Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 01:38 PM   #1  

Talking

I just noticed after my last post that we were on page two so here's a new thread before the other one gets too long! Great job everybody!
Old 05-11-2001, 01:38 AM   #2  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

It's great to be back - DH and I went out of town for a few days. I got back in time to go to my WW meeting. I lost .8! Not too bad for being out of town, I'll take it - LOL!

How are things going over here? I'll have to check on the last thread to catch up.

Take Care.... Lighter ~~ Nona
Old 05-11-2001, 09:57 AM   #3  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys

As usual other things came up and I didn't get my walk in!
My car had to be serviced, so all the running around sorting that, plus packing biscuits with Marc at lunchtime all took up whatever spare time I might have wangled.
However, I did walk to and from the garage, which is about 5 minutes each way, so at least I did something!
Tomorrow's Sat though, so I'll be able to leave the boys to it and go for a walk then. Hopefully it's not raining...

I try and convince myself to get on that treadmill when I miss my walks, but it's a manual and REALLY hard!

Well, have to do a BIIIIGGG walk tomorrow!

Night
Lynne
Old 05-11-2001, 05:19 PM   #4  

Hi Everyone!

Well I'm in a bad mood right now and it's about work but I won't go into it here. I will definitely have to do a workout tonight to burn off some of this stress.

Lynne-I know the feeling! Last night I had such good intentions but I just couldn't manage to bring myself to exercise. I will definitely have to do it tonight along with a million other things but it must be done! I know we can do it!

Nona-Glad to see you back and congrats on the loss! Way to go. I would have gained weight for sure on vacation. You did great. Keep up the great work.

Judy-How are you? I hope all is well.

Debbie-How is the walking going? Check in when you can!

I know I've missed some of you and I'm sorry but I have to get back to this "wonderful" job. Talk to you all later.
Old 05-13-2001, 09:48 PM   #5  
Beauty is within...

Hi guys!

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! to all the mums out there!

Sorry I’ve been awol - usual problem with the weekend! Plus with birthdays and mother’s day, it’s been a bit hectic!

I’m very excited - I went for a bike ride with Marc on Saturday! My butt is killing me, but it was great! I haven’t ridden that thing for quite some time.. over a year to be precise! But the sun was out and we were kid-free, so we went to the shops and generally rode around for about 20 minutes! It was terrible tho’, cos I was quite proud of my fitness until I did that!

Ras, sorry to hear work's being difficult - wouldn't you love to be able to send it to a corner for time out? hee hee

Hi to Nona - congrats on the loss!

Hi to all else!

Anyway, I’ll have to keep this short, but will catch up on all the goss later.

Cheers!
Lynne
Old 05-14-2001, 09:50 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone...

I am still around. Still keeping up with the walking. I walked 11 miles on Saturday. I couldn't believe it. We went out shopping & were out 7 hrs. When we got home I vacuumed the house & moved all the furniture around. I think I was possessed. I couldn't believe I did so much. Yesterday I got in 5 miles. I am feeling tired today. I think it's all catching up with me. I didn't do my tapes the last 2 days. I think all the walking I did made up for them I did order another Leslie Sansone tape, Weight Loss Walk. This one is a 4 mile walk. I like to alternate the tapes. Now I have 3 to mix around. Oh, I lost 0.5 lbs on Thursday. I was very happy with that. That's 2 straight weeks with a loss. It's been a long time

Glad to see everyone is keeping up with the exercise.

Rose-- sorry to hear you are so stressed at work. I'm sure the workout will let out some of that pent up stress. Go for it!!

Nona-- Congrats on your weight loss!!

Lynne-- Great job on the bike ride

Everyone else, hope you are all doing ok. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day...

Talk to you later...
Old 05-14-2001, 08:10 PM   #7  
Beauty is within...

Good morning all!

I got my walk in yesterday = I had to walk from work to my parent's house, where my car was. It took me about 20 minutes very fast walking, with Marc trailing behind me on a bike! hee hee

Will be finishing work early today, so will go for a long one then! Tomorrow, swimming!!!

Deb2593, sounds like you're doing really well - 7 hours walking! No wonder you're tired! And great news on the loss.

Catcha all later
Lynne
Old 05-15-2001, 04:57 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. It's been so busy at work. I hope things calm down soon.

Lynne-It was great to hear from you! Thanks for understanding about the job. I would love to send it into a time out but that's not going to happen so I'll just hang in there and feel better with support from all of you It sounds like you got a great walk in! Keep up the great job walking.

Debbie-Thanks for making me feel better. I'm a little better this week. I'm just tired from all this stress and emotional stuff. You are doing so great with the walking. WOW! I should be getting my pedometer soon. I can't wait to get it. Maybe it will give me some incentive to get up and get moving more!

Nona-How are you doing? I hope all is well

Everyone else, where did you all go? Check in when you can and keep moving!
Old 05-15-2001, 08:55 PM   #9  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

I'm giving myself a huge pat on the back today.
Yesterday I was supposed to go for a nice long walk, and it POURED with rain!
Sooooo, I dragged out the treadmill and hopped on it for 15 minutes, and then jogged and ran around the house for another 10 minutes! Then I did my stretches and situps!!! I feel so much better for it! And I found the treadmill was a little easier than last time, so obviously my walking has paid off!

I've got my WW meeting tonight, and then I'm going swimming! Can't wait!

Ras, I love your posts - they are so happy! hee hee

Have a great day!
Lynne
Old 05-16-2001, 06:50 PM   #10  

Hi everyone!

Lynne-You are such a sweetie for saying that! It made me feel so much better. It sounds like you are doing fantastic with your walking! WOW! You really do motivate me to do more and keep going because I need to start exercising more consistently. Keep up the great job.

This thread is pretty quiet today. Where is everyone? Are you all busy exercising?

I am proud to say that I did get in a 20 minute workout on my Orbitrek last night and it did feel good. I sure didn't want to but once I started I just kept going. So hopefully I'll be able to do some more tonight. Have a great evening everyone and post when you can!
Old 05-16-2001, 08:43 PM   #11  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Rose it's nice to know I can motivate someone else, because sometimes it's hard to even motivate myself!
Missed my swimming last night, but that's okay, will do it another night. It's pissing down with rain at the moment so I won't be able to get my walk in, but I'll hop on the treadmill again tonight and basically do the same as the other night. Or get my aerobics tape out, as I've been saying I'll do so for about the last week!

Good on ya for getting on your Orbitrek - I'll think of you tonight!

Have a great day everyone!

Lynne
Old 05-17-2001, 10:44 AM   #12  

Hi Everyone!

Lynne-You make me laugh you have such energy in your posts! I bet if we walked together I'd have a hard time keeping up with you! It's great to come on here and get such motivation from all of you. I'm glad you are still posting with me because sometimes it does get pretty quiet on here. What kind of videos do you use? I have a few that I do by Crunch video when I want a change from my usual. I think it helps me from getting bored. In fact tonight I think I'll do my Crunch Turbo Sculpt tape instead of my Orbitrek. Plus I'll get some toning and ab work in there too. Thanks for giving me that idea!

Okay where is everyone else? It's getting kind of quiet on here. Me and Lynne need to hear from you all so please check in!

Now on the other hand I only did about 15 minutes on my Orbitrek due to some interruptions but I hope to work in my 30 minute crunch tape tonight! Wish me luck

Last edited by ras8779; 05-17-2001 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2001, 08:05 PM   #13  
Beauty is within...

Hi all!

Rose, I feel so guilty when I read your post and how well you're doing, because the last 2 days have been totally inactive. I was going to get on the treadmill last night but got side tracked by preparing for a garage sale that we're having tomorrow.

But I've got a major plan to do heaps of walking and riding on the weekend, and we've got Monday off for Adelaide Cup Day (horseracing) so I'll have lots of time to catch up!

I've got some old Jenny Craig videos that I've used maybe twice! but I'll have to see if I can get Marc to join in and do it with me! I'm glad I motivate you because you do the same for me!

I must get going, so I'll hopefully catch up with you in the next couple of days, if not, see you on Monday!

PS I will be going 10pin bowling, swimming and have a spa with Marc tonight, so that should be great!

Lynne
Old 05-17-2001, 09:14 PM   #14  

Hi!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I have been bouncing off the walls with the kids lately, my MIL is still here & I have been keeping busy with a cross stitch kit I got I am still trying to keep up with my exercising. Last week I have to be honest, I didn't exercise much at all. Yesterday I did my new tape, Weight Loss Walk, which is 4miles long. I was able to finish the entire 60min but I did get winded a few times. It felt good. Today I skipped the tapes because I am sitting here with a headache. Rose & Lynne you are both doing great!! I just wanted to let you all know I am still here just a little busy. Oh! Today was weigh in & I maintained. I am ok with that because it's TOM so I really can't complain. It's way better than a gain, anyday

Hope you all have a great night....

TTYL!
Old 05-18-2001, 06:11 PM   #15  

Hello Everyone!

Lynne-Don't feel guilty. I didn't do any exercise last night at all! I had to make two apple pies and do three loads of laundry (which means about 10 trips up and down stairs) and after that I had no energy. I kept saying "just start to do the crunch tape and if you get too tired stop" but I didn't listen to myself and stayed a couch potato! But there is always tonight right? Except I have to take my son to the tailors after his track meet to get his suit tailored for the prom and do 2 more loads of laundry. I hope I can squeeze thirty minutes in there somewhere!

Debbie-Good job with the 60 minute walk! I would be doing allot less exercise then that and would use my MIL visit as an excuse! See how I am! Thanks for checking in with us. It's always nice to hear from you. I know how hard it gets to post sometimes. Keep up the great workouts!

Okay as you already know I didn't do a darn thing last night in the form of exercise! I hope I have better luck tonight and the rest of the weekend.

Everyone who is missing please post when you can! It gets lonely on here.
Closed Thread