Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday, January 7th

Good Mornin

Can't say I'll be back later, but I WILL read up tomorrow

Sigh

MISS YOU
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  

Hi Everybody

Not much to report. Off to grade one this morning to be the helper.....can't stay for now.......will check back later.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:05 AM   #3  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies

Well, I'm walking again! . Not much for now, just baby steps. I might have to have my cast re-done, since my foot is not at 90 degrees, and it makes walking a bit awkward.

Stephanie: I noticed you on the last thread. Welcome to 3 FC! This is a great place to be for help and support. Please keep coming back and sharing!

Liz & Leenie: Enjoy your busy days!

Have a great day everyone!!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

ok, I know ya'll are anxiously awaiting my report from lunch time yesterday - good news is - I did go walk on the walking track at the gym. Walked for 40 minutes which I counted as 2 miles. My brother came and met me bec he "wanted to talk" so I didn't walk as fast as I usually do, but still got in at least 2 miles. So that makes 8 for January. bad news is - I over slept this morning so didn't get it in, and I'm suppose to meet my brother for lunch for more "talk". guess today is my day off.

Cin - you were not critical at all about the long posts. I was saying that mine was REALLY long on Wednesday. I remember when I posted it and saw how long it was I thought to myself "dang that is long, who is gonna read all of that!" I know I wouldn't, it's just too busy, but then to edit it was gonna take more time - so I just left it. haha I sure hope you get your computer back soon! and yea, aren't boys a hoot! they sound like mine when they were little with their FBI playing. too cute! what ya doing today? it is raining here.

Tippy - yoooooooohooooooooo! where ya be? and what's shakin?

KO - I'm glad you were feeling peppy yesterday morning, looks like you needed it to get thru the day you ended up having. hope today is better. Let us know how the interview goes on MOnday.

Liz - hope you got some sleep after working all day! wow you are a busy little woman! don't you have a trip planned soon? you are certainly gonna need the break!

Schmoo - Welcome! and congrats on going to the gym 5 out of 7 days last month! wow! that is awesome! and you should be proud! I had just posted earlier in the week about exercise being even more effective then meds in dealing with depression and meds. I mean, sure lots of people need the meds, and that is fine, but with those meds they really need the exercise too, and some are able to keep their depression at bay simply with exercise! I know it sure helps me with everything!

Lanee - how did your dd assessment go yesterday? I'm also having my coffee this morning, fixin to grab another cup.

Joanne - how did it go at the docs yesterday? how does your leg feel with the cast off! I want a full report! hehe

April - let us know how your weigh in goes today! 4 days OP is great!

SueMarie - congrats on doing the 1 mile WATP yesterday! did you get to keep your date with Denise Austin for weights last night too? you go girl!

Setina - I am so sorry - I have been really swamped here at work. Maybe email me or pm when you get a minute. Sorry I forgot about getting back to you. and sorry that you had a rough couple of days and then your vehicle broke down too. I can totally relate. Will keep you in my prayers! I hope today is a much better day!

Stephanie - hey there girlie! what ya doing today?

ok - I have got to do payroll and try to get some W-2's and 1099's done today.

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 01-07-2005 at 10:13 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Joanne - you and I were posting at the same time! so glad you got the cast off and that you are walking again! I know it must be very slow at first but hey "baby steps" are great - and the beginning of even bigger steps! you go girl!
so glad it went well!
hope it works out where you don't have to be recast, but I know you will be up for doing whatever needs to be done for your leg!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 10:38 AM   #6  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies...
I was MIA yesterday. Had to do the work "thing". I shouldn't complain. I only work on Monday and Thursday.

Looks like everyone is doing good. Nice to see that. I'm going to be dealing with little sickies again. Nicole is stuffing up and I'll probably have to do nebulizer treatments on her soon enough again.

Joanne-Since I'm new on here...why were you in a cast?

Stephanie-Hi and welcome. Stick around...

Cin-I've been eating my flexpoints this week so far. We'll see what my WI on Monday brings. I'm hoping good news.

Hi Leenie, Eliz, Setina, Lanee, Cathy, and all you others. I better finish up on this and get to cleaning my house and exercising. It's snowing outside again today so not much else to do except get my house in order. I'll check back after awhile and see who else is awake....

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:01 PM   #7  
I CAN DO THIS

Unhappy

Hello again. I didn't post much yesterday or the last few days normally I have posts in a few different sections but my mood hasn't been to good and everytime I start typing I feel like crying when I start to think of my life right now. I need to go get a cup of I didn't get much sleep last night and finally got my son to school and my baby girl to take a nap. So I have some time to get some stuff done around the house. joy. I still don't know what to do with things here atm, but I am trying and I WILL figure it out. One day, hour, minute at a time. It's nice to come here and just read and post and listen and post and so on. I just still so confused and hurting. I've completely flacked on my diet and gained 3 lbs which I know I will loose I just need to start exercising again which I have absolutely no motivation for this week. Once Sunday hits and I go back to work things should get better.
basically how I feel right now. and that is my day so far. I will probably post again later.

Sorry that I am suck a downer today

Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:38 PM   #8  

TA DA! Entering is the Tipster!

Hey, did yu see that Big Rich's widow posted in the thread about him? Neat, huh!

Things are quiet here today! No workmen either in the house or working on the garage! R is gone for the day so I can get some cleaning done. I spent the morning cleaning my sewing room upstairs and also the stairway. It's amazing how remodeling in this old place can put dust through the whole house! My sewing room was the pits! I want to make a couple of flannel nightgowns soon and I want the room clean. I love big fluffy comfy nightgowns so I make my own.

Am still coughing like an ol' Buick. That's what R says I sound like. My throat is still sore too and I want to get some throat spray tomorrow. but, I have to be careful that it doesn't have anything in it that might goof up my heart. I've been sleeping in the living room so R can get some sleep and I seem to wake up with such a sore throat!

Well, gotta go.....take care and God bless!
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:58 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Today's contractor never showed so he got the cold business like phone call my mom has another term for it but i don't want to assault your virgin ears
Yesterday was good but stressful and i hit the fridge hard last night
I realized I need to graze lol one big meal does not satiate
Tippy Great Entrance! hows your throat can you make me a big flannell night shirt?
Stephanie i have days like that too No kids mind you but i know what its like to wonder how the heck you got where you are.
Chris how old is Nicole? Monday and Thursdays not bad!
JOanne!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOO soon you'll be doing toddler steps and you know what that means. . .in a little while you'll be running and no one will be able to catch you!
Just like a kid who escapes the house naked and runs down the street. . .only you'll have clothes on ahem
Cathy as always you rock!

Leenie I always picture your boss with a tan drill sargent shirt on and a hat cartoony with big forearms bending over you saying " ARE YOU ON THE INTERNET?" in some big GI Joe Seargent Slaughter voice.
I have PT Later and I get my rollator thingie tommorrow So i will be able to walk into my interview
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:23 PM   #10  
Focus on the Process

Okay, I'm back and still trying to clean. I have to do it in little bits, otherwise I go nuts.

Kierie-Nicole is 2 yrs. old. Everytime she gets a cold, she ends up with breathing problems. I think I am facing many years of her having asthma. My oldest, Tiana, 11 yrs., has asthma, but not too bad.

Tipster-I like flannel too.... My DH makes fun of me because I like to wear warm stuff to bed. I just told him...hey, I'll never freeze.

Stephanie-Are ya feeling more smiley now? I cry sometimes about my life. Not rosy and not perfect. I've been down more than I have been lately. Maybe its the weather or something. Somedays it's just so overwhelming to be...well, just to be. Take heart. You're not alone. We're all are here for you if you want to cry, scream, yell, or vent. You can PM me any time you want...if you want. I'm not good with advice or anything but I can listen really good.

Okay...screaming youngster heading my way. Wonder what's the problem. Best check her out. She needs a bath....says her nosie hurts. Maybe a nice warm soak will help her feel better.

~chris
Old 01-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

hello ladies

How is everyone doing? I am doing great!!I have been in such a good mood even though TOM is here.I have been eating well or at least within my point range.Tomorrow I go to see BIL and do our present exchange.I hope the weather is good or at least we are able to drive in it.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 06:35 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Okie so I cheated! I weighed in this morning because I was curious as to what was going on hehehe… 2lbs gone… goodness I hope it stays off. This roller coaster ride is starting to get old!

Joanne – YAY! Give your leg some fresh air…if you have to put your cast back on do you know for how long? Oooh also, I figured out where I goofed on the job interview thingy… it was Kierie, I mixed you two up …hehehe sorry about that.

Cathy – good for you getting you walk in either way! I think my miles for this month are only 3 miles… at least you are getting it in. I need to keep track of how many miles I do each month as well…gives a good goal for the next month to add a few extra miles on…raise the bar! Hehehe I also kept my date with Denise hehehe.. Tonight I take a break from exercising and get some fun exercising in… I bowl league tonight. From what I read in my bowling magazine that comes with my membership with a sanctioned league, 2 hours of bowling burns 240 calories or something to that affect. I’ll have to look it up. I bowl about hmmm with 5 people on this team we go from 6:30 to about 9:30 WHOO! Hehehe but its still exercise and fun to.

Chris – nebulizer? Has asthma? I have to go in for weekly treatments at the college. I remember one day they stuck me on two treatments… one with the regular stuff (if that makes sense) and another one that was steroid based. This is what sucks. I was hospitalized the majority of my childhood with either asthma or pneumonia. I was constantly on steroids for my lungs and I think this is what made me gain most of my weight, course as I got older, most of it was just plain old bad eating habits. But to be back on steroids again… I not too happy about it. I hope Nicole feels better soon.

Tippy – Hello! I know what you mean about the dust, my parents are doing their house as well… but soon! Soon you will have an even more beautiful house. How much more do you have to go with the remodeling?

Kierie - AH HAH! I did get my people mixed up with the Job interview. I thought it was Joanne that had the Job Interview. I’m sorry about the mix up… let me know how it goes

I still waiting for the rain to end I can’t stay to long, but I wanted to catch up with everyone…I need to get ready for league tonight, so I will catch everyone later!

Huggerz to all…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #13  

Hi everyone

Schmoo...the natural antidepressants that I am on are 5-HTP & SAM-e.....am doing a whle lot better on those than on the regular antidepressants.

It is getting late......I weighed in today.....am up 3 lbs. since Dec. 21.....but have been back OP for 5 days now.....just dropping in to say hello.

April

Last edited by april99; 01-07-2005 at 08:38 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 12:34 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

SueMarie...
We've had the kids on the steroid inhalers and regular inhalers. The nebulizer is just a different way of giving them the abuterol. They inhale it as a mist for 20 min. or so instead of doing puffs on the inhalers. It gets more into their lungs and works better. I've done the steriods for my arthritis...I know that stuff makes you gain a ton of weight. I am sooo glad to be off of them.
WTG on losing 2 pounds. That is soooo awesome. You should be proud, girl!

Hi April...Good job with staying OP. That 3 lbs. will find its way back off of you in no time.

Cathy-Hey girl! Question for you...Does it work better for you to measure you're workouts by miles or by how long you work out? I go by how many minutes I do but have heard alot of people talking about how many miles they walk.

Lynnie-Darn the TOM!!! I've been doing great despite that little problem-o too. Good job on staying in your points range. Have fun with your gift exchange tomorrow.

Okay...I better get off of here and help Kayla make her bed. It's really late and we just got home with my niece in tow to spend the night. I need to make sure they have someplace to sleep.

~chris