Support Groups - Desperate Housewives #4 Tuesday "PRAYERS FOR BAYLEY"

mompen
01-04-2005, 02:01 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/mompen/angelsarewatching.jpg

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

PLEASE GIVE BAYLEY SOME PRAYERS TODAY!

MichelleRae
01-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Hey ladies

Jill, just want you to know that I'm thinking of you girly, you can give me a call if you want, if my phone works that is lol, I dropped it in a puddle and it needs to dry out. I'll leave you some IM's though. Oh btw, do you have a doctors kit for B? That was one thing that I packed when Tay was in the hosp. with Pneumonia/rsv she liked that she could "be" a doctor and the doctors were amazed that I thought to make her comfortable by doing that. Just an Idea even though I'm sure you are spinning from exhaustion and worry. I'm thinking of you!

I'm still up with Taylor, she's not feeling too hot, she has a fever that will not come down despite cold compresses and 2 doses of tylenol. I'm a bit worried about her but I'm sure she'll be fine. So it seems that illness is making its rounds amongst our children. I hope they all make a full recovery.

Geri great to see a post from you!! I hope you are doing well!! How are those little sweethearts of yours?

Penny that is awesome about how much money you've raised!! Way to go!! I'm so proud of you!!

Well, I'm gonna curl up next to Taylor my lil punkin and try and sleep! I hope you all have a great day!

Love to all!!
Michelle

treasaigh
01-04-2005, 07:33 AM
Oh Jill, I know it's so scary, but I'm glad she'll be getting monitored around the clock. I'll be praying for you both.

Everyone else - I'm so tickled to see how motivated we all are!! As soon as my oatmeal settles, I'm gonna work out and write down my meals for the day. It's still wonderful here - mid to upper 60's, so lots of playing to do outside.

I'll try to get back and get personal later. :grouphug:

mamawithdreams
01-04-2005, 07:52 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good morning ladies. Sorry I was mia yesterday but I did lurk around a bit. I just had so much going on. Not only did we start back at school, I've just been staying so busy with the house stuff because it's getting close to the time to pick out certain fixtures and such and I'm so afraid I'm gonna get stuck having this baby and not be able to do some of it.

Jill, you and Bayley are so in my prayers. It was almost 3 months ago when I had Andrew in the hospital with pnemonia so I totally understand what you're going through. They will take great care of her and you or at least I hope they do, they did with me and Andrew. Please get some rest, you need it for her and you and hold her close and pray to God to give you the strength to get through this. It has to be the hardest thing ever to have a sick baby. Keep us informed.

Penny, wtg on the fundraiser. When is the walk? You should feel so proud of yourself and you do seem to be really motivated this new year. WTG.

Mel, oh you are so close to onderland, in fact, you probably are already there this morning, I'll wait to read your post.

Jeniqua, you sound like you are doing well. Hope things continue to go well for you this new year.

Hello Michelle, Deana, Chris, Steph, Sherry, Geri and all you other desperate housewives. Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? She had the cast of Desperate Housewives on and it was a really good one.

Well, notice that I go to the doc today and notice that I have 28 days left til my due date but I'm determined to have this baby early. I'm to the point that I almost feel like I can't go on with this pregnancy anymore. I'm actually that miserable, there are NO words to express how miserable I am but then again I feel bad to complain because I know the final result is oh so worth it.
Anyways, I've got to get things going for school and do some more computer work. I'll try to check in sometime today.
TTYL

melmcc99
01-04-2005, 07:59 AM
Good Morning!

JIll............Prayers to Bayley and you!!!! I Hope she's doing much better this a.m. You must be soooo tired!! How long do they think she will be there? Poor little thing. I remember hospital stay with Abigail and Patrick of course. It's so crazy, because of all the people coming in and out. But you always know they are helping. Hugs to you.

bobsgal
01-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Jill- I'm praying for Bayley. Hope she gets better real soon. You take care of yourself too.
Steph

mompen
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone!

Jilly Bean,
I am thinking of you this morning! Lots of feel better vibes coming your way!
:grouphug: :sorry: (((feel better vibes)))

Michelle,
I sure hope Tay is feeling better this morning! There is nothing worse than when your child is sick :(

Mel,
How is everyone in your neck of the woods? Training today??

Steph,
How are you doing this morning?

Tracy,
I know it is exciting to get a fresh start!

Crystal,
Hope everything goes w/ with the dr. Do they check for dilation there??

Well we are staying outside most of the day today... Just too darn pretty not too......

I'll check in later! TTYL!

MichelleRae
01-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Good Morning Girls!

Jill, I'm still thinking of you! I hope Bayley is getting better fast.

Penny, Taylor is still sick her temp is still over 101. We give a bolust dose of motrin and tylenol when the fever first comes on and then we alternate Tylenol every 4 hours and motrin every 6. Teagan had a fever of 104.6 last week for 2 days it went up and down, so we'll see how Taylor does. Any plans for today?

Mel, are you in onederland yet? I'm sure you are!! All your hard work is paying off big time!! If you called yesterday I'm sorry but I dropped my friggen phone in a puddle so it needs to dry out, I still can't get it to power on grrrrr!!

Crystal, I hope your doctors visit goes well, I'm sure it will!

Tracy, you keep bragging about those temps down there!! It was only 13 degrees here last night Brrrrrrr!! I'll trade you for just one day lol!! I have to wait for my meds to digest then I can have some breakfast, I'm going to have some oatmeal and a grapefruit with splenda. I gotta fill in my journal too. I hope you have a great day!!

Well, I'm gonna get my day started, I need to do some running around and get more ear covers for our thermometer, and something to put Taylors Barbies in so the dogs don't chew them up. I hope you all have a great day!

MichelleRae
01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Hey Girls!

Deana may be MIA for a few days, they are expecting an ice storm so she is off collecting supplies and getting her home ready in case it hits. If she loses power she won't be back until they get it up and running :) Stay warm Deana!!

This has been a public service announcement, You will now return to your regularly scheduled postings ;)

BIGtimeLOSER
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
To say to Jill that my prayers are also with Bayley! Also I am praying for strength and peace that surpasses all understanding for you because she WILL be JUST fine!! It's sometimes harder on us as parents that it is the little ones, they are tough stuff!! Love to you and the family!! ((((Jill))))

Busy week here, but I am getting my eating habits in check as we speak. I think I need to challenge myself and reward myself with something. Why isn't better health ever a good enough reward???? LOL!!

Love to you all, time to get back to work!

Cindi

need2losemore
01-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Jill, you and Bayley are in my thoughts and prayers. I know she will get better soon.
Hi to everyone. I just got on here real quick to scan the posts. I am off to do some cleaning now, and hopefully will be back exercising tomorrow. My new years resoulution is to eat healthier, though I am not sure how that will go. Keep up the good work everyone. You all are so motivated.

mompen
01-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Howdy,

Michelle,
I sure hope Taylor is feeling better real soon!

Deana,
We are thinking of you!

Cindi,
You are getting back into the groove and I know you are gonna do awesome!

Ricci,
How is everything going there?

Hubby and I went to eat at Subway and I am just stuffed! I am gonna get some things done around the house then go get Hunter from school!

Hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!

melmcc99
01-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey all, back from the gym, but not much done. ONly the challange and then I took bugga to a mommy and me gymnastic class for free. there were sick kids inthe nursery and I didn't want him to get sick. I was thinking about it and Then I thought of poor Jill and Bayley and decided I'm not leaving him in there. I complained to management, but I don't know how much good it did. One kid was coughin like crazy and not covering his mouth AT ALL!!! The other looked really sick. I mean he was miserable. glassy eyed, watery and pale as a ghost. Oh well, he had fun in his own little gym today anyway. For now I am just cleaning and getting my car ready to be fixed tomorrow.

Deana1113
01-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Hello ladies!

Fly by for me. I just got back from town and still have things to put away. They were out of lantern fuel so I guess if we want to heat anything it will have to be in the fireplace (if we lose power). They are saying this storm will rival the one we had in 2002 and we lost power for 4.5 days then and went to stay with friends. I won't do that this time. We're toughing it out. Main reason we did last time was that Abby had just turned 2 and didn't think she would handle it too well. Kids have gameboys and I have my painting that can all be done by firelight. I guess the thing that worries me the most is that dh has to go to work at 6:30 and if we get what they are saying he will be driving home on it in the morning. Unless he takes a different route home, the road he usually takes is very curvy and very dangerous so hopefully he will use a better path home, then he'll be off for 2 nights. YEAH!

Thank you all for thinking of me! Michelle, thanks for the public service announcement, I was :rofl:

Jill: I will be thinking about you and Bayley and hope she gets to come home soon.

Best get busy. Will let you all know how it goes as soon as I can. It looks like the mix is getting ready to hit here anytime and the ice will follow.

TTYL

Chubba
01-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Jill...hugs to you and Baley.
Michelle...hugs to you and Taylor.
Just plain ol' hugs to everyone else ;

I have managed to stay away from the cinnamon rolls, bagels with cream cheese and cookies here so far today... 2 hours and 20 minutes to go.... this place is gonna kill me (work, that is).

I'll check back in tonight!!

chrily
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh my gosh Jill! Bayley'll be okay in a matter of days. Trust me. It's hard, I know. Been there 2 times. When Nicole was in she had quite a bit of fluid built up in one lung and the other had some too. When they start those IV antibiotics...you'll be amazed at how well they do. I know it's scary. Esp. with the little ones because they look so helpless. Hang in there, and if you need anything...Scream to one of us on here. :) Rest when you can too, so that you don't get sick.

Deana-Good luck on the ice storm. YUCK! I hope you don't get it though.

Michelle-13 degrees! What did you do? Send the cold over my way. Our high today is 2 above. Tonight it's supposed to be below zero again. That's it! Make room for me, I'm moving to Kalispell. How's the little Taylor? (we call my niece, Taylor, tator-tot).

Hi steph-Haven't heard from you in like....FOREVER!!! How ya been?

Melissa-I hate it when parents take their kids out to public places when its obvious that they are sick. I try to keep mine at home away from others when they have yucky noses or coughing. Like right now!!! One cold after another, with a flu thrown in... this is starting to suck.

Cindi- Sounds like you're starting the year off right with getting healthy. Way to go!

Ricci-You need to come clean my house too. Dh would like it, I'm sure.

Tracey-I got the Pilates tape in the mail yesterday. I'm going to check it out later after I clear a space off Kayla's floor. She has the vcr hooked up in her room.

BBL-Dh wants to check his ebay stuff real fast-like before he has to head back to work.

~chris

MichelleRae
01-04-2005, 04:55 PM
ha Chris, we were 6 degrees today when I went to walmart at 11 am, you get colder there cuz you don't have as many mountains to keep the warm air in ;)

1hot_tomato
01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone!
SOOO sorry I was gone. HA! One down, (back to work!) and six more to go, tomorrow! Yes, I'm officially nuts now! Glad vacation is almost over with!!!! I just spent a half an hour reading old posts so I could catch up. My goodness, girls... it's been crazy everywhere!!!

Jillybean- I am heartsick for you! I was there JULY'03 with Celine. It happened so fast. She struggled for every breath! It was sooo scary! I spent four days in the hospital and two weeks after with daily nebulizer (?) treatments. Those little ones get sick so quick and hard but also recover faster than adults do. We will certainly pray for Bayley. Please give her a hug from us! She will be just fine, don't worry. Get yourself some rest too, sleeping in the hospital is so difficult.

Kristin-I am sorry to hear about your loss! I haven't been back to the post that said what happened but I will go back and read it. What a terrible thing to happen to your family. Sending you hugs "through the air". You sound absolutely frazzled, I hope you get some peace. Mental and otherwise. Take care!

Deana-so you are getting read for the big storm! Hope that is isn't as bad as expected. We had rain that turned into ice on Thurs. soooo slippery driving! I was just creeping couldn't go faster than 25m.p.h. then we had about 4-6 inches of snow the next day. Over the top of the ice. We all end up walking like we have watermelons in our underwear, hoping we don't fall. DD#1 fell and swore and looked up at me and said, "I don't care!" I didn't yell at her like I was going to, cause I saw her crying in the back seat and knew it hurt.
I hope that this storm won't cause you any discomfort. Stay safe!!! :devil: Did you ever get all those stockings done? You are amazing!

Mel-Why do those Moms bring sick children out? They need to be home. Argh! Well, glad you have tons more sense than they do. I forgot to look at your ticker before I posted...did you make it under yet? You are doing so fahbulous dahlingk! I wish I had your drive!!! Hope everything is going okay for you, are all of yours staying healthy? Hope so!

Hi Geri- glad to see you again! Glad you avoided the dreaded cinnamon buns! They are personal enemies of mine! You are a strong woman my friend.

Hi Penny! Last time I was on you had just posted some pics of your two little cuties and yourself when you went to the WWE. Hope you had fun and that they aren't reliving the event with each other in your living room! WTG on the fund raising! I'm so glad that Andrew is out of the woods with his condition, but so many more aren't, and that is great that you are helping others!

Hi Ricci- great resolution! That is sensible, I hope you are able to stick to it with your hectic schedule! How's the hair now? Back to normal?

Hi Cindi- I had to smile about rewarding one's self. It's those small carrots not the motherlode that keeps me on track too...keep going! You can do it!

Hi Michelle- hope Teagan and Taylor are feeling better! My goodness all this sickness! I saw that you posted pics awhile ago, what adorable kiddies! Now that DS#2 is home I'll have to get a pic of him on too. I know... me too. Hope you also lose those 2 lbs. you picked up. I lost my 2 from last week! I hate going off plan, it is so terrible to have that bloated whale feeling after so temporary a slip off the wagon. I don't even think it's worth it. Why do I do it? I didn't drink(alcohol) though...could have been worse.

Crystal- hey I didn't forget about you! I know you are uncomfortable! Boy, do I ever! I did see your "belly-shot", that was so cute! It will be over with soon,28 days go by so fast! Take care Momma! Put those tootsies up now and then!

Hi Traci!

Hello to everyone that I didn't get personal with right now. Hopefully, I can get back on some kind of a schedule tomorrow. I have to do afternoon school driving this month and hubby is home days but works nights, so I'll be on more during the evenings this month, (or when he's sleeping :devil: !) I don't like being away so long! I missed all of you. TTYL

~Roxy

mompen
01-04-2005, 05:09 PM
Afternoon Ladies,

ROXY!!! It is soooo great to hear from you!!!!

Michelle,
My bil is in for a great if it is that cold there... From Hawaii to Montana..... HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Chris,
Didcha try the Pilates tape yet???

Geri,
We miss ya!

Deana,
I am thinking of you ;)

Melissa,
That sucks about the daycare! I know that if the kiddos even have a runny nose at daycare here they won't let em stay... Hope the complaint did some help!!!

Well we are going to eat out with another couple tonight! Didcha hear that!!!! Actually FOUR ADULTS having dinner and conversation and NO kids! A first for me...lol

Jilly,
I am still thinking of you!

Hugs to you ALL!

Spryng & Leigh, I miss ya!

chrily
01-04-2005, 06:01 PM
ROXY! You're alive! You survived Christmas vacation. Glad to have you back. I got to send mine to school yesterday. I didn't think the day would ever come. I'm still going to round up all those girl clothes for you. I'm in a mood for downsizing their closets. They just have too many of them. Your poor DD#1. She probably felt so bad, and hurt pretty bad too. I couldn't have yelled at mine either.

Penny-I haven't got to check out the Pilates tape yet. I let you know what it's like when I do. You get to go out to eat with REAL adults? OH MY GOSH! I haven't done that in years, 11 years to be exact. We rarely get to go out to eat at all anymore. Only if its fast-food or has a linoleum floor for those "spills" that always happen. I would love to have an adult conversation without children around. I AM SOOO JEALOUS!

Michelle-All right, I thought the mountains were always colder? I don't mind the snow though. I just don't like the cold temps.

Okay back to folding laundry and thinking about what to do for dinner. I have to go at 5 to pick Tiana up from school. She had her honor choir practice after school today. Too cold to walk...and too dark.

~chris

melmcc99
01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey all. Glad to see everyone is doing well. I am having a break-down in food today. I'd better kick butt with food tomorrow. I think with feeling tired and not getting in my full exercise, that's making me eat....I know excuses excuses. Note to Self....KNOCK IT OFF AND KICK BUTT WOMAN!. I am not in Onderland yet. I didn't weigh in today, but, yesterday I was up 1.2 Darn date with dh....I ate real good food, that killed it! Once the remenants of this cold are gone and I am feeling 100% or even 80% I will be there. That should be soon...I HOpe..

Sorry, I'm not getting too personal today. I've just been running. You know I love you all.

Challangers..............ARE YOU KEEPING UP??....................I DON'T SEE AS MANY POSTS LAST FEW DAYS..........................GET UP AND MOVE LADIES MOVE..........WE CAN ALL DO THIS.........................

mompen
01-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Ok on the way out...

Chris,
How is the Wendy plan going?? I hear really good things about it!

Melissa,
I just chatted w/ ya on msn and you didn't tell me you weren't doing good today!!!! Girlie, You are doing too awesome to slack off now! Come on, work it, work it!!!! ;) :D

Well we are eating Mexican tonight and I already antisipate it to be a bad food night but I figure that is why it is a "way of life" and not a "diet"! I have ate some food beforehand so I am going to watch my portions biggggggg time! And only drink H2O :D

The only prob is that they have the BEST Margarita's! But none for me :D

Ok I'll catch up later! Lots of love to you all! and to Bayley!
Chris,

mamawithdreams
01-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Hi all, checking in while I'm eating dinner.
The appt. went well and they did check for dialation but nothing yet. In fact, he said he's sure I'll hang on at leat a couple more weeks if not all the way to my due date.
I'm on a weekly check now so maybe that will make it all go fast.
I didn't gain a pound and that makes my total gain only 25 pounds and that's totally awesome seeing as though I gained 40, 40 and 50 with my other three.
Anyways, that was good news.
Okay, hello to all of you, I'd get more personal but I've got a little boy trying to steal my dinner.
Jill, hope Bayley is better today.
TTYL

sharqueen76
01-04-2005, 07:50 PM
My husband is sick too. He has brochitas. They admitted him in the hospital tonight too because his oxygen level is low. I hate that I can't be there with him right now. I have no car and no sitter. He's been like this for 2 weeks, so please say a little prayer for my hubby. Thanks sooo much in advance!! This is also why my picture still isn't up. He hasn't been able to work on the camera. His body is really worn down. He's been going out because he says he feels better but afterwards he's soo drained. I really hate that I can't bethere with him.

JILL~ I am saying prayers for Bailey? How old is she? MY daughter Jasmine was in the hospital like 4 months ago. At least the Dr's caught it. I was at a Dr appointment having Jasmine checked out because all she wanted to do was sleep and get sick. The Dr. told me that it was just a viral and she would be fine. She ordered her to get a urine sample and when we were at the lab abd she was trying to use the bathroom her hands, mouth, toes and face were turning purple so I mad the dr. look at her again and she told me she defintely wanted the urine sample. After my daughter did the urine test they were going to let her leave again!! When we were leaving to get in the car she started shaking and turning purple again so I rushed her back in the dr's office. They then did a chest x ray to find that her whole right lung was full of pneumonia!! I was soo scared as I can only imagine you must be too. They rushed her to the hospital in anambulance. She was in there for 3/4 days. She had to have a shot in her butt every 12 hours..my poor baby!! I have been praying for her all day. Hang in there, she'll be okay.

Roxy~ HEY YOU!! You need to start posting more often again...

Penny~ You enjoy your night out with no kids!!

Kristin~ I want you to know I am thinking about you and that I continue to keep you in my prayers.

Crystal~ How's it going? Still hanging in there I see. You've done great with your weight gain pregnancy.

Chris~ Hey!! I'm joining you with folding laundry. I have soo much folding to do you wouldn't believe it..lol. My laundry is all downstairs in the basement on the folding table.

Penny~ I've always wanted to try mexican food! I guess I'm coming to your house for dinner tonight..lol

Michelle~ iT's 33 degrees here today but they are expecting an ice storm our way on Thursday too! How's your day??

PS~ Sherry's computer is back up and running! She said she'll stop in tomorrow.

Well I better go and try to get a hold of my husband. Have a nice night everyone!!

mompen
01-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Just checking in before bed... Tired today :(

Jeniqua,
I am soooo sorry to hear about your hubby! That is awful :(

Crystal,
I am glad to hear your appt went well. And as far as dialation goes... you know that it doesn't matter. She is gonna come when she comes... your water could break at any time :D

Well I am pooped! We had a very nice time tonight and it is funny that we mostly talked about our kids...lol We both have three.

Ok Have a great one TTYL!

chrily
01-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Jen-Sorry to hear about your hubby. My sister is trying to get her husband to go to the doctor too. He's wheezing and can't breathe. Everyone keeps telling him he has bronchitis but he won't go. I'm hoping he goes before he ends up in the hospital too. It sure seems like a rotten year for colds and flus already. Everybody is getting pneumonia and bronchitis...or the flu. I hope he gets better soon. I'm worried that mine is going to get sick because he keeps working and working. He's so worried about getting caught up on bills. He's overtired.

Penny-Glad you had a good time. I can see you there talking about your kids... :lol: It's so typical of moms...huh?

Okay, who's watching the Biggest Loser? I am right now. I wish Moe wouldn't have gotten voted out. Darn it. I really liked him.

~chris

mompen
01-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Chris,
I caught the last bit of it last night...

I agree about Moe :( :(

Gonna start a new thread!

C YA LIGHTER!