Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - January 10th

Happy Monday !

Hope your weekend was a good one. Boy did it ever go fast for me.

I have a meeting in 1/2 hr but I'll try to sneak in later

How's everyone feeling today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:43 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Man the weekend thread was hopping!!
This bizzare damp weather has been kicking my arse too I have CP and fibromyalgia and probably arthritis lol
Yesterday I went looking for my sweatin to the oldies which i couldn't find BUT i found tone and sweat which i did without weights for 25 minutes and i was sweatin! the only part i skipped was the abs and cool down b/c they were both on the floor and if i got down I wouldn't get up
ahhh the walker saga they delivered one. . .that was the same as what we were returning! SO Dh and i drove to lovely scenic union to pick it up so i have it now and i tried it in Home depot yesterday and found a way to fenagle it woohooo!
I can't remember everything to reply too but
Lanee Stay strong hopefully your DD will have an epiphany and realize she's worth more than some generic guy
Steph Huge hugs lady you're going to get through
SueMarie You guys are so good It must be hard for BIL in the home esp b/c he's a young guy I'm glad you get to spend time with him.
I have to hustle interview today so its beautification Defcon level 12
BBL Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #3  
I CAN DO THIS

Morning Ladies.

This morning is going better then yesterday. I am trying to find a new place to live and I looked at the paper and called on an apartment which has assisted living/based on your income and I think I got it. The apartment looks wonderful.. small but wonderful. It's a 2 bedroom and if I try I can make it into a 3 because it has a small room which I can either use as storage or a small bedroom for my 1 year old. So I am happy about that. The thing I am not happy about is it's down the street from the house I currently live in now with S. So.. but the plus sides are my son gets to stay near his best friend, go to the same school and I still live close enough so I can keep my babysitter who is the best. well that is the good news for today. I am trying not to think of the bad but if it starts bothering me I will be here typing away again.

I also got my Lateral Thigh Strider off of layaway yesterday. so I have to start exercising again. It's going to take me a couple days to get use to it but I will.

I didn't weigh in this morning so I will do it tomorrow. I went out with a bunch of people from work last night and actually had something to eat. It was off of everyone elses plates but I still enjoyed it. everyone was trying to make me eat :P
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Fantastic! the apartment sounds great! i finally have to hustle and beautify
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:38 AM   #5  

Morning everyone! ...........finally a good one too!

I am finally over all the pre-xmas, holiday, Xmas work hours, deceased ds's birthday and post holiday "excitement"......I have been enveloped in such an intense mixture of emotions......and was quite honestly exhausted......one of the teachers aides at my dd's school died over the holidays of Cancer, left two teenaged girls behind,,,,,,,and had come to school to say good bye to everyone prior to christmas sooooooo brave. As well another local lady died of Cancer, a real doll......as well the horrible loss in Asia.....it was too much to bear on top of everything else.........

That being said last friday at about 2 pm, I hit the wall........I dropped into bed exhausted and slept for 2 hours.....woke up refreshed and jumped into the weekend with both feet.........cleaned, and laughed, and ran errands, played etc...........thank goodness for the difficult times, make us realize how very much we have to appreciate in our day to day life.

I have been reviewing the posts.......and have enjoyed everyone.

Have a great monday everyone!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang

busy day around here already!

just popping in to say HI.

hope to check back later.

Hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:55 AM   #7  
Divine Gal

Default Good Morning Ladies

I can honestly say that today I am tired.I took down my tree yesterday and cleaned the kitchen (which now is a mess from Dh).Its a good tired though.I am sitting here drinking my smoothie wondering how the time is just flying by.

I also realized this year or at least before christmas I have 3 projects I have to work on.2 scrapbooks and a cross stitch blanket.Oye! My friends mother loved the scrapbook I made that she now wants one for Christmas this year. My friend is going to buy the book and get copies of pictures made and mail them to me. The blanket I have to have done before July 11th.

I have to vaccum and go through some boxes today.I am trying to get rid of clutter.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #8  

Lizzie, It was nice to chat with you this morning. I just read your post. and, I want you to know what a strong person you are. It is so difficult to pull ourselves up and move on from a difficult time. You have shown your strength as a person and, a great mom. I do believe all women have such power. You and I discussed that for just a brief moment. We can use it anyway we choose. That , to me..is such an awesome gift as a woman..but, also, such a huge one..to be used to "turn tides" in ours and others lives.You have definitely given me strength for today..and, for that I thank you.
Anna-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #9  

Thank you Anna.......your support gives me strength.........have a wonderful day!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone

It is still cold here....-24C this morning....DH & I were up early....went to coffee with friends....then went & walked at the multiplex.....DH is out walking with Charlie.....our dog....it's way too cold for me.....but Charlie doesn't care about the temperature.....he has to have his daily walk.

I did good with food over the weekend....back with doing the flex program with WW online for the last week.

Bobbie
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #11  
CIN

Hello Ladies
I have skimmed over the weekend posts and feel somewhat behind.... !
So forgive me if I dont call you all by name but have thought about you all and think some of you are really working on looking at things in a positive manner! Woman have a strong nature about them..............it is a God given nature.........thank God for it too!( I do)

It is cloudy and overcast here today and supposed to rain all week.....but such is winter weather....sure better than snow.right?

I caught up around the house this weekend as we are prepared to fly to Houston on short notice soon.My husbands Aunt is near death and we promised my MIL we would take her to Houston when it happens.She (MIL)is 83 and needs our help & support.It is her only sister. I figured I better catch up on laundry etc so we can leave whenever we need to.

I had 57 members in my morning meeting..............so I expect that many and more at the next 2................!

BBL
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #12  

Hi Cin,
I think I used to chat with you back a couple of years ago. I am just not getting back into the swing of the 3fc's site. I had been told by many that most of the group I met was posting here. I see so many I remember fondly. And, so many who helped me at a hard time in my life. Depression was at the root of all of it. But, with the fun and, serious chats I had with some...I got through it. Of course,love and support helped just a bit! hahaha!! Hoping to chat "at" some of you again through these posts.
I have missed you all. I will have to learn the site and, see how to "make the meetings" I am sure that would help me in my daily life. Thanks again...and, so glad I have found some of the group that was and, is still so special to me.
Hi Linnie... and, Leenie..missed you too, girly. Ahhh...as I said...good to be back among friends. bye now...anna banana
Old 01-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #13  

Well, now I see a word in my last post that totally changes the meaning of it. I am trying to get used to typing on a laptop...misery....but, glad to have it. I meant to say.. I am just N O W getting back into the swing of the 3fc's site. hahahaha...ok now....byeeeee hahhahahahahahaa swoosh...and , I'm outta here. bye anna
Old 01-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #14  

Anna? Is that the Anna we used to chat with?? My my! Anna, if you remember Big Rich, I posted something I came across from almost five years ago that he emailed me. It's down a bit. Rich has since passed away but his generosity lives on.....

Nothing much new here. Still living in dust and mess, but I keep telling myself that it isn't forever.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #15  
Divine Gal

Well my house is vaccumed and I have stuff ready to go to Goodwill.Some children are going to have lots of fun with the big bag of stuffed animals I am giving away.I got rid of alot of childhood stuff and never realized it wqas going to be so hard to do so.But some other lucky child will benefit is how I see it.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote