Talking Thursday Chat - January 6th

Good Morning,

Icy and raining here but duty calls

How is everyone this cold icky day ?

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:12 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Sounds like you get the same type of weather we do. Today we got snow. 2 hour delay--woohoo!! But that means I only get to work 2 1/2 hours. lol

Well, still managing to stay OP. Chocolate cravings hit so had about 2 bites of a LC chocolate bar (DH ate the rest so I wouldn't be tempted. lol). The scale finally moved down another pound....so I'm looking forward to WI on Saturday. lol. I'm not feeling so bloated. Still hungry though Been keeping up w/the exercising and hoping the cramps from TOM don't get worse than they are or I won't be moving to do anything
Hope you all are having a great day!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #3  

I'm such a slug......eating has been horrible. I am still battling this stupid cold and TOM hit like a brick so I am eating to feel better Why, why, why?
I decided I want to fit back into my jeans comfortably......but can't seem to get the gumption up to do it!!!!!!!!!

I need to make a decision on what I am going to do and then just DO IT! I don't care what plan I follow at this point...just lose the weight!

ok, enough wining..........

Leenie: Snowy, freezing rain later......grumpy ....and you?

Brenda: Congrats on the scale going down. I wish I could say the same...but I am hanging my head in shame.

Be back later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #4  
Head Princess

Happy Thursday!

Leenie - It's cold and rainy here. I even had some frozen rain on my car this morning. But I'm comfortably at work with my yummy cup of almond fudge coffee and since I got here at 6:00, I can leave by 2:00. Yippee!!!

Brenda - You're doing so good on your workouts! Any you know, they say that both exercise and orgasms help to eleviate cramps.

Jane - You poor muffin! I sure hope you get feeling better soon!

Question of the day: why does being good make me want to be bad to a degree? Is it the Libra in me? Yesterday I went and kicked a little tail on the eliptical but then decided that I really wanted a drink so I went to the bar and had a few drinks and a few cigarettes Needless to say, I slept good!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:04 AM   #5  

Stars back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:18 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Good morning ladies!

B- you are doing so good w/ your workouts, try to keep it up, work through the pain lady!!

SP- you just have and angel/devil complex!! ahahahahahahaha

Jane- Hope you feel better soon!

I am feeling so good on induction I just love the Atkins honeymoon period. Trying to prepare for the DS's b-day party this weekend, it is hectic! PLus have 2 of our dogs going to the vet, 1 for dental and the new puppy getting her cherry eyes fixed.

Busy Busy Busy!

Talk to you later,
TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #7  

Theo'sgirl: What is a cherry eye?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Cherry eyes? What's that? And TG - how much do vets charge for dental. (2 chihuahuas, remember?) They desperately need their teeth cleaned.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #9  

Default Snowy Thursday

RACHEL - Read the same article in the Boston Globe, it does give me some hope, I was on Atkins solidly from April 2003 to the summer of 2004 and was doing pretty good. I do think I can stay on it as a long term thing. It is the easiest so far for me to do.

TG - Water is still gone so it counts as much as anything else. Great start.

STAR - Another one on the Zicam, DH swears by it. Glad the power was not out too long. Maybe you could get one of those finger toothbrushes like we got for our puppup, DH does that once in a while and it actually has made a difference.

Knock wood the house has been really healthy the last couple of months. DH had pneumonia a while back which totally pissed me off, he didn't listen to me and got sicker and sicker. I am not a natural doctoring type so when someone is sick, I have very little sympathy.

BRENDA - Hoping it isn't the flu for any of you. Got to hit that water, those rings are a sure sign. What a nice husband to eat the chocolate temptation.

Slow start to the day even with the gym and all. So skipped the sausage with breakfast and made a quick omlet, I am glad I grabbed a couple of my low carb bars, hate to depend on them but they are better than the muffins in the kitchen.

Has anyone else tried the low carb Progresso soups??? I have been getting them for quick meals, the net carbs are 6 or so, then last night I bought a can of Progresso cream of mushroom soup for DH, it looks great and is only 7 net carbs. I can handle that as a treat once I get off Induction. I can see that along with some steak for a quick dinner some night.

I decided to give up the decaf coffee except on the weekends, that is helping to keep up with the water. As well as going to the gym.

I am feeling smaller but still determined to stay off of the scale until 2/1/05.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #10  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Cold? Freezing rain? What's that? It's supposed to be in the 70s here today.

Brenda: Exercise really does seem to help me with cramps. Try to keep it up -- you're doing fabulously!

Jane: I hope you get things figured out, and you get to feeling better soon. You can do it!

Star: That is my question of the day, too. After my workout, I proceeded to go to a friend's house for drinks and staying up all hours of the night. Why?

TG: The Atkins honeymoon period is fabulous, isn't it? I'm anxiously awaiting the answer to the "cherry eyes" question, too!

Well, I am so excited! Last night, I went with a friend to her gym (I got a free two-week trial.), and I absolutely loved it. I am seriously thinking of joining. I just keep telling myself that it's a great investment, and for the value I would be getting out it, it's really very affordable (A frugal person has to tell themselves these things over and over.) I always thought I could get it done myself with walking, some Pilates, sports, etc., and I'm sure I could, but there are tons of advantages to the gym that I'd love to have.

Hope you all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina

Last edited by jdoggmartin; 01-06-2005 at 11:14 AM.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM   #11  
Movin' and Losin'

Liza: Sounds like you are doing great. That takes a lot of willpower to not weigh-in until February! I haven't tried any of the LC soups. I just might have to, though.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #12  

Oh my.....it's changing to freezing rain

Fun ride home tonight!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

Jane: Be careful driving!! I don't mind snow..I HATE freezing rain! You must be getting hit with the weather we had also. Either that or your stuff is coming our way? Either way...Ewww!!

Star: Leave it to you to bring up the orgasms (sorry. not happening while TOM is around!! Hm....now that you mention it...what IS that word again??) And why question why you're bad when you do is so good

TG: I'm guessing at the "cherry eyes" thing and after Stars orgasm comment it's not looking good I wish we could afford to get the dog in for her teeth. They look so gross and her breath just REEKS lately!

Liza: I've not tried the soup. Sounds great though. Thanks for the recommendation. It'll come in handy during the winter WOW!! How can you stand not weighing in?? I weigh myself every morning. I don't make official WI's until Saturday, but I like to see how the scale is doing. Especially when I'm completely OP. )

Jina: glad you enjoyed the gym. I must be more frugal (or in my case stingy?) than you cuz I can't justify a gym membership. Hm....could it also be because we HAVE no gym here? lol. Enjoy!!

Well, did 2 miles of WATP and then checked out my pilates/yoga tape. Oh man, didn't finish that one either. Heck, didn't finish the 20 minute warmup!! My gut muscles are sore now. But maybe that'll shape them up. Then All I'll need to worry about is my inner thigh (I'm quite happy with the rest of me. Well, won't mention the droopy boobs. But hey, can't have everything right? )
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #14  

JANE - Be careful on the roads, so glad I took the subway, I can get home real easy and real safely.

The LC soups aren't too bad if you stick to the one serving, they average 6 NC per serving. Combined with something else, they are good.
Sugar Cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #15  
Movin' and Losin'

Be careful, Jane!

Brenda: You are cracking me up with your orgasm and cherry eye talk!