Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #93

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #93

gma22
01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
01-06-2005, 09:18 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and make time for you today!

Julie :bravo:
Faye :dancer:
Carri :cp:

Julie, you may want to cut and paste your post from this morning on the new thread.

SandyG: Umm, I know it is hard to turn someone down when they need help, but there MUST be boundries, time limits, etc or believe me, he won't leave. I think though he is already there, you HAVE to sit down with him and explain what your boundries are, how long he can stay, what is expected of him with regards to groceries, rent etc (btw, he HAS to help with some of this in some way not just mooch). It will keep from having a hard time of getting him out when things turn sour and they just might.

I am coming along, over the caffeine headache now and most of the gunk is out of my system. I just have to start controlling the overeating and keep my calories in control, which is the real issue. I didn't eat a lot yesterday but had a lot of fattier foods.

Everyone have a spectacular day. Going to get my chores done then out for the walk.

Faye :)

Satine
01-06-2005, 12:20 PM
Morning All

I had another 3 pointer yesterday...the headaches have been better than they were at first but still are there off and on so I am still taking pain medicine and looking towards the future...I know last time I started this I had hunger and caffiene headaches off and on for like two weeks...it doesn't help that the weather is so back and forth ( 50 degrees, 25 degrees, 60 degrees
etc ) here, may be partly sinus...

Sandy - Thanks for the kind words...hope everything goes ok with Richard...keep in mind that it is temporary, I know I would probably do the same thing and let him stay for a while...it will be okay :)

Julie - Looking forward to seeing your weight loss tomorrow, I do not think I am going to weigh myself until I have been on plan for two weeks...that way I will not be so shocked...or depressed...

Faye - Glad to hear you are feeling better...the food thing is so hard to get ahold of...I have done it now for 4 days, but I am hungry and headachey...so I know it is not easy, but you will get it. :)

Amanda and Amanda 456 - Hope you both are doing well, and "hello"...

Later Girls ...

gma22
01-07-2005, 07:20 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Let's see some losses, girls!

I will check back in a little later

Mirabelly
01-07-2005, 08:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Drum roll please....................... 3 pounds lost! Down to 211. A bit of a disappointment, cuz all week I've been around 210. But I am pmsing, so likely it's just water. Still, that's more loss than I've had in months.......so WOO HOOO! Only 2 pounds away from my January goal.

Also a 4 point day yesterday. Can't wait to see everyone else's losses!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
01-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Morning All ...

I had a 3 pointer yesterday and am so proud of myself for being OP all week!!!!!!!!!!! :) Now if I can just get through the first weekend :lol:
Like I said yesterday I am not weighing myself until next week so I do not know what I weigh, I just know it cannot be good, ha ha

Julie - Great job on the 3 pounds!! That is awesome for you!!!

Faye - Any weight loss this week?

I went and got some more things from the store last night and stocked up on protein, I have been hungry all of the time and I am mostly eating carbs, so I am going to start making my snacks protein ( peanut butter, cottage cheese, lunch meat, etc ).

Sandy, Amanda, Amanda 456 - Hope you all ( and Julie and Faye ) have a great OP weekend...

Talk to you all later!!

desertseatingoceans
01-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi ladies!
Im Nikki, I was wondering if I could join your group? I weigh 190 and i want to get down to 130 or so. I love you out look on this and would love to be a part of it.

gma22
01-07-2005, 01:19 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

LBS DOWN THIS WEEK:

Julie :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Nikki :goodscale :goodscale :goodscale
Amanda :goodscale :goodscale

I am still over what my scale can weigh so I have to wait until I get below it and then calculate my losses. I have had one "medical" thing after another and now I have another one that is going to prevent me from exercising for at least a couple days. I cannot lift anything either and you know me and my clean gene so that is going to be tough. I am a-ok so don't worry about me, just a little result from some of the other problems I was having, nothing to worry about. I am really working at eradicating bad things (I have stopped the sweets and soft drinks) and am doing well with water and exercise.

Nikki: You are more than welcome here. We always love newcomers, though most of them wander in and never come back. We hope you are here to stay. I am asking that newbies post for at least a month before I put them on my weight loss tracker for the year at the bottom of my post ( the group one) As far as everything else, points each day, topic participation, one month, 6 month and a yearly goal, Friday lbs down, etc we welcome your input. I only ask for a month's participation because if I add you in on the tracker than you decide you don't like it here or it is not right for you, it messes up our totals for the year. I am the thread administrator and I know that can put some people off and others like not having to worry about starting new threads etc. Anything you need to know or want to ask feel free. I am in and out a lot checking on the progress of the thread and the posts and you can pm me at anytime with ?'s, comments etc you don't want to post. Hope you make this your home and we can help get you where you want to be! Be sure and read the first post of the thread. It contains all the info on what we are doing here! Also, tell us a little about yourself!

Girls, I was looking at my bios on each of you and they are really old, so if you can either e-mail me or pm a new set of bios, I will compile them again. No rush, just when you think of it

Everyone have a good day. It is cold and rainy and miserable here today! ICK!

desertseatingoceans
01-07-2005, 03:27 PM
Sounds good!
Here's a little about me: I'm 18 years old. I'm a freshman in college majoring in mental health and psychology. The way the mind works and all the theories and studies fascinate me...I could read about them for hours. My biggest passion is recreational surfing. People don't think I can do it because I'm overweight and a girl, this makes me work harder because I am extremely competitive and always have to prove people wrong when they make assumptions about my abilities. I work at an amusement park (when it isn't closed for the season) and it's the best job ever, I love it. Where else can you come into contact with thousands of people a day in a generally happy and exciting environment? Plus it makes me lose weight because the place is like 60 acres big and I live in Texas, so I just walk around in 100 degree weather all day sweating my butt off. I lost about 35lbs last season. And as long as we're talking about losses since today is Friday, I'm down 3lbs this week. Started at 192.5 and ended at 189.5. Well, that's about it for me! If you want to know anything else just ask!
Yall keep up the good work!
Nikki

Amanda Panda
01-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Hi all,

I got 4 points yesterday and I'm down 2lb!!! YAY!! It just goes to show that even though my cals were over 2000 for most of the week, I'd still cut back ALOT!!(and started exercising regularly). I'm really pleased to have lost 2lb as I've still got PMS and have alot of water retention.

FAYE - Hope your back up and exercising soon.

CARRI - The first week is the hardest - well done for sticking with it, especially when you are feeling rotten.

SANDY - Thanks for your kind words. :) Hope it all goes okay with Richard - I have a silly point, which I am sure you have addressed already - make sure Corey doesn't think that you are getting back together!!I know alot of kids who would be over the moon if their dad moved back home - who are they to know the reasons behind it. Other than that - try to set a time limit as I know what men are like and they get their feet well under the table - especially if you start cooking and cleaning for him!! ;)

JULIE - Woo-hoooo on your 3lb down!!! That is really good and your weight is shifting again which is great!

NIKKI - Hi there, you are very welcome here! Hope you can stick around and get to know us all. Your course sounds interesting - I studied Applied Social studies and social work at University and I too found the psychology courses most interesting. Well done on your 3lb loss - you are well on your way!!

Have a great weekend ladies!

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
01-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi ladies,
I know I don't usually post this late, but I just had an interesting evening. I took the kids to McDonald's for dinner, cuz we were out late and we hadn't been there in MONThs. I'm pmsing bad and everything looked so good! I could have eaten three big macs and a couple pounds of fries, I was so hungry. But I forced myself to have a chicken salad and water. Which is still way too many calories for one meal, but it's about as good as you can get there. I also permitted myself a small fry and a bite of my daughter's hamburger.

Well, I was still hungry,still craving junk. I reaalllly wanted an apple pie or two. THen I thought about the fact that I was going shopping afterwards and told myself if I could get out of there without eating anything, I could get a Real treat. For me, that means splurging on Breyer's mint chip ice cream. THey have actually shrunk the size of the box and raised the price to over $4.20! But I just love the stuff.

So, long story short....I got home with out going crazy in the grocery store. Got out the smallest bowl I have, and sat down to REALLY ENJOY a couple scoops of ice cream. Now, I know it put me off my points today....but I'm so proud of myself for not caving in at McDs and for Choosing my treat consciously and allowing myself to eat it without feeling guilty. I ate way fewer calories this way, and it was what I really wanted. Plus, the kids and I had a great little impromptu sundae party at home.

Oh, and I also went for a long walk in the snowy woods today, so I don't feel like I did too much damage. Just thought I'd share, cuz I'm feeling pretty good about myself. And also to let you all know that I thought about you all while I was sitting there smelling all that grease and salt. It was you gals that kept me sane! So Thanks!

Oh, welcome NIkki....You'll really like it here, if you can stick around. We're a great bunch a gals! And congrats on your loss this week :cp:

Okay, gotta go get the little ones in bed.
TTFN,
Julie

Mirabelly
01-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Hey, Faye! Move that group ticker!!! It looks so pathetic sitting at zero!
Julie

gma22
01-08-2005, 10:13 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny story about your kids, hubby, whatever do you have to share with us today to make us smile?

Morning gals. Hope you are having a good weekend though most of you are still snoozing I bet! I am sleeping so very badly that I don't think I ever get rested anymore. This too shall pass. I am going out in just a little while and get my walk in. It has stopped raining though it is misty and a little chilly we are going to be warming up again.

Ok, you losers, don't slide backwards on my now since I moved the tracker! :lol: I was going to do it the first of every month, but I think Julie is right, we at least need a good incentive so I put in this weeks lbs.

Everybody have a good day!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
01-08-2005, 10:45 AM
Morning Ladies!
Thanks for moving that ticker, Faye, it looks much happier now!

Okay, this thought isn't exactly sunny......but it'll make you laugh. I'm laughing this morning, though I wasn't last night.

DH went to Connecticut with "the boys" for the weekend, right? So, one of his friends offers to drive and picks him up at work. Now, work is a 45 minute drive from our house, on a dry spring day...it snowed 2 days ago and the roads are still ify. Remember this, it's going to be important. My youngest daughter is spending the night at a friend's house. I had a pleasant evening with the kids, which I already told you about. Spend some quality bonding time with my eldest daughter and went to bed around 10.

So at 12:02 AM the phone rings and I about have a heart attack! I never knew how FREAKIN" LOUD the phone in our bedroom is. My heart pounding and my head still half-dreaming, I answered more or less coherently and all I hear is "THis is blah blah blah POLICE DEPARTMENT". Oh CRAP! What's happened to my daughter???? Then they go through this whole "Is James or Julie Eason home?"

"Uh, yes. This is Julie"
"Do either of you own a 1998 white subaru legacy wagon license plate....blah blah blah"
"Uh, yes."
"And just who would be driving that vehicle now, Ms. Eason?"
"Uh, no one. It's in a parking lot in Gardiner"
'Uh-huh. Well, according to City Ordinance number blah blah, you have 20 minutes to remove the vehicle or it will be towed."
"Huh?"
"According to City Ordinance......." He repeats this ordinance line like four times! Apparently, James left the car in his work parking lot and they had to plow it over night.

"Um, dude, I'm in CHINA.....and I have three kids asleep....cuz, it's like MIDNIGHT!....and even if I was already half way there, there's NO FREAKIN"
WAY I could be there in 20 minutes!"

"Well, according to CIty Ordinance......"

SO, I basically told them to just tow the damn thing cuz there was absolutely NOTHING I could do at midnight, by myself, 45 minutes away from the thing. He was baffled that I would just tell him to tow it. The kicker was, I asked him for the phone number of the towing company and how much the impound fee would be and he said:
"Oh, we have no idea which company it will be yet. And we have no control over what they charge for towing." Is that a load of crap or WHAT??? So, James is gonna come home to no car, and what ever fee the towing company wants!

After I hung up, I was so hyped on adrenaline that it took me an hour to get back to sleep. GRRRRRRRRR............I'm still pissed! This happened once before to us when my car broke down on the highway in NC. They called my MOTHER in TEXAS to tell me to move it. I wasn't home, because my car had broken down, and was staying at a friend's house. She finally tracked me down there at 3am and told me, get this, "sweetie, you have to move your car now because Dan Quayle is driving down that road tomorrow." :lol3:

So we spent HOURS trying to figure out a way to get my car moved when my friend finally just pulled out his credit card and paid for a tow. SHEESH! Do we live in a F***Ked up world or what???? At least I don't have to worry about a wall of water wiping me off the planet! Gotta keep it all in perspective, you know :lol:

Well, hope that made you gals laugh. Honestly, it's all so stupid I just have to laugh cuz what else am I gonna do?? Can't wait till James calls tonight and I can tell him the news! Actually, this is usually the kind of thing that would happen to ME, so I'm just tickled that for once it's NOT ME :devil:

Okay, gotta go clean now. I've got 25 dancers coming over today to watch videos and party.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
01-08-2005, 11:01 AM
Morning chickies.

First of all welcome Nikki! This is such a wonderful supportive forum. Just like home only better. Nobody here to undermind you here.

About the living arragements........Corey has been told that Richard is here temp, also have talked with Richard at great length about this stay. He does know that he is welcome til he gets him money in which will be about mid Feb. I have also told him that he is to take care of half of the utilities. This and his share of the groceries will be fine with me. There have been restrictions on the phone i.e. no long distance calls and the internet useage as well. I only have so many hours and he knows that any overage is his responsibilty to pay. As for cooking and cleaning I have told him that he is on his own. So far he has accepted all of this. Julie, as for the "space" issue I have been reading more than usual that way I can go into my bedroom and get away from everything. Also I guess that it helps that I at work over 50 hrs a week now and then there is my second job.

Faye, I am with you there on working of getting rid of things slowly. No matter how hard it is we all have to remember why we are doing this. Each and everyone of us has our own reasons. I am a firm believer that if this isn't for you then this weight journey will not work.

Julie, I am happy to see that you made a way to have what you wanted and not get that guilt. THat is my biggest problem.

Amanda, 4 pointers and lbs down. You go GIRL!

Carri, things will slowly get there hand tuff.

No 4 pointers but I am getting there. The workouts are comming along but I am taking a break til my jaw heals. Was suppose to have a tooth filled but unfortantly it had to be removed and there has been so much swelling and discomfort, ok down right pain, that I have decided to take it easy til Monday. The good thing got on the scale and YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful feeling.

Hugs
sandy

gigglez
01-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Julie we were posting at the same time. I think that eventhough dh will be pissed I can see the humor in it.

gigglez
01-08-2005, 11:28 AM
GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Have been trying to get that weight thing at the bottom to work and somehow I don't think that it is.

desertseatingoceans
01-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Good morning ladies!
How are yall doing today? I am exhausted. I didn't go to sleep until like 5am this morning and got waken up at 930 by my dad and some phone guy banging on my door to find something or another in my closet. I wasnt really listening. I did horrible on the everything yesterday...ate horribly, drank hardly any water, and didnt excersice. Today is a new day, so I've got to try that much harder to move on and make sure it doesnt happen like that again.
I have a story...it was hilarious at the time...but I don't know what kind of laugh factor it will have in my retelling it. Here goes: My best friend Hannah and I were going through the McDonalds drive thru to pick up some eats, but it was around dinner time so it was kinda busy. We finally get up to the box where you order and after we were done ordering and got the total and everything we couldnt go forward because of the line so we were just sitting there talking and laughing crazy hard about something this one boy did. All the sudden the guy that was doing the drive through orders just started talking to us through the box! All i heard him say was "What was that?!" like he heard our conversation. And so Hannah and I start cracking up. When we get up to the window the kid was like "your total is $1.93" and Hannah just looked at him and said, "What was that?" He was just like, "I heard yall laughin...." and and just smiled knowingly at us and handed us the food. We were laughing hysterically for like 20 minutes about that one.
Sandy- Congrats on being 3 down!! Keep it up!
Julie-Should be a pleasant suprise for your hubby when he calls home! lol!
Amanda-Good for only eating a bit of icecream to satisfy you! I am such an impulse eater I probably would have taken out half the box!
Faye-Thanks for moving the counter....even though Im not part of it yet, it is still encouraging to see progress!
Thanks all for your kind words and welcomes! It means so much to me! Well I am off for now, gotta get ready to go shopping! Yall have a fantastic day!
Nikki

gma22
01-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Boy, we are talkative this weekend. Usually I come in here and no one has posted.

Julie: Man, that was funny, but it would have royally P.... me off to know I was going to have to get the car out of the tow lot. Ummm, is it posted in his parking lot that they tow, because you may be able to fight it if it isn't and if it is, hubby better just keep his mouth shut and pay! :lol:

Nikki: That was nice, but it is too bad it was fast food, huh? Man, when I think of all the things my dh says to me about the people taking orders, I shutter to think about what they might have heard. He is NOT patient about waiting to have his order taken so he pops off a lot. But to his credit, we have the absolute WORST service in this town of anywhere we have ever lived and we have lived everywhere. Restaurants or fast food, groceries or department store, the folks here think they are doing you a BIG favor just talking to you! :lol: You talk about surfing, but have Htown in your signature. Are you from Houston or the gulf coast area? We lived in El Paso for a couple years when my dh was on recruting duty years ago in fact our daughter was born there, then dh has family in Dallas, Mineral Wells, Amarillo and Lubbock. He grew up in Las Cruces New Mexico. I LOVE TEXAS. Wanted to live in the Dallas area when he retired from the Navy but we ended up in Indiana, which is where I grew up. We live in Memphis now because my dd and sil and grandson are down here (mainly the grandson, who of course is adorable) and my dh has a great paying job. Don't mind me, I tend to get on a track and can't let go.

Sandy: Good for you girl! Weigh to go on the loss. Do you want to add your yearly goal to the ticker? Let me know and I will include it and then your weight loss.

LBS DOWN FOR SANDYG:

:goodscale :goodscale :goodscale

This is not funny, but just a nice thing that can make you feel good. I have been really down because of so much sickness, either menopause or then I had some bowel problems which made other problems, I haven't been sleeping over about 2 hours each nigh so I am exhausted most of the time, my weight has shot up between overeating, not exercising, my meds and the menopause, then we found out this year we are not getting as much back as last year in refund and on and on. I had decided to forego my vacation to Vegas this year in favor or getting my dh's old car fixed, doing my floors in the house and a few other house things. I have just been so down about everything, that when I came in from walking Jack sat me down and talked to me about going on a vacation SOMEWHERE. Well, after discussing it we decided to go to Biloxi, MS, which is on the gulf coast, has a bunch of casinos and other stuff to do and is only about 375 miles from out house so we can drive it instead of having to fly. He insisted we go because he said I need the time away from here. I told him I didn't want to spend money on just me and this is what he said, "Gorgeous, that is what husbands are supposed to do. Make things better for their wives and I just want you to be happy and feel better." Such a peach, my guy is. I now can face everything again just hearing that!

I am now going upstairs and....what do I do best girls......CLEAN! :lol: It is such a catharsis for me.

Everybody have a great weekend

Mirabelly
01-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Hi ladies,
Wow, Faye, you are so lucky to have Jack! What a sweetie!!

Sandy..WOOOOHOOOOO on your 3 pounds! I'm so proud of you! :cp: :cheer:
And it sounds like you've got the whole new roomate thing figured out pretty well. Hang tough, it can be really frustrating sometimes. Stick to your rules and everything will be fine.

James wasn't pissed or anything about the car incident, except that he said he ASKED the public works guys where it was okay to park and they told him. So, technically he had permission. The police said they put up signs that day, but James wasn't even there all day. He arrived at 6am, parked the car and left. So, he's probably gonna try and get the $65 reimbursed, but I doubt he'll succeed. The guy at the towing place was nice and said he wouldn't charge us overnight fees...just the tow fee for getting him out of bed in the middle of the night! :lol: Like I said, I'm just glad it wasn't me. $65 is really getting off pretty easy.

Nikki, that was pretty funny about the drive through. Don't sweat the bad day, just pick yourself up and start over. That's what we do all the time around here, right girls?

Well, I had lots of dancers over today and they all brought food, but I did pretty well about not eating too much. No exercise, though. Gonna make up for that tomorrow by going sledding for a couple of hours! Can't wait!!

TTFN,
Julie

desertseatingoceans
01-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Hi all...just thought I would check in before I go to bed...I am hoping I can acutally get some rest tonight, so I came home early.
Today was a very frustrating day for me...actually it has been a pretty frustrating week. I am doing my first two years of school at a community college so i can get an associates so i can get a job with that degree while working towards the others i need. Last semester was my first one and I paid for most of it, but my parents helped me out. Well I dont have enough for this semster and my mom told me not to worry about it she had it. Then earlier this week she not only told me she couldnt afford to put me back in school she cant even pay the phone bill so my cell is cut off. I understand that if you dont have the money you dont have it...but it is still really annoying. The park doesnt open up til march and its weekends only til the end of may so i have been putting applications in like crazy so i can get another job and save for school...only now my phone is cut off...so even if they call me i wont know. so i cant get a job. so i cant save money. so i cant go to school...its this huge crappy chain of cause and effect. Then today she was yelling at me telling me that Im being a b**** and i need to grow up and realize that money doesnt grow on trees. Which i could deal with if i was...but it bothers me because all i said to her when she said im not going to school and i dont have a phone was "okay". I didnt blow up, I didnt do anything...i just said okay...but for some reason this makes me a B**** who needs to grow up? Apparently she wants me to get out of her house...so theres just one more thing i have to have money for. I am praying for a raise and more hours when I go back to th park. Okay there is my griping for tonight.
Faye-I live in southwest Houston about 20 minutes away from downtown, and about 45min away from the gulf. I am not so passionate about Texas...I love houston...but for the most part hate the rest of the state. I am definately a city girl. I went to san antonio a few weekends ago with a friend and about went crazy because it was soo small and there was nothing to do. If I am not in a massive metropolis of a city I had better be at a beach, a lake or camping in the mountains. I cant just hang out around rural areas. This is why I think LA is for me...huge city, along the coast, with mountains in the back round.

gma22
01-09-2005, 08:59 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our poll this week: Since we have an adult teen here now with "parent" problems, thought this would be fun. What did your parents always say to you that drove you crazy?

Nikki: Listen, Kiddo, we have ladies all the way from early 20's to me and I am 51 and my kids are 31 and 27 and I bet they will all tell you that parents can be UNREASONABLE and IRRATIONAL at times. Sometimes we are so caught up with our kids behaving perfectly, doing what is right, staying out of trouble, being obedient, yatayata, that we DON'T listen. Don't stress out too much about mom as she probably mouthed off not thinking and more than a little upset there is not money for you so kind of bit your head off because she probably feels guilty the money is not there. I will keep you in my prayers that you find money for school. As for the cell phone, maybe you should consider one that is pay as you go, then you HAVE to keep talking under control because when your minutes run out, the phone turns off. We have had one like this for several years. I am not a big cell phone blabber anyone, but it does keep us from spending a bazillion dollars on cell phone bills every month. We took a vacation to Houston 2 years ago to see the Chicago Cubs play the Astros, then just hung out went shopping at that mall downtown, ATE of course and had a great time. Houston can drive you nuts with those frontage roads though, getting off the interstate, loop or whatever you call it and having to drive to the next road to come back onto it, but we had a lot of fun. As for school, I was a psych major, social work minor in college and my sociology prof, who was a psychologist himself, told me something that he didn't tell the other kids, I guess because I was his age when I went to school. He said to actually practice in any way you have to get your doctorate pretty much or you are ignored job wise and to do anything else, your masters, ie, social work, hospital stuff and the like so just wanted to clue you in so you would be prepared if you needed the extra schooling.

Julie: Glad things turned out not too bad with the car. Hope Jim gets his money back, but if it is like the city here, he will be social security age! :lol: Oohh, that is an ugly word and it is creeping closer and closer to me! :^:

As for the poll, I had one heck of a screwy parent, dad never said a word, but mom's favorites, honest, were always wear clean underwear in case of an accident (really said that all the time, guess because we walked home from a school next to a highway :lol: ) and my hated phrase, "You need to apply yourself." UGH! I mean, I was a really good student and she would always say that when she would get my grades. Let's see, as a mom myself, I think you would have to ask the kids if I had a catch phrase that drove them nuts. Ummm, maybe, clean your room! :lol: (Nikki, all the others would catch the joke here, and you being a newbie needs to be let in on the joke, I am OCD and clean house ALLLLLLLLL the time)

I am waiting for it to get light so I can go out and walk. I had 2 pts yesterday again, but am gaining ground on the food AND have the exercising back to where it should be. Don't know why that is so easy for me as it seems to be the hardest for most people. I don't think it even has to do with not working as I get out and do it on the weekends too and used to do it during lunch when I worked.

Everyone have a fabo day and talk to you later

Mirabelly
01-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Hi everybody...just quick, the only thing I remember my mom saying all the time that irked me was "you are loveable and capable of love." Now I know it was sweet and caring and a great way to build self-esteem in a kid.....but it was still embarrasing when she said it :blush: That and she used to sing "Oh what a beautiful morning" from Oklahoma! like EVERY morning!!! GUess I had it good, really.

Hang in there Nikki, things will turn around.

Julie

Amanda Panda
01-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Hi all,

I got 3 points on friday and 2 yesterday. I had a pizza last night, but I'm okay about it as it is the first one we've had since well before Christmas. Even slim people enjoy a pizza now and again don't they, so I'm not making a big deal of it!

I met up with my friend yesterday and we had a girlie afternoon having luch and shopping. She lost a baby about 6 months ago and she is now pregnant again and has made it to 15 weeks, and I am praying that all goes well for her. She has had a really difficult pregnancy so far, with constant sickness and dehydration - but the baby is doing fine so far and she and her dh are really excited. Anyway, we went in all the mother and baby shops and I can honestly say that my eggs were ACHING!!! I was envious (but in a good way!) of all the pregnant mums in there and in awe of all the sweet new born babies. This is what i need to lose weight for - I think instead of buying a smaller dress as something to focus on, I'm going to buy some baby clothes!! I want this so much - and I am going to focus so hard now to get there!!

Faye - Your husband is a sweetheart (but we all knew that already!! ;) ). I think you deserve a holiday and it is something to look forward to and focus your weight loss efforts on.

JULIE - Well done on avoiding a pms binge in Mcd's - seriously you should be proud as don't they put stuff in it so even the smell of it makes you want some? (MSG I think). A planned treat of your favourite ice cream was the perfect compromise - that ice cream sounds absolutely GORGEOUS - good job we don't get it here!

NIKKI - Sorry about your situation with school - that is bad news! Like you say - you can't wait around for your other job to start, you need something NOW!! I agree that you need to buy a cheap 'pay as you go' phone - mainly to receive calls on - you really need to be available for prospective employers to ring. Also, I don't know the particulars of your relationship with your mum, but maybe she blew up at you because she is feeling awful about 'letting you down' and she believes the best form of defence is attack? I really hope that things get better for you soon!

SANDY - Congrats on the 3lb down - you are definately doing something right!! Well done for being clear with Richard about your arrangement - and hey, with you working over 50 hours a week, maybe he can cook and clean for you for a bit!!

Have a nice weekend!

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
01-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Good morning all!
I did pretty well yesterday, ate well, drank my water...skipped the excersice though only because I was going to go play kickball. Thanks for yalls imput on my situation, youre propbably right that she just was feeling guilty and just as stressed out as me. The prepaid phone is a pretty good idea...only I cant really afford it right now. I know that things will eventually work out one way or another.
As for the Poll well...I dont really have what I would call a spectacular relationship with my parents. My mom is depressed and always sick so she locks herself in her room for weeks at a time, and my dad always out of town either for the army or his job...if he is in town for a few days he is working in the office or cleaning something. Dont get me wrong...they do alot for me...but they are mostly just there for me financially...not so much emotionally. If I had to choose one thing they would say that really really irked me it would be "You're going to turn out just like your brother." Thatll knock your self esteem down a few pegs. All my parents do is talk about what a jack off and failure my brother is. My family is pretty screwy...this is a huge reason I chose psychology as my major.
More in a few minutes my dad has me cleaning something.

gma22
01-09-2005, 01:43 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Amanda :cp: :dancer:
Nikki :cp:

Amanda: Oooh, it is so much fun shopping for baby stuff. I can't wait until my dil gets pregnant and I can clean Babys R Us out again! You just wait until you and Nigel are expecting. I will send you something spectacular I promise! So get off that weight and then put it on again for a good reason!
Oh, and I am going to yell at you girl, UMMMMM, YOU ARE NOT JUDGED HERE SO DON'T FLAKE ABOUT THE PIZZA! It is not a sin, not even a slip, just an IS so hope it was enjoyable and just leave it behind you!

Nikki: Honey, we all have them, but some are worse than others. I had a totally dysfunctional family, alcoholism, abusive mother, abandoned with my two siblings as a teen and went to live with 80 year old grandparents, the whole nine yards, but you are what you make of yourself and not what your family says you are so, you just shine that beautiful bright light of yours all over the place because you are young and gorgeous no matter what size and we here are proud of you for what you are trying to do!

Jack and I sat and watched Stepford Wives with Nicole Kidman and Glenn Close. Jack starts laughing and said, "Hey, your life story." FUNNY FUNNY GUY! :lol: The movie is cute though.

Everybody have a great day!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Morning Ladies,
Good weekend, little too much sugar, but an awesome 2 hours of sledding down and walking UP a long hill yesterday!

I can't believe we got bumped off the front page....I hope it means Faye is getting some sleep today!

Everyone have a great day today! I'll be back later, if I can.

Julie

gma22
01-10-2005, 09:46 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to work on that one thing that makes you fail. Are you a binger, stress eater, exercise putter offer, whatever keeps you from succeeding, work on it, why it makes you fail. None of us are failures no matter what we do and our best way to succeed is to eliminate those things that keep us from living up to our potentials.

Morning gals. Yes, I slept in, but it was more like nighmared in. I hate it when I do that and glad I am awake and ready to get started on the day. Need to get my chores done then out the door to walk.

Got another 2 pter but I am really going to work on getting 4 pts today

Have a good day and will check in a little later

Satine
01-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Morning All ... I had two 3 pointers over the weekend, stayed OP BUT now for some horrible news, well horrible for me...I did finally weigh myself this last weekend and it was NOT good... I was back up to 208 !!!!! :( So I have to change my weight to that, I cannot believe that I am back over 200 but what can you do? I have to admit what has happened and just keep doing what I am doing right?

I just feel so depressed right now...Hope you all are having a better day :)

Talk more later ...

gma22
01-10-2005, 04:20 PM

Carri :cp: :cp:

OK, EVERYBODY THIS IS WHAT OUR LITTLE GROUP IS GOING TO DO. INSTEAD OF BEING PISSED, DISAPPOINTED, MAD, SAD, HURT, UPSET, WHATEVER WITH THE FACT WE HAVE ALLLLLL GAINED WEIGHT OVER THE HOLIDAYS. WE ARE STARTING FROM SCRATCH. WE ARE NOT GOING TO STRESS OVER WHAT IS BEHIND US. WE ARE GOING TO START FRESH AND GO FROM HERE, OK?????

Carri: Focus on the 50 lbs you have already lost, which is a great deal and work from there. Don't let what happened last month get to you. You can get these lbs off in nothing flat and I know you will. I am POSITIVE you are going to be at goal before Christmas!

Everyone else, you work hard and make it happen, ok???

Mirabelly
01-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Awww, Carrie....how sweet! You just wanted to be closer to me, right?? :lol:

Seriously, don't stress it honey....we're all gonna get there this year. You had a heck of a few months with selling the house and moving, etc. I gained 20 pounds when we did that a year and a half ago. What's past is past.

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
01-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Hi all!

I am happy to report a 4 point day yesterday - had a really strict day following the Saturday night pizza and made sure I went on the exercise bike for 25 minutes.

I had my counselling session today and she said that I looked like I had lost weight and was looking really well! I said that it was probably just that my skin was looking brighter due to the exercise and water! I also told her how much i weigh and she said I honestly don't look like I weigh that much. My friend said the same on saturday - she said I look about 210 (where actually I weigh 50lb more than that!) We had a good chat about my dieting and just focusing on 7lb at a time and I really think that having counselling at the same time as dieting will help me to succeed this time - hopefully we will be able to nip any bad patterns in the bud!

CARRI - Sorry about the weight gain sweetie - I know it hurts, especially as it has taken you back over the 200 threshold. But I know you will lose it in no time at all - add a little exercise to your weekly plan and i bet you can lose 3lb in a week. You are back on track now so just look forward.

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target exercise this week. With jobs, family, school and other things, we sometimes let it slide. It is way too easy to let this part of your weight loss program go by the wayside and for those of you who have 50 lbs or less to lose, exercise can really be a help to you and essential in continuing to lose weight. Figure out a time when you can put it into you life, getting up early if necessary. Make it a priority in your life and a routine.

Morning ladies. Hope you all are doing well today. I was a 4 pter yesterday, whoopeee!

I will be back in a little later and check on how you are progressing

gigglez
01-11-2005, 08:20 AM
Hey seems like that there is so much to catch up on so I guess that I am going to have to do that later. Just wanted to say howdy. I just added up my hours for last week between the 2 jobs and it was 74 hrs last week....begining to wonder if I can make it this week. LOL! Everyone have a hreat day off to take my mother to a doctor appt and then to work.

Mirabelly
01-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Good Morning ladies!

3 points yesterday...somewhere along the line, I just forgot to drink the water. I really need it too. I'm back to being sick, the whole family really. This time it's a chest cold instead of the head thing. The 2 younger ones are staying home from school and dh offered to take Catey to school...yaay! So I'm just chillin' in my jammies.

Amanda--you sound like you're doing much much better in your thinking! Good for you....most of the battle is just deciding it's time. I'm proud of you....you can really do this! One day at a time.....one day at a time.

Faye, after we did that end of the year "say nice stuff about each other", I've been thinking how we need to do that everyday to everyone we know. Let people know that we care about them and what, specifically, we admire about them. I'm trying to do that with people I see regularly, and it's just amazing how they light up and look so much happier when they are just appreciated a little! Most people only bother to speak up when they have something negative to say, but thanks to you...I'm working hard to change that. It makes me feel good, makes them feel good.....so, just wanted to say Thanks for making me think.

Well, gotta go.......I'm almost 2/3 done editing my book and I want the write-in edits done by this weekend so I can get everything typed and mailed soon soon soon!

Everyone have a super day!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-11-2005, 11:37 AM

Julie :cp:
Faye :bravo: (whew, haven't seen him in a long time!)

Julie: Have you seen those new things you can plug into the wall and they act like a vaporizer? They also have them you can wear on your nose instead of putting vicks under your nose when it is sore. I think they come from Breathe right. Hope you get to feeling better soon. A cold is such a hard thing to get over. Can't wait to hear good news about your manuscript.

I got in a wet walk this morning and have been fooling with airline tickets. Jack came to me a day or so ago and told me he thinks since it would cost us about $2000 to go to Biloxi, we might as well spend a little more and go where we really want to go and that is back to Vegas. Don't believe this price war airline ticket thing too much, because it ain't happenin' with some airlines. Has anyone every flown Air Tran? They are strictly cut rate like SouthWest, but the prices are dead on great. The cheapest I found was $672 round trip for the both of us with Delta and Air Tran has coach tickets for $414 round trip for us both. We could fly business, which is like first class nowadays for a total of $1302 round trip and I am actually considering it. That would be cool. I have only flown first class once from San Diego to LA (20 minutes whoopee) and that was because of a ticket snafu. I take it back, we flew in first class once from Detroit to South Bend because there were only like 6 passengers and it was easier for the flight attendent! Anyway, I am happy as a clam making plans. Think we are going to go in July so I really have to work hard to get the blubber off me by then.

Oh and keep Jack in your thoughts. He is applying for a promotion at work at another plant and he wants it pretty badly. Unfortunately, there are 2 guys that work at that plant who are applying and his boss (which is the same job only at a differnt plant). Jack is not very happy where he is with the people he has to work with. There is a lot of racism where he is and a lot of people who don't want to work and one of them works directly with Jack so he would like to go to the other plant.

Guess I better go and get me some breakfast.

TTFN

Faye ;)

Satine
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Morning All ( well I guess for some of us afternoon ) ... Thanks for all of your encouraging words about the weight gain, I guess I will just have to take it one day at a time ( like Julie said ) and do what I can...I know it will come off again, just a matter of time ... I had another 3 pointer yesterday...

Faye - I will keep Jack in my prayers for the job...Target Tuesday is right on for me, I do not know why I cannot get into the exercising thing...I think it is because once I get home from work at 5:30, fix dinner, then clean the kitchen and myself up it is time for bed...I could get up earlier but I am too lazy!! :lol: If I didn't work it might make it easier, well and once the days get longer in the summer I wont feel so crazy...leaving for work in the dark and getting home in the dark ... I might feel like I have some day left for exercising ... who knows ...

Julie, Sandy, and Amanda - Have a great day all, talk to you later !!!

desertseatingoceans
01-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey Yall!
Well things have definately been looking up for me! My phone is back on (YAY!! :)) AND I ran into one of my supervisors from the park and he told me that if I didnt come back he would hunt me down, and I told him if I went back I was hoping to get promoted and he told me it was a definate possibility. I know it doesnt mean that I will for sure...but it still makes me feel better hearing it. Im just trying not to get my hopes up too high.
Ive been kinda sucking at this whole diet/excersice thing lately...so like faye said...i decided it was time to just forget about it and start over. Cant change the past, so I might as well not dwell on it. Got up to go for a run this morning...but i was really exhausted so I walked most of the way but at least I got out there and did SOMETHING. I drink mostly water so that is usually not a problem but I ran out of bottled water and I dont like the taste of tap water (around the city it tates like chlorine)...so I really have to push myself to drink water til I can get some more bottles.
Carri-If you keep having 3 pointers like that the extra poundage will come off in no time!
Faye- I would totally go for the business class! you only live once! I hope Jack gets his promotion!
well i gotta get outta here! You guys have a fantastic day!
Nikki

Amanda Panda
01-11-2005, 06:15 PM
hi all,

Another 4 points for me yesterday! The good thing I have noticed is that my cals have gradually come down to about 1800. It's just happened naturally as I have got used to eating less and making healthier choices.

JULIE - WTG on saying nice things to people - it's something we all forget to do, and it can really make someone feel good about themselves. You are a very nice person!

NIKKI - Great news about the promotion - hope you get it!

FAYE - WTG on your first 4 pointer - it feels good to get back on track doesn't it?

CARRI - I suggest doing some exercise as soon as you get in from work - just take half an hour to do an exercise tape or go for a brisk walk.

I've just heard from my brother than my uncle was in Thailand when the Tsunami hit - he has a Thai girlfriend and was on a 3 month visa. We have no idea if he was anywhere near the affected area - but he hasn't phoned my dad to let him know he is okay. They are not that close and speak on the phone about twice a year, so maybe he just hasn't thought to ring - but he usually always rings at christmas or New Year and this time we haven't heard from him at all. I do hope he is okay - my dad has already lost 1 brother and 1 sister in the last few years.

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Evening girlies!

Points wrapup:

Amanda: I prayed hard right before posting regaring your Uncle. I am sure God will intervene in some way to put your mind at rest one way or another.

Nikki: I think it is especially hard for college kids to eat properly. It is such a temptation everywhere especially if you have thinner friends who can pig on pizza and whatnot. Just pick yourself up and give yourself a talking to. When I really want to do better, I actually talk to myself and ask myself which I really want more, fat or food? You hang in there and you will get back on track.

Man, this mess with MCI had far reaching messes. We didn't realize that when they changed us, it nullified our call alert on AOL and people were telling us that they couldn't get through and now we know why. When you are online and get a call, you get a phone ringing sound and a window pops up telling you who it is etc, well when anyone would call, the line would just ring and ring, but we wouldn't have any notice. We fixed it today, but that means that for 2 weeks we have been paying for something that wasn't working. They have tucked tail though because I haven't heard a word from them since I e-mailed their customer service and reamed them about it all.

Everyone have a great evening.

gma22
01-12-2005, 07:57 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Anything bothering you we can help with?

Be back a little later gals

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
01-12-2005, 08:43 AM
Morning Ladies!
Happy Wednesday......... :coffee:

3 points yesterday, tom and the remnants of that chest cold kept me from exercising. I did get out and go grocery shopping, though, so I didn't spend the WHOLE day on my butt!!

No real woes today, except that the two youngest are still sick with this cold. THey are coughing up snot like there's a world shortage or something :lol: They both stayed home from school yesterday and they are again today. I've finally gotten over the "oh, you really need to be in school" thing. BULL***T...if some other mom had kept their kid home an extra day, WE wouldn't be going through this now. From now on, if my kids are sick, they stay home, period!

DH has lost all his weight from Christmas and Thanksgiving but is convinced that he won't lose any more because he "tried" all last year and didn't get any lower than he is now. He can be such a stubborn little sulk-monkey! "Oh, poor me, my life sucks, I'll never lose this weight, blah blah Freakin' blah!" I just want to slap him, tell him to suck it up and just quit whining already. Of course, I have to do the same thing to myself. :lol: We both "tried" all year last year to lose weight, but now that I look back--if I'm really honest with myself, we would try for a week or two and then blow it off for a month. All year long. So, this year will be different!

For us, it's an exercise and metabolism thing. We eat really really healthy...but we are way too sedentary. So, we're working hard on gettting outdoors more and working up a sweat every day. When I exercise consistently for a week, I lose the next week, guaranteed. I just never keep it going.........

Well, guess i"m just rambling now.

AManda and Faye--Way to go on your 4 points!! :cp:

Nikki and Jack--I'll keep thinking of you to get those promotions at work! Nikki, I used to live in SanAntonio and had lots of friends who worked at the various theme parks around Texas...it was always hard during the off season, but the corporations always wanted to keep the good employees. I guess cuz' most people who work those jobs are total goof-offs.

Carrie--GO TAKE A WALK! :lol:

TTFN everybody!
Julie

gma22
01-12-2005, 11:23 AM

Julie :cp:
Faye :bravo:

Julie: I agree with you. Most people don't stay home when they should and they pass it around to others. Best thing to do is stay home, in bed and fix the problem. It is not going to injure the kids to be out of school a few days.

Got my walk in this morning and am finally getting around to breakfast. It is Kaschi cereal for me this morning. I love the Strawberry Fields. It is like eating Special K.

Well, dh agrees with me about the business class tickets so guess that is what I am going to do. Since they are twice what I was going to spend, they will have to wait until we get out tax refund back though! :lol: I plan on getting the hotel reserved the first of the week, but Jack has to take the car back to the shop and get new plugs etc so I am not spending money until I know what that is going to cost us. From what I understand, our sparkplugs are platinum and a whopping $4 apiece. Is that unreal or what???

I really would like to be around 220 or so when we go on vacation and I am working to get that done. Hope I can keep up the good feelings. I have been doing really well the last few days and all I need to do is increase the exercise some and stay away from restaurants etc. I am giving us one night out a month and I think that is fair and safe, don't you? I do so well as long as I keep my butt out of restaurants and stay home and eat. Everyone has their weak point and I think that and soft drinks are mine. Maybe I should learn to like coffee???? :lol: :coffee: NAHHHHHHH!

I will check back later girls. I am making spreadsheet budgets so need to back to that.

Amanda Panda
01-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi there gals,

4 points for me yesterday - did an extra 5 mins on the exercise bike and made it to 30 minutes - it was hard work, but I did it!

Had a small victory today - I had to attend an medical appointment regarding my state benefit - basically checking that I am actually ill and not pretending! Well the doctor was a right idiot - he didn't even look at me, just kept looking at his computer screen and basically I came out feeling quite crappy. Needless to say, my first thought was 'I want to buy a big cheese sandwich and some chocolate to make me feel better'. But I immediately stopped myself and said my positive affirmation ' I am choosing not to be fat anymore!'. It worked and i knew that I wanted to eat something healthy and continue to lose weight.

I had a try at tracing my uncle on the internet last night - no sign of him, but that was to be expected as so many people have no ID on them. I ended up looking at this page of unidentified dead bodies and you will not believe how much it has upset me. I thought I would be able to handle it and just check that he wasn't there - but i REALLY regret looking and I can't get those images out of my head. I just keep thinking 'that is someone's mum or dad'. I can't imagine how awful it must be to identify your loved one from those photo's. I didn't see my uncle - but there were only about 20 photo's.I registered his name with the Red Cross, and that's all I can do really. A big part of me thinks that he is okay and was staying far away in Bangkok or some place - he's not the best person at keeping in touch.

FAYE - Another 4 point day - well done! You can get down to 220 if you work hard, I know you can do it!

JULIE , CARRI, NIKKI, SANDY - :wave:

Love Amanda x

gigglez
01-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Good Morning ladies!

Julie, sorry to hear that all is ill at your house. Maybe you could send me some of that illness here. At least I could get time off of work that way! LOL!!! Seriously, it does suck to be sick.

Carri, I understand how upset you are. I am there myself. But it is only one very rough patch in this journery. Sometimes we have to fail to succeed! I just know that you will make it back down.

Nikki, hope things work out for you with work and such. I agree sometimes hearing things does uplift us.

Faye, please be careful on AirTram. My friend from Va. used it to fly here a few years ago and got the worse service from them. His luggage wasn't checked properly and guess what? That's right no luggage until it was time for him to fly home. Well about 2 days before he was due to fly back!

Amanda, talk about positive things going on right now. You have got it going on! I am ssssssssooooooooo proud of you. Faye is right bout not beating yourself up over the pizza or anything else.

I have been so depressed lately. Partly due to the fact of the hours these last few weeks and then partly due to the fact that I haven't gotten to spend any time with my boy for a week or longer. He has been with my mother since last Thursday. I am off on Sunday and will get to spend some time with him but he has to go right back to her house that evening. Seeing how I have to be at work at 430 on Monday morning and I am not going to ask Richard to babysit him. There is no way that is going to happen. Next week he get to stay home on Monday and Wednesday nite. There at times that I get so down bout this that I get so out of control. Enough rambling. Gotta go and get ready for work check in later.

gma22
01-13-2005, 07:08 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Take time for you and do something special, you deserve it!

POINTS WRAPUP:

Amanda: I am so proud of you. You are taking control of your life and making yourself stronger and healthier because of it! I am sorry to say, that that situation is not going to get better anytime soon. I do hope your Uncle contacts someone soon though and puts your mind at rest.

SandyG: Thanks for the AirTran warning. We will certainly think about it. It is a cutrate airline and you do get what you pay for.

I will check back in later ladies. I have to run to the store and pick up some stuff for my grandson for lunch today as I am babysitting for a few hours and he likes ham sandwiches and these cheddar potato chips. Don't panic, I am not a fan of potato chips at all so won't be pigging on them and when he leaves they go to.

Another 4pt day for me.

Later

Mirabelly
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Morning Ladies,

Wow, NO points for me yesterday. Both kids home, older daughter got released early cuz of ice, cancelled my dance class cuz of ice and just sat on the couch focused on my book. I got to the last 50 pages of editing, so I'll be done with that today!!! Yaaayyyy.........but I totally FORGOT to drink water or exercise and it was one of those TOM days where you are just ravenous. So, I ate healthy stuff, but way too much of it. :lol: Very strange day.

We're supposed to get a January thaw today....up into the upper 40's! Just one day though, then it's back to the teens and single digits.

Anyway, I'll do better today....promise!

Amanda---I"M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Way to go, babe....... :dancer: :cb: :cb: :cp: :flow1: :flow2: Keep it up! One day at a time. One decision at a time.

Sandy--DON"T YOU DARE be wishing this sickness on yourself....You JUST got over being sick for weeks! I hope you can find some time to be with Corey soon. That would drive me crazy too.

Gotta get the oldest to school now. The other 2 are STILL sick! I've never kept any of them home this long. But they both had fevers last night. I think they're coming out of it, though, cuz at least they have the energy to fight today :lol:

Okay, TTFN,
Julie

gigglez
01-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Just wanted to check in quickly.......small victory had some ceral bars here at work and they are a temptation and yes I resisted I gave them all away this morning. So far so good maybe this is the shock that I needed to get in the groove this morning. Julie, I know that I shouldn't wish illness but I guess that being in a constant state of lack of sleep has take its toll.

Any way wanted to check in catch everyone later.

sandy

gma22
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM

Faye :bravo:

Julie: Not a big deal, just do better today!

SandyG: I know you have to be exhausted. Hope you get some time off soon to spend with the Cor man! :lol:

Ok, found out why dh applied for that job. I can't believe he never told me. He said he thought he had. Anyway, do you remember months and months ago when Jack fell into the sewage lagoon? The place he was at was not at the main plant and he and this other guy had to drive there in a company truck. Well, the guy REFUSED to drive Jack back to the emergency showers at the main plant saying he had something he wanted to do. Jack basically, told him, to H*** with you I need to get to the emergency shower and be decontaminated and took the truck and left him there. You have to understand this was raw sewage he fell into up to his chest. That set the ball rolling with the racist stuff. Before the election, he and Jack and another electrician were working on something and Jack was talking with this other guy whose name is Fred about who would be running in 2008 against Hillary Clinton, seeing as how they both thought that would be the smartest move for the demo party. Fred said, Condoleeza Rice and Jack said no, because she had no experience outside of what she was currently doing and probably didn't have enough pull to get on the ticket. This other guy went to the plant manager and told the guy Jack had made racial statements! The plant manager called both Jack and Fred in and Fred told him what the discussion was and that was the end of it, but Jack is pretty fed up with this guy. I guess he is a lousy technician, in fact, I know that when he was hired 5 other guys had been offered the position before him and they all had decided to take other jobs. This guy was the last person on the list and because of the racial thing, they hired him so there were repercussions, even though the guy had barely passed electronics school and knew basically nothing. There are 3 guys that work Jack's job including him and the other one, besides the trouble maker, has been there like 15 years or something. He and Jack have to go behind this kid and check his work to make sure it is right and about 75% of the time, have to redo it. The other guy has been waiting for a job to open up at the other plant in the same position he is in now as he doesn't want supervisory stuff so he wants out too! Sad really as Jack doesn't have any problems with any of the other black workers at the plant at all just this little pipsqueak. Being ex-military, Jack has this really strong work ethic and is tired of putting up with it I guess.

Everyone have a nice day. I had to walk in the driving rain today but at least it wasn't cold! I am going to do some weights in a few minutes. I read some Jorge Cruise info on exercising and do about 10 minutes a day with my walking to try and up my metabolism some.

Satine
01-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Morning Everyone

Had another 3 pointer yesterday and the scales were very, very nice to me this morning, but we will talk about that on Friday, huh? Well I guess that would be tomorrow...anyhow it has been so rainy here, rain all day long every day, I mean I like some of it but when I am not home to enjoy the drearyness it gets a little old, plus we have a small pond out back that is creeping its way up to my new house!! :lol:

Julie - Great job on finishing up this book, hope the kids get better soon !!

Sandy - Sorry to hear that you are so depressed, do you have any vacation time available to you?

Faye - That is a lot of bull...I hope Jack does get that promotion and does not have to deal with that much longer, will keep my fingers crossed...

Amanda - Great job on fighting the temptation...you are doing a great job!!!!

All of you have a great day!!!

Amanda Panda
01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all,

I'm just popping in quickly to let you know that I got 4 points yesterday - didn't go on the bike, but had a bit of a walk.

Thanks for all your positive comments - I agree I have been doing well since I started on the 1st Jan - I just need to keep it up for the rest of the year!

I weighed myself today and I haven't lost anything this week - I know I've done even better with my cals this week and have kept up the exercise, so it's just water retention - my period is now 4 days late and I am so full of water and PMS that I might explode if it doesn't come soon! :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

Feeling really weepy and crappy today (see above!) - was meant to do a big supermarket shop but couldn't face it. Wanted to stay in bed all day - but knew that we had nothing in for a meal tonight - and if I didn't go out and buy something, then we would be highly likely to order a takeaway. So, I dragged my sorry butt out of bed and walked to the local shops to buy something for our tea AND bypassed the chocolate ailse! I'm proud of myself for having the foresight to do that and it means I can stay on track today.

See you all later

Love Amanda x

desertseatingoceans
01-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey all!
How's it goin? I am in such a good mood its insane! I dont really know why...I think its because when I was on my way to my sisters apt this morning I was stopped at a red light and a friend that I havent seen in months was sitting at the light next to me. Coincidentally we were text messaging eachother yesterday. I thought it was crazy...dont see or talk to someone in a long time then all of the sudden you talk to them one day and see them the next morning. Stupid things like that make my day. I have still been sucking at the whole diet and excersice thing...but everytime i step on a scale I am down more weight. I dont really get it.
Amanda-Congrats on the 4 pointer! Its pretty rockin of you to pass up the chocolate and control yourself!
Carri-Glad to hear the scales are treating you right!
Faye-Thats pretty crappy for Jack...Im praying that he gets his promotion so he doesnt have to mess with all that anymore.
Sandy-Way to resist temtation!
Julie-Dont worry about the no pointer...at least you got a lot of editing done on your book!
Alright ladies, I am outta here!
Nikki

gma22
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Just thought I would peek in one more time this evening. Thomas just went home so I am pooped! He is ok until he gets bored then he wants to jump around and such. On top of that, his mom brought nothing for him to play with. I loaded some AOL games for him and he played slots on my casino game. I kind of lead him to believe it was a "matching game" for pts! :lol:

Well the darn neighbors are at it again. I put my niece's wedding invite regret card out for the mailman and came out to check on the mail and the mailbox was open and the card gone, the mailman was down at the other end opposite our side and the way he delivers I knew he had not been by yet and here are the two little brats from next door playing with mailboxes. Little snots took the card and went across and shoved it through the mailbox across the street. At first, they refused to tell me what they did with it, pretending they didn't do it, but I really lit into them and told them they were to show me immediately what they did with it and they finally did. Thing is, some of the condos have mail drops where the mail drops clear through to the garage floor (the regular looking mailboxes are inserted into the garage wall and the backs taken off then a box put where the mail will drop into the garage so people can't steel it) and this was one of the houses. She had her gate locked so I took their little butts right home and raised holy you know what. All he said to them was, "Are you postman?" GRRRRRRR! The lady across the street who knows them, told the uncle to tell the boys she was going to take a switch to them if they messed with her mail again! I do not understand why children aren't disciplined anymore. I mean, they are young kids and kids pull stunts, but at least make them know it was not acceptable and APOLOGIZE to the person they did it to.
I wish they would move out, but we could get someone worse!

Everyone have a good night. Got another 4 pt day today.

gma22
01-14-2005, 07:20 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #94

(IF YOU DO NOT FIND A #94, CONTINUE TO POST HERE. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO SET UP A #94 THIS MORNING, BUT WILL CONTINUE TO TRY SO WATCH FOR IT)

gigglez
01-14-2005, 07:37 AM
Good morning. I was going to post on 94 but there wasn't one set up yet this morning so I am doing so here. Too tired to get any exercise in yesterday and that led to going way off on staying OP. Was so exhausted that I gave into some sugar just for a rush to keep myself going til I got home from work. I only have to work 5.5 hours today and then I am free for a little while. Will not be OP today. This is my bday and I am going to treat myself to a day of not cooking. May not be in my best interest but hey I deserve a day of doing nothing. Who knows where I will end up at but more than likely I will stick to a salad. Time to move for the day have to get ready to go play store and that sucks this morning. Faye, I agree about the lack of discipline. I can honestly say that Corey does get his fair share of it. So who knows maybe he wont turn out all bad. LOL! Have a great day everyone!