Support Groups - 2005 Exercise Diet and Support #1

View Full Version : 2005 Exercise Diet and Support #1

Lisathemommy
01-03-2005, 05:04 PM
Welcome, Welcome! I'm glad to see you found your way here. Happy New Year! I'm starting off my first Monday of the New Year very well. I have a positive attitude. This is going to be a great year...I'm going to make it great!

Well, I weighed myself today and while it wasn't great, it wasn't as terrible as I had imagined. I started my low carb lifestyle back up today and it has gone very well. My challenges are going to be drinking more water than pop and exercising. But I already did 3 miles on my exercise bike today! YIPPEE!!!

Okay...so here is my 2005 goals: (in no particular order) Hee hee hee

Lose 50 pounds
Have more energy
graduate from nursing school
get a job!
rejuvinate my marriage
be a better mom

Cyan, I am going to try to do 20 miles a week on the bike..is that a lot? Let me know and lets do challenges together. I hope things are going better for your mom. Let me know how you are doing as well.

Cjunk, Hope you are having a great new year so far!

To all you ladies we haven't seen in a while, hope you are doing well and I miss you!

Lisa

cyan
01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
I am right with you Lisa...I deal with kilometers and I average about 16 to 9 km per night and I cycle 5 to 6 days a week. So here's to us getting this challenge done

I have included two photos of my size 8 jeans and me in them...woo hoo..I am looking hot :lol:

I had a meeting with the director of my Mom's residence and the Doctor there...it went well and I am optimistic that things will get sorted out. I am still dealing with a lot of guilt and it is very hard for me. I dont really know what else to say...I try to be the best person I can be and love her as much as I can and visit her as much as I can. Its a horrible horrible illness

Ok Here's to a happy, successful, prosperous, healthy new Year 2005 is gonna rock

take care

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-03-2005, 09:55 PM
This is a test

cyan
01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Hi Ladies

I took the day off from cycling but I did shovel snow..I got a good upper body workout...my new year’s holiday is over so I am back at work today and getting back into my groove.

My Mom is still settling in but slowly I am seeing positive changes is her residence...lets see how things go but I am conciously optimistic. I still miss her very much and I wish she didnt have this horrible illness...She has gotten worse since being in the home but I think it has to do with the adjustment and new environment...lots of feelings of guilt to work through here. I will work on this for the next year ..I think...the good thing is that I see her almost everyday..if not everyday...even if its just for an hour. I hate it so much that she is there...locked up...just thinking about it makes me so sad ..it is overwhelming me.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
snack: yogurt
lunch: turkey sandwich on rye bread
dinner: shrimp pasta dish
snack: mixed berries

exercise: cycling and pilates

I also have a friggin sinus cold I am dealing with...I think I was feeling very burnt out from the situation

later

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-05-2005, 12:11 PM
Good morning. This is day 3 for me OP. Last night, though, I had a slight mess up. We lost power for 6 hours! When the power went out, I had bacon wrapped scallops in the oven. So, I didn't get those and at about 8pm, I was frustrated and hungry so I got out a Christmas gift one of my church kids gave me...the makings for Smores. So, the kids and I had graham crackers, Hershey bar and marshmallow by candle light. It was fun. This morning for breakfast I had bacon wrapped scallops. Power is back on, but most of Wichita does not have power. DH even came home early from work because of power loss there. He may even have to stay home today. We'll see. School was cancelled and my son's first karate class was cancelled as well. The dentist even called to cancel my dental appt today. It's very eery looking outside with all the ice. It was very weird last night to see our neigborhood in complete darkness and ice on everything. Anyway, I'm back on progam and today will be a great day!

Lisa

cyan
01-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey Lisa

Nice chatting with you yesterday...Yikes on the ice storm...I hope it melts away real soon. Good to hear that you are back on track with the diet.

I cycled 9kms last night...are you keeping up with the challenge? let me know

Meal Plan for today
snack: 1/2 pear
lunch: shrimp and rice noodle stirfry
snack: peach and maybe 125 grams of 6 grain yogurt
dinner: chicken and corn stirfry
beverages: water, tea and diet cola

exercise: cycle and pilates

Have a good day

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Well, the weather man said that there will be no melting till Friday at the earliest. In the meantime, we're "chilling out" here at home. Actually, DH took the two older kids to the fish store to get more fish for his fish aquarium. I told him to get some ice melt on his way home for our sidewalks and driveway but he didn't seem too anxious to do that.

Okay, I did the conversion...I actually went online and found a website that will do the math for me. 20 miles equals 32.2 km. So, I've done 6.5 miles so far this week. I have 13.5 more to go. I'll get it. We'll have to keep upping it every week or two to continue to challenge ourselves. This is fun...I'm enjoying it!!!

Well, baby is sleeping so I'm going to go do something fun....scrapbooking maybe....

Lisa

cyan
01-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Last night I checked to see how much I was weighing and much to my surprise I am down a .5 pound this week to a new low of 156 pounds. Yes its only .5 pound but I will take it...my official weigh in is this sunday so maybe I can lose another .5 pound. I have a challenge going with my friend...if I go down to 155.5 and he to 154...well nobody wins anything but if he doesnt, he treats me to a matinee moving of my choice…
And he has been eating beef jerky all week long and belgian chocolate cookies...but somehow ..all he needs to do is cycle in the morning and boom, he is down a pound or two.

I, on the other hand, must exercise nightly, watch what I eat...count calories and in about 7 days lose .5 to 1 pound if I am lucky...then there are those weeks when I am on a plateau and nothing happens… But I just keep plugging away at it...but I am not perfect in my diet or exercise...there are times I will eat lots of chocolate, or lots of food...good food but way to much of it.

Anyway, I was feeling really sick last night...even left work early...went home, took a hot bath...too stronger sinus cold medication and had dinner and went to bed...Yes I slept and relaxed in my bed the whole evening and this morning I feel better for it...lets just hope I can last the whole day today and not have to leave early again.

I didnt visit my Mom yesterday..its been two days so tonight I will go even if its just to say a quick hello...I feel very bad for not going but I have been sick and I dont want to make her sick either. So I am off to the residence after work...thank goodness its close by my house.

We are expecting a storm tonight...all I need ...to drudge through the snow to get to her and then drudge home. ack!
I hate winter

Anyway, Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with milk
snack: peach/pear
lunch: tuna sandwich on whole wheat
snack: 6 grain rapsberry yogurt
dinner: crab and potato salad

exercise: dont know ...depends how I feel

Have a good day

Cyan

Ps Lisa..I didnt cycle last night...too sick...dont know if I will tonight...will keep you posted.

cyan
01-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I am so thankful its friday...I cant wait to sleep in tomorrow morning. I fell on the ice yesterday morning and landed on my right wrist...so now its swollen and hurts...makes it very hard to use the mouse and type..its not broken ...just sore.

I went to see my Mom yesterday and she has been urinating constantly on herself for the last two days I have not been there. The staff has assured me that they take her to the bathroom reguarly even filling out a form to indicate when and who took her. They say that my Mom refuses to use the toilet...I am at witts end...I dont thing they are lying to me...My Mom can be very stubborn...but in her mental state, she does not have the ability to conive and plan...so it is very upsetting as to why she is doing this now. I feel such a great saddness...it is so upsetting to see her there. All she kept telling me yesterday is that she is alone...she has no one...she is alone....I felt tortured listening to her. I wish I could make that illness go away. I generally get the feeling that the nursing home is getting their act together… I just wish they would of done it sooner...I suspect that if that first week, they would of taken her to the bathroom, she would not of taken the habit of unrinating on herself. I just want to scream...just scream at the world...get it all out.

I still have a crappy cold...but at least I am not feverish. I did manage to cycle last night for 20 minutes...6kms...its actually stress relieving to cycle for me.

Oh ..this morning...some f***er blocked my driveway completely so I could not take out my car.... We had a huge snow storm so this arse took advantage of my driveway and parked there...regardless of the two no parking signs I have posted on my driveway door. You cant see my car because it is behind a big door.

I need my car this evening so I am hoping he will be gone this morning...I called the city this morning and they said they would be by to give him a ticket and if the car was still there this evening...they would tow it away...which means I have to call back again and wait a few hours for them to show up and tow it....how frustrating...I cant drive my car because disrespecting motorists block my driveay knowing full well they cannot park there.

Ok enough complaining.... So I stuck to my food plan last night...and today’s meal plan is

Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: frozen individual size frozen pizza (didnt feel like cooking last night)
snack: 6 grain yogurt
dinner: indian style chicken korma with rice

exercise: I think I will be shovelling tons of snow this evening

Oh I am going for a delicious sushi dinner tomorrow night...ooo cant wait

have a great weekend

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-07-2005, 01:59 PM
TGIF...although it has felt like Saturday for the past 3 days due to school being cancelled and not going anywhere. Last night my father-in-law and sister-in-law came over for some warm food as they have been without power now for 3 days. I fed them some warm lasagne and garlic cheese bread, soda, hot chocolate and banana bread. I welcomed the opportunity to use my new kitchen and as hubby works nights, all I ever get to do is heat up a corn dog or mac and cheese for the kids. My sis-in-law ended up staying the night along with their dog Keeper who slept under the covers all night long. He is part human I believe. The temperatures here are frigid! My mother-in-law is on her way home from Phoenix. Boy, is she in for a rude awakening. I invited her to stay here if she wishes.

Okay...well, last night I cycled for 6 miles. That is 12.05 miles for me this week. I have 8 more to go. I can do it. I'll do 6 more tonight and then it will smooth sailing tomorrow. We are going to have to up this challenge...I'm already thinking 30 miles next week. We can do it!!!

Here is my meal plan for today:

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs

Lunch: stuffed chicken breast

Dinner: ? don't know yet...

Snacks will be low carb candy bars/ low carb root beer float/ nuts

Have a great day!

Cyan, things will get better....hang in there!

Lisa

cyan
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Good Day Ladies

I went to see my Mom yesterday and after being there a few minutes...she told me she needed to go to the bathroom..so I took her and she went without incident. My Dad also told me the same thing when he went earlier on in the day. Also, I was the one that told them I wanted to know who was taking her to the bathroom and when and if they were successful and to write it down in a diary in the hopes that it would encourage the staff to be regular about taking my Mom to the the bathroom. Begrudingly they started this but yesterday I noticed that it was not filled in the afternoon...so they did it for 5 days and already they are slacking off about writing it down. I also asked for a copy of my Mom’s new meds and went over it with my friend who is a doctor to make sure the doses are right and that they are not sneaking in any meds I dont approve. My Mom cried yesterday a few times...you can tell she was upset about being there and maybe she had one of those days when she knows she is very sick and realizes what this disease has done and is doing to her. Needless to say it took every strenght in my being not to break down and cry with her. It is so upsetting to see her in this state....I just gave her big hugs and walked with her and held her...what else could I do? I hate this illness like you have no idea. I washed her clothes last night so I will go back tonight to see if my Dad brought them over for me today.

I lost another .5 pound thus far this week...I weighed in this morning at I was at 155 pounds down from 155.5pounds...I am hoping to lose another .5 pound and hopefully see 154.5...that would be a hoot. But I havent been exercising this week..no cycling...I will tonight...I will get back on the bike and cycle for at least 20 minutes.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: chili con carne with beans
dinner: smoked meant sandwich on rye with spinach nuggets
snack: 24 carrot fruit smoothie and yogurt

exercise: cycling

Have a great day everyone

Cyan

cyan
01-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I had a post all written out and I didnt post it right and now..its all gone...I hate having to rewrite things

Anyway, as I was saying...my uni course was cancelled for tonight...the teacher is sick..which suits me fine because I am still getting over my cold...my immune system was seriously compromised because it has taken me two weeks to feel better. But I have taken steps to boost my immune system and I already feel better.

I havent cycled all week so tonight its time for me to get back on the bike. I am also going to see My Mom so that will be good.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat reduced pb
lunch: manicotti with meat sauce
dinner: grilled chicken breast with spinach nuggest and side green salad
snacks: 24 carrot fruit smoothie and 6 grain yogurt

exercise: cycle and floor exercises

Have a great day

Cyan

cjunk
01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey Gals,

I am writing this thread from Fernie British Columbia, it is a ski resort in the mountains of the Kootenay Range. I have been here since Sunday night and have skiid Monday to yesterday each day but took today off as it is a balmy minus 30 degrees outside. So I went into the town and did some shopping, bought some souvenirs and then came back and washed my under-gear stuff as it smells like 3 days of skiing!!!

My legs are holding up okay so far although I certainly know that I am working out!! I hope to take a 2.5 hour lesson tomorrow afternoon as the runs here are a lot harder than I expected and I am a fairly new skiier (2 years new) with a lot to learn!!!

I have been exercising a lot but had cheese fondue for dinner last night which is not so healthy but it certainly was damn great!!!

Cyan, I was reading your posts and it seems that there is very little your mom has control over lately, so maybe she is wanting to be in control and is using other methods to do so. I could totally understand that. It would be hard for her to see others in later stages of the illness to see where things might progress for her--not to mention the big adjustment for you and your dad too. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this with your mom and my thoughts are with you.

Lisa, congratulations on all the cycling you are doing!! You must be really enjoying your new home as well. I looked at the layout and it looked beautiful, not to mention the great kitchen!!!

Talk to everyone soon,

Cjunk

cyan
01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
I am in a deep freeze
it is -24C and with wind chill it is -36C ...I should of stayed home under my bed covers!! The radiator behind my desk doesnt work...so I am freezing...my hands are frozen and my sinuses kill..if I wasnt bogged down with lots of work..I would go home now.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat
lunch: chicken breast with bell pepper, onion, hummus and pickles
dinner: tuna salad with boston lettuce, onion
snack: cherries and fruit smoothie

I cycled last night and did floor exercises but my Dad brought home a big mac...Yes I ate it...darn him for bringing it home...it was cold too...ack!! Anyway, I also had lemon pie afterward..yes he brought that too...sigh...he just doesnt get that I am on a diet...so needless to say...I had like 2100 calories yesterday...man I havent eaten over 2000 in a long long time.

so back on the wagon tonight and I am so afraid to weigh myself...I will wait till this weekend and then be brave enough to see the number.

I will go visit my Mom tonight in this frigid temperature...but I am looking forward to seeing her..here is to hoping that she has been going to the toilet on her own and that she is dry when I see her.

hugs

Cyan

Hope you are having a blast Cjunk!!

Lisathemommy
01-19-2005, 12:19 AM
Well, I haven't posted in a while...and you know what that means??? Well, I'll tell you. It means I've been eating like a pig!! However, today, even though I ate poorly, I also went to the gym this morning and did 30 minutes on the treadmill going 1.8 miles and burning 225 calories. I back up to 201 pounds with is only 1 pound less than I was when I weighed in a couple of weeks ago. I had gotten all the way down to 197 and then I went and sabotaged myself. I don't know if you have been watching the new show on TV "The Biggest Loser," but I am so addicted to it. It is so inspiring! I can commit to exercise, but it's the food I just can't get a handle on. Do I do low carb? low fat? low calories? high protein? I don't know what to do. I had my cholesterol checked the other day and it was 202...which is not good. So anyway, I'm a little frustrated, but not giving up!

Today school starts for me. I'm up late working on that. Baby is sick. He's been throwing up for two days and now I think diarrhea is starting. Wonderful.

That's all for now!

Lisa

cyan
01-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Hey Lisa...I can totally understand the frustration you feel when you self sabotage..I did the same thing this week..I got to an all time low of 155 pounds and all week I have been eating like a pig..I am so afraid to weigh myself..plus its my time of the month...so I will weigh in this saturday. I also have been keeping up with our cycling challenges..I did 10 ks on monday...5.6km yesterday and I plan on cycling again this week. take care

I cant believe that it is mid week already! I went to see my Mom last night and she was DRY!!! woohoo...and she went to the bathroom on her own and told me she needed to go...I was so happy..yes I wanted to do back flips. It was very cold last night...I just about froze my butt ..and once again it is very cold...I have my trusty heater beside me..and ocaisionally I lean over and heat up my hands.

I cycled last night but only managed 20 minutes...man was it hard..the legs just didnt have it yesterday. I did some floor exercises..mainly crunches on my ball. those are always good.

I cant wait to finish this period...I am gonna weigh this weekend ...Sunday or Saturday and see what the dredged scale will tell me...but I have been so bad this past weekend with the food...and tons of chocolate..too..I always crave sweets during my period. I am hoping just to maintain..I know there is no way I have lost a pound.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter light on whole wheat
lunch: crab wrap ( light mayo, turmeric, boston lettuce and whole wheat tortilla)
dinner: smoked meat with portabello mushrooms and onion (mustard on the side with dill pickle)
snacks: 5 pieces of candy..yes I know BAD BAD BAD, 8oz fruit smoothie (no sugar added)

exercise: pilates and cycling

have a great day

Cyan

cyan
01-20-2005, 11:08 AM
Tonight is my first flash course at the university. Its cold and miserable out there so I am dreading having to go cause I know getting home at 8pm will be hard for me...it is supposed to be -27C and with wind chill -39C These temperatures are illegal..no one should be outside with these temperatures.

I cycled last night for 20 minutes and then I did my pilates abs workout...man that one is tough for me. I think my bike is stuck at a harder tension level and it is making it harder for me to cylce. I am keeping it there to challenge myself or else I will never improve.

Food wise was not so good..I had about 5 pieces of chocolate and the rest of the lemon pie...a small piece but none the less...down the hatch it went. I am so bad with the food when I have my period...yeesh...I lose total control and I just eat eat eat.

I am so not looking forward to weighing myself...but I will wait till after my period..so this weekend ..Saturday or Sunday..depending on my courage. LOL

Anyway, food plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich
lunch: chicken caesar salad (buying it from downstairs restaurant) chicken breast is broiled and dressing in on the side
dinner: sushi buying it on my way to school
snack: orange

exercise: cycling or pilates

Have a great day

Cyan

cjunk
01-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey Gang,

Back from vacation and back to the reality of long working days. I have a long commute in when the weather is bad and this week I had a few 2.5 hour one-way commutes to work--yuck!! By the time I get home from one of those blasted days it is bedtime and time to do it all over again.

Getting used to my new job and its responsibilities. Taking a Health and Wellness course starting in Feb. that focusses on meditation, yoga, pilates and tai chi over an eight week period where each topic lasts 2 weeks. It is held at a local high school and only costs $90.00 for eight weeks---I think its because they have 4 different instructors who represent their own businesses and hope to get you hooked on coming as a permanent student to their place. I figure it doesn't hurt to try them out.

Lisa and Cyan---it sounds like you guys are a great support team for one another and it is nice to read your posts and hear how helpful you are to each other. I need to learn to stop continuous eating when I get a bit bored. So I decided to try and do more things with my spare time where food is not involved (like the course). The more I am at home sitting around at night the more I eat constantly from home time to bed time. Any tips?? I tried exercise equipment at home but it ends up being a laundry drying rack and then I just sit and eat....no motivation to do it.

Talk to you soon,

Cjunk

lottie63
01-23-2005, 12:39 AM
heya, I'm just getting started but so far so good. I'm doing slim fast and walking 2 miles 3 times a week...I'm on a 1500 cal diet and so far so good!

cyan
01-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Welcome Lottie63...tell us a bit about yourself.

Hey Cjunk...good to have you back with us. How is your diet going? What weight are you at now? I have been on a bit of a rollercoaster ride..I need to get down to 150 soon..I am tired of this mid 50's range...time to move on down.

My weekend went by way too quickly..but what else is new. I did so so with the food...I had a big breakfast on saturday...3egg whites (one of those eggs is whole) two whole wheat toast, provolone cheese and chilisauce..washed down with a diet cola. Lunch was green soup..very nutritious..made with brocolli rapini, coriander, menthi leaves ... the broth is 3 small potatoes, onion, garlic powder, chicken broth, one can of chick peas, turmeric, salt and a generous amount of pure virgin olive oil. I do the broth first then I blend it all up so that it is smooth with no chunks. Then I add the green vegetables and cook that all up. It is so good..I made it cause my Dad needs some serious immune boosting food..actually so do I...and that soup sure does do that. Anyway, that was lunch...dinner was sushi..hmmm gotta love it. I also had belgian chocolate cookies ..about 4 or 5

Sunday breakfast was two whole wheat toast with cream cheese and a diet cola....I was out all day so I missed lunch but dinner..we went to a chinese buffet...I had general tao, ribs, calimare, mussels, shrimp, crab legs, won ton soup, and sushi and for desert..two pieces of cake. Yes I ate all that...each was a bit but it adds up to two big plates of food. So back to being good this week. I cant skip meals..I get way too hungry and cannot control myself afterwards.

So todays Meal Plan
breakfast: instant carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: beef madras on one cup of pasta
dinner: chicken breast with portobello mushrooms, one cup of greens soup
snack: berry fruit smoothie, yogurt

Have a great monday

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-24-2005, 01:37 PM
Welcome Lottie! Glad to have you!!

Cjunk, you are so funny about the weight equipment. But, I totally can relate. As for advice on what to do to keep you from eating...Well, I can't just leave the house so it's definitely hard for me with the kids and all. I find that no matter what I"m doing, I like to have something to munch...so, I would first surround yourself with healthy munchies. Then, try doing things that keep both hands busy...like...crochetting....(maybe that's a little corny) or painting....or .....oh heck...just tie your hands behind your back....I can't think of anything else. However....you might try drinking water or healthy drinks to quench your desires to eat.

Cyan....you are amazing. I was just remembering when I first met you and you were trying to get into the 160's....now you're trying to get out of the mid 150's. You inspire me with your stick-to-itiveness!!! You never give up!!!

Well, I went to the gym today and I did 30 minutes on the ARC machine, going 1.18 miles and burning 211 calories. I had a total protein breakfast, so I was burning only fat! YIPPEE!!

Well, that's all for me today...so much to do...so little time!

Lisa

lottie63
01-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, well I'm 25 and I don't work cuz I'm on disability which means I either have lots of time to watch what i eat and excersize or too much time on my hands to eat when I'm bored!!!! lately have been doing very well...I had previously lost 70 lbs but gained it back due to medication so now am off that med and starting over. I am sure, THIS WILL BE IT. Once I get down to 175 or so I'm going to try and be a plus size model. Mia tyler is my goddess!!!

I suppose then I would have to dye my hair all black again ;)

cyan
01-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Well I am working very hard this week and I sure do hope to see 154 by friday...that is my goal...I will be 154 pounds. I am tired of this mid 50’s platueau..I have dilly dallied here long enough..I am movin on down.

I cycled last night...I managed 6km before I fell off of my bike. Working out is so much harder in the winter...its always harder for me to warm up and feel good doing cardio.

Food was good last night although I did eat 5 belgian cookies...but I was below 1500 cals but tonight I will challenge myself and not have the belgian cookies.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chicken wrap sandwich with side salad
dinner: pork ribs with green soup
snack: fruit smoothie

Have a great day ladies

Cyan

lottie63
01-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, michellinas *sp* has a new line of lean gourmet food and since it's new (as far as I know) it's on SALE... I bought some of those, along with some lean pockets and some lean quisine, 9 boxes in all for lunch....I know, I know, they are loaded with salt, but I am on a high sodium diet due to my medication....so it's all good.

giant eagle! woot!

MikiG
01-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi Ladies! :)

I have 5 min before I have to hit the shower and get ready for work so wanted to come here and check in. I have missed everybody!! I have had so much going on it would take forever to go into so I wont. Mainly wanted to let you all know I'm still alive..lol

I have been AWFUL with the weightloss for the past several months. The scale keeps creeping up and I am panicking!! I just have to get motivated and I know this is the place for that to happen. I will always believe that coming here was the biggest help for the 60 I lost almost 2 yrs ago. I kept it off until this past July which I was really proud of but then I just blew it and cant seem to get it back under control. I have gained back almost 20 of the 60!! HELP!!!!!!!!

Cyan, sorry to hear your mom is having so much trouble. She is lucky to have such a caring daughter who is willing and able to keep a check on her. I know around here, many elderly people in homes are just put there and left with nobody even visiting. Very sad.

Lisa, sounds like you are really on track with the exercise. Keep it up..maybe I'll get re-inspired from you!

Cjunk, I'm envious of that wonderful sounding vacation. I have never tried skiing, but I bet it's a great workout.

Lottie, welcome to the group. These ladies are the BEST. They'll encourage, inspire, motivate and yes..even give a little "cyber kick" when it's needed. :lol:

Where is everyone else?? I'd love to hear from the rest of the group.

Well, Ive been on here a little more than 5 min so I better run. I'm going to try really hard to find more time to post. I really need ya'll's help!

Have a good day everyone.

MIKI

cyan
01-26-2005, 11:31 AM
I have been asked out on a date!!! I mentioned awhile ago on here that there was this cute guy here at work...well he doesnt work here exactly..he is doing rennovation work on our offices...He is a welder by trade but in the evening..he comes here and does carpentry ... building walls..plumbing. Anway..he is about 6feet...full set of hair (dark thick hair), in great shape and beautiful green eyes...tall dark and handsome. He is a smoker though...not to keen on that. He seems very bright and over the past few weeks we have had nice chats..however short but long enough for me to realize that he can hold a conversation. He doesn’t seem bothered that I am a computer geek...doesnt seem turned off by that.
He is about a year older than me..not married...no kids...YAY!!! Overall, he seems very promising...Nice rugged looking type but I have only seen him in his work clothes so I dont know what sense of style he has. He likes to ski..like me...he is spanish...from europe origin...I am portuguese origin...so we are both first generation canadian. And he has been listening to me when I talk cause he invited me to go for sushi this saturday...and when he asked he wasnt nervous...just right...nice smile...his demeaner is very sexy, quietly confident and laid back...I like that.

So we will see how this saturday goes..hopefully well. Hopefully he wont turn into a different person..ya never know but I am cautiously optimistic..he had been working here in the evenings for the last 8 months so he is not a total stranger.

I saw my Mom last night...she was ok but always wants to go home...I wish I could take her home...I found dirty diapers in her clothes hamper so I brought it to the nurse’s attention that they have to check there. Her room spelled of urine because of the dirty diaper. Oh...Mario...his name..he knows that my Mom has alzheimers and that I spend a lot of time with her and that I took care of her for many years and he seemed genuinely touched by that...so that was a positive. Anyway, I took home her clothes to wash and my Dad is bringing it back today.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: frozen meal lasagna
dinner: oven baked trout with salad(boston lettuce, palm hearts and onion, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, sea salt, herbs, pepper)
snack: fruit smoothie, yogurt

Have a great day

Cyan

Lisathemommy
01-27-2005, 12:07 AM
MIki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad to see you. I've been missing you and thinking about you!!! I hope you have more time soon to post and update us on how you're doing. Hang in there. We all go through tough or stressfull times in our life when we just eat and then get into the habit of eating all the wrong things and then we have to start over....BUT WE DO START OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll get back into things and the weight will come off. We're here for you!!

Lottie, you are so cute! I like your hair! Now, you're going to be celebrating your 10 year anniversary...is this a wedding anniversary...you're only 25...so I'm really just being nosy!! :^: Anyway....just wondering...can't wait to hear more about you and get to know you better!!! I think being a plus size model is a great goal!!!! I get so mad at magazines with nothing but skinny sticks in them!!! You go girl!!!

CYAN!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to hear about your date. I am going to be living vicariously through you. Where are you going to go? Is he picking you up? What are you going to wear? Do you think you'll kiss him??? HOw old is he??? Does he speak Spanish??? hmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!!! TELL ME MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, enough enough. I did 20 minutes on the ARC machine today and then they paiged me to get my son from the nursery. Poor baby. He just doesn't like it in there. He is such a momma's boy. OH well, yesterday, he only lasted 5 minutes. We'll try again tomorrow!! Here's to 3 days in a row OP. I will do this.

Lisa

cyan
01-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey Lisa...Well...He asked me out tuesday evening. He normally gets to my work as I am getting ready to leave to go home. We usually chat for 15 or so minutes at a time. Some days not at all if I am too busy or him. Anyway, I went over to say hello and we were talking...dont remember much cause I was trying to get a better look at his eyes...very pretty eyes he has...then we somehow got on the subject of Skiing and I said I would like to go skiing since I havent been in a long time. Then as I was getting ready to leave, he said...would you like to go out for sushi...this saturday...and I said yes I was available and would like to. He then asked for my number...and he didnt have a piece of paper so he gave me a block of wood to write my name and number on it. :lol: So we left it at that...we are going out this saturday. So I didnt see him yesterday...I am not sure I will see him today cause I have to rush off to school tonight so that leaves friday to see him if he will be there or else I am thinking he will call me soon to fix a meeting point.

Either way, I am cool with it...I have been chatting with him for about 8 months. He is 36 years old...fantastic shape...nice shoulders, thin waist and long legs...nice arms too. What I dont like about him is that he smokes..he said he is gonna give it up..I must ask him about that. I am also curious to know if he is a big drinker..that wouldnt work for me either. I dont like big drinkers and smokers.

So we shall see what happens but I will keep you posted and hopefully it will be good news. I am not sure if I will kiss him...I guess it depends if the date goes well and that I want to kiss him...sometimes you look forward to a date and then...you are on it...and its..oh my lord...I need to get out of here fast..ack!!

At least its not a blind date.

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
01-27-2005, 11:06 AM
oH ..he does speak spanish..his family is from the madrid area in spain..I think..I will ask again.

cyan
01-28-2005, 03:15 PM
Oh I am so glad that it is friday!! I am looking forward to my weekend ritual...sleeping in...talking in bed..on the phone!! Then I go downstairs and make myself a huge breakfast...eggs...hmmmm...I think I will also have baked beans...whole wheat toast with chili sauce.

I havent seen the cute guy since tuesday...so hopefully today I will get to see him as I am leaving to go home. I guess he will call me tonight or tomorrow for our date...unless of course he has forgotten or doesnt want to anymore...I guess I will find out but I will most definitely keep you gals posted.

I went to school last night so I am tired today...very hard getting up I reeeeeeally wanted to sleep in...just take it easy...its so cold here..I think its finally going to warm up for the weekend...like a high of -6C...better than the -24C it is right now.

I stuck to my meal plan yesterday..and YAY....no belgian cookies. I am looking forward to lunch..I brought a frozen pizza..individual size
stone baked thin crust..its all good...610 calories for the whole pizza...hmmm cant wait but its only 10.35am. How sad...I am drooling for lunch...you know you gotta get out more when lunch really turns you on :-/

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat (light pb) and 2oz fruit smoothie
lunch: president's choice pizza
dinner: chicken breast with corn
beverages: water , tea and diet cola

Cyan

cyan
01-31-2005, 12:02 PM
As usual I must complain about it being monday...and monday morning at that!! Oh its soooo hard getting up...I so love to sleep in on monday mornings. Ok..its out of my system.

I did ok with the food intake over the weekend...saturday I had a big breakfast...a small lunch...sandwich and then my big sushi date...the food was great but the guy...he was heavenly.

Sunday food was a big breakfast..eggs and stuff and then dinner...roast beef, potato, ..its all good...and I had a slice of cheese cake. I did cycle yesterday for 9 kms...30 minutes..so I think I cycled off the cake.

I am still walking on cloud 9...I am looking forward to seeing him this afternoon..he is supposed to come work at the offices this evening and finish up the offices in the back. It really turns me on seeing him use those power tools....oh boy..I think I have been hit with cupid's arrow!!

Oh speaking of cupid...my friend called me sunday morning to invite me to a dinner party for feb 12...she said I can bring a date...woohoo...I will ask but let him know he doesnt have to come if he is not ready...these are my childhood friends and I dont want to rush him or anything...so I am cool if he doesnt want to go...definitely understand...but it will be nice if he does come....I have known some of these friends since elementary school. I will ask him tonight if he wants to go if the situation presents itself.

ok I gotta go before I dream about him all day long...I have tons of stuff to do here at work

have a great day

Cyan

cyan
02-01-2005, 10:35 AM
Wooo Hooo I weighed in this morning at 153.5!!!

I also want to say a warm thank you for all the wonderful posts I have received here..you ladies rock!! It so much fun sharing my thoughts here on this journal aside from helping me lose weight and work things out, its awesome the amount of support that is given here. Ok ok...enough mushy stuff

Oh..one more mushy thing...I saw my cutie pie yesterday.....he was all smiles...it was briefly cause I am at work and am rather shy...but anyway, he called me last night at home and we spoke on the phone for two hours..that was nice. I invited him to my dinner party but told him he was not pressured to come since we are still getting to know each other. This dinner party is in two weeks and they are with childhood friends of mine. Anyway, he said he would let me know. We have our second date this saturday...looking forward to it...I think it should be great. He is very open with his feelings and says stuff like..I have been thinking about you a lot and I like you more each time I see you...its all wonderful stuff.

Ok Ok...I am moving on...I cycled last night for 2o or so minutes..did 6km...food intake was very good...no snacking on belgian cookies ..oh I did have a small slice of cheese cake...with dinner...but that was it.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: frozen lasagna
dinner: tuna sandwich with green salad
snack: fruit smoothie and an orange

exercise: cycling and maybe pilates

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
02-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I am taking a trip to San Fran soon..like in 21/2 weeks..I cant wait to take a break away from work...it will be nice to just not do much of anything...looking forward to it.

I was bad yesterday..I didnt exercise at all...I was very lazy and even went to bed early...by 9pm I was in my bed and by 10...asleep. Guess I must of needed it. It felt good to just do nothing. ahhhhh

I saw my cutiepie yesterday...briefly...it was nice...I think he gets cuter everytime I see him...we spoke briefly..like how was work and all..he looked a little tired...he said he tossed and turned all night...I hope he was able to sleep last night. I get to see him again today ..so that is great..tomorrow I rush off to class and he has hockey..so he wont come tomorrow. Anway..looking forward to date number 2 this saturday.

I have to vacuum my hallway tonight...its full of tiny rocks from winter..my Dad brings them in from the outside. They stick to the soles of his boots..argh!!

I will also cycle. My goal is to be a solid 150 maybe even 149...dare I say it for the end of February...wooohooo...heres to getting out of the 150’s by the end of february. I think I will jump for joy...I must stay on plan...I must not sabotage my efforts....So here’s to sticking to plan...staying on track.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: roast beef with roasted potatoes
dinner: not sure yet...maybe a frozen pizza
snack: fruit smoothie and yogurt

exercise: vacuum and cycling

Have a great Day

Cyan

cyan
02-03-2005, 10:35 AM
Thank goodness..this week has been long. I wound up going home early..left at noon...Made it a personal day...went home...cleaned the floors...I had dust bunnies that wanted to be named...cat fur....argh...and the hallway leading into my house..was full a tiny rocks...from the outside...Dad brings them in on his boots...winter...sucks...anyway...I vacuumed and mopped the floors...phew...that was a good upper body workout. I then went and got my hair cut...that was nice...its started off with a 10 minute chair massage...the girl did my shoulders, back and even did a rub down of my legs Then I went downstairs and got yet another massage..this time it was the scalp with essential oils...and this girl rubbed my neck too and went all down my back..on my skin I thought maybe Mario had shown up and taken over… Finally I got my hair shampooed..more scalp massage...its a wonder I am still awake by the time the hair stylist takes over. So Edith...my hair stylist got busy doing her thing giving my mop of hair a nice sleek shape ..I kept the lenght...just had long layers ...jagged kind done with a razor put in...looks very sleek and modern...she then flat ironed it...to show off the cut...looks good. Too bad my Cutiepie wont see it today...hockey night for him and school for me. I didnt get to see him yesterday either cause I left early...but I did talk to him on the phone...so that was nice.

I cycled last night 6kms ..just over 20 minutes and did situps on the ball. Food was ok...I had one of those oven baked thin crust pizza’s...only 600 calories for the whole thing...very good...I made chicken alfredo for dinner...portion sizes applied here...but I was very full...oh ...I was baaaaaad
I finished off my newyork style cheesecake...that one piece was 430 calories… But at least its out of my fridge.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: two raisin bread toast, 2 pats of butter and portuguese style unriped white cheese..1 oz
lunch: leftovers...chicken alfredo --one cup
dinner: not sure yet...I have to get something at school..thank goodness there is a huge food court next door full of organic healthy choices

exercise: just walking...I get home late..dont think I will exercise today

Have a great day

Cyan

SupaStar
02-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Hey Cyan :wave:

It sounds like you are one busy women. Your hair cut sounds so cute! That's just the way I want mine done. I got a gift certificate ($150) for this local salon that is just fabulous, but i am saving it for June because we are going to Disney then. Can you post a picture of your new hair style? I would love to see it.

How's your Mother doing? You're so awesome to visit her as often as you do. One of my daycare parents (I have a home daycare) visits her grandmother very often, and although it's not exactly the same situation, she still enjoys the visits and the residents love seeing her 1 year old baby she brings.

I've been running on the tredmill just about everyday but last night I cut it short because of knee pain. It was weird. Maybe I'm putting too much stress on it. I'm going to try walking in a few minutes since my two kids have Gymnastics late this afternoon. I've been doing some weight traing but I HATE lifting weights. So boring and takes too much effort :yawn: .

The weird thing about cardio is that no matter how intense I make it, I can still concentrate. With weight training.....well.....I go into lala land and hurt myself.

Cyan...how tall are you? I'm 5'7 and can't remember what the 150's were like. Hey, I'm down 8 pounds. I'll take that. I have come to realize that this weight loss thing isn't going to hapen fast. I might as well just go with the flow. I try not to cheat too much but sometimes that NY cheese cake calls my name too. :)

Well I am off now to go and get the cardio out of the way. See you guys later.

cyan
02-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Welcome Sandy..nice to have someone in here besides me...gets lonely. My Mom is doing as best she can...not much to say..its a horrible illness...she has some good days and bad ones...every visit I go home with urine soaked clothes to wash...its very upsetting...when she was at home with me...which was not so long ago..before dec 14..she was going to the bathroom on her own. So needless to say, I am working through feelings of guilt. But I move on and try to find happiness...to take back my life...I must say it is nice to be able to do things for myself ...like go out of dates...not worry that I have to be home at a certain time to give my Mom her meds...wash her...calm her down...Its bittersweet...but I am no spring chicken....34 ack and I dont want to be alone...I want to find a husband..someone to share my life..so I am glad I am going ahead with that ..that I am able to do that.

Its been a long week although I hate wishing away my days...I want to appreciate each day and feel it...feel every hour ....but I am still learning to me mindful of time. I am always one to look forward and dream of the future...but I need to appreciate and look forward to the now too. Ugh I hope I am making sense.

Anyways, I didnt cycle last night...when I got home I was tired...but I did walk home from the subway...uphill ...in the cold...so I got a bit of cardio workout. I stayed on plan with the food...I had sushi for dinner...yum yum. I did very well ..no deserts of any kind not even those pesky belgian cookies.

I didnt see or speak to my Cutiepie...he is coming tonight so I am looking forward to seeing him at the end of my work day...I like his smile and dancing blue/green eyes. And of course..we have date number 2 tomorrow...so definitely looking forward to that!! woohoo.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: leftovers chicken alfredo (one cup)
dinner: homemade hamburger pattie with green salad

exercise: cycling and floor exercises

Have a great day and weekend

Cyan

SupaStar
02-04-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome cyan! What you said made alot of sense. And you know what? You are so smart to see how bright the future can be. I look at things like set-backs as a learning experience. I am one of those people who only learn by doing and by going through an experience.

You sound like you're a very brave woman and very compasioniate. Your day will come when you will be able to shine in your own glory.

You never did say if you could get a picture of your new hair cut though :) I can hardly wait until my spa day comes. I will not reward myself until I lose at least 40 pounds.

It's so weird seeing the weight come off too. I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning and I can't get over how much slimmer I look. My mother in law even said something the other day. My knee pain went away. Happy about that.

Here's my meal plan for today:

BF: 2 peices of toast; light butter (can' believe it's not butter) and SF jelly
am snack: Apple
Lunch: 1 cup homemade veggie soup DH made last night w/ 1 low-cal fudge bar
Dinner: DH is making pan-sheared salmon w/ sauteed squash & zuccinni (sp?)

Drinks: 1/2 cup milk for breakfast; and WATER, WATER, and more WATER
:dizzy:

Have an awesome weekend!

cyan
02-06-2005, 03:08 PM
the date was FABULOUS!! He is soooo sweet, very honest with his feelings and finds me very hot...yay me!! As you well know..I find him very hot...and was so happy that I am as equally attracted to his personality...I think he might be a keeper. He is coming with me to a dinner date next saturday at a friend’s house...so I am looking forward to introducing him to my childhood friends...he is a bit nervous and when I invited him I told him I would like him to come with me but that it would be ok if he wasnt ready...he said he is nervous but wants to get to know me more so he will swallow his nerves...Oh boy...he is trying...which of course makes him even more appealing to me.

So thats the jist of it...it went well..I like him even more now...and am looking forward to our next date...too bad its a whole week away..but I’ll survive.

Food wise has been ok...I am still at 153.5...so hopefully next week I should be down another pound...I am extra motivated now to get these last 13 pounds off of me. Have a great rest of weekend

Meal plan for today
Brunch: 3 eggwhites(one of those a whole egg) banana, cheese 2oz, 2 whole wheat toast and 2 thin slices of ham, diet coke

Dinner: oven roasted chicken with red peppers and taboule

exercise: pilates and cycling

Have a great day

Cyan

PS I will try to get a shot of my haircut..it kinda looks like the one that the redhead on csi Vegas has.

cyan
02-07-2005, 10:34 AM
I hate mondays

Sorry for the negative attitude..I just dont like mondays...ack! I wish I wasnt at work...I just dont like Mondays..it means I have a whole week of work ahead...stress stress and more stress. Ok I had to get that off my chest...it was festering inside of me...I am releasing it ...breathing it out of me....ahhhhhhhhhh.

Well the weekend was great..I especially like saturday..for obvious reasons...the date was awesome...I am looking forward to our third date. I cant wait to get to know him better...I really like him a lot.

Foodwise was good..I ate lots of good food and did ok with portion control...I cooked a lot this weekend...meatloaf...roasted chicken...all turned out good. I exercised Saturday....with housework and on Sunday I cycled and did pilates.

I feel bloated...PMS ..but I havent had it this bad in a long long time...everything hurts

My friend called me last night to invite me to a ski challet weekend...but the invite was too short notice...its for this weekend...so I had to decline..I think she had other people going but they cancelled out at the last minute..I hope she is able to get last minute replacements.

I am going with Lisa...my other friend to a gym tonight..its close by my home...and hers...she has been putting on weight...and I am looking for a new place to exercise..now that I can go to a gym because I dont have to be home on weeknights..I think I am ready to join a gym..I would like to use their nautilus machines...to strenghten my upper body. They also have yoga and aerobic classes there too..its all part of the club..we are going to see how much it costs to go there.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: leftover meatloaf with mashed potato and two jalapeno peppers
dinner: leftover chicken with plam hearts ( olive oil and balsamic vinager)
snack: protein smoothie

Have a great monday

Cyan
ps: how did your test go Lisa?

SupaStar
02-07-2005, 12:09 PM
Good Monday morning guys!!!!

Yeah, Mondays are bummers for me too but I try to look at it like it's just one more day closer to the weekend :)

CYAN: What line of work are you in? I don't watch CSI or 24 or whatever you mentioned. I know...I am prude but wheny ou have two small kids, it's holy terror until bedtime. so...I don't know what hair style you're talking about exactly. Just whenever you can, I'd love to see it.

I had a hard time with portion control this weekend. We ate out ALL day Saturday (3 meals). We had coupons to use up for free meals :burger: . Yikes...We won't do that again for a while. But I did manage to still lose another pound. My goal is to be down to 190 by the end of this month. I figure by the end of August I should be 130. That's my goal anyway. I'll post progress pictures in another month.

cjunk
02-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Hey Gals,

It has been a while since I have posted and I spent some time reading through some of the posts to get up to speed and all I can say is WOO HOO Cyan!! Your new guy sounds like a real cutie!! Maybe he's getting no sleep because he is up all night tossing and turning thinking of you!!! Your diet and exercise plan sounds like it is going fabulously. I remember when you were worried you wouldn't make it off of 159!!! Your are rocking right now--keep up the great work!!

As for me--I have been the same as always. Gaining a pound here or there over the year and then getting a little chubbier as time goes by...I'm starting to look more and more like my mom. She is cute but a little pudgy. I think I need to incorporate some weight bearing exercises because I am losing my muscle to fat as I age and my metabolism ain't what it used to be so I am going to have to cut portion sizes whether I like it or not. If I don't I will just keep putting it on. I sometimes don't recognize my own face in the mirror because most of the weight is on either my face (or butt!!) and I want to recognize myself again. I am adjusting to a new job and I am downtown Toronto a lot which means more eating out at lunch. There are healthier options but I don't always choose them. So I need your support!!

Sandy welcome to the group! It is nice to hear from new contributors. You seem very focussed on your goals and it sounds as if you have had some successes as well. Congratulations!!

As for me, I need a good kick in the butt--I have been caving. I know what food choices are good and healthy. I know what exercise is good. I am just lazy and eat food that tastes good whether it is good for me or not. It is all within my control to choose.

Gotta go for now,

Cjunk

cyan
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I took the day off from work because I had to go see my Mom’s neurologist ...but first I went to visit my Mom...get her medicare cards...bring home her dirty clothes and of course...visit with her...she seemed very happy to see me and was having a quiet day. I cant wait till the weather warms up so that I can take her outside and for a car ride without worrying too much about it being too cold for her. I hate this illness...I truly do.

So I got home at around 3 pm...chilled for a bit...fixed an early dinner for myself...leftover roasted chicken with couscous salad...and the rest of the belgian cookies..thank goodness they are gone I watched Oprah...man...it was scary...her guests were obsessed with plastic surgery...couldnt believe that.

I took a bath...that was nice to just relax..then I called Mario...and got directions to his house...Got to his house after 7pm and had a wonderful evening with him....He is soooooooooo HOTTTTTT and fun loving...and so much fun to be with. Oh...He wrote me my first poem...he was going to give it to me on Valentine’s day but felt that last night was appropriate...I was so touched....no one has ever written me a poem before...very romantic. He has finished his job here at my offices so I wont be seeing him at the end of my work day but it works out better for me anyway because now he has more free time in the evenings for me...I might see him on friday, then saturday is our dinner party and on sunday he asked if I wanted to go watch him play soccer...how cute is that...He is also an avid golf player so he wants me to try that out with him...I said I would like to do that...So it looks like things are coming along nicely for him and I...I can officially call him my boyfriend...Yep...after 5 long years of being alone..actually longer...I have found a partner that has a lot of potential...I really like him alot and we seem to have lots in common. I look forward to getting to know him more.

Oh...I joined the gym...I took a three month contract just to see how I take to it..I didnt want to pay for the whole year until I know for sure I will be going regularly..which I suspect I will be...but I like to be cautious..I asked if I could start March 1..I am going away on the 19th for a week so I dont want to pay for nothing. but I feel tempted to go next week...I guess we will see how that goes.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: individual quiche with couscous salad
dinner: shrimp and pinapple curry
snack: protein fruit smoothie and yogurt

Still at 153.5...but I have pms..so I know I am holding on to some water weight..would be nice to see 152.5 or even 152 soon!

Sandy..I am a webdesigner!

Hey Cjunk...ok girlfriend..here comes the cyberkick....POWWWWWWWWWW
Come on....you can do this....you know how to be healthy...you deserve this...no more junk...a challenge...for the remainder of the week and weekend...no junk food...no chocolates...fast food...chips...fat sodas...ok
? you can do it...clean your system out from the sugar fest and get your motivation back...YAY Cjunk can do this...yes you can.

Ok ...cyberkick and soap box speech is over.

Have a great day

Cyan

Lisathemommy
02-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Hey girls. Sorry I have been MIA lately. As you know, school has started. I still have been lurking but usually with a baby in my lap, so I can't really type.

Sandy, I'm sorry I wasn't here to welcome you, but WELCOME!!!! Always glad to meet someone new. We are a wild bunch and there used to be much more of us, Taiwan, Reina Mia, MikiG, newinspiration, Lady, and more, but I'm blanking on their names...It's almost midnight and I'm very sick with a horrible cold and I've been up making homemade valentines for my daughter's 1st grade class. Why do I do these things to myself????

Cjunk, I guess Cyan's cyberkick was sufficient, so I will be kind and say hello. I think one of these days I going to have to make a trip to Canada and you and Cyan and I are going to have to get together. We've known each other on the computer for over 2 years!!!

Cyan!!! I am imagining you all aglow with this new love in your life. I'm so excited for you! I've been thinking about you and this Mario fellow! Sounds like things are heating up in the kitchen if you know what I mean. :o :lol:

Well, I'm going to hit the pillow. I am so tired. I don't know why I'm still awake. This cold makes my head feel like it's floating off of my body. EAting wise, today was an off day because I don't feel well, but other than that I'm doing okay.

See y'all later!

Lisa

cyan
02-11-2005, 10:56 AM
I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation this evening...I hope I can get my car out...its under a blanket of snow and a very deep dune like blanket it is. Also, some idiot parked very close...actually encroaching on my driveway..so it makes it very challenging taking out my car...I hate rude people who have no respect for other people’s property...just yesterday morning this other woman parked her car completely obstructing my driveway..thank goodness I was home ...I asked her point blank if she did not see the two signs on my door saying no parking...all they could do was apologize ..boy did she look embarassed..but I really wanted to know is if she saw my very big no parking signs or if she didnt care and figured she can park there. I can never get them to answer me…

I think I am coming down with a cold...actually I know I am...I have a small cold starting...damn...I hate getting sick and right before a plane ride..I hope it clears up by next saturday.

I got home late last night...so no exercising...but I did do a lot of walking...and walked home from the metro..uphill...at a descent pace..so I think that counts for some exercising.

Well..Tom has arrived....I am looking forward to weighing in after it is gone to see how much weight I have lost..I am hoping to see 152 pounds!! Fingers crossed.

I didnt speak to my Cutiepie last night...so I am looking forward to seeing him tonight...but I am not sure if I have the energy to shovel my way out or if someone will be blocking me in. I might ask him to come get me cause otherwise..I will have to come home which is around 5.30...eat dinner...shower...then go out and shovel for atleast 30 minutes if not more...then I will be all sweaty and full of snow...not a good first impression when you are meeting his family. And I am coming down with a cold...so hmmmm...I think if he doesnt want to come get me...I will take tonight off for myself. I guess I will have to see how I am feeling later on today.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: shrimp, pineapple curry
dinner: dont know yet..most likely a hearty sandwich
snack: protein fruit smoothie

exercise: dont know yet.

Ok have a great weekend

Cyan

cjunk
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Hello Again,

Cyan, I didn't get your Cyberkick until today, so I think the strawberry tart I split with a friend for breakfast (yikes--see how bad I have gotten??), will have to be forgotten and I will start fresh as of now. Thanks for helping me get back on track. Your new guy sounds very cool and romantic as well. He must really like you if he is introducing you to his family. It takes a lot for guys to do that. And poetry writing ---that's another plus---and---getting you to come to his game means you will meet some of his friends---another plus!! So I think you can safely say that maybe he is as smitten with you as you are with him!! I am very happy for you.

Lisa, great to hear from you. Colds are the worst, especially because they take so much energy out of you and you end up still having to do work and or other obligations. How is your new home? I imagine that you are loving it!!

Sandy, I hope everything is going well for you. Lisa is right that we used to have so many people on this post and many of them I miss very dearly as we really spent a lot of time all getting to know one another.

I went indoor rock climbing on Friday night and yesterday did a bunch of shopping and went to my in-laws to-be's for dinner. Had a nice healthy meal and a small piece of dessert (banana bread) with coffee. May be doing some night skiing tonight depending on how much work I get done as I have some documentation to write before Monday. I have been fighting a cold off and on for the past week and I feel pretty drained today although I am doing okay. Spent about 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today cleaning as the past 2 weeks at work have been so busy that I have been very lazy in that department so our place was a mess!! It's pretty spotless now and we did a thorough cleaning and all the laundry as well. I am just in the process of washing all the bed sheets etc. Boy did our place need all that attention!!

Found a new climbing gym in Toronto that looks better than the ones we have been going to and I am hoping to try it out sometime this week. I have been working downtown a lot and they just opened a little skating rink right across from my office building so I think I may bring some skates and go skating at lunchtime. I've been going out for lunch a lot when I work downtown, but most of my lunches have been very healthy because my favorite is sushi and so are my co-workers favorites. I also have a co-worker who has only eats veggies and there is a great vegetarian buffet just down the street.

So here is my problem:

1. I eat too much food in a day (more than what I need). Most of my problems are just before catching the train home as the station has tons of junk food places and I have been working late and been hungry for dinner. Last week I brought an energy protein bar and it took care of that problem, so I will have to do that again. I also tend to binge eat at night before bedtime when I don't even feel hungry. I think it is because I am not too tired and am forcing myself to bed because I know my mornings are early and if I don't go to bed early I feel exhausted the next day. So the food makes me more sleepy and helps me to sleep. Maybe I'll start taking a hot bath before bedtime instead!

2. I have been really bad with eating junk food lately. Mostly I have been eating lots of sweets. This is unlike me because usually I am not into sweets. However, I am starting to get sick of them, because I have overeaten them so I am hoping that this aversion combined with your cyber-kicks will help!!

Cyan, I think I am going to start doing what you do, which is map out the foods I eat (good and bad--no cheating!! In their entirety). I think you guys will be shocked to see the true quantity of the crap I am eating and know that I have to stop and maybe it will help me to map it out too!!

So the plan is that I will post tomorrow what I ate today. And then hopefully this will help me to plan my meals instead of just eating them.

Talk to you all soon,

Cjunk

cyan
02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
I had a wonderful weekend despite this horrible sinus cold....yes its the second cold since the beginning of this year...which is rather unusual for me but being that I have been under a lot of stress...well I am trying to cope with stress better..I dont want to get sick again for a long time.

I am down to 152 pounds...so I lost anoter 1.5 pounds last week!! I am so excited to see those numbers go down on my scale. I am hoping to see 151 by next weekend ..before I get myself on that plane to San Fran.

Well, I had a wonderful time with Mario...he is just my cup of tea...I met his brother, his brother’s 2 kids (very sweet kids indeed) and his brother’s girlfriend...and it went well...they were very polite and welcoming so it all turned out fine...On Saturday, we went over to my friend’s dinner party...and it was so much fun and Mario fit in well...my friends liked him alot and conversation flowed naturally and freely. I think he is a definite keeper now. I told him I wasnt ready to cook for him at my house or to introduce him to my Dad...he was perfectly fine with that...so I went over to his house Sunday afternoon and we hung out...went out to a movie...Hitch...and then we went out to dinner..went back to his place ..hung out some more and then he went to play soccer at night....and I went home...all in all...it was a great weekend and I didnt tire of him ...I actually wanted to spend even more time with him.

He gave me a rose for valentine’s with a poem he wrote me....sooooooooo SWEEEEEEEET!! Ok..enough mushy stuff.

My food intake was great this weekend...I didnt overeat at all.

Food Plan for today
lunch: Panini sandwich with side salad
dinner: leftover meatloaf with mashed potato
snack: fruit protein drink and a fruit of some kind
beverages: water tea and diet cola

exercise: if I feel up to it...I will cycle...this cold has the better of me right now

Cjunk...looks like you are reconfirming your committement to your weighloss plan..which is great. I find writing down what I eat helps me with portion control..it helps me stay accountable...now I am no way perfect but seeing how much food I eat really helps me...I hope it will do the same for you.

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
02-15-2005, 10:53 AM
Looks like this cold is starting to clear up. I am still coughing and blowing my nose a lot but at least I am getting my energy back. I have been bad with the exercising this week...too tired to do anything after work except the basic essentials...eat, wash up ...watch a bit of tv, talk on the phone and go to bed. Gee..it sounds like I am a teenager… Oh well.

I did great with the food intake yesterday...I didnt have my frozen lasagna for lunch...didn’t feel like it..instead I had a mortadella sandwich with a side order of vegetables...sweet pepper, brocolli, slaw..home made kind...it was awesome...I couldnt eat it all..so I will have the rest of it today for lunch. Dinner from a beef and potato stew my Dad bought from the portuguese take out place.

I had valentine’s chocolate at work...three lindt chocolate hearts...those were good...which ofcourse made me crave sweets all day long but thank goodness I didnt have any sweets at home so I wasnt able to binge on any. Those cravings can be very intense.

I spoke with my Sweetie pie on the phone...he is picking me up at work since he has to get his paycheck for the work he did at our offices and then we are going back to my place for dinner And of course a quick introduction to my Dad. Mario is taking me to the airport on Saturday so I figured he should meet my Dad before then. Anyway, hopefully things will go well and they should...its just me and my silly ideas but I think its time to at least have him say hello to my old man.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: mortadella sandwich with vegetables
dinner: chicken stirfry with vegetables...broccoli, bell peppers, onion, palm hearts
snack: protein fruit smoothie

exercises: not feeling to good yet.

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
02-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Oh how I hate weather like this..I am freezing at work...so cold...it looks like its closer to 5pm instead of 10 am. I would much rather be in my bed..under my covers snuggled with my kitty...or my BF.

Speaking of my BF...he met my Dad last night...it went well...it was a pleasant introduction and then my Dad left for the evening..even though he has a bad cold...I gave him my cold..poor fellow. Anyway, he still wanted to go out to see his friends...I guess hard habits die hard...anyway, I then made a chicken and vegetable stirfry..very healthy and we enjoyed that. I showed Mario some of my pictures from my travels..he got to see some of the places I have visited and what I looked like when I was in my 20’s. He said I havent changed much..bless his heart...he said...you are as beautiful now as you were then. My heart melted. Later he told me that he is falling for me...this is while he has me in a big bear hug and looking deeply into my eyes...I thought I was in a soap opera..I tell you. Anyway, the evening was great...I enjoyed just chilling with him...not doing much and watching tv in my house clothes...that was a test...I wanted to see how he would react to me in loose pajama bottoms and an oversized tshirt...his first words to me...wow..you look sexy!!! I think I will be checking for batteries at the back of his head soon cause he is just too sweet to me. Anyway, before I go on and on I will move on to how I did with the food intake.

Food intake yesterday was great...I stuck to plan...no chocolates or deserts. I didnt exercise though...I will see how I feel tonight. I think I can finally go see my Mom...thank goodness...I hate not being able to see her but I understand that it is dangerous to go to the residence if you are sick with a bad cold. They are very strict about that...but some of the residents there are rather frail and old...I would feel horrible if I would make them sick...I already made my Dad sick and he is in bad shape now..I feel very bad for him right now. I hope he gets his strength back soon.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: protein shake..about 4 oz, 1/2 bun with reduced fat peanut butter
lunch: last night’s chicken stirfry with taboule
dinner: meat loaf with mashed potato
snack: yogurt and fruit smoothie

exercise: maybe cycling if I have the energy

Have a great day

Cyan

scnorris2001
02-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Can I join?? I need some motivation desperately. I do really great some days and really bad other days! I'm 29, have an 8 year old daughter and weigh 228.5 lbs as of this morning. My goal is to get to a size 8 or 6. I'm 5'5". In 2002, I was down to 192 and completed four 5K road races! My weight high was 234 lbs and my size low was size 8 (in 1997)!

There's a 5K on April 9, 2005 that I really want to enter. I would need to lose some weight to enter though. I really loved doing the races! I would walk a little and run a little in them. But my last one was completed in 39min22sec. Not too bad for 192 lbs and 3.1 miles! I really, really want to do that race. It's a course I ran in 2002 and loved! Would you all mind to help a little with some motivation and kicks in the butt when necessary?? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Stephanie

~ And I also have a really great guy (who is 6'2" 220lbs and very very handsome) that has fallen in love with me despite my feeling I'm not at my best. And I would love to show him how I am when I'm more confident about my looks!

scnorris2001
02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Ack! I've lost two posts somehow!

Ok! Anyway, I forgot to tell you all that my boyfriend and I have dated since October 2002 and he moved in with me November 2004. We're not engaged yet but it will probably happen sometime soon.

And for diet, this is what I've eaten so far today!

2 eggo waffles for breakfast ~ 200 cals
2 Thin mint cookies at my morning break ~ 85 cals
frozen sesame chicken meal for lunch ~ 320 cals
4 thin mint cookies at my afternoon break ~ 170 cals
10 hershey kisses while at my desk during day ~ Cals unknown right now
Dinner will probably be a Manwich sandwich lest it go to waste. Made some on monday evening because my boyfriend likes it. And I don't think he's eaten it all yet. And I don't want to be wasteful so I will have that for dinner if there's any left. So Dinner will be yummy but will be horrible for a diet!

I usually don't get any exercise in but really need to! I've bought one of those little trampolines (36" diameter) for in the house so that I can hopefully jog in place for a bit without hurting my knees or my neighbors feeling like I'm trying to singlehandedly demolish my townhouse. I'll try to get in at least 20 minutes jogging on my trampoline this evening. I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!

Thanks again!
Stephanie

scnorris2001
02-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Ok. I did not do so well last night as I would have hoped. The only exercise I did was walking round the mall a little after my mother lured me there with sweetness and the promise of a barbecue chicken pizza! After she left the mall, I checked out a great sale that was going on. I got a pair of pants, 3 sweaters and one shirt for $20.74. -Not bad! And it all 'Just' fits which will give me room to lose weight and still be able to enjoy my good finds for a while!

I have discovered that I don't really do badly while at work. That saves me through most of the day. It's after I get home that I partake of the REALLY heinous things. I resisted cookies and cheesecake at the mall. BUT when I got home, I ate two small manwich sandwiches and finished off the valentine's day cake that I'd bought for my daughter and I to enjoy. (all this on top of the 10" barbecue chicken pizza that I'd had at the mall) Was I hungry? NO. Why did I eat? I don't really know. But I do know that I must do better than all that.

Thanks for all the help! So far today, I've just had my two eggo waffles at 200 calories! No snacks, no hershey kisses yet. Much better start for the day!

Stephanie

scnorris2001
02-17-2005, 10:52 AM
Cyan - I definitely don't mean any disrespect with what I said about my mother 'luring' me there. I totally enjoy spending time with her and my sister and daughter all together! I can't imagine how difficult it is for you with your mother. My prayers and thoughts go out for you and your family.

Stephanie

cyan
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Stephanie...pashaw...dont worry about offending me...you are lucky you have a Mom that lurs you. That's what mothers do...they bug, pester, lur, love and give great advice..most times..nobody is perfect. I miss my Mom but she was not an angel either...so its all good. Feel free to be yourself..this is what this weight loss journey is all about...you have to be honest with yourself..its the only way I have found that works for me ... I had to get to the bottom of why I was overeating and not respecting my body...it takes time..its a life process full of decisions , trials and errors..but eventually you figure it out.
Ack!! After work I have to go over to the university for my Flash computer course..Ack!! Oh well...gotta get done. My cold is still with me...maybe I should give it a name...its getting better...its at the stage where you blow your nose a lot...so I am hoping its clearing out. I have been taking extra vitamins and eating the best foods I can muster to eat.

I cycled last night for 20 minutes...6kms...that was a nice introduction back to exercising after not doing it all week. My food intake has been very good this week...I haven’t really fallen off the wagon and that is very good especially since I had my period this week. I ate on plan...no real extra unplanned foods..so its all good.

I spoke with my Cutiepie on the phone last night however brief...I wont hear or speak to him today..our schedules are too crazy on thursdays...I have work and school and he has work and then later on in the evening when I am getting home...he is going off to play his beloved game of hockey. only gets home after midnight.

On friday, I have to bring my car over to my friend Ivano’s house..he will store it for me while I am away next week...he is an awesome friend. I am going out to our favorite Indian restaurant for dinner and then Ivano will drop me off at home. Mario is coming over for 8 pm friday night..gonna snuggle and watch a movie. He is taking me to the airport Saturday morning...and then picking me up when I get back.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: meatloaf with mashed potato
dinner: maybe sushi
snack: fruit smoothie and yogurt

exercise: if I get home early enough...I will cycle

Have a great day

Cyan

scnorris2001
02-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I've learned something very important today! I won't die without a dessert at every meal! It's still kinda scary but now I know it's true. I wanted something sweet with my lunch. I made myself wait. (I have those hershey kisses in my desk if I start to go crazy for something sweet) I got back to work and still kinda wanted something. I almost took one. Then I looked at them and said "NO". I said " I am not hungry". "I do not need to eat the candy". A second after that the little voice started (very gently) and said "but you can have just one, it won't kill you". -I usually give in to that little voice! But then I said (to myself) firmly "NO, I am not hungry". And it worked!!!! And now I am fine. It's several hours later now. I don't even want a candy now. I survived!!!

I don't know if anyone else has ever had this revelation (probably so) but it is just so wonderful!! And Please forgive me for posting often. I just really feel the need to keep myself motivated. And this is such a wonderful hurdle to have come past!!!

Smiling now! :)
Stephanie

scnorris2001
02-17-2005, 05:30 PM
I cycled last night for 20 minutes...6kms...that was a nice introduction back to exercising after not doing it all week. My food intake has been very good this week...I haven’t really fallen off the wagon and that is very good especially since I had my period this week. I ate on plan...no real extra unplanned foods..so its all good.
Cyan

That is awesome! That's how you do it! Just jump right back in and get going. Great job. And you have a safe and wonderful trip! I will probably continue posting while you're gone just to keep myself motivated.

Except on the weekends since I don't have an internet worthy computer right now. My boyfriend's family has given us a computer (a dell 4-5 years old)because a family member got a new one, but somehow it hasn't gotten to us yet. It's stopped at his uncle's home and his uncle is doing goodness knows what with it. I think he's changing stuff out on it. I'm afraid to know what all he's done. Hopefully we'll get it soon! (without many problems)

Have a great trip!!

Stephanie

scnorris2001
02-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Woohoo! I did so good yesterday! I ate 1,362 calories for the day and I jogged for 30 minutes! I've started today out excellently also! I had two waffles and 1/3 cup yogurt for a total of 270 calories and walked for 10 minutes! I'm going to hit the gym this weekend and see if I can log some actual miles on the treadmill!

Cyan - have a safe trip! And have lots of fun!!

Stephanie

cjunk
02-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the site!! I have been posting here every week or so for the past few years. You will find us a friendly and caring bunch with lots of good advice for one another. I really enjoy this group.

I read your posts and have to say that normally I do pretty good at work as well and then sabotage sometimes in evenings. For me (although it may be different for you), it is sometimes connected to boredom in the winter. So now I am trying to enjoy some winter outdoor activities even if it is for a short period of time just to get me off of my butt and off of the couch. The irony is that I am currently writing this while on my butt on the couch!!

I have been experimenting with cooking lately and discovered that if you feel like dessert at the end of a meal--don't take it away, just replace it with something that feels indulgent and is still pretty good for you.

This month's chatelaine has a good recipe for banana/chipit spring rolls using low fat phyllo pastry---yet they look decadent. I also buy frozen yoghurt bars sometimes, I buy fresh fruit--grapes and strawberries are usually decadent feeling and I dip them in melted dark chocolate (not milk) which is usually lower in calories. I am allergic to regular chocolate thickeners but discovered that the 75-85% chocolate is fine by me. So I say don't deny yourself the dessert just find some healthier dessert choices and then eventually a handful of grapes will feel like dessert in many cases because it is so sweet!!

May I make some suggestions?? Try and change up your waffles for breakfast. These are often refined carbs which may make you crave more food and often foods high in sugar (like the hershey kisses!!). I think if you can replace the waffles with a high fibre cereal or fruit etc. you may find that your entire day might be easier.

You are doing great---keep up the great work and the determination!!! I admire your ability to run--running makes me feel miserable--my knees always hurt so much when I try to run. Good for you for entering races!!

Cyan--it sounds like a fantastic romance you are in right now and it is inspiring me to spark up my own!! I have a great guy and sometimes forget to enjoy how fantastic he is!!

I read a magazine article where Will Smith (my hollywood boyfriend --ha, ha,--cute, funny talented, and unassuming), said he left a note for when his wife Jada came home which was next to an overnight bag that told her to pack and meet him at a location where he swept her off of her feet for a night out. I am thinking of doing something like that for my guy as I liked the idea, but I need some inspiration from you Cyan!! It sounds like your weight loss is going well and thank goodness your cold is almost gone!!

How are you doing Lisa? Haven't heard from you in a while!

I have had an emotional roller coaster week because of those raging hormones we women have regularly!! I got through those few weird days and now I am feeling much better. I increased my iron to 2 tablets per day during this time and it has really helped me!

Gotta go,

Cjunk

MikiG
02-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Hi everyone :) Just a quick hello. Still not back on track with my eating or exercise. Just cannot seem to get things under control. I need some heavy duty motivating! One big thing is finding time to get back in here more often!! Just doesnt seem to be enough hrs in the day. Anyway, wanted to check in. Hope to be back soon.
Miki

cyan
02-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Well I am back at work...and boy is it hard..after having a nice week off...sleeping in...lazy around..it is very hard to be back to my normal routine...but I think its a good thing. I ate way to much stuff I dont normally eat..not necessarily bad food...for example...I ate more prepared foods and too much cheese. So this week is going back to my way of eating...I am also not regular from last week..so working on getting that back on track...sigh!

I had a wonderful sunday yesterday...spent it with my cutiepie...Mario picked me up at around 10.30 am..we went for breakfast...then he needed to get a couple of jeans...he asked me to help him out with that...so I picked out two really nice jeans...different styles..one is tommy hillfiger ..relaxed fit and the othe is buffalo jeans button fly for slim fit...man oh man ...what a great body he has...he looked so hot...I wanted to jump his bones right then and there...lucky me LOL. We then went back to my place, I made dinner...roasted chicken thighs with bell peppers and tomato salad. We then went over to his place and we hung out there for awhile… by 6.30 I was pooped...still a bit jet lagged so he drove me home ...he had a soccer game at 8..which I was supposed to go and watch but I was too tired for that. I got home..took a hot bath...finished unpacking...put away my clothes that I had washed earlier. Konked out in front of the tv and was alseep my 9.30pm.

Wish I was still sleeping..it was so hard to get up this morning..but I did..and somehow managed to make it to the office.

I weighed myself this morning and I am up 2 pounds from before my trip..I will see if it will come off once I visit the bathroom..if ya know what I mean..otherwise...I gained two pounds ...argh! I am planning on going to the gym tonight...time to start my workout.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: frozen lasagna
dinner: tuna salad sandwich
snack: yogurt, banana

Have a great day

Cyan

scnorris2001
02-28-2005, 12:52 PM
I have been so sick! I missed work all last week. I'm trying to get over bronchitis (which has also moved into an ear infection). I'm feeling much better today but I still have an horrendous cough. I'm hoping that I can jog for at least 10 minutes tonight. I haven't done anything all week. Haven't watched what I was eating either. I was just too sick. I hope to be back on track in a couple days! Just wanted to let you all know where I've been! I'll let you know if I manage any kind of jogging tonight!

Stephanie

cyan
03-01-2005, 12:16 PM
I weighed this morning and I am down a pound (of the two pounds I gained last week) so its back to 153...hopefully by the end of this week I will be at 152...AGAIN!! I need to get off of the 150’s already. I was supposed to go to the gym last night...but I didnt go...I went to see my Mom...I hadnt seen her all of last week cause I was away...she was doing fine but I had lots of clothes to wash for her...so after my visit with her I went home and did her laundry...which took up most of my evening but it needed to get done. So now its ready for my Dad to bring it back today. You go away for just one week and things pile up...my Dad is not to good with taking care of my Mom..so its up to me to make sure things get done.
I wish my Mom wasnt sick...I hate this friggin illness.

I got on my bike last night to cycle..I managed 10 minutes...I guess I am still tired from the plan ride and time change. That intestinal pain I had is also gone...nothing a little fiber wont take care of I am not used to eating too many prepackaged foods..so I felt the difference. Its nice to be cooking my food again...at least I know what is in there....REAL FOOD!! LOL Anyway, by the time all the laundry and cooking was done...it was 9pm.

I slow cooked a beef curry last night for tonight’s dinner...Mario is picking me up at work and coming over for dinner and to hang out. Did I mention how much I like him...k..just checking. He rocks!! I spent a good two hours talking on the phone with him and got to bed after 11pm..time flies when the conversation is good. We are planning our first vacation for late summer..like in September...we are planning to go to New Orleans...I have always wanted to go there...so I think it will be a great first vacation with Mario....definitly looking forward to it. His parents are coming in from Spain late june and staying the rest of the summer...so looks like I will be meeting his parental units.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: 4 mini crab cakes with feta cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers
dinner: beef curry with noodles
snack: pear, plum and berry boost fruit smoothie

exercise: hopefully some cycling

Have a super duper day

Cyan

PS Feel better soon Stephanie

Hey Miki get yer bum back in here...I miss reading your posts

cyan
03-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Looks like this week is going by fast!! Its gym time tonight...looking forward to it..havent worked out at a gym in many many years...should feel good...I want to use the nautilus machines to work out my upper body and abs area and lower body too..ok I guess I need it all over...LOL

Anyway, last night was great...Mario picked me up at work...we went over to my house and hung out...had a nice dinner...looks like he enjoys my cooking...YAY!! Cause its low fat cooking but he doesnt seem to mind...it was a beef curry with snow peas. I had of course portuguese bread and cheese for him on the side. He must really like me cause he wants to come over again tonight...after my work out of course...or maybe its the ribs I was slow cooking in the oven last night.... In anycase...ribs or me...or both...he will be there for 7.30pm. I didnt realize how funny he is...he had me laughing most of the evening...I could tell he is definitely comfortable around me. and of course I am with him...still cant get over how hot he is...Oh and he wore the new jeans I picked out for him this weekend...the loose fit Tommy Hillfiger...he looked really good in them. Ok enough about my CutiePie.

Food intake was good but I had some ice cream...about a third cup...but I scaled back on the beef curry...so it might of all worked out to the same amount of calories.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: left over beef curry
dinner: ribs (home-made) with a green salad
snacks: pear, banana, fruit smoothie

exercise: work out at the gym for an hour

Have a great day

Cyan

scnorris2001
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Cyan- that's awesome! It's so nice to find someone that you enjoy being with! I'm so happy for you!!! And a hottie, too! That's even better!! :)That's awesome that you're going to the gym. I need to go more often. I've had a membership since last july and I haven't been in a few months! It's pitiful to have something like that and just let it waste. -Means that I really don't have too many excuses, doesn't it?

I'm trying to get back on track after being sick. I think today will be my best day since I've been sick. I must do some jogging tonight! On a good note, I did lose weight while I was sick. The last time I weighed before getting sick, I was 227.5 (2/18/05). Now I weigh 226 lbs.!! I'm so happy to have that 1.5 lbs. gone! Now I'm pushing towards 225! Can't wait to see it!!

Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

scnorris2001
03-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Yippee! I am finally back on track after being sick (still really trying to get over the stuff)! I did not get any exercise in yesterday. I'm still just so tired. I'm totally on track for today though! And so happy about it! I had my two waffles for breakfast ~200 cals.
Brought my lunch to work ~320 cals.
AND brought some mini carmel rice cakes! Those are 60 cals for 7 mini cakes! And they taste great!
And hopefully I'll be able to make myself exercise tonight. I desperately need to do that!! I'm hoping that I can get to 225 by Monday. I don't know what it is about hitting the 5's and 0's but it just makes you feel like you're going somewhere!

Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

cyan
03-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Man I had no idea how weak my uper body is...I could barely do 10 reps of those exercises using the nautilus machines that work your shoulders , arms and chest...those machines are hard. I faired better with my abs..thanks to pilates, back and legs...those were fun but I still used just about the smallest weights possible. I must continue strengthening my upper body.
I think Mario is afraid I will wind up looking like Madonna with extra sculpted arms...I said...fat chance that happening...he told me again that my body is beautiful. He is so sweet...I wont see him till Saturday evening...he has a contract at a clients house after work to finish rennovating a bathroom...Damn he’s a hard worker. Thats good..I need time to myself to finish unpacking, setting up my new computer, and seeing Ivano...I will spend friday night and saturday afternoon with him...he is still in pretty bad shape ...his Mom passed away suddenly two weekends ago...he cries alot when I talk to him on the phone...so it will be very good for him to see me and spend quality time alone. He helped me out so much with my Mother and supported me through that so it is the very least I can do for him...I need to be there for my dear friend.

I have class tonight so I will leave work early today...I find it to hard to work all day and then go to class in the evening..I dont have the stamina to do both.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk, two whole wheat toast, reduced peanut butter (1 tbs) and 1 oz cheese
Lunch: dont know yet
Dinner: maybe spaghetti
snack: plum
beverages: water , tea and diet cola

I have to get some shopping done this weekend

Have a great day

Cyan

Hey Stephanie..I challenge you to go to the gym 3 times next weekend...I will go monday wednesday and friday ...so here's your challenge..are you up for it?

scnorris2001
03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Cyan - I'll accept your challenge! I'm breathing a sigh, knowing that I'll have a difficult time with it, but I WILL do it!! My goal after getting to the gym will be to travel 3.1 miles on the treadmill. That way I can check my time for a 5K. And start getting better at that time! This weekend may end up pretty enough to actually go outside and run on the trail! The first thing I need to do is schedule the gym trips. That way there will be no backing out. No thinking that I will do it later, etc. I will post again once I've figured out exactly when I can/will go to the gym. Saturday morning is a definite. I need to see when the gym opens and when my boyfriend has to go to work to know if I can go this Sunday. There is no daycare at the gym on Sundays, so he would need to watch my daughter. Boy oh boy. I've got to get over this mental block of going to the gym. I'm giving myself one million and one excuses for why I can't go to the gym on any given day. No wonder I never end up there!! :) Ok. I will be going to the gym 3 times over the next week. (maybe all this weekend) I will schedule the times as appointments and keep them thusly! I will post back with my gym appointments as soon as I decide on the times!!!

Thank you so much for challenging me to this. I really needed it. And I'm just a little competitive so I don't back down from a reasonable challenge easily!!!

Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

scnorris2001
03-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Ok. I said that I would post back with my three appointments for the gym. I just found out that my daughter is staying with my mother until Saturday. She is still not feeling well. Supposedly still hacking a little. I wonder what 8 year old would feel well when at their grandmother's and faced with going home and to school?? I know I never felt well faced with those options!! But anyway...it frees me up to go to the gym tonight!
Tonight and Saturday morning. And I will get back to you with the third appointment! It would be good for me to find three days each week that I could set a definite weekly schedule. I need to determine which would be best for Savannah with her homework.
Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

scnorris2001
03-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Ok I didn't make it to the gym last night. I cashed my paycheck and got some groceries, took them home and put them away. Realized I didn't have anything clean to wear to the gym so I decided not to go. BUT I did not sit on my butt all evening! I cleaned house like a madwoman! I cleaned from 6PM to 10PM sitting down only a couple minutes a few times! I broke a sweat and got my heart rate up! And I'm sore from bending over so much! My place does look much better too! I will still go to the gym three times. I just don't know when I'll go other than Saturday morning!

Last night I ended up snacking! I blew a great day on some darn crackers!! I ended up eating 1,700 calories for the entire day yesterday. I have to say that I was doing great not eating too much last night until I sat down around 10 PM. I should have just went to bed. I was tired. But instead, I stayed up an hour longer and added 630 calories to my calorie intake for the day. I was at 1070 calories for the day before I sat down at that time. And I WASN'T hungry. How silly I am sometimes. I was just craving those stupid crackers. Next time I will just go to bed if I am tired. I will not eat something when I am tired enough to go to bed and it's bedtime!! I will do better!

Today has started off very good again! I have had my 200 cal breakfast and today I brought a 250 cal lunch with me. Along with my mini carmel rice cakes if I want something sweet. And I will be more careful with my cal intake this evening!
Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

cyan
03-04-2005, 11:09 AM
wooooooohooooooooo I love Fridays!! I finished work at noon yesterday...took the bus to my favorite Sushi take out restaurant...picked up my lunch and walked home...I walked for about an hour round trip in subzero temperatures...it felt good...the sun was so bright that it helped keep me warm. It felt good to walk. Had my Sushi ...then dyed my hair...took a nap with Kitty...talked on the phone with my friend Lisa..then I went to Class...it was a great class..very good when you are not tired from working all day. I walked from the bus stop to class..about another 10 minutes and then on the way home...from the subway to my house...uphill...another 10 minutes..all in all ..I think I got my cardio in..I kept a brish pace whilst walking.

Tonight I go to the gym again with Lisa. I will focus on weights again..I figured at the gym I will do weights..with the nautilus machines and at home I will do aerobics..like cycling and walking.

Ivano is picking Lisa and I up after the gym..so he will meet us there..we will head back to my house for dinner and to hang out for the rest of the evening. Then on Saturday...the three of us will go shopping for food. Then I gotta get my car back from Ivano’s driveway..I parked it there whilst away in San Fran.

I finally get to see my Cutiepie Saturday night...I am meeting his close friends I think Lisa and Ivano might join us too… to make for a bigger group...we are going to this restaurant that is buffet style but you order it from a menu and they bring it to your table..as much as you can eat...LOL dont worry I have a cap on this...Its Schezchuan style food...YUM YUM.

I didnt get to talk to Mario last night but thats cool...it’s nice to get my space and I am sure him...his space...He is finishing up a client’s bathroom rennovation. Actually this client...Richard is the guy that introduced me to Mario..indirectly...Richard is an architect ...so when our offices were getting renovated I called Richard to help design our new layout...He then hired Mario to come to the rennovations...badabing...there you have it...Mario came over to work on my office...and my eyes started sparkling...my mind started working on over drive....a little convo here and there ...like...wow...you work two jobs...your wife must be mad that you are never home....No..I am not married...My eyes get bigger...My heart beats a little faster....Well then...your girlfriend....No..I have no girlfriend...Your Kids...No kids....BINGOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Let starts this show....and so it begun...the friendly chatter....for a few months...until he finally had the nerve...or desire to ask me out on our first date...Heheheh!!

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: two whole wheat toast, one egg, one slice of cheese, chili sauce
lunch: half a smoke meat sandwich
dinner: ribs and green salad
snacks: berries (frozen one cup), banana

exercise:weights at the gym for one hour

Have a great day

Cyan

Hey Steph...I am off to the gym this tonight and I will go again on Sunday..so that's my three days for me!! Come on you can do it. Have a great weekend

scnorris2001
03-04-2005, 05:23 PM
Have a great weekend!! I may not get to post again until Monday!

Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

Lisathemommy
03-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Hello ladies. I've been lurking but with no time to post. You all know how I am when I'm in school. Things are so busy.

Cyan, I am so sexcited...I mean excited about your new man! Sounds like things are heating up in the kitchen. Woohoooo!!! You go girl!

Stephanie, you seem to be doing awesome with your motivation and positive attitude. Keep up the good work!!

Cjunk, I'm still here! Aren't you getting married??? Sounds like Cyan might need some wedding advice one day soon. hee hee hee!

Well, *Sigh* it's Monday. Saturday, my kids went with my mother-in-law and flew to Arizona to see my sister-in-law's. They won't be back until tomorrow night. I was so excited that they were going and to have a quiet time here with just the baby, but once I left the airport, I was sooooo sad!!!! I miss them terribly! They call often and they e-mail pictures, so that helps. But I can't wait for them to get back!

Okay, eating. Weightloss. Blah Blah Blah.....blah blah blah...blah.....
I have been eating everything in sight. I don't know why, I've just been eating. Lots of chocolate. I think my body may be trying to start ovulating again and causing me to have a period soon. I haven't really had one since the baby was born and I'm still breastfeeding. But as he is 10 months old now, he's eating more solid foods and I'm breastfeeding only slightly less. I'm up to about 205 or maybe a little less. I'm too scared to go weigh myself. I'm not sure if I should start doing ATkins again, or if I should just start watching what I eat better. Less dessert and breads, more fruits and veggies....hmmmmm.. I think once I'm done breastfeeding, my body will leg go of a few pounds. I just keep seeing these cute ladies my age at church and at the hospital and on TV and they are so cute. I'm not talking about super models, I'm just talking about people who are at their normal weight. Then I see myself and I am so FAT. I look so out of proportion because I still have a skinny face and skinny legs. My belly, hips, thighs and butt are HUGE!! It's disgusting. I'm really at a loss and I don't know what to do. I need motivation and encouragement. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all!

Lisa

cyan
03-07-2005, 11:12 AM
It wasn’t too bad getting up this morning..thank goodness..there are days where I think my eyes are glued shut.

Hey Lisa..hang in there...my advice to you is not to give up...refocus..maybe really think about why it is you are sabotaging your weight loss..maybe you can come up with a reason...you are under alot of stress...motherhood, student, wife...thats a lot to deal with...you have to get it right in your head first...make the decision to lose the weight..you have to do that first..there is no way around it...its a concious effort to lose weight..simply follow a diet plan never worked for me...just hang in there...it will click sooner or later..hugs

Hey Stef...did you make it to the gym?

As usual, the weekend flew on by..I went to the gym on Friday for weights and then again on Sunday...I go again tonight ...I am planning on going mondays, wednesdays, fridays and sundays. Lets see if I see a change in my body at the end of this month.

It was very nice spending friday evening and Saturday afternoon with Ivano and Lisa...They also came with me to the restaurant Saturday night and met my Boyfriend’s friends as well. Saturday evening went very well and his friends were very nice, genuine and fun to hang around with...so it went well as I expected it would. Mario is such a cutiepie....always makes me smile when I think of him. I saw him again on sunday afternoon after going to the gym and visiting with my Mom...She is doing the best she can...I cant wait till the weather warms up so that it will be easier for me to take her for car rides and not have to worry about ice and such and cold weather.

So tonight is gym time again...then I have to wash my clothes...washed my Mom’s yesterday so I ran out of time...and make chili con carne for tomorrow’s dinner or lunch depending on how I feel..maybe it will be for lunch.

Mario is coming over tuesday night..I think we are going to go see a movie...Constantine...Keanu is so hot...cant wait!!

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chicken breast with hummus and tzatiki ...one tbs each
dinner: ham sandwich on whole wheat with asparagus
snack: grapes and yogurt

exercise: gym work out

Have a great day

scnorris2001
03-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Cyan - I'm so glad to hear that all is well. I'm so happy that you've found someone so nice! And Constantine is really good-me,my boyfriend,my best friend and her husband went to see it two weekends ago.
The gym just didn't happen. I've come to a sad conclusion. One of the little boys at the gym childcare is mean. Just absolutely mean. And his mother either owns or manages the place. Either way he is there almost all the time. I just mentioned the place to my daughter and she got all antsy and said that the one little boy was just too mean. She didn't calm down until I told her that she wouldn't have to go then. The gym is in the next town over. It's about 25 minutes or so away. That causes some difficulty in getting there as well. It was convenient for my other job. It was on the way to it. I've just had to accept that I'm going to have to work out at home mostly. I will be able to go to the gym possibly on Saturday mornings. All my other workouts will have to be at home until it warms up and Savannah and I can go to the trails to walk/jog.

Lisa - Thanks. I'm trying. Today is not the best of days for me. I hope this week will get better. I'm just trying to stay somewhat on track for the week.

I am so very stressed today. I work through a temp agency as a receptionist at an attorney firm. The firm decided to merge with another firm. Which means that my position that started out as temp-to-hire is not going anywhere. I will be working with the firm until noon on Friday. I don't have a job lined up yet. It makes me very stressed. I also had to get the doctor to call in more antibiotics as I'm not yet well from my bronchitis. Between lost wages, doctor visit, and medicines I'm out $450 for this sickness. That was my entire savings! So now I don't have any savings and I only have two paychecks left. Not where I want to be at the moment. I'm hoping that I might get some good news soon about a job. I'll let you know if I hear anything about a job.
And God help to keep me from eating everything in sight. I'm a horrible stress eater and I've got enough stress going on right now to cause me to eat the entire house! Even though I know it wouldn't help my situation at all, I'm still prone to stress eat.
Trying to hang in there!
Stephanie

cyan
03-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Happy International Women’s Day
In case you dont know..here is a brief summation of this special day…

International Women’s Day (8 March) is an occasion marked by women’s groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. When women on all continents, often divided by national boundaries and by ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic and political differences, come together to celebrate their Day, they can look back to a tradition that represents at least nine decades of struggle for equality, justice, peace and development.

International Women’s Day is the story of ordinary women as makers of history; it is rooted in the centuries-old struggle of women to participate in society on an equal footing with men. In ancient Greece, Lysistrata initiated a sexual strike against men in order to end war; during the French Revolution, Parisian women calling for “liberty, equality, fraternity” marched on Versailles to demand women’s suffrage.

International Women’s Day has assumed a new global dimension for women in developed and developing countries alike. The growing international women’s movement, which has been strengthened by four global United Nations women’s conferences, has helped make the commemoration a rallying point for coordinated efforts to demand women’s rights and participation in the political and economic process. Increasingly, International Women’s Day is a time to reflect on progress made, to call for change and to celebrate acts of courage and determination by ordinary women who have played an extraordinary role in the history of women’s rights.

I went to the gym last night..worked out for 1 hour and 15 or so minutes...cycled and did weights...worked out my abs..those were killer...I am a little sore this morning but it is all good. I see my Cutiepie today..he is picking me up at work today...going back to my place for dinner..we are suppposed to go see a movie but I just feel like snuggling with him...he is just so huggable...I really like being in his arms...he is a great hugger.

Anyway, tonight no gym...back tomorrow...so I will take a night off.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chili con carne
dinner: steak sandwich with snow peas or asparagus and carrots or side salad..dont know yet
snack: pear and banana

exercise: night off

Have a great day everyone!!

Cyan

cyan
03-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Its gym time again....and my abs are still sore...the upper portion of my abs are anyway...looks like I wasnt working those out at all Looking forward to going tonight...even if it is so friggin cold out there...it was -30C last night and this morning it -17C without the windchill factor and its MARCH!!! Ack! I am tired of this friggin cold weather already. Yeesh

Sorry for the rant...moving on....Mario picked me up at work yesterday...we came back to my place...had dinner....we were supposed to go to the movies but we wanted to just hang out at home...and snuggle plus it was soooo friggin cold anyway. The evening passed by quickly as usual...He is just the best and so easy to get along with...so affectionate and loving...I think I will look for batteries behind his head soon.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: chili con carne with oz of cheddar cheese
dinner: shrimp stuffed peppers (new recipe) hopefully it will turn out ok
snack: grapes one cup, pear

exercise: gym workout..weights and cardio

I have been bad with the pie eating all week long ...my dad brought home lemon pie and bumbleberry pie...I have had a slice for dinner every dinner this week...the lemon pie is gone...I will resist the bumbleberry pie....sometimes I have no backbone...its as if I am compelled to eat that friggin pie or the world will end...like how dramatic is that...geez...I think I need to be more mindful when I get into that frame of mind..I dont even consider that I dont have to eat it...I just do...like a reaction instead of thinking about it first.

So back to clean eating for the rest of the week...no more deserts..I can do it..yes I can!!! say no to Pie!!!

Have a good day

Cyan

scnorris2001
03-09-2005, 11:39 AM
YES!! Finally I am getting my eating back on track! I got some good fiber cereal from the store last night (since I discovered over the weekend that I don't get enough fiber in my diet). I had 1/2 cup cereal with 1/2 banana cut up in it last night. It was so filling!! I didn't want to snack the rest of the night. I purchased a pair of pants last night that were on clearance! they were $2.00. A pair of grey dresspants. They are also a size 14! I am now in a size 20 pants. I bought these (since they were so cheap and gorgeous) as motivation to try to fit in them by this fall. I will have to look at them again but I think the color is to where I could even wear them to work this summer if I can fit in them that soon! I'm also drinking water right now. I've drank almost a full 20 oz. of water this morning. I still have my diet soda on my desk but I haven't opened it! AND I walked around the block during my 15 minute 10am break! I walked for 10 minutes. It's a little chilly for it today but the sun's shining around one side. (there are ice puddles on the other side) I'm not as stressed about the job thing today. I'm fine. If I don't have a job, I will apply for unemployment. It will all be well. And I'm finally starting to feel much better from that darn bronchitis! I think all the medicine has finally done it's job! I hope to jog some this evening! That is the last part that I need to stick back in to be totally on track!!

Cyan - We all slip up every once in a while. The most important thing is just to get everything back on track as quickly as possible. But you know that already. You've been very successful with your weight loss! (I guess I say it more to remind myself than anyone) I'm so proud of you for going to the gym. I didn't realize that I had so many roadblocks waiting for me in regards to the gym. I thought that when I wanted to, I could just start taking the little one to the daycare again and go. Oh well. I am regrouping now that I know this. I have some weights at home. 10 pound and 5 pound handweights. They should work for doing some toning at home along with my jogging. And that's just what I'll have to do and go to the gym when I can on the weekends! It will work!! Have a great day!!

Stephanie
234/226/125
SW/CW/GW

cyan
03-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I have a long day today...ACK!! its school right after work...debating if I should leave work early but dont know yet...I dont get paid if I dont work..so gotta really think about it.

I went to the gym last night...did some cycling for a warm up and then I did the weights...I couldn’t do any ab machines...my abs are way to sore...the top portion of my abdominals are anyway...like the top of my stomach...man I had no idea ..I worked those puppies out on monday but still no go yesterday...funny thing is that today...they are much much better...so I am sure I will be able to work them out friday. The rest was fine...did arms, shoulders, chest, back and legs...about 1.15 minutes...kinda cool. Looking forward to my next gym workout this friday.

I have to set up my home office this weekend..I have planned for sunday...Mario will help me move furniture...I spoke with him on the phone yesterday....for about 2 hours...for a guy who told me he is not a big phone person and that its hard for him to make conversation...well he sure hasnt had any problems talking on the phone with me....which of course I am grateful for..I enjoy talking on the phone. But I would of prefered to talk in person...we usually talk to each other while we hug...I know kinda mushy....but it just kinda happens...before I know it...we are wrapped up in each others arms talking....ok smooching too....he rocks! He’s a metrosexual in a burly man’s body...too funny. He is picking me up tomorrow at work...I cant wait to see him and spend the evening with him.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: hummus and french bread
lunch: shrimp salad sandwich on french bread
dinner: beef steak sandwich..yes on french bread
snack: pear and yogurt

exercise: just walking today

way too much bread in today’s diet...going to school after work makes it hard for me...sigh! just a couple of more weeks to go before this class is over...YAY!!

Good going on getting your eating back on track Steph...I am still having a hard time with the pie...lets just say there is no more pie in the house...thank goodness...I am happily digesting it...argh!

Ok have a good day

Cyan

scnorris2001
03-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Cyan - I'm posting quick! I don't feel like I have much time for anything. I have about 3 hours of work left!! I'm kind of excited. I'm making mental notes of all the things that I need to do since I won't be working!!

On an awesome note, I got a great gift this morning!! 1/2 pound weight loss!!! YIPPEE!!! I'm so happy about it!! That puts me down to 225.5 pounds!! WOOHOO!! It's so great to see that my hard work is paying off!!
I hope you're doing well!! Have a wonderful day!!

Stephanie
234/225.5/125
SW/ CW /GW

cyan
03-11-2005, 10:44 AM
I wish it was the end of my work day instead of the beginning..no one is here but me and the other programmer...the rest are in florida or in bed sleeping...sigh!! I had a long day yesterday...this work and school thing is just too hard for me...thank goodness its the last class next thursday...looking forward to wrapping that class up. I also met with my friend after class for chai tea and to meet one of her close friends..it was all good...then on the way home, we met another friend of hers...Mouse...very friendly guy...anyway, it was pleasant convo all the way home.

Spoke with Ivano last night...he is hanging in there...doing the best he can...still grieving him Mom but that will take some time but at least he is doing better most times. I feel bad that I havent seen my Mom since Sunday...sucks...I will go tomorrow...I have to find more time...but its so hard with work, school, boyfriend, Gym, friends, house chores...I have a ton of clothes to wash tonight...seriously and my room looks like a bomb hit it...ACK!! Maybe I should go home early so that I can visit with my Mom before I go home...cause tonight I go to the gym for 6pm...as usual..Lisa will be there...we buddied up and it works really well...its always great to have a friend go with you...keeps you going.

I didnt get to speak to Mario tonight but he is picking me up at the gym tonight and coming over to my house for the evening...looking forward to seeing my man.

Food wise has been so so...I has a chocolate bar yesterday...1/2 of a big one..so its like having a regular bar...cadburry’s ...time of the month is around the corner...I usually crave chocolate around this time. I have been on a plateau again...I am at 153 to 154 so I am actually up 1-2 pounds from 152...very angry about this...but cant really blame the numbers...I have been eating more calories..just hungrier and I am hoping that being around the time of the month...and my new weight training program. Dunno...but I have to focus on going back to 1200 to 1400 calories per day....somehow I must shave off those 200 or so calories that I have been eating for the past 3 weeks or so...not helping me at all.

On the up side...I am wearing my new size 8 levis jeans..yes stretch jeans LOL but they look good ...not tight but fits right...so its all good...cant wait to fit into a size 6...man that will be awesome the day I buy my first pair of size 6 trousers or jeans...I used to be a size 6 back in college...over 10 years ago...that would rock!!

I am roughly 12-14 pounds away from my first goal but I seem to be dragging my feet about this...it would be so much easier if I could just be ultra strict and move these pounds off of me once and for all already...just getting frustrated with this bull poop.

anyway...I think I will focus on portion control...scale back on how much I am eating just a wee bit and hopefully this will get me losing again...I am working out...so that part is going great. and once the weather improves, I will be back to walking to work and home again..that will add another 40 to an hour of walking everyday.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: shrimp stuffed pepper
dinner: maybe sushi ...dont know yet or chicken breast with vegetables and salad
snack: grapes and yogurt

have a great weekend everyone

Cyan

cjunk
03-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. I am on a computer all day but not able to post from work, so when I get home I almost feel like not looking at a computer anymore at all!!

Things have been going okay. I am a bridesmaid in 2 weddings coming up and last weekend went to a dress fitting for one and a measuring for the other. That is totally depressing!! The woman at the first one told me it would cost over seventy dollars in alterations because of my hips and the style of dress--she basically has to re-work the whole thing--Yikes!! The second measuring was an older Italian lady who told me I was too big in the hips yet again!! Ah well, that's the way I am built, so I guess I have to enjoy it since seamstresses don't!!!

I have had good eating days and bad ones. Good workouts and none at all. So I guess you can say it all balances out to not too exceptional but not bad. I have been maintaining my weight lately but not accomplishing any goals of losing weight so far. Haven't been too focussed on it because I have been just getting used to all of the changes and events going on.

Cyan, so happy to hear about your new love. He sounds very special and I think it sounds as if you are a great match!

Stephanie, I am sorry to hear about your job. You sound like a very bright and determined individual who will find a way to make things work out for you. We will be thinking about you and hoping all of the best.

Lisa, you are right I am getting married...but we are postponing it until next year because this year is too full of weddings and anniversary and 50th birthday celebrations. We want to go away to a tropical place and then come back and have an outdoor party as a reception. Are your kids home yet?? I could see how you would miss them. It wasn't so long ago that you had the baby and it still may take some time to lose the weight. If you can re-focus, I think that you will reach your goal. You accomplish so many other wonderful things in your life that I am confident that this is just one more thing!!

My guy and I sat down today to plan our summer in terms of outings etc.

We were thinking of going to Mammoth Caves in Kentucky. Anyone ever been there before? If so, any feedback on how it was??

Talk to you all soon!

Cjunk

P.S. Cyan--no pie this week!!!

chubbyaussiegal
03-14-2005, 01:34 AM
hi....everyone im new here ...and i already love this website its great.......wish to speak to lots of you out there., and im really glad to see im not the only one that falls off the wagon of dieting... especially under stress! As soon as those wheels start to buckle ..thats it im eating like there is no 2morrow.....please say hi to me soon........im from sydney australia....would love to talk to others from same place .....or any where else in the world...........bye for now chubby!!

scnorris2001
03-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Good morning all! I don't have much time. I'm on the computer at the library. I only get one hour. :(

I have good news!! I am down two more pounds! I am now at 223.5 pounds!! I am so happy about it!
I still don't have a job. This week is a holding week for unemployment so I can't earn anything this week. If I'm still unemployed next week, I can get some money. The bad thing is that I'll only get $154 a week for unemployment. YUCK!! I've got to really look at my budget again to see where I stand with that. I must have a plan!! On a good note, my daughter is on spring break next week so it would really be nice to be able to spend that week with her. As of now it looks like I will!! :) I'm going to go home and clean and figure out the bills and budget!!

I hope you all are doing well!! Have a wonderful day!! I'll try to post tomorrow.

Stephanie
234/223.5/125
SW/ CW / GW

cyan
03-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Oh well...onward with the day. I went to the gym on friday...it was a good work out...the tops of my stomach abs are still sore...so I couldt really work them out...again!! I can do some exercises but not that one machine that originally hurt my abs...I did do the rest of my body....and that went well. Mario picked me up at the gym...he had a contract job to go look at..he will be rennovating a dance studio down town...its like a 3 week job...so after his welding job...he will be going there week nights to do that...so I wont be seeing him as much once that job starts… Anyway, I got to see him plenty this weekend...Saturday I went over to his house...we went to the movies...Saw Constantine...and I ate Pizza Hut...EEEK...but it was tasty...I worked out Sunday at the gym ....so hopefully it balanced it all out. Mario came over to my house after my work out and I set up my new computer....my internet provider has to send me out a new modem that is compatible with my new puter ..so no internet at home for a week until they send me my modem....

I visited with my Momma on Saturday and I also met with my good friend on Sunday. She told me that she and her husband just bought a new fourplex...four units...and they need rennovation work...so she asked if Mario would be interested in doing that....so looks like he has more work coming his way...after the dance studio is done...the kitchen and bathrooms need redoing...So I told Mario about it...and he will take a look at that job too.

I go to the gym tonight...looking forward to that...should be a good workout..I think I will focus more on cardio tonight ...do at least 20-30 minutes of the bike.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: ham sandwich
dinner: oven baked trout with carrots and snow peas
snack: yogurt, fruit smoothie, pear, and plum

exercise: gym

Welcome chubbyaussiegal ...tells us more about yourself...we want details please!! LOL

Hey Stephanie..you lost your job!! I must of missed that post...sorry to hear that your unemployment is so little..hopefully you will find a job soon that suits your needs and is more in tune with what you want to do.

Cjunk...I had no more pie this weekend...but I did have ice cream, and millefeuille pastry....two reeeses cups...individual size...Gosh...I am out of control....just typing it down here has freaked me out...I must have a clean evening tonight. Hey...you are gonna get married in a tropical setting...I was think I would like a hawaiian wedding myself. Hey when are you coming to Montreal to see your sister...we should really meet...how long have we been online buddies..I dont even know your real name...I'm Mariette by the way.

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
03-15-2005, 11:21 AM
I worked out last night at the gym....did 20 minutes of the bike and 40 minutes of weights...its funny how the time flies while lifting weights..I always had it in my mind that it would be boring but its actually rather fun. The scary part is that I am up to 155 this morning up from my previous low of 152 pounds...so that is scary...I am hoping its my body adjusting to the weight lifting....but I have been eating more...like about 200 to 300 calories more per day...I have to cut back on that....its the deserts...those are putting me over. Also last night...My Dad brought home a big mac...yes I ate it...ack!! I told him to not do that because I cant eat those for a little while until I start losing again....lets see if he gets it.

I also have my period so I am hoping I am holding on to some water weight...fingers crossed. Funny, I start working out really hard and I am gaining weight instead of losing it...very frustrating but I wont give up..I will keep at it...my clothes arent tighter so thats great!!

Mario is picking me up after work today...I cant wait to see him...poor fellow..he is going through a rough patch...he is quiting smoking and its very hard on him right now...he has been smoking since he was 16 years old Thats like over 20 years of smoking...anyway...he’s working on quiting and the cravings and physical addiction is of the nicotine is very hard on his body...I am hoping he can do it...I am not a smoker so I dont know how hard it is but I have heard that it is very tough.

I guess I can relate to him in some ways. I have an addiction to food...and I know how hard it is for me to control my food intake and not eat whatever I want...like last night after the gym...my friend wanted to go have a chai latte...so we went to Santropol http://www.santropol.com/ very funky cafe restaurant...been going there most of my life...check it out...neat website..anyway...they were out of chai latte...so instead of being tempted to order one of their delicious sandwiches...and they are soooooooo good...or one of their heavenly deserts...we left...Yep...didnt order anything...I went home...so I was very happy I was strong enough to turn down their delicious yet calorie laden food.

For me..its one temptation at a time...that is how I deal with it...If I mess up...I get back up...keep at it...I have been working on my sabotaging ways...trying to stop that behaviour...its hard...but its ongoing...and I will conquer it..I have too.

So I can understand how hard it must be for Mario. But if he wants it bad enough..he will do it. And it sure does look like he is trying and wants it.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: frozen meal...lasagna
dinner: finally that oven baked trout with asparagus and rice
snack: pear, and fruit smoothie

exercise: Mario is over tonight

Have a great day everyone

Cyan

cjunk
03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick post from work.

Welcome chubby! Also a hello to Stephanie. Some plusses do come out of not being at work--like being able to spend time with your kids. Good luck on finding a new job. I hope you find one soon!

Hello Cyan, I think we have known each other for a few years now. Strange to hear your real name but it is an awesome name. Mine is Christine, but most friends call me Chris and you are welcome to. I should be going to Montreal sometime in April and will let you know as soon as I do!! I am going to Quebec soon but that's a little out of your way.

I went rock climbing yesterday. Scheduled to go again later this week as well. Eating not spectacular but not bad.

Talk to you all soon,

Cjunk

cyan
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
I have to go pick up my new modem at the post office today...they delivered it to my house yesterday at around 11 am but my Dad didnt get the door.... So I couldnt install it last night..but boy am I rushing over to the post office today and picking it up. Then I will go home, change quickly and go to the gym...then later tonight I will take a look at my modem and possibly install it if it doesnt look too hard to do...hopefully it wont be.

Mario picked my up last night at work...I just got off the phone with him just now and drum roll please....he has been smoke free for over 24 hours!!! Poor fellow...he is having a hard time but he says he can do it...here’s to him going day two without smoking...Send lots of good energy his way...thank you.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: peanut butter sandwich
lunch: leftover trout, one boiled potato, one boiled egg
dinner: tuna sandwich with green salad
snack: yogurt, fruit smoothie and banana

exercise: gym tonight

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Its my little fur bucket’s birthday today...Molly is four years old...she is so cute...a traditional ruddy colored abyssinian feline...that she is...very dainty...tappered paws and tail...the perfect halloween cat....she is very sweet and shy....has very loving eyes...I am so happy she is in my life. Happy Birthday dear Molly...hope your feline day today is full of fun things to do as you play around the house waiting for me to come home. She has an older brother ...Cyan...he takes very good care of her....His birthday is next tuesday...March 22...he will be 5 years old...and he is a wild ruddy colored abyssinian...big cougar like cat...strong paws and broad shoulders.

Anyway....I went to the gym last night...work out went well....I could finally work out my abs...so they are finally healed..but I was extra careful wit them...didnt use heavy weights at all and made sure my form was correct. Looks like I did it right because I am not in pain this morning.

Mario is still smoke free....I spoke with him last night and he said he gave away the rest of his cigarettes he had at home because it was to tempting to smoke them...I am going to Costco this weekened and buying him industrial amounts of sugar free bumblegum...his favorite. This way he can eat those as often as he likes and not fear running out of the gum. I wont see him till Saturday afternoon...I have my last class tonight...he has hockey...then Friday after the gym I am going over to Ivano’s house for his first dinner party...he has invited a small group over for indian food..hmmmm cant wait. I know he will do a great job...he is so maticulous at everything he does.

I installed my modem last night and it was easy as pie....so that means I am back on line!!

Meal Plan for today
lunch: small bagel with cream cheese and smoked trout
dinner: not sure yet
snack: bolthouse green goodness juice, yogurt

exercise: either cycling or walking

Have a super duper day

cyan
03-21-2005, 11:26 AM
I am hoping the feelings of will follow after writing down Happy Monday...ACK!! who am I kidding...Monday mornings are always tough...I did manage to pass by the post office this morning and drop off my old modem..sent it back to my ISP.

Anyway, went to the gym on friday and Sunday...so its all good. Dinner at Ivano’s house was great...Mario and Ivano both hit it off nicely...conversation was natural and flowed easily....Mario always surprises me with his wit, intelligence and social abilities...he keeps telling me its hard for him..that he is not a good conversationalist and them...bam....he does such a great job and it seems so effortless.

On Saturday, we drove over to my accountants house which also happens to be a friend of mine...its like over an hour away and when we got there...she was trashed...seriously...totally drunk! She live with her boyfriend and they had gone over to a neighbors house and they were both drunk when we got there for 4 pm!!! It was quite the spectacle..anyway, needless to say, I didnt get my taxes done that day...instead we hung out a bit and her boyfriend made lasagna...in his drunken stupor...we really wanted to leave but felt obliged to stay...anyway, it was rather interesting to say the least...she kept apologizing...I told her it was fine...Mario felt kinda awkward cause her boyfriend kept plying him with beer and hard liquor and Mario had to keep saying no thank you....very stressful for him...he did drink 3 corona’s for the 4-5 hours we were there...and he had a spliting headache afterward!! Anyway, Mario is on day 7 of no smoking and still going strong although he just told me this morning he had a weak moment last night...after soccer he said he had a hard time sleeping and thankfully there were no cigarettes in the house...his brother is quitting too....see how the ripple effect works...just takes one person to start it...anyway, his brother is supporting him as well in terms of encouraging him not to smoke...looks like they are helping each other with this...always good to have support.

Anyway, my workout last night was fun cause Ivano came with me and Lisa and kept us company while we pumped iron, cycled, ran and did our thing...before I knew it, it was 1.15 minutes later. We then went back to my house and had Chai tea and watch a little tv. I was in bed and sleeping my 10.30pm. Out like a light...I slept over at Mario’s on Saturday night and his bed is way too soft...my lower back was killing me when I got up and I found it hard to get a restful sleep. So come Sunday night...I was tired and oh my bed is so comfortable.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: turkey sandwich on french bread with hummus and cheddar cheese
dinner: same thing..I am going straigth to see my Mom and then to the gym
snack: bolthouse green goodness fruit smoothie, 6 grain yogurt

exercise: gym workout.

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
03-22-2005, 10:51 AM
I had a very busy day yesterday...In the morning I hauled back my old modem to the post office...two post offices..the first one was closed.
On the way home last nigt, I passed by the SAQ ...Societe des Alcool du Quebec...its the government liquor store ...anyway, I bought two bottles of white wine...one italian and the other portuguese....I will use on of them for my mussels recipe for Good Friday dinner.

I then lugged both those bottles with my lunch bag and bag to visit my Mom....I was so happy to see her and her me...but when it was time for me to leave she sat on the chair and peed right there...I was devistated...I felt so bad...I had a hard time finding anyone to help me change her...everybody disappears around dinner time...finally I tracked down a helper who gave me attitude...but I told her she had no choice but to help me change my mother...she was completely urinated...soaked through..urine on the floor ...on her chair and in her slippers....I finally got her washed up and I noticed her brown slippers were missing...I asked the lady if she knew where they were and right away I got more attitude...I told her I didnt want to hear that she doesnt know...that she doesnt work on that floor...this is what I get all the time ....I asked for her name and at first she refused to tell me her name...I guess she is afraid I will get her in trouble...that place tires me out. The least she could of said was...I will check for you..I will find out or take note that your Mom’s slippers are missing.

Anyway, I hauled home a bag of urinated clothes to wash immediately upon getting home. I started the washing machine as soon as I got home...with extra detergent..I also let it soak for a good hour whilst I ate and then went to the gym to work out.

I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes...first time...that really helped with the tension...then I did my usual weights. I also walked to and from the gym...my friend Lisa came back to my place and we heated up the roasted chicken and she made Salad while I showered. We ate, I finished washing my Mom’s clothes.

Then Mario called...he always puts a smile on my face...his voice comforts me...I cant wait to see him today...he is picking me up tonight. I am so looking forward to seeing him. He will be coming over for my good friday dinner...looks like Lisa and Ivano might come if they have no place to go. Sunday Easter will be spent with Mario’s family...brother and kids and bro’s GF...looking forward to that too.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: leftover roast chicken with carrots
dinner: thai green curry chicken with veggies
snack: bolhouse green goodness fruit smoothie, yogurt

exercise: Mario is coming over LOL

Ok have a good day

Cyan

cyan
03-23-2005, 11:03 AM
But its really thursday cause friday is a holiday!!! Wooooooohoooooooooo I have lots to do for the weekend too...all good stuff. On thursday, Mario is picking me up at work and I am going to pick up the mussels for friday’s dinner just incase the stores are closed on Good Friday...dont know if they will be open and I dont want to take a chance. Anywho...I will pick up what I need thursday night. The mussels should be fresh for next day cooking...right? Hmmm will look into that.

Anyway, Mario picked me up last night at work and we had a wonderful dinner...I made thai green coconut curried chicken with veggies...turned out really good...spicey and coconutty...yum yum...I brought it in for lunch today....also some for my office pet Greg...who always enjoys my cooking so its nice to bring him some food ...especially when there are left overs that no one will eat at home...I dont like throwing away food.

Its gym time tonight...I am surprising myself with how much I am enjoying going there....for real..I find it destressing to go there and spend a good hour working out and hanging out with Lisa...she has been just wonderful with going with me all the time. She is tryingn to lose about 20-30 pounds and she is working very hard at it too. Lets just say that I am inspired and impressed by her motivation and dedication. You see...her Mom is dying from lung cancer ..so she is very stressed out too...and she suffers from schizophrenia...which is controlled by medication....if you meet her, you would never guess that she carries such a heavy load....she manages it so well. So I am so pleased that she comes with me to work out...I really enjoy her company especially when I see how hard she works at keeping her life together....she has taught me a lot by example.

Anyway, Meal Plan for today

Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk
lunch: coconut curry chicken
dinner: turkey breast sandwich with hummus
snack: strawberries, yogurt

exercise: gym tonight...cardio and weights

Have a super duper day

Cyan

cyan
03-24-2005, 01:26 PM
My weekend starts tomorrow I am so happy about that...looking forward to sleeping in a bit...relaxing in bed before getting up to start my day. Oh joy!!

On the bus ride in to work this morning there were a group of Cirque du Soleil performers..they were on their way to the Old Port of Montreal where the cirqus tent is up for the show they are having. The are all so thin, and strong bodied...their bodies are instruments of art....its was fascinating to see them move with grace and ease...they almost float. Sigh!! I have seen Varikai...and it just blew me away....the things they do with their bodies is out of this world.

Anyway, I went to gym last night...proud to say that I ran again...on the treadmill for 20 minutes, then 15 minutes of the speed cylce and then about 50 minutes of weights....I must admit I am rather enjoying working out at the gym..I was there for a good hour and 20 minutes. My gym will be open friday and sunday so I will go those days too. Monday they close at 8pm so I dont know if I can make it for that day...we will see.

Mario is picking me up today...and he driving me to the grocery store after work .... This way I dont have to go home, get my car out of my driving way..which is so narrow..anyway, it helps me out a lot to have him pick me up and drive me...hugs to him for being so considerate. I need to pick up mussels and shrimp for Good Friday dinner tomorrow. Ivano is going over to his brothers house...so he wont be joing us ..I still have to find out if Lisa is coming. but she probably wont know till the last minute...sigh!! I guess I will have to buy extra food just in case she does show up.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: I have to buy it ...so most likely sushi or a sandwich with side salad
dinner: frozen pizza with caesar salad...light dressing of course.
snacks: strawberries and bolthouse berry boost smoothie, yogurt

exercise: dont think I will be getting any today.

Have a great day!

Cyan

ps where is everybody!!! I wonder if I should just quit this post...getting pretty lonely in here all by myself

Lisathemommy
03-24-2005, 04:29 PM
Hello all. Sorry I have been MIA. I tend to get that way. It's usually a sign that I'm eating like a pig and sitting around watching TV. It's spring break here so the kids and I are all here hanging out. It's starting to get a little old. I had a job interview on Tuesday in the Labor and Delivery unit at one of the hospitals here. I am so hoping that they hire me. It's my dream job! I hate job interviews though. I start talking and talking...never knowing when to stop. I get so nervous. I hate it!!! Anyway, I hope to know more in a couple of weeks.

Well, I'm eating horribly, but I just bought Dr Phil's weightloss book. A friend told me I should read it. We'll see.

That's all for now!

Lisa

cyan
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Happy Tuesday ...Yep..I cant come up with an interesting title today...really most days...anyway....I have a busy day but its all good.

I went to the gym last night...it went well..I didnt run...but cycled instead and then did weights. Food hasnt been the best..I have eating way too much chocolate...all that Easter chocolate is killing me...must be strong..say no to chocolate.

At least Mario didnt give me any chocolate..oh wait..he did..but a small easter egg...cream filled...from Laura Secord..it was gross ...I bit into it..too sweet...I threw it out...He agreed it sucked. He also gave me a pink easter bunny...stuffed toy...Now he is cute...you can bend his ears any which way. He is picking me up today after work and coming over for dinner and to hang out. I am looking forward to seeing him. He told me over the weekend that he is falling in love with me...Yep! he verbalized those words to me. I told him I was feeling the same way.

I have my gynie appointment thursday morning...ACK!! Not looking forward to that but one must not deglect your health..so my yearly exam is up and its time for a Pap smear and all that other poking around and stuff. I also made an appointment for my yearly checkup with my family doctor..this time I will have to do a complete blood work...check cholesterol, sugar, thyroid function, liver, std’s all that stuff...man oh man...that is hard.. I hate taking blood...at least Mario is coming too...he has an appointment for the same blood exams. At least that will only happen the end of May. Have some time to prepare for the blood test.

Meal Plan for today
breakfast: french bread with hummus and a slice of ham
lunch: mussels afredo with linguini pasta
dinner: favabean stew with side order of spinach
snack: banana

exercise: maybe cycling if I get the chance otherwise its a night off

Have a great day

Cyan

cyan
04-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Although its gray and somber out there...rain too...most of the night...oh well...my lymphnodes on my neck hurt...I may be getting sick but I think I have enough immunity wellness to fight it off...come on body..you can do this!! I didnt wind up going to the gym last night...it was raining cats and dogs...so Lisa who had come over for dinner ...we were going to walk up to the gym...anyway, we did an hour long accelerated body sculpting Pilates DVD instead!!! Ouch! let me tell you...that was tough...and I got a work out in ...Yay me.

Tonight I am supposed to go over to Mario’s place and then he is supposed to take me out for a sushi dinner!!! Looking forward to that...cant wait to see my cutiepie...but that means I wont be going to the gym tonight...I will cycle at home instead and get in at least 20 minutes on the bike ...I dont want to drive in traffic so I will wait till 6.30 pm to take the bridge over to his house which leaves me enough time to do some at home cycling. I will go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday so its all good.

Meal Plan for today
lunch: pork and clam stew
dinner: sushi!!!
snack: banana and pear

exercise: 20 minutes cycling at home

Have a super duper day

Cyan

Lisathemommy
04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Hello Cyan! I'm so glad to see you here. I do read although I don't aways have time to post. I usually have a baby in my lap or on the floor eating something like a penny or some paper. Anything that shouldn't be in in his mouth.

Please know, cyan, that you inspire me so much! I think of you and your weightloss success many times when I am discouraged. You help me know that it is possible. My problem is that I want immediate results. I'm inpatient. Then when I don't get the results fast enough, I get depressed and I eat and sabotage myself. I've been reading the Dr. Phil book. I haven't gotten very far because my time is limited, but I find it very good at helping me look inward and helping me make changes in my head before I can make changes in my weight.

Things with you and Mario seem to be going so well. I am so happy for you!

Cjunk and the rest of you, hope you are doing well. Talk to you again later,

Lisa

Lisathemommy
04-04-2005, 12:14 PM
I did NOT get the job I interviewed for, but that's okay. Chalk it up to a learning experience. I have another interview tomorrow in Labor and Delivery at a different hospital. YIPEE!

Lisa

cyan
04-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Good luck Lisa ...fingers crossed for you in regards to getting the new job!!
Thanks for the comment..I will try my best to keep posting. Good going on reading the Dr Phil book..if it helps...its all good.

Yes things are going wonderfully well with Mario and I...he makes me very happy...I love spending time with him and it only gets better!!

My Mom...she is in the early stages of kidney failure and has iron deficiency. It makes me sad to see how much she is suffering...I hate that illness and the fact that I dont have enough money to put her in a private care facility that would take much better care of her.

later

Cyan

Lisathemommy
04-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Cyan, I am sorry to hear that your mother is getting sicker. Iron deficiency can be easily treated depending on the cause and her renal failure, though serious can be treated as well for some time. However, how she tolerates treatment, I guess, could be of concern. Hang in there for her. She needs you. You are her main advocate and voice. You obviously love her very much. Make sure most of all that any pain she is having is being treated. Pain is very real to the patient no matter their mental status. Pain can cause eradic behavior and irritability. Treat the pain and you can more easily assess her needs. I am hoping they are monitoring her input and output and restricting fluids if needed. If she is unable to make urine efficiently, she will swell up and then there will be cardiac problems on the way.

I am happy for you and Mario. He sounds so wonderful. It's so nice that you have someone to turn to for comfort who accepts you and loves you. You deserve that in your life with all that you do for others.

Well, it's late and I just got home from clinicals. I am so tired. The room is kind of tilted right now....I have got to go to bed!

Hope to talk to you soon! Hopefully we will meet up on IM at the same time one of these days!

Lisa

cyan
04-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi Girls

I have noticed the few posts on this thread so I have decided to only journal from now on. my username on the journal is the same "CYAN" I hope to see you all there!

Good luck with your weight loss plan and life in general. Thank you so much for all of your support and kindness these past few years

hugs to everyone and see you on the journal boards

Cyan

MikiG
05-20-2005, 08:56 AM
Wow...is out site really going to end?? :?: I was hoping ya'll were doing better than me in finding time to get here and keeping the thread going. My life has been so hectic for the past year that I dont even have time for necessities most days much less things for my enjoyment. Cyan, I appreciate your steadfastness with coming here for the last several years. I'm sorry I wasnt able to do better. I miss everyone and think of all of you often. I've been dying to get back here!! Looks like everyone has just gotten extra busy these days. One positive note: I have walked 2 miles a day for 6 weeks now. Negative note: My eating is still awul and I havent lost even one lb doing the walking! :^: I just cant seem to get it under control. It's time for me to get in the shower to get ready for work so I better go for now. I'm going to keep checking here occasionally hoping to run into some of you again. By the way, I've never used the journals...not really even sure how to get there. I'll try to check that out soon.
I miss ya'll bunches!!!
MIKI

Lisathemommy
05-20-2005, 10:21 AM
Miki

I saw your post! I'm still here. Yes, I'm busy but I'm still here! I graduated from nursing school last weekend! Can you believe I finally did it!!! I start my new job in the Emergency Department next Monday. YIPPEE> I'm so excited!

Food wise, I'm trying a new approach. It's a gradual change. I've been keeping myself busy so as not to get bored and eat. I've also been brushing my teeth after dinner and that keeps me from eating late into the night! I've also been keeping sweet things out of the house. Exercise and I have not found each other in a while...but ...babysteps...

I was so happy to hear from you ! I'll keep posting if you keep posting...and I bet if we try hard enough...cyan will come back and we can get some of the gang together. I post in the journal occasionally and I always check to see what Cyan's been up to. She's in love, you know! It's so nice. She's very happy, it seems.

Well, that is all!

Hope to hear from you again soon!

Lisa

MikiG
05-23-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi Lisa!! I was so glad to find a post from you! I just couldnt bear to think of the thread just ending. Even tho I find very little time to get in here, I like knowing it's here when I can.

Congrats on your graduation and new job!! I hope you love your new job. Be sure to let me know how your first week goes. I am going to try very hard to get in here more often...at least once a week. I really do miss everyone.

My sis and her two kids are here right now from Utah. That's a 24 hr drive from us. Her husband is in the military and they were transferred last summer. We've never been more than 2 hrs apart before so I'm thrilled they are here. They have to leave to go back Wednesday.

I've had tons of things going on the last year and one of these days when I have lots of time, I"ll fill you in on everything. As for now, I better run. School night and 10:30 pm and the kids are still up!

Thanks for the reply!
MIKI

Lisathemommy
05-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Well, today was my first day and it was so boring!!!!!! Nothing but paperwork and computer stuff...blah blah blah.

I'm glad to see you back, Miki! I hope to hear what's been going on in your life! I just got home and I'm going to relax a while.

Talk to you soon!

Lisa

MikiG
05-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi Lisa...
Boring day huh...I bet that will change next Monday. Cant wait to hear how well you like your new job. Kinda sad today since my sis and the kids left out today to go back to Utah. :( My sisters and I are all very close and we hate having one so far away. I may fly out with my mom tho in September. I hope that works out. I didnt walk today but plan on it tomorrow. My sis who lives 2 miles away walks with me every morning at 6 but she couldnt make it today. We have only missed about 3 days in the last 6 weeks. If I could just get a handle on my eating!!! Well, I still have ironing etc to do before bedtime and Luke needs help studying for finals so I better go for now. If I dont get back here before then, have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Miki

Lisathemommy
05-28-2005, 12:04 AM
Well, tomorrow night is the big first day in the ER!! Not only is it a Saturday night, but it's a Saturday night on a Holiday Weekend!!! I'm getting started off with a bang! I'm actually very excited!

I just got my littlest one to bed. The other two are watching late night cartoons. It's Friday night so they can stay up as long as they want. It's my sneaky way to get them to sleep in on Saturday! hee hee hee.

I've been doing a lot of contemplating on my weight today. I saw my reflection in my sliding glass door while I was sitting out on our deck. I was kind of disgusted. I'm about 205 right now. I've been eating like a pig for about a week now. I'm really worried that once I'm working these late hours, I'll really start making bad food choices. So, I'm trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to do. There's low carb which has worked for me before, there's counting calories, which I think will feel like I'm starving to death. There's exercise like crazy and eat what I fee like within reason. There's only eat salad and drink water, there's all the programs, like Slim Fast, Weight Watchers, LA Weightloss, Jenny Craig, ATkins, South Beach, etc, etc. I just don't know what to do. I am such an emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, I eat when I'm sad, I eat when I'm angry, I eat when I'm stressed, I eat when I'm tired, I eat when I'm bored, I eat when I'm frustrated...it goes on and on. I am just lost.

Well, that's all for me today. I feel like I've sufficiently vented.

I hope Miki, that you're doing well. Maybe someone else will venture in here soon enough as well. I sure do miss everyone. I'm glad to see you and can't wait to hear everything that's been going on in your life. Tell me tell me tell me!!

I'll let you know how my first night at work goes! Wish me luck!

Lisa

cyan
05-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey I just checked in here and much to my surprise...the thread is not completely dead..how cool. Quick note on what I have been up to...still trying to lose the last 15 pounds...since I started dating Mario and working out at the gym...I have had no weight loss. I am trying to figure how to start losing again. I learned how to not overeat when I was sad, upset, mad, angry etc but not when I am happy...so I have been happy lately and over eating..so no weight loss...basically if I wasnt doing all the workouts, I would of gained my weight back by now..so now I am teaching myself to not over eat when I am happy, celebrating, feeling good..I am also getting used to not keeping up with Mario when he eats..he eats faster that me, takes bigger bites etc...I wasnt even aware that my eating had sped up or that I was trying to keep up with him...I have learned a few tricks...instead of eating from the salad bowl,I will put my portion onto my plate, veggies etc..before I would put in on one plate and eat from there..and that is when I noticed I was eating faster to make sure I got to eat some food...yes how sad is that!!! Anyway, I also mentioned it to Mario that he eats too fast...he agrees..we had a good laugh about it when I told him I was trying to keep up with him...so now he is slowing down and I am putting my poritons on my plate or a seperate plate ..this way I can be more consious of how fast I eat. I would much rather enjoy the taste of the food instead of wolfing it down because I am afraid I wont get any otherwise...so embarassing to even write this down...oh well..gotta own up to this or else I wont change this behavior of mine.

Meal Plan for today

Breakfast: carnation breakfast with skim milk, banana-bran muffin..home made..low fat
lunch: sandwiches 2 small ones..using flax seed whole grain bread: one has salami and the other has ham
dinner: oven baked red snapper with asparagus
snack: apple
beverages: water, tea , diet cola

exercise: walked to work, will walk home, gym workout for an hour

have a good day.

Mikki nice to have you back

Lisa..congragts on getting your emergency RN job!! You must keep us posted on how it all goes.

Here to recommitting to restarting our weight loss plans

are you girls in?

hugs

Cyan

Lisathemommy
05-30-2005, 09:16 PM
just wanted to check in and report on how AWESOME my new job is! I was so nervous before my first night in the ER...but then once I got there, everyone was SO NICE!!! I was immediately made to feel welcomed and everyone encouraged me and introduced themselves. My preceptor, Teena, is excellent. She is such a good teacher and she is willing to let me take the reigns and go for it! I've started IV's, I've admitted, I've discharged patients...I'm learning so much and I LOVE IT!!! The 7pm to 7am schedule is a bit daunting, but the time goes by so fast! I'm dog tired right now and my feet are killing me. I got home Sunday Morning and slept till about 3pm and then went back to work Sunday night. I got home this morning and only slept till about 1pm. I don't go back to work until Wednesday night. The hardest part is leaving the baby overnight. He's been with daddy these first two nights, so that's nice, but Wednesday night he's with my 16 year old sis-in-law who comes and stays the night. Last night...or this morning....I'm not sure LOL, my milk leaked through my shirt. That was kind of rough, but it dried and I wasn't too uncomfortable...I just missed my baby.

Okay, that's enough about that. All in all, I love my job, I love my new profession!

Food wise....Well, this schedule is rough. I'm going to have to work out the kinks. I'm formulating a plan in my brain.

Exercise...well....isn't running around like a mad woman for 12 hours a work out? I do sweat!
Cyan, I know exactly what you mean about eating with all of our emotions. I'm still working on that. But...knowing is half the battle!
Miki, hope you are well! Hope to hear from you soon!
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day.

Lisa

cyan
05-31-2005, 10:25 AM
Wow Lisa you sound so happy with your new job..how cool is that...good going on graduating and sticking to your guns. If you can make it through nursing school whilst pregnate and married with kids...you can lose this weight...yes you can Lisa...stick to your guns...get it done

have a great day

Cyan

MikiG
06-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi again! Cyan, so glad you dropped back in! I had dropped you a line in the journal place but didnt realize it was totally separate from here so it wouldnt let me post. I didnt have time at the moment to sign up but I planned on doing so later. Welcome back!

Lisa, your job sounds great. Except for missing the baby...I know that part has got to be tough. Lucky for you having family that can help out tho. Would be worse leaving him overnight with someone else in their home.

I have finally upped my 2 miles a day to 3 miles for the past week. My sis and I have been walking 8 weeks now..BUT I'm still terrible at the eating part! So frustrating that I cant seem to get myself on track with that. Seems pointless to walk 3 miles and not lose a lb(especially getting up at 5:30 am to do it) but then again what would I weigh if I didnt walk at all??

I was down to 189 a yr ago and am now at 210. :( I just cannot regain the rest!!! Drinking water is something else that I just have got to make myself start again regularly. That and coming here are the main two things that I did back then that I dont regularly do now. Going to work on all that.

Well better run. Luke, my 13 yr old, is having a sleep study done tonight...was sent by the ENT doc. It's from 9 pm til 5 a.m. and Phil is on call for work and cant stay with him so I get the pleasure of doing it. I have a feeling there wont be much rest for me. Anyway, I still have some things to do before we head to the hospital.

Great being here again!

Miki

Lisathemommy
06-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Hey gals! I started to post earlier today, but the baby in my lap hit a key and deleted all of it!!

Good on you Miki for the exercise you are doing! It doesn't matter if you lose a pound or not. You are doing great things for your body! Especially your heart! Keep it up. The rest will come in time.

Cyan, so glad to have you here! I hope you are doing well. I think of you often and wonder how things are going with your new LOVE!!!!

The new job is still going GREAT!!! I love it. The only part that is hard is my darn FEET!! I have heel spurs on both feet. I got cortisone injections in both of them a week before I started the job. I went to the dr. yesterday because of a swollen painful area on the side of my heel. Lo and behold.. it's bursitis. Not much the dr could do but feel sorry for me and give me an anti-inflammatory to take once a day. I also have torn ligaments on the bottom of one foot from doing the stretches I'm supposed to do for the heel spurs. I've been icing them and trying to let them rest before I go back to work on Monday night. This is why I'm bad at exercising. My feet hurt VERY BAD!!!!! I try to keep up at work. I do okay, but I'm secretly suffering!

I'm trying a new approach to my weight loss. I'm simply cutting back. I'm going to try portion size and better healthier selections. I'm not restricting anything. I'm going to make different choices. Apple and peanut butter instead of a candy bar. Water instead of pop. whole grain cereal instead of cookie crisp. Whole wheat instead of white. Broccoli instead of fries. Salad instead of a Big Mac. Doesn't mean I can't have dessert once in a while like on Sundays when we have a big family meal at the mil's. As for exercise...I'm going to buy a bicycle this summer and the whole family is going to go biking. There are some great bike trails around our new house. My feet keep me from a lot of things I could do, but they'll soon be better.

That's all for me! Hope to hear from both of you again soon!

Lisa

MikiG
06-05-2005, 09:04 PM
Lisa....You always have such a positive outlook...even with hurting feet! I hope they do get better soon. When the feet hurt, nothing feels good huh? Maybe it wont take them long to get broken in. The family bike rides sound like fun.

Cyan....When are we going to get to see a pic of you and Mario? I'm really happy for you. He sounds like he just might be "the one." He definitely seems to be a great guy by your descriptions. I had to laugh at your post about eating fast to keep up and make sure you had time for the good stuff...sounded like me! lol

Ok girls...another Monday tomorrow...another new start...I hope. :dizzy: I am going to TRY really hard to drink that water and cut back on the food intake. Lisa, when I did so well before I did it the way you are talking about trying now. I never did restrict myself from any certain foods..just the portions. If I could just get back to that!

Well, I feel guilty being on here right now. Everyone else is out mowing etc....BUT I have decided I have just got to find time for this. I honestly think everyone here is such a help plus there's that accountability factor also. I have missed all that. I would love to come one day and find that all the other chicks have wandered back in also!

Anyway, really need to get off this computer and help out with the chores. Bedtime will be here before I know it. Everyone have a great week!

MIKI

cyan
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey girls

Sounds like its buzzing in here again...good to see...Miki ..one step at a time...its good that you are walking...get into the routine of exercise again and then tackle the food...getting back on track is a process..dont rush it..before you know it...you will be eating the right foods and the right amounts and exercising and losing weight.

Hey Lisa..sorry to hear about your feet...I can understand..I suffer from painful bunions...had foot pain all of my life. But glad to hear that you love your new job..I am so proud of you...remember when you were telling us how hard school was...and wondering if you were going to graduate and find work...well...looks like it has all worked out. I think your new health plan is much better...sounds very wise not to exclude any foods and before you know it, you will start losing weight too.

I have been reading You, the owners manual...very cool book. I too am working on portion control .... since dating Mario, my portions have gotten bigger..so I must cut back on those too...I have really lost any weight...still working on losing those last 12 pounds myself. sigh...so I better listen to myself and start putting into action my plan...which is simply to cut back on portions sizes and eat less deserts.

I will be taking pictures of Mario and myself soon..just havent gotten around to it..you know how that goes.

tonight is gym time...I have to renew my membership...ugh more money...I have been bleeding money lately.

Ok have a good day

Cyan

MikiG
06-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi ya'll!

Just a quick post to say hello. It's the weekend finally...hoorayyy!!! Hope everyone enjoys theirs. I am thrilled that the week is over. My sister and I did take a break this week and skipped 2 days of walking but we have rarely missed any for the last 9 weeks. And I actually think the scale showed a 3 lbs loss this week for a change. Not much considering 9 weeks of walking but at least it's a LOSS!!...right?? 'Bout time! Well, going to try to get some housework done tonight so I dont have to use up my entire weekend doing that so better go for now. I'll be back here soon!

Miki

MikiG
06-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi girls! I'm actually off work today. I think I mentioned the other day that Luke, my 13 yr old, had to have a sleep study done at the hospital. Well, we got the results of that on Friday and on Tuesday he had to have his tonsils and adenoids taken out. Phil and I were both off for the surgery, then he stayed home with him yesterday and it's my turn today. He has done amazingly well. Very minimal pain and was able to eat the very first night! I was dreading it so bad because Luke normally has zero pain tolerance. He hasnt complained at all!! He actually said his IV was the worst part.

Seems to be slowing down in here again. Just really hard to get in here without being able to do so at work. Lisa, how are things going with your new job? Still loving it? I hope so and I hope your feet have adjusted!

Cyan, I know you're busy..you actually have a job AND a social life..lol (I cant seem to find time for the social part...I guess 3FC IS my social life :lol: )Mario seems to have been just what the doctor ordered. Everytime you post, you seem happier than ever. That is so great.

I am still sticking with my morning walk....12 weeks now I think. But I still cant get ahold on my eating!! Seems that every Monday I have this new burst of "want-to" but it dwindles with each day of the week. I dont know what my problem is. So much of it is a mind thing. 2 yrs ago when I finally got into the right mindset, very rarely could anything cause me to get off-track. Now it seems very rarely can anything keep me ON track!

Oh by the way, yesterday was my 21st wedding anniversary. We've come a long way since this time last year, thank goodness. Been a tough week just because it brings back memories of what I was going through in my marriage exactly one year ago, but we are honestly working hard and doing well. Phil reminds me regularly that I am who he loves and he is where he wants to be and has no regrets of his decision to stay with me. I believe him but it's hard to keep those memories from trying to invade my mind sometimes. I'm not sure I'll ever completely heal from that hurt. It was worse than anything I've ever experienced in my entire life. On the positive side, tho, we made it through that...we ought to be able to make it through anything!

Well, I guess I"ll go for now. Hard to concentrate with Luke's LOUD snoring..lol The doc said that will last several days. Hope ya'll have a good rest of the week and a GREAT weekend! Be back soon.

MIKI

cyan
06-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey Miki

Thanks for the great update..good to hear that you are doing well...Happy Anniversary..here's to 21 years of marriage!! Wow thats a long time...what a feat!!

I cant post for too long because I am at work and the boss is fluttery about..but I will try to get back this weekend and give you guys a propper update

until then
be safe, happy and healthy

love

Cyan

Lisathemommy
06-23-2005, 05:36 PM
Howdy girls. great hearing from both of you. Work is still awesome. I just took my state boards yesterday. It was absolutely horrible. It took over 3 hours. I had the maximum 265 questions. Although it's not official, I'm sure I didn't pass. This may mean I don't have a job for the next 45 days until I take the test again which will cost $275. But I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. Such is life. I haven't stopped yet and I'm not going to stop now. This is my dream and while it may be harder for me than others, I can and will still do it.

THAT'S ALL FOR NOW...

Cyan.....congrats again!!

Lisa

MikiG
06-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Hi again

Lisa, it was nice talking to you this morning. Sorry your test was so tough...maybe you'll be surprise and find you passed it! But even if you didnt, you have the right attitude....dont give up...you've worked too hard for this.

Cyan, those "fluttering" bosses can be a pain cant they? That's why I cant get here at work. Never fails if I try to sign in, someone needs something or just shows up at my desk. I hope you have a nice weekend...with Mario I'm sure...right? Still anxious to see a pic of the two of you!

Well, better go. Need to take advantage of this time off with Luke to get some of this housework done before the weekend. Take care everyone.

Miki

Lisathemommy
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Hello everyone!!!! I just wanted to share the good news! I passed my NCLEX and I am now officially a REGISTERED NURSE in the state of Kansas!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!! I was so surprised! I am so excited!!!
Finally, all my hard work has paid off.

Thank you all!!!!

Lisa

MikiG
06-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Lisa,
Congratulations!!!! :cp: I had a feeling you did better than you thought on that exam! That is wonderful news....way to go!

Miki

cyan
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
CONGRATS LISA!!! Welcome to the world of medecine!!

MikiG
07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
Hello...it's the weekend! I actually will have a 3 day weekend which is cool but it will be a busy one. My cousin (and also one of my very best friends) is coming in tonight from California. We have lived close to each other our entire lives until 3 yrs ago when she met her internet boyfriend, decided it was more than just a casual net thing and moved out to be with him. She is now engaged and is thrilled with her new life. I"m happy for her but hate that she's so far away now. I have to pick her up at the airport about an hr drive from here at 10:30 pm.tonight. I'm feeling a little anxious about it because it was while waiting for her plane last year that I got the phone call that confirmed what I had suspected about my husband for several months before. I havent been to the airport since then and altho things between us are 1000 times better now and we are both totally committed, it kinda brings back that knot in my stomach when I think of sitting in that same place at the same time as last year when I got the news. Weird I know but it doesnt take much to bring back those sad memories.

On a more positive note, since we didnt get to celebrate our anniversary last week because of Luke's tonsilectomy, we are going for dinner and a movie tomorrow. Going to see War of the Worlds, I think. (not exactly a romantic one but oh well..lol) I am going to try not to overdo it at dinner because, believe it or not, for 3 days now I have been on track finally with my eating! :D It feels great and I really dont want to blow it. I cant wait to see those scales heading back downward. I've actually drank water every day also.

Well, need to get off here and get some things accomplished. I hope everyone is having a nice weekend even if work is involved.

Miki

Lisathemommy
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Hello Hello! I hope everyone had a good weekend. We went out to my parent's, about 210 miles West of Wichita for 4th of July. Had a good time. Got home yesterday morning. I did well with my diet plan until Late Monday night. My mom had made a German Chocolate cake and homemade ice cream. The ice cream was made with Splenda, so I had some of that. Well, it had an aftertaste...not due to the splenda, but I think my mom put too much vanilla in it.....So I thought if I had a piece of cake to help with the tasts.....uh..well...you know..I just rationalized having a pice of cake. German Chocolate is my favorite! I also had some cheetoes after that as well. The next morning, my mom made French Toast. It smelled so good!!!! But my mom didn't give me an option. She had scrambled eggs and bacon ready for me...so I've been OP since then. I've lost a total of 6 pounds now in about 8 days. Everytime I think about cheating, I think of my new job and how nice it would be to look as successful and wonderful as I feel. I want people to see the thin me. There's not too many overweight gals in the ER. So, that's my motivation right now.

Miki, I'm glad things are better with you and your husband. I have a friend who's husband confided in her about a year ago that he had been having a relationship with another woman but that it was only lunch dates that they had but that they had feelings for each other and it was now over. They were able to get past it but as time went by, he kept confessing to other things....first it was occasional kissing, then it was the whole shebang! Come to find out, the two of them had sex the first day they met! She actually picked him up in the mall where his wife works!!!! To make matters worse, he didn't use any protection the first few times and so who knows what he could've been bringing home to his wife!!!! Well, once she had this information, she kicked good old husband out and they are now getting a divorce. So...I guess the point to this horror story...is to let you know that you're husband loves you and he is a smart man not to have let things get to the point of no return. Good for him. okay...I'm rambling....

Cyan, hope things are going well with you!!!

Lisa

cyan
07-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Hey There ..quick update

Blood work is all fine...super healthy..nothing wrong...yay.

I had my LEEP procedure yesterday..I must say..it was very painful but today I am back to 100% or nearly there...it went well. So all in all I cant complain to much.

Hey Miki...thank your lucky stars your hubby realized the mistake he made..good to hear that you guys are working out just fine...go and celebrate you anniversary now that you know your little boy is doing just fine.

Hey Lisa..thanks for asking..its fine..healing nicely. hugs

Cyan

MikiG
07-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi again...been a busy weekend around here. Worked late Friday, Luke had twin friends over to spend the night, yesterday had a family get-together with watermelon and homemade ice cream (vanilla, choc, and rocky road!). Yes I tasted each... :^: The weekends havent been so great but my eating is pretty much on track during the week, at least for the last 2 weeks anyway. I am down a few pounds I think. Luke has lost 10 lbs since his tonsilectomy which I am thrilled about. It's even worse for a 13 yr old to be overweight than for an adult I think. He needs to lose at least 20 more. I feel bad for him because his older brother Josh who is 15 has his grandfather's build...tall and thin no matter how much he eats. I know it's discouraging for Luke but we are really trying to encourage him and brag on how much slimmer he's looking with the 10 lb loss. He has a goal now... I told him if he loses 10 more I'll take him for an exam to get contacts. He has glasses now. I'm hoping that will be incentive.

Cyan, glad to hear your blood work was fine and that you are feeling better already.

Lisa, you made my mouth water talking about German Choc cake. I LOVE coconut but nobody in my family likes it at all so I never get to have it. That icing on those cakes are YUMMMM!!

Well, better go. Josh is bugging me to get off here and for his Dad and I to take him somewhere for lunch. Luke is at his grandparents. Not sure where we're going. Hopefully somewhere not too bad as far as healthier choices.

Take care everyone.

MIKI

MikiG
07-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi chicks!

Looks like ya'll have been as busy as me....slow in here again lol.

Just had to share this....Last weekend a friend and I decided last minute to head to Hot Springs (3 1/2 hrs from here) to an amusement park where Air Supply was going to be in concert. Just us...no kids, no husbands. It was hot and sunny all the way...we got there around 5 and the concert was supposed to start at 8. We walked around, rode the rollercoaster, etc til time.

At 7:50, the biggest storm ever just comes out of nowhere and a HUGE downpour starts. We were soaked thru completely...I mean no less wet than if we had dove to the bottom of a pool and climbed out!! We just sat there drowning hoping it would pass quickly. (it was outdoor concert of course) We all looked like idiots sitting having to keep wiping these huge drops of water off our faces but we didnt want to get up and lose that one dry spot underneath us..lol. Even my zipped up purse had to be poured out! Finally it starts thundering and lightning and everyone runs for cover. We wait over 30 min and it's obvious the storm is here for the night. Sooo...drove 3 hrs to see no concert! To top it all off....I had just been thinking earlier that it was strange we hadnt run into anyone we knew because normally we do there when....of all people in the world...I run into Donna...the one who almost destroyed my marriage last year!!!!! Can you believe that????? I almost died!!! Thank God it was BEFORE the storm and I looked halfway decent. lol I ignored her but her husband and I waved and spoke to each other. The way I even saw her was that my friend Brenda says.."Look at that girl...she looks a whole lot like Donna"...I turn and we are looking face to face and it IS Donna! Pretty awkward situation. But I figure Donna was way more uncomfortable than I was...after all I still have my man who she wanted..LOL Plus seeing me had to remind her husband also of what she did which I'm sure put a damper on the rest of their trip.

Anyway, today Phil and I are taking the kids back to Hot SPrings....3 Dog Night is tonights concert. I checked the weather and it said NO RAIN so we'll see. Only thing is it's 101 there with a heat index up to 115! I'm hoping we can stand it. Gotta load up on sunscreen for sure.

Eating is once again OFF TRACK. I dont know what my problem is but I'm getting soooo depressed everytime I try to find something to wear. I'm just disgusted with myself. The amusement park has a really cool water park in it but I'm too fat to even go enjoy it with my kids! How pitiful is that? It's my own fault...I was well on my way last year. Hopefully one of these days I'll get my mindset on track again.

Well better go. Need to shower and get some things together for our little mini-vacation. Hope you're both doing well and hope to hear from you soon!

Miki

cyan
07-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Hello Ladies

Quick update...things are going swell..summer days are hot..and spent mostly at work..ack!! I had one week off which I spent with Mario..he is still on vacation..he took three weeks off this summer..lucky bugger.

Still working on taking off the last 15 pounds...so now I have to refocus and get serious..its hard when you eat with your man..he eats way more than me and before I know it..I am trying to match his food intake!! go figure!! anyway, definitely stopping that behaviour...yeesh!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Hey Miki...ack on seeing Donna...luckily you seem to have handled it well. I will never understand women who go after married men...cant figure it out..try as I might.

Anyway, have a good rest of week

Cyan

MikiG
07-26-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi again

Cyan, good to hear from you! And you're right...Major ACK on seeing Donna..lol Have to admit tho I always get a little satisfaction from it each time cuz ya know...I didnt lose anything. She cant say the same. :p

Mario is definitely lucky. I am off today for the first time all summer and just for today. Cant seem to work in a real vacation. Luke and I are going to spend the day together.....movie, lunch etc I think. He hasnt had much of a summer either with the tonsilectomy etc. We all enjoyed our weekend trip tho. The 3 Dog Night concert was pretty cool. Those old guys can still rock.

Phil and I are going back there again this weekend to see a 38 Special concert. They were big when we were dating...we danced to their music when we first met so it'll be fun to relive those days for one night. We are going without the kids for this one. ;)

I hope things are going well with Lisa. I'm sure she's working hard. Hope her feet have gotten more used to so much standing.

Well better run. Just remembered I wanted to get LUke's hair cut today also so got lots to do. I'll check back when I can.

MIKI

Lisathemommy
07-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey girls, just a quick entry...Yes I've been so busy and my body is still trying to get used to this night shift business!

Eating is OFF TRACK as well for me and there is no such thing as exercise anymore...ARGH....but I'm working on it as usual.

Work is great. I still love it. The feet are still giving me grief, but I'll survive.

Trying to fit in "quality" time with both the kids and hubby. I have guilt being a working mother after so many years of staying at home. I miss them all the time and then I feel like we're just yelling at each other all the time when I'm home. My kids seem to have acquired a snotty, spoiled attitude lately and I don't know what to do. They won't clean, they talk back and they complain about everything. *sigh* I'll get through it. School starts soon and we'll get back into a routine.

Miki, sounds like you're having a good summer with all those concerts! Good for you!

Cyan, thinking of you often and am so happy for you and Mario. give him a big wet sloppy kiss from me. LOL

See y'all soon!

Lisa

cyan
08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Hey Lisa...gave Mario that sloppy kiss for you...LOL

Good to hear that the job is all what you expected and more. Get going on the weight loss program Missy...you can do it!!

Hey Miki...Yes Mario is awesome..so glad to have found him...and happier that he wants me LOL its all good.

well I am at work..so gotta get going

write more later

Cyan

MikiG
08-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi Lisa and Cyan

Sorry I havent been here in forever. My computer was "hi-jacked". It's where your homepage keeps changing, things are added to your "favorites" etc and errors keep coming up. Nothing will get rid of the probs. Eventually our Internet Explorer just quit working altogether. Last weekend I had to completely Restore. Seems to be working fine now, thank goodness.

How have ya'll been?? Everyone here is fine but I am still not on track with my eating and it has just gotten too hot to keep walking. Of course my AirWalker is sitting here in the A/C house but I have yet put it to use. I keep thinking if it would just get to cooler weather, maybe I'd have more motivation. :?:

My bank uniforms are going to bust open if I dont do something soon. We ordered them last June when I was at my smallest....they dont fit exactly the same now :(

Well, better go for now. Just got in from seeing a movie for hubby's birthday (RedEye) and it's getting late. Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Maybe next time I'll have more positive news as far as my diet and exercise.

Take care everyone!
MIKI

cyan
08-24-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey There Miki

Been a tough weight loss summer for most of us in here it seems. I havent lost a pound in many months..still working on it. Thankfully I havent gained back any of it..well maybe 5 pounds since starting the BC pill but I am off it so I am sure to see those 5 pounds off soon. It hasnt affected my clothes size and all...probably water weight.

Other than that..everything is good with Mario and I. Mom is doing the best she can...she has a bladder infection right now and a bit of a cold...tough to see her suffer.

ok I gotta run..just wanted to give you guys a quick update

take care

Cyan

Lisathemommy
08-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey girls, just a quick post. Sorry I have been MIA lately. My schedule is so weird. I have good news. I'm finally kicking into gear as far as weight loss. I started Weight Watchers. My first weigh in was yesterday and I lost 7 pounds my first week! YIPPEE!!! I'm feeling awesome about it and very hopeful. It's the most positive I've felt about weight loss in a very long time. I have a lot to lose, but even more to gain...if you know what I mean. I miss you guys and I think of you often. Hope you are both doing well.

Lisa

ps...job is still great...life is good.

MikiG
09-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Hi girls!

Cyan, sorry to hear your mom is sick on top of her alzheimer's. I hope she gets over the infection and cold quickly. Breaks my heart to see people in her situation. Phil's grandmother had to go into the nursing home a few months back. She fell and broke her shoulder and hip. Her mind is fine, but there was no way she could live on her own in that shape. She hates it and it's terrible seeing someone want to go home that bad and not be able to do something about it.

Glad to hear you and Mario are still going strong! I am really happy for you.

Lisa, congrats on the 7 lbs...WOW!!! I'm jealous :p lol. I'm doing better tho. I think I have lost 3 lbs but its 3 of 5 I gained recently. Guess thats a start anyway.

It's finally cooling off a little so I plan on starting my walking back tomorrow. I cant wait!

Well, better get ready for work. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Ya'll have a great day!!
MIKI

cyan
09-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey There... My Mom is feeling better but that nursing home is a disaster..they are so incomptetent I dont even know where to start with them.

Mario and I are good...he is just wonderful..my rock!!

I am recommitting to weight loss..I have been too long on this bloody plateau and now feel the need to move on down the ladder again. I am at 157...so I have gained from 152...so I better get back down and beyond starting now.

Have a great weekend and keep moving

Cyan

MikiG
09-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Well, I weighed yesterday and actually got Phil to come in and read the scale for me. (My eyes arent what they used to be...I can barely see the small numbers that far lol). I am now at 208!! I was at 215 a little over a week ago!! 208 isnt a weight to brag about since I was at 189 a year ago, but it feels sooo much better than 215!!! Seeing that marker move down is a major motivation to keep trying. The main change I've made is that I am taking a sandwich and a bottle of water for lunch and I refill the bottle at least twice during the day. My night meal hasnt really changed and I am not yet exercising regularly. Just cutting out the fast food lunches and replacing my diet drinks with water has made a huge difference. I'm really excited.

My sis and I walked Thursday morning (2 miles) but Friday morning Josh had to be at school early for a pre-football game breakfast so we didnt have time. The weather is finally getting cool here so beginning Monday, we should be able to get back into a regular schedule. I cant wait.

Speaking of football, Friday night was THE game of the season. We (well Josh and his teammates lol) played our biggest rivals which happens to be my alma mater. Feels pretty weird for my son to be playing for the team opposite the school which always held my loyalties until now. We happen to live between the two towns but my kids ended up in that school district because of where the lines are drawn. Anyway, at the game, of course I knew almost Everyone from the opposite side and am sitting there in the colors of our school rivals. Strange feeling.(I grew up and went to school there all 12 yrs) I know hardly anyone from our side. After a stressful back and forth game, we WON!!!!!!!!!! It was great! Josh is in 10th grade, starting playing for the first time this past year and is already on starter on the Senior team. The very first tackle of the game was made by him. From that moment on, I was PROUD to be seen in my purple and white! :D

So far, this has been a nice weekend. The thrill of victory on the football field and on the scale feels awesome!

Hope you two have a great weekend also. Lisa, glad to hear you're still loving your job. Cyan, I'm rooting for you and your new recommitment.

Bye for now
MIKI

cyan
09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey Girls

still working hard and losing weight but for the time being...the scale is not budging..very frustrating..but I am not giving up. I dont have much time to write a detailed post but I am well...doing the best I can

I will try to write more later

Cyan

MikiG
10-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi girls
Just a quick post...hubby and I are off this week...yeahhh!! We havent done anything major...mainly house cleaning, washing cars,laundry, etc....things we've needed to get to forever. We did take time out yesterday to go see "Flight Plan". Good movie. I just finished scrubbing the floors and thought I'd take a 5 min break to check in here. Sad to say that I have regained those 7 lbs I just lost!! I just cannot get it together! I lose and gain and lose and gain. Very depressing, especially knowing the holidays are coming. BUT I just remembered that Oct is the month I first joined 3FC 3 years ago and I lost even through the holidays. If only I can just get that mindset back. Walked 2 miles every day this week. Just got to get the eating back under control. Well, better get back to the cleaning before I get out of the mood!
Have a great weekend
MIKI

MikiG
11-03-2005, 01:14 PM
This will be quick since I'm at work. Still walking regularly but eating still isnt great. I have lost 2 of those 7 lbs I gained back. I hope everyone else is making more progress than I am! Cyan and Lisa, hope ya'll are doing well. I miss everyone! Take care...
MIKI

cyan
11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey Miki..you should join me on the journals..thats where I journal now...since this forum got kinda slow..the ladies there are awesome..hope to see you there..my handle is also Cyan there ..so it will be easy for you to find me there

take care

Cyan

MikiG
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks Cyan...I'll check it out! :)

MikiG
11-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Lisa and Cyan,

Just wanted to tell you I've joined another group here recently and to invite ya'll to drop in sometime. For now, it's under "BUddyUp" and called "I need accountability to get Back on Track". There are 8 or so of us in there. I've told them all about ya'll and the wonderful group we used to have meeting here. I reallly miss everyone. Feel free to drop in sometime if you'd like. Hope you both are doing well.

Miki