View Poll Results: (Spot the bitterness here!) Is your computer ....
Your personal organiser? 0 0%
Your workmate? 8 40.00%
Your friend? 9 45.00%
An evil sentient being committed to destroying your life, soul, and dignity? 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 06:41 AM   #1  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Good morning, ladies!

Actually not that good because the evil computer has eaten the file with the half a chapter of my thesis I've been working on ... says it's infected AND the backup is infected and so I am waiting for the computer officer to come and tell me he can rescue it (please God). I am not a happy bunny.

YIPPEE! on all the fab losses yesterday - I can't remember all offhand but Kim and Kay, I def remember yours. HUZZAH EVERYONE!!!

Anyway, I am going to go and rock silently back and forth in a corner until I find out whether I will ever see my work again ...

Hugs
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-10-2001, 06:51 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default oops - i started one too!

hey lolly, i just started a thread as well, but don't worry, it's all deleted now and i'll save my most interesting poll (on toilets) until another day...if i remember it!

Morning girls,
Guess what? I've got an on-screen audition for that job as a weather girl! Sorry, I mean broadcast meteorologist. Any advice/tips would be more than welcome - and what on earth am I going to wear?!!?! It's on the 23rd May - eek!!!
Oh, and I've just discovered there's another bank holiday weekend coming up at the end of the month and train fares are being halved, so I reckon BF and I are going to go for another dirty weekend somewhere. Possibly Brighton (south coast of England) or Wales.
Hope you are all having a good day too! If not, it's almost the weekend.
Kirsty
Old 05-10-2001, 07:26 AM   #3  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Computer is my friend....in fact one of my bests!

Lolly I hope they figure out what is wrong with puter, and fix it promptly +++vibes and no damage done!!!

Kirsty Good for you for getting audition!! You can do it, good luck!

I am sick Throat is sore, sniffles, head hurts so I wont be posting much today. Congrats to all who had losses YAY!

(hugs)

Angie
Old 05-10-2001, 08:53 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty - sorry about the evil computer problems this morning. Good luck with the rescue attempt.

Lolly - Congrats on the audition. Good luck - I know you'll do great!! That would be so fantastic!

Angie (hug) - I hope you feel better. Drink plenty of water.

BRENDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew they could do it!! And did you see my boy got the game winning goal! I'll email you - I don't want to bore the rest of the ladies!

I had the most amazing 4 point breakfast! I woke up early this morning (never happens - maybe 3x a year) and decided I'd treat myself to an omlett. I had those egg beaters egg substitute. One container is 1 point (or maybe 2, it's 60 calories, no fat). I cut up green and red peppers, added tomato sauce and turkey pepperonis and had a pizza omlett (no cheese - but I couldn't tell the difference). Hormel makes turkey pepperonis and 17 are 2 points. I only used 8. anyway, delicious!

Then, when I got to work I went to the caff to get a diet coke and they had their famous cinnamon apple coffee cake. I LOVE that stuff and usually break down and get in any time they make it... and I almost did. But I've estimated it to be about 8 points - and today I just kept walking. Not easy.

Ladies - have an awesome day!

Lisa
Old 05-10-2001, 09:07 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default i'm kirsty and she's lolly

lisa - i think you've had a people swap! i'm the audition girl, and lolly is the computer hater...
well done on avoiding the yummy cake!
Old 05-10-2001, 09:11 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default lolly - how's it going?

ps lolly - any joy on the computer yet?
Old 05-10-2001, 09:47 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Lolly ~ Hang in there, your info will be saved!!!

Kirsty ~ That is awesome about your interview! That would be such a fun job! Good luck

Angie ~ I hope you feel better soon, my mom, DH and DS have had a cold/allergies, not sure what it is, but it has been awful for them. Get lots of rest

Lisa ~ Way to pass up the coffee cake, I don't think I could have been so willpowered! Your omette sounds wonderful, will ya make me one?

Well, eating and exercise for me, have been awful, and now I have TOM, so I haven't weighed in for 3 weeks, and can't imagine what the scales say. I have to regroup and get into a routine again, my eating has been out of control!! I am beginning to journal again today, with a brand new journal, and I am going to walk over my lunch hour, whether it is raining or not! I have got to get these last 5 pounds off!

Work is pretty quiet today and tomorrow, all of my colleagues are gone to a conference.

DH and I decided to back out of buying the land we were negotiating. We both found that we weren't that excited about it, and we had many more cons than pros, so, always go with your gut, and we backed out, I feel relieved, I know it was the right decision. So, now we are back to square one, but on the up side, our banker recommended a really good realtor that she guarantees with find us exactly what we want. So, hopefully in the next 6 months or so, we will have what we want.

I have to make an appointment with a photographer today, it has been 3 1/2 years since we have had a family portrait done, and our son is only 2 1/2, so that tells ya that we have no family pictures with him in it! I am terrible!!

Well, have I rambled on long enough! I am sure many of you have posted by now, so whoever I missed, a big "Hi" to ya!

See ya a little later.....
Old 05-10-2001, 10:27 AM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Default Kirsty - or whichever girl with a funky accent you are... ;)

congrats on the audition!! Very cool!!! !!!

Tonya - you probably made a good decision about the land, if you aren't that excited, don't do it....

Lisa - good job on walking away from the yummy caf temptations....!!!

Lolly, I find rocking under my desk in fetal position works really well!!! Of course, I have a real office with a door (albeit transparent) so I can moan as well!! Good luck with that....

Angie - feel better!!

Well, I better get some work done. B/f is out of town today so I won't get any emails from him . I haven't had any alone time wiht him in weeks. I though last night, but his sister didn't leave until 11pm. He promised me tonite.

Have any of you just ever been sad for no apparant reason? I was just sad last night. I couldn't even get into the hochmagandy (I know, too much info) b/c of my sadness, I just wanted to cry. It was like PMS but I have none. I felt really disconnected. Its not as bad today, and b/f was making an effort to give much affection this morning, but still...something is weird about me.....maybe just everything that has been going on, combined with lack of sleep, catching up with me....

Anyway, adios amigos!

Belle
Old 05-10-2001, 11:13 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Default My mood...

I think I know what it is. It just occured to me.

I think its b/c even though the weird stalker guy that sent me flowers and kept phoning me was a freak, he was still someone who thought I was special, and althougha bit unnerving, he made me feel special, and wanted. I think that is somethign that I am dealing with with my current b/f. like, I am just a biding his time thing, and there is nothing particularly special about me for him (read: in the journal entry he wrote there was no spark, no butterflies, but here is this guy from first year university, who hardly knows me but is falling hard for me, for no apparant reason!!).

I guess the attention he gave me, though a bit weird, was nice for a change, I wasn't trying to get his attention, or giving him attention, he just came to me b/c he gets butterflies when he thinks of me.

Maybe he came into my life for a reason. I think I have some serious soul searching to do....

WOW that was deep....

On with the work (blech!)
Old 05-10-2001, 11:21 AM   #10  
flibbertobbergenie!

Default YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Nice computer officer came and rescued my chapter so now I have no excuse not to be getting on with it ... BOO. Very very relieved - you have no idea how much I was dreading having to rewrite all that work. But now I won't have to! It was a virus called Romeo apparently, nasty little blighter.

Belle - sorry you're feeling down. Did you get to talk to the flowers guy? You sound a bit confused about him and BF and everything. I wish there was something I could say to help. I think it all comes down to you and how you value yourself, and you're a fab girl, we ALL know that, so pur-leeeeeeease try not to give so much weight to what those blokes think - concentrate on YOUR picture of you. Like that kitty who looks in the mirror and sees a lion!

hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-10-2001, 11:23 AM   #11  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Busy Thursday

I'm only working a few hours today so I can drive to my friend's wedding shower! It's 3 hours away, and I need to be there by 7! I was getting ready for work this morning when I was called to a fire ...so I haven't showered or anything. Yuck. I threw on some jeans, put my hair in a ponytail, no makeup. I haven't even packed yet, and I still have to buy the tequila for the shower gift.

Yes, tequila! I decided to get them the fixin's for making margaritas. Two pretty glasses, mix in a cute little bag, a scented candle, all in a little picnic basket. If they don't like it, tough. I think it's cool.

I'll worry about the wedding present tomorrow!

I got myself all depressed last night, though. I was feeling really good about my loss so I decided to go try on some clothes. Big mistake. Nothing fit. It's been really difficult for me to buy clothes while I'm overweight because I'm so short (with a 36D chest) and they don't make petite clothes in size 18! (I've found only one pair of pants that I wear the heck out of.) I was hoping I had gone done a size, but nope. Still tight. And nearly all the XL shirts I tried on looked awful. (The plus-size stuff was AWFUL. And it's too big for me.). I bought one sleeveless shirt in XL that looked OK. I also think the mirrors in the Target dressing room are evil!

Anyway, Belle, I know about depression for no reason, believe me. I think it's par for the course when you're in your 20s. Stress does funny things to the body ... I'm convinced it added to my weight gain. I read somewhere once that your body compensates for stress, and that your metabolism can slow down. I'm SURE that's what happened to me a few years ago when Brian and I were going through a really bad time. Hang in there!

Kirsty: Congrats on the audition! That sounds fun!

Well, I have to do a little work so I can get out of here.
Old 05-10-2001, 11:24 AM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI all.. I am totally exausted. I am working on only a couple hours of sleep. Emma was up all night. She is now on 3 meals (of baby food) and I think she had too much gas buildup because she is miserable. Poor girl! Hubby is home with her... he is tired too!

Belle... glad you figured it out. I get sad too, but there is always a reason when I think about it!

Tonya... always go with your heart. Hubby and I are investigating land, but not ready to buy. Maybe in another year or so. We bought our house brand new, but really want a house on land.... right now we have a huge yard, just under an acre.

Lolly... kick the computer in the hard drive!!

Kirsty... YOU GO GIRL! Being on TV would be cool!

Tilley... I make omelets often... I also use egg whites!!

Angie... get better soon!

HELLLOOOO to everyone else that hasn't popped in yet!! Have a great day... I need sleep!
Old 05-10-2001, 11:47 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Stalker guy

the guy that sent me flowers turned out to be a guy from university who I hardly knew. I ran into him a few weeks ago, meant nothing to me,and then he sent flowers (denies the voodoo though). He called me to ask me if I got them...asked me for coffee. I explained I had a b/f and he said we should meet plantonically and see if we "click" that he'd thought of me for years and didn't want me to get away again now that he found me....

He called me at home twice as well, and kept emailing me until I finally said LOOK I am not going to meet you. Ever. and he said, if I ever get out of my present relationshiop to phone him b/c he woudl treat me like gold.

And it was weird and stalker like and obsessive. But it was someone who really wanted me for ME. and not if he felt like it, or on any conditions....you know??

Lolly, Iknow you are right, i should not have mood adjustments b/c of how some guy treats me. You are so right.

Kim - I think you are right about stress - there is lots right now for me, and I just got sad!! Maybe St. John's wort would help, but hopefully it'll go away in a few days.

The only thing is, I want chocolate!! Yikes....

Anyway, I guess the bottom line is I need to really think about what I want and what makes me happy....

Thanks for listening all of you!!

Belle
Old 05-10-2001, 11:50 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Kim - we have petite 18s at addition elle up here - I wear them all the time, but I am 5'7 and they fit me, so they would be long on you, you little girl!!

Anyway, don't be depressed, you rock!! Taht loss was awesome!

B
Old 05-10-2001, 11:57 AM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Tonya - have fun with the family portraits!

Kirsy and Lolly - SO SORRY I got you two confused. It was early. Forgive me?

Belle - That's what get's me. You're 5'7" and petites fit you! SO what in the **** are us 4'11" girls supposed to do? It's hieght discrimintation I tell you!

Hi Jen-L and Kim!!!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread