UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #1  

Talking happy new year -desperate 4 a happy new me

hi there everybody, i'm new to all these forums and things, but not to dieting. 30 years old married with 2 beautiful girls 4 and 18 mths. seriously need 2 loose a lot of weight for my and the girls sake. always have found it hard 2 stick 2 diets and have tried weight w. but will be going back asap.Always been overweight i know all the pitfalls but still seem 2 fall into them in a crazy moment of weakness . would like to hear from anyone who as time to listen or encourage me even if on a bad day i'm a moneing minnie. :
renebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #2  

Hi there, and welcome ! As you will read, we're all in the same boat, and regularly post to pick each other up or encourage when things have gone wrong.
I've managed well so far (this time), but Xmas is always a big barrier. It's a good time of year to start, as there are many others tring to lose, and the shops are full of products and schemes to help. I also go to WW and find it very good - when I've got the determination!
Wishing you good luck, keep coming here and we'll do our best to help!
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:37 PM   #3  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, well you've come to the right place luv, we're all in the same boat and we all have great losses and we all have gains. We're a wonderful bunch for giving each other the support we all need, so feel free to jump into any thread and tell us how you're doing.

We have a valentines day challenge going on right now, i just started on it today as have been a pig over the hols and my trousers are telling me so!

Hope to see you chatting soon, take care.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #4  

Default Dobbleganger!

When I read your post I had to do a double take, thought it was me in another body! I'm new, I'm 31, have 2 beautiful girls 4 and 2, I've always been over weight. Had a terrible nightmare a few weeks back that I died in my sleep and left my girls alone (with dad of course) scared the **** out of me, gave me the kick I've needed for over 15 years. So 2005 is my year!
I've just joined Body Optimise, Slimming Worlds online program (I live in germany, but don't speak german!)
I'd love to keep in touch and help each other along the way!
Good luck x

Princessslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #5  

Welcome Princessslim and renebaby I lost 3 and half stone at slimming world last year but I have put 2 back on I am so stupid! Stick around I need all the help I can get.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #6  

Default Help!

Thanks veggie, now I need some real help. I've been 100% perfect for over a week now, everything is going great, I'm really enjoying the SW plan. So whats the problem I hear you say? Every month a group of friends get together for a dinner party, this months do is tomorrow and friend in question is cooking indian! What am I going to do? Korma and tikka massala, all the trimmings and cocktails to wash it all down with! I don't want to be the party pooper but I don't want to ruin my hard work and lose the plot in the process! Help,help, help!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #7  

Flexi syns! Enjoy yourself (curry yum ) and then carry on as you were.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #8  

Default I Did IT!

Well I did it, I had a lovely night out, ate lots of lovely curry, got drunk on cocktails, had an asthma attack cos I laughed so much, think I had about 80 syns!!
But I couldn't resist jumping on the scales today and was the same! Yippee. I know I'll have to be really careful for the rest of the week, but hay it was worth it!
Thanks for the support!
Old 01-14-2005, 05:21 AM   #9  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

well done princess slim!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 AM   #10  

Sometimes I bring diet mixers for cocktails. That cuts down the calories quite a lot.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 03:28 PM   #11  

Smile Thanks girls!

It's great to know you're all there with me, going though the same things, I really love this site!
Thanks all
x