Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #1  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Question One a Day Weight Smart

I've been taking this, and it feels like it's working, anyone else? ANy bad or really good experiences with this?
Old 01-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #2  
Future Size 6

It seems to give me an energy boost, but it's hard to tell whether it's helping with the actual weight loss or if that's just due to the lifestyle change.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

I don't think they'll HURT you, but I also think that they're not really going to help you all that much with your weight loss, at least no more than taking a regular multivitamin would.

I myself have bought the One A Day Weight Smart vitamins - I usually buy the One A Day Women's Multi, but once Safeway had all the One A Days on sale so I figured I might as well try the Weight Smart ones, which are usually priced a tad higher than the One a Day Women's.

I didn't feel anything different - didn't expect to though, even though there is caffiene powder in Weight Smart, per the One A Day website.

So I don't think they'll HURT you to take them - of course you'll have to ask your doc to verify that statement. It's just a multi with some caffiene added.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:12 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I switched to them from regular One-a-Day about 5 or 6 months ago, and I can't tell the least bit of difference.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #5  
Back fat Be Gone!

I recently asked my doc about them and she said they can't hurt cause green tea is the active ingredient and has been proven to speed up the metabolism. One thing I noticed though, if you're one of those people that can't take medicine on an empty stomach, make sure you eat before taking this pill. It makes me throw up if I'm not full first, but so did my prenatals so don't count that against the vitamin.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:02 AM   #6  

Hi, I have never had a problem taking medicine on an empty stomach until I took One A Day Weight Smart. It happened 2 or 3 times. My husband thought I was pregnant. LOL. It did remind me of morning sickness.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Well I'm soooo glad to read the latest here. I've been wondering why I get nauseous some mornings while I'm trying to fix breakfast. Note to self: Take vitamins AFTER eating.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #8  
Aunt to many Mom to none.

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks Ladies. I to have the upset tummy after taking these. I've found that even if I take them after I eat, I still feel sick. I started to eat half of my breakfast take the vit and then finish eating. It helps alot and haven't felt sick since doing it this way.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #9  

I cant sleep when I take those things. I have no idea what is in it, but it makes me VERY awake!
Old 01-10-2005, 03:25 PM   #10  
Lawshark

I've been on the Jenny Craig plan since July of this year. I started taking the One-A-Day Weight Smarts about a month ago when my weight loss started slowing down. It didn't seem to make any difference but I needed to do a multi-vitamin anyway so I'll keep taking them until the bottle is all gone. They do make me very nauseous if I take them on an empty or half-empty stomach - but a lot of vitamins react that way with me. I always take it with lunch or dinner since those are my heavier meals.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #11  

I had been taking the one a day womens since 1996 through last week. and then I switched to One a day carb smart- not the same thing as weight smart I know, but close. I didn't notice a difference at all.

but again- Carb smart and Weight Smart aren't the same I know.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #12  

Default vitamin fyi

i was reading in the one a day thread where some people were made nauseous (sp) by the vitamin pills or threw them up. i read somewhere that the fillers in adult vitamins cause this reaction in some people. there are liquid vitamins for adults and you can use children's chewables (but i can't remember how many of those for adults)....... now if someone could just tell me of a pill that tracks down missing braincells...........
cheryl
Old 01-10-2005, 10:42 PM   #13  
banned

Funny thing is, the nutritionist that my weight loss surgeon referred me to for my initial consultation (insurance thing, you know) recommended these among the OTC multivitamins. I've never had any problem with them being I always took vitamins right before I'd eaten something or after I'd eaten; therefore, I never was nauseated. But I do feel better, even though I wish to attribute that to the lifestyle change
Old 01-12-2005, 01:14 PM   #14  
Get Moving :)

S/C/G: S/C/G: 220/133/120

Height: 5"2

Smile

Hi..
I've been taking them for about a week..i like them..i always take my pill after breakfast just in case...

Vanessa
Old 01-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #15  

I swtiched to them from one a day for women too. I was a little worried about a weight loss vitamin because I can't stand that weird buzzy feeling from caffine (I don't drink coffee or anything) so I looked for somthing that looked like it would contain the least. So far, no harm done! I don't think it's a miracle drug,(no such thing) but it can't hurt.
Closed Thread