South Beach Diet - New Years Resolutions
12-31-2004, 08:35 AM
I'm planning on 3
1.) To stay on program and hopefully reach goal by fall!
2.) Start saving money.. less spending :o
3.) Stop biting my nails
Have a safe & happy night, gals.
12-31-2004, 10:14 AM
I think mine will be to definitely stay OP, to reach my goal weight once I figure out what it will be, to be completely debt free by year end, and to keep my house organized and in order. I am sure there will be more short term, but these are at least my long term.
Happy New Year's everyone! :hat: :dancer: :cb:
12-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Well, I always resolve to lose weight. Maybe this will be the year.
- to spend less time online
- to get some real sewing done - not mending
- to get back on a scheduled walking program when the ice goes
- to use the treadmill or sell it
- ditto for the piano
- eat more veggies and fruit
I have been thinking a lot about this, especially since my goals always revolve around weight....
1. No credit card spending
2. Keep up with grading papers at school- spend 30 minutes each afternoon grading
3. Exercise- I need to get this body moving- walking will be my exercise of choice
4. Cook at home much more than what I have been doing
12-31-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm going to clean my closets and cupboards more often...and to keep to my diet and workout regime (which will start next week).
What I'm not going to do is set goals that I can't keep (like quitting smoking).
Cheers to All...and the best for 2005!!
12-31-2004, 11:24 AM
My resolutions are:
1. Stay on plan, reach my final goal by late spring, and maintain that weight for the rest of the year.
2. Pay of all debt and start saving.
3. Be more domestic.
4. Be more creative. Start writing again.
5. Spend more quality time with my hubby.
12-31-2004, 01:20 PM
#1 Make it happen, don't wait for it to happen. :drill:
#2 Stay on the Beach! :bravo:
#3 Drink more water :faint:
#4 Get out of debt :faint:
#5 Exercise!!! :workout:
12-31-2004, 03:26 PM
1. Reach my goal weight by October.
2. Have all of my Christmas shopping done by November 15.
3. Have a solid financial program in place by February 1 and completely underway by June 1.
4. To focus more on myself spiritually
12-31-2004, 03:41 PM
To put my physical health and emotional well-being as a priority in my life. In other words it is okay to spend a few hours a day eating right, exercising, and doing my Bible study and weight loss groups on internet. I am not stealing from someone else by doing what is best for me. :coffee:
12-31-2004, 07:32 PM
Some of us posted our resolutions on this post:
Just thought I'd link to it because reading others' resolutions inspires me. :)
Happy New Year!
01-01-2005, 01:20 PM
My resolutions for 2005 are:
1. Put health first...stay on the beach...lose 37 lbs. & keep it off...exercise...reduce cholesterol...
2. Choose to be happy...forgive more...do 5 acts of kindness a day...stay grateful
3. Manage money better...stay out of debt...keep more than I spend
01-03-2005, 06:15 AM
My New Years Resolution for 2005:
* Stick to this diet!
*Less shopping. :( LOL
*Get better about sending cards to family for holidays and birthdays. :dizzy:
01-03-2005, 06:41 AM
Well, I have 5 new years resolutions:
1. Take better care of my diabetes
2. Pray/Read my bible more often
3. Lose 40 pounds during this year
4. Know what I can do and DO IT!
5. Take at least 30 mins a day of "princess time"
:cb: :yes: :bravo:
01-03-2005, 12:17 PM
1. Start phase one and stick to it for 2 weeks
2. Stick to phase 2 until all of the weight is lost, no cheating!
3. Exercise atleast 3 mornings a week
4. Take better care of my house
01-03-2005, 02:34 PM
I have always struggled with New Year's resolutions and have found that, until I am ready mentally and physically to commit to a resolution, the chance of failure is really high. Soooo, for the past few years I have not set resolutions at the beginning of the year, but have happened into them during the year, when I know the time is right.
This past year, I committed to:
1. Losing weight and reaching goal (May 14)...that was accomplished by November 5.
2. Buying property in Calgary for retirement (April 24)...that was accomplished by October 15.
3. Paying off all debt, except for the mortgage on the new property (April 24)...that was accomplished by October 30.
4. Updating Wills (April 24)...hmmmm, missed that one, but will need to put it on the list for this year. We had to tell our 30-year old daughter that the latest will says that she needs to go live with her aunt and uncle if something should happen to us. ;)
Soooo, for 2005 the first on the list is:
1. Update Wills....
2. One that I am really ready for is the weight related one. I really must maintain my weight, or, if the fancy strikes me, lose another 5 pounds.
01-04-2005, 04:38 AM
Good for you Sweet Tooth!! You are such an inspiration to me. :) And you're so right about choosing the right time to make those goals.
Way to go on accomplishing so much this past year!