Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-12-2005, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default wAcKy WeDnEsDaY cHaT, Jan 12

Good Morning Gang!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #2  

Hey gang!

what's everybody up to today?

Did anybody watch The Biggest Loser last night? Joanne, weren't you watching it with me? It was awesome! They looked so GREAT and lost so much weight. It was really amazing and almost unbelieveable, but I guess when you work out 4 hours a day that's the way it goes. Wow!

I did another 30 minute 2 mile WATP Express tape and 50 situps this morning.
Jan Miles = 16

My dh made my day! This morning we both got up at 5:00, me so I could exercise, and him to go duck hunting. I had just put on my stretchy walking pants, a sport bra, and had my hair up in a clip on top of my head with a red sweat band around my forehand (ain't that a visual haha) and had grabbed my tennis shoes to put them on and pop in my video. We met in the hall as he was leaving out and he grabbed me to tell me bye and then he told me that I was getting so little and that I looked so good!

The first thought in my head was "yea right! I bet I look just great...I must look like a big ole elephant in a sports bra" but instead I hushed those negative thoughts and simply said "awwwwwwwwww thank you!" and gave him a great big smooch! He just doesn't know that he totally made my day! heck maybe my whole week!

so what's everybody up to today?
hope it's a good one!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #3  

Chris, I noticed you did pilates and toning yesterday!
That is awesome girlie! you go girl!

How do you like doing pilates? is it hard?
what video do you have? just wondering?

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #4  

Default Oh my

Hi everybody

Just got home from running kids to school......it is so cold that I didn't want to chance dd 6 on the bus.......her driver has been somewhat unreliable in terms of getting the kids to school on time, and sometimes they stand outside for some time before they are picked up.

Anyhow I am off and running, lots to do. I am trying to take some time off work but they are having trouble covering my shifts.....ugh

Hope everyone has a great day!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #5  
CIN

Gooooooood Morning Gals!

for those exercisers! Good for you. I am sitting in my flannel gown and ready to change and go walk myself.it is to be record high in temps today and then drop real low Thursday!

I purchased my Feb issue of Good Housekeeping last night to see my WW mbr on the front.I keep looking at it over and over like I silly kid! The article is one page so you can read it at the check out line and not buy it.......but check it out.she has on a pink top and it says "half her size".

I will quit bragging after this post at least in here!

I woke up with a "gift" from my grandsons.............PINK EYE
Called the Dr for drops.oh boy!

BBL
Hang in there everyone......we are WOMEN..................watch us now!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:29 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Cathy-The pilates tape I have is Hilary Burnett's Pilate Basics. A friend I met online goes to this website...and they exchange videos with eachother and she asked around about things a person with arthritis could do. they all said pilates and yoga. So she sent me her pilates tape in the mail for me to try. I like it. My little tummy muscles feel like they are going to die today but its a good hurt.

Eliz-Where do you live where it's soo cold? I 'm in Montana but our temp isn't due to drop again below zero until tomorrow. OOOOHHH..I'm just looking forward that that one (just a bit of sarcasm there).

Okay..I watched the Biggest Loser last night. They have all done so good and come so far. I noticed Moe even looked like he lost alot more after he got voted out. HIs face looked thinner. I'm glad Ryan won. I was actually cheering Gary on but all in all...Ryan did the most radical change. I wonder how many will have to get surgery done to remove the excess skin.

Well I guess I better get back to being a mom/housewife. Darn it...

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #7  
CIN

By the way.I watched it too and was in favor of the older guy.......but boy it was sooo close I wish they had split it with all 3!

So is it still on with the others next week for $100,000.?

Cin

PS Going to read about pink eye
Old 01-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #8  

yes it is still on for next week - one of the others that was voted off will win $100,000. I think that is great - I mean win money or not - THEY ARE ALL WINNERS IN MY BOOK! they all look so much better.

I was kind of wanting the older guy - Gary - to win also - even tho they were all nice people and did really well. Maybe you're right Cin - they could have just split it between the 3 - that would have been fine with me.

I could not believe that Ryan lost 122 lbs, Gary lost 71 and Kelly lost 79 (yes I kept up with it haha). That is a lot of weight to lose in 6 months! wow! wow! wow!

Did ya'll notice the difference in Kelly's arm from the before and after! wow! it was a huge difference!

Cin - I am going to pick up that magazine at lunchtime. Can't wait to see it! Does the article also mention her wonderful ww leader's name? that would be so cool! dang they need to do a story on how wonderful ww leaders help with the weight loss and they could do a story on you! now that would be REALLY COOL! thanks for telling us about the magazine.

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #9  

oops - hope your pink eye gets better cin!
might need some meds to treat it.
hugs!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:14 PM   #10  
Walking by faith

Wink I confess...

Yes, I DID watch "The Biggest Loser" last night. I wanted Gary to win, but they all did so great. I almost cried when I saw Kelly's final weight-she'd shared that she wanted to weigh between 140-150, and she ended up only 13 pounds from her goal. And Ryan losing 122 pounds-WOW!

Cathy: You're doing GREAT on your exercise!

Liz: I don't blame you for driving your DD to school. I grew up in Mass., and I remember some of those COLD winter days waiting for the bus to come. One year we had a real cold snap and one of my classmates ended up with frostbitten fingers

CIN: You must be a very proud WW leader ! Our weather is going in the same direction as yours: from record highs (80) to freezing cold by the end of the week. Take care of that pinkeye

Chris: Is it hard to exercise with your arthritis? Pilates sounds like it would be good. I need to start an exercise program, but I'm limited by my probs with the right leg & foot. I have hand weights, and I know there's videos out there that teach seated workout routines. I just need a good swift kick

Leenie, Lynnie, Tippy, Lanee, Stephanie: How are you doing today?

SueMarie: You've been in my thoughts with all the news from CA. Please let us know that you're doing ok

Tonite is AWANA night, & I plan on walking into church by the grace of God. I want my Sparkies to see what God has done in my life

Have a great day
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Girls, sorry I can't stay and do personals. THings are busy but good

I'll be back tomorrow to chat... boss is gone for the day YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 03:58 PM   #12  
CIN

I got some drops from the Doctor this afternoon for the pink eye.no biggie.just burns and itches......

No the article didnt mention me.they edited a lot she said I am sure but HEY.....SHE did all the work.I am just excited about knowing her.........I just returned from going to 4 gas stations looking for Louisville paper.there was an article about her in it tody but none had the paper! Drats! The guy that wrote the story called me yesterday.........so I think I will go on line and read it!

BBL
Cin~
Old 01-12-2005, 04:15 PM   #13  
Getting back on track!

Hi Ladies,

You go girls on the exercise!!!

Cathy-That was so sweet with your hubby! I am going to do my WATP...first I have to dust them off and clean the cobb webs off the VCR (just kidding ) I forgot to email you. I will do that today!!!!

Eliz-Hope you get some time off! I know you have been going like crazy lately and emotionaly drained probably. Tell them we said give you a break!!!

Cin-Yeah on your WW memeber and the magazine. I have to get the magazine. I hope your pink eye gets better really quick!

Chris-Wow you are going to get cold. It's so hot here today I had to come home and shed the warm clothes. I was on the same page with you on the Biggest Loser. They all did so great! I was wondering about the skin too. I want to try to loose and tone so it's not too bad. I have several friends that had plastic surgery and it's scary. The one had a tummy tuck and amlost died.

Joanne-I remember Awana's! I was in that when I was a little tyke..years and years ago!!!

Leenie-Glad you got to pop in and glad the boss is away!

By 1230pm I had been to 3 doctors. Busy but productive day. Traffic was horrible here this morning, it's beautiful and sunny so I would hate to see it raining but that's Atlanta for ya. One of the intersections I had just went through was just on TV and 2 people were shot, they haven't given details yet. I sure am glad I was no where around.

I am going to miss my first weigh in at WW on Saturday but I am doing great. I am going to have that garage sale at my mom's and get rid of some clothes. I have 10 bags and counting!

I got another call from work today. I was like hello, I am out on leave for a reason!!! I left a nice message back and basically told the guy I was on leave for a reason and to please call the other people on the account for assistance Has anyone else had to deal with this and have any suggestions? I want to be nice but enough is enough!!!

Well, hope you all have a great afternoon!

Hugs
Setina
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 05:49 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I lost my whole post...drat!

Anyhow here I got again.

Joanne-as far as exercising with arthritis...I really don't feel too bad. In reality, I'm surprised at how much I can do. I tone with dyna-bands. I have some 5# hand weights but those are hard on my elbow joints and my shoulder joints. If i'm having a bad time with my arms doing an exercise tape, I just eliminate the arm motions or if my legs are bugging me, I just do smaller movements. I figure as long as I'm moving...then my joints won't get stiff.

Setina-I think I may luck out and not have to worry about flappy skin. After last night, I was checking mine out in the mirror and I don't have much lose skin. So I don't think I'll end up like Kelly. I never even got stretch marks with any of my kids. My skin must be pretty elastic.

Cin-How's the meetings going? Pink eye...YUCK! I just had that run through our house a couple weeks ago. I got and so did my littlest girl. I made sure everyone kept their fingers away from their faces and washed their hands alot so I think that helped keep the others from getting it.

BTW- I was in Awana's when I was a little girl. I didn't think it was still around. Our church does the Good News Bears.

Okay...kids are screaming and fighting. The said they're playing hide and seek and Nicole is it. She's 2 and I don't think she really knows what being "IT" means.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:17 PM   #15  

I'll check in tomorrow! Got a PM from Anna-great to hear from her! I was a bit under the weather today so I've been quiet.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote