WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 01:05 AM   #1  
Slowly, but surely

Question

I have a wonderful cold vegetable salad that is mixed with 1/2 C sugar, 1 C of vinegar, and 1/4 C of veg. oil. When the vegetables are all gone, there is quite a bit of this mixture left. How can I figure out how much of the oil and sugar are actually consumed? How do you do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yvonne
Old 05-11-2001, 08:46 AM   #2  
imaleader

Are you sure the recipe calls for a full half cup of sugar? That's an awful lot of sugar. What quantity of veggies does it call for? If there is so much left over, you might consider making the salad with only 1/2 the recipe. Also, how many people does this serve (all of those issues have an impact on how many points have been consumed as well as how many are "left over." The 1/4 cup of oil is 12 points; the vinegar is zero; and the sugar is 8 -- so you're starting out with a 20 point dressing. Hope this helps. What you might do is measure the total volume of the dressing after it is mixed and before you pour it on the salad (the sugar will go into solution w/ the vinegar, so you won't have quite what you started with (that is 1 cup plus 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup in this case does not equal 1 3/4 cups. SO, after you mix them, measure it. Pour it on. At the end (leftover time) pour the remainder into a measuring cup and see what you've got. Hope this helps.

Last edited by imaleader; 05-14-2001 at 08:33 AM.

Old 05-12-2001, 12:13 AM   #3  
Slowly, but surely

Default Thank you

This recipe actually contains about 6 l/2 cups of vegetables, so there are probably 13-26 servings, depending on size. 20 points of dressing divided by that many servings is certainly reasonable. Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to make this salad tomorrow and will finally be able to calculate accurately my points.

Yvonne
Closed Thread