South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #1  

Default Taking Son To Lunch...Uh Oh

My son leaves for a semester in London tomorrow so I'm taking him out to run errands, etc, and do lunch -- he wants to go to Chili's. We usually inhale the chips and salsa there, so I will have to be especially good. Do you think I'm "stong" enough ladies to resist? The timing of this would have to happen during Phase 1

Also wanted to get suggestions on what to order. I'm thinking stick with a salad with grilled chicken, dressing on the side...Have any of you eaten lately at Chili's and have an approved SBD entree for me to order?

Many thanks...
Old 01-05-2005, 02:32 PM   #2  
Gotta move my Thang!

I haven't eaten there since I started the diet, I vaugely remember that they point out some entrees which are "Low carb friendly."

If not, though - your plan for the salad with the chicken is a good one - just remember to tell them not to bring croutons.

Solarmama
Old 01-05-2005, 02:33 PM   #3  

I haven't eaten there in some time but I took a look at their menu on their website. It looks like you could get their guiltless chicken platter as long as you skip the rice and have them substitute black beans for the corn on the cob. It also comes with steamed fresh veggies.

All of the chicken salads have something that is not allowed on phase 1: carrots, mandarin oranges, fried chicken, croutons, bacon, corn relish, etc. The best you could probably do with a salad is to go with the Grilled Chicken Caesar and skip the croutons and do the dressing on the side. I can't tell how much sugar is in the dressing based on their web site.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb has a great point...check the online site for restaurants before you go there...many are chock full of nut'l info! I also find that it helps me figure out what to bring with me, be it dressing, a WW tortilla, or WW pita bread.

North, I'm sure you'll do great...the fact that you're planning ahead means that this WOE is really important to you!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #5  
I found my hipbones!

Yipes! Chili's on Phase 1 is a hard one! I know that they just introduced a pick 2 grilled menu that you can probably choose from. There's chicken and shrimp (maybe steak, too...don't remember) to choose from, then I think it comes with veggies and mashed potatoes (maybe see if they'll substitute extra veggies for them). Salad might be your best bet, though.

For future reference, though, my favorite Phase 2 entrees there are citrus fire chicken and shrimp (can have this served on its own or with makings for fajitas) and the steak and portobello fajitas. I've also had the lettuce wraps that are listed as appetizers as my main course; they'd be phase 2 because there are shredded carrots in them. I really like the peanut sauce that comes with them, though I wouldn't place any bets on whether there's sugar in it or not.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:54 PM   #6  

Thank you all for the tips. And, Barb, I appreciate that you went to Chili's website(didn't even think of that...) You are so very sweet and thoughtful.

As it turns out, my son changed his mind and wanted to eat at Champps and they have a carb-friendly section. So I had the salmon and grilled vegetables. The salmon had a maple walnut dressing in a butter dollop on top, which was to-die-for, but I scraped most of it off...Maybe in Phase 2?

Thank you for the great support. This board has so many wonderful, caring people. I'm happy I found you all. With support like this, it makes me think I can really do this!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:57 PM   #7  

Also, we do go to Chili's maybe once a month or so and your menu suggestions I've written down. I will definitely wait until Phase 2 though. No sense dangling forbidden food (chips & salsa) too soon in the process. I know that once I start to see results, I will not want to blow it. Thanks, again...Grace
Old 01-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #8  

Without question, you can really do it, Grace!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Grace, I'm so glad it went well!

And yes, we all can do this, especially with the kind of support you find around here!
Closed Thread