Support Groups - Desperate Housewives #5 WEDNESDAY HUMPDAY!!

mompen
01-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/3cutecows.jpg

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 19 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

treasaigh
01-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi ladies, hi Penny - how's that eye?

Jeniqua - I'm so sorry your DH is sick! Is there anyone who can take you to the hospital to see him? I know you wish you could be there - I'll keep him in my prayers today.

Crystal - I'm very impressed with your gain - 25 lbs is awesome! I hope you're sleeping better. Hugs to you.

Roxy - hi!!

I hope we hear some good news from Jill soon.

Chris - glad you got the tape (sorry it took me a while to send it!) and I hope you like it - I really liked Hilary's manner and style - the fact that she has four children inspired me, too.

Melissa - keep your chin up - fatigue is a big eating trigger for me, too. Still learning how to deal with that. Hope you're having a better day today.

Hi Michelle, Deanna, Kristin, Geri, Cyndi, Ricci!!

My DD is so sick - coughing, runny nose and eyes. She's miserable. Lots of TLC and TV time today. And of course, in anticipation of getting the cold, DH is acting pitiful and doing lots of whining. WHAT is THAT?!? Aargh.

I did okay yesterday on my eating. Okay, I had a swig of a milkshake, but not much. Still, better, relatively speaking. I hope you are all doing well today.

:grouphug:

melmcc99
01-05-2005, 08:12 AM
Morning Tracy! Sorry to hear dd is so sick. I pray that everyone gets well and stays that way.

Hey Penny, I see you started a thread at 3am, so I bet you are sleeping still!

Jeniqua, I am so sorry to hear about your dh. I hope he is well soon! Prayers go out to you and your family. Don't worry about the pics. You get them in when you can. I think we will all understand.

As far as THE BIGGEST LOSER last night. I Love MOE, but I do think that he didn't work as hard and didn't push as hard as the other three, so I think it was the right choice. I know he is large and all and it's harder for him to work, but he is so big, he should have lost more. He admitted he could have stepped it up a bit before now. But I think the other three are the top percentage in there loss and they ARE the biggest losers, so they should have there shot at it. Ok, enough about that.

No gym for me today, I have to bring the car to be repaired and get the rental. It's raining here, but not very cold, so I might just run some errands. bbl

mamawithdreams
01-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Good morning. Wanted to check in real quick before I have to get started on breakfast. We're staying home all day the temp is suppose to start dropping and it's going to get cold. Anyways, didn't sleep great but what's new, right?

Penny, my water has never broke on it's own, they've always had to break it. Not to say it won't this time, but I don't think it's likely. I know she'll come when she's ready, I'll keep her just the way she is as long as she needs me to I suppose.

So today, we'll school and I'll keep working on ebay, looking for things for the new house as well as putting some more things on there to sell, hopefully. I'll try to check in later.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hello to all of you desperate housewives.
TTYL

1hot_tomato
01-05-2005, 09:39 AM
Good Morning!
Listen.....do you hear that? What, nothing? That's right!!! School's back in session. Yahoooooo! Older boys are out too, and the babies and DH are still sleeping. I've had my shower and currently sipping on coffee. I feel almost human again! This seems to have been a longer school break than normal. I finished making Michaela's Christmas present, a magic cabin doll. Took me three days! That's what she wanted. Now they all want one. Thank goodness I have more time for that. It is chilly this morning with a temp of -5. Brrrr! Have to get movin'.

Crystal- you are doing so well on your pregnancy this time, bless your heart. You will feel so good afterwards too, and the weight loss will be great! Isn't that almost like magic the day or two after the baby comes and the scale goes down 30 pounds? I wish that would happen all the time!

Mel-well...did you weigh yourself this morning yet? I bet this will be THE WEEK! Really! Hope your car repair will not be so hideously expensive! Gasp! I will try to send you some sun.

Tracy- good grief everyone is sick! I hope your dd is feeling better soon! Glad you are keeping on track and doing good!

Penny-love the cute graphics you are always coming up with! Where do you find them? Hope you are having a great day!

Jeniqua-I was lying in back last night praying for all of those who needed prayers and I didn't forget your dh. I hope he is better. Don't you have anyone who can help you? At least there's the phone. Try to keep well yourself, hopefully dh will get out today. :crossed:

Well I better go and start some LAUNDRY. I heard some grumbling about being out of underwear yesterday, so back to the grind for me! I think I'll make some soup today for supper. I'll put it on the woodburning stove and it will go all day. Yum! TTYL

~Roxy

melmcc99
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Hey Crystal! Ya never know about that water breakin. Keep a towel handy girl!

ROxy, Iwish it was quiet here too. Whiney morning here for my two. I didn't check the scale, because I ate like a Pig yesterday! This morning, I ate two poptarts and will never do that again. they were 200 calories each ...YIKES!!! I usually eat Yogurt that is 160 Calories.....I couldn't believe it. I would have to work out like nuts for 40 minutes to get rid of it and I can't today, because of the car situation. The car estimate was 2700, but we only have to pay 500 deductible. Thank goodness for insurance! Anyway, what kind of doll is that. Can you send us a pic? I'd be interested in seeing it.

mamawithdreams
01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Roxy, you've got that right. Even if no weight or not more than the baby comes off afterwards, the day and two after having the baby feel awesome. In fact, no matter how much weight comes off you feel like the thinnest person ever. It is a great feeling. And I'm hoping since I've only gained 25 pounds that most of that will be gone soon, usually since I gain so much barely a portion of that comes off.
Anyways,
Mel, I'll keep a handy towel, but I don't think my water will break, I really wouldn't know what to do if it did. I'm sure I could figure it out.
Okay, we're gonna start school shortly. Gotta go.

mompen
01-05-2005, 11:08 AM
Hi Ladies!

Sorry I didn't post this morning...

I was up, dressed and out the house with all the kids at 7:50 this morning... :D Go Me! LOL

I brought Hunter to school for 8 and was doing aerobics by 8:45am. So I'm home now and starving... :)

REMEMBER YOUR H2O today for the challenge, ladies!!!

Mel,
What's wrong with the car??? Hope you have a good day!

Crystal,
I know you are miserable honey :( Hang in there :)

Roxy,
Yum soup sounds goooodd! I am gonna grab some for lunch now :D What kind are you making???

Tracy,
Hope dd is feeling better soon!

Well it is a beautiful day here in Louisiana... 69temp :) So all the windows are open and we are gonna hang outside!

TTYL!

chrily
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Good morning ladies..
Penny-I'm moving to your house. It's too cold here. 5 below zero.

Roxy-Are you the laundress princess today too? I swear it never ends. What is a magic cabin doll? Soup sounds good, actually great. Maybe that's what I'll make for dinner too. Or maybe some stew. It's cold and I want some "comfort" food.

Crystal-I gained a ton of weight with Tiana and Kayla. With Nicole, I only gained 16 lbs. I spent the first few months sick but I walked every other day with my sisters when we took the kids to swimming lessons so that really helped me out. And I stayed away from the fast food. With Tiana, I always had cravings for Whoppers and hot dogs w/relish. I hate hot dogs! Kayla and Nicole were weird. I was craving oranges and lemonade. And I filled up with alot of both. Do you have any foods that you just can't live without right now?

Jeniqua-How is your dh doing today? I hope he's feeling better. I included him and Bayley in my prayers last night. Looks like we'll have to add Tracey's kids too. Darn the cold and flu season.

Melissa-Glad your deductible was only $500. Gotta love insurance huh? Yes, I am drinking my water today.

Tracey-Guys are babies when they're sick. That's my opinion... :lol: I had to do a double-take when you said you were proud of the 25 lb. weight gain. I forgot who you were talking to...duh! :lol:

Okay back to the laundry monster lurking in the basement. Then I better finds me some breakfast. My tummy is growling.

~chris

MichelleRae
01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

My girls seem to be feeling better thank god. Rowdy as ever this morning. Their noses are still a bit stuffy but the fevers seem to be gone.

Crystal, with Taylor my water broke about halfway through my labor (I was induced) and I thought I was peeing the bed with Teagan I was induced as well then they couldn't trace the baby on the monitor so they broke my water and again I thought I was peeing the bed lol but when they broke my water they attached an internal monitor to her head so they could trace her properly. I only gained about 10 lbs with Teagan and Taylor I gained about 70 lbs! I was diabetic with Taylor though. Can't wait to see pics of your new little one!

Mel, don't feel bad, just hop back on the wagon. Thanks for all the advice yesterday, I got the vapor plugs and they seemed to have helped out quite a bit and they had a vapor bath last night. Its only about 5 degrees out here so we're staying in today and watching Mary Poppins at the moment.

Penny, you busy girl you, what do you have planned for today?

Tracy I hope you dd starts feeling better, poor kiddo!! It seems we are passing their illnesses around the board lol.

Well I'm happy to report that as of today I am down 3.5 lbs and am now at 213.5!! Yayyyyy!! I'm sooo excited for weigh in on Sunday!! I haven't cheated at all and I feel sooo good!

Well I'm gonna try and get some housework done while the kiddos are watching Mary Poppins (Mary Hoppins, as taylor calls it).
TTYL!!

chrily
01-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Roxy-I just looked up Magic Cabin dolls on the internet. Oh my gosh...they are sooo cute. I want one...I might have to order me a kit or the patterns. Too adorable.

~chris

MichelleRae
01-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Chris I didn't forget you lol sorry I just got in a rush, its pretty cold here too, but again, we have the mountains boxing us in so it stays a bit warmer. I hope you have a great day!! Oh yeah tom came to visit me too so I know how you are feeling ;)

chrily
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Michelle-Oh come on...I thought I was the only one ready to "kill" this week. :lol: I am a real moody person when TOM comes. Dh told me last night, he can't wait til this is over. I hope I'm not THAT bad.

BTW-Glad your little girls are feeling better. Other than the flu over the weekend, they seem to be their usual selfs.

~chris

Bayleysmom
01-05-2005, 01:20 PM
HI ladies, still in the hospital but I had to come home to get some sleep and to shower. As you can probably guess I'm a mess. I get worse with no sleep so for the past 30 minutes that I have been home I have been crying my eyes out. However it's so nice to see all of your posts and prayers, it makes me feel better. I'm just so overwhelmed and she was doing better and then last night her oxygen levels weren't as high as they had been and she keeps getting fevers. Doc says he doesn't want us to go home till she has 24 hours without a fever so that's at least another day now since she had one this morning. I know she will be ok one of these days but the longer it goes on the more I start getting bad thoughts in my head. She seems to be doing ok as far as her attitude and stuff. As long as she doesn't have a fever she's talking and playing and being a little goof as always so that it a good sign. She's always been such a good baby and to have an IV in her head and an oxygen and heart rate monitor on her toe and still be having a good time, you know she's a trooper. Anyway I need to go rest so I'm not a complete mess when I get back. Sorry to hear about everyone else's sicknesses too, it just sucks. Keep the prayers coming I think they are working. Love you guys

1hot_tomato
01-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Peekin' in,

Chris- Yes, you got it. Those magic cabin dolls are just adorable! Micky had the 16" playmate fair with blond hair. I can't afford to buy one so I just had to make one. I was surprised how wonderful it turned out. My first doll project. You do have to know how to sew. I will post pictures of it later when I have some one to help me resize them with me. I know what I'll be doing later this year making at least four more dolls!! Even the fourteen yr. old wants one, can you beat that?! For you others, till I post the pics. the site is www.magiccabin.com under dolls, and doll kits. I have to say I had a ball making this.

Michelle- Oh those mountains sound so beautiful! We have friends in Colorado that send us pictures all the time. Gorgeous! Glad that the girls are feeling better today. WTG on the 3.5 lbs.!! :cheer: even a little bit of weight off does feel soooo good!

Penny- we have soup like once a week. Cause it's economical and good for you. Today's soup of the day is green bean. No wait! It's really good. In fact, most of my children say it's their favorite. It's a german dish that goes back two generations in my family. Beef chunks, potatoes, green beans, all flavored with summer savory and salt and pepper. I'll make some french bread to go along with it. Done! This soup does cook all day and you can make it in the crockpot if you like.

Crystal- I have a feeling you are really going to do well this time, getting the weight off. you will probably be under 200 before you even have to start. So, I think you will do great!

Mel-pop tarts! The bain of breakfasts, as we know it!!! I love those things too! I won't even buy them, poison for me. Glad the insurance will pick up most of the cost of that fender bumper.

I have to set my bread real quick, and get dh lunch ready bbl.

~Roxy

mompen
01-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Jill,
I am sooo sorry to hear Bay is still in the hospital! When I saw your post, I just knew you were home today... :( But I know they are taking very good care of her... Just hard to see your baby in the hospital. We are all here for you and sending out prayers and love to Bayley!!

I know this is the last thing you want to think about, but I took pictures of Andrew when he went in the hospital.... Even though it is bad memories... it was still part of him. :)

Michelle,
Thanks for flying with me! My house looks 100% better!!! Nice feeling! Glad the girls are feeling better today!!!

Chris,
Louisiana is has crazy weather... One day it is freezing then the next it is 90...lol My hubby is the same way about tom. I am a real B@&$% at that time...lol

Well my house is clean, the gym is done, and I am back to the books :( I closed them out but it looks like I have some errors so now I am weeding back through the files.....lol Human Error???..... Me?? Imagine that...lol

Ok I'll check back later on! HAVE A GREAT DAY!

mompen
01-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Roxy,
Sorry I missed your post.... The soup sounds great!

I ended up having a smart ones :( It was faster....lol

Hope you have a good day!

mompen
01-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Ok Last post.....lol

Roxy,
Here is the addy to the page where I get alot of my graphics :)

"Emma's Fun Stuff"

http://community-2.webtv.net/EMMA3/EmmasFunStuff/index.html

chrily
01-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Roxy,
I have a pattern for a soft-sculpture doll. It is adorable. I'll have to make some copies of it for you. I made 5 of them last year for Christmas for my girls and my nieces. I have another one too that I haven't tried yet. Let me know...and I can get you copies. They are too cute.

Penny-I'm glad I'm not the only one who can get B&%$#y every month. I'm usually not that bad but I ran out of my BC pills and didn't refill them. I was worried about getting Christmas taken care of. Let me tell you though. I"m refilling them next weekend. :lol:

~chris

Deana1113
01-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey Girls!

I'm still with power, so I'll post real quick. We are still getting freezing rain, the 2nd round of it, so no telling how long it may be before the power lines start coming down. There are lots of people without power in Kansas and Western Missouri, so we never know.

Jill: Great to hear that Bayley is doing better. She'll be home and back to her old self in no time. Gets some rest sweetie!

Roxy: My evil twin!!! i still love that :D . Soup does sound good. Those dolls are adorable but I have a real tomboy that doesn't play with dolls much at all.

Crystal: Glad everything is going well today. Allison will be here before you know it.

Penny: You busy, busy woman you!!!

Tracy: Sorry to hear about the illness at your house too. Sorry but I have to say I have the exact opposite with my dh, he gets sick and I can't keep him down to rest :rolleyes: Hope everyone feels better soon.

Jeniqua: Soooo sorry to hear your dh is in the hospital! Hope he gets home soon. I think I would find a way to be with him come **** or high water! Good luck.

Michelle: :bravo: on the 3.5 pounds! Even with TOM there that's awesome!!! I'm still thinking about a prize at the end if you wanna race to Onederland. If you come up with an idea let me know, I'm open to suggestions. ;)

Chris: Hope tom leaves your house soon, of course he'll be headed here soon too so I'm with ya on the b@$%&y syndrome :lol3:

Mel: Hoep they get the car fixed soon. I hate having a rental, especially with kids. You don't want to chance getting it dirty with the thought that they may charge you to clean it :lol: . Insurance is great! Eating like a pig?!?!?!?! WHAT were you thinking??? You are soooooo close to Onederland :drill: Ok, I'm done yelling......do the same to me when I get that close and screw it up ;) . You'll be there soon, keep it up girlie!!! You have worked sooooo hard to get this far.

Well, back to my painting. My pictures should be back at Walmart today but damned if I'm going out to get them!!! I'll try to get there tomorrow if the roads are clear so I can post pics of skinnier me and my vases. They are supposed to be putting them online and a cd too but it's the first time I have ever done them that way and have no clue if I can get to them now or not. Anyone know?

I'll try to check back later.

TTYL

chrily
01-05-2005, 07:00 PM
TOM gets around... :lol:
Just checkin in before I make dinner. I was doing really good and now I have a headache. Maybe its stress...hmmm.

Okay, I'll check back later when I have something more important to say. I'm helping Tiana with her book report project. They have to "advertise" their book on a cereal box. The front of the box is the title and author and a picture. The back is supposed to be 2 scenes from the book and the side has the characters and brief descriptions. The other side is a list of reasons for reading the book. It's funner than writing out a whole boring report.

~chris

Deana1113
01-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi :wave: all!

Just stopping in to let you all know we still have power YEAHHHHH!!!!!! I'm really surprised. My clothesline is hanging so low it's unreal! The storm has moved out though so hopefully the roads won't be bad tomorrow. Kids were out of school today and I keep checking on it for tomorrow, no word yet.

I'll keep in touch.

TTYL

Deana1113
01-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Michelle: I am soooooo sorry I forgot to tell you earlier that I'm gald to hear Taylor is feeling better today. I really didn't mean to skip that, just been busy trying to entertain kids and keep things going with crossed fingers that we keep power. Love ya girl!!!

SwimFan
01-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi I saw Desperate Housewives and said this place is for me...lol. Anyways a little about me. I am Starla mother to Christoffer 9 (soon to be 10 this month) and Tayler 8yrs. Been married for 12yrs to my dh who is in the Coast Guard. I have always been a little over weight, unfortunately after the kids were born I never lost the weight so now I need to loose it all.
I tried many different diets none but WW was working for me. I never renewed my thing there after my mom died so right now Iam doing things on my own.
Its about portion control, working out daily (still working on that) cutting things out like soda, and drinking lost of water. I need support and encouragement to continue I get ver depressed when I see the weight go up or stay the same.

I am hopping that I have come to the right place to get it and also to help others out!!
Good luck ladies and keep the good work up!! ;)

mompen
01-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Gonna Start A New Thread For Thursday!