South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:38 PM   #1  

Default Headache!!!!

Hi, when do you think the headache will go away? I have had it for 2 days now...but it gets worse in the evening. It is going to get better, right?
Old 01-10-2005, 09:08 PM   #2  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

I assume you are on Phase 1? Did you give up caffiene by any chance? That seems to be the biggest offender with the withdrawal headaches. If you did give up your coffee, then have a cup. It will fix the headache right away!

If that's not your problem, are you sure your drinking enough water through the day? Dehydration causes nasty headaches.

Your best bet right now is to take a couple of aspirin and wash them down with a large glass of water. Then lie down or go to bed. That will probably fix you right up.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #3  

Default thanks

I did give up caffiene (Mt. Dew), and I don't drink coffee. I have been chugging H2O all day every day. I did take something and I am going to bed now. thanks for replying...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

KyGirl, I'll bet it'll be gone by tomorrow. It usually lasts a couple of days... hang in there, hon!
Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #5  

Mine lasted about 5 days. Everyone else said theirs lasted 2. If you have a bit of protein this helps. Usually I'll have a bit of cheese and I'll feel as good as new.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #6  
Conquering with SBD

I went back on Phase 1 yesterday after consuming too much sugar over Christmas. Sure enough, I got the withdrawl headache. I didn't give up coffee, so it is not from the caffeine. I know it will last 2 or 3 days, so will persevere through it. Take care.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:17 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I had my P1 headache for a week. I drank a lot of caffeine (non-coffee then -- now it's changed!). I allowed myself a diet soda with lunch if I had more than half of my water drank for the day. That way it helped with the headache and I felt as though I was rewarding myself.

Diet Mountain Dew is good
Old 01-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #8  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hiya -

I'm on Day 10, Phase 1, and I had the headache for about 3 days. I actually increased my caffeine intake for a few days, because I was scared I wouldn't have enough energy without the carbs. Not true. I'm back down to my one cuppa per day, with Caf Free Diet Pepsi at lunch and lots of water. What worked for me for the headache was Tylenol, quiet naps, and hot chicken broth with chili paste and garlic. Probably any hot drink would suffice, I usually drink the broth for sinus-related headaches. The heat soothes your head, and the chili clears the passages. Garlic is good for everything.

Just my two - and don't worry, it will be over soon!

Solarmama
Old 01-11-2005, 12:45 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Yup, it does go away soon...usually anywhere from 3-5 days. Just think of it this way: this is how sick your body has been from sugar! Also, think of how this feels...if you cheat you'll feel this way again as you detox, as Sweet Tooth described. It sure makes cheating less appealing, at least to me!
Old 01-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #10  
~*~Tara~*~

S/C/G: 240/234/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGirl
I did give up caffiene (Mt. Dew), and I don't drink coffee. I have been chugging H2O all day every day. I did take something and I am going to bed now. thanks for replying...
You can either add in diet soda, or try taking a migraine medicine with caffiene added to it, such as Excedrin. You should be back to normal in a day or so.
Closed Thread