Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #1  

Default Advice on Exercise Machine

HSN has been featuring A New You for the New Year show with lots of exercise equipment. I've been eyeing the Tony Little Gazelle that they have for $239.00 which is kind of steep. I started looking around and came across treadmills and eliptical machines that were much cheaper.

Any of you have any experience with the Gazelle or have any recommendations for a treadmill or something along those lines? I'm looking for something that isn't going to take a lot of space (perhaps can fold), efficient, and not expensive. I'm asking for a lot, huh? Lol. I'm just really hesitant about buying a machine cause I'm afraid it's just gonna sit there, but I really need to do something.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #2  

You can find the Gazelle at most fitness equipment/sporting goods stores and some department stores (like Sears). I HIGHLY recommend trying out a floor model before purchasing any fitness equipment - quality can vary a LOT!!!

Fiona
Old 01-04-2005, 02:22 AM   #3  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

I agree with Fiona!

I had a piece of equipment very very similar to the Gazelle and did not receive much results!

I would also try a floor model before purchasing!

GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

I Bought one of the Tony Little Gazelle Edge, it was only 100.00 from FitnessQuest.com. I used it for about 4 months and all it did was tone up my thighs, I lost no weight, no inches at all. They say on the commercials that it's really good, total body calorie burning, easy on the joints, etc. It's a little too easy on the joints, and the muscles and all that to really do any good. I just sold mine for 40 bucks. lol

Old 01-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #5  

I bought a gazelle at wal-mart for something like $90. Also, you might try used sports stores like "Play it Again Sports" if they're in your area. I found some old treadmills for $60-200, minimal features, but still working.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:34 AM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

I definitely agree to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Also try and find a used one - you can get them WAY cheaper from people who bought them, used them for a few weeks before they became 'clothes hangers'.

Here in the Bay Area we have a classified site called craigslist.org - it's in other areas too BTW - and I just did a search for Gazelle in the For Sale listings - folks are selling them for as low as $60.00!

(Last year I bought my hubby some free weights from someone on Craigslist...a curling bar + over 100 lbs of plates for only $20.00...if you're looking for exercise equipment DO check out the classifieds in your area and I bet you can get something that's almost brand-spankin' new for MUCH less than buying it on TV...)
Closed Thread