South Beach Diet - Ceasar dressing?

View Full Version : Ceasar dressing?

SingingStar
01-02-2005, 04:55 PM
I'm confused. I've been looking on these boards and some others, and some say ceasar dressing is ok on P1, while others say you can't use it until P2. I've seen the recipe on here, which looks good. My problem is that I'm going out to eat at Applebees on Tuesday. I don't each meat, which makes things even more difficult. I was planning on getting a ceasar salad, no chicken, croutons, or bread. If this dressing isn't allowed, do you know why? I can't figure it out.

Bella

SW 166.5
CW 139
GW 125

Bups
01-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi SingingStar

I think the book says you can use any salad dressing that has less than 3 grams of sugar per 2 tbsp serving (I think), but you have to be careful of Caesar dressing because, while it may not contain sugar it certainly has a lot of fat in it.

On SB we watch our fat intake too. Here is a link to the updated food list - it doesn't specifically mention Caesar dressing though.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49548

I would have the caesar salad but maybe ask if they can bring the dressing on the side so that way you can put as much as you need on it - I know a lot of places put way too much dressing on caesar salads. What about a simple tossed salad? It will have more veggies and again you can ask for the dressing on the side - a simple vinagrette would be best. I would also suggest getting a veggie soup to go with your salad - that way you get in more veggies.

Best of luck and don't stress over one meal - if you over do it a bit - just get right back on track afterward. Life isn't perfect.

Kim

SingingStar
01-02-2005, 11:49 PM
Thanks Kim. I think I'll get the dressing on the side. :)

Kryss
01-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Great advice Kim! I always order my dressing on the side when I go out to eat. Most places absolutely overdo it!