Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 AM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Default January Chat

Good morning Chicks!

Sorry I have been so MIA lately.
Work has been really busy & stressful, but not exactly in a bad way. I am not sure if that makes sense.

I had a small dinner for my mom, sisters & nephew on Christmas Eve, and I had 27 people over for Christmas Day. It was crazy but a good time.

Then I headed to Ohio for a few days. I got to spend time with the boy, which was very nice. News Years Eve was fun, even got my first New Years kiss. Yes, I am 27 and never got one for New Years before. Lots of time spent hanging out at the house watching movies, and taking naps. Only down side was I caught his cold. I did get a massive ego boost too. Kinda nice to have someone call you sexy, beautiful and cute all weekend. We are now trying to figure out when we will be able to get together again. Neither of us have anything planned.

I lost a total of 4 pounds during this past challenge. Not great, but good enough for me. At least I lost something!

How is everyone?
Old 01-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, Squeak! We missed you sweetie!
I'm glad you had such a good time! I'm sure the cold was worth it, eh?
A New Year's kiss... hmmm... I've been married for 16 years, and I don't think I've EVER had one!
Hey, you lost weight!?!? Am I going to be in competition with YOU now, TOO!?!?
Congratulations, girl... keep it up!

I just got back from the Y. Well, the Y, and then breakfast out with DH, which sort of cancelled things out. It was a good time, though, and I'm glad to be getting back to the Y. (well, not really, but you all know what I mean)

Where is everyone? Where is our beautiful, redheaded leader?
Where are all of our new members?
Get in here and tell us how your day is going, girls!
Old 01-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #3  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I'm here ellis!

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve!

Sure sounds like you did Squeaker

I am off work today and went shopping with my mum and dad this morning. I have been spending the afternoon organizing financial stuff and tossing the rest of the junk food out of my house

I bought a new kitchen scale and I am going back to weight watcher's tonight. It is as you said ellis, it feels good to start getting back into your routines
Old 01-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #4  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hi all,

I've been away from the internet for a few days, and had a lovely time being so, as it meant I was not working! As for New Years, a town nearby, Northampton, has a really neat First Night program full of storytellers, comics and musicians, so we caught 6 performances in 8 hours for a pittance. Had dinner at the local all-organic vegetarian/fish place, and I felt good asking for and receiving no potatoes and double asparagus, woo hoo! I think I've gotten New Year's Kisses from the DH pretty much from the start, but we're pretty smoochy overall anyway.

Glad to hear you all are well, and I'll weigh in tomorrow when I want to goof off from work a little more!
Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 01-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all,

Back from Tennessee and back at work today. What a BUNCH of stuff I have to catch up on. Had a LOVELY day yesterday with the "Guy". He met me at the gym at 8:30 and then spent the rest of the day with me until he had to go into work. Then spent half the night on the phone with him. Got to quit doing that - I was too tired to get up and hit the gym this AM.

The ex hub bought DS a weight bench for Christmas - I am more excited than DS is. Now I can work out at the house on snowy mornings instead of sliding to Ballys. I guess the ex is not a total complete utter waste.

Tiki.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Ellis - I am glad you enjoyed both the Y and breakfast. And no competition for me. Not my thing.

Mauvais - I hope you had a wonderful day off of work.

Solarmama - Your New Years Eve sounds like fun!

Tiki - I am glad things are going well with the "Guy"

Den - How is your hand doing?

I think my weekend was well worth the cold.

My tree is now down. Everything is put away. Kinda bummed since I enjoyed decorating. Next on my plan is to start pulling out all of my half finished projects, and start to tackle them.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:41 AM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Squeak - Sounds like a faboo New year's. Where about's in Ohio? I'm from Cincy.

Tiki - How jealous am I that you are dating a workout partner. I had to drag mine kicking a screaming to the gym and he wouldn't use the treadmill next to mine because he didn't want me to see how quickly he gave up on cardio (BTW, he was showered, dressed and leaving for work when I got off the treadmill).

Ellis - I wish you were at MY Y!

NYE was a lot of fun. The Cute Boyfriend and I went to a contra (which is a type of social folk dance) and danced until midnight, then skipped onto another party. We stayed out super late then I POACHED eggs for breakfast and made eggs florentine. Hello! I poached eggs! I am soooo cool.

The very very very very sad news is that I am at my highest weight in 5 years. I found that out last night when I stepped on the scale. I'm disappointed but most of all I'm overwhelmed. It's like I never ever struggled or exercised. I don't wonder if I wouldn't be the same weight if i sat on m butt and ate Hoho's all day. Darn it!

Anyway, i went to the gym today and ate entirely OP. It's a good start.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #8  
Gotta move my Thang!

Jessica - keep in mind that if you were weighing at night, you were also weighing all the food you ate that day, water you drank, etc. You may be becoming more 'solid' with your workouts at the gym (sissy workout partner notwithstanding) and be more muscle than you used to be. And even if you are near your highest weight, how do you feel? Do you feel run down and lethargic? Or energetic and upbeat? Or just blah? All those things are to be considered, IMHO, before you start to beat yourself up. We all have had our ups after working so hard to get down, (at least I know I have!) and the only thing for it is to get back on track. Sounds like you're already off to a very good start. We're all here to be a positive force for good, so come get a dose of cheerleading anytime!

And I'm finding that cheerleading for everyone helps me stay on track, too, so thanks for the opportunity.

It's finally snowing here, with about a half dozen inches predicted by tomorrow. Woo hoo, I can finally try out the sleds I got for my birthday! We have a road that gets closed for the winter up behind our house which then gets nicely packed down by the local snowmobilers club. So, if you can stand the 1/2 mile hike to the top of the hill, you can then sled back down the road at 35 miles an hour for about 5 full minutes! That's faster than my half-greyhound dog can run after you. It's the most thrilling thing I've ever done. Hurry up and SNOW, darnit!

Ciao,
SolarM

Last edited by solarmama; 01-05-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:48 PM   #9  
Gotta move my Thang!

BTW Jess - I just realized that in two separate threads I'm cheerleading at you. It's probably annoying by now, so my apologies. I've been told that I'm overly cheerful, and I'll try to rein that in.

Ciao!
SM
Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #10  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

HI!! I'm getting in to a better mood now!! My sis and nephew came to visit late last week, and it was GREAT to see them! He is starting to put sentences together, and is generally running my sister ragged! We went to Rainforest Cafe and he kept on asking me to take him to see the "elephance" and the "crocode" which was, of course, something I couldn't say no to!!

Squeak-My hand is doing GREAT, thanks! I'm still rebuilding strength and flexibility, but all of the tingling and deadness is gone! I can't wait to get the next one done!! It sounds like you have been having a great time with the boy, and I am glad to hear it. You deserve some fun time!!

Ellis-DH fell asleep around 10 new year's eve. He woke up at about 3 am, came downstairs to take his pills, kissed me and we toasted the new year with water.....WOO HOO!! WHAT EXCITEMENT!! I've had another rough sleeping stretch, as you can see by me being awake at 3 AM, but I seem to be coming around again. Glad to hear you had some fun with hubby!!

Mauvais-Good for you for dumping all the leftover goodies. We are still accumulating MORE!! DH and I went to an Italian bakery where he tested a cannoli, decided they were "acceptable" and bought 6 more for later!! (He did share with the kids, but YEESH!!) They did eat them all that day ("They are no good unless they are fresh."), so at least they aren't still around. I did have half of one, but didn't do TOO bad!!

Tiki-Glad to hear that things are working out so well with the cute guy!! It is GREAT that you can work out with him.

Jessica-Solar is right. Don't beat yourself up. All the work you have done means that you are stronger and more resilient. I need to join you, because I'm in about the same boat except that I haven't even been exercicing, so it is back to square one for me!!

Solar-Your new year celebration sounds GREAT! We are getting snow here now too. The kids are hoping school will be out tomorrow. I have a feeling they will be open and just be a PAIN to get to!! DS17 is in the middle of practices for the Pop Concert, and has already informed me that if school is cancelled tomorrow he will have a make up rehearsal on Friday.

I am FREAKING OUT!!! DS17 will be DS18 before the end of the month!!! He is doing college apps and I feel OLD!!!
Old 01-05-2005, 11:54 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Solar - No, I appreciate the cheerleading. Really, it makes me not head straight for all the oreos. bah! I need motivation! Unfortuately, i can tell I'm at my highest weight. My face is chubby. Aches and pains that I never had before are surfacing and I feel like poop. But I'm at least headed in the right direction.

Den - Hey! I'm so at square one! Come on in! The water's fine.

Today I saw two tall thin girls in the checkout line and they were soooo buying crap. Frozen meals and.... and... processed foods. How is that even fair!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #12  
Gotta move my Thang!

Hey all - Hope you're well.

Jess - when I see the tall thin girls at the checkout, I always stop and try to figure out if they are tall, thin, TEEN girls. If so, then I quietly say to myself, "Heh heh, soon you'll know what pain feels like!" No, I don't stalk and torture them, I just know that eventually, if they keep eating like that, they will be having the same kind of problems that I struggle with every day. It's when I see the tall, thin 50-somethings buying salad that I really feel threatened: they obviously USED to have problems with eating, and have beaten them. How can I compete with that? Oy.

But, having had two days of no exercise and no weight loss, I see what my recipe for success will be. Luckily, it's also the thing that will make my body stop being so cranky going forward. Now, if only I could be consistent about exercising! Aw,

And this weekend, I can sled! We got enough snow, and I think that it won't melt before tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to lose 10 bucks at a friends first monthly Texas Hold'em game. Looks like it might be a monthly thing, at least until I get a little better at the game! Wish me luck!

Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 01-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Remember, some people are just naturally heavy or slim. I was only skinny when I STARVED myself, and even at 94 pounds I had a round little tummy. My MIL is thin no matter WHAT she eats!!! Started getting a bit of a tummy, exercised, and it went away. (DH is the same...it makes me SICK!!)
Old 01-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #14  
Wanttolossalot

Hi y'all
Sorry I have been away so long. Fed up with myself!! Need to do something. I was doing so well and then I just let myself go again. Missed you gals! Chat soon!
Virginia
Old 01-07-2005, 09:36 PM   #15  
Wanttolossalot

WHy is my meter not showing up?
Closed Thread