Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

WELCOME to all who choose to stop here. We are a fun group, providing support, encouragement and motivation. We hope you sit a spell, grab a bottle of water and chat with us for awhile. We would love to meet you.
Old 05-11-2001, 02:59 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good Afternoon!! Busy, busy day so I wanted to stop in for a minute to say 'HI'. Are you all behaving????

I went out to breakfast with my cousins after a Mass in memory of my Aunt. I was a good girl. I asked for my eggs and hash browns to be done on a dry grill and wonder of all wonders, they did it!!! Guess I found a new restaurant. They get my business if they can follow my cooking instructions.

I hope everyone doesn't mind that I started a new thread. The other one was getting long.

Gina: I'm going to see what kind of financial aid WW might offer. Then I'll have to decide what I'm going to do.

Gotta run back to the theatre. So far no popcorn!

"You learn you can do your best even when it's hard, even when you're tired and maybe hurting a little bit. It feels good to show some courage." - Joe Namath
Old 05-11-2001, 03:43 PM   #3  
Dying to be thin

Default Happy Friday!!

Hello everyone! Today is Friday and this weekend is going to be super busy for me!! Tomorrow my sister graduates from College!! She will be a teacher! Afterwards we are headed towards Cleveland and we are staying in a hotel and going out with her to celebrate! Sunday morning we are getting up and heading to the Indians game at 1:05. Then after the game we are headed home hopefully just in time to make it to volleyball!! WHew! Today is homework day..Yesterday was clean the house day. WOW I am so busy!!

So far so good..no exercising for me this week but I have been eating fairly well. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

Thinthinker - Sorry to hear about your Aunt. But I am glad that you can talk about it! My father-in-law is dying and it's so hard to know that sometime we are going to have to say goodbye. But for now we see him every day!

Well...I am off...talk to you girls soon!!!

Angie
Old 05-11-2001, 04:03 PM   #4  
CatGal

Default Thank You Thin! :)

Thanks so much for posting the start of the new thread on the old thred. I subscride by e-mail so if you didn't do it, I would never know the new thread was out there! You are so considerate!

Hi Hannah! Enjoy your busy weekend! Mine will be pretty full too!
G
Old 05-11-2001, 11:33 PM   #5  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! I survived movie popcorn I'm doing a happy dance. That's one night down and one to go. Saw The Mummy Returns. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one. I like the subtle humor, like in the Indiana Jones movies.

Tomorrow is DH's birthday. I think I'll go get a spice cake mix (his favorite) from the store in the morning and bake before going to the theatre. I'll swap out oil for applesauce and use Eggbeaters so it won't be sooooo high in fat and calories. I think that's a plan!!!

Angie: Sounds like you've got enough running in your schedule to qualify as exercise! Have a great weekend. Congrats to your sister! It is really tough knowing that the end is near. Enjoy your father-in-law for as long as you can. They are such a treasure and you sure do miss them when they're gone. [[[hugs]]]

Gina: Hey, it's a force of habit. I learned from my own mistakes a long time ago when I kept posting on an old thread and everyone else had moved on. Stupid me! So ever since then, when I start a new one, I leave a message on the old one. Have a great weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. I'll talk with you all later. Have a good night.
Old 05-12-2001, 11:52 AM   #6  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

WOW I can't believe it was Monday when I last posted. We have been so very busy and then I couldn't get on the net because of the phone lines when I wanted to and when I did I was only on a few minutes before I was 86ed. So there you have it. Well gals Gomer has got to find a new home. He is absolutely impossible to house train. He can be outside playing for two hours and then come knock on the door wanting in and then does his business. That, my friends has gotten very old. He is too young to just leave outside all the time and we don't have a fenced yard. But he will make a good ranch dog so now is the time to find him another place to live.

I have read it all but am not at this time going to make individual comments. I love you all.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Maggie sippin latte in Tennessee
Old 05-12-2001, 12:27 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just a quickie as I'm headed out to do my theatre job. Got honey's cake baked, using applesauce and Eggbeaters. We'll see later how it tastes.

Maggie: Sorry to hear the puppy is not long for life at your house. That's a shame. Chin up. I'm sure he'll be fine.

Gotta run. I'll give you the movie reviews later. Keep your fingers crossed that I stay out of the popcorn! (ummm, they should have an icon for 'fingers crossed')

Power Up Your Beliefs
You are more likely to succeed in your journey if you believe...
1. You want it.
2. You are capable of doing it.
3. It's worth it.
4. You deserve it.
Old 05-12-2001, 03:03 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Default THANKS THIN -

Wish my chin was thin but it is up.

A new person posted on the old thread and I copied it and am pasting it here.... WELCOME to this group YVONNE we are glad to have you come walk this road to thin with us.

Maggie sippin' ice water in Tennessee

05-12-2001 02:08 PM profile | pm | search | buddy list | quote | edit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everyone
I would like to be part of this fantastic group of people
who are slowly achieving weight loss...i have at least 100lbs to lose...i have lost 6 and gained 6+ back...
but i am determined to lose this weight....I am 43 yrs old married with 4 kids...14yrs-24yrs old)...
I have also started walking too...last week I did walk 3 days...and today I am starting back again walking...I do have a back problem..probably because of my weight..

Yvonne

Old 05-12-2001, 09:25 PM   #9  

Hey everyone! I'm not counting down to 250, but I visit here anyway. I'm usually on the 'Challenge' threads. I wanted to let Thinthinker know that WW used to offer scholarships. When I was in college, I think I paid $5/week when the regular fee was about $11/week. You had to make progress during the scholarship period and then you could renew it. Once I was approved, I was sent certain paperwork to take to the meetings. Call the 800 number to see if this is still possible. Best wishes!
Old 05-14-2001, 07:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say that this is the start of a new week and new motivation. Several things have happened; one in particular that jolted me hard.

I got a roll of film developed and on it were pictures of me riding the horse. I was not happy with what I saw. Funny how the camera shows what the mirror doesn't. Plus my sis has lost 21 pounds while I've been dinking around not accomplishing much for myself.

This weekend, I really worked on doing positive things for myself to combat all the stress. One thing I'm working on is stopping the mental stress I've been putting on myself by wanting all the comfort food. The only thing in life that I can control is how I respond to life. Maggie's words are so right but it is so hard to remember sometimes.

There are things I want to reply to but must get some paperwork done before work this morning. I'll write more later.

Have a great OP day ladies!
Old 05-14-2001, 09:20 AM   #11  
CatGal

Default Happy Motivated Monday!

Well, I can sound motivated can't I? Maybe if I say it enough times, I will actually believe it?

I had a rather busy weekend that was not so great food wise. I was pretty much Off Program the whole time! It was my Nieces' First Holy Communion on Saturday, complete with a party. And then a BBQ at mom's on Sunday. We also celebrated my dad & brother's birthdays on Sunday, so there was a lot of food and treats!

Thin - I can't wait to see The Mummy Returns! It has got some good press so far. I really liked the first one, and just ordered it on DVD. Hey, that Low Fat Spice Cake sounds yummy! Let us know how it turned out...

Maggie - I so feel your pain with little Gomer! I have a sick kitten at home that has had Diarrhea since we got him home in December! We have brought him to the vet several times, and nothing seems to help. Cleaning up after him is very frustrating, but I love the little guy so much! I became very attached to him being home for 4 months. I know that if we gave him up that no one would ever take him because of his condition, and after losing a cat of the same breed in November, I treasure everyday with him. I just hope we find the right treatment soon! If you can find Gomer a good outdoor home, I think that would be great for the little guy! Don't feel bad. You are doing the right thing for you and him...

Hi Swan! Thanks for the info on WW Scholarships! I had no idea that even existed...

Determined - Oh I know how depressing it can be to be disappointed with the image that you see on a photograph! Just remember that it is just a photo. Sometimes they to not portray the best possible angle or light. You don't notice it in the mirror, because you see yourself in the mirror every day! I am also trying to combat stress with happiness... it is not that easy all the time, but I think you have the right idea. You can only control your actions and reactions, not those of others. And I would add that most of the time other peoples reactions to you are 90% about themselves and only 10% about you, so try not to take everything to heart, like I tend to do...

Well, it's right back OP for me! Hope you all have great weeks!
G
Old 05-14-2001, 01:42 PM   #12  
Dying to be thin

Default Hello!

Well as for a few people here, I had a HUGE weekend also! VERY BUSY!!! My sister graduated College on Saturday. We had a cookout afterwards and then later we headed to Elyria where we went out and then stayed the night in a hotel. Sunday we had Cleveland Indian's Tickets (they did HORRIBLE) then we came home and played volleyball and afterwards we went to my mom's for a surprise Mother's Day Spaghetti Dinner...needless to say I am EXHAUSTED today!!! I might even have to take a nap!
I am unsure if I can make it to weigh in tonight. But I am sure I will let all of you know!
Talk to you later!
Good luck this week!
Angie
Old 05-14-2001, 02:43 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

I found Brenda over on the old thread and brought her over here. Hope you don't mind.

Canadian/Brenda posted on May 14, 2001:

Good Morning:

Well, I'm back from St. Louis and I did great being OP while I was away. I can hardly wait until tomorrow night, I did so much walking while I was away, I'm feeling real confident that I may hit that 100 pound mark. Best of all now that I've started walking I think I will be able to continue that habit.

Sorry I don't have time right now to read all your posts but I will be trying to catch up and send my congrats to all you losers!

Have a great day, and it's feels good to be back in touch, I've missed everyone.

Brenda
Old 05-14-2001, 03:00 PM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Today was great!!! Actually I guess last week was pretty great too. My WI this morning was good. I am down 2# and here I am doing the happy dance again!! I have reached the 50# mark, again, and please God, make this the LAST time I have to be here!!! I guess not giving in to the theatre popcorn devil was worth it.

Yvonne: Welcome. We're glad to have you join us.

n 2 a swan: Thanks for the news on scholarships. I filled out the paperwork and I'm just waiting to hear. I'm hoping they'll help out since I've been with the program for 3 years and we're hoping it's only temporary. Hubby will find work eventually, right????

Terri: Ahhhh, the dreaded pictures! It's funny how they tell the REAL truth. Let it go and think about how great you'll look the next time you have your picture taken.

Gina: It was just one weekend. Let it go, you had a great time with friends and family. Now let's move on. We can do it.

Angie: Gosh, you did have a busy weekend. But it does sound like a great time!

Brenda: Welcome back. You'll have to tell us all about your trip. Was it wonderful????

BTW, the spice cake turned out GREAT!!! I subbed out the oil for non-sweetened applesauce and the 3 eggs for a small (2 eggs worth) container of Eggbeaters. It was moist and great tasting. I used a whipped vanilla ready to spread frosting 'cuz it had the lowest fat and calories. There used to be a Sweet Reward or Reduced Fat frosting but I couldn't find it this time. Anyway, I just did a 13x9 pan and cut it in 12ths. It was 6 points, but a good sized piece.

Well, I guess I will let you go for now. Love to all.

A habit is like a cable, we weave a thread of it each day and soon it becomes so strong we cannot break it.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:49 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

What a bunch of wonderful ladies you are! I am so glad to belong to this group.

YIPEKIO I showed a 1.4 pound loss this day at WW.

TERRI put the pictures away for a later viewing when you have lost weight. Then you will be glad you have them. They remind me of an old Rod Stewart song "Every Picture Tells A Story Don't It." Pictures speak volumes.

GINA Gomer is living on a ranch with a bunch of horses and other animals now. He is happy and has some wonderful children to play with also. Hope that they can find out what is going on with your kitty.

ANGIE graduations don't come around often and when they do they hit you with a WHAM. Congratulations to your sis! Rest up and have an OP week.

BRENDA Welcome back girl! I sure do hope you have hit that 100 pound loss mark. You have been doing so well and are such an inspiration.

GERI Congratulations on your 2 pounds gone forever! 50 gone! that is great.

Have a wonderful evening ladies.

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut coffee in Tennessee
Closed Thread