Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 AM   #1  
it's always something

Default Ab Lounge Recalls

I'm not sure how we missed announcing this one, but Ab Lounges were recalled in November, due to fingers getting pinched (or worse!) in the hinges.

Quote:
Fitness Quest Recalls 460,000 Ab Lounge Machines

POSTED: 11:17 am EST November 23, 2004
UPDATED: 11:27 am EST November 23, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Fitness Quest Inc. is recalling for repair about 460,000 Ab Lounge exercise machines after more than a dozen consumers injured their fingers in the machine's hinges.

The Canton, Ohio-based company says when the machines are opened or folded up, consumers can catch their fingers in the hinges. Fitness Quest has received 15 reports of injuries, including lacerations, crushing and amputations to finger tips.

CPSC
Fitness Quest Recalls 460,000 Ab Lounge Machines

The recall includes the Ab Lounge, Ab Lounge 2, and Ab Lounge Ultimate exercisers.

The machines have the name "Ab Lounge" or "Ab Lounge 2" printed on the upper front fabric of the seat. The recall involves machines with the following serial numbers:

* Ab Lounge machines: ALX-000001 through ALX-037999, and all machines that start with serial numbers 03 44 through 04 36.
* Ab Lounge 2 machines: AL2X-000001 through AL2X-059060, and all machines that start with serial numbers 04 03 through 04 36.
* Ab Lounge Ultimate machines: all machines that start with serial numbers 04 28 through 04 34.

The serial number is located on a label on the bottom of the front frame. Ab Lounge exercise products with straight brackets that do not fold are not part of this recall.

Infomercial, Internet, catalog, and discount department and sporting goods stores, including Wal-Mart and Dicks Sporting Goods have sold the recalled machines since October 2003 for between $100 and $210.

Consumers should stop using these exercisers and contact the firm for a free repair kit.

The firm is contacting all consumers who purchased the Ab Lounge directly from Fitness Quest via infomercial or Web site.

Due to the large number of repair kits required to meet demand, these consumers may experience a delay of a few weeks before they receive their kits.

Any consumer who owns an Ab Lounge purchased at a retail store should stop using the equipment and contact Fitness Quest immediately to receive the repair kit.

Consumers can call Fitness Quest at (800) 321-9236 or visit the company's Web site for more recall information.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I've seen those commercials and thought that getting 'pinched' (OWIE!) might be a possibility...

Having the painful experience of getting my finger pinched in a door hinge when I was a kid...NOT fun.

Good thing they're doing something about it (although I'll bet that some of those 'reported injuries' have already turned into pending lawsuits).
Old 03-04-2005, 07:07 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

Bumping this up for Jessica to look at
Old 03-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #4  

Luckily I got the AbLoungerII
Old 03-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pheww
Closed Thread