Old 01-11-2005, 05:48 AM   #1  
15 kg must go!!

Smile Hi,I'm new:)

My name is Marit and I am 36 years old.I live in the Netherlands.I am South African,and I moved here two and a half years ago.

I had to adapt to a new climate,a new lifestyle and a new,far more sedentary job.

During the past year I'd gained 10kg (times 2.2 to get lbs) and since moving in with my bf in September,a whopping 5kg more.(I've been eating everything he eats,sometimes in greater quatities!!)

I am now 1.6m (about 5'2 and a half) and weigh 75.5kg (equals 166lbs).
My BMI is 30 I am officially obese.

I am going to South Africa for the first time in 2 years on Feb 3.I really want my friends to recognise me,I want to look as if I'm happy and life is good to me,I don't want anyone to think "What on earth has happened to HER????"

So I'm here.A bit late,I know,but I want to lose at least 8kg in the next 3,5 weeks.I would also like to change my lifestyle,but right now I have this immediate goal.

I have joined the gym and I'm now doing Weightwatchers on my own (former WW drop-out,then my starting weight was 4kg less than now,how sad am I??)
I am not counting my exercise as bonus points for the "crash" period.

I have never struggled so hard to lose weight in my mlife.I guess my metabolic rate has taken the old midlife slump.

I need some encouragement to stay with this,and I need to keep up my motivation during the slumps.

I am so glad that I've found this forum

Thank youu if you have read this far,
Marit.
marit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:31 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Marit! Welcome to 30-somethings! You've gone through a lot of changes over the past couple years. Good for you deciding to take control of your life! We'll be here to encourage and support you. So am I correct in saying you want to lose about 17.5 lbs. by February? That's a hefty goal, not sure if you'll be able to accomplish that in just a few weeks. Most of it would be water, if you're just starting out, I'm sure. Come join us on the "week of..." thread!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #3  
15 kg must go!!

LBH....thank you very much for your warm welcome.Yup,I'm beginning to see that I have very unrealistic goals if I don't want to follow a fad diet

I'm off over to the Week of...thread!!!

Marit
marit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #4  

Welcome Marit! Your friends will be happy to see you regardless of your weight, if not you need new friends!
See you around.
Sandra
abounding_joy is offline   Reply With Quote