratulations on being two pounds lighter than you were last week! :smug: And 11 pounds down in less than a month! Would you have thought, back in December, that you'd be zipping along like this? Good for you!

judy

Shalynn
02-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Hello Ladies -

Yikes! I just realized we are about 5 days from V-Day.. I'm not sure if it's even possible to lose my remaining 2 lbs by then.. *shrugs

Monday, while engaging in some competitive Volleyball - I twisted my ankle, it feels a little better now, but it has cut into my "willingness" to exercise.. :*(

Good luck - we're almost there!

judydc
02-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi, Shalynn--

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle! I haven't played volleyball in years, I was always jamming my fingers or getting big bruises somewhere. My idea of competive sports are things you can do while smoking a cigarette or having a beer, like shooting pool or bowling :lol: Hmmm, think that has any connection to my being overweight? Naaah, I don't think so either....

I will be quite surprised (and happy) if I can see 240 by Tuesday. It's possible if I really focus. I backed out of going out with co-workers this evening, saying I'm too busy (which I am, actually, but I would have gone anyway). A good friend's having a birthday party tomorrow night at a micro-brewery, and I know I will have at least one beer, so I'll work out at home in the morning, and go for a long walk at lunch, and look at the menu online before going out so I can have in my mind what food I will eat. I promised another friend that I would have brunch with her on Saturday and help her witih her job hunt, but I think I can choose where we'll go, so I will go to the gym first, and make sure that we meet somewhere with healthy choices.

C'mon, gals, we can make it happen!

jaymez33
02-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Hi Ladies,

I just joined ;)

I am feeling pretty glum myself :( since I promised myself last Vday that I would be 20lbs lighter by this one. Unfortunately, that kind of negative motivation never works very long for me.

I am struggling with the motivation and was hoping to get some here.

I went to a site the other day called fitphoto to get a "virtual after picture" to motivate me. That kind of helped. You have to play around with it a little to get it to work right. Other than that I am stuck.

Any advice?

Jayme

liseyloo
02-14-2005, 10:57 PM
PHEW! I finally found this forum! Well it's the day after Valentines here. Didn't get to log on yesterday because I went to a wedding (which was LOVELY!)
I met my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well pretty darn close anyways. My weight is now 115.5kgs so when I do the conversion it is 254.1 pounds so I am gonna say that it has been met (what's .1 of a pound between friends eh!)
I am sooooo happy! This has really recharged me and got me motivated again for my 12 week challenge. I've just hit the start of week 6 and the last week or so was a struggle.
If anyone has any ideas for some short term challenges please tell me - I really like breaking the process up.
OK here is my chart - WOOHOO!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/254/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

judydc
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Congratulations :bravo: I'm sure that someone will be starting a St. Patrick's Day challenge any minute now....

blissful
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I did start a new post for st pats day, it is under chicks looking for a challenge, please come join us there!!!

debbieleepursley
02-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Hi Blissful. Maybe you should try the South Beach diet. You are only accountable to yourself, you don't go to any meeting ( you can get all the support and help right here after the kids go to bed ) and there is nowhere that your money can go that is more important than the good food that you feed yourself and your family !