Carb Counters - Week 1 2005 - Induction Boot Camp: Jan 3-9

KarenW
01-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Welcome Everyone!

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!

If anyone is willing to jump on board with me, check in anytime! If not, I still will post here to make myself accountable!

KarenW
01-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Hi Gang!

My goals for the week:

Stick 100% to Induction
Drink 8-12 glasses of h2o a day
Excersize 3X this week

Who is next?

RobinW
01-03-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll join you Karen!

I started back on induction about 2 weeks before christmas, and then got stuck in winnipeg over night, and that blew it for about a week and a half!!

So......Im ready!!

My goals

1. strict induction
2. exercise a min of 5 days this week
3. drink min of 5 bottles of water = 144 oz. per day
4. log food into fitday and on star's thread to keep accountable

Next?

jdoggmartin
01-03-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm next!

My goals:

(1). Induction
(2). Drink at least 78 oz. water/day.
(3). Walk/run five days/week; Pilates three days/week.

Any other takers?

StarPrincess
01-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm in OWL, but can I still post goals here? I promise not to detract from the induction-ness of it all ;)

KarenW
01-03-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm in OWL, but can I still post goals here? I promise not to detract from the induction-ness of it all ;)

Well, gee, I dont know ... :lol:

OF COURSE YOU CAN!

You have nothing but valuable information to share with all of us!

YEA! Jina and Robin! Glad to see you here too! :)

KarenW
01-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Monday Food Log:

Breakfast:

3 Eggs Scrambled with Butter
1 cup of coffee with heavy cream
52 oz Water

Lunch
Smoked Salmon Salad
Coffee with Heavy Cream

Snack
32 oz Water
Pork Rinds w 1 tbsp sour cream

Dinner
Hamburger patty with cheese
Celery with Cream Cheese
Pepperoni stick
Water

Total Carbs: 9
Total Water: 116 oz
Total Calories: 1138

More to come....

Purple Hugs
01-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Hi, well have moved over from the other thread..

I started induction 31/12/04 and have been really strict!! :smug:
I have been down this part of the 'atkins' road to recovery once before, but had to come off due to ill health (nothing atkins related.. but under gp's disapproving orders).

Goal's for the week :

1, to learn to log all my foods - I've been mentally adding up carbs
2, to stick to strict induction
3, to NOT weigh myself till Friday

Exercise will come the following week, as wanted to get over the 'side affects' of induction and my aerobics buddy isn't about till next tuesday's class. :^:

I'm already feeling my 'small' jeans are a bit more comfortable (not loose by any means.. but there's time yet)! :p So fingers crossed they'll become my 'big jeans' soon!!

cbzmomof4
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Count me in!

Goals:

1) Induction for 2 weeks.
2) Drink 8-10 c of H2O every day.
3) Exercise 4-5 times this week. Start out slow....WATP 1 mile tape!
4) Try not to be so hard on myself!
5) Like Hugs ~ learn to log my foods, actually it would be, make some time to do that! :dizzy:

Hey ya Hugs! ;) In answer to your question from the other thread, I am a Registered Nurse. I work in a small rural hospital that has a combination ICU/Med-Surg unit. I only work the weekends, Friday and Saturday night 7pm to 7am. Works well for us.

Gotta jet!
Caroline

KarenW
01-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow! Everyone has some great goals this week! Make sure you all check in and let us know how it is going!

Hugs and Caroline - Do you know about Fitday (http://www.fitday.com)? You probably do, but just in case I though I would give you the link. I when I use it faithfully it works wonders. I am seriously considering buying the full version.

I am doing really well today. I am having MAJOR MAJOR headaches .. Pretty close to my migraines.. but I am getting through it. I also had a really bad stress moment. The school called that my son hit his head on a pole outside at recess and that they wanted me to come take a look. When I got there, he had a GOOSE EGG and really dilated eyes. Took him to the doctor and it isnt too serious, just a hematoma but I am to watch him for concussion symptoms. Poor Little guy. Anyway.. that would normally drive me to eat.. but I am drinking my water instead! :) How is everyone elses day?

StarPrincess
01-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Poor Karen!!!

Here are my goals for the week:
* Log all my food!
* Exercise at 5 days this week (no dinner until exercise is done)
* Catch up on housework

Ok, I know the last one doesn't sound health/fitness/diet related but it really is. When I'm behind on housework I become a stressball and stress is bad for weight loss as well as overall well being. :)

Spedmom
01-03-2005, 08:25 PM
I began induction again on 12/27/05. My goals for the week are:

Stick with rules of induction 100%
Log food daily into FitDay
Make a complete meal plan for NEXT week (instead of flying by the seat of my pants)
Contemplate exercising a little more seriously (LOL)
Finally, but very importantly, stop blaming last year's chemo for my weight gain and realize that my choice to endulge in non-stop pity bingeing was to blame.
So far, so good!

Elvis1517
01-03-2005, 10:53 PM
Can I join you all? I started about a month ago, but things happened etc...but I have already gotten my cabinets and fridge all ready to go to start again...Today was my first offical day back on inductions.

KarenW
01-03-2005, 11:21 PM
Laura!
Of course you can join us! :) Everyone is welcome!

Post your goals and a little about yourself! We'd also love to have you on the daily thread too!

barbmarie
01-04-2005, 03:29 AM
My goals for this week:

-Stay on induction 100%
-Drink all my water
-Wear my pedometer and reach 10,000 steps/day
-Dig out the elliptical from underneath all the stuff hanging on it (I think its under there)

Purple Hugs
01-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Wow! Everyone has some great goals this week! Make sure you all check in and let us know how it is going!

Hugs and Caroline - Do you know about Fitday (http://www.fitday.com)? You probably do, but just in case I though I would give you the link. I when I use it faithfully it works wonders. I am seriously considering buying the full version.

I am doing really well today. I am having MAJOR MAJOR headaches .. Pretty close to my migraines.. but I am getting through it. I also had a really bad stress moment. The school called that my son hit his head on a pole outside at recess and that they wanted me to come take a look. When I got there, he had a GOOSE EGG and really dilated eyes. Took him to the doctor and it isnt too serious, just a hematoma but I am to watch him for concussion symptoms. Poor Little guy. Anyway.. that would normally drive me to eat.. but I am drinking my water instead! :) How is everyone elses day?

Thanks Karen, Yep I used fitday last night for my food, and it all fitted well :D
I struggle getting the food types sometimes, but I'm sure i'll learn them soon - I didnt' really do that last time I have a pocket book given to me by my GP's nurse when I first started atkins, it's great for looking things up - even in a restaurant! hehe

So sorry to hear about your son, I do hope his swelling is coming down and he had a good night. It's a worry isnt' it, my DD fell off a bed at my cousins (playing with her 2nd cousin) and had the biggest lump I've ever seen on her forehead!

Keep hitting the water!! And I'm sure the headaches will pass soon, thankfully mine have. ;)

Elvis1517
01-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Goals for the week: :write:

1. Start and stay on induction
2. Get back to drinking water and increasing each day.
3. Getting meals planned and made prior to the next day.
4. Logging everything into my Weight by Day Pro software every day.

:halffull: I keep a photograph of me on my first attempt on Atkins, that lasted 6 months and how I looked 30lbs lighter than I am now. It isn't much, but 30lbs made a big difference and of course I didn't realize that then. Pictures seem to motivate me pretty good...

KarenW
01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
Thanks Karen, Yep I used fitday last night for my food, and it all fitted well :D
I struggle getting the food types sometimes, but I'm sure i'll learn them soon - I didnt' really do that last time I have a pocket book given to me by my GP's nurse when I first started atkins, it's great for looking things up - even in a restaurant! hehe

So sorry to hear about your son, I do hope his swelling is coming down and he had a good night. It's a worry isnt' it, my DD fell off a bed at my cousins (playing with her 2nd cousin) and had the biggest lump I've ever seen on her forehead!

Keep hitting the water!! And I'm sure the headaches will pass soon, thankfully mine have. ;)

Hi Purple Hugs!

The one thing I can honestly say about fitday is that sometimes it is a pain to add new foods to. (Like Slim Jim pepperoni sticks! ) But now that I have most of my normal induction foods in there, it really helps!

My son is actually doing better. The bump has spread out a bit, but is still huge and brused. So far no black Eye... :)

Water is definately not hard lately.It is helping me stay full too so that I dont crave an extra non-LC snack!

KarenW
01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Goals for the week: :write:

1. Start and stay on induction
2. Get back to drinking water and increasing each day.
3. Getting meals planned and made prior to the next day.
4. Logging everything into my Weight by Day Pro software every day.

:halffull: I keep a photograph of me on my first attempt on Atkins, that lasted 6 months and how I looked 30lbs lighter than I am now. It isn't much, but 30lbs made a big difference and of course I didn't realize that then. Pictures seem to motivate me pretty good...

30 pounds is a HUGE difference! I know it well too! It was about when I hit the 25 pound mark that everyone started noticing, and at 30 pounds gone, everyone wanted to know how I was doing it! :) Pictures help me too. That is why I keep my progress pictures in my profile. It really helps me stay on track!

KarenW
01-04-2005, 01:59 PM
How is everyone today? I am doing well so far.. although I am freezing! It is 25 degrees! ACK! And snow is expected on Thursday and Friday! The kids are happy!

Anyway here is my food journal so far:

Breakfast:
Coffee with Heavy Cream
2 eggs
3 Sausage Links
32 oz of water

Total Carbs: 3
Total Calories: 454
Total Water: 32 oz

More coming! :)

Elvis1517
01-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Karen ~

Sorry to hear that you are having bad weather. I live on the East Coast and I can't figure out how it is in the 60s today. It is suppose to get chilly by the end of the week, but it is still higher 40s and low 50s, very weird...this is January in Virginia not winter in Hawaii.

You are right, around 20lbs I went back to Ohio, were all my friends were and they were amazed how good I had looked, but to me it I didn't see it...but know when I look back some pictures compared today, I'm bound to see that again :):)

Laura :)

Purple Hugs
01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Just a quick one tonight, as have been busy.. but doing well, sticking to plan! And will go log my foods now!!

:D have drunk all my water, even when we went to visit my BIL & SIL :D no tea for me!!

Hope you are all well.
Karen, glad your son is ok, if bruised..

TTFN

Elvis1517
01-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Well things went ok for me on my first day back on Atkins. Headaches started around 5pm though...coming of Mountain Dew is hard! :( That stuff is my coffee. Started getting very sleepy at 6pm...It was hard to sit and listen to my son read his book for school....but otherwise, I tracked everything and drank 4 20z bottles of water. Ran back and forth to the bathroom again :o

Purple Hugs
01-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Hope your energy levels pick up soon Elvis, but it's not a bad price to pay really is it! I take paracetomol for my headaches, but they only lasted two days this time (a week first time around).

Well, in the Valentines thread.. they were tempting me.. as a few of them weigh everyday... I'm sorry to say, i caved.. and threw caution to the wind after my engagement ring fitted me again this morning. I had to take it off about a month ago as it was too tight.

I weighed this morning, and have lost a little... errrrr
mmmm

11 little lbs!!
hehe

Can't believe that. since new years eve morning, I've lost 11 lbs!! I had just finished my TOM but can't believe that total!!

jdoggmartin
01-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Way to go, Purple Hugs!! That is awesome! :cb: I hope I have a weigh-in even half that good. Congrats! :cheer:

Purple Hugs
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Thanks!! Feels fab I must admit!!
I'll weigh on sunday now, with the rest of you!! :coffee:

Uggamugga4
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok, so no weighing until sunday?!?!!!! Oh! I didn't see that one!! woops! Ok, I wont do it again until sunday. Then from then on Sunday's only? Ok, we're on.

Jane- YAY! On your loss!!! Ok, so then no more weighing for you either, until Sunday, right?

KarenW
01-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Oh You guys.. You can weigh in as much as you want. I just dont make anything official for 7 days. So tecnically I have droped 4.5 pounds so far.. but anything can happen between now and Sunday! I just weigh myself every morning to keep motivated!

Purple Hugs - GREAT JOB!

VanIsle
01-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Well I started Induction on Monday and Wow!
Last time I didnt have any headache or plain feeling crapy but a different story this time aroound.
Too Much Christmas!!
Hopefully will be gone tomorrow.
My weigh in is on Monday but I already feel much less bloated and the clothes are fitting the way they did pre Xmas.
Everyone keep up the good work!

jen519
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Hi folks.
I recognize several of you from a year or so ago when I was more faithfully doing Atkins and really on track. Don't know quite what happened, but did I ever fall off the wagon!!! Tried to start again in September, but after 4 days I failed miserably. It's that foolish "well I'll just have one of these to satisfy my craving" thinking that gets me. Not this time. I stood on the scale New Years Day and weighed 200 lbs again! This after I'd been down to 178 last summer.
New year - New start.
I started induction on Monday and have been 100% on since then. That's my 1st goal. Goal number 2 is to DRINK MY WATER!!! Goal number 3 begin to contemplate the possibility of maybe getting in some excersize. Just kidding. I'm going to start small with going on some kind of walk or doing some WATP tapes at least twice a week. That's going to be the hardest one for me.
You are all doing so well and that's what will keep me motivated. Thanks for being here!

Jen

Sonnet
01-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi Karen and all. I'm here. :D I've been strict Induction phase since my planned start of Jan. 3. ...and (((3 pounds))) are gone this morning. :D

My goals I have been doing are:
walk as much as possible
drink all my water
count carbs I eat and stay under 20
reading my new version of Atkins' New Deit Revolution

Hi Jen519, I think I remember you from before. I was Barbie101 then. I left for a while also, and I regained a lot, but I'm back in full force too. Good to see you here again. :)

Oh, and there's some newer mebers I'll get to meet as well. :)

barbmarie
01-05-2005, 08:10 PM
WOW! Here I was excited to log on to add my 1 more pound to my ticker, and WOW!!! 11lbs Purple!!! You must be feeling great!:bravo:

Finally over the headaches and sluggishness. Cravings abating too. Feeling good! :strong:

RobinW
01-05-2005, 08:43 PM
I havent had a chance to check in, but Im here and doing good!! Made it thru the first 3 days, and a 4lb loss already. So I must be doing something right lol

I'll check in tomorrow with everyone and see how everyone is doing.

Robin :wave:

cbzmomof4
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Greetings all! I am glad to hear that everyone seems to be doing so well! Hey for us!!!

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, it seems like I am always so very busy. Since I homeschool it is hard for me to find some time to get on the computer, and it drives me batty since we have dial-up, and it seems to be slower than molasses in January! LOL!

I have been having some major headaches, but they seem to be getting better. I think that I did really well when I was working this past weekend, only had 2 cups of caffeine! Yay for me! Even though @ about 5 am I am blurry eyed. But I was drinking lots of water. I am sure that it will just take some time.

Karen ~ I have tried Fitday before and I really like it! Great idea! Thanks! Sorry to hear about your son, although I am so glad that he seems to be doing better. Poor little man!

Hello to all! I better fly on outta here!

*poof*

Elvis1517
01-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello ladies..sorry I didn't post lastnight...I was so tired..coming off that Mountain Dew has kept me tired :( Oh well...today seems to better, I didn't wake up with my headaches :)

I drank all my water yesterday and was able to log everything...I'm trying to keep a journal as well...I had never kept one.

PurpleHugs....FANTASTIC!!!! I hope to report something that great soon!

Laura

Purple Hugs
01-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Oh You guys.. You can weigh in as much as you want. I just dont make anything official for 7 days. So tecnically I have droped 4.5 pounds so far.. but anything can happen between now and Sunday! I just weigh myself every morning to keep motivated!

Purple Hugs - GREAT JOB!

Thanks!! And to Ugga... I must admit to being quite chuffed (pleased). :smug: hehe

It was my personal goal not to weigh... I know what I'm like!! often tempted to jump on the scales... :dizzy:

Purple Hugs
01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
WOW! Here I was excited to log on to add my 1 more pound to my ticker, and WOW!!! 11lbs Purple!!! You must be feeling great!:bravo:

Finally over the headaches and sluggishness. Cravings abating too. Feeling good! :strong:

Thanks, but when you think that I gained 24 lb in the last 5 mths before.. then it's only halfway to getting to where i was in the summer. :dizzy:

Your lb is still fab!! Any loss is fab!! :coffee:

Purple Hugs
01-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Hello ladies..sorry I didn't post lastnight...I was so tired..coming off that Mountain Dew has kept me tired :( Oh well...today seems to better, I didn't wake up with my headaches :)

I drank all my water yesterday and was able to log everything...I'm trying to keep a journal as well...I had never kept one.

PurpleHugs....FANTASTIC!!!! I hope to report something that great soon!

Laura

I'm sure we'll be sharing celebrations along the way!! ;) Your doing a fantastic job.. don't lose sight of your achievement so far.. :cheer:

jen519
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello everyone!

Day 4 is going well. I have been having some minor nagging headaches, but none today, so I expect that withdrawal stuff is about over (I HOPE). I had a really hard time last night. I always want to snack in the evening and it's sugar I crave. I ended up eating celery and cream cheese which isn't sugar or even close, but it got me passed the need to snack.

Purple, I did the same thing from late spring til the end of the year, I put on 22 pounds of the 60 I had lost. Kind of sucks, but the good part is we're back at it again and have no reason not to succeed. Welcome back to you too Sonnet. And hey, we know we can lose the weight. After all, we did it before!

I tend to weigh myself everyday. Which has worked out fine during those times when I'm losing quickly, but not so well when I'm going slowly. I'm going to attempt to skip a day of weighing and I think I need to make my weigh-in day on Monday. I have my hardest time with the weekends and I'm hoping it will keep me accountable.

Catch ya all tomorrow.

Jen

Purple Hugs
01-07-2005, 06:06 AM
Morning all!

Jen - congrat's on losing the 60 that is a big achievement, and at least you are back on track whilst only gaining a third of it back, that's a big step! You are right of course... there is NO reason why we can't do this!! Just gotta keep strong.. and remember why we want it!! ;)

Am still firmly on the wagon, and am sooo pleased as I've not been tempted at all, not even when my DH baked rock cakes with my DD. :dizzy: Cakes and puddings are my major weaknes..

Today I weighed, and am down another lb! DH is down 4lb in total for the week. He has had normal foods a fair bit though so that is still a good achievment for him.

I haven't done my measurements yet. So ought to do those soon. :p it's sometimes good when you dont' lose weight to see the inches drop..

Well, off to get some breakfast, it's 10am but I can't eat early on. Just water (lots off) in the mornings.

Hope you are all having a fab day. :coffee:

Elvis1517
01-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Good Morning all!

Well I still seem to be fighting some headaches, but you know they aren't as strong as they were. I hope by this weekend to have that resolved. I just try to drink more water :)

Purple Hugs, great job :cp:
My DH is following what I eat as well, however, he stills has some of his own things as well. I just make sure that he has bananas and apples with his lunch or whenever he gets hungry..he is already thin and tall.

Well I'm doing good. Will weigh in later this weekend to see how things are going!

barbmarie
01-07-2005, 02:04 PM
What can we use beside those darn Psyllium Husks for, you know?
Is reg Metamucil or Fiber caps OK?

RobinW
01-07-2005, 06:27 PM
If you can get the metimucil that is unsweetened and unflavoured, it works great. I used to use the psyllium husk caps all the time, but I find I have a fuller feeling faster with the powder.

So....what ever works for you

Robin :)

cbzmomof4
01-08-2005, 11:03 AM
:wave: Hello all! You will never guess, I finally got a WHOLE weekend off of work! I haven't had any time off since the beginning of April. :dance:

Anyhoo ~ just wanted to pop in and say howdy! I am doing well, I weighed myself and I have lost 8 lbs. But offically I am not going to count it until my "offical" weigh in on Monday. :goodvibes:

Hugs ~ WOWSERS! That is terrific! Good for you. I am sure that you are so stoked (pleased)...lol ;) Keep up the great work.

Robin ~ 4 #s is nothing to shirk at! Great job! :cp:

:wave: to everyone!

I really need to get a journal and write down what I am eating. I think that I may be going over the 20 carbs a little bit. Finally the nausea is going away, did any else have some nausea??? I was thinking that I might be pregnant! Egads! :o Not that I would mind, but I think that I would like to lose...um....like...some major weight before that happens again! :^:

Hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend! I know that I am going to have a marvelous one! tee hee :D

Toddles :dizzy:
Caroline

Purple Hugs
01-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I am 'stoked' hehe

I'm now busy preparing for a new foster arrival.. a 5 year old girl - a good playmate for my own 5 year old! ;)

That and a special needs girl we are having tomorrow for the day, makes for a busy weekend, but sticking to plan. :)

KarenW
01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi All! Sorry I have been MIA! Life got a little crazy at the end of this week, but I should be back on track now.

Fortunately I am still eating on induction doing very well! The official weigh in is tomorrow, but it is looking very promising! :)

The kids and I just woke up to snow! DH is in California visiting his mom who broke her shoulder a couple of weeks ago. So it is just the 3 of us. And I just found out both of their Basketball games were canceled!

So we get to stay home and play in the snow! :) :coffee:

jdoggmartin
01-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Induction is going very well for me, too. Managed to stay OP last night when a group of friends went out to eat. I had a really tasty Cesar salad with grilled chicken. So, one weekend-night down, two to go. My weigh-in is looking very promising, too, but I weigh-in on Mondays to force me to stay on-track through the weekend. I'll let you all know Monday!

barbmarie
01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Where are you Karen? We didn't get the snow here in Federal Way.

Spedmom
01-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Darn! I've been posting to the daily and completing forgetting about the Boot Camp! Well, looking back at my posted goals, I'm proud to say that I'm managed to stay true to the course. Thankfully I worded my exercise goal as "contemplating" exercising instead of "starting!"

Tomorrow is the last day of my 2-week induction and I'm down 7 so far -- I'm definitely a happy little camper.:cb: But, as with the last time around (which I will try to be positive about by referring to it as my "practice run at Atkins"), I'm planning to extend my induction phase for at least another month!

Looks like everyone is doing fabulously. Keep it up!

KarenW
01-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Where are you Karen? We didn't get the snow here in Federal Way.

Hi Barb!

I'm North of you in Everett! Here is a picture!

jen519
01-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi all.
Made it through Saturday still OP. Sunday is usually my hardest day because I'm by myself while DD is with her dad for the day. I'm just looking forward to the weigh-in on Monday to keep me on track. Although, I have to admit to stepping on the scale daily. Maybe I should have made that one of my goals. It doesn't seem to be moving as much as I'd hoped even though I haven't cheated once.

Karen you're so lucky. I love the snow, but it seems like it always misses Auburn. Sometimes it'll snow in Kent and even Federal Way (Hi Barb), but misses me down in the Auburn valley.

Did get a brisk walk in today, so that's 1 day of excercise this week. I guess I'd better get a walk in tomorrow too in order to make my weekly goal! Maybe a couple during the time my daughter's away so I can stay motivated and away from the carbs.

Oops, better go drink a tad more water. Looks like I'm short about 8 ounces. I guess I won't be sleeping through the night. :^:

Jen

Purple Hugs
01-09-2005, 06:36 AM
Morning girls!
Well, it's 10.30 here and can you believe I forgot to weigh!!! I haven't weighed since going down another lb. So you'll have to count my loss as 12 lb :p am really chuffed with that, but will weigh in tomorrow morning to see what it is now...

We've been mega busy with our fostering and I've gotten myself ahead on my chores for the week, as we have a new girl arriving tomorrow after school (hopefully... ). She's 5 and should get on fab with my DD who is only 15 days older than our new placement. it's hard not putting her name! :dizzy:

We've a special needs girl with us today, we'll be having her every couple of weeks for a day or so. She's lovely, but can't communicate due to a brain condition (don't ask me the name.. I can never remember)! We're off to the park later :D .

Hope you are all doing well!
I'll post my weight tomorrow if that's ok.

Leenie
01-09-2005, 06:59 AM
You girls ROCK!!! Keep up the good work, I'm rootin for yah :D

KarenW
01-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Karen you're so lucky. I love the snow, but it seems like it always misses Auburn. Sometimes it'll snow in Kent and even Federal Way (Hi Barb), but misses me down in the Auburn valley.

Jen

Jen - It is you! I couldnt tell from the picture, but I was wondering if you were still around! :)

Would you believe it is snowing here again! My kids will be so happy! Although we will be missing church today as the road in front of my house is a little slick. I watched a slow car skid.. I dont want to do that with my kids in the car!

KarenW
01-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Im down 7 pounds! :):) WOO HOO!!!

and Purple Hugs.. you are doing awesome 12 pounds! AMAZING! And Brenda with the 4 pounds! WTG!

I am anxious to hear everyone's weigh in results!

RobinW
01-09-2005, 11:51 AM
Morning All :wave:

Im going to weigh in tomorrow...hopefully Im as successful as you purplehugs!!!! But I doubt very much it will be a 12 lb loss for me. If I get back to what I was before the christmas eatfest, I'll be happy.

Congratulations purple, karen, paula and all the rest that are doing so great!!

jen519
01-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow!
You guys are doing so well! It looks like I might be down 2 pounds, but I'm not officially weighing in til tomorrow. I was feeling a bit disappointed about only losing 2 pounds on my first week of induction, but then I realized...I really started at 199. Just didn't start posting here until 1/5 and had already lost 4 pounds in the 1st couple of days (water I'm sure)! I sure would love to be with you at that 12 lb mark though Purple.

Karen, we did get a "dusting" of snow it appears, but nothing to play in. Just as well, it's been a while since I "scooped up" in the yard (2 dogs ya know). I guess I'd better keep up with it.

Here's to keeping OP on my "hardest day". Don't be surprised if I pop in again a bit later to help me stay motivated. "See" ya all then.

Jen

jdoggmartin
01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I am so excited about my weigh-in tomorrow. I keep checking, of course, and I think it's going to be a great loss. I have been OP with no cheats, and I feel on fire! It's amazing how the weight comes off if you do things right. Why I don't always do them right, I don't know! :?:

Elvis1517
01-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey ladies!

Sorry I haven't posted since Friday morning, but things have been busy and one thing after another around here. I know that I have stayed true to the induction, but I just have a feeling that nothing has happened for me yet...just from my last induction:) But we'll see....everyone is doing great and these boards are awesome. I wish I had found this on my last try, I believe I might have stayed on track :)

Spedmom
01-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Wow! I'm seeing some awesome results posted on this thread! Keep up the great work, chickies!

I've officially completed my 2 week induction period now, and am now looking forward to adding in a few more veggies. During induction, I stick to a strick personal limit of 10 carbs, which doesn't allow for much. Boy, am I looking forward to some of my home-made coleslaw! YMMMMMMM!

I dropped 9 pounds during the last 2 weeks, and although I'm not "seeing" much of a difference, I can feel a small one. I love those stretch khaki's from Walmart, and the ones I've been wearing (in a size 14) have been busting at the seams, with my stomach hanging over the top, forcing me to wear bulky sweaters and suffer after lunchtime at work! Well, they still don't fit perfectly, but I can buttom them without making noises like a moose in heat!

I'm still sticking to induction for a while yet, but I'll be allowing myself to go UP to 20 now! Funny how excited one can get at the thought of 10 extra little carbs!

Have a good one everyone!

jen519
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi.
Made it through my first weekend staying OP. Thanks to you guys for your support and inspiration!!!

Jen

barbmarie
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, I finally found some snow! I work in West Seattle, night shift, so when I tried to leave yesterday morning at 6AM, had to slide down a big hill! (35th AVE SW for my Seattle neighbors!!!)
But, when I got home, nothing but dust here. Kids very disappointed.
Taking a BYE on my weigh in this week, TOM.

RobinW
01-10-2005, 02:41 PM
First week in and Im down 9lbs!!

Im doing the happy dance :dance:

Elvis1517
01-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Ok ladies......first week on induction and down 5lbs :cb:

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's bad weather. I'm in Northern VA and I'm getting Hawaii winter weather...it is even suppose to get up to the high 60s this week. Very Weird.... :shrug:

I have a question...what do you do to make that you don't get backed up? :o
I want to make sure that I don't go through that again...