General Diet Plans and Questions - Xenadrine

View Full Version : Xenadrine

jenny 1
05-11-2001, 09:40 AM
Anyone using this or have tried this? If so, did you like the results?

I have been using it for 2 weeks, and just wanted to talk with others who ARE or HAVE used it.

wwgal
05-11-2001, 10:32 AM
have you checked out the www. healthboards.com there are alot of posts for it. I am not
taking it right now but i have heard about it. I am going to try metabolift which is the same
ingredients and see how it works. I would love to hear how it works for you.

jenny 1
05-15-2001, 10:46 AM
thanks! I will check it out :D

wcolleen
05-15-2001, 04:37 PM
Hi- I have been taking Xenadrine for about 3 weeks, in conjunction with Weight Watchers. Prior to taking it, I was losing roughly 1.5 pounds per week. For the past two weeks, I have lost 3.5 and 3.2, respectively, without doing anything differently with my eating or exercise, so I've had success with it. I would suggest, however, that you take a multi-vitamin, and also consider using it for two weeks on, two weeks off (so your body doesn't adjust to it). This is what the man at GNC suggested, and I believe i read these tips on another message board as well. Good Luck!

wwgal
05-15-2001, 05:18 PM
Hi, I was looking around the internet and you are right it says you should go 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off
for a better weight loss and so that your body keeps working. THey say you should do this with all
fat burners. I also read that you also got good results by just cutting the dose in half.

i was taking metabolift and when i was taking one i felt fine but on two i didn;t like how i felt so i stop taking it because i thought it would work. But i read that i does work even if you cut the dosage in half becasue it is so strong and with all the herbal medicine. so i am going to buy some tomorrow and see how it works. Did you guys knwo that you can also buy it at walmart.

bye

jenny 1
05-15-2001, 06:11 PM
I am so glad that you both responded.

I am on my 3rd week. I keep the bottle at work, and Friday when I left I forgot my weekend dosage. So I got a good 2 days off. I had to remember to not pig out over the weekend, but I really didn't have to put a lot of thought into it. Yesterday, I was zipping around and talking really fast because of not taking them for 2 days.

I really got myself back on track in February with both dieting and exercising (no diet supplements) and believe it or not I saw virtually no results. One day I would look thinner and then the next fatter.

I really looked into this and read both the good and the bad to see whether this was worth the gamble. I have read that taking aspirin and drinking caffeinated beverages help maximize the results. I tried it with and without and really saw no difference.

I have tried Metabo____, choose life, lift, or lize, and diet fuel in the past and they all gave me horrible stomach pains and cramps, so I ended up taking them back.

These are not affecting me in a bad way. I am not experiencing the rapid heartbeat alot of people say they get. I still get a normal nights rest, but I do have more energy and am able to shove off from the table sooner.

I do take a women's one a day daily. That also helps in the energy department.

So far, I am afraid to weigh, I have easily lost half a pant size though. I have a couple pairs of jeans that 3 weeks ago I had to lay on the bed in order to zip them and now they are just a little snug in the hips everywhere else they fit me normal. So they do work.

The only thing that bothers me about these is I don't want to eat at all, I honestly don't think about it. So I have to remember to eat dinner at night. I have heard Metabolife users say the same thing.

Well I better get to the gym, to burn off some of this energy, please keep in touch and let me know how your weightloss continues to go.

I will check out Walmart too :D

wwgal
05-15-2001, 07:55 PM
I also read that you need to drink your water with these pills. If you get side effects it might be
because of lack of water. I also read that you should only stay on it for a month them go off
it for a little while. How much did you pills cost?

like you i have tryed everyday , every exercise , diet aids and nothing happened. I weigh more
than i ever have. SO i am willing to try xenadrine and see what happens.

bye

wwgal
05-15-2001, 07:59 PM
THe other thing i read was not to take the xenadrine with juice and a vitamin a girl did
that i was sick all day.

bye

wcolleen
05-16-2001, 06:27 PM
wwgal:

I got a bottle of Xenadrine at GNC for $24, I believe. I think it was on sale, though. It is usually around $30 for 120 pills.

If you get a gold discount card from GNC (I do not work for GNC, just offerning up a tidbit of info! :-), you get 20% off that day, and then on the first Tuesday of each month, you get 20% off of anything in the store, so you would end up paying about $24.00 a bottle. If you do the half-dosage, or the two weeks on, two weeks off, a bottle will last you 2 months.

wwgal
05-16-2001, 09:46 PM
I also found it at target for $24.99

MrsJim
05-16-2001, 10:21 PM
While most of the manufacturers of ma huang/ephedra products recommending using the product for up to 12 weeks at a time, it may interest you to know that the FDA recommended that no more than 25 mg of ephedra per day for no more than a week. The ephedra industry of course stands to lose a great deal of money from this recommendation, so they are fighting it...here's an interesting Salon.com article:

http://www.salon.com/health/feature/2000/06/07/ephedra/index.html

In addition, since there is no regulating of the 'nutritional/herbal supplements' industry, there's really no telling as to how much of the active ingredient you're actually getting - maybe none, maybe way more than you should have (just check out the article).

Interesting...

wwgal
05-17-2001, 08:57 PM
Hi

well i found xendrine at target department store for 24.99 today. I only took one because it
was late in the afternoon by the time i got home. I can;t believe how good i feel with just one
i have more energy and i am not hungry. My kids are eatting icecream right now and i am
not even tempted to eat any. HOpefully this will work for me. has anyone weight themselves
to see how much they lost.

wwgal
05-18-2001, 04:38 PM
How is everyone doing. I am great. Last night i actually had the energy to walk and to
do some weight training. THis is great.

jenny 1
05-21-2001, 04:35 PM
WWgal -- the day that you posted that you knew someone that took it with juice who got sick, I had taken mine with juice and I had a very upset tummy all day. So I guess it is probably true.

I was on a mini vacation from Thursday-Sunday and stopped taking it during this time to give myself a break. I really don't think that my eating changed any at all while off of it. I just had to make smart healthy choices, like any other dieter.

I am embarrassed to say what I paid for mine, now that I am seeing these posts of $24.99. Ok, $45.00. It costs that everywhere around here. I have not though, checked Walmart (or Target). If it is cheaper there then I will be purchasing it there.

I am back on it today, and ready to get back on track.

How is everyone doing?

ShelleyM
05-22-2001, 07:21 AM
What is this stuff? I haven't heard of it. Is it like Metabolite? I tried the Metabolite (only 1 a day), and it doesn't help me. Can you list the ingredients, so I can compare it?

wwgal
05-22-2001, 03:07 PM
I bought mine at target for 24.99 and just saw it yesterday at walmart for the same price.
I can't believe the price difference. I just saw it at the health food store for the same price you
payed for it.

THey do say it is good to take a break from it for a few days so your body doesn;t get use to it.
I don;t think i am going to take it every weekend for this reason.

Shelley M--- here is the ingredients

pantothenic acid 40mg
bitter orange 85mg
Ma Huang 335mg
guarana extract 910 mg
ginger root 50 mg
white willow bark 105 mg
proprietary blend 225mg ( L-tyrosine, cayenne,l- carnitine, green tea

Has anyone lost any weight yet?

ShelleyM
05-23-2001, 07:27 AM
WWGal-Thanks for the list. It looks like there are quite a few different ingredients in it from the Metabolite, and more Ma Huang and Guarana. How many are you supposed to take?

wwgal
05-23-2001, 11:00 AM
HI

TO start out with you take one pill twice aday( i am staying this dose) and you can take
as much as two twice a day. I feel better if i only take it one pill twice aday. I started taking this
because even with exericse and trying to eat right i still wasn;t losing so i am using it as
a boost. I have only been on it less than week so can;t really say how well it is working.

ShelleyM
05-26-2001, 09:30 AM
WWGal-
How are you doing? I have started taking my Metabolite, and it is starting to help me. I take 1 twice a day. It helps me to not overeat at night. I have been on Larry North's Slimdown for a long time, but started slipping, and this seems to help keep me on track.

wwgal
05-26-2001, 11:35 AM
Hi

I am glad to have someone to talk to. I use to be on metabolite ( if believe the ingredients are
about the same) but then i couldn;t find it anymore. What are the exact things in it.

I am doing pretty good. I am only taking one pill in morning and one in afternoon just to help
with the appetite. I am not losing as fast as others but that is ok because i feel better only
taking one pill. I am usually a very slow loser even if i exercise everyday and watch what i
eat so i am happy with my progress. I lost one pound this week but i checked my
measurements and i lost there too.

the label says you can take 2 pills on morning and 2 pills in afternoon but i don;t like how
that makes me full I think you just have to find the right amount for yourself.

so how are you doing?

ShelleyM
05-27-2001, 09:24 AM
WWGal-
The Metabolite is basically the same as all the Metabo---stuff. All the ingredients are the same but I think when I bought it, I paid less than the other brand. I have a hard time losing weight, too. When I was younger (40), I did weights practically everyday, and it helped keep my weight down. But now that I am older (48) I don't enjoy doing the weights like I used to. I jog and bike on the weekends, and try to get some type of cardio exercise in during the week.

I had a hard time yesterday. The pills worked, but I really wanted something sweet. I did not give in, though. I am PMSing right now, and if it weren't for them, I would be eating everything in sight!

Obviously from your name, you are on WW. Which program are you on? I have a lot of friends that are going to WW meetings, but I just can't afford to do it. I wish I could, because I think the meetings would help me. These ladies are teachers, and they eat lunch together everyday and have a great time at the meetings. My 1 friend has lost 25 lbs. in the last 2 or 3 months, and looks terrific! I only need to lose about 7-10 lbs, and am always having a problem with the same 10 lbs.!

Hope today goes well for you!

wwgal
05-27-2001, 12:14 PM
Hi

I have also noticed that the pills help with cravings like that.

well i use to be on ww but i had to stop going because i have around 30 lb to lose and i could
not afford to go anymore. I am thinking of changing my name here on the board because
i have gotten some not so nice letters from people saying if you are on ww by are you using
the pill for.

I have also noticed the older i get the harder it is to lose weight. When i was younger i just
had to increase my exercise cut back on some food and it was fine. I was always chuncky
but never as over weight as i am now.

well i have lost 3 lbs this week ( my first full week) so i am happy so far .

homecadle
05-27-2001, 09:51 PM
Hi--I have always been afraid to try the pills but I am over the age of 50, so the weight is so hard to take off--I'm hoping that the WW materials will help--I've tried other diets, but just can't stay with it due to the stupid cravings. Also, church dinners sure don't help either--Sunday always sets me up for a failing week of dieting!!

Has anyone had the racing heart thing with the pills?

Shirley in NW Fl
dec@cyou.com

suzy0164
05-27-2001, 10:32 PM
I haven't had the heart racing thing but i also don;t take the full dose. I feel better taking half the dose and i am still losing weight.

ShelleyM
05-28-2001, 08:50 AM
Shirley-I haven't had the heart racing thing, but I only take 1 pill twice a day. I will be 48 this week, and it hasn't effected anything yet that I know of, except that I've only started them consistently this past week. Yesterday, I only had 1--I'm trying not to get to depend on the pills only. I would love to try WW, but I can't afford the meetings.

WWGal-Good job on the 3 lbs. lost!

suzy0164
05-28-2001, 09:43 AM
Hi

Does anyone know if it matters if you take the first pill before or after you eat your breakfast.

lorelei1
05-28-2001, 09:20 PM
You all have me wondering if I should try this! I did metabolife before but I didn't have really any results
like you guys did like absense of hunger, etc.. I guess I was hoping for "the magic pill"!! I had been counting calories recently and lost 25 pounds. For the past month I haven't been watching my weight at all so I have maintained the 25 pound loss but I want to get back into it again!! I will stop by Target and see if they have it here where I live. I have heard Metabolife is also cheap at Target and the drugstores too (like 25 dollars when it used to be 45 here for a LONG time!!)

good luck to us all!!
Lorelei

wcolleen
05-29-2001, 10:02 AM
Shirley,

I've noticed that my heart beats a little faster when I've taken Xenadrine (not "racing" per se, but sometimes a noticeable difference). I've been taking Xenadrine in conjunction with WW, just to speed up my results a little bit. If I were you, I'd see what kind of results you get from WW alone until you think about trying it. I was losing between 1 and 2 pounds a week with WW initially, before I began taking Xenadrine, so you may find that you don't need it, or don't want to spend the extra money to purchase Xenadrine when you're doing pretty well with ww alone. Just a thought!

jenny 1
05-29-2001, 12:07 PM
Hey ladies!!

WWGal -- Sorry I have not posted in a while. I have been in training at work.

I seem to go off the pills on the weekend, but I think that it is a good break for me.

As of June 1, I will be on these for 1 month. I am seeing a difference, but am afraid to weigh myself, too chicken ;)

The only time I really see a difference in my heart rate is when I exercise. It seems like I stay in that aerobic state a little longer. I assume that is why they suggest taking them before exercise. I take them at the same time everyday. Yesterday morning I went to the gym before it closed and it was soon after taking the pills, it seemed like I was never going to get back to normal, so after I finished on the elliptical machine I sat and relaxed for about 5-10 mins before resuming activity.

WWGal -- How is your eating going?

Hi everyone else!! I am glad other people are posting whether or not taking "xenadrine"

ncmom
05-30-2001, 03:06 PM
HI everyone,

How is everyone doing with the xenedrine? I am doing pretty good. i am taking 2 pills aday
and i am still losing. I am not losing really fast but i am still losing. My eatting is going pretty
good. THese pills take the edge off my appetite so i not over eat.

jenny 1
06-05-2001, 09:26 AM
Hi everyone,

I was in training this past week. Sorry for the long absence. I cannot tell how I am doing to be honest. My pharmacy changed my BC pill (again) and this one has made me gain a TON of weight in the last 2 weeks. So I am on my last week of it then am switching back to my old pill and a new pharmacy. I think the weight is all water, because I am extremely jiggly, (gross). I should in the next couple weeks hopefully get back to normal or better.

I am still taking my Xenadrine.

8 weeks til VEGAS!!!

jenny 1
06-08-2001, 10:53 AM
Anyone out there ;)

I am still using Xenadrine. I am not seeing the rapid weight loss is claims to deliver, but I am experiencing smaller appetite and more energy. I guess the rest is up to me.

Please stop in and share your progress!

:spin:

wcolleen
06-08-2001, 11:22 AM
Hi ladies:

I'm still using Xenadrine as well, and am continuing to see an improvement over what I was losing before. I lost 2.8 pounds last week- woo! Is anyone else seeing results?

Jenny: What dosage are you using? Are you also following a healthier eating plan, or eating the same as you were prior to "dieting"? I'm not really sure how, exactly, Xenadrine has improved my weight loss results (part of it, I'm sure, is the fact that I can exercise a little harder, and longer, for that matter, after taking it). But I've seen an increase of about a pound loss each week over what I was losing prior to taking it. But it may not work for everyone..

jenny 1
06-12-2001, 09:45 AM
Wcolleen! I agree with you. I am not seeing the "rapid" weightloss it claims to promote. But I do have more energy and it helps me to eat less. I do go to the gym 3-5 days (depending on what is going on at home) a week. I am hoping that I will see a continued loss or a significant loss soon.

I normally take 2 pills twicw a day, except weekends. I am going to start taking them everyday though to see what that does for me.

Jenni :spin:

tjsjazzgrl
06-12-2001, 09:53 AM
I've been using it for two weeks. The first week, I took only 1/2 of the prescribed amount. One in the am and one in the pm. The second week (this week) I took the regular amount (2 twice a day).

At first I really liked it. I felt like I had very little appetite, and I also felt like I had an enormous amount of energy. But, my weight loss has not been significant - in fact, it's been pretty much the same: 1.2 lbs a week.

Now here's the bad thing: I can't fall asleep at night (I don't take the pills after 2 pm) AND, I feel like it's affecting my mood. I feel VERY jumpy and edgy, and I'm being *****y to people! (I'm usually a very easy-going person)

I'm torn because it COULD be PMS. I don't know if I should give it another week or two, or just stop it altogether. All I know is that my friends have commented that I am a little on edge.....and that's unlike me.

I'll keep you all posted!

wcolleen
06-12-2001, 10:16 AM
Jazz:

Do what works for you. If it's hurting you more than its helping you, then it's obviously not worth it. I don't have trouble sleeping anymore, and I no longer have that icky cotton-mouth feeling all of the darn time, but I know people who, after several months of taking it, are still experiencing those things. If you think your lack of additional weight loss might be due to PMS, etc., etc (heh), then maybe give Xenadrine another week, just to see. But then again, if its keeping you up all night, it might not be worth it!

Colleen

P.S. Jazz, you are on WW, right? (I get so confused when I try to remember on what board I've talked to people before!). I found a great plan (called the "wendie plan"), where you vary your points on a aday to day basis- it's supposed to be very helpful especially in breaking plateaus, etc., etc., by keeping your body guessing, thus working it a little harder. I am going to try it next week, and I'll be sure to let people know how it works out!

tjsjazzgrl
06-12-2001, 11:38 AM
Hey Colleen,

Yep- I'm on WW. I'd be interested in reading about that plan. Do you have a link for any information??

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Taunia :D

wcolleen
06-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Jazzgrl: I'm not sure if I'm posting this link right, but you can cut and paste it into your browser at any rate! It is from ************. This will take you to the post where the plan is explained. If you go to the main thread, there are other posts relating to the plan. Hope this is helpful!

Colleen

http://pub70.************/flightenup78347frm4.showMessage?topicID=14.topic

tjsjazzgrl
06-12-2001, 01:03 PM
Thanks, Colleen......I'll go check that out now! -T