Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 02:04 PM   #1  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Default New to SB

Afternoon all. I am Chipper new to SB. Got the book from the libarary yesturday. So, starting tomorrow 1/1/05. Even picked up a treadmill at Goodwill for $20 bucks yesturday also. Just got back from the food shopping trip. So, I am ready to go! .I do have a question: Hot dogs. I checked out and printed the new Phase 1 list and it states hot dogs are ok, but, in his little book (good fats, good carbs) it says no hot dogs. Not even fat free. Yes, or no on the fat free hot dogs?
A little about me. I was counting cals, but, doctor said to stay at so many and then move down etc. Well, after a week I was staying in her limits, but, eating the wrong foods and only lost 1/2 pound. I decided then I need something more structure. So, am begining the road trip to healthy eating and no more fast food, and junk.
Thanks in advance for your help with the hot dogs.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:39 PM   #2  

Hi, Chipper! Welcome to the Beach! Allowing fat free hotdogs is a recent addition based on information from the updated food list off the official Dr A South Beach site. However, they should definitely be considered limited. I've eaten the fat free Oscar Meyer ones. It is very easy to gain weight eating them so I try to limited them to occasions like Labor Day or Fourth of July.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:47 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Chipper welcome to the beach!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  

Talking Welcome!

Enjoy the book Chipper! I have purchased many books over the years and when I bought SBD it sat on the shelf for a while....But once Dear Hubby and I started reading it I was floored!

Dr. A really makes it very simple, and very clear. In our case we both needed to lose weight but DH has Diabietes, and I thought I really understood it, but reading the book made the 'light' go on in my head. The 'science' of this way of eating truely makes sense.

Also before we went on it we checked with my cardio doctor and he said that he felt it was medically the best but mostly from the feed back he gets from his patients is that it is the easiest to stay on and that he feels is the most important.

We all need to find what works best for us, as my dad always said, "That's why they make Fords and Chevys."

Well I'm a Ford girl and a South Beach Chick!

As for the Hot Dogs, since being on SBD I have not looked at them yet, but the key to this all for me is LABELS. Take a look at the list of ingredients, if sugar(in any of its names) is listed, it's a no-no.

See you around!
Closed Thread