Support Groups - Amazing Royal Adventure IV -Fabulous 2005-ALL WELCOME!!!

Kaylets
01-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Welcome all from every kingdom, province, monarchy, duchy, federation, or ------------------( please fill in the blank)......

To the AMAZING ROYAL ADVENTURE IV--FABULOUS 2005!!!!

This adventure promises to lead us to places we've never been but have longed to see ... this adventure promises to teach things we thought we knew ... this adventure will be FABULOUS!!

So, call your coachman, the adventure awaits!!

And as most adventures are written by the adventurer....

YOU decide ( and who better??) what direction you shall fly your colors!!

This adventure is a shared adventure... with other royals who will share and support ....

Open the blinds! Let down the drawbridge! Sound the trumpets!

WE ARE AFOOT!!

The Amazing Adventure Continues!!!

ceara
01-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Happy New Year!

UMMM the smell of new paint. Love the new digs! Anagram, I haven't seen the old wagon in so long...why don't you just pick one...what colour? Maybe a new vehicle will inspire me.

Had a pleasant evening out with some new people...my new co-worker invited DH and meself over...we spent eve with her sister and hubby (who had my mother in 3-4 as a teacher librarian), her parents...the father whom my Dh knows through scouting and herself and Hubby...small world. We toasted the New York ball and then dispersed shortly thereafter. I am currently downing a BIG :coffee: . Late nights are not my forte!

So have the parentals coming today for dinner...we were supposed to do the outlaw holiday thing today but....and do I sound gleeful??????...my DH is working. So we can not go. Heartbroken. NOT!

My FIL had a heart attack a couple days after Christmas and is in hospital...he is doing well. They figure the horrid cold he had and then which got him again brought it on...He was flat on his a** the next two days after Christmas and looked none too good on Christmas Day either. So far I've avoided the bug! Vitamin C and zinc....

So.....am off to kill myself some more on this video game my son downloaded.... it is addictive and I'm not very good...so I die a lot.

Ceara :wave:

Kaylets
01-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Hello all!

My NY's celebration is traditionally at home where I know I'll be safe and sound come daylight.... goes back to a long time ago when I led a completely different lifestyle and then learned the hard way. And come to think of it, the full implications took a long, long time to adopt. But as I said, that seems to be typical of my learning process....

Anagram-- I agee, going forward, I want to be on the positve side of the equation---even when when most indicators would predict a negative outcome.....

Empress-- My computer has been struggling too lately.... I can't help but think there are lots of new ads, popups, etc and etc .... I probably need to run some "diagnostics" too and see what the Royal Security finds....

Cerise--Tell us more about the Internet Cafe... Do you pay a fee to use the Internet ?? You're right, there are so many advantages to city living..... I guess there might even be a similiar cafe near my job but for sure in Philadelphia.... And yes, you're right, I'm hard pressed which one I'd choose, but if push came to shove, I'd have to take the Internet vs the phone...

Eydie-- Can't wait to hear what the ex coworkers said when they saw you...
Isn't it always bittersweet when we go to these places in our past? I remember my last trip to my former employer.... b/4 hand couldnt wait but once I got there, couldnt wait to leave.... interesting....
AND OF COURSE THEY NOTICED A DIFFERENCE!@! Didnt they??

Ceara-- Remember my Bluetick Beagle and the white flaky skin rash?? Its back...Until the vet reopens on Monday, remind me what this was .... I found the Keto shampoo and gave her a bath w/ the shampoo rubbed in and "soaking" for about 10-12 minutes ( which was no easy task!). Much of the white stuff came off during the rinse... I remember last time, part of the cure was a daily bath doing the same.... I also am giving her human Vit E hoping to boost her immune system but for life of me can't remember what this skin rash was diagnosed as last year... I really dread the expense of more blood work... but will try to maintain a positive outlook and continue the bath's ( might even be warm enough today to give her one outside if I carry warm water out there!)...

WSW, Wood Nymph, Wildfire, Lurkers, Seecat, and all others.... How is life treating you????

As for DF--- its interesting how much our view of a relationship is changed when we change our view.... My nearly daily contact stopped nearly a full week ago and no contact has been volunteered. And as I said earlier, sometimes, I am a very slow learner... I "realized" this once before as well....
That much of the "work" was done by me.....
I've been noticing more and more during discussions that entire "episodes" (eg, w/ DS) were not remembered, completely misunderstood....which only made me wonder how much of our discussions were "not heard"....

My best read on the situation is that circumstance and health have eclipsed
many other things. In fact, health was the topic that proved to be the straw that made me decide it was time for me to redraw the boundary lines.
Pretty much, the inference was that since I quit smoking, lost weight, gave up sugars ( most of the time :lol: ) I am "pretending to be healthy" but
because I am not current on some exams I need to be hounded until I go and have them. And was told I should be hounded.... that if I had a diganosed disease I'd follow all medical advice.....

which in fact, proves that the past years discussions and sharing of my thoughts about 'marketing' by food and drug companies, Mind/body, etc, etc have not been heard. Disagreeing w/ me is fine, but what about knowing what my views are??
Its very similiar to DF 's reaction to my comment about how much I enjoyed DH's WW bread... 5, 6, 7 times the remark was always " I didnt know you ate bread, I thought you were on Protein only".... I guess you could confuse Weight Watchers w/ other plans if you're not familiar but again, there had been dozens of discussions about pros and cons of WeightWatchers vs other plans, stomach stapling , etc, etc....

And did I mention that we've sent a warm from the oven loaf to DF to sample?

Yet, every single conversation, DF invariably asks about DS and what DS's work schedule is ..... which has made me wonder many times if its just to irritate....

hmmmmm ........

And yet, I am still feeling like the "dumped" party... Again, I suspect, the relationship had a deeper meaning for me....which means I will miss it more...

As I wrote this, I took some breaks to eat, run some laundry, dishes, vacuumed a little and even quick soaked a pan of navy beans..
I am eager to get "lots of stuff done" today....

Its only been 2 or 3 days but DS took a few things and "moved out" ... to his GF's apt w/ her mother... DS prmsd he would clean his room out but if DS thinks leaving his room as it is will let him back if things "don't work out" he is mistaken. When DS explnd he was going to pay his share at GF's house, DH told DS outright that DS would never live here again for free. Personally, by saying that, I feel it gave DS the idea he has a safety net here but I am hopeful.

No matter what happens next, I feel as though for far too long, DH and I were so embarrassed at how DS was living his life ( and in turn, impacting our lives) that it was like dragging an enormous anchor. Both Dh and I need to NOT make excuses, fix, etc DS issues as it doesnt do any of us any good.
And as DS and DD both have proven that our efforts are not appreicated but expected....

Still is very interesting to me how in my own case, I couldnt wait to do for myself becuase it proved how adult I really was...

Must be time to post ...

Thought of the day:

" It's easy to think of the 'woulda, coulda, shoulda's' but at some point its time to give up past expectations and take inventory of what makes you happy now."
---Jeanette Lawler

Question of the day :

"Do you have a New Year's Eve/Day tradition?"

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
01-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Kaylets, try Nutro lamb and rice dog food for your bluetick. Our dawg [a bluetick mix!!!] has suffered with skin stuff and now he's doing great and his coat is really silky. And get this, Nutro guarantees that it'll work, so you can't lose. You can get it at the pet supermarkets and it's alittle pricey but worth it. Anything for the Golden Prince's comfort. [that's one of Jubal's many nicknames!]

Sounds like your friend has a touch of passive-aggressive about her. People like that are difficult, because whenever you call them on anything they just look at you with innocent doe eyes and say "I don't know what you mean".

My trip to see my old co-workers was delightful. It was great to see them again, and they couldn't stop talking about how much weight I'd lost! Especially satisfying to hear that from my old boss who's naturally slim. It was fun and I really need to go back more often. They were genuinely happy to see me. I don't know why that always surprises me!

Thanks for starting the new thread, Kaylets!

Glad your FIL is doing well, Ceara, and happy that you've avoided the dreaded bug. Continued success!

Amarantha2
01-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Happy New Year, :queen: s!!! This is a me-me flybye as I be a bit woozy this a.m. ... no did not celebrate with other than pb and ff milk but went for a New Year's walk very early in park with friend. Came back and found a feline that had met its demise by dint of an automobile in the street outside my house. The animal control folks say it could be hours before anyone comes to get it ... bummer as I don't want all these little kids to see it, but anyhow, so be it.

I do wish folks would keep their pets inside or confined to a yard so these things would not happen.

Refusing to work today and am resting, painting a self-portrait and reading. Will work tomorrow ... mayhap or mayhap not.

Yea, :queen: K, there are a lot of popups on this site ... I paid my subscription so only see them if I haven't signed in or have erased cookies. But I sometimes have problems posting ... have moved my "Diet Club" to the land far away's journal forum.

This is the day. :)

Amarantha2
01-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Well, my sweet neighbors were out there even as I was typing and disposed of the poor cat. They are so nice ...

:queen: K, re thy DF, I know that feeling ... that all the discussions you've had for years seem not to have registered with a friend ... that they don't even know who you are ... it is good that we can move on sometimes. ....

anagram
01-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Ah, the 2005 model wagon is so shiny and new and full of hope. Also has a great suspension system so we don't bounce out as easily when we hit a bump in the road - just what we needed. Thanks, Kaylets. And how does Royal Purple sound, ceara, or have we done that already? Sorry, too, about your FIL - sounds like dh's "cold" - it's really bad again today and I left him here while I went to DSs for dinner. He's spent most of the last two days sleeping but also had some swelling in his hands and feet - not a good sign w/the kidneys. Sigh....

But it's been a great holiday season and I'm going to stretch it out. I don't think he's enjoyed it as much as he's been out of it the last two weeks. I've given him an "exemption" for church tomorrow as well as it makes no sense for him to go out in the cold and drizzle we're expecting.

Empress - thank goodness for nice neighbors! Seeing a kitty carcass is never a pleasant sight.

Yes, Eydie, pork and sauer kraut is a good luck Pennsylvania German tradition much as your black-eyed peas are a good luck tradition. Plus I just love pork and sauer kraut. Enjoyed it in moderation as I did the corn, mashed potatoes and applesauce. We won't discuss the lack of moderation I then displayed re the cookies. But it was nice to see my 3 nephews, their wives and their children as well as my two sisters (plus one's dh) and a brother (though one sister and the bro had been here during the past week). Since Mom died, we haven't see each other all that much. Oh, I also have another new grandniece (born in Alaska on Monday) - named Grace Emma. Some day I must count them all.

As yes, the non-hearing thing. So many friends (and also relatives) of mine are that way, it seems. I had a chuckle the other week as a dear friend/relative of sorts was saying how convinced she is that people don't listen. She is better than most but honestly I can say I feel that way about her sometimes. I guess one of the worst I've had with that was when my DD had spinal surgery at 13. I had gone into greater than usual detail about the upcoming surgery with my SIL (dh's side) because dh's family usually tuned out medical details and I thought she was my best bet for having any of them understand DDs ordeal. I used words like "incision", inserting a metal rod, risks of paralysis, etc repeatedly. Several years later in a discussion she said "oh, so she actually had SURGERY. I thought she had some kind of procedure". Floored me, absolutely floored me. It's one reason I enjoyed my recent lunch w/42 yr friend - she still brings up things we both went through and remembers things re my kids health, mine, etc. that showed she really was listening then and cares enough to still remember. And yes, I too have let some friendships go and truly don't feel sorry enough to try to rekindle them though in at least one case there were some nasty after effects. In each case, it was a case of feeling they were not there for me and that I was the one carrying the friendship. There was, though, the one where I was the dropee. that's happened in other cases as well and it didn't bother me all that much. But the one did because I am so sure that it involved "money" and perceptions and I felt I was dropped because of that - not because of who I was or what I did, etc. But if that's acurate, then it's her problem, not mine and I've survived quite well, thank you. But that one really hurt.

Anyhow - back to positives. Looking back on 2004, I feel good about how I've handled most stuff besides weight. I'm particularly pleased w/improvements in my spiritual person (which I had resolved to work on). And so far, I'm pleased w/starting my one resolution early (the one about quitting the solitaire for something more productive) - it's been four or five days already so I'm sure I'll keep that one. Not that I'll never play but I want to lose the "addiction" part.

I'm resolved to work more on "inner strength" because it's looking like 2005 isn't going to go as well as we'd like re DHs health and I need to be able to handle "everything". And then much more work on the "healthy" goal. While I haven't lost much weight, I still believe that I've come a long way down the "healthy" road and despite my recent and really rotten behavior, I'm still ahead of where I was, say in 2001 or so. So back to the drawing board..............

Wildfire, I too am anxious to hear how house situation is coming along and when and how and all the rest. Not stealing Empress' journalistic queries - just want to cheer along w/you.

Punkin - if you're into NY resolutions, how about resolving to visit the palace a bit more? We miss your cheer.

wsw, you're always in our thoughts and I hope you're reading even if not able to post.

Being lazy tonight. Watched Mummers Parade from Phila. after I came home this afternoon. Now it seems like New Year's to me.

Kaylets
01-01-2005, 10:42 PM
HEllo all,

DH and I are doing chores and watching tv inbtwn... he slept in very late as he was up during the night for a bout 3 hrs, me I am beginning to fade.

New lock on the door puts a definite mark of punctuation. I told Dh how much calmer the house feels but made it plain I was..... and DH filled in the blank,
"waiting for the other shoe to drop".....

One thing for sure, it sure is nice to have the odd things DS was asked to do as his room & board done....I did quite a few of them today and it sure beats not having to look at the chores imcompletely done.
Now I really understand what people mean when they do something someone else was supposed to do because they " are tired of waiting"....

Anagram--- I know you must be itching to call the doctor.... I don't know anyone who has been thru the entire gamut of this cold epidemic....just watched two coworkers get worse and worse Wed, Thurs, Fri.... Special positve energy and prayers for both of you.... I know your DH has so many dietary restrictions... can he have tea or veg soup?? Poor guy....

Time for me to call it a night...

Kettle is on!

Wildfire
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Happy 2005, my fellow :queen:s! Glad to put 2004 to rest, as there were many heartaches as well as joys, and expect 2005 to be heavy on the joys side because I plan to influence it that way.

Have spent the last couple of weeks gathering strength for the coming battle to be as healthy as I can be this year. My sword and trusty Sgian Dubh are gleaming and ready to defend against all demons :devil: that cross the royal path. Have been looking forward to the fresh start, and I think battling demons counts as aerobic activity, does it not? :D

I am not making any resolutions, as I don't need to make declarations of the areas in which I may be failing. I know what they are and will continue to plod away at progress.

On Monday I start making plans for the move. Gleefully dropped my form N9 to terminate residency here into the drop box yesterday morning. Did obligatory happy dance in the hallway before heading for the car. :dancer: Our realty company has a relocator service that will organize and arrange all the logistics of the move, such as booking movers, transferring utilities, etc., so I'll call them Monday morning to get things underway. DH wants to book the move for Feb 19 (Saturday) so he doesn't have to book time off work. I have the whole last week of February booked off already. So let's see...30 more days this month, 18 days in February...48 days from today we get our keys!!

Have also ended a friendship recently, so I, too, know what you are going through Kaylets. It was so one-sided, I finally said "nuts to this" and ended it.

Best wishes for each and every one of you that the coming year will be filled with health, happiness and success. My new journey begins on the 'morrow and I am blessed to have such wonderful travelling companions!

Kaylets
01-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Hello all!

So far, about the only thing on routine is the 2 cups of coffee--
Dh and I maneuvered the BlueTick into the bathroom again for the 2nd bath in 48 hrs-- Ceara would know the cure better than I but the hardest part is getting the dog to stand for 15 minutes while the shampoo is working...
This morning we doubleteamed her w/ her favorite treat ( yes, its totally no good for her but ....)
While we were waiting for her to fall for the bait, the othe beagle was begging to get in the bath to drink (! go figure) :^:

Its been awhile since she's had a bath so in she went too... The bluetick then figured the coast was clear and that's when we made our move.....

She seems more comfortable but she is such a bulldozer she's a tough read...
She'd be one of those hounds bloodied and limping still chasing the rabbit....

Finally, I am ready to post the long promised 10th speech.....

Please remember, the delivery is probably more important than how I've placed the words.... what is listed here is the "written" -- I know the hand gestures are exactly as I gave them as those were spontaneous once I realized my original plan of cutting the deck wasnt going to be effective...

Here goes:

Ordinary to Extraordinary

Texas Hold'em....No Draw... Omaha...
A year ago, I wouldn't have known what those names were...Today, I know they are Poker games .The popularity of poker has exploded... TV, Internet, even the firehouse's Bingo games have been replaced by poker games....
Poker Games are a great equalizer..... card games allow players who might have nothing else in common compete at the same level...
A seasoned world champion may sit down with a fresh faced novice ..
And often, a player can come from behind on a single hand....

And that,
Mr Toastmaster, Fellow Toastmasters, Honored Guests is what I'd like to discuss today..
(Speaker places full deck of cards on table and draws a 'hand' from top of the deck while still speaking.)

is what we love about poker, is that the game is so much like life..
we identify with these card games because we see the players as ourselves, the cards as all of the experiences that life throws at us .....(holding hand up for all to see)
..how the ordinary person, a person not much different than you or I, can become a winner not by the cards he's dealt but in how he plays them...
An ordinary person knowing what they can do but then, doing what they have to do......

Let me give you some examples of what I mean....

For instance, Peggy and Ron... an ordinary couple, making plans to begin traveling and enjoy time together now that their children are grown.
Life is good.
Then, out of the blue, Peggy and Ron (Speaker pantomimes a single card being drawn from an invisible deck)
are dealt a card they didn't expect. Due to unfortunate circumstances, their grandchildren are suddenly at risk. Peggy and Ron know what they can do and then do what they must....
they accepted full guardianship for their grandchildren and begin the childraising process all over again.

Ordinary people, knowing what they could do, and then doing what they had to do.
Ordinary people becoming extraordinary by the way they played the hand they were dealt.

Another ordinary couple, Jan and Paul, only a few years away from retirement. Their house is the place where most holidays and events are celebrated but in-between sometimes the house seemed too big for just the two of them.
About this time, Jan and Paul decided to become foster parents. Many thought they were making a mistake but Jan and Paul 's minds couldn't be changed. Although Jan and Paul would remind the kids they fostered that they weren't taking the place of their parents, Jan would say, " I am your Nana and no matter what happens, I will always be your Nana."....Although both Jan and Paul both knew the "Foster Parent" rule, the inevitable happened. A newborn named Cory abandoned by his mother at the hospital. came into their lives. Nearly 18 mos later, when Cory became a legal ward of the state they loved Cory too much to let him go to strangers.
Jan and Paul knew what they could do and then did what they must.
Jan and Paul legally adopted Cory.

Ordinary people, knowing what they could do, and then doing what they had to do.
Ordinary people made extraordinary by the way they played the hand they were dealt.

In the early winter of 1956, our third couple were looking forward to the birth of their third child. The future looked bright with possibilities. But then, suddenly, an unexpected card was dealt. A childhood burn injury of Don's became reinfected. The usual treatment began but this time, the infection was stronger. Once the doctors realized Don's leg had gangrene the only option was amputation. By St. Patrick's Day, Don was back home and believe it or not,.within 6 weeks, he was back at work.
Very fast by today's standard's of medicine but amazing considering we are talking about 1956. Many people might have used the leg amputation as an excuse, but not Don. Within a few short years, Pat and Don's family had grown from 3 children to 6 and Don realized he needed to change employers to advance his career. He was offered a job with Pepperidge Farms in Downers Grove, IL. He wasn't there very long when he was offered a promotion which involved a transfer to Norwalk CT....

Some of us might think that a transfer across country away from family and friends would be too much .... everything considered, who could blame Pat and Don for being cautious??
Hadn't they enough to deal with?? But not Pat and Don... they moved to CT and for the next 30 yrs, Don commuted 40 minutes twice a day.
By 1968, Pat and Don had 8 children. One of the younger girls was having trouble learning to walk and speak. Many doctors were consulted and finally, at Yale, the problem was found to be related to a valve outside the heart. A surgery was successful but the long term effects could not be changed. In the early 70's, education for "special" children was hit or miss...
So, with Don's support, Pat spearheaded a local group to change CT legislation so that all children in CT had the same educational
opportunities....There were countless meetings,phone calls, research to be studied. All this while working and raising 8 children... but Pat succeeded.. CT law was changed so that all children had the same educational opportunities.... In fact, because of her efforts, Pat was honored to meet and be congratulated by Roslyn Carter in person.

Ordinary people, doing extraordinary things......
Ordinary people like you and I...( Speaker picks up the actual 'hand' of cards for audience to see and pantomimes choosing a card to play)........

Ordinary people winning, not because of the cards they were dealt but winning because of how they played the cards...

(Still holding 'hand' )

Ordinary people just like you and I.

( Long pause and then gesture to Toastmaster acknowledging its the Toastmaster's turn to retake the podium)

DH wants to go out for breakfast. I'll look in later!

KETTLE IS ON!

Cerise
01-02-2005, 04:21 PM
...and finds everything to her satisfaction. Thank you, Queen Kaylets, for arranging things so spendidly in our new home. I sweartogod, I dreamed about this place last night. Very powder blue, baroque, lots of knick-knacks, roaring fires, narrow staircases and vaulted ceilings with white molding and gold trim. Next time we move it's my turn to decorate and it'll be all Turkish. This, though, is by far the coziest digs we've ever had. So, pull up a Louis XI chair (or whatever). It's awesome in here.

I'm at a different internet cafe, sipping a ginseng and peppermint tea. Internet cafes are great - you buy a coffee/tea/bottled water and get 20 or 30 minutes free, depending. This one's cozy with low, black-painted ceilings, pillars, old, comfy furniture and blues. Friday I was at the one just a block away from our home, with modern furnishings and classical music. Though I miss having internet at home, these cafes are wonderful. Human interaction is limited, since we're all staring at screens, but there's something convivial about the tapping keys, and no one thinks you're weird if you murmur "bless you" when your neighbor sneezes. I do love, love, love living here.

I'm jazzed today - I got up at 9:00 with Ramon and saw him off to work, then walked down to Pike's Place (freezing my *** off - it's a cold, clear, sunny day here), got some of our favorite greasy, squishy, warm donuts and took them to Ramon's shop and shared them with him and Grae, his super-hip boss. I love Grae. Then I bussed up to Broadway and have been strolling up and down, bought the latest Stitch and ***** knitting book (I'm determined to learn how to knit and the patterns are very, very hip), bought some toys for the Royal Catlies, Simone and B'Elanna, and seriously discussed a raw food diet with the shopkeeper. I also bought a smudge stick at our herbalist/tarot reader/pretty things store - I've never used one before (herbs tied together with string - you light them and stub out the flames and let it smoke in a bowl for a while, supposed to cleanse the air) but I burn incense and resin and stuff, and people swear by smudge sticks as an air-freshener. I refuse to buy the spray any more. Hate it. It's my 'try something new' day, because after this I'm going to try out the Green Cat Cafe, which is supposed to serve kick-butt vegan food. Wish you ladies were with me today.

Man, you guys, so much is happening in your heads today - I honestly can't respond to everything, but I've read and smiled and laughed and am so proud of every one of you for how you're fashioning your lives. I treasure your thoughts and dreams and admire the work you're doing on yourselves and your homes, bodies, skills.

Kaylets, I'm doing the happy dance for you guys setting some real, awesome boundaries with your DS. Yes, the other shoe may drop, but you're equipped, man, and I know you and your DH are going to stand strong with these new tools to help you - I mean the changed locks, the rent ultimatum, him being gone for awhile - these are all going to help you renew your own two lives, I'm sure of it. And I'll be honest with you, I'm going to read your speech tomorrow when I've got more time to digest it.

Lord have mercy - I'm doing the rest of the posties tomorrow when I have time to respond to all of you. Sorry...

For now though, I love knowing you all, I'm proud of you, and you're dam' good company.

Kaylets
01-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Hello all!
The "mostly clear " day became very raw and rainy....
DH and I got carried away and he wound up waiting too long for lunch which then made his sugar #'s goofy so he's sleeping...

I 'm doing odds and ends ....
Going to start some lentil soup and try to connect w/ a few folks on the phone.

hope everyone is well. And yes, Cerise is right.... We should take great pride in our efforts....

And oh geez, how could I have not noticed that this is French Provincial?? Serves me right for letting Hildie in here....Let me go and drag all the big squishy rockers and overstuffed chairs back in.... and whoever walled up the fireplace will have to answer!! I have footmen using very unroyal tools to knock all that wallboard down... we shall have a nice cozy fire here in short order.....

Seems like a royal's job is never done.....

And whatever made Hildie think you can do French Provincial on a $1000 budget....??

oh, btw,
KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
01-02-2005, 04:42 PM
Second day of the new year. How's it going? So far so good?
Garry and I are doing the "Soul Coaching" book again. It's 28-day program. We did it last April. It's interesting to see how we've changed since we kept our journals from last time. I'd say I've made progress! Cool!
We've also meditated the last 2 days, and man, my thoughts are all over the place!!! There I am, following my breath, and all of a sudden, I'm making grocery lists, singing silly ad jingles, thinking about work, and worse! Yep, it can only get better. This is a good discipline for me.
Loved your speech, Kaylets! And it's fun to picture you doing it because I know what you look like now!
Love hearing about city life too, Cerise. It sounds wonderful! Funny you should mention smudge sticks, I used one today.
By the way, one of my resolutions is to stop buying regular cleaning products for home. I want to make my own from now on--from vinegar, baking soda and such. Whenever I get it together to do that, I really do like it better. Only exceptions will be dishwasher soap, and carpet spot cleaner!

Interesting to hear others talk about one-sided friendships. When I tried to call my friend on it, she said, 'So you're keeping score?' She just didn't get it and even admitted that I made 100% of the contact. 2 years ago and it still stings, but I know I'm better off.

Back to work tomorrow!

Arabella
01-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Flying by, Dearies! I'll get in to catch up soon, but it's been Dreaded EOM and DH has been home all week...

Had a very strange experience. My latest article profiling an artist -- the woman was talking about major upheavals and so on. The painting we decided to talk about was called "Tsunami" and was an image of one -- the article was all about "messages for humanity" and destruction, but also transcendence and peace. The woman is deeply religious and believes that her work is guided by the holy spirit. I think most people won't realize that the article was written and printed before the tsunami, but I had a friend call me the other night and ask me if I was freaking out about it. I'm not, but it's just one of those slightly inexplicable things.

I heard from wsw, who's been sick with a respiratory thing. Hope you're feeling better if you're managing to lurk, Sweetie!

Love to all!

anagram
01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
What a coincidence, Arabella. One, I'm sure, that will also have more people reading the article thoroughly. Transcendence and peace - love that as my goal.

Communication mishap here - today I was looking at Christmas gift certificates from dh. He had typed up one for a Tai Chi class I had been thinking of taking starting this week. I assumed it was a gift but I would have to register, etc. and was still debating whether or not to sign up as I can't go first night. Something made me ask........turns out he has already registered me and paid for the classes. The other g.c. is for services at a spa and he had told me he did prepay that because "otherwise you won't go do it'. Turns out he meant that statement for both certificates. So now I'm registered for Tai Chi. Please tell me it's ok to miss the FIRST CLASS. I'm sure that's not good but I do want to take the course. AND I'm going to schedule a massage for next week - whether I've earned it or not - a sort of pre-reward of sorts. I guess he did it this way this time because he had typed up a g.c. for five massages for my birthday and I had only gone for one (since they weren't prepaid but he had not wanted to choose where I should go). But anyway, glad I asked.....

So tomorow it's back to the Real World for me. I've so much enjoyed this sabbatical of sorts. All my decorations are staying up, possibly for as long as another week. My DIL celebrates "Little Christmas" (Byzantine Calendar) so I am too this year. We always left our tree up that long when I was a child sort of as a courtesy to neighbors and others who celebrated. Plus it covered the Feast of the Magi and my mother was always careful to include that in our celebrating. So, since I'm not rushing to get off to Florida this year, I'm covering the whole spectrum.

Arabella, somehow I didn't realize there was an EOM this month. Kaylets, good speech, sound principle.

Hmm, Cerise, are you helping me to decorate? Am considering repainting my bedroom in a Frenchy blue. While the furniture is total '50s, it does contain some obscure Second Empire elements. Don't know, Kaylets. I think Hildie would do something more in Cerise's Turkish theme. Although I think she actually did a blue room once and I was in shock.

Sorry to hear wsw is having respiratory problems though I was sure she was having some kind or she'd have been with us. Cheers, w.

Had a good nap and have been "putzing" around organizing myself for the new year. Each child presented me with an "organizer" - think they're giving me a message? DDs is for my purse and Ds's is a whole big thing. I'm so used to using a calendar on my fridge but this will be helpful because I'm thinking I can squeeze in some diet stuff here and there as well as soon as I get a system worked out.

Had fun w/a nice leisure outfit dh gave me as well. Needed a larger size top so took both pieces back and exchanged them. Turned out I DIDN'T need the larger pants so had to go back and exchange them again. Have weighed in and damage is substantial so surprised the smaller pants did the job.

Dh seems slightly better this evening. Poor guy - second weekend out of the last three that he was totally out of it.

Well, good night, ladies. I'm turning this infernal machine off for the day.

SeeCat
01-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Happy Monday. Finally made it back to the palace for the new year. Aside from a ton of work waiting for me, I very much enjoyed a couple of days off. Very low key holidays with much bread baking.

I am trying to refocus after really slacking off during the holidays. So, new food journal and back to counting points. Yuck.

Well, must dash. Meetings galore this afternoon.

molly

Kaylets
01-03-2005, 09:41 PM
ohhhhh how annoying----nice long post got eaten up in the jaws of popups

how rude!

So...

tonight's weighin showed a loss... Nothing to get excited about as I seem to be painting the lines on this piece of road.... but at least this week we are headed in the direction I want to go in....

and have finally taken a serious look at how much my weight is supposed to be intaking....

and finally GET that the equation to lose is more activity/less calories....
when you do the opposite .... you will get the opposite result....

so, the question is:

WHAT WAS I T HINKING!

I need to know within a very close number what my intake is daily

no more,

I think, remember, hope, could be, wish, .....
and no more
must be menopause, TOM, cortisol, sugar, salt, temporary amnesia, too quiet, too noisy, almost spring, 360 days till the holidays.......

SO, I am off to LOG MY FOOD....

hmmmmmm

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
01-04-2005, 06:41 AM
Hello all!

Trying to cut back to one cup of real coffee in an effort to fool my metabolism ....also looking to get more green tea in....

Seems the cold so many of you have described has arrived at my office...
People are very bleary and most of them still working...
I am redoubling handwashing, etc, etc but still, have to use copiers, etc that others are using too....

Need to redouble efforts at rest, humor and sleep too....

Looking to catch an early bus in, might be able to lurk later but will only be nodding and toasting ......

Thought of the day :

"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing-that's why we recommend it daily.

--Zig Ziglar

Question of the day :

"Under ordinary circumstances, can you sleep in public? "

Ready or not.....

KETTLE IS ON!

SeeCat
01-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Fly by yet again. I am playing catch-up at work adn it is not pleasant, but it seemed so lonely in the palace so I thought I would drop by.

QOD: yes, i can sleep anywhere and I can sleep through most noise if I decide to.

Amarantha2
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
YO, ROYALS! How be ya? Sorry, this is also a flybye ... my plan for the day to pay bills got sideswiped by the lack o' the requisite funds, so I went to gym, shopped for healthy food and have a massive headache, which I need to get rid of as I'm working tonight. Still having trouble with this site and am journaling daily in the land far away but wanted to trundle in from the storm to leave a calling card ... not a joke, we had terrible storms here yesterday ... cold today but the water is burning away in the sun ...

deleted2
01-05-2005, 07:22 PM
How goes the new year?! I'm doing well with sticking to my resolve to exercise every day; that's a good thing and I feel like I'm finally getting my groove back.

The weather here is almost scarily warm---I opened up all the windows today. It's January, fer Pete's sake!

Kaylets
01-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Hello all!

Hello all!

Getting things done this morning but am also trying to catch one of the earler buses in ---- we only have cold rain but still, traffic here is so dense, even dry sunny conditions often have problems....

What a great feeling throwing a few pieces of clothing away !! Almost like I "deserved" to let the worn out, too big "only good for inside the house" go for something nicer....

Have to let all that sink in.....

Thought of the day :

" Need instant relief ??

Try ssssslllllooooowwwwwiiiiinnnnnngggggg ddddddoooowwwwnnnnn."
--Lily Tomlin

Question of the day :

" Do you have a specific day to do laundry?"

Ok, my friends, here we go... little steps still take us away from where we were!!

Our weather too was warm but then, by night, completely different system....
Sure keeps things interesting!

KETTLE IS ON!

deleted2
01-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi Kaylets! I'm in a decluttering mood too, but wait---didn't I do this about 8 months ago? Hmmmmm...... :o
How does it all accumulate? What clouds my mind that I can't see it? Must be clutter elves.

frogger
01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Good Day to all my royal friends!!

Hope all your holidays were merry and bright.

I'm back and I'm ready to shed to post prego pounds. Sydney Allyson is 3 months old now (can you believe it?) I will have to post pix when I get home.

I'm finally happy girls...It's been a wild 2 years. Got married, bought a house, left a job got a GREAT job, and had a beautiful baby girl.

I've been trying to keep up with everyone even if I don't post. WSW even sent me a lovely christmas card. (Thanks!!) You'll be seeing me around here more often again. Love to you all!

Kaylets
01-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Hello all!

HI FROGGER!! Yes, we are very excited!! didnt mean to yell! Saw your name as soon as I came in the door and I even told one of the dogs she had to wait because "Frogger stopped by!!" ... Well, would you look at you! With a baby princess to boot! TA DA!! TA DAAAA!!!!!
Very, very exciting!!
And btw, what size is the Princess wearing and what does she like???

now isnt this lovely??

Hope eveyone has a chance to stop by... its really nice when we're all here together...!

anagram
01-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, hi there, Momma Frogger! Glad so many things have turned in the right direction for you. Huzzah!

NOT playing w/the princesses as foretold - dh still fighting the flu bug so we stayed home. Finally succumbing a bit myself though not nearly as bad as his.

Had my first Tai Chi class tonight. Should be doable.

Kaylets
01-07-2005, 07:28 AM
HEllo all!

Friday! ;)

Up at least 3 times during the night, bathroom and then one time, charley horse-- (took the magnesium at 5 am so that doesnt happen again!)....
Scale did move south some but on the other side of it, I've been ravenous also. Need to seriiously put together meals w/ "lower" pts/calorie values ....
The more I log, check values the more suprises I have.... in retrospect, the gain was inevitable.... and nearly all of it was "assumptions".....

Hmmmmm...what is it the Empress says..." It works if you work it "???

Anagram-- You are a lucky girl to find a Tai Chi class nearby.. is it in the daytime?? Glad your first impression was a good one...

Thought of the day :

"If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow human being,
let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it,
as I shall not pass this way again. "
----William Penn

Question of the day:

"Do you remember who taught you to write your name?"

Need to get moving...

Take care all...

KETTLE IS ON!

frogger
01-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Kaylets-She's just skirting into a 3-6 months size now because she needs the lengtht. All her 0-3 months are too short. She doesn't fill them out though! She's long and skinny minny. Just starting to get little fat rolls on her thighs and arms. And here I thought I'd have a rolly polly baby. She likes watching TV (really she will lay there and watch for as long as you let her or until she falls asleep). Loves to play with anyone who will pay attention to her. She giggles now which catches on. When she smiles or laughs you just have to as well because it's so darn cute! :lol:
We'll end up doing her room in Care Bears since my grandma went out and bought her a Care Bear crib set. She got a Care Bear hamper for Christmas and I've got to get in there and paint the walls etc. (She's still in her bassinet in our room right now). BUT she's getting way to long for it so it's time to move her on out.

Anangram-Tai Chi sounds fantabulous. Wish we had something like that where I live.

Off to grab some joe (NO not some Joe walking around here!!) a :coffee: and a bite to eat.

Later gators

anagram
01-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm a firm believer in clutter elves. I'm decluttering again a bit too but then I never finished up last time. Have been putting some Christmas things away but am determined to let tree and lights up at least past today. And since there's no point going to the basement emptyhanded and that's where I do my laundry (any day works for me) I've been picking some things up and taking them down each trip. I should be done by the end ofnext week ;)

Sydney sounds so precious. Enjoy every minute. And she'll be changing every minute (no, I don't mean the diapers).

The Tai Chi is sponsored by our local municipality at night and at the middle school my kids attended so it's not far. I've seen classes offered at some local senior centers and the coach said he teaches at some so I may look into them after this six week class. They're daytime and may not be as expensive. Or I just may get a tape. I am pretty well located as to facilities of most sorts. Can't walk though like our Viscountess can.

Errands this afternoon so just puttering through dumb stuff this a.m. Nose running, coughing, etc and tired but not really as out of it as I was earlier. Another cup of tea sounds like a good idea!

Amarantha2
01-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi, :queen: s ... just a flyby ... problems with site ... doesn't like me much anymore! :lol: Greetings to Frogger, love to read about your little tadpole's progress ... you must post pics.

Anagramatic ... glad you liked your tai chi class ... it's a good form of exercise, IMO ... especially if one contracts the muscles whilst moving ...

I'm also decluttering but not so much the house as my life ... getting rid of thoughts, feelings and even people that aren't good for me ... in that line, I once again severed ties with the personal trainer, although she IS good for me, but I can't deal with the scheduling conflicts and the expense and also just want to be more private in my workouts ...

Wsw ... hi out there! :wave:

:queen: K & E, I haven't missed a day of journaling. It's helping a lot, methinks.

Got to take a nap or something ... it's my day off but spent three hours at the dentist.

SeeCat
01-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Aarrgghhh. Another killer day at work. I feel like things will let up soon, and then I end up with two more urgent projects. Some day I will get out from under the accumulated papers on my desk, but I am not thinking that it will be someday soon.

I think I am hitting a plateau of sorts. I am firmly back OP, so hopefully it will only be a matter of time before I start to see some scale movement.

frogger: 3 months is such a great age. My brother has a three month old adn she is starting to get so expressive.

At any rate, I must get back to the truely irritating work of work. Just got interrupted my a phone call from a crazy person. I just love that stuff.

molly

deleted2
01-07-2005, 08:08 PM
So happy to see Frogger again! Sounds like things are going so well for you! :D

Anagram, are you and DH still down with the crud? I've been so lucky so far. [knock wood] Garry's in the throes of fighting something off, I think.

Kaylets, have you been journaling. I've missed a few days. :o I'll get back to it if you will!

SeeCat, forgive me if you've already told us--what program are you on?

I'm off to the food journal thread!!!

Kaylets
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello all!

Been a productive morning so far... Here we go Saturday, here we go!!

Been an interesting morning too... I was thinking how much we act/react thinking someone else is there w/me... this morning, I thought DH stayed up when we both got up to use the bathroom so I made myself stay downstairs and put coffee on.... I then got interested in a PBS show about Volunteer Firemen history...
and then realized when I brought coffee upstairs that DH had gone back to bed and was sound asleep....And that's what I had wanted to do originally but forced myself to stay awake because I 'thought' he was expecting coffee....

And so, just like journaling/not journaling...when I don't know exactly how many points I've eaten, its really easy for me 'think' I have points for the day/week left....
Last night, I knew I had just enough points left to have my favorite SF FF pudding.... but I was sooooooo hungry.... We still had a vegatarian tomato sauce left in the fridge--( a zero point soup only lots thicker...)there was about 2-3 cups left and that really saved the day for me... the flavor, volume and even the warmth made me feel full and satisfied my taste buds too....

This morning's weighin isnt official either but its still lower than a week ago.
I do know for sure that my brain is being hammered w/ messages that I am hungry when logically I'm not.The PBS Volunteer Firemen special showed how the horses used to pull the fire wagonsbecame as much a part of the community as the firemen themselves. These horses were so well trained that even if they were pulling a regular type of wagon on the street when the fire alarm sounded, (sometimes even the horses had day jobs!)
no matter what they would gallop back to their firehouse, even if it meant dragging beer, ice, etc w/ them. Once the horses were replaced, by modern engies one fire house sold a team of horses to the power company to haul telephone poles. It made money for the firehouse and kept the horses busy and working. Except no one told the team of horses that they had changed jobs. One day as they were pulling telephone poles, the fire alarm sounded. The horses took off at gallop, the wagon of poles twisting and turning behind them. Poles began to spill out everywhere. By time the horses got back to "their" firehouse, only one pole was left in the wagon.
Everyone realized the only solution was that horses had to be somewhere they wouldn't hear the firealarm... so a farm far away from the fire bell was where Pat and Mike "retired".

As I watched that story this morning I realized that I am just like those horses. I know how I want to spend my points but "hear" the "EAT" alarm and off I gallop;sometimes leaving a mess behind me.
I too, need to figure out how "not" to hear the "EAT" alarm;a nice farm in the country sounds lovely but I certainly can
replace, refocus, relax my way to better choices. The horses couldnt understand that they were done chasing fires... all they knew was they had been rewarded when they responded to the bell and how much fun it was to run like crazy to get there.

I can find other rewards and still have fun.
hmmmmmmmm...........

Molly -- sounds like you are buried-- even though logically my brain tells me not to, if I don't take a break, take my lunches, etc, I wind up not doing as well .... I always think I don't have time to take a break-- when instead I should be thinking " got lots to do, need to pace myself and stay 'even' so I can get it all done"....

Frogger-- the Newest Princess sounds like she is going to be be as animated and charismatic as her Queen Mother!! I remember when Care Bears were so popular the first time! Now a fresh group gets to enjoy them again!

Ok...

Time to get a few more things done...

I am getting very close to opening DS's EX bedroom door and spending 15 minutes filling a bag or two... It might only be 5 minutes depending on what I find....

:lol:

Amarantha2
01-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Starting my 6-week St. Val's Challenge ... just on my journal in the land far far away ... huzzah! The first holiday opp for a diet challenge ... sis boom 'n bah!! Hoorah! I'm excited about this year ... going to sprint right through to my goal!

Yep, today's the day. :)

Kaylets
01-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Hello all!

Hmmmmm--- Feb 14---- hmmmmm--- I sure would like to be at goal weight a
few weeks by then.....hmmmm--
I really can't believe this just came to my mind....I guess I am getting corny in my old age....."If its to be, its up to me!"

Hmmmmmm

Ran a few errands this am... Did I mention I filled 2 bags from DS's room-- and yet only spent 15 minutes in there-- yup, its that awful....

Am going to go lay down for a little while and might go back in there to fill another bag....
or might not...

Its kind of overcast and chilly feeling although we are supposed to get very warm weather... just makes me want to take a nap....

yawn

deleted2
01-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Kaylets, I loved hearing about the horses. You always have such interesting things to say!

Just counted and I'm on my 113th day of my no refined sugars regime. Almost 4 months---I never would've thought it! Today we made some rice crispy treat-y things with almond butter, rice syrup and crisp brown rice. EXACTLY like the traditional sugary ones.

I'm going on an adventure. I'm going to see if I can scout out our Amarantha in the land far away. Hope I'm not attacked by vicious Cupids, or sinister heart-shaped thingies. If I'm not back by tomorrow, avenge my death! :lol:

Amarantha2
01-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Huzzah, :queen: E, I found thee and welcome thy stalwartness on the quest ... I've added a "workout-a-day" component to my own challenge as well in thy honor ... thanks for the idea ... my mojo's kind of lacking in that area as well ... the fire needs to be rekindled in the belly! And in case I forgot to say it, CONGRATULATIONS on no refined sugar for 113 days!!!! I'm gonna be there by summer, I swear!

anagram
01-09-2005, 11:36 PM
Congrats, Eydie, on 113 days. And, Kaylets, are you planning a "sewing room" or and "office" once you get that room suitable for redecorating? Seems best to change it from a spare bedroom immediately just in case.

I'm looking for inspiration. Can't seem to get it together although most of today I've been feeling better and dh finally seems to be as well. Got a pic tonight of sister who started ww in the fall. Seems like she's really losing. Now that might get me moving - when I lost last time it was because another sister was. I'll take anything that works.

Kaylets
01-10-2005, 07:38 AM
Hello all!

Here we go Monday, Here we go!

Sure thought about just staying in bed this morning but there are a couple things on my desk that really should not wait...

Anagram- Yes, I am a big believer that motivation always needs to be refreshed... I'm always trying to "fill up" on motivation... Perhaps your sister
would be interested in some of your tips? Things that worked or didnt work for you?? recipes? Glad to hear your dh is feeling more like himself!

Scale bounced back up 3 lbs which makes sense since yesterday it had dropped 5--- just hoping for some kind of a loss at tonight's official weighin... maybe if I'm really lucky, the weight listed in my stats will be the actual weight and I'll be an honest woman again!

Must be off...

Thought of the day :

"Donít let the fear of striking out hold you back."
----Babe Ruth

Question of the day :

" Do you eat peanut butter and jelly? "

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
01-10-2005, 08:36 AM
Good snuffy Monday! I'm glad it's Monday because I need another fresh start. This cold thing has thrown me way off the path. Probably won't hit pool again today as I feel that might aggravate it. Did many things yesterday during a quiet, stay-at-home day. Enjoyed it.

I don't have any good tips for Sis, Kaylets. I had tried many times to encourage her because of her health so I'm glad she's working on it. She actually knows pretty well what works for her because she's done this before. I guess it IS all in the motivation (she wants to fit in airplane seat). But I'm sure she's feeling better than she had been.

As to myself, I just must remember my best motivation - to be in better health. I even broke my new no-solitaire rule and went right back to addiction. It didn't hurt any thing - just my pride that I was so weak. I had many more interesting things to do during that time.

So - BIG SMILE ON FACE - forward I go and hope to report better things!

Avanti!!!

ceara
01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Mornin' all :queen:s!

Just a quickie...have been lurking. Anagram..Zuma is my current addiction....I'm up to level four now..just broke through last night...It is mindless escape.

Made a purchase on Friday that is really making it hard to get outta bed in the mornings...I bought a feather mattress with a down top. Now we've been sleeping under eiderdown for our whole married life, but the mattress I got a few years ago is proving too hard...my back has been killing me. So I'm trying this....my back feels better...way better and it is hard to budge in the morning. I never knew these things existed until I saw one at a friend's house.....you just put this on top of the existing mattress, make the bed....and.......a...h...h...

Tough week last week...we have a strike mandate now......negotiations were non-existant after 1 meeting. Am working on getting my head around a few things....food was good up until the week between Christmas and New Year and then all H*** broke loose...so am crawling back up onto the wagon...see you'all there!

Hi Frogger! Glad you're back! Arabella, are you guys dug out yet? Wsw! Hi!
Good luck tonight on the weighin Kaylets....How much snow in TO Wildfire? Punkin....4 more days!

:wave: to all!

Ceara

Amarantha2
01-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Yikes, wanted to come in from the cold and say hi to Anagram and Ceara, as well as K, E, Arabella, Wsw, Frogger, Seecat, Cerise, Punkin and all :queen: s present and past. But I have problems with the site, so won't be back for awhile ... may lurk in to change my weight tracker thingie as my St. Val's quest progresses ... everyone knows the land wherein I dwell at present ... miss everyone. Huzzah!

anagram
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
That's it, Ceara! It is mindless escape and sometimes I really do need that. Congrats on your breakthrough!

Miss you Empress and always glad when you check in. Love your ticker as it's a good reminder of how far you've come and a big inspiration to me.

Eat both pb and jelly but seldom together. And mostly these days I save my "jelly" for special treats and eat only more unusual kinds. Key lime I brought home last year (no, it's not been opened THAT long), some topping style that are gifts from a friend in flavors like Cherries Jubilee and some blueberry that DIL gave me at Christmas. My PB is Jif - hopefully in the reduced everything style but not always. I really limit the quantity but don't plan to give it up.

Have moved a good bit this morning so far and now l.r. is back to its pre-holiday shape. Off to shower now - will skip pool but will go to salad bar for lunch w/pool friends (a more or less monthly thing). Pack up my angels, give dh his shot, and do laundry after lunch. Well, it's a plan anyway so I'm ahead of a bit ago.

SeeCat
01-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Happy Monday. Actually I am really resenting being back at work today. The weekend was spent in the car for the most part becuase I had a family reunion about 4 hours away, so not really all that restful and many food traps along the way. I got through it unscathed.

Eydie: My plan is a modified version of weight watchers flex points. Modified means that I am too cheap (or too broke) to pay to go to meetings and stuff. It has worked out pretty well so far becuase it is rather idiot proof. 113 days of no refined sugar? wow. I try to cut that stuff out, but thus far...well, no dice. Heck, it is the journey that counts, right?

Amarantha: a v-day challenge sounds marvelous. I am sorry to hear that you are having technical difficulties and hope it does not prevent you from stopping by for too long.

I must say that after being with all of the cousins and such this weekend, i can really put a face to the childhood obesity problem. I have one cousin who is only 4 and is very obese. I know this is not about her own choises becuase at that age her choises are made for he, or should be. It is because her mother is very young (she became a mom at 17) and sees food as a way to show love. She is a fairly active child, but her mother (who is tall and thin) feeds her candy and soda all the time.

At any rate, back to working.

Cerise
01-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello, darlings. Sorry for lurking and not writing.

The Ramon and I have been having a tough time this week - I've been crying quite a lot, relatively speaking. I finally put the kibosh on "relationship talk" for a while because Ramon's denying responsibility and my temper can't be trusted. I'm so tired of all our problems being my fault, and I don't have the clarity to see if my mate's to blame at all. But then, who's to blame isn't the question, is it, except that to solve our problems we have to figure out who's causing the problems....and it's probably me, since I'm the more emotional, mercurial and more forceful of the two of us. **sigh**

Anyway, I haven't really felt much like writing, and I'm sullenly waiting for my next therapist visit, though I'm starting to feel like she's not an ally - it's like she and I are fighting ME every inch of the way, and I am tired of her, myself and Ramon ganging up on me. Even if I deserve it.

Anyway, you guys love me and don't know how ugly/crazy I can get, so I apologize for the long absence and promise to come in regularly and whine. Just kidding. :lol:

deleted2
01-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info, Molly! Always interesting to know what our fellow travelers are into. I've done a bunch of different things along the way--you name it, I've most likely tried it! I'll have to make a list sometime...

Ceara, love picturing you in downy fluffy comfort! What's eiderdown? Is there a winged beast called an eider?

Anagram, you've taken your Christmas tree down? Awwww....Guess I'm the last hold-out! Ours is just a 4 footer and looks for all the world like a real tree with litte pine cones and ice crystals on it, and lights. We don't do ornaments so it may stay up all year--who knows?
I just had a memory resurface. When I was very young, I read an interview with one of the Price Is Right girls--you know the ones who fondle the prizes and all?--It was summer and she still had her Xmas tree up and when asked why, she said, "because I can". I recall thinking that was pretty cool. Funny the things that stick with you, isn't it?

Amarantha, Glad you visited and I'll see you in the other realm!

Kaylets, I wanted to ask you too if you had a plans for the 'new' room?

Cerise, truly sorry that you're having difficulties. Yes, we love you, Ramon loves you and all will be well. Just a thought: sometimes a tiny little shift somewhere can make a huge difference. Don't dig in your heels, be open, be flexible! :)

Cerise
01-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Hello, ladies.

HELLO, FROGGER!!! Yay, Tadpole Sydney's doing well, Mama Frogger is happy, all is well in our Queendom. Pictures, pictures, pictures (and not just of Beloved Sydney, if you catch my meaning, ma'am)!

Ugh. Last evening I spent a great deal of Ramon's time moaning about how miserable I am, then went for a potty break, and remembered (on the toilet, in case you're interested :rolleyes: ) that I was almost certainly experiencing PMS last weekend. That accounts for the irritability escalating into rage, I guess. Ramon, when I explained it to him, gave no visible reaction, which usually means that he's mulling over the gross unfairness of the cosmos that his wife becomes a shrieking harpy once a month and is only marginally to blame. And that she only ever remembers that it's time after she has descended into harpy-ism and he has endured it and the inevitable weepy, self-hating aftermath. Poor Monchis. Hey, at least I have a good reason for having lost my bloody mind. He mildly suggested that I start marking my harpy time on a calendar so it doesn't take my by surprise EVERY MONTH. Wow. I shake my head...

Eydie, I still have my holiday tree up, ornaments and all. Think I'll start contemplating packing up the trimmings tonight.

Love to all, and moaning session officially over. For this month. :s:

Punkinseed
01-11-2005, 07:30 PM
'Tis I, Punkin' of the Realm of the Long Lost and Missing...

Sheesh, what a crazy $^(&#$(*& last few months it's been... Here I swear I'm back to stay and what do I do? Disappear!

First off, THANK YOU all oodles for the Christmas cards! I needed the cheering like crazy and seeing your handwriting showed me just how *real* we all are, even if we're little names on a screen. I've missed you all!

In a nutshell, what happened: We ALL got sick, majorly, extremely sick. My stepfather got carted off in an ambulance at one point because he couldn't get off his oxygen long enough to be driven to the ER. 3 weeks out and he's still on the oxygen, but doing better. My mom and I are still coughing and blowing after 3 WEEKS! At one point I was sleeping 10+ hours a day. Thank the Gods for internet shopping or Christmas would've been a total bust.
All this was followed by a massive implosion of the group that I've been celebrating Sabbats with - my email program should literally be smoking by now from the quanitity of email - not to mention the number of phone calls. Of course I ended up being the "go-to" girl with people's concerns (I'm sure I was a counselor of some sort in a past life) and well, it's still a mess but I've decided they can all just cool their heels so I can start taking care of ME, for a change.
Then, one of my best friends dropped a bomb on me right before Christmas when she said she and her husband were divorcing. That threw me for a loop. She's been coming to me since I'm her only divorced friend that's still single. I've been trying not to relive my nasty divorce, but it's been hard to be positive with her when that's totally NOT what I experienced! She'll be fine though, of that I am sure.

Frogger, I'm SO happy to see you back and to read about little Sydney! Yes, pictures, we need pictures!

Cerise, I've missed you... I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, truly. There's nothing more heartbreaking than marital whoas.

Oop, the work bell's a ringin' and I've got to get to the post office! I shall return!

Your MIA Punkin'
(aka Terri)

Kaylets
01-11-2005, 09:43 PM
HEllo all!

System issues this am but am here now...

PUNKIN!! SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! so glad you are feeling better and well enough to update us! Hope you and yours continue to get better.....
Its lovely to have you here.

This is for all.... so no one feels left out.....
hmmmm... regarding holiday cards.... suffice to say....I'm still working on it...
Hmmmmmmmm

anyway--- its the end of the day already---have to try again tomorrow

Kaylets
01-12-2005, 07:33 AM
Hello all !

One of those mornings that started off w/ plenty of time but then DH and I started chatting and b/4 you know it, we're looking at the Body Challenge, other websites, etc, etc.... No matter how much time you have, somehow you will manage to fill it up even if its w/ little things....

Very much like me yesterday w/left over points at the end of the day....
Dogs needed to go out about midnight so what did I do while they were out there?? Yep, ate two apples --- interesting how the brain works....

Just realized a coworker has been a WW lifetime member who is rejoining because she gained some back...She is about 10 yrs younger but had to go thru the change o' life thing already due to some medical condition.... am going to ask lots and lots of questions about intake vs activity--- eating all points allowed vs minimal etc, etc... I really want to get to goal and then to lifetime... its doable and I just need to find the right combination....

So lovely to have so much of our royals in the palace... hope everyone is having a good mid week ....

Thought of the day :

"Class always shows."
---Kaye Letskus

Question of the day :

"How many open bottles of shampoo are in your bathroom right now?"

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
01-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Gray morning again but am very well rested. Had massage yesterday (gift from dh and a prereward dietwise). Have strung together a few good days (despite no pool as cold symptoms still hanging in) and am back at my pre-holiday weight, prettymuch.

So onward and downward. Greetings to all royals, esp. the :queen: of Friday who hath shown up on a Tuesday!

And I agree wholeheartedly with the quote from Kaye Letskus!!!

Arabella
01-12-2005, 10:44 AM
This is one of those fly-by "still here" posts. Struggling to get back on wagon, too much work (YES!!! Definitely related), etc. etc. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and lurking even if I don't manage a post. Love to all, thinking of each and every one of you...

frogger
01-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Good Morning all!!

Haven't gotten around to uploading any pictures yet. I've caught the intestinal bug that's going around here. I'm alright if I don't eat or drink anything. LOL :^:

It's good to see everyone back again. Now, if only I could lose the baby fat!!

My sad news today is that I have been breastfeeding exclusively for the past 3 and a half months. My wells run dry ladies. I get maybe an ounce out of the girls every day. I have tried everything. All of a sudden, the waterworks are shutting down and now must find a formula that doesn't give the baby terrible gas. Boo on mother nature! :mad:

SeeCat
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Well, yesterday I ate really poorly and have pretty much no flex points left for the week, but hye, at least I did not go OP so I am counting my blessings as it were. Today has been a hectic work day, but at least I feel like I am getting the important stuff done.

frogger - I have known a few people that happened to. One day they were just dry and that was it. I never thought about the formula/gas correlation.

QOD: one. DH and I agree on shampoo type so there is no need for more.

I guess I should work rather than complain about work.

molly

deleted2
01-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Here it is, mid-January and I've got all the windows open. "Unseasonably warm" is putting it mildly. It's been lovely but I hear that the party's over this Friday and winter's back. Suits me--this weather is freakish!
I had an emptionally draining day yesterday. I was coming home from work midafternoon and a deer leapt out and slammed into the side of my car. [Yep, the one that was looking so good since the bodywork from my accident in November.] Huge dent in the passenger door, but no other damage. It all happened in a flash--I thought it was coming onto the hood! I looked in my rearview mirror and it seemed okay. That is, it bounded away and moved normally. I really hope it's okay--it was a big buck. Speaking of big bucks, I don't think that we'll be turning this into our insurance--we'll just have to eat this repair. Who knows, maybe the dent can be pulled out.
A year ago, I would've felt 'screwed' and put upon, but now I just take it as life stuff and am profoundly grateful that it wasn't worse. So it goes....

Punkin!!!! :D We've all wondered about you a million times--so glad you're back! Hope you've seen the worst of your sickness and sorry to hear about the 'implosion'. Is it redeemable? Please say yes. It's just hard when humans get together. All those personalities.

Anagram, how was the massage? Did you feel all 'boneless' after? Any more tai chi classes? Such nice gifts!

Thanks for checking in, Arabella! I've been wondering about you.

Kaylets, I'm, ahem, "late" with sending out my holiday cards too, so don't feel alone there! I had such good intentions too. Really enjoyed the cards I got from the queens this year. Don't be surprised if you get an Xmas card from me in March! Hey, I'm always harping about extending the holidays anyway!

Frogger, the human body is so fascinating. I'm amazed at what the female body can do. Grow a sprout then nourish it after--it's miraculous! Sorry to hear the well's gone dry, Ma! Could it be a fake-out? and maybe you'll start poducing again?

Think I'll stroll over to Amarantha's place and see what's shakin' there....

Wildfire
01-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Flyby for me, too. Sybil the psycho boss booked the audit for January 24th....THREE WEEKS to close December, close the year, and prepare the auditors' package. INSANE! Been working through lunches, staying late...and when all is said and done it won't even be appreciated.

Mover-Guy was in tonight to give us a quote on relocating our stuff to the new house. Worth every penny not to have to deal with loading/unloading a truck ourselves. The move is booked for Feb 21.

Cerise and Ramon, glad you discovered the reason behind the discord. Have walked THAT path many a time. :)

Momma Frogger, good to see you back! Yes, pictures please!

Was that a Punkin I saw? :mag: Sorry you've all been so sick! That's really too bad about your group. You seemed to enjoy it so at first.

Hello to Kaylets, anagram, ceara, Eydie, wsw, SeeCat, Amarantha, Arabella, and all! Much to do and running out of day! :wave:

Kaylets
01-13-2005, 07:05 AM
HEllo all!

My "row" hosts snack day at work today... one of the ladies suggested we do a breakfast since there has been so much food the last few weeks in the office. I tried a WW's quiche --- DH and I had a tiny sliver to make sure it was tasty enough --- now its just getting it to work.... Its in the reicpes here on the site-- its crustless-- I eliminated the blue cheese and used mozzarella instead of parmesean but as I said it is tasty...

Otherwise--doing pretty good w/ the program-still need to find ways to get more activity in... seems to be my big challenge now that I've gotten so much better at journaling....

Thought of the day :

"Keep It Simple, Sweetie"

Question of the day :

" What is the difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
01-13-2005, 07:06 AM
Got these from a friend at work and thought they were worth sharing, so enjoy!

A group of professional people posted this question to a group of 4 to 8 year olds. "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

When my grandma got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandpa does it for her now all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love. - Rebecca- age 8

When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouths. - Billy- age 4

Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving Cologne and they go out and smell each other. - Kari- age 5

Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French Fries without making them give you any of theirs. - Chrissy- age 6

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired. - Terri- age 4

Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK. - Danny- age 7

Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. - Bobby- age 7 (wow!)

If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate. - Nikka- age 6

Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday. - Noelle- age 7

Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well. - Tommy- age 6

During my piano recital, I was on stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore. - Cindy- age 8

My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night. - Clare- age 6

Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken. - Elaine- age 5

Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford. - Chris- age 7

Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day. - Mary Ann- age 4

When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. - Karen- age 7

You really shouldn't say "I LOVE YOU" unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget. - Jessica- age 8

: ) !

Amarantha2
01-13-2005, 10:51 AM
That's sweet, :queen: K! May I suggest we all post our own answers to "what love is ..."

I'd say love is when your dog follows you around the house wherever you go even when there's food in her bowl. :)

SeeCat
01-13-2005, 12:36 PM
So, I had a bit of an adventure yesterday. The weather here has been fairly mild (below freezing, but not too bad), but over the next couple of days it is going to get down to -25. So, I came home yesterday and there was a small grey cat on my doorstep. He was a very handsome cat, but had clearly been roughing it for a while becuase he had a shaggier winter coat. It was not one of my cats, who are indoor cats, but he thought he was mine. I petted him and then went inside. He tried to come inside as well, but I have three cats and they do not like stranger cats at all. It was snowing at the time and I was a bit worried, so about twenty minutes later I checked outside again adn there the cat was. I went out and picked him up and he had melted little paw prints into the snow on the doorstep. He purred very loudly when I picked him up, and clearly he thought he was at home, so I brought him inside and put him in the bathroom so that my cats would not freak out. I knew that I could not leave him outside becuase the weather was going to get deathly cold. So I called everyone I knew and all of the no-kill shelters and had no luck. Finally a friend of mine called and said that her sister would take him adn had been thinking about getting a cat for a long time. They came and picked him up and it was love at first sight. Aparentlly he slept in the car all the way back to her place and now they are fast friends.

anagram
01-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Howdy, Royals. What a sweet little story, See Cat! and I like your definition too, Empress.

Tai Chi tonight and then still four more classes, Eydie. This massage felt great (last one had not). If I use gift certificate just for massages, there'll be about six more of those but I'm thinking of maybe at least one pedicure. It's been a while.

All holiday stuff packed up, just a few more knickknacks to put back in family room - or not. May do some rearranging.

Two painters here today to give estimates for bedroom, one coming tomorrow. Want to get this done pronto. DH's bloodwork results show still more bad news. Food been pretty good but can't rule out a stress binge at some point. He must do yet another test - dialysis looking closer every minute. Want that room done in his favorite color if he'll be doing home dialysis there. Will get cable put in there too. And whatever else I can think of to make it as comfy as can possibly be. As for what love is - well, today he told me what bothers him about all this is that I have to be involved with it. Involved? I'd rather it be me - and I know he'd be right there "involved" for me.

Took a dampish walk around the neighborhood today just because it's to get colder starting tomorrow. Princess Royal and Eight and Four supposed to be coming tomorrow. DS and DSIL both in CA this week.

deleted2
01-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Sweet story, SeeCat---and it makes me assume your screen name have something to do with your love of cats? Like SeeCat and love it? ;)

Loved your definitions of love, Amarantha and Anagram. I'll have to work up one of my own....

Cerise
01-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Hello, darlings.

PUNKINSEED!!!!!! All I have to say about your return is this: :love: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :hyper: :grouphug:

I'm so glad you're back, but horrified at the glut of Very Hard Things you've had to go through in the past several weeks. Are you...doing OK? Taking care of yourself, I see, always good. Good. So, you're back home in the castle (it's powder-blue Baroque this time - blame Kaylets. I kind of like it) and in relatively good physical and mental health. Good.

Aw, SeeCat! You're a wonderful, caring, sweet human being. You've warmed my heart so much today with your rescue of darling Mr. GreyPants. I am SO impressed with you right now.

Anagram, you too have entered my pantheon of Wonderful Women Who Most Certainly Know What Love Is. I am so proud of you and the way you're arranging things, and so glad to read as always of your kind relationship with DH. :grouphug: Sending good vibes for his health...

Amarantha, I love hearing about your Old Dog.

Love Is: for me lately, Love is learning to listen without giving advice, without thinking about what I'm going to say next, without letting my own opinions and beliefs color what I'm hearing.

Kaylets, great story! Thanks for sharing it. I got a good laugh and a couple of wows out of it.

Wildfire, Sybil sounds not well. Not well at all. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not the only one who becomes the Crazed Banshee from time to time. It's a big relief to hear that, believe me. :^:

Man, Eydie, I'm glad you're OK! That must have given you a good jolt of adrenaline. I'm glad the buck's OK, too, and that you're better able to process misfortune. That's really major - any books you might recommend? Your poor car... :(

Frogger, I'm so sorry the well has dried up. Sydney's probably sorry, too. Is she transitioning OK from breast milk to formula? I'm really glad you breastfed her for those three months, honey.

Arabella, thinking about you, too, dear. Take good care of yourself, darling.

All right. Off to the therapist this afternoon to debrief about this last week's relationship debacle. Ramon and I are doing OK again and I've gotten some real epiphanies about getting one's head out of one's...bottom...that I'll write about later. :D

Luv to y'all,

Kaylets
01-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Hello all!

Weather is quickly changing this morning. It is pouring sheets of rain as the temperature drops --- the weatherman says the temp has dropped 10 degrees in the past hour....

Tried to cram too much in last night-- wanted to go for haircut/highlights but then I realized that I'd be risking the hairdresser stressing too as it really was getting close to 7pm.. and I still handt eaten dinner...
I decided sf ff pudding would be a good dinner... 8 pts worth... as it was 'setting up ' in the fridge, I realized that I didnt want THAT much pudding and if I was willing to do that to squeeze the hairdresser in, I was stressing...

So, decided not to go .... I have dinner w/ friends tonight and wanted to look amazing but truth be told.... if I wear my smallest slacks, they are going to be amazed anyway...

and ... I ate 4 pts of pudding and POURED THE REST DOWN THE TOLIET!!!

TA DA!!!

Thought of the day :

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Question of the day :

"Do you enjoy shopping?"

Hmmmm....not to self, its not only the Vit C but also magnesium that doesnt set well on an empty stomach..... hmmmmmmm

KETTLE IS ON!

PS CERISE-- No, my dear, it is NOT just you--- welcome to the female species--- and isnt being suprised every 4 weeks part of the fun????

: ) !

ceara
01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
No Kaylets! The "fun" is never knowing when the fourth week is to be!!! My ObGyn sez I'm in menopause but my body keeps giving him the raspberry...this time it was a Sept-Dec gap.

It's Friday guys!!! I'm not going to breakfast, but I'm a thinkin' on just what I want to accomplish today. May have to get out the boat to do it though...rain rain, and really big ditches...the water isn't running off too quickly. At least the mud should freeze today! And the sun is sorta maybe out.

SeeCat...the guardian saint of lost cats...way to go!

Need to mosey..:wave: to all! Keep safe!

Ceara

Punkinseed
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
Good mornin' all and Happy Friday!!!!!!!! :D

HI EVERYONE!

All's well 'round these parts. Cold though, very cold! Supposed to be in the single digits this weekend.... Brrrrrrr...... I can always tell what season it is by how many cats I wake up to sleeping on my bed - this morning I had all 3! They pin me in and I start having dreams about being tied up! LOL!

Frogger, can't sympathize about the well running dry as mine have always been used solely for aesthetic purposes, but with my neice we learned that all the formulas with extra iron just made her miserable. Might that be the culprit in your little tadpole? Good luck!

Hello SeeCat, nice to meet you! LOVE ya for what you did for poor kitty! We have a monsterous wild cat (well, he's let us pet him finally so he can't be too wild) that we've been feeding and recently we put a little cat bed out for him - on the cold mornings we've found him sleeping in it. :)

Eydie, OMG I'm glad you're ok after your deer encounter! I did have one roll into my windshield, about 5 years ago. I was driving a little car and she put a dinner plate sized dent in my hood, rolled into the windshield and over the roof. Thank the Gods she was ok, she just got up and gave me a dirty look... As for your insurance, it shouldn't go up, mine didn't, it's considered like an act of God or something - no fault. Unless of course your state doesn't care about stuff like that! Just thankful you're ok, it could've been worse, people out here have been killed by hitting deer... :o
~ As for the implosion... we're like a phoenix baby, what's becoming out of the wreckage that is now my women's group is going to be 10x better than it was before! We're meeting for sghetti and a long chat tonight at my house to see where our plans will take us!

Anagram, I'm so sorry to hear that DH isn't doing as well as he had been. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love so dearly deal with something that you're powerless to help with. I hated that feeling of powerlessness when my mom was sick. You're in my thoughts and sending a cyber hug.

Kaylets, bravo you for dumpin' the puddin'! I'm impressed.... What you posted about What is Love had me almost in tears! There are so many ways to express love, but when the description comes from kids it just makes your heart warm!

Cerise, my sistah from anotha' motha'! Kaylets painted the place powder blue?? It *does* have a little French Renaissancey feel to it. Feel like I should be looking for Boneapart under the tables! :lol:
Getting personal here.... In regards to your monthly visit to psycho-land, have you ever considered Depo Provera as a form of birth control? I ask, because I've been on it for almost 8 years and I haven't had a period since - no PMS, no sore boobs, nothing. For me it was the best option to treat my migraines that were triggered by hormone fluctuations, but it's knocked a lot of other things out too. Might be a thought????

Well, guess that's all for now. Smooches all around! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Peace, Love & Cookies,
Terri

SeeCat
01-14-2005, 06:49 PM
It is wicked cold today and I am having a very hectic work time. This is my first break all day and the day is almost done. Plus everyone else left the office hours ago, but I still had all manner of urgent-must-get-out-today type work, so here I sit. But hey, MLK day is Monday, so I get the day off. The past couple fo eyars I have volunteered for Habitat for Humanity on MLK day (it just seems kind of fitting) but this year I think I will be babysitting which is not a bad thing.

The kitty is adapting well to his new home from what I hear. I am a sucker for cats. I ahev three now and am always tempted to have another, but I am just on the verge of "cat lady" if you know what I mean, and I think one more would put me over the edge.

One of my coworkers is on Depo adn loves it, but her planned parenthood person said that they are not going to recomend it to new people becuase of the bone loss issues that it has. So depo is good but you have to be very conscentious about taking calcium supplements.

kaylets: dumping pudding is so epic in my book. you are now a food conquering superhero in my book.

well, crud. back to work.

molly

Kaylets
01-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello All!

HERE WE GO SATURDAY, HERE WE GO!

Wow, that really echoes through the courtyard doesnt it??

Q O'Friday, glad to see you ! I too, have been thinking in terms of the Phoenix and how so many times, if we hadnt been forced by circumstance to make a change we would have never learned a better way of doing things....
yes, very true....

Seecat-- I too, could easily be the neighborhood animal lady-- not cats because DH is extremely allergic ( although I have left food out for some wild cats !) ... If our house/yard was bigger I am sure I'd be sorely tempted to have more dogs.... you have done a good thing in more ways than you realize...

In fact... Mr Dyer ( cant' think of his first name) and Deepak Chopra both talk about how even just watching an act of kindness has been proven scientifically to raise serotonim levels and make the onlooker feel good.....
Makes you think twice about "no man is an island" etc .....

Anagram: How is the room redo going?? Great ideas about having everything as comfortable as possible.... Just yesterday, a coworker was talking about her pediatrician's office having a well kid's waiting room w/ toys and a sick kids waiting room w/ an enormous fish tank ..... that fish tank sounded so soothing....

Ceara: Oh yes, I can relate! lots of "symptons' especially the bloat that the scale sees but more and more the past few years, its only symptons....
and then, full force just like when I was 16 !!
Have you tried Black Cohosh??

Cerise: Yes, lots of ladies I know have found that magnesium and/or calcium and/or Niacin helps keep them from that descent. Myself, personally, I tend to become very emotional and am really helped by magnesium and calcium... I take magnesium supplements and always get at least 2 servings of dairy in a day.
No matter what I've tired, there still is at least one day pre that I am so tired I cannot keep my eyes open.... sometimes 2-3 days like that....

Wood Nymph: How is the cold now?? Hope you are feeling lots better....
Are you still writing the horoscopes?

Frogger: Again, our bodies are sometimes on a completely different wavelength.... Sounds like all you can do is hope the Princess does well w/ formula... Nursing 3 mos is a big plus... I know lots of ladies who can't nurse and be glad for the 3 mos.... Does the Princess sleep much?

WSW: Big hugs coming your way !! You know we are all sending warm greetings and positive thoughts to your kingdom! ;)

Eydie: Over 100 days! You are my hero!~
Would you count honey as a sugar? For me, honey is a borderline trigger .... makes my brain smile but I have minimal cravings afterward....
And, how is the Pilates class going??

ooppppsss--- all of a sudden, my system says "fatal error"

Let me hit post b/4 I am lost...

HI EMPRESS!

deleted2
01-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Kaylets, the way I've woked it out for myself is I can have sweets as long as theyre whole grain and sweetened with maple syrup, rice syrup, barley malt, fruit concentrates, some honey, etc. I still consider the natural sweeteners 'sugars', but this is the deal I've cut with myself for now. The natural sweeteners don't give me that crazed "more, more!" feeling that white sugar does.

Amarantha2
01-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Yo, it is Wayne Dyer, :queen: K. I like him, not so much for his latest stuff but I found a very, very old book of his last summer in a thrift shop in one of the little towns where I work. It was like fate had put it there as I was very upset that day because of the job (when aren't I upset about the job?). The book wasn't like the ones he does now that are kind of spiritual ... it was purely a self-help pop psych book (I believe he's actually a psychologist, not sure about that), but it was very hard-edged about how NOT to be victimized by other people (something I felt at the time that I was allowing to happen). One of the recent quotes I've heard him say on the PBS specials that I like is: "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change ..."

Anyhow, :queen: E, I pmd thee and kind of posted about this in the land far far away ... I've decided to continue my usual diet and exercise (NOT the bingeing, of course) rather than try to do any other programs ... hope to keep talking with thee as it's been very enlightening ... see ya (virtually speaking) ...

Wsw ... yes, sending good vibes thy way.

Cerise, hope all's well ... thanks for mentioning Old Dog ... she's my little girl, even at her rather advanced age! She's snoring now.

To all, mentioned and unmentioned, I need to get off this site before it shuts me out ... my computer doesn't like it ...

Feeling somewhat troubled by stuff today ... work mostly ... gotta work all day on the paying writing tomorrow ...

Posted some stuff elsewhere about my self-portrait ... I painted myself on a scale, smiling because I'd (fictionally) reached 135 pounds ... I hung it today ... really love it ... someday ... :)

Cerise
01-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Hello, darlings.

I'm in Spokane tonight (across the state from Seattle). I drove over to surprise my Mom with a visit - her 63rd birthday is Monday. The drive over was COLD, exacerbated by the fact that I locked myself out of my car at a rest stop where it was 10 degrees. Since I let my AAA lapse, (damn you, Cerise, DAMN YOU!!!!!) it cost me $150 to get someone out there to open my car. And I would've frozen my butt off, except the nice people giving out free coffee and cookies at the rest stop let me huddle in their kiosk whilst I waited for the locksmith to come and fleece me.

I'm grateful, over all, that money and time are the only things I lost today. Watching the celebrity telethon (I'm still on a Stevie Wonder/Annie Lennox high) for the tsunami relief reminded me that there are people in a much tighter situation than I.

Eydie, you and my therapist are doing wonders for my frame of mind. Maria (therapist) has shown me by example how negative I can be so much of the time and how right-thinking can truly, truly change your circumstances around. If it weren't for her and your deer-hitting-car story, I would have undoubtedly sunk into a morass of misery this afternoon, but instead I, through unfortunate circumstances, got to meet four wonderful people (the coffee/donation people), a marvelous propane heater and a nice tow-truck driver (who apologized at least ten times for the fee his crazed boss charges). And my mother feels very loved today, I know. Anyway, today was a good day, despite the bumps my checkbook and frozen fingertips sustained. Thank you for your good example, darling.

Anyway, no time for posties, I regret to inform you. Though I read through the posts and smiled at each of you in turn, I'm going to hopefully do a proper reply tomorrow, when bed isn't calling my name so stridently. It's just me and Mom and Dad's cats tonight - Ramon is in Seattle working this weekend.

Have a lovely night, ladies.

frogger
01-16-2005, 02:45 AM
Kaylets-Yes, she sleeps really well. 10 hours at night and a couple of naps during the day.

Punkin-I guess maybe it could be the iron. We're using a "Lipid" formula w/ara and aha or whatever it is. I'll have to talk to her pediatrician about it to see what she might recommend.

It's almost 2am here and I can't sleep. Don't know what the heck's the matter!!

Kaylets
01-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Hello all!

Stayed up late last night as my absolute favorite, Figure Skating was on and I saw Michelle Kwan set another record. She has now tied the record for the most American National Titles won by a woman. Can't help but wonder if she will try to top that too next year. She was not satisfied w/ her performance although it was head and shoulders above the competition. I am just an avid fan but I was disappointed too... It was obvious she wasnt comfortable and the routine was not "hers"....
Made me think about how the only way she could've tied this record is by winning 8 National titles... Which would take 8 yrs.... of winning.... and setting new goals .... finding new motivation and inspiration.... keeping an eye on the prize but focusing on the moment and what is happening now....

Hmmmmmmmmm.......

Frogger!! glad to see you but if you're losing sleep I hope you are catching up on it now... as for the Princess, that is amazing that she can sleep so long w/o getting hungry! Wow! I wonder if that's where it all begins... when we are that small....

Cerise!! YIKES!! Sounds like me ! One time I closed the door and just as I heard the click, I saw my pocketbook with the keys in it still IN the car....
But it certainly wasnt anywhere near that cold... nor expensive ....
You're a sweetie to suprise your Mom for her bday... do you have any other suprises in store for her???

Empress-- Althought unannouced, I am going to pay a visit to the land far away...

In fact..... might go do that now......

Or after I fix some tea....

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
01-16-2005, 06:15 PM
oh,yikes, I posted long and lost it. What a way to change my mellow mood!

Anyway, I had said I was waking from a long nap. Brought on, methinks, by a physically visit from Four and Eight over the weekend. Waiting for it to snow - supposedly we have now set a record for our latest "first snowfall" ever.....

Kaylets, I'm an iceskating fan too but apparently not nearly as avid. Eydie, I must have missed the deer posting. Glad you're ok. I think I was sleeping for Frogger. Glad little princess is a good sleeper. So much easier then to enjoy her wake times. Hope you got the paying work done today, Empress. And Seecat, nejoy the day off.

I think there was more but, as you all know, the second time around, it's hard to recapture it all.

anagram
01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Brrr! Cold here this morning, some light snow. Going to pool anyway - brave girl! All else quiet - as is the palace, it seems!

Kaylets
01-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Hello all.

Have been playing "Beat the Trash Pickup " -- mostly w/ DS 's room.
Cannot express to you how horrid that room was left. Why someone would fill drawers full of cigaratte butts, ( 100's of them) food trash, etc, etc.... And yet, bottles of body spray, febreeze, eyedrops, etc, etc, etc...to mask the odor? from us? him?
If you were going to smoke/ drink/use in secret why would you leave so much evidence behind...Especially when past history has proven more than one parent has come in and gone thru things...
Although I will admit, DH had been doing most of it lately and he admits he would just stick his head in and look around....

I couldnt bear to trying to save dishes, glassware, flatware... couldnt stand the thought of doing more than just picking it up and tossing....

Sounds like the trash man just got here...

Ah well, I guess I could've gotten more out there but I do have other things to get done today....

Thought of the day:

"Sometimes we want to fold up our dreams and put them away.
Then, from somewhere inside, there comes a song of courage and we know we can never give up."

Question of the day :

"If you had to guess, how many times a day would you say you wash your hands?"

Think I might make some soup.....

Hmmmm

HERE WE GO MONDAY, HERE WE GO!~

Kaylets
01-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Hello all!
Scale went UP last night.... obviously water gain... I had a can of soup Sunday, drank lots and lots of Crystal Lite, and also feel plenty of other symptons that TOM is having a early appearance....

Also, didnt eat nealy any of my extra Flex pts and none of the activtiy points ( although those were only 1-2 per day) ....

SO...

All I can do is go forward.... and maybe eat some more??

Ok, I can do that... came home and had 3 servings of airpopped popcorn, apple, serving of oatmeal, all AFTER dinner....

Ok.... crazy combo but those were the refreshments at last night's pity party...

It's brutally cold outside....Need to get the car running and dress in layers....

Thought of the day :

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
--- Albert Einstein

Question of the day :

"Name the musician you listened to last?"

KETTLE IS ON!

Amarantha2
01-19-2005, 03:38 AM
:queen: K!!! :wave: Really appreciated your visit in the land far far away ... hope you aren't offended that I started a new journal ... the THIRD since Sunday! Needing to tweak stuff ... having health crisis.

Crystal Lite really acts to retain water so that's probably the reason your scale didn't cooperate. No worries! :)

Amarantha2
01-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Warning, long and completely OT Old-Dog related saga: Well, maybe not completely OT. Since I am really no longer able to eat refined sugar and walk around with unbalanced blood sugar (health care crisis previously mentioned), I realized I needed to go back completely to whole wheat only status, which for some reason I'd abandoned in the past few months. I was desperately ill again last night returning from mountains and hungry so when I reached a grocery, I stopped and bought 100-percent whole wheat bagels (you always need to check the label as they try to fool us ... calling things whole wheat when they aren't) and peanut butter and ate a small amount of this in car ... got home and placed the bag on counter, dealt with all pets and lay down on couch, dimly hearing pets rooting around a lot but fell asleep before I could do anything about it. Woke up an hour or so later and Old Dog was standing right over me (she's a LARGE and elderly dog, not given to jumping on me) with HALF of the bag of bagels in her mouth, which she dropped on top of me, with much grins, excitment and wagging of tail. Bag had lots of tooth marks on it, half the bagels missing. She kept standing there grinning so I told her she was good to bring me the treasure she'd found and gave her a piece of bagel. Then she hopped off the couch and I saw her pick a bagel up from the floor. She proceeded to root around all night hiding and rehiding the bagel she had ... she put in on a chair, in the bedroom, in the exercise room and various other places. At intervals she came and slept on the floor next to me and kept looking up to see if her treasure was there ... she seems to have forgotten it today, which is good as I don't want her to eat it ... but I don't know where it is ... oh well.

Going back to bed now. :)

Kaylets
01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Hello all!

Empress-- Old dog sounds like she'd fit in perfectly here--I have one who likes to hide the bread/bagel-- another who would find it and eat it asap...

Its amazing how they become a part of our lives .... the connection is really beyond my limited vocabulary .....

Its still very cold but this morning also have snow w/ ice so I am off...
to survey the kingdom.
hope everyone is doing well...

Thought of the day :

"Think you can, Think you can't, either way, you'll be right."
-Henry Ford

Question of the day :

"When is the last time yo updated your resume?"

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
01-20-2005, 08:06 AM
Yo - cold and miserable here too, Kaylets. Brrr! Empress, I like your new ticker. Reminds me of how far you've come. Huzzah!

Medical things have been foremost here. Dh being tested, retested, waiting.......Lookslike his numbers are all going bad and he's pretty much accepted dialysis is about here. Just a matter of hearing it from the doctor's (nurse's) mouth and getting our marching orders. Then Monday his "cold" started reappearing, mostly a small cough, then Tuesday a bigger cough. Yesterday (just after the doctor's offices closed, of course) I checked his temp and it was 101.8. So called both nephrologist and internist. Both were good about getting back to me (though both were the "on call" doctors not his own) and so last evening I trekked to the drug store for an antibiotic and must get him into internist office today while waiting also for test results. I was glad I had insisted on a front wheel drive when we got the car last summer. And I'm fortunate it's only a mile away but up and down hills and over a bridge, etc. Lots of slippery.

All else is on hold (though I've gotten five painting estimates in recent days and must make a decision there) - I feel like I'm hanging in by my very short fingernails. Not looking forward to Saturday storm predicted here either. Must call and reconfirm with snow shovelling kid as he didn't show for last night's work - maybe figured and inch and a half not worth the effort.

So still basically trying as much healthy stuff as I can fit in. But have been awfully "hungry" with all the stress.

ceara
01-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Mornin'! The Old Dog story is priceless...one of my girls is also very oral...she constantly has a toy or bone of some sort in her mouth that she is quite sure you want to have and will take away from her...even if it is the first trip to the bathroom for the human and the toy is well "loved" and soggy at that time! They are funny aren't they?

WI was up last night but the lady forgot to update my book so I don't really know any numbers. However I have started a journal over in the journal land on this forum and am quite heartened by the scales' movement down.

I have another tale OT...as the Empress sez, but is there really any OT for us? My daughter called me at work last night quite distraught. A pen had poked through her back pack at the U yesterday, unbeknownst to her and had blotted and scribbled all over the back of her 200 dollar winter coat shell. Of course it is pristine white...I never dressed her in white as a child because she is a dirt magnet, but she is 19 and will dress as she wishes. She'd done the hair spray thing and had laundered it in cold water...thank goodness.. but it was still pretty bad...looked kinda like a big blue pumpkin thing right over the butt area, center back. I began working on it with the hair spray...the problem was that the lining was transferring the ink back to the shell and you can't get in between the layers. She was going to go buy a new one today (!!!!!!!) so I got out the Lestoil. I figured what the h$%, the water proofing at that spot was already compromised! Well.... first the ink disappeared from the lining and the blurred transference spots and then I just worked at the 3 main blobs with alternating hair spray, Lestoil and sunlight dishwasher powdered soap. Two hours later, a blind man would be glad to see those spots...you have to know where to look to see them.

So.......resume. That would be 14 years ago...I hate changing jobs. The one I do I like and it pays well...if management would just stay in their tower and leave us alone it'd be perfect. Sigh.

Am off. Got stuff to do....ribbons to count for the show I think. The guys supering it wanna know what we have.

Make it a good day!

Ceara:wave:

deleted2
01-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Loved the Old Dog story, Am! You can really paint a picture! There's nothing like an old dog--I think they're as charming as puppies.

Kaylets, I haven't updated my resume in 13 years. I really do love my job now--I can see myself working there till I'm an old woman--God willing!

Anagram, very distressed to hear about your husband. I'll be thinking of you both and sending good thoughts your way. I can't imagine how stressful this is for you, but you're strong and in love and you'll handle it beautifully. You're such an inspiration to us. Please remember to take care of yourself, okay?

Ceara, I can't believe you got those spots out. I'll have to go buy a jug of Lestoil on your recommendation!

Bitterly cold here--I wish it would snow tomorrow. Garry and I have the weekend off and it would be nice to be snowed in.

Kaylets
01-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Hello all!

Anagram! Of course you are stressing......and trying to act as though not stressed in front of DH, I am sure....
so, yes....perhaps getting folks into paint would be a good idea as a distraction as well as someone you could let loose on!! Or perhaps w/ the forecast, perhaps not....

And yes, very clever to insist on the 4 wheel drive-- always thinking, you are my clever one.....

I am sending very positive energies your way.... For both you and your DH....
You know we are all here for you.... you are not alone on this journey...we are always here ... a safe place to vent...

and as for the hunger... this is in no way the same, but the bluetick had an emergency trip to the vet tonight as dh found her trembling and hot... ( which the vet diagnosed as a back injury plus the skin rash/infection is probably the old thyroid issue) AND the whole time .... I WAS STARVED... and when I got home I had to come and turn on the computer to avoid an all out food frenzy....

so if it was DH, I can only imagine...

So let me log my food today so I know what is what...

take care all...

SeeCat
01-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Slinking back into the palace in embarasement. I have had several really bad eating days, which coencide with high stress days. All I can say is: glug. I ate pizza and I do not even like pizza. I had fries and I have not touched fries since about september. The good news is that I feel like crap so I am not tmepted to continue, and the scale has not moved in an upward direction.

I loved the old dog story. It sounds like she was so proud of her gift to you. My cats are fond of people food as well, particularly crackers of all types. We have to put them up in the cabinets or they end up with tiny teeth marks in the wrappers.

QOD: last music - Robin Hitchcock's latest album. resume - three years ago maybe? round about that. I like my job, but sometimes I entertain the idea of leaving ti for something else. I really want to work for an arts orginazation or foundation, but I am not quite ready to move on yet, so no recent updates to the resume.

Well, speaking of which, I suppose that work beckons. Incidently, some day I will learn how to spell.

Cerise
01-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Geez - sorry to be out so much this last month!

I'm smug today because it's so lovely and warm suddenly here in Seattle. I feel so very sorry for the cold queens in the east, though. I had my own wintry adventure this weekend - drove to E. Washington to surprise my mom with a weekend visit for her birthday. We had a lovely time and I drove back on Monday, but the trip was **** all the 250 miles home to Seattle. Snow on the highway, freezing into ice, with freezing rain coming down the entire way. Then the mountain pass, where everyone was chained up and going 30 miles an hour. The 4.5 (normally) hour trip took me eight white-knuckled hours. I also had to get out every 30 miles or so and de-ice the windshield - a very alarming situation and one I was not at all used to.

So, I've spent this whole week feeling strung-out, exhausted, like I've been beaten with a stick. I also strained my already injured neck (been injured since I was 12) and have been in a lot of pain this week. And now I think I have a sinus infection. Oddly enough, though, I feel pretty OK over all, and I'm still really glad to be home safe in Seattle after that drive, even though it was four bloody days ago. I have a really slow recovery time, as you can see. I really need to start meditating again.

Anagram, I am also very unhappy to hear your news about DH. My dearest friend, I really don't know what to say to you except I love you and love your DH and am sending my most powerful positive chi waves to both of you. You're in my thoughts very, very often.

Amarantha, I love it when you give us little stories about your companions. I can just picture Old Dog's smile. I'm so distressed to hear about animal cruelty cases in the news; it's good for my heart to hear that you love your animals so very well. Thank you so much for sharing.

Kaylets, it makes me feel sad and good at the same time to hear of you clearing out your DS's room. Yes, darling, bag it up and throw it out. It's good for you, good for your soul. I pray that you'll do it and feel good for having done it.

SeeCat, sorry for your embarrassment, though you'll learn (if you haven't already) that all of us ladies could brobably top your story many times over. We've all done eathing things that we feel very stupid for. Why, even now I'm deeply regretting those last 3 bites of rice and beans I ate for lunch. In the words of Rev. MLK Jr. "...if you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk and if you can't walk, crawl." You're moving up the mountain, love, just like the rest of us, and everyone's pace varies. You could be a couch potato, moaning and doing nothing. You're light-years away from that.

Eydie, I love that you love your job! I love to hear that from people. It makes me smile in your case, too, thinking about that hellish co-worker of yore who made such a bang upon her leaving and I believe made you rather miserable for a while as a result, but look at you! You survived her malice and are still there, loving what you do! I'm so proud of you.

Ceara, you're astonishing. I hope your daughter knows how much you love her for doing all that. Is that cleaning stuff environmentally friendly, by chance? I've been busting my butt trying to clean the house with natural stuff, either "friendly" products I find at the store or just baking soda and elbow grease. I nearly wept last night trying to scrub the stains off my tub with just creamy cleanser and baking soda - who knew I could go through bleach and Comet withdrawal? :lol:

That reminds me, Eydie, don't you clean your house using products you've made yourself? Can you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE impart some recipes to me? I'm desperate...is salt too harsh a scrubber for porcelain?

Punkin, Frogger, wsw, thinking about and lovin' you, ladies. You're in our hearts.

I'm going to work now. Love to you all.

deleted2
01-21-2005, 05:32 PM
No need to be embarrassed, SeeCat! We've all had our moments of slinking back, believe me.

We finally have snow. Not officially and for real snowed in or anything, but we have the weekend off and may just pretend to be snowed in. It's lovely---one of those snows that clings to the trees and doesn't melt. Like our Xmas tree--which is still up, by the way! :D

Kaylets, how's your dog? We'll have to exchange pics of our hounds sometime--there's nothing like a hound. Our Jubal has gotten so fat this winter!

Where's Cerise? Wildfire? Wsw? Punkinseed?

Anagram, how are you today? Did you make it in to DH's appointment?

Cerise
01-21-2005, 05:40 PM
My dear Eydie, my tree is up as well. And I'm glad you finally have snow. I've officially driven through all the snow I care to see this year, thank you. :)

deleted2
01-21-2005, 05:55 PM
Cerise, we posted at the same time. Cosmic, eh? ;)

Yes, i've been using my homemade cleaning stuff---wanted to make the switch for New Year's and have been very happy with it. I haven't really researched it, but have been experimenting with potions of white vinegar and baking soda mostly. [Love that fizz!!! :D ] When I really want to go mad I'll throw in some essential oils for fragrance.
The only cleaner I've held onto is carpet spot cleaner---dogs and cats, you know. One thing that I really like is mixing baking soda and essential oil of choice and sprinkling it on carpets and couches, leaving for a while and then vacuuming it up. Much better than those carpet freshener things. I love using orange oil, or rosemary--my favorites. [And I must insert the warning to test on a tiny unloved corner of your carpet before using, blah, blah, blah...]
Oh my sister, I know how you suffer trying to clean your bathtub. Unfortunately I think in my fervor to clean mine in years past I've irredeemably scratched it and it always looks well, less-than-clean. Oh well.

Ooh, almost forgot! You mentioned meditation. Garry and I have managed to meditate every day this month. Lest you think that we're sitting there in total serenity, let me assure you that's not always the case. Sometimes I simply don't want to and most of the time I still can't rein my wild mind in. But we know it's good for us, and it's only 15 minutes and sometimes less, if I get to set the timer. :o

Amarantha2
01-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Day 6, no refined sugar, no white flour.

Sorry for the brevity, just had to share over here at the palace, now must go to bed.

ceara
01-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Way to Go Empress A! You and Eydie are my sugarless stars! Made it through yesterday....that was the one year anniversary of my DF's husbands' death....he was also a dear friend of mine and my husbands. I miss him. However no food for comforting...I just coped......played a lot of the computer game...can't eat or think much when doing that...Anagram knows what I mean...the veg-out zone.

Anyway. We had a lot of snow yesterday...BIG drifts in odd spots. Of course the wind was from the NE which is odd in itself.

Gotta go...the car is cleared but I think for the sake of my butt I will warm it up before I leave for church!

Ceara :wave:

Amarantha2
01-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Ceara!!!! :) I lost 1.2 pounds this week because of the new regime!

Sorry for brevity again ... have to work!

anagram
01-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Hello, Queenies!

Our storm wasn't as bad as predicted but we had a ball being snowed in! Like Eydie, I was looking forward to it. Could have gone out this afternoon but no reason to and dh still too sickly to try it - otherwise he would have. Must be a male thing. I'd stay in until spring if I could.

Kaylets, maps looked like you were hit hard. Dug out yet?

Empress, congrats on day 6!

Cerise, I just read on a thread somewhere that someone was reading a book called "Clean and Green" which was about "natural" cleaning products.

Yes, ceara, you needed the mindless time. Anniversaries are so bittersweet, remembering the joy of the friendship and sweet person and wondering why.

Ah, Seecat, thou can slink...thou must be slim & flexible. I can only barge.

Another fresh start day coming - hurrah!!!! Not dieting or being overly careful but relying on the reformed habits to carry me through. Was thinking in awe yesterday of what I might have eaten when snowed in in the past. That would have been a perfect excuse for yet another "party". Sigh......

anagram
01-24-2005, 08:06 AM
Brrr! Chilly morning in the palace. Bundle up, Kaylets!

So, it's Slimfast again this morning. My Monday ritual of commitment, so to speak.

This is the year, this is the week, this is the DAY!!!!!!

ceara
01-24-2005, 09:19 AM
Mornin' all...hope you've all dug out! Arabella, how are you...3 storms in a week! Argh!
Wildfire you must be getting ready to move! I knew you'd know what I meant Anagram...how is DH?

I heard on the radio this am that someone, somewhere has determined that today, January 24 is the most depressing day of the year...given holiday slump, credit card bills, weather and a bunch of other stuff....interesting I thought...

Gotta fly...got stuff to do today....just though I'd check in and say hi!

:wave: to all...

Ceara

Kaylets
01-24-2005, 09:42 PM
Hello all !

Hello all!

What a day! Full Moon Monday!
I just couldnt bear the thought of getting to the park and ride and dealing w/t the snow ... so Dh went w/ me to the park and ride to leave the car for later and then I DH dropped me at my job... We were short staffed and the phones were wild w/ calls about the tax forms sent out....
Then there was a bad,bad accident that tied up 95 for hours and getting home was a long story...

And it snowed again... so...

By time I got home, I was drained...
sore from shoveling yesterday...
stressed becuause it appeared I lost my cell phone in the snowy park and ride...

But tomorrow will be better...
I am going to be in moments, tomorrow's clothes are laid out, lunches/breakfast are either cooking or packed...
and I am ready for a shower and some bengay!

Take care all!

Here's a really good thought for the end of the day....
"Don't stop thinking about tomorrow."

Question of the day ;
"What's your favorite flower?"

/***************
And PS-- I love tulips too ....but even more so....IRIS....

Kaylets
01-25-2005, 06:44 AM
Hello all!

Let's try this again! Little more rested, little more time allowed, and expecting a little less....

: ) !!

Here's to a good day.... deep breaths and smiles!!

Thought of the day :

"Remember when being open minded, be careful your brain doesn't fall out."

Question of the day :

" Do you believe things get crazy during full moon?"

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
01-25-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, maybe things don't. but I do ;)

Sounds like your yesterday was awful. Mine not too great. Turns out dh does have pneumonia (xrayed Thursday - why worry about letting us know? - though he was being treated the same way). Must admit I'm a bit discouraged and he is more so. The problem is that he's always been my ***** board and/or my shoulder to cry on and I just can't do that when he's involved as he'd take it way too personally. I really was fine until we got that news and it hit me even though he's doing lots better than he was last week. Can't wait to lay it in the lap of the nephrologist tomorrow even though we suspect bad news. It's almost like it will be a relief to know where we're going next. I guess I should say relief for me - don't think dh will be relieved but maybe as his attitude seems good. But yesterday he had had enough of it all and I couldn't get him to go for a blood test wanted now by two doctors. He's been doing those for 13 years now and hates when they must be done more than once a month. And I really do have to do something to or for him just about every hour, it seems. Well maybe today or maybe I'll even suggest he wait until tomorrow in case Dr. R wants to order some more tests and then he can have blood drawn only once.

He's been sleeping in a recliner downstairs because of the drainage and I've been waking up WAY early. Not wanting to disturb him, I've been doing things up there that come low on the chore chart. Today it was his sock drawer (don't I have a fun life). But I've cleaned out all the cupboards in the bathroom, have my closet much more neat than usual, sifted through my greeting card stash in another bedroom. So at least I'm starting most days with a chore or so done before I start. Usually when I get up early I come down and do paper work so I'm behind on that but there's something about a neat drawer..........

Not bad foodwise but not good enough to lose. Libraried yesterday and got a tape on gigong(?). I'm liking the tai chi a lot but not remembering enough of the routines to do them at home very much so not getting as much out of it as I hoped. Hope to get to pool today but still up in air. I'm sure I will need an easy tape for here. Find it a great workout in class and am not as winded or anything as I would have expected. Just not coordinated. Also find I get through it without much overexertion/sweating, etc. as some much younger people there. Don't know if this means I'm not doing it well enough or if I've managed to get into much better shape than I think.

Just a little snow yesterday, a little more expected tonight. But it might get above freezing today. Hurrah!

Amarantha2
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Day 9, no refined sugar, no white flour.

Sorry about dh's health, Anagramatic ...

Would write a bit more but am needing a bit more rest ... went to gym and had run-in (yet again) with one of the early a.m. water aerobics ladies ... there are two classes in the a.m. that contain some particularly obnoxious women ... they get upset with each other and the other patrons a lot and complain ... mostly about clothing being left on benches (quelle crime!) or, conversely, if you go into a changing room (there aren't enough of them) to quickly change and someone else's clothes are in there, that someone else invariably comes and swears at you because you are in HER room ... even though the rooms aren't anybody's and there's no other place to change ... anyhow, this lady has for two days informed me that "we aren't supposed to lock the lockers" ... I assume she meant overnight as there's a sign that says for day use only, bring your own lock ... now I DO use a locker overnight but I have permission from the owner to do so and have offered to pay ... three other people do so also ... but there are many, many empty ones all the time ... and I can't see how the woman could even KNOW how long I had it locked unless she monitored it 24 hours a day. I asked her if it were any of her purview and told her I had permission ... I shouldn't have even said anything back but ... anyhow, I just emailed the owner and asked that the signs be clarified ... I won't be using the gym unless I can keep stuff in there overnight ... I have work equipment to carry all the time and just can't deal with all the clothing changes, towels, soap, etc. ... I can't work out and go to work without a shower and fresh clothes ... is this unreasonable?

Sorry, I guess I was venting ... nine days without sugar, ya know ...

Cerise
01-25-2005, 01:50 PM
All right. Not quite in agony, but I have this fun head cold that's causing a great deal of sinus pain, so it feels like the end of the world to me.

Oh, dear Anagram. What a difficult time you're going through. I feel so deeply for you and your husband right now, though I had to smile at you getting up and rearranging your husband's sock drawer. Many thoughts and prayers go with you today. :grouphug:

Amarantha, perhaps you should have have let it go (almost never my way of handling things :rollpin: ) but I think you were perfectly right to defend yourself. Those ladies sound beyond toxic. How can they be enjoying themselves if they're schlumping around pointing angry fingers at various transgressions all the time? Geez. I think it's great that you worked something out with the gym managers that makes your life run a little smoother. Pay no attention to the martinets, darling. I think you're probably the most conscientious member there.

Gol-LY, Kaylets, what a day! I hope today's going a little more gently for you. Thanks for the reminder for the deep breaths...

QOD yesterday: I have no idea - I love all flowers like friends. I guess some faves would be frangipani, hibiscus, bougainvilliea (can you tell I grew up in the tropics?). I also love lilacs and lily of the valley. And roses.

QOD today: Mom says (she's a nurse practitioner working in the labor & delivery ward) that more babies are born by far at the full moon and that the psych. ward a floor above is always more full and much more active. Weird.

:wave: Ceara! I seem to remember you losing your DF's husband last year - didn't you tell us about the many wonderful dinners enjoyed with that couple? Maybe I'm losing my mind. Wishing you feelings of fond memory and healing sadness today - I haven't lost a close friend yet, so I really have no idea what it must feel like to mark a year anniversary of their death. In any event, I'm thinking of you today.

Eydie, thanks for the lovely tips on natural house-cleaning products. It's interesting to move away from a lot of brand-name products, to watch our household change over the years; from a lot of brand-name stuff to a lot of more obscure, more gently-scented products. Most households have a lot of scrubbing cleaners, tile cleaner, window cleaner, toilet cleaner, shower spray, bleach, body soap, dish soap, etc. I went and found some environmentally-friendly recipes on the web and most cleaners consist of a combination of the same stuff - lemon juice, borax, soap flakes, baking soda - this way sounds...nicer. And your added oils sound delicious. I found these wonderful people across the state who make the most amazing body soap in their kitchen for a little extra money - it's wonderful, rich stuff. And not very expensive. The must not have figured out that they can sell their soap for a killing. :lol:

Meditation. *sigh* I've got to get to that...

Anagram, thanks for the tip on that book. I'll check it out.

I read the most amazing book - devoured it in a day. Now I have to go back and read it more carefully. Anyway, it's called "What Dreams May Come". You may remember that it was made into a movie several years ago starring Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr. It's a book/movie about a man who dies suddenly and discovers that the afterlife is made up of what you fashion for yourself in this life, borrowing heavily from concepts of karma and sowing/reaping. The plot is that he is willing to leave "heaven" to go and save his wife from years of torment, but it's the ideas of what comes after that really grab you by the throat. I'm wondering if this wonderful book might not turn out to be rather...life-changing for me. I'll not go into the many reasons this book resonates so powerfully for me, but it's huge. And there's a pretty extensive bibliography in the back of research the author (Richard Matheson) compiled pertaining to the afterlife. So, there you go. What Cerise is reading and thinking about lately.

wsw, Frogger, Punkin, love to you and hope you'll check in soon.

Adios, lovelies.

deleted2
01-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Sincerely hoping that today was better for you, Kaylets! Don't know about more crazy things happening during the full moon, but last night I woke up and looked out and the moon was shining on the snow and it was beautiful, almost like daytime. Made me think of the line 'the moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow gave a luster of mid-day to objects below'. Now I know what that means!!! :) Alas, a sleigh and 8 reindeer didn't appear, but you can't have everything!

The other QOD: my favorite flowers are gerbera daisies--the red ones--because they remind me of cartoon flowers and always cheer me up. I try to drive this point home to Garry constantly, but he gets me roses. sigh.....Okay, who wants to be the first to kick me for complain about getting roses? :lol:

Anagram, be strong and steady. Keep breathing and know that we're right there with you.

Amarantha, you'll never figure people out---don't even try. You'll make yourself crazy. Look at you---going into week 2 without sugar. Did you ever think you'd see the day? Marvelous!

Cerise. I'm intrigued by "What Dreams May Come". Is the movie similar to the book? Haven't seen it yet. Don't you love it when somethign grabs you like that? How is the luscious Ramon?

Ceara, do you have those butt-warmer seats in your car? I think they are so cool! Now thats gracious living! :lol:

Kaylets
01-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Hello all!

Yes, now that the snow is in piles, the wind has gone and the temp so much closer to freezing, its easier to get around. In fact, last night, I even removed my coat as I was wearing so many layers I became too warm...
Now almost freezing feels downright summer like.....

Anagram-- Lots and lots of positve energy and prayers being sent to you and DH.... Your tape is the same breathing excercise my DH has been so interested in... lots and lots of spellings we discovered...

Empress... It is interesting how more and more, the only explanation for so many people's behaviour is that they are very, very unhappy..... Many years ago, a valued mentor pointed out to me that folks will find a "safe target" to act out how they'd really like to act at home.... Again and again, her words have come back to me ..... Am interested to see what the gym owners have to say.... Almost makes you tempted to say something to the finger pointer like this " Oh, but that sign is for you, not for the rest of us..." but then, in my experience, really dry humor is often unappreciated....
Either way, sounds as though these finger pointers don't have enough to do if they are keeping track of folks and their gym lockers.....

Myself, fell off tghe sugar wagon-- amazing, someone brought in salt water taffy and I just started eating it.... hmmmmmm.......

I am done now. Will have to totally ignore the remainder....

To everyone I didnt individually address... its only because of time... I still need to allow extra time but I'd much prefer to be here... I do have lots and lots of Tea for us all and by the way, have I mentioned lately that you are my favorite??

Thought of the day :

"Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Question of the day :

"What is the very last thing you read ?"

( Thanks for the question of the day inspiration Cerise!)

and my answer-- yesterday's NY Times-- I am the happy recyling recipient.... and so far, have enjoyed every issue I have been given....
Easy to read on the bus too...

KETTLE IS ON!

Kaylets
01-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Hello alll.........

Yes, second post of the day....

I realized on the bus nearly 30 seconds after I sat down that I didnt have my eyeglasses.... dug thru everything and knew for sure.... must have looked frantic as even the stranger next to me said "everything ok?"

called Dh who stayed home today who didnt see them anywhere ....
took the bus downtown, then back to the park and ride expecting to find the glasses right there on the car seat.

No... retraced my steps from car to bus enclosure...

No...

went back home....

Looked in all the usual places

No....

Did I mention that what I lost WAS the spare pair??

The other pair only has one lense... been looking for that lense since the summer.....

:p :o
Since then, I have called out ( I wear trifocals but the close work is what would have been impossible for me to do all day long.... )
I begged the supervisor to tell them I was sick, that I was too mortified to tell them I had lost my glasses .... she was lovely but I can just imagine....

Scheduled an appt w/ a brand new optometrist as its been over 2 yrs and the first one I called could see me at 11 am.... and then, have to go to the in an hour place.... I was thinking of a way I could white knuckle it for a couple days but DH insists I will not be able to make it thru, will wind up making lots of mistakes and besides .... I am not supposed to be driving w/out my glasses so IF anything happened btwn the park and ride and home,.,....

YIKESSSSSS!

DH is being very kind and agrees that yes I am a knuckle head sometimes but that perhaps this is a very royal thing to do...

I did want to cry and cry but got over it w/ some homemade oatmeal bread w/ honey on it... yes, I know....comfort by food but what can I do??

I know, could be worse, this will pass, etc, etc...

BOY OH BOY... I sure hate it when I do dumb stuff!

PS... Dh says I should remember the thought of the day and get over it....

guess that's why I married him....

Thanks for listening to my little drama

Kaye

ceara
01-26-2005, 12:55 PM
And then to add insult to injury, they will turn up Kaye! They'll be the spare pair again.

No Eydie..no butt warmer seats...I just meant I'd run the vehicle a bit and warm it up! It is less cold these past few days, but apparently we're going back into the icebox shortly.

Things have been quite busy here but I am still battling the battle of no-food after 7.....and winning! Ten days now...it was easy the first week but is harder each passing day...I am such a victim of habit and a prisoner of food! I love those carbs! English muffin, toasted with butter and peanut butter...ummm. Just so inappropriate at 10 pm. However, tonight is weigh-in and we'll see if my extreme sacrifices have paid off! I am sleeping way better though!

So gonna wander...since I read for a living...the last thing I read were 3 children's books yesterday for a programme at the library...heart-warming tales...as far as adult reading I just finished a first novel...Falling off air...t'was OK...took a bit to get into...like page 110, but I finished it. I'd read another of her books when she does one.

Have been nesting...piece-meal cleaning here and there...my son thinks I'm nuts...have re-arranged the furniture in 2 rooms now and am working on those "collection" sites in the house. Have a huge load of garbage to get out...just don't know where the huge green garbage bags are...they belong to DH and he's cleverly hidden them somewhere.......

Gonna go!

:wave: to all...how're you doin' wsw?

Ceara

Amarantha2
01-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Yo, sinus pain/allergy thingie here, too, Cerise ... think it's a reaction to detoxing from sugar and white flour ... Day 11 ... using the Sugarbuster's books as a semi-guideline.

Well, re locker, the gym owner's daughter (essentially the gym owner) with whom I trained for three years, emailed me that if anyone asks tell them I had permission, paid extra and please see the management with any queries re the use of lockers. The office person also told me today that she told the lady (who must have complained to her) that I had permission to use the locker.

Yes, actually, I hate to say this, but the ladies in those particular classes are toxic ... they are always fighting amongst themselves like they were in kindergarten. One swore at me once because my clothes were near hers and I brushed against her when I tried to get out of her way ... I sometimes hear them come in when I'm changing with the curtain closed and they're always gossiping and complaining about the situation of people laying clothes on the benches or other stuff ... one of them put a nasty sign up on the wall telling people not to lay their clothes on the bench ... "You are not the only one here," it said! :) The gym owner said it wasn't their sign, they would not put up anything that rude and people could lay their clothes wherever they pleased. Another time a lady pushed someone's stack of clothes off a bench into the water on the shower room floor ... some of the ladies said to me one morning that if I put my clothes on a bench next to another ladies (the other one being in the pool), that lady would pour water on my clothes as she did it to all of them.

Is this normal?

Actually, it goes on and on and ruins my gym experience. I wouldn't even go at that time except I have to get to work ... at the moment it's the only gym available, but that could change ...

Oops venting again ... sorry I'm not replying to anyone ... I read all the posts with interest but I'm just exhausted and sinuses hurt ... later, gators.

Kaylets
01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Yes Ceara--

You are absolutely right--

after spending the entire day resolving this issue ( and too much money !) ....

as DH was making dinner, he opened a lower cabinet to get a strainer and guess what he found .....
Yes....
Don't know for sure but they must have fallen out of my pocketbook when I picked it up from the counter and slid behind the open cabinet door as they dropped into the cabinet.....

so........

Guess I needed a reminder to slow down.....

anagram
01-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Ho! Up way too early again today. Crashed and burned after dr. visit yesterday including a long afternoon nap. So I don't think I'm actually short on sleep. Short version - dh will probably be back on dialysis within the next two months but not just yet. Gives us time to prepare a bit more. Main thing now is to get him past pneumonia (I know he had the p. shot - wha' happened?)

A little comfort eating again last evening. Him too but in that case it was sort of good as he had had no appetite for a while. Even though he can't eat much it's good to have an appetite.

QOD - Last book read was a Tony Hillerman mystery. I really enjoy his work - not just for the well written mystery part but because of how he explains the culture/lore/beliefs of the Navajo and other tribes.

Favorite flower - well, I too like so many. But the violet still wins, I think. Simple and unassuming and so delightful when you come across them hiding quietly in nature. Close runnersup - blue hyacinth and white lilac. I'm currently growing a white amaryllis which is about 14 inches high in two weeks or so. My own little bit of spring (courtesy of brother). Wonder if it's too early to try to force some forsythia. Maybe next week.

Kaylets,it was your earlier discussion of tai chi and gugong that renewed my thinking in that direction. So when I saw class offered........Tape seems easy enough to follow. Might try to talk dh into doing some breathing and abdominal health ones. Maybe! Class tonight. I like Andrew (coach) and I guess I shouldn't expect to be even semi proficient after only three classes yet feel so uncoordinated. Feel even that little bit has been good for me. If I sign up for next session, I can redo this session (being offered again) at no additional cost so that would be twice a week. Maybe by spring I'd have enough to go w/tapes. Or maybe w/ right tape after this session. One thing bugs me though. Andrew has said from the beginning that our last class will be a party "where we get to know each other on another level". Well, that's nice and all but if it's only to be six classes I'm not sure I'm into a "party" esp. since he stresses (and I do mean stresses) that we're to bring "baked goods". I still have one nut roll in the freezer and could take that so not wanting to bake isn't quite the issue. It's more that I want the time for physical activity (plus it works out to $12 for that class and I don't feel I need to pay for a party). Any tai chi experts out there who can tell me if this is part of the routine?

Thanks for all the kind words re dh. Don't mean to be harping on it - it's just so big a part of my life and another bend in that river to get past. Once it's accomplished, I envision a calmer lifestyle and lots of joy still to be claimed.

anagram
01-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Oh, Kaylets, that's almost too funny. A real reminder of the ironies that crop up. But now you do have the "spare" again. Does remind me too of an old PA Dutch saying - "the hurrieder we go, the behinder we get". Must remember too that slowing down is often faster or at least more efficient than rushing.

ceara
01-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Yes Kaye! :lol: I can't imagine losing my glasses only because since they discovered that I was practically blind in grade 2, I've worn them! I've actually caught myself pushing them back up my nose when I don't have them on! As a consequence I have a few pairs since I'm literally helpless without 'em.

Geez Anagram. Sometimes the knowing is easier than the not. You both are in my thoughts.

Glad to see the west coast contingent checking in........runny nose and all. If you were here Cerise, I'd be chasing you around with the bleach bottle! Seen that Kleenex commercial where the little kid can't get into the house? Just kidding...you'd be wearing a mask:lol:

Empress A...I hope those "ladies" and I use that term loosely, are not polluting the pool water. It sounds like their toxicity is just spewing from them. Kinda makes you look at the importance of things, eh? They need to get a significant life!

Oh Ara--bel---la! Are you dug out yet? Or is it EOM already..shoot it is! Time is flying.

Well, I have work this p.m. and a class tonight, so I think I will get back to some of those collection sites......I would be a dream Flylady make-over!

:wave: to all. Make it a great one!

Ceara

Amarantha2
01-27-2005, 09:59 AM
[color=blue]I'm also thinking of you and the situation with dh's health, Anagramatic, even though I don't express it much. I lurk every day to see how it's going. Stay safe.

This is a flyby again as sinus is still bad and I need to rest ...

Hah, Ceara, re polluting the pool water ... reminds me of another of their arguments with each other ... for awhile the members of one of the classes we're going on and on about one particular class member ... yes, I do have big ears for overhearing and noting conversations (I'm a reporter, it's our chief characteristic) ... they were saying that no one wanted to be in the pool when this individual was in there ... they complained to the management about her but I'm not sure why ... another time they were complaining that someone in the locker room was wearing, gasp, perfume!!!! They carried this line of controversy on for more than two weeks ... offensive perfume. They also harass the poor receptionist all the time that the pool is too hot, too cold or they don't think it's been cleaned ... like she's the one who should be cleaning it personally ... sorry, I'm harping on this ... it's the lack of cupcakes in my diet ... making me obsessive.

Re that, I'm wondering if it'd be cool if someone started a "clublette" here on the miscellaneous forum for people trying to stay off of refined sugar ... I know there are Sugar Busters forums here and on the land far far away, but those seem to be mainly associated with low carb dieting ... not the same thing. Maybe a "club" could be as simple as reporting how many days one has been off the stuff ... dunno if there'd be any interest in this and I'd be reluctant to be the one to start it as I start too many clubs and it probably annoys folks. Just a thought.

Later ...

Well, actually the last book I read was Sugar Busters. Hmmm. I need a life.

Arabella
01-27-2005, 12:32 PM
:wave: Did I hear my name? I'm in Boston for the semi-annual company meetings. It was fairly quiet when I arrived last Saturday morning and I enjoyed some peace the first couple of days, but since then it's been non-stop. Parties mixed into the meetings and dinners with people that I've become friends with but not a lot (none, really) of downtime. Between meetings and the weather, I haven't stuck my nose outside the hotel since Monday (although I have hit the gym pretty significantly -- where's that "patting self on back" smiley). This is really the first break in the action. I've got 5 hours free, going to go for a walk and have some lunch and then strap myself in and get a little work done. My apologies again for not responding textually -- responding in mind and heart, though, and sending those responses off to you, Dears! K -- off to walk before I conk out here instead.

SeeCat
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I have just finished some of the most incredibly busy work days, and managed to do so without losing my temper, even when the administrative assistant decided to run a disk scan when I stepped out for a moment and had a deadline in an hour. I just remembered when I had a job like that, took a few deep breaths and waited out the fifteen minutes and got everything done after the scan was finished.

Today I am taking ti easy. I was almost tempted to take the day off, but I do have stuff that cannot wait, it is just that it does not have the same ammount of tragic urgency and there are not so many epopel depending on it.

QOD: last thing that I read...well I like to get up a bit early in the morning and do a bit of reading, but I have the habit of reading alound when I am in the house by myself, adn my dh leaves very early (6ish) while I do not have to leave till 8:45. I read to the cats, who seem to enjoy it. Right now they are getting very smart becuase we are reading "The Education of Henry Adams" which is very enjoyable and works well aloud. I have never read it before, but I did read "Mont St. Michael et Chartres" in college and had a love/hate relationship with it.

anagram, I hope things are going a bit easier for dh. I suppose at least know what is wrong makes it easier to treat. Still, take good care of yourself.

Well, I suppose I should get back to work now.

deleted2
01-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Hugs to you and DH, Anagram. :grouphug: And YES! Lots of joy still to be claimed!
And I'd be kinda put off by the instructor blowing off the last class too. That actually happened with me and Garry once and it was just weird. Maybe he meant after the last class, I hope!

Hey, at least you found your glasses, Kaylets! ;)

Hi Arabella and SeeCat! Speaking of cat I'm dealing with a sick 19 year old now; hoping she has another miracle left in her!

Amarantha, the pool ladies sound horrid! Life's too short, don't give 'em the power. And please, start a no sugar club, I'll join! I'm on Day 131--but who's counting? :lol:

Cerise
01-28-2005, 12:22 PM
I'll be in a little later to post properly, but I just read this interesting article and thought I'd post the link while I've got it on my clipboard: http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100100247/?GT1=6065

anagram
01-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi, all. Awfully tired today, could hardly get out of bed. But made it to pool anyway and getting a lot of other stuff done anyway.

Yes, ceara and Seecat, it is better knowing (for me, anyway) because now I know what must be done and can start doing (I'm more a doer than anything, I think - I don't stew, I do- whether it's the right thing or not). DH says he's feeling better a bit today pneumoniawise anyway.

Wood Nymph, what a time to be in Boston!!! A new record snow for January and you're there in the midst. Still there are good things about staying inside.

Now I'm thinking Andrew might not be totally blowing off the last class, maybe just part of it. I ordered the tape he mentioned - convenient anyway as he'll bring it to class. If I sign up for the next (advanced ;) ) session, I can take the beginning as well for the same price so it would be a two hour session. Would it kill me? Have to think about that.

Well, off to finish dinner to take to a friend recuperating from surgery and time ours to be just done when I get back. Let's get out the abacus for this one.......

ceara
01-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Man oh man. I hit the bed at 8 pm and didn't leave 'til 7 am...was I tired! Don't know why, but obviously I needed the sleep. And the feather mattress is wonderful!

Nice to see you Arabella...hope you're having fun at the convention....they conjure up such bad visuals for me :s:

Anagram...how's things today?

Hi Cerise...am waiting with bated breath for your post...hope the head is clearing out! And where is ms wsw these days? Another Friday has rolled by without Punkin too...Wildfire...madly packing?

I started a journal over in the journal forum....it is a little weird...kinda like a thread instead of a journal per say. However, I have my entries all together on the notepad they provide. Thank goodness I'm not a prolific journaller :lol: However, the scale has been behaving now for 3 weeks ...prolly because I've been behaving and the two are a direct reflection right?...and I've lost the weight I put on after Christmas....I didn't sock any on until New Year's practically and then baby watch out! However since the 10 of Jan., I've been stellar...almost a saint...and so humble...and things are movin'...thank goodness.

So I'm off slowly...still a little groggy...must get to some oatmeal and then get the day goin'. More cleaning I suspect.

Ceara

anagram
01-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi, Ho, Ceara! Must have been the post full moon. My bed's seemed more comfy than usual lately. DH still has a cough despite Robitussin/codeine, not huge but not gone either. He did say yesterday he felt better than in ages. Have put off any discussion of dialysis steptaking until Monday, I think.

I'm looking forward to today as a catch up day. Haven't lost, or gained significantly which I consider a miracle in itself. Hovering in the same range as before the holidays.

DD/family having some major problems too so will call to give her support this a.m. I'm going to have to dig deep to do it. Not totally unexpected but, on top of other situations (hers and mine), not a lot left to deal with it. And, I suspect, it's going to take a lot. However, I don't think there's anyone else lining up to do it and I am her Mom so...........

Glad the sun is shining. Some snow to come tonight but then the next week looks almost springlike compared to this week. I timed my trip to bring in the morning paper to hit the sunrise and it was surprising how beautiful the cold trip down the driveway was. I took my good old time too and (except for the wind blowing up the nightie) thoroughly enjoyed relating to Momma Nature.

Kaylets
01-29-2005, 01:35 PM
Hello all....

Saturday just seems to be rolling along on its own....
been doing lots of little things-- Dh is very busily researching phone company options .... our celluar contract ends soon and he is interested in the best deal...

Deals, deals deals... I feel saturated with folks trying to get me to buy things...

Need a nap so I will be back later.

deleted2
01-29-2005, 01:38 PM
Looks like I'm getting my Dream Weekend. Lots of snow predicted and it's started already. It'll be dreamy as long as we don't lose electricity! :)

SeeCat
01-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Today has become the dreaded laundry day, and it is about time. It has been slow going, but progress is being made. I also just discovered that my cats knocked over my one survivng houseplant, but I have not cleaned it up yet. I am in denial. I am going to do it right after I put in another load of laundry.

So, when I started losing weight on WW there was a friend of mine who started at the same time. We were more or less the same weight. I stuck with the program till I transitioned into my own modified program. She stopped after about a week or so. So now she has gained about twenty pounds and is getting really depressed adn I just do not know what to say about it becuase she talks about it a lot. I want to be helpful without being patronizing, adn I want her to be able to feel good about herself regardless of whether she losing the weight or not.

At any rate, one of my smug cats has just settled in my lap with a very proud "I just killed your plant" look. Sigh.

Cerise
01-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Happy Saturday, dearests!

I have discovered the joy of kid's Band-Aids. I was hunting in the drugstore for Band-Aids (did I mention that I scraped a knuckle raw last week trying to scrub the stains off my tub?) last night and couldn't find a box of JUST knuckle bandages (dammit), so I decided to cheer myself up a bit and bought these awesome Spider-Man ones. Now my knuckle can convalesce covered in butt-kicking red and blue Webslinger Band-Aids.

My life seems to have been filled with small, silly pleasures lately...

FINALLY took down the tree last night - I make a big meal out of it, carefully dusting each ornament, wrapping it lovingly in old plastic bags and saying, "Ramon, say goodbye to our snowman angel" or "Ramon, say goodbye to our crystal icicle ornaments". Ramon is usually at the computer and replies, "good-BYE, crystal icicle ornaments - where'd we ever get those, anyway?" and so on. That's our routine. Then I pack them most carefully away. Ramon gets to rip off the lights and then cut the tree down into smaller bits to fit into bags for the dumpster or recycler or whatever. I'm sad the tree's down, but it was a major fire hazard and was looking sort of scruffy. Sorry, Eydie, I think you're the only one left with a tree up. ;)

Anagram, darling, I'm...sad, I guess, that amidst all this to-ing and fro-ing with DH's health that you're the go-to-guy for your DD's family crisis. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you're there for them and I'm sure you'll learn and grow and derive much satisfaction from being such a wonderful Mom (I know I'd want you around in a pinch...), and I'm happy your DD has you, but man, can't you get a break lately? I'm not trying to voice disapproval, just asking the heavens to send you some respite. Sometime. Sending you good thoughts of fortitude, calmness and wisdom. Which you already had. I got a good laugh from that abacus line, by the way. :D

SeeCat, BAD KITTY!! WICKED, BAD, NAUGHTY KITTY! :rollpin: I'm so sorry over the loss of your one living houseplant. You must be grief-stricken, though when my cats have that smug look I can't resist them. So cute...Simone's smug look has to do with her vomiting in random places - there's nothing wrong with her, she just likes to vomit - and me stepping in it. My favorite house-slippers (fuzzy red flip-flops) are soaking as I type. She LOVES that.

Honey, I don't know what the **** you say to your friend. Try to keep in mind that we all have our timing, we find our way that works at completely different times and in different places. I personally would make her weight loss frustrations totally about her and to mentally try and make it have nothing to do with yours. Like if I and a friend both went to different garages to fix our cars and they muffed hers up even worse. I don't think I'd feel too mopey and guilty about that, I hope. I don't know, if you're saying "Jesus, honey, I'm so sorry WW didn't work for you" and that's that - nothing about your weight loss journey, would she buy it? Sorry - am I being preachy? Don't mean to. It's just a really hard call. I feel for you. :cofdate:

Ceara, that article (some guy did a study and found that obese people, even when they lose weight, are just more disposed to be sedentary than leaner people) really struck me. I read it thinking, "oh, great - another stroke against me! It's even harder than I thought for people like me to lose." But then, from another perspective, sedentary living, I still believe, is a habit. Habits can be broken. If I spend my time off the couch and doing stuff around my home in the evening instead of in front of a movie or reading a novel, my house will be more pleasant to live in AND a more active lifestyle might pre-dispose me to be leaner! It's funny how the findings in that study seem to have so many different repercussions for the seeking-better-health world. Or at least for my thought life as a member of the seeking-better-health world.

OK, I've exhausted myself and I'm not even close to having spoken to all of you, darlings. I'm sorry. I need to get up and take the holiday footlockers down to storage.

Love to all,

deleted2
01-29-2005, 10:10 PM
:sman: Yep, I'm the last hold-out. It's much easier with a fake tree!

ceara
01-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I got called into work yesterday..in a small branch with no kitchen....argh! Good thing I packed lunch for that possibility. Cute little library....got lots of my own stuff done 'cause it wasn't too busy. No cleaning at home tho' :( .

Another sunny day....gotta drive DS somewhere this am for a gig...he's in a rather good jazz band...and it is right in the midst of church......to show or not to show?

Yes I read the article...interesting. I am currently going through Thin for life...inspired by the thread somewhere on this forum that is discussing the book chapter by chapter....I'm in chapter 4 I think.

So since I'm typing-cuckoo this morning, I'm gonna go...eat brekkie, try and feed one of the older dogs...she's not well, and watch a video. Then get dressed and start the day!

Ceara

Kaylets
01-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Hello all---

Well, it seems that that this month I am having symptons plus the real thing...
this perimenopausal/menopausal experience certainly is a dice throw....
could explain lots of emotions this week... up and down.....

This morning I feel more energetic and have gotten a few small chores done so far..... even have a pot of brown rice cooking to portion for the freezer and meals this week... have black and red beans and chickpeas I want to do the same. Am even hoping we can finally get a humus (sp?) recipe made that we like. Am also playing the 27 fling boogie game...

I don't have a tree up but my nativity set is still out....just a few moments ago pulled the wreath from the door... its a marroon silk pointsetta which probably really isnt that "seasonal" from the street but I know its a holiday wreath....

We have about 2" of fresh snow this morning and the weather folks believe we have an ice storm due here shortly. But it will be finished by noon....
hmmmmm

Did I mention that DS made an appearance the other night b /4 I got home from work?
He was looking for mail-- tax stuff specifically. DH escorted DS to "his" room and remained there till DS was finished. DS was suprised but tried to cover by
lots of talk of how tough working two jobs can be....DH brought DS up to date about what we knew about DS's job which DS again, tried to cover as if he was on top of the situation and all was well w/ the world but it was obvious that if he was feeling DH out to find out how much DH knew.
DS claims he left his most recent job for scheduling reasons.... we suspect otherwise.
He left our house and then came back as he didnt take all the mail. Left behind on purpose or not, again, DH would not let DS stay alone in "his" room much less anywhere in the house DS went....
DS told DH he'd come back "for the rest of my stuff" but DH told him that if it wasnt removed b/4 we trashed it, not to expect to find anything. DS appears to have taken that as his "ok" that he isnt responsible the garbage he left behind.
DH says he wasnt upset but the next day his blood sugar numbers were high so I wonder ....

All of a sudden, we have snow coming down instead of sleet so this might become very interesting....

Anagram--it always does seem to come in 3's or 4's or more doesnt it??
Big hug for you....

Eydie-- Love your view of dream world....

Seecat-- yes, where does all this laundry breed?? No matter how much I trash, tear up for rags, or give away, it seems as though the piles remain the same size... But when I am looking for something 'different' to wear, nothing to be found....

Empress- glad you started the sugar club-- I need it...
and also, am wondering what the gym manager's response was.... perhaps the finger pointers should be given their own area in the gym.... that way, they can't chase away any of the other patrons...

Wildfire-- I hope you're move is going smoothly...!

WoodNymph-- How goes it? Any tips on how to deal w/ this brutally fierce cold we're having? I have begun using vaseline jelly b/4 showers and sometimes even after ... Am also trying to shower at night so I am not going outside w/ damp skin-- The tops of my thighs and inside my wrists just feel so chapped and dry!!

Ceara: Reading aloud to little ones sounds so trancelike--- am sure its not but the picture in my mind has me seeing the little ones just hanging on every word....

Frogger: Here's to a nice long nap for you!

Cerise: You are a funny girl! Just let us know when the ornaments answer you!

Who have I forgotten--- Punkin... how goes it?

We are going out to brave the snow,,,

Amarantha2
01-30-2005, 11:30 AM
Hi, :queen: s ... I'm on Day 15 of no refined sugar, no white flour and am now going out for some fresh fruit.

:queen: K, sorry your dh had to deal with a stressful ds situation ... hopefully, ds will "find" himself soon and things'll even out some. It's hard being young, methinks, although I can hardly remember ... :lol:

Re the refined sugar club, I kind of thought of just deleting it for lack of response other than :queen: Ceara's nice posting ... 'preciate it, Sword Bearer ... I don't mean that in a miffy kinda way, I just don't want to have threads hangin' around that aren't really "happenin' " (depresses me :) )... and postin' here and in the land far far away seems adequate ... haven't really been able to get into the Sugar Busters forum per se, it's so long-established ... feel more comfy here and in the lffa ... 'ceptin' the system won't let me delete the thread ... ah well ...

Occurs to me that I haven't been eatin' much fresh fruit (unless whirred in the Magic Bullet) because of the ongoing dental work that never seems to get done (sigh) ... yet now that my blood sugar's more stable, I realize that's an excuse as when I ate fresh apples with the peanut butter all last week, I did fine ... and I've been forgetting fresh grapes, cherries, apricots, peaches, pears ... all good on Sugar Busters and easy to eat ... so eureka, going to go get some ...

Taking day off from work again ... will make tomorrow more stressful but I can't continue to work every Sunday ... sinus getting better but not totally out of woods ... need to work on my painting of Kim Novak with copper earrings (at least that's who it looks like ... dunno why).

I liked the article about moving around ... I think that's so true ... I find myself lying on the couch too much ... sometimes even with infections or whatever, it's good to just take an easy walk ... naturally thin people do that ... don't really think of it as another stroke against us, though, just as Cerise indicates, something to be cognizant of ...

I am going to try to cook some barley again ... my last venture into this was a failure, but it is very low glycemic and I'm gonna try just a small amount ...

We had hail here again yesterday ... got caught on the mountain roads ... people here don't know how to drive when it's slippery ... totally scary ... I pulled over and waited until it stopped and the hail melted (about 20 minutes) ... read Sugar Busters ... I really like these books ...

Later, sorry didn't reply to everyone ... I'm in a fog right now ... [/color]

deleted2
01-30-2005, 11:35 AM
STOP Amarantha! Don't delete that thread---I am SOOO in! And who knows--maybe someone wondering around in a sugar coma will find their way in! :D

Amarantha2
01-30-2005, 04:03 PM
:lol: Ok, :queen: E ... just responded to thee.

Kaylets
01-30-2005, 04:03 PM
SEND THIS WARNING TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. I
hate those e-mail warnings, but this one is important.
IF A MAN COMES TO YOUR FRONT DOOR AND SAYS HE IS
CONDUCTING A SURVEY AND ASKS YOU TO SHOW HIM YOUR
BOOBS, DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR BOOBS.
THIS IS A SCAM; HE ONLY WANTS TO SEE YOUR BOOBS.

I wish I'd gotten this
yesterday. I feel so stupid.

;)

deleted2
01-30-2005, 04:49 PM
:rofl: :lol3: :rofl: :lol3: That was too funny, Kaylets. Great punchline! :lol:

Kaylets
01-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes Q E, that one is a real keeper.... I will have to keep that one for the future. Perfect timing for me...
I really needed a good belly laugh !

I am so proud of myself... dh and I did drive by shopping-- only got sale items at two stores.... we are now in good shape w/ frozen vegetables... I thought I was so clever to cook more beans this afternoon-- Except it was more of what I had already cooked this morning! ah well.... so now we have tons of cooked red beans to portion and bag... We got a real deal on eggplant so I "baked" the slices and made a double sauce at the same time--used 1/2 the sauce for the eggplant "lasagna" and then made chili w/ the remaining sauce.... Made some inroads in housework too...

Our favorite vegetable place gave us a case of Sharon persimmons today.. we had to ask how to eat them but the store manager said just peel them and eat... I like them. Like them better than mango and papaya actually.

DH and I borrowed Big Fish on DVD from the library and watched it last night... I thought it was a comedy so was suprised that it was more of a "mesage movie" -- DH thought it was "interesting" ..... hmmmmmmmm

anyway....

Bowling tonight as snow stopped about noon and we really didnt have more than an a couple of inches...

in fact, let me get tomorrow's clothes together so that's another thing off the list...

btw, found a Stash decaf Chai that is really yummy ....

KETTLE IS ON

Kaylets
02-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Hello all!

Yesterday was the definition of horrid... long story short, nearly everything I touched at the job was done wrong and dominoed badly .... Effected innocent clients, coworkers, etc, etc....
Its just too busy .... I don't h ave enough experience w/ the more complicated issues and make a mess of them instead... I am also in full blown TOM effects-- ie, needing to change pads every trip to the bathroom, breakouts on the face, chest, back ( yup, just like 16 all over again!) ....

AND STARVED! craving everything...

and teary....

Oh geez.....

this was not my idea of revisiting my youth!

Thanks for listening my dears....

Never got to my WW's meeting-- I went into the bathroom to get cleaned up and instead wound up taking a shower and reappearing in a big fluffy robe---
DH just raised his eyebrows and said " In for the night?" .....

I am going to take some magnesium and vitamin e right now.... any other tips royals??

sorry this was all about me .....

Thought of the day :
"Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, showcase it, and you'll start believing in it."
---Jesse Owens

Question of the day :

"Does a pet share your life? How about your bed?"

KETTLE IS ON!

SeeCat
02-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Howdy. Yesterday was very ok. Not great, not bad just ok.

Kaylets, I am sorry that you day imploded, but hopefully this day will be better.

QOD - yes, three cats and yes, there are two of them who sleep on the bed.

anagram
02-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Fly by hi to all Royals. Kaylets, sorry you had such a Horrid - TOM never makes life easier, does it?

DH over pneumonia apparently and life is abundantly better. Getting ready for painter coming tomorrow plus moving some things around. Whole upstairs is a mess but will eventually get sorted out. Now not sure if another room might be better for dialysis. Dh not prepared yet to talk about it so I'm plunging ahead. Meeting w/dialysis nurse on 2/11 - will get some guidance then. DD full of ideas despite her own problems which I'm sure will have no quick fix and may well get lots worse before they get better. Sigh - wish I could help her more but best I can do for all right now is stay as healthy as I can. I feel like the linchpin (?) holding the family together. Of course, that's not really anything new.

Can't say I've been doing anything great on the diet front. But have not been disastrous and that's a plus.

Currently no pets (not for many years, actually) and when we had them, they never shared our bed (nor the kids' beds either as all sorts of allergies and dr. said to keep them out of bedrooms - she didn't fuss about them having pets though they weren't a good idea -- just said keep them out of bedrooms).

I'm sure hoping Phil doesn't see his shadow but the sun's bright here so am expecting six more weeks of winter. But we're over the hump.

Cerise
02-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Happy Groundhog Day!! I spend this day each year celebrating by watching "Groundhog Day", the Bill Murray/Andie MacDowell comedy, and by phoning my close friend in Texas to say Happy Birthday. The movie has good laughs, small-town PA charm and a wonderful self-transformation theme that moves me no matter what stage of life I'm presently wallowing in.

Anagram, so glad to hear of your husband's sickness letup. He and you did not need to be dealing with pneumonia on top of everything else. Of COURSE you're the lynchpin! no pressure, thought, right? :^: Still thinking about you and DH and DD now often and smiling at the thought of you "sorting out" your upstairs.

Kaylets, dearest, Ramon and I both took a moment over our pho dinner to contemplate just how very bad your day must have been. I'm so sorry, glad it's over, and hoping today's treating you a little more kindly. I hope the fluffy robe treatment was just what you needed. You OK today, honey?

By the way, I emailed that scam joke to my female co-workers. They all had a huge laugh and all assumed I had written it. Set them straight.

All RIGHT. I just came down with another stuffy nose. This is the fourth episode in my ongoing struggle with illness!!! My nutrition has been sh** and I ran out of multivitamins weeks ago and never replenished, so I really kind of deserve this. I'm so tired of feeling rotten again every few days. I'm taking today off to rest. All I have to do today is go see the therapist.

Love to all,

deleted2
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Kaylets, Please tell us today was better! Days like that are just freaky, aren't they? :dizzy:

Anagram, Glad to hear that DH is feeling better. What color have you decided on for the painters?

Regarding yesterday's question: do your pets share your bed? You betcha! It's just so darn endearing to have an 80 pound hound [Jubal] sneak up onto your bed for a cuddle, or as much as an 80 lb. dog can sneak anyway. Or be awakened in the morning by Lupin with 'right in the mouth' kisses. We just need a much bigger bed!

Dang, Cerise! Down with the snuffles again? Here, here's some hot tea. :coffee:

anagram
02-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Blue feather, Eydie. And Cerise, be so careful. It was that dreaded returning sniffles thing that led to dh's pneumonia.

I'm about ready to drop and am turning in early. But room is ready for painter AND I got to the pool today.

Kaylets
02-03-2005, 07:37 AM
HEllo all!

Yes, Tuesday was better than Monday ( after all, even bad is better than horrid ;) ) and yesterday better than Tuesday....

Finally feel in more control of what's on the desk ( notice I didnt say the desk is clear!) and am not going in early this am... taking a breather...
the extra hours are voluntary at this point but worth it to me as at least I won't have to explain to clients later why it took me a week to get them a form, etc,etc.....

and yes, I too, am newly reformed regarding taking the magnesium, etc....

Now, I wonder about this one ..... could there be any connection btwn calories/fat and TOM symptoms flow.... I realize real atheletes, seriious illness and/or starvation often see TOM stopping.... but I can't help but notice, just the past 2 weeks in an effort to end the plateau, I've been conciously eating more.... hmmmmmm.....

but does that explain the acne too????

hmmmmmmm

anyway....

thanks to all for listening...

Anagram--- you are right that YOUR health is first.... then DH.... DD will figure most of it out herself and you're right, it may not be the way you'd do it....
We too are dealing w/ similiar issues...

its been nearly 35 days since ds moved out and he's only made one appearance since... no other contact....

go figure....

Thought of the day :

"I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
I will not refuse to do something I can do."
- - - - - Helen Keller, deaf/blind American author and educator, 1880-1968)

Question of the day :

"Can you remember the last time you used a rotary phone?"

Dh and I are researching cell phone service as our contract ends shortly.
If you don't mind sharing.... do you like who you have??

Take care all!
KETTLE IS ON!

SeeCat
02-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Had a late meeting last night, and yet I still felt compelled to come in to work on time. I think that today will be a slow day though.

QOD: this cracked me up becuase my home phoes are both rotary phones. I just like how they ring with real bells. I actually have about five or six of them, but the rest are in storage. We call the phone outside my kitchen "god's phone" becuase we bought it at a rummage sale at the rectory of the cathedral in St. Paul. God's phone is, incidentally, a very seventies goldenrod color, in case you were curious.

anagram
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I only have one rotary phone and don't use it often as it's in the basement. Well, I answer it often enough just don't dial it often. It's a Snoopy & Woodstock phone I bought when my kids were young. Grandkids think it's so great, not because it's Snoopy but because they've never seen another rotary phone. It was actually one of the first ones you were allowed to buy - then later they came back and said "too bad, you thought you were buying a phone but you really only bought the outside and if you want the inside you have to pay more". A real con.

Painter going like mad. I love the color.

Amarantha2
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Fly-by, then I must nap (not really, I just mean I'm going to lie down and read before the meeting tonight). Just to answer the questions, pets have shared my bed since birth, I think (do ex-husbands count?).

Er, rotary phones, we had 'em in a newsroom I worked in during the 80s, I think. Takes too long to dial.

Groundhog Day, the movie. That is SO good. I could see it over and over. Had forgotten about it.

Sort of describes my life, actually.

Bye. :)

deleted2
02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
My dad still has his old rotary phone--seems to take forever to dial. Don't think that i'd go back to them, but I agree with SeeCat, I miss the real bell ring. You know those ancient basic black phones--they were HEAVY! You could really clobber someone with one if the need arose--God forbid! :D

anagram
02-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Gee, and I was thrilled when we finally got one of those old black ones when I was about 19.

Slept late for me today. All that furniture and stuff moving and then Tai Chi last night knocked me out. And I had to get up, darn. Painter returning to finish up. Talked to Tai Chi teacher. Turns out he teaches the FREE senior classes too. And they're twice a week. We'll talk further. Plus somehow the class is two weeks longer than I thought. Last night when he mentioned the PARTY and the BAKED GOODS, for the first time, he said pot luck and dips and stuff. Note: he's little and skinny (and very lithe).

Kaylets, I think your thoughts on added calories have merit. I had a hyster at 44 so didn't have a "normal" (as if there is such a thing) menopause so can't verify from experience.

Here we go, Friday, here we go..........

anagram
02-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Wow, do I feel lonesome!

ceara
02-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Now Anagram...don't feel lonesome. They all were likely out bein' rowdy last night and cain't haul their behinds outta bed!

Am verging on chronic tears here...try not to, but...I think it could be the season or just hormones...man oh man. I did not cry about the following although I was upset. My parents gave me a really nice pair of earrings for Christmas that I have trouble doing up...my DD did 'em up but the one wasn't quite right. I lost it....for the day. Checked the car, my clothes etc because when it was noticed missing I was at breakfast with the parentals! That's why I wore 'em. Anyway, came home and looked..no dice. Spent the day with my friend shopping and hanging out, then came home to unload the groceries and tell DH about it. Walked into the back yard, looked down and there it was! So I am off to the jewellers where it was purchased to see if he can muck around with the claspy things.

Gotta haul my butt...am training a new employee (again) and need to be at work 1 hour earlier....Seize the day Anagram!

:wave: to all! Wsw how're you?

Ceara

anagram
02-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Rowdy sounds good. I need some. So glad your news about earrings turned out to be good!!! I think mid-winter does bring on some funks though. February used to be my worst month when dh was working and esp. when kiddies were little. I'm going to try to seize the day even though I'm dog tired. Not been sleeping well and last night was the worst. I was so tired from moving stuff, etc. I went to bed a bit earlier than usual, had trouble falling asleep (unheard of!!!) and then was up and awake around three, down at four, etc. Feeling rugged. DS coming today - he's usually a brightener.

Doing the lugging etc for one room gave me even more sympatico w/Wildfire. Hope you're recovering from the move. Sunshine and 40s here today. Meant to be enjoyed.

Kaylets
02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Hello all!

Sorry about yesterday am but it was snowing when DH and I got up so we just got on the road asap -- we were fine but it was very questionable about black ice, etc so we were glad to get on the roads b/4 most of the rest of the world did.

So far, scale has dropped and held steady at that drop... but this too seems to be a pattern ... come Monday evening... but whatever happens, happens...
Right now, its really just a perception... their scale vs my scale, clothes vs no clothes.... I need to start rebuilding a real, going forward wardrobe now that its obvious what my sizes are going to be.... I need stop being suprised at my current size and make it a fact ....My body knows its a fact, now I need to convince my mind....

Anagram- Paint job finished?? Did I miss the color?? Please share again.
What about the room... Are you still considering an alternate ??

I am officially renaming housework "activity " today so... let me go and earn some activity points!

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Yes, Kaylets, that bit of snow was a surprise, wasn't it? Looks great out today - was out only shortly. Yes, painting is done and room back in shape except for hanging pictures. DS here moving things about today. Still have alternate in mind but won't know for sure until after Friday's meeting w/nurse who will give us more info on whole process, amount of space needed and what setup will require. I know I'll need storage space for about 30 boxes (1' x 2' and I don't know how high) and a few smaller boxes. So I REALLY have to go about ridding us of things we don't use. Some will probably just be stacked against wall but want to keep as much closeted as possible. DD's room is laid out the best for all this but the master bedroom is in the best location. So now we're "wait and see" for a bit. Have picked color for alternate site just in case. Don't think he'd be comfortable in a pinkish/mauve room w/little flowered wallpaper and a purple/pink/blue carpet. Repainted room is blue, alternate will be beiges w/red/terra cotta involved in bedding if need be. Just got the rec room in basement sorted out a few months ago and here we go again piling it up. Some things upstairs ready to go out and a tiny pile yet to be sorted through. Lots of "activity" points here this week. Just did a whole bunch of steps "supervising" DS.

Yes, Kaylets, time to "accept'" that loss and celebrate. New clothes coming up!!!

anagram
02-07-2005, 09:47 AM
My turn for the Martian death flu - bleah! First bloom on white amaryllis is open.

Good weekend w/DS. After he moved and carried all the stuff I asked him to, he was up in his room banging around. When he came down we asked what the noise was all about. He says "glad you asked - remember all those times you told me to clean my room and I'd say I'll get to it? Today I got to it, oh ye of little faith". He had moved all furniture (hard for us to do) and cleaned out all the corners, etc. Rearranged stuff - hasn't looked so good in ages. I guess he's growing up. New arrangement means I can stack boxes in the middle of the floor in there if need be.

Aaargh - feel like going back to bed. Won't but won't do much today either. Bleah!

Amarantha2
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, just wanted to say hi. Sorry about that Martian Death Thingie, Anagramatic ... yuck! Hope you get some rest!!!!

I'm kind of excited about the idea I have for my St. Pat's Party Challenge (at the land far far away) ... I love these holiday themes ... they really motivate me ... am going to post it on St. Val's Day ... will be offerin' a nonvirtual prize (just an honorarium, nothing too exciting) but there are strings attached, like participation ... I may not even win my own challenge, who knows!? :lol:

Have to go to work, then come home and work some more as it's production day and I'm behind 'cause I took a weekend off.

I'm so excited that I have an appointment to see a new gym Tuesday night with a friend.

wsw
02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
hi royals!

i have missed you all very much, and have been thinking about you! i haven't had a chance to even begin to catch up yet, but wanted to jump in and say hello. anagram-i did see your last post. so sorry to hear you are sick with the dreaded martian flu! please take very good care of yourself!!

i had a respiratory infection that just didn't seem to want to go away for the past couple of months and then my back has been in an uproar now too for the past couple of weeks, so i had been out of commission for quite a while. my ms "technical difficulties" have also been kicking up a big fuss during this time, so i have seen a lot more of my bedroom than i would have liked. the 'ole chest is clear now, and i am feeling better. my back is a little better today, so thought i would sneak online briefly while i can sit up without wanting to scream. i wish i could say that being sick these past couple of months meant that i had lost weight, but didn't happen. fresh start for me! i just wanted to check in and tell you all again how much i have truly missed you!!!! glad to be back home in the royal kingdom. take good care, all.

wsw

Amarantha2
02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Helloooooo, WSW!!!! We have missed you!!!!! :wave: I am so glad you are feelin' better!!! Have a wonderful rest of the week and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!!!

Kaylets
02-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Hello all!

WSW!!-- SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!! Everything the Empress said X 2 !! We have lots and lots of Fresh Start cards so grab a pile and don't look back!!

Anagram-- hope you are not having to do more than the essentials... poor thing...
sending lots of chicken soup and hot tea vibes....

Sorry to be so brief but am here w/ all of you mentally ....

Thought of the day :

"Some people think it's holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it's letting go."
-Sylvia Robinson

Question of the day :

" Name your favorite SuperBowl commercial."

Am short on time but just can't resist sharing--- Weighin finally showed results-- finally got below the lowest I've ever been... !
Can even change my stats later !
Long frustrating plateau but again, a lesson in persistence, not perfection....

Take care all!
KETTLE IS ON!

wsw
02-08-2005, 06:58 PM
hi all!

amarantha-thanks for that enthusiastic howdy! it really made me smile!

kaylets- hi. i am definitely taking you up on that pile of no-guilt/fresh start cards. i am going to forge ahead and not look back, just as you said.

i sure have missed everyone big-time!!! i am going back to basics with my food plan and will write down what i eat, something which has worked well for me in the past. i am thinking of you all. take care.

deleted2
02-08-2005, 07:16 PM
Thanks for stopping in, wsw! Great to 'see' you!!! :D

Feeling better, Anagram?

Congrats on letting go of more weight, Kaylets! Have you done anything different?

We're missing some of our regulars. Cerise, Wildfire, Arabella, Punkin, Ceara---check in, okay? :^:

As for me, I'm doing okay. Vaguely unsatisfied with my current program, I'm bored with the food, just need to do a little revamping. The no-sugar policy stays though! Non-negotiable!

Kaylets
02-09-2005, 07:22 AM
HEllo all!

Here we go Wednesday, Here we go!

Wheeeeeee...... things seem to be going by so fast its hard to keep pace! Feel like Alice in Wonderland! Running just to keep up!

Just have to remember what's most important and that is most of the battle.

Scale looked great again this morning but of course, it doesnt count till weighin day and by this time, I should be expecting flucuations ( sp?)so tomorrow when I look, I might see an increase....

Thought of the day :

"Pessimism never won any battle."
---Dwight Eisenhower

Question of the day :

"Name your proudest accomplishment. "

So, how's life treating you??

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
02-09-2005, 02:01 PM
:wave: Checking in! I've been trying to get life back in order since before my trip to Boston and things are crazy. Always makes me think of trying to clamber back up onto the top of an ever-shifting pile of things that I'm supposed to be controlling. I really feel like I need about a week -- a few days to get my house in order and then the rest of the time for a personal retreat -- before I'm ready to tackle things with any kind of focus. As is, though, I'm trying to tuck in the loose ends where I can and keep things turning over until I have time to do more. Aaaaaiiiiieeeee!!!! But I do intend to get back ASAP and also join the no-sugar thread. Love to all!

Kaylets
02-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Hello all!

Here we go Thursday, Here we go!!

I realize the past few days have been just barely making my fruit/veg servings....Need to pay more attention to that....
Guess that's because I stopped journaling again...
SO!
Today-- back to basics.... I will write down my food ....

At least this time I don't dread writing so much, last time I was pleasantly suprised at how many points I still had left at noontime....

Have a "date" to walk the company parking garage during lunch... only about 20 minutes but still something in addition....

Thought of the day :

"The important thing is somehow to begin."
---Henry Moore

Question of the day :

"On average, how many cups of coffee do you drink a week? "

Have a good one all!

KETTLE IS ON!

Arabella
02-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Good morning Royal Ones! It begins again -- I've signed on to the no-sugar thread and am going to GET BACK ON TRACK! Does it help me in any way to eat junk and skip exercise? NO! :nono: It does not. So -- still pressed and stressed, but going to work at being/feeling better. (Love the thought of the day, Kaylets!) Let's make this a good one!

anagram
02-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Ah, back in the land of the living. Still coughing, dripping, etc. but feeling much better. Went to Tai Chi last night. Coach kindly gave me the phone numbe, hours, etc. of a free class he teaches for seniors. There was another also, probably equidistant, but I felt closer to this one and he said he thinks I'd like it better as "they're more athletic". He assures me they're a lot of fun so when I finish out the class I think I'll try it.

deleted2
02-11-2005, 09:28 AM
It's been a difficult week. Garry lost a dear friend and the memorial was yesterday. This friend simply slipped away in his sleep Monday night, and he was young and robust [only 61] and his wife is just beside herself with grief. It's so hard to know what to do sometime. She has family members staying with her now, but the worst is still ahead for her, I'm sure. None of us can believe he's gone. And I feel bad for Garry because he doesn't have that many male friends--not too many of those new-age sensitive types around here!

I know that everyone says it, but we should make every moment we're here count. I think that Garry's friend did that. He was so quirky and dear; the kind of guy who wore shorts and t-shirts and birkenstocks in the dead of winter! Those crusty old sandals were proudly displayed at the memorial yesterday too!

anagram
02-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Oh, so sorry, Eydie - how painful. And how touching the sandal display. Peace.

Kaylets
02-12-2005, 08:25 PM
Hello all!

Angram! Are you feeling better ?? hope so... Been thinking about you.

Eydie! So sorry to hear about your friend. Just today, DH stopped by to check in on one of his few friends and I was thinking of how grateful I am that DH has this friend... The sandal display was terrific.

Very busy day today-- its amazing to me how the difference in schedule compared to M-F doesnt get me here till this time or not at all....

DH started a weightloss challenge/competetion w/ coworkers w/ 3 cash prizes... all based on percentage of weight loss... he is trying WW's Core to begin...and I keep forgetting what he';s doing and asking if he's written anything down!

So.. off the bowling alley, Dh needs a ball redrilled... maybe we can earn some activity points... at leat 1 for me...

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday....

Borrowed The Weight Loss Commandments from the library-- we'll see if its written any better than Thin For Life...

believe it or not, I'm taking the book w/ me to the bowling alley!

KETTLE IS ON!

anagram
02-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks, Kaylets. Yes, I'm feeling lots better, just a sniffle or two hanging on. Been playing catchup. Saw dialysis nurse yesterday and funked out a bit. They always make it sound like it's SO easy but she really laid it out. So since we're both feeling a tad better today and dh feels need to "bust out", he made reservations for us for an overnight getaway for Valentine's Day. So we'll have the "upgraded" Valentine's Dinner w/champagne, the show, overnight and breakfast. Sounds like lots of fun and we could use that.

Finished putting pics up in painted bedroom - old bug had put that last bit on hold. Like it. Still mulling putting up lace curtains. But may hold off on that for a bit. Need to spend more time throwing stuff out. Trunk of car holding much stuff to be dropped off but, as usual, no dent seems to have been made.

So, wishing y'all a lovely Valentine's Day. Is that the end of this thread? I've loss a wee bit since Christmas, a really wee bit. But nonetheless down. And I seem to be holding up and doing a lot more (except this sick week) so feel I'm still on the healthier road.

Take care, all.