Old 01-02-2005, 10:29 AM   #1  

Default Bok Choy Soup

I didn't follow a recipe so I sort of expected it to be just mediocre, but it was actually quite good and even my boyfriend liked it.

Ingredients:
bok choy
mushrooms (shitake would be good, but I used just plain baby bella mushrooms)
1 onion
2 cloves of garlic
a few scallions
fat free chicken broth (large 49.5 oz. can)
black pepper to taste
ginger to taste (I used powdered, but fresh grated would be much tastier. I will make sure I buy some next time I am at the market. Ginger is very good for you and yummy!)

I sauted the onion, garlic and mushrooms in a little olive oil. If I had fresh grated ginger, I'd probably add it at this point as well. I chopped up the bok choy stalks and added them to saute too. I added the chicken broth and then brought to a low boil. Added some pepper and ginger to taste. Then after about 10 minutes, I put in the bok choy leaves and scallions. I let it simmer for about 15 minutes. You can add the bok choy leaves at the very end if you want them to be a little more crisp.
Kryss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #2  
i luv my dog!

Thanks for posting this. I can't wait to try it. It looks very simple and very tasty.

I like bok choy a lot, but if someone couldn't find it I bet chinese/napa cabbage would make an acceptable substitute.
a broad abroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #3  

Mmmmm. Looks like lunch to me!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote