Support Groups - Newbie Valentine's challenge?? Interested?

Sarah_lee
01-02-2005, 09:21 PM
I figure... since we're all new and need encouragement maybe we could start a little mini challenge until valentine's day. We could all set mini goals for ourselves and try to meet them by Feb 14. We could all email each other or start a post everyday to see how we're doing... I would definately like to get to know people so anyone interested should reply or email me or send me a private message.

Also, here's a quote for anyone who feels they've messed up their diet!

" The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from under me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, it was a slip and not a fall."

Ashlie
01-02-2005, 10:33 PM
I am trying to loose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day. It is a good Challenge

EveryWoman
01-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm in! I think this is a great idea!!! I'd like to lose 15 pounds by Valentine's Day! Heck, I'd be happy just to be out of the 200+ pound range. ;)

Final Goal Weight: 135 lbs

patricepeop
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
I'm new too! I think the idea of a mini goal is great. I would like to lose 12 lbs by Valentine's Day! :goodluck:

Amity
01-03-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm in too! I'd like to lose 10 pounds by valentines day as well.

sakk
01-03-2005, 12:38 AM
My first mini-goal is being brave enough to attend my first WW meeting this week!!! I'm nervous:) I need an "official" weigh-in so I know where I'm at. I'm just not sure how accurate my scale is at home.

My second mini-goal for Valentine's Day will be 8 lbs. lost. I'm not going to shoot for the moon, as I don't want to be disappointed:)

My third mini-goal is to start learning more about healthy foods, and put it to work grocery shopping!!

Amity
01-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Have fun at your first meeting next week, just remember everyone there is there for the same reason you are and understand the challenges facing you :) I'm sure you'll meet some great people, learn alot and basically just have a great time.

Hockeychic
01-03-2005, 08:52 AM
My mini goal is actually 180 by my 39th birthday which is Feb 25th but I will try and hit it for the Valentines day Challenge.

Good Luck to everyone.

Amity
01-03-2005, 04:27 PM
woohoo just had my first weigh in since starting 1 week ago - 2 pounds gone. Its a start now I just have to keep going!

Shalynn
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Congrats Amity! Count me in Ladies! I'd like to lose 15-20 lb by Valentine's.. So far, so good.. I haven't cheated, besides, I'd only be lying to myself.. hehe.

Good to luck to all!

ItsGotToGo
01-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Sure, Im in! 10 pounds by Valentines Day (at least!)

Clarissa
01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Hi, everyone! I'll join and aim for 9-12 lbs. by Feb. 14. This is a good idea.

Clarissa

judydc
01-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Okay, I'll bite...by Valentine's Day, I will have lost 10 pounds, by diligently keeping up with my food log, doing some sort of workout five days a week, and meditating in the morning. Oh, and by fancying up my posts--you gals are really stylin' here with the graphics!

Checking our thread every day will work for me, or emailing, either way. Thanks for kicking this off, Sarah lee.

Judy

Today's weight: 248.5
2005 goal: 191 by December 31 (so I can wear my little black dress on New Year's Eve)
Ultimate goal:155 by December 2007

Sarah_lee
01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm glad some other people want to do this with me. I desperately need some motivation. I feel like my weight has hindered every decision of my life. I want this to be the year that I actually make some changes... I want to meet my goals and not fail, again! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to getting to know some people!

Ameya
01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Hi all! This sounds like a great idea! count me in!! :D. 10 pounds by Valentines day. Will do! :D

AnotherMe
01-04-2005, 12:48 AM
I'm in! I want to lose 8 pounds by V-Day!

Hockeychic
01-04-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey how is everyone doing???

Today is first day back to work so it will stop me from nibbling. I am considering joining a gym for 3 months to give me a kick start. I am also keeping track of my measurements to gage those loses also as I am sure to build some muscle and don't want to get discouraged if the scales don't move one week but I lose a inch or two.

Well you all have a great day!!! :coffee:

Amity
01-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Hey Guys,

Today not such a good one, had an extra 3 kids and 2 adults to visit and by the time they left 4 hours later I was so stressed I dived into the chocolate full on :o Nevertheless I'm proud of myself because I still did some exercise and toned down what I was eating for the rest of the day and didn't end up having a total blow out. Look at that some habits of old have already changed. Last time I tried this I would have said well that stuffs my week up and eaten like I hadn't eaten in months for the rest of the week. Anyway I'm feeling reasonably good atm even if my diet today wasn't picture perfect - damn left over chrissie choccies hiding in the back of the pantry. How did everyone else go?

Take care
Annette

PS funny seeing your early morning post (I think?) -it's 12:30 am here :dizzy:

gagliano615
01-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I would love to join in your V-day challenge. I am pretty new to the 3FC site, so I am not sure how to put in the slide ruler you all have ... but my starting weight is 195. Any help anyone wants to offer will be greatly appreciated. :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar097/slider-cheer/lb/195/160/195/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

gagliano615
01-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I would love to join in your V-day challenge. I am pretty new to the 3FC site, so I am not sure how to put in the slide ruler you all have ... but my starting weight is 195. Any help anyone wants to offer will be greatly appreciated. :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar097/slider-cheer/lb/195/160/195/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

I figured it out and edited it in. Figured I should post that so you all wouldn't think I was nuts. :)

Pook74
01-04-2005, 10:28 AM
I'll join the challenge!

I'll aim to lose 7 pounds by Valentine's Day.

sakk
01-04-2005, 11:03 AM
I did pretty good yesterday... My dog even took me for a 40-minute walk!! I say it that way, as I have a big Alaskan Husky who is born to run over ice & snow ... and we had plenty of ice out on the roads & sidewalks yesterday for her to drag me over!! LOL! I stayed pretty much OP yesterday. Caught myself snitching a bit this morning, so I put a stop to that!!

shellbelle73
01-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I will join the V-Day Challenge. My goal is to loose 10 pounds. This will really keep me motivated.

Clarissa
01-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I didn't get my exercise in yesterday, so I'll call it an official rest day! My food was ok, if I overlook the chocolate after dinner...sigh. I'm definitely going to lose 1.5-2 lbs. a week by Valentines Day, and I'll just keep saying that to myself. Good luck to everyone today.

gagliano615
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I pledge 10 lbs by V-Day.

dcwahine
01-04-2005, 03:25 PM
oh what the heck - 10 lbs by valentines day. huh. i suppose i could do that. unfortunately i believe this means my legs will hate me even more than they actually do. on the other hand if i do lose it, my teammates will love me more? okay, i'll go with that as motivation - plus all of you trying to hold to the same goal.

tourtney
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm in! I'm aiming to lose 6 lbs by Jan. 22nd. I know it may not make a huge difference - but I'm a first time aunt and Godmother and the baptism is the 22nd. I want to look somewhat decent in all of the pictures that will be taken and 6 lbs is better than nothing. If I can make it another 6 by Valentine's, that's 12 lbs for me... Oh man, that'd be awesome!

I'm also a newbie, so anyone looking for a buddy can send me a message!! :cb:

Christalynn
01-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey there,
I'm up for a good callennge. Count me in for a 10 lb loss for Valentine's Day.

one motivated chick
01-04-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm in!!! I'm aiming to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day...

judydc
01-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Hope everyone had a good day. I've done pretty well, so far, totally on message, as we say here in Washington. Now that the holidays are over (and everybody at work is on a health kick), my real challenge is sticking with the program in the evenings. I've started reading Geneen Roth's Feeding the Hungry Heart, and I'm trying to teach myself knitting (I can cast on!) to distract me during that critical 9-10:30 p.m. lull.

Sarah Lee (is it true what they say, that nobody doesn't like you?), let us know if you'll be starting another thread or moving this thread to another forum. I want to keep up with all the action.

We can do this!

Judy

bodyshakers
01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
Oh I'm definitely in, as I have always found challenges to be a great motivator. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Valentines Day. I'm at 226 right now so if I can get down to 216 by then, I would definitely be happy.

Vonarie
01-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I would like to lose 10-15 by V-day...I would like to in about 3 weeks since I am going to Las Vegas, but that isn't very realistic so I'll count on Valentine's Day.

chocy963
01-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Alright - count me in, but I have to be realistic. I am looking at the calendar and Valentine's Day is only 4 and a half weeks away, so I will only set a 5 lb goal. That will put me at 164 on V-day. If I try to be too optomistic and say I will get to 160 by then I may be setting myself up for disappointment - which I do not need!

Nice to meet you all!

Sandy

Ottoette
01-05-2005, 02:25 PM
I pm'd Sarah Lee last week and signed up for 10 lbs by V-day. 40 days to go! Almost 6 weeks left.
Weigh in is tomorrow for me. I should see something, although I haven't be picture perfect, I certainly have been eating a lot better than I did the rest of December!
11 am hunger is a toughie and after the baby goes to bed I start roaming the house looking for stray chocolate! Luckily I only found 2 of the mini-dove pieces (about like a Kiss) last night.
Glad to see you all!
Kim

Ashlie
01-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Hello everyone. Yes this was a good idea. I have had a bad week but refuse to let it affect my diet. although I didn't eat for 1 1/2 days because of a bad issue. but I am back on track and have lost 10lbs since I started my diet on the 26th. I am now 5 lbs from my V-Day goal. I took today off from exercising, My legs were killing me when I got home from work last night. All I did was walk around at fast paces here and there and ended up walking 13 miles (22000 steps) before I walk out of the building. Good luck to all .

Ottoette. I have that issue at 11a, to I see to find myself hungry.. here is an idea if you like.

I am doing a lowcarb/low calorie/lowfat diet... but I call it Lowcarb slimfast diet. and so far it has been working so far.

I have a low carb Meal shake or Meal Bar for breakfast and then at 11am I have a low carb slimfast snack bar and then I either eat a regular meal for lunch or have a low carb Meal shake or Meal Bar the I am good until supper which I have the opposite regular meal for lunch or have a low carb Meal shake or Meal Bar. I try to get some veggies in between lunch and supper to.. celery and peanut butter is a good one.

but the low carb slimfast snack bars take the edge off until lunch which I normally eat around 1pm

I also have been trying to drink 80oz of water.. which is hard since I don't like water so I have been doing Crystal Light Ice Tea but when I make it have have been watering it down alot so there is just a taste of ice tea.

/hugs
Glad to see you all.
Stephanie

judydc
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey, y'all--

Apparently not everyone at my job is on a health kick. A bag of Ms. Fields cookies has been sitting a few yards away since around 1 o'clock. The co-worker who brought them in is about as wide around as my upper arm. She's a little perturbed that I haven't made my usual beeline in their direction. I had a lovely peach smoothie for breakfast, an orange for a morning snack, a cup of chicken soup and a salad (w/tuna) for lunch, and a protein bar for a late-afternoon snack. And lots of herbal tea to distract me from the cookies.

Tomorrow AM I go in for my weigh-in with the bariatric doctor. I hope that her scale will show that I've lost a few pounds since Christmas, although I feel a little 'heavy' today, and haven't been working out the way I should. She'll be glad to hear that I'm getting support on this forum.

tourtney--I love that dancing banana! Or are those squats?

Onward!

MrsNuce
01-05-2005, 06:58 PM
Sounds great !! A mini challenge to get the ball rolling !! I'm in ! :cheer:

Anmyreah
01-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Congrats Amity on your loss, keep going. Good luck Sandi K. on your first meeting. I bet there are alot of 1st timers out there who are scared of that first day. I know I was. I got up the nerve to go and than they didn't have enough for an organizational meeting so it folded. I went to another town and lost 7 lbs in 10 weeks but I quit. I hate night driving and I had to work so I would miss the first 15 min of a 30 min. meeting. Sure wish they would get enough to have it in my town again. I know we were only a few short. Does anyone know the reasoning behind why they can't hold meetings with just 10 or 11 people? I'm hoping for a 5 lb loss. 1 lb per week. That would be great for me.
Anmyreah

Starting :goodscale is 187 by Valentines 182
Good luck all :cheer:

judydc
01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Just a quick note to wish my fellow Valentines good luck.

It's official--I managed to lose five pounds since 12/23. I was cheating now and again the week between Xmas and New Year's, 'cuz I was at the Mother's, without many options for moving around and with lots of opportunities to munch. So I guess the lesson is not to throw in the towel just because I haven't been perfect.

Amity
01-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Thats great, congratulations on your loss

jbugs
01-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone! Count me in too! I'm very new and just joined today! This sounds like a great challange. I'm in for 10-15 lbs. Motivation...a vacation to Florida Feb 25th..yikes..bikini!!! :lol:

Anmyreah
01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
:bravo: Judy
It sure is a good feeling to see that scale go down. Keep up the good work, I sure hope I see that happen next week.
Anmyreah :wave: Bye for now and good luck everyone on the challenge

going4it
01-07-2005, 01:56 AM
I am new at this infact this is my first post here and I am so competitive I would love to do the challenge with everyone

judydc
01-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi, jbugs! Welcome, going4it! Might I ask what it is exactly that you are going for?

Thanks, Ammyreah! My little ticker/slide rule thingee is a pound or two high. I generally step on the scale every AM, but I know that all kinds of things affect the number from day to day or even hour to hour, so I'm trying to let the scale motivate me but not impact my mood too much.

I would love to hear more about this group's experiences with meetings. I am hoping to get positive reinforcement/accountability from this forum and from my doctor, but attending meetings are helpful to lots of people. Overeaters Anon isn't for me, and right now I'm not going to count WW points or whatever (although that could change, when I hit the inevitable plateau). I've been interested in finding a Solution group, because they deal with emotional eating. Whatever you ladies can share with me will be helpful.

Happy Friday! judy

Clarissa
01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I'm still planning on losing 9-12 lbs. by Valentine's Day. Problem is, I seem to forget that in the evening, eating after dinner. It's not been a good week for food. I'm doing my walking, will swim and do some strength training this weekend.

Happy Friday and happy workouts to everyone.

angelcookie
01-07-2005, 08:29 PM
I am new as well and would love to rise to the challenge i want to lose 8 more pounds by valentines day ;) to hit 170 pounds

Christalynn
01-08-2005, 11:46 AM
How is everyone doing on the challenge? I didn't have electricity Wednesday and part of Thursday so I wasn't ver active and I ate alot. I am now on track and ready for my weigh in on Monday morning.

chocy963
01-08-2005, 12:35 PM
WTG ignoring those cookies! That is hard to do. I have managed to take off one more pound, despite the fact that I did not do so well avoiding pizza or cookies. It has also been raining everyday, so I haven't gotten in my walks. I do daycare and the kids were all out of school this week. Next week they go back, so I hope to get back into a routine!

Clarissa
01-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I didn't eat after dinner. I'm all set to fit in some exercise today.

Christina, I noticed your signature says 1st goal 10%. I've heard of measuring like that. I like the idea. 10% for me is 153. I won't be there by the end of the challenge, but hopefully I'll be within 5 lbs. Thanks for the idea, it makes this weight loss thing a little more manageable--I'll just keep losing 10% til I'm there!

Well, fellow chicks, hope your Saturday goes great!

05andOUT
01-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Sounds like a great idea!

10 more pounds by valentine's day sounds good here!

Good Luck! :D

judydc
01-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi, fellow losers! Just a quick note before running out the store. I'm going to a potluck this evening, with a small group of people (who I mostly don't know). So I'm planning to whip up some sort of veggie dish to take, and will eat a protein bar just before I head out (and maybe slip a few almonds in my purse). Last month a few of us had a potluck at work, and four out of six people brought some form of noodles or pasta. I hope that I can manage to be polite and sample a bit everything tonight...except dessert. If I can get through the meal in good form, I'll bypass dessert and have a glass of wine.

Wish me luck!

Clarissa
01-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Pasta is my downfall, and someone always bring the perfect lasagne. Sigh. So I feel for you.

You can do it!!

Dixiesmama
01-08-2005, 08:59 PM
I would like to join the challenge. I am going to be realistic and set a goal of 8 lbs by Valentines Day. That is 2 lbs a week. I think I can do that. :)

Christalynn
01-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Clarissa-I know if I make bigger goals I may get discouraged along the way and give up..10% at a time for me is the only way to keep me on track..oh, and the befoer picture stuck on my fridge :^:
have a good day :sunny:

MrsNuce
01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Looks like everyone is getting on board with this ! Very exciting !! I am following weight watchers with a bit of a twist... I bought a juicer and am doing some veggie juices with that as well as snacking on the cabbage soup from the cabbage soup diet since I love the taste and it counts as a 0 point WW food... so far so good.. just need to get all my water in and am having a hard time doing that when it is so cold outside.. anyone have any ideas ??

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar009/slider-scale/lb/190/110/188.4/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

The difficult I accomplish right now;
the impossible takes a little longer.

angelcookie
01-09-2005, 02:22 PM
just an update on the challenge i have 5 more pounds to go before i hit my valentines day goal

DentalGem
01-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I Hope that there really is strength in numbers, and I hope that i'm not to late to join up. I am new to these sites but i do hope to become more involved. I am a very busy mom who could never really fight off that "baby fat". I started fighting for a new me last tuesday and doing well so far but I feel that i may need all the help i can get. My mimi goal for this challange (I really am excited) will be 10 pounds (with more to follow). Good luckall. I know I will need it.

Clarissa
01-10-2005, 12:16 AM
no exercise. Well I planned to, but didn't, so that's what I'll call it! Food's gone pretty good. I weigh myself tomorrow and take my measurements. I'm not looking forward to this!!

Lynchtg--everyone is joining up at different times--welcome! Our mini-goals are pretty close--I'm aiming for 9-12 lbs. Good luck to us!

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Anmyreah
01-10-2005, 12:52 AM
:flow1: Welcome everyone that just joined. I have had a very good weekend. Went out to eat with a friend Sat. Chose oriental food. I really like lomein and I know it is high in WW points but it was shrimp and shrimp is low in points. I left the rice and the eggroll, because I was really full after the egg drop soup and the lomein. Today I ate out with my sister and we hit a brunch buffet and what a buffet. It had everything from caramel rolls to beautiful looking breads and pastas, lots of differnent meats, fruits, potatoes, veggies,& desserts. I managed to stay with a salad, hard roll, just a pinch of hash browns and eggs, small piece of chicken, steamed veggies and I quit before I had that stuffed feeling and I felt great all day. My sister had the dessert and it looked good but I was just comfortable so I was glad I didn't break down and go get one. Has anyone tried the skinny cow? It's like an ice cream sandwich but it is low fat around 2 points I think for WW. I really enjoy them so I rewarded myself one of them tonight. Good luck everyone with the weigh in tomorrow.Maybe we can all do a happy :cb:
Anmyreah.

Pook74
01-10-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm down 1.5 lbs this week so a pretty good start!

Tonight I am going to exercise, 40 minutes if I can on our cross trainer.

Wish me luck!

Shalynn
01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Sounds like everyone's on track! Last week was horrible.. had 2 birthday party's at Chuck E Cheese's :( ... And didn't exercise much do to it being so cold.. The great news about my challenge is I didn't gain anything from all that pizza & cake.. We'll see what happens this week!

Good luck everyone!

ccalvin
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
I will except the challange too!!! I would like to lose 10 lbs by Valentines Day! I just started WW last Monday and go for my weigh in tonight! They said 2-3 lbs per week is ideal. So I am going for it!!! Good luck to everyone!!! If you want to email me my email address is momswinbiz@earthlink.net Or we can post on here!!!
Have a GREAT day!!!
Connie

Amity
01-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm down another 2 pounds this week and feeling great.

Good luck to everyone else with their weigh in.

Congratulations to those who have lost/maintained.

snoopychick26
01-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I would love to join this challenge!! I have a formal that I need to attend at the end of February, and would love to be able to fit into a size 16 or less dress. Right now I am a size 18 or so, but can fit into stretchy jeans size 16. So if I got down to a 16, that would be good for 2 months of effort.

I also have a new BF, and while I have not mentioned anything regarding Valentine's day, it would be nice to be looking a bit better by then. Heck, he might think my better look would be an added Valentine's treat!! Yum!!

My goals will be to attend the gym at least 4x per week and to lose 20 pounds. I can do it if I focus.

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. :cb:

judydc
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay, so I am 2 pounds down since accepting Sarah Lee's challenge, 'only' eight pounds to go over the next month or so. I can do it, if I can manage all the lunch meetings, birthday parties and work-related receptions on my calendar between now and 2/14.

Saturday's pot-luck was a bit weird. The hostess blithely said, "Bring whatever," so we had an overabundance of beer, wine and desserts. My green bean dish was the only thing there that wasn't alcoholic, sweet or fat--or like the German rum balls, all of the above! So I fell back on the reasonableness rule, ate lots of green beans, some chicken wings, and a very modest helping of dessert.

A friend got me to sign up for twice-weekly low-impact dance aerobics classes with her, starting later next month. I enjoy aerobic videos, but can't do them in my current apartment. I can hear my upstairs neighbors just walking around, I'm sure that I would sound like I'm coming through the floor. A class would be a new experience. I'm kinda nervous, but it's geared toward big women, so I have high hopes. Plus, it's in the early evening, which would motivate me to get to work earlier and get away from my desk at a reasonable time.

Connie and Clarissa--good luck with the weigh-in. Hope it's not as dramatic as the ones on "the Biggest Loser," ay-yi-yiii!

Congrats, Pook, Amity, Angel and everyone who can post a pound or two down. Shalynn, no worries! I'm happy when I can show changed behavior, if not always changes on the scale. If you didn't lose any ground in a tough situation, that's worth a big pat on the back ;) . Anmyreah--you are a brave woman. I will do my level best to avoid buffets forever. I was raised to believe that it's somehow immoral not to have seconds and thirds at a buffet, just on GP, and that it's a waste of money to not take advantage of all that you can eat.

Okay, back to self-indoctrination. I'm home today, trying to keep some bug from taking over my body, and reading, reading, reading about weight loss and healthy living. Maybe I'll change my signature, to show all my goals: 191 by the end of this year, maintaining at 165 (or better) by 12/07.

Good luck to you all :goodscale

judy

Anmyreah
01-10-2005, 05:15 PM
:D I am down 6 lbs as of this morning. I know alot of it is probably water but I have been trying to drink water and green tea also. Now I just need to keep going and not gain any back. I got a work out today. I scraped all the snow off my house and garage roof today. I may be sorry tomorrow but I felt good getting out there and getting motivated to do it. I think with ea. 10 lb loss I would like to treat myself to something special. By the time you are in your 50's I think a massage or manacure is not to much to ask. Will have to think on that one. I also just bought one of those exercise balls anyone have one. Not sure I will like it but thought I would try it.
Anmyreah

:df: one firefly for ea 5 lbs.

littledove67
01-10-2005, 05:23 PM
This is a great idea. My long-term goal seems so far out of reach :( I would like to lose 10 lbs. by Valentine's Day! Count me in!!!! :lol:

Amity
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi littledove - welcome aboard :D

Anmyreah - I think we should absolutely reward ourselves for each 10 pound lost. I am a cabbage patch kid freak and already have one on layby as a reward for my first 10 pounds when I reach it :o geez talk about optimistic huh but I couldn't resist him, I'm just a big kid at heart lol oh and I think a massage and a manicure at the 50 mark is a great reward too.

Have a great day everyone
Amity

one motivated chick
01-11-2005, 12:30 AM
Hey Everyone,

Ok, here's my progress since accepting the challenge- down 4 lbs this week!!!YAY!!:)

I have been drinking water like mad, cut out soda completely, and began a new exercise program. I did the elliptical machine for 20 min/3x a week...my goal for this week is to up it to 30 minutes a session. I also began strength training exercise, to begin to tone up.Abs are killing me.

Anmyreah, I just got one of those exerciose balls too...it's great.If you do your crunches on it, they are much more intense and focused, because you have to work to keep balanced.

Good job and keep going everyone!!
-Robin

shellbelle73
01-11-2005, 12:55 AM
I am so so excited! :dancer: I started last Monday and I have already lost 4 pounds. I think I am going to surpass my Valentine's Day goal of loosing 10 lbs. Now if only I can get more motivated to exercise more than 2x week.

chica8
01-11-2005, 01:01 AM
Hi,
I would love to join the challenge!! My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day....I am not sure of my actual weight but I will find out on Tuesday!

Amity
01-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Congratulations on your losses this week Robin and Michelle.

Welcome Chica

ErMac22
01-11-2005, 01:41 AM
Hi All-

I've been lurking around 3FC for a while now and decided to finally join in! All of your enthusiasm and positive messages has made me want to jump on the V-Day challenge bandwagon. I'll be 22 on Feb. 8th and would like to add to my (so far) 23 pound loss, so this will be an awesome motivator/birthday present. :) Keep up your good work!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/0/10/0/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

stacey j
01-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Wow just registered tonight and already makin goals. i hope im not gettin ahead of myself. im would like to go along w/ sakk and just say a few pounds, but i guess 10 is a good number and more of a challenge. i dont wanna be disappointed, but i will rejoice at 8 even!
sw & cw 185
vdw 175
mid monthly goal 10lb less!
(march 15 165, april 15 155)

wish me luck, cause i know itll be much harder this time than last!!

Goddessof3s
01-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I have a weigh-in on Sunday for the National Body Challenge 2005, although I'm really doing South Beach (can't hurt to learn more, right?).
I will shoot for losing 10 by Valentine's Day! :wave:

heatherb
01-11-2005, 02:54 PM
I'm in too!
I already had a mini goal myself of loosing 10 lbs by Valentines day! I'm 5 away!!!!
Great idea!

skellis
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
:) Hi guys, I've found this site to be of great use. Cheap too!
http://www.edietsuk.co.uk/ it has professional advice, helpf staff. Keeps you motivated and offers support in an anonymous setting.

x

knsj
01-11-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi everyone! I would love to join this challenge. I have already made a tracker with my goal.

judydc
01-11-2005, 08:11 PM
Wow, this pretty exciting, all these new 'faces' in on the challenge! And congrats to everyone who's lost a few lbs so far, especially you, anmyreah :high:

Well, I've already slipped today, nothing huge, but it won't help me meet my goal. I hoped to have a lunch meeting at this place with great salads, but we ended up at an Asian noodle joint instead, and neither pasta nor rice are on my plan. I had a very yummy curried chicken and spinach dish, ate some but not all of the noodles...and the dessert. So I'm headed out to have an extra long-walk home, and will have salad for dinner (and no fruit for dessert) :no:

See ya tomorrow--judy

chica8
01-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Hi All,

Hi Amity thanks for the welcome! I joined WW today and I have already made changes to my eating habits. I learned that my actual weight is 188.4 (which is a bit less than I thought), my goal for V-Day is still to lose 10 pounds.

~*FleurDeLyes*~
01-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Great idea!

Is it too late to join? I would love to lose 8 pounds by Valentines Day.

WooHoo!

Fleur

Amity
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
Hey all,

Judy - It doesn't sound like a big slip, I'm sure your already back on track. You slipped but didn't fall which is great :D

Chica - Thats great that you weigh was less than you thought :D Good luck with the goal, I'm sure we can all get there :)

fleur - never to late to join in, welcome aboard :)

judydc
01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Thank God it's nearly the end of Wednesday! It's been a frantic week, I'm already looking forward to the weekend.

I'm back on track, I think, thanks, Amity. I was mostly mad at myself for not trying very hard to accomodate my plan, when presented with a restaurant menu full of enticing choices.

I've figured out that my '20-minute' walk is closer to 15 minutes now :kickcan: , so I've started walking to the Metro by a slightly longer route, which is also nicer if the weather's not cold. We have an unseasonably warm spell, so I'm going to take advantage of it!

Fleur, that's a great avatar! There must be a story behind that one!

Good luck, and no nibbling tonight! :nono:

judy

lisagsxr600
01-12-2005, 08:54 PM
I had already set a goal for myself using Valentine's day as one of the mileposts!

I am aiming for 10 pounds in the period covering New Year's to Valentine's day, with the added incentive that there's a chance I might go to Florida for a business related trip the weekend of February 12-13.

I am good about exercising daily but need to work at cutting back my portion sizes.

Lisa

chixyb
01-12-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm in! I'm a little late, but I have a month to lose! My mini V-Day goal will be to lose 12 lbs. I will create a tracker for it as well so everyone can see how I am doing!

Anmyreah
01-13-2005, 02:07 AM
:flow2: Amity: I bet you are going to get that cabbage patch kid very soon. You can do it. How many do you have? I've decided I'm getting a manicure. Good luck!
Judy: glad to hear you're back on track. Thanks for the congrats on my loss. I did have a slip tonight (that darn snacking). But tomorrow is a new day and back on track right? We can do this.
Lisa: great that you are an avid exerciser. I need to do more of that. I did take my little one out today after school and went sleding with him for 1 1/2 hrs. We had so much fun. He didn't want to go in.
Chixy, Knsi & Heather:Like Amity said never too late. Welcome +Good luck.
Chica: :cp: Way to go on the changing your eating habits. It's not an easy thing to do but you did it. And what a great surprise to have your weight turn out to be less than you thought. Alot of times that's not the case. :wave: for now and everyone have a great day tomorrow and the day after that and the day after that.............................................. ...............
P.S. easier for me to take a day at a time.
Anmyreah

liseyloo
01-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Sounds Great! Count me in! I'll aim for 15 pounds from today - lets see how it goes!

My Valentines challenge chart:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro6/slider-hearts/lb/269/254/269/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

My overall chart:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/slider-but2/lb/273/165/269/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

craftymom2005
01-13-2005, 02:21 PM
hi i am real new. i cant figure out how to post a message. what are threads. i am 52 and weight is 300. i am looking for an accountability buddy. i just started my diet on 1/10/2005. i fight the battle to eat. the evenings are the worse. i eat constantly frome 6:00 to midnight. if it's not nailed down i will eat it. i am also a christian and have fibromialgia,diebieties, along with other health issues. i am trying this method to post because i can't figure out how this wrks. how long does it take to find a buddy? i would like to take the valentines day challange. i don't want to set myself up to fail. that's what it already feels like. i just dont have any support and don't know how to start.HELP

judydc
01-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Don't despair! I come to this site for the reinforcement I get from the other 'voices' of people struggling with the same issues, even if I'm just reading and not posting. Like you, I have a long way to go. Coming here keeps me from feeling so alone in my struggle.

Valentine's Day is just a month away. Most of the folks on this thread (the Newbie's Valentine Challenge) have set ambitious weight loss goals, but you can set any kind of goal for the next month: checking the site every day, taking a ten-minute walk every morning, keeping a food diary, etc. A journey of a thousand steps (you know the rest!).

I can relate to the issue of nibbling at night :ink: I'm trying to teach myself to knit, which isn't going too well, but it's keeping my hands occupied. Also, I discovered a funny thing: if I sit in a different place in the evening, I'm less likely to think of food. So instead of parking my butt in my usual Archie Bunker chair, directly in front of the tube at night, I sit off to the side and read the paper, talk on the phone, or whatever. It's a little thing, but it's helping. For me, compulsive eating at night is about stress or unhappiness, so I'm also trying to meditate most days, and remember to other things that make me feel good--like music, bubble baths, and good friends.

Others can explain better than I can how to navigate this wonderful website. It's really intimidating at first. You might spend some time just looking around at the support groups, where you'll find others who are also coping with health issues, trying to lose over 100 pounds, etc.

I did pretty well with my eating today, although somehow a piece of candy jumped down my throat when I wasn't looking :rolleyes: The weather's supposed to take a turn for the worse tomorrow, so I've just slipped on my walking shoes and will try to get a 45-minute walk in tonight.

Keep losing, ladies!

judy

Ottoette
01-13-2005, 07:52 PM
I haven't been on site much this week, but I am hanging in there and saw a 4 lb loss this morning! Wooohooo!
Sorry I'm not keeping up with all of you but it's great to see so much interest in this challenge and so many newbies!
Where did you all get the V-day challenge ticker?
Kim

chica8
01-14-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Folks,

Thanks Amity & Anmyreah for the kind words, I really appreaciate them!!! My goal for this week was to start exercising but I haven't really been able to do much, hopefully this weekend I can get in a couple of hours of exercising.

Welcome craftymom!

Judy, I am also trying to learn to knit. I bought a book yesterday but I don't have the materials yet! Maybe I should take a class, it looks kind of difficult!

Have a good weekend!

Amity
01-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Hi all,

How is everyone going? I had a not so great day on thursday and seemed to eat myself out of house and home :o but I'm back on track now and going well again. I think with a bit of hard work I may just reach my goal for valentines day. I do need to do more exercise though. I'm planning on taking the kids swimming again tomorrow so hopefully I'll manage to get a few laps in too

knitting sounds like a great way to keep away the night time munchies, I keep a list by the computer of things that I can do if i get bored and start to head towards the fridge. It seems to work for me for the most part and as a bonus my house is becoming organised :lol:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend
Cheers
Amity

starrz
01-15-2005, 10:38 PM
I just registered tonight but I want to get on the bandwagon with the rest of you guys so I accept the Valentine Day ChallengeIt is 30 days until Valentine's Day from today so I am going to go with 7 lbs. If I can do that in one month I will be a happy camper. I am currently 227 so that will get me off to a good start. OK fellow fat chicks help get me motivated and I will try to do the same for you.

targetgirl
01-15-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi, I am also new to this site and I would like to do the Valentine's Day challenge. I would like to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day. I wish everyone luck.

abounding_joy
01-15-2005, 11:33 PM
I accept! I am new around here and need some motivation to keep me going! I would like to lose 10 lbs. by V-day. I want to buy a nice outfit and take my dh out on the town. Good Luck to everyone!
Sandra

Amity
01-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi All,

how is everyone going? I'm not doing too bad at the moment but I've still got 2 more days until my next weigh in and think I may just have to tie myself down to keep from jumping on the scales early. lol

Anmyreah - I have about a dozen cabbies now, some are from back in the eighties but I have 2 of the new playalong ones too. I can't wait too add to my collection. Its slow going because they are pretty pricey in this part of the world.

Hi and welcome to all of those who have just started the challenge, its a great group of people here and we all support each other.

Everyone is doing such a great job, I'm positive we can all reach our goals.

vsmitty
01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi I am new here but I am up for the challenge. My current weight is 250 and my goal for v day will be 10 lbs

CanadianTracie
01-16-2005, 06:13 PM
I am definitely in on the Valentines challenge. I was a little late starting on my New Year's resolution, but I have still managed to lose 13lbs since the beginning of the new year. My goal is to lose 17lbs, to put myself at an even 190lbs by Valentines.

Valentines Day Goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-steps2/slider-pig/lb/207/190/207/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

The Bigger Picture
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/sliderbug/lb/220/170/207/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

evbucket
01-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi! I'm a newbie and would like to join your little group! What a great idea to get the ball rolling on a new year!

Hugs,

hilta
01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm new and count me in too. Trying again hopefully this time will last.

Christi_rn
01-17-2005, 09:41 AM
I am a newbie here. I just started a diet at a local weight loss center. I began on 1/4/05 and have lost 18 pounds. I am hoping to lose another 17 by Valentines day.

cassandra_anne
01-17-2005, 02:23 PM
I would like to join this challenge as well. I started it a week ago on my own but it is nice to see I don't have to do it alone!

Starting weight: 166
Valentine's Challenge Goal = 156
Final Goal = 140

Also, nice to "meet" everyone. :)

Amity
01-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Hi All

Christi - Welcome to the challeng. Wow 18 pounds lost is a fantastic effort congratulations.

Cassandra_anne - Welcome to you too. You will get loads of support here, you never have to do it alone ;)

As for me well I am down a modest one pound this week, but still a 1 pound loss is better than nothing and I'm happy with it - 5 pounds in total - half way there :D

McCupcake
01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Ooo I like the sounds of this!!!! I definitly want to do this. :)

Soon2BFitChick
01-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi! This is such a cool place! I wanna join in your challenge. But since I don't use a scale, except for once every few months, I'll have to modify for it~ I wanna lose 1 inch! (on my chest, waist and hips). :D I have lost about 11 inches off each one so far. I wish you all Good Determination! (Luck isn't needed. ;) )

starrz
01-19-2005, 01:09 AM
Hello Fellow Valentines.
Well I haven't gotten off to a really good start :no: but at least each new day opens the door for possible success :cb: . I am really enjoying this website. You guys are all :encore: GREAT :encore: I never get out unless it's to a doctors office so I have lost contact with all my old friends and reading all the posts is beginning to help motivate me. If anyone needs to talk or just get a little encouragement please feel free to email me. I'm a very good listener :yes: and have come up with some acceptable advice :write: from time to time As I mentioned I am pretty much a homebody and so I check my email several times a day. Well I guess that's it for tonight. :wave:

CanadianTracie
01-19-2005, 08:50 AM
here is my mid week update

abounding_joy
01-23-2005, 10:23 PM
So far so good! I am on target to make my goal. I am so excited to get back to my weekly routine. I love the weekend but is hard when my family is all home. Will power is my demon. I am working on making good choices when we eat out.
See you next week,
Sandra

chica8
01-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Hello-
Well I have lost 4 pounds I still have 6 pounds to go toward my V-Day goal weight! My momentum has been going down in the last couple of days but I think this will change by the end of this week! My eating habits have been ok but I still struggle with the exercise. I am glad to see so many people checking in and take the challenge. Good Luck!

abounding_joy
01-29-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi!
This week has been a little tough because of AF issues. I just don't have the energy to workout at my regular pace and my appetite is ravenous! I still lost 1 pound! Next week will be better. I have 7 pounds to go!
Good luck to everyone!
Sandra

judydc
02-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I'm still checking the thread under "Buddy Up," story of my life ;)

Glad to see everyone pluggin' away. So am I, although I'll need to lose at four more pounds to meet my goal.

judy

mom2my3girls
02-02-2005, 01:06 AM
I am new as well. I would be happy to jump aboard the Valentine's challenge (It will be a great boost for me seeing how feb. 21st is my anniversary. My goal is 5 pounds by the 14th...and absolutley no soda, diet or otherwise. Wishing all of us well...

Ottoette
02-04-2005, 09:01 AM
I did it! I actually set a goal and followed through and met it! Even 10 days ahead of schedule. WooooHoooooo! Yippee! Thanks for all the support! :smug: :cheers:

Onmiway2005
02-04-2005, 11:57 AM
GREAT idea! My goal by the 14th is a 5# loss, but more importantly for me to stick with exercising 30 minutes a day and drinking at least 8 glasses of H2O a day (Java is much more favored for me). We will see what happens. ;)

Amity
02-04-2005, 05:48 PM
wow congratulations ottoette :D thats fantastic :bravo:

I weighed in this morning and I have met my goal too down to 190 pounds woohoo :dancer:

Thankyou for your support everyone - I couldn't have done it wothout you :grouphug:

Now to celebrate - I'm going to get that cabbage patch kid lol :lol:

welcome mom2my3girls and onmiway2005 you can do it :D