Old 01-08-2005, 09:05 AM   #1  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Default Desperate Housewives #8 SATURDAY Hug your child :)

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello!

Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

Gretchen, wife to Matt, Mom to Sean (15) and Jeremy (11). Just starting out with no diet plan except reduced calorie. I'm also a Curves lady!
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:09 AM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Morning Ladies

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I have been thinking about Bayley in the hospital and how hard we all know it feels on Jill right now... Jilly, we are here for you!

I just want to say how fortunate we are to have our children in our lives Isn't that what motherhood is all about

Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #3  
a.k.a. Roxy

Good Morning!
You are absolutely right Penny! Even though I couldn't wait for school to start back up, I dearly love each one of my blessings, and that is what they truly are. I happen to have a houseful of blessings, a blessing house like flylady says! Nothing is more important and nothing else comes before them. Today is a good day to love 'em up! Great idea Penny!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:13 AM   #4  

You are so right Penny girl! Even though my kids are making my crazy this morning with screaming, I love them more than words can express. I have hugged them lots this morning!

I am bumbed ........no 199 yet. I can't believe it!........I can't possibly do any more than I am. MY GOD. I was almost in tears. But there are worse things in life then being fat. As we all know right now. oh well. onward. BBL, heading to the store for new glasses with the family.
melmcc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:28 AM   #5  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi Mel-
Don't be upset! And BTW you aren't "fat"! I have 43 lbs. to lose before I'm as "skinny" as you are!! You are becoming healthier, leaner, stronger and you have endurance I bet you never thought you had before. It will happen! IT WILL HAPPEN!
Hugs to you too!
~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:42 AM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Mel,
Girl your time is coming! I know how hard you are working and how upset you are

Like I say, sometimes the scale doesn't catch up with you ... and then you will get on and be 196

Keep up the great work and get off the scale You are doing it!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #7  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
Not a very busy morning on here, is it?
Mel-Don't get too discouraged. Those pounds will slide off soon. I'm waiting for ONEderland too. Sometimes I, more often than not, I get discouraged because no matter what I do I don't make any progress. Someone told me that maybe I was pushing to hard and that my body was fighting to save what it could. Like putting myself in a starvation mode. I don't know if that makes sense or not.

Penny-Good morning. Hope your day is going good! What's on the plan for you today? I get to clean some more. Lucky me. I have my 5 yr. old niece with us. She spent the night last night with Kayla.

Roxy-Hey there, girlfriend! My kids may drive me nuts more often than not, but I love them to death and can't even fathom what life would be like without them in it. I guess they complete me in some way. I can be having a perfectly rotten day and Nicole will come and squeeze me around the legs and run off giggling. That makes the day all right. Or Kayla who is little Miss "Don't touch me" will come out of the blue and say she loves me. Of course there is always the "naughtiness" to them all, but how boring life would be without all the excitement they bring.

I have to go check my other emails and then get to cleaning. Tiana is going to be home around 2 from my brother's house and then she takes off with her dad overnite. I'd like to have some semblence of order around here before everyone starts showing up.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!

Mel, don't get discouraged sweetie pie!! Your weight will just fall off, I'm sure you are replacing fat with muscle and thats why you haven't seen thescale move. Have you also tried switching up your calories? I remember when spryng hit her plateau she took hydroxycut and broke her plateau. Love ya girly!

Penny, I hope you have a great day girly. Thanks for reminding us why we are mothers.

Jill, still thinking about you, hope you come home soon.

Chris, have fun cleaning lol We got about 6 inches of snow last night and more coming soon I'm sure! How are you feeling? Have a great day!

Roxy, I hope you have a great day girly!!

Well girls I hopped on the scale this morning and I was at 211.5 today TOM is on the way out the door so I'm sure that's part of it and then I'm totally flushed my body of all the bad stuff that I had on my splurge week lol. Plus I started my new meds and they seem to be working great!! Well I better get off here and get ready for work, I'm working Noon to 8pm tonight. Have a great day girls!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #9  

Hey gals, I've considered taking those OTC drugs to help you to lose, but I'm affraid of side effects in the long run. I don't know. It's just upsetting. I'm mean really. I burned over 2000 calories in 2 days and NOTHING! THis is so dumb. I know I have gained muscle, but the amount of cardio I've been doing should be doing something too. I am so mad and upset. I will plug along though. I just really thought I'd be there today

Thanks everyone for you encouragment. It means alot too me. You are all wonderful friends. I know it'l come, but I hope it's sooner than later.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #10  

MICHELLE< Congrats to you. Wish I had those meds....well not really, but you know what I mean. Good for you girlie!
Old 01-08-2005, 02:43 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

Afternoon Ladies

I went to my bf's little girl's first basketball game! Cute cute cute

Michelle,
Don't work to hard today!

Melissa,
Talk to you doctor about recommending something to help you... Maybe... Like Michelle said... is your body just used to the same calories??? When is the last time you weighed 200? I know alot of times your body tries to hold on to what it has.. Good luck! I know you are doing awesome though.

Chris,
Have fun cleaning! I just read your post and we said the same thing to Melissa...lol It is true though!

Roxy,
Hope you are having a great day!

I'm gonna go join the rest of my crew outside.. Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

Michelle-We got some more snow. It was coming down pretty good for awhile. Then I fell asleep. I couldn't take it anymore. How's work?

Penny-I love watching little kids play basketball. On Tuesday we go to the first meeting for tiana to play this year. Last year it was so funny. She had the ball in a game and was so impressed that she was in front of everyone and dribbling to make her first basket. We were trying to tell her before she shot. It went right in...for the other team. That's my girl, ever the observant one. Now she's more careful about which basket is her teams...

Roxy-Ya disappeared again! Okay, where are you?

Melissa-YOu're being quiet today too.

~chris
Old 01-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #13  
Curves 6-week solution

S/C/G: 159/159/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies, Bayley is looking better, well not so much today but she was so active yesterday I think it wore her out. She got a tube in her lung to drain fluid yesterdat but the doc didn't get much out. keep your fingers crossed that she can come home tomorrow. The doctor was thinking that might be a possibility soooooooooooo that would be great. Only problem is it never snows where I live and if it does it's a big deal so guess how much we got in the valley where we live? 3-6 inches!! Doesn't sound like much to those of you who live in it all winter but that's tons to us and it's closed the pass that gets us from Portland to home so it's kind of a scary thing. Ok well I just wanted to update you all and let you know what was happening. Thank you all so much for all the prayers, I know God was listening to you all! Also Jeniqua what's wrong with DH? I just skimmed cuz I have a time limit on this thing. Hope all is well. Ok need to go but hope next time I post it will be from home. Love you ladies!
Bayleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/222/180

Hi everyone. Thanks, Penny for adding my bio today. I'm so glad to have a real online support group. Yesterday I signed my life away to Curves for the upcoming year. I go on Monday for my first instructional workout. It's been forever since I've been in any kind of gym environment... Well, the good news is that I actually weighed 234, not 250 as I thought. My body fat % was pretty high, though. I also found out yesterday that I have a sinus infection and am now on antibiotics, so I'm taking it easy this weekend. We just picked up our oldest son from a track meet 2 hours away while we took our youngest son grocery shopping today.

Jill, I don't know the story about your dear daugher, Bayley, but I am sorry to hear that she is hospitalized.

Yes, our kids are definitely a blessing. I am especially enjoying my teenager these days. It's amazing how quick they grow up.

I'm going to make sure I give my boys are big hug tonight!
breakingasweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #15  
Focus on the Process

Gretchen-Congrats on signing up with Curves. I would love to do a gym if I had the finances for it. Deana is a member of this thread and she does Curves and loves it.

Jill-I hope Bayley can come home tomorrow. That would be so awesome! I'm praying that she will.

OKay its not so busy on here. I better get back to DH and help with dinner.

~chris