Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-06-2005, 08:10 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday Chat, January 6th

Good Morning,

Hope everyone is doing okay. Its icy, snowing, raining here but we all managed to make it into work okay

Whats doing ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:32 AM   #2  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Good Morning!
Why am I peppy on this craptastic (weatherwise) day in NJ 1 word
COFFEE!
Thanks to my point slide i found out half and half 2 measured tbsp is 1 point and is delightfully stretched through 2 cups of coffee HALLELUJAH
I'm trying to get myself motivated I've really been in a massive slump I'm not letting life pass me by!
Leenie please be careful on the way home too you are Precious!
bbiab
Love
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #3  
CIN

Default Goooooooood Morning

Morning Ladies
Mild and rainy here in Ky.yesterday was in the 60's.....today a high of 49..we have not had much winter yet. We will pass on it now that Christmas is over!

I still dont have access to my computer during the day much......hopefully will get it back today or Friday..mine is in the office now and in use during the day,

I read ( quickly scanned) yesterdays posts! Wow..some were longggggggggg .........so hello to all! Wish I could say something to everyone but then mine would be longgggggggggggggg too!

Glad to read many are working on diet & exercise changes............Take it one day at a time and remember the smallest of changes can make a difference!

Have a great day!
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #4  

Morning

It finally snowed here so it isn't so bitterly cold......was -30 degrees C with the wind chill for a few days......milder today.

I am working today....I havne't had a day off since the 30th and I work right through until next Tuesday morning.......... bring it on! Gonna go back to bed for a nap after dd6 gets on the bus, as I dont' have to be at work until 1130......then I am done at 1130 tonight.......with a break in between.

Have a good day everyone......no one ever died from hard work

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

just a quick hello for now! I think I said it all yesterday anyway haha I was the longest winded one of all! haha

had to leave home early this morning to pick someone up and drop them off before I got to work on time, so I could not exercise, but I plan to go at lunch and walk - will let you know if I make it - I know ya'll are on pins and needles wondering!

everybody take care of themselves and be good

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #6  

Red face

Hi everyone-I'm a NOOBIE! I've been lurking for a while now, so I figured I'd drop in for a cup of coffee and introduce myself so as not to be rude and all...

Tonight in about two hours I will get my reward for going to the gym five days out of seven for the entire month of December! A full body massage (the cute spin instructor guy who does the massages certainly doesn't hurt my feelings any either!)

My hubby made me the offer the day after Thanksgiving-if I'd go to the gym five days out of seven for a month, he'd get me a full body massage. And he'll do it for every month I do my part as well.

I'm so proud of me I could just POP!!!

I should add-the reason he made me this offer is because I have suffered from periodic bouts of paralyzing depression since before puberty. I've tried the medication route, which mainly made me sleep and eat, which mainly caused me to gain 30 pounds in 3 years....So we figured we had nowhere to go but up by trying exercise! I do cardio for 40 minutes, and then alternate days of upper and lower body (lower 3 days a week, upper 2 days). It has helped more than any medication EVER!

Last edited by schmoo; 01-06-2005 at 11:16 AM.
schmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:19 AM   #7  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile

Hi Ladies,
I haven't checked in here for a few days. I missed it. Ya'll.. But have had a
few things going on. In a couple of hours I have to bring dd to an appt. to see her Dr... And have her assessed or something?..
Yesterday and today is my day off.. Thank goodness..
I am glad you all are doing great!! I am doing fine also.. Just some stuff to take care of..
I had some pizza for supper last night. And some ice cream for dessert..
Not good for a diet. But it was sooo good..
Well, I am going make me a cup of coffee right now..
You ladies have a blessed day.. Take care, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies!

My Dr's appointment is in a couple of hours, so I thought I'd drop in for a quick hi

Leenie: Your weather up there is nasty Please stay safe on the roads!

Kierie: I know what you mean about being in a slump The coffee does help. Stay inside if you can and have a great day!

Cathy: We want a full report of your lunchtime activity

CIN: Glad you were able to check in-we miss you when you're not around

Liz: -30C sounds COLD Glad you're weather is a little warmer

Lanee: I hope things go well with your DD at the doctor. Enjoy your time off

Schmoo: Welcome to 3FC! You've picked a great place for support and encouragement Enjoy your full body massage, and keep coming back and sharing.
P.S. I noticed you're from England. Have you checked out the UK thread in our forum?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:58 PM   #9  

Hi everyone.....it's almost noon here now.....the weather is getting milder today....just-10 degrees C....when I woke up this morning.....it was snowing earlier today.

I have an appointment for an upper lip wax in about an hour.....today is the 4th day of being back OP....tomorrow is weigh in day.

Schmoo....I did't do very well on regular antidepressants either.....have been on the natural antidepressants for about 6 months now.....doing a lot better these days.
I just noticed that you are from England.....have you lived there all your life?

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Everyone…

Kierie – I really like Denise Austen… I have the “Lifting Weights to lose weight” which comes with 2 videos (beginning and advanced) and then I have the “Walking Away the Pounds” video – well the set… came with 3 videos and a stretchie band. Ohh which reminds me, I wanna look for more stretchie bands hehehe… anyways, I alternate the videos, Denise one day and the next the WATP videos and just switch back and forth. The WATP provides a really nice easy exercise format to sort of rest up from the weight lifting in Denise Austens videos.

CIN – *grins* I have a habit of getting on a roll and then I don’t shut up heheheh I noticed my posts range from really short to reaaaaly long with no in between. I have to agree with you tho, that you just have to take one thing at a time and even the smallest change is definitely a difference!

Liz – Hey there it snowed up here as well in the mountains… so much rain tho, the first storm we had come through here put A LOT of snow up in the mountains, now they are talking about a second big storm coming through that’s a tropical storm. So that means warmer air and warmer rain. Meaning, that ton of snow that was placed is now going to melt. Those huge wild fires we had out here left the ground bare, which means we’re going ot have more flooding… sigh… never ending story it seems, first we get chased out of our homes because of the fires, and every year since we get chased out due to mud slides or floods. Hopefully it wont be as bad as they think… To top that off… we’ve had 3 big quakes here… well 3.3, 4.4 and a 3.6 all in a matter of hours out here… Mother Nature must really be having a rough year

Cathy - I’ll be anxiously awaiting your news on your exercise hehehe… I did a mile yesterday with WATP… I gotta find some more of those stretchie bands, some that are stronger tension. If that made sense heheh… good luck on your walk!

Schmoo – WELCOME and congratulations on the work out! I think I would be dead if I went to the gym that much I used to have a membership to 24 hour fitness, but I found myself dredding on going… course now I wish I still had it lol cause I wouldn’t mind using the tread-mill or the pool. Ah well… WELCOME tho

Lanee – Glad to see your post!

Joanne - hehehe

April – let us know how weigh in goes… I weigh in on Sunday’s… nothing but a roller coaster for me unfortunately… but I guess the good news is I’m gaining anything hehe.

Okie ladies… whats with all the rain? Hehehe… I’ve almost forgotten what the sun looks like. Rain and Snow… here I thought it was a pretty mild winter, guess Mother Nature is trying to make up for that.

I got a mile of walking in last night with WATP, tonight I have a date with Denise and my weights hehehe…

Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:26 PM   #11  
CIN

Hi all & welcome Newbies....we are delighted you joined in!

I didnt mean to sound critical of the long posts. I just dont always have time to "catch up" on all of them! Dont let it scare you off from posting longgggggggggggggggggggggg ones!

Had a good day off....watched my two grandsons a couple hours......5 & 6 yr old boys are always loads of fun and sooooo cute! They went around with old cell phones and head sets and pretended to be "FBI men"........after having 2 girls and 2 grandaughters I find boys facinatingly different! Theylove to go up in the attic for their "hide-out" too!

L:ater taters
Cin!~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:46 PM   #12  
Getting back on track!

Hi Everyone and Welcome to all our new friends!

I posted and lost it!!!!

Just wanted to say Hi. I will catch up tomorrow. I had a rough 2 days. Long story short, went to the doctor yesterday and then my truck broke down and I was stranded until after 7pm last night and to totally fix it will be about $600 but I am going with a temp fix for $145, I just cant use the air or defrost which should be fine for a little while. Anyway, keep me in your prayers, you are all always in mine.

Sweet dreams!
Love
Setina
Watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #13  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Today was nuts busy busy busy i had great stuff happen Interview MONDAY YAY! and its another place 5 min from my house I also got to schedule my driving lessons which have been long coming then i had 2big dissappointments today one about the walker which i realize will just be an ongoing saga so we're buying one tommorrow so i can walk into the interview
the other was transportation related
but it all ended up to some bad cheats and a mikes hard lemonade not a binge tho
I want to work on facing challenges and dissappointments without turning to food or negative self talk (lol i should make a be your own shrink kit)
anyway i'm off to bed soon and goign to work out after the contractor coems at 10
nite nite
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 12:51 AM   #14  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Everyone. I jsut skimed thru most of the posts. I just wanted to say Hi .

It was very cold here today and is 17 degrees here now .. It's COLD. They road are Icy and it is snowing AGAIN. I went to dethaw my car and there was ice an inch thick all over I had to go find the scraper and break thru it.

haven't worked out in 2 days but I have been doing cleaning and other things so I hope it helps.

I have to get up early tomorrow and do some running around so nite nite

Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:21 AM   #15  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Default Friday, January 7, 05

Hey Ladies,
I am going fix me a cup of coffee. I work today. Am I the first one up? Or just the first one posting??
Hey, did any one of ya'll see the movie White Chicks?? It was funny!!!
About 2 FBI Agents that were black men that had 2 look like 2 white women on a case. It was hilarious!!
I just fixed my coffee. Good!! And a cup of Yogurt to go with it!
I'll check in later or tomorrow. Think I will check out the web for a little while.
Take care everyone. And have a blessed day!! Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote