Support Groups - Wanna-Be Buff Brides

View Full Version : Wanna-Be Buff Brides

JEO1982
12-30-2004, 09:41 AM
Are you getting married this year and looking in the mirror thinking "Dear God, I'm going to be a FAT bride!"? That is what I've been doing lately and I've decided NOT to let that happen!

I thought it would be great that if there were some other brides-to-be out there who are trying to lose weight before their big, that we get together in our struggles. We can share weight issues and planning issues and ideas. If anyone is interested, just post your story! :^:

Here's mine:

My name is Jenn and I'm getting married May 14th. I was a dedicated member to this site and my weight loss earlier in the year and was down to 179 at one point. Then I stopped chatting and moved and got sick and then just lazy.... now I am back at the 200# and finding it really hard to plan my wedding... I just can't stand to think of myself as the fat bride.

So today I decided no more complaining and no more slacking off... I will not be the fat bride! And my plan is to stick with what worked. I am going to watch what I eat by counting calories, and exercise at least 5 days a week.

I think I am going to aim for 170 by the time of my wedding, but my first goal is 195 before February 1st.

I look forwarding to reading everyone else's stories, so please join me!

Nowlin
01-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Hi sweetie, it's Tessa. Well, Ryan and I have set a date, which is December 31. I am really excited, I think it'll be good times, although, I want to meet my goal before that. Planning has actually been fun so far but still have a long way to go. I am at a standstill with the whole money thing, so things are kinda being put on hold for awhile. I haven't had any desire to go look at dresses just yet. I kinda want to lose a little more before I go. Shopping hasn't been that fun for a long time now.

So where at in OK are you from? I was born in Beaver, OK. Originally, we're from Booker TX, but most of my family now is spread out, Salado, San Antonio, Witchita Falls, and Dallas. We're kinda all over. My immediate family and one other uncle and his family are the only one's NOT in Texas. Some days I miss it and others I am glad to be north. I get too hot. Anyway, email me anytime, I love to talk. always, tessa lynn

t_nowlin@hotmail.com

KandiceS
01-31-2005, 09:42 AM
Wish I would have saw this earlier! Our wedding is March 5th- just a little bit more than a month away and I've been exercising (Curves every day) since June 04 and Low Carb dieting since October 04 to get ready.

I'm 3 lbs away from my goal and 33 days left to accomplish it! I CAN DO IT!
When I met Chris I weighed 173 and I would love to get to 175.

Look forward to knowing everyone better! and here's to all of us looking stunning on our special day!

JEO1982
01-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Good morning!

Look how close you I think you will not only meet but surpass your wedding goal! You must be sooo excited!

My wedding is in May and I can't wait! I am a faithful Curver too and I do Pilates when I can't get to the gym.

So tell me about you wedding... how many attendants are you having, what are your colors, are you doing anything unique? Any suggestions? What are your songs? I want to know all the good stuff :^:

KandiceS
01-31-2005, 11:05 AM
our wedding(s) are a little unusual... I'm from Maine, Chris is from North Carolina and I've been living in NC for over 2 years now. All my (fairly large) family is still in ME. So we're marrying down here in NC with 2 attendants each- my MOH is my pledge sister in college sorority (only me and her that semester) and my BM is my sister (age 13). Chris has his brother as his best man and his son (age 12) as a groomsman. My brother (age 16) is going to do the video and music for us. (I'm 24 years old, Chris is 31) he was married to his HS sweetheart at 18... divorced a couple years later. We invited 60 people. 11 AM wedding and we need to be out of the hall by 3:30 for them to open for dinner. so not a lot of time for dancing or anything. We're having our first dance while my aunt is cutting the cake but that's all the dancing we're doing.

Our colors are victorian lilac with lilac accents and silver (platinum)
Our song is "Broken Road" by Rascal flatts. We had chosen Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd and then we went to the RF concert and they played it before it was released. We looked at each other and immediately changed our song. Funny that when we told people what our song was they hadn't heard it and now, at work, everyone has a radio in their office, and people send me an email "just heard your song" LOL.

Then in June we're going to Maine, with Chris' mom and his sister and having a large reception- like 150- 200 people (told you I had a large family). We'll dress up again and dance and everything. Our father daughter song is "dance with me daughter" by John McDermott, he's one of the Irish Tenors, if you've ever heard of them. We requested 2 large screen TVs on each side of the head table in June to show our wedding video on continuous during cocktail hour.

So much fun planning 2 weddings! We're not doing too bad either... as far as $$ go. I've heard horror stories about how much people spend! we've planned 2 for less than 20k.

Your turn! what are you doing??

KandiceS
01-31-2005, 11:15 AM
ps- where's your honeymoon?

I'm so excited for our cruise to bahamas. Overrated I know- but neither of us has been on a cruise before. I went to Bermuda once with a sorority sister, but never Bahamas.... and Chris had never been either... can't wait!

JEO1982
01-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Well you're not going to believe but "Bless The Broken Road" is our song too! Rascal Flatts is my favorite band and I also heard it before it was released, not to mention I had the CD before it was on the radio. The first time I heard it I told Tim it was our song, and now it really is ;) Then we are having "You Are" by Jimmy Wayne as the wedding party dance. I will dance to "Didn't Have To Be" by Brad Paisley with my dad (I know that's an unusual choice but my dad is my stepdad technically and the first time I heard it I thought of him and cried) and Tim will dance with his mother to "Walk Through This World With Me" by George Jones... It will be the Groom/Mother's dance, then the father daughter dance, then "First Dance", then wedding party and then I am having the DJ play "Sweet Home ALabama" because my Tim is from AL.

We are each having 1 attendant, my MOH is my best friend Missy and his BM is his best friend from AL Jamie. My 2 oldest nieces are in it as jr. bridesmaid and flower girl and my 3 yr. old nephew is going "to be Frodo in auntie jennie's wedding" (that's what he tells everyone - he is the ringbearer ;) ) The colors are deep amethyst and lavender/lilac. The girls dresses are deep amethyst, the RB cumberbun is too and my dad/Jamie's vests are silver and Tim's is white.

The wedding is going to start at 5 and go to 11PM and we are sending out about 65 invites thinking about 80-100 people.

I haven't picked flowers yet and I need to replace my JP, but just about everything else is settled... I'm having family members take photos too (I have 6 siblings so I'll have plenty of pictures), and my wedding cake is a present from a sister and BIL.

We are planning on going to the Poconos, but we haven't book anything yet, so it's not really final.

We are doing well on $$ too... My dad is giving us $4,000.00 and that should cover everything and Tim's mom is paying for a florist... It's really awesome of them I think.

We are going to AL to visit his family in 3 weeks and they are throwing us a shower because I think his mom feels left out... it is going to be akward for me, but I want her to be happy and feel involved so I'm letting her do as she wishes.

roxy_roo
01-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Well i am all new to this site. i am planing to get married on may 7 as long as we dont run off. we are both having the wedding for our parents. I am 22 and he is 29. I want to loose some weight just so i can fit in to my size 12 again. I know what i have to do and i know it is so worth it too. This is the biggest i have ever been. I am discuraged do do any thing i love sweets and i am currently am on weight watchers. i love there plan but it is just me. right now i want to give up but i know i dont really want to. it is always a long road for me and since i have lost 5 lbs i am pretty happy it makes my day when i loose. but anyone have any help???

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro2/slider-but2/lb/184/160/184/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

JEO1982
01-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Good afternoon Roxy!

If losing makes you happy then you need to keep that in your mind all the time. Think to yourself "Is this sweet going to taste/feel as good as it would to get on the scale and see another pound gone?" Your answer will most likely be no and therefore a reinforcement of your goal.

When you are having trouble resisting temptation come on here and post or read other people's success stories, I know that helps me... I know I can do this, and you know you can do this! I'm here if you need me, I'll give you whatever help I can!

KandiceS
01-31-2005, 01:18 PM
roxy- temptation is going to be everywhere- and there's never getting rid of it- at least there hasn't been for me. Jenn's right- you gotta focus on the long term. How good does it feel when the scale goes down? that'll last you all day, sometimes even all week, that "high" you get from seeing the lower number... or a couple minutes for sweets, you know it's hard to stop! just gotta focus on the long term.

Jenn- too cool- both the same song! When I heard it I knew there'd be lots of people using it for their song. And we both got things free too- Chris' brother owns the flower shop in town and has given us our flowers as a wedding present. I have no clue how much they'd be normally- I kinda want to know though.. My bouquet is 20 purple roses and 10 white roses and then some pearled stephanotis mixed in. The girls both have a dozen- 6 white and 4 purple. and then the tossing bouquet and all the bouteniers and corsages...

so sweet about your nephew. Chris' brother and SIL were upset that we didn't ask their children- they have one of each- but we told his mom, we honestly thought of them- David being the Best Man, and them giving us the flowers, and his wife owns her own salon and she's doing the girls' hair...

ps- I'm 5'10" too...

JEO1982
01-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Wow Kandice.... seems like we have a lot in common... I hope you will share photos of the first and i'll be sure to share photos of mine before you get to ME for your reception.

I am actually going to call a few florists now and make appointments to figure out pricing and exactly what it is I want.... The planning never ends, especially when you are a perfectionist and therefore don't want to give other people too much control over things :^:

KandiceS
01-31-2005, 03:05 PM
I will definitely post pics.. but let me see if I can find some links to some now...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47769
post #14
that pic was taken in May before the diet and exercise
It was so much fun getting it altered! I told the woman to do it tight because I was still losing and I just went back last week to try it on again and wow! looks good!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50976&page=3&pp=15
post #37 (page 3)
that was taken in Dec (after 20 lbs and 44 inches.)
I'm in the white sweater. The red head behind me is my MOH and she's a dork, she got the purple vest after the dresses and she was telling me how close the colors were and everything... (purple's her fav color) so she wore it to my bridal shower. The other girls are a couple of my sorority sisters that I'm still close to.

JEO1982
01-31-2005, 03:23 PM
You are doing great! You can really see the difference in your face! :bravo: to you on all that you have accomplished so far!

KandiceS
02-02-2005, 02:26 PM
jenn- think of me on monday 6pm- I just called to get my alterations done again... Curves told me today that I had lost 16 lbs since my last alteration. :eek: I really don't want to pay again but I want the dress to look like it was MADE for ME and FIT!

and down 2 lbs since 1/27- I changed my ticker because I'm so close to the wedding goal... this is the 3rd time since Saturday that I'd seen 172 (naked) at home scale... so that pretty much means that's staying! YAY :cheer: "nice to meet you Ms. 172, stick around for a while, won't you?" :lol:

JEO1982
02-02-2005, 02:42 PM
I think it is worth it... Just wait until you walk in and everyone gasps at how beautiful you look! The cost of the alterations won't compare to how great you feel when you put that dress on and just know how perfect it looks! You are doing so well!

I will be getting weighed and measured this week at Curves myself, but at home I'm officially down to 190... 12# in a month isn't bad, especially if I can do it again in the next 30 days :D

I'm sure you'll have more fun getting your dress alter than I will with the stuff I have on my "wedding plate" for the week.... I need to find a JP again since I let the one I had back out, and I have to meet with florists to figure out what I want and the pricing :p

BTW, I think you will soon be saying good bye ms. 172, Hello ms. 171! ;)

KandiceS
02-02-2005, 02:50 PM
12 lbs a months is EXCELLENT! :cheer:

it's been slow going for me- the past month I lost 5.25 and the month before that was only 1 lb. but every lb is 1 more lb!

I'm doing the programs Sunday night after we meet with our pastor and I think that's about all I have left to do! only 31 days left- so I hope I didn't forget anything!
My MOH and BM are coming to curves with me the friday before- I figured we'd go get our nails done- I already made an appointment for us at 10 am and then we'd go workout and then go to lunch someplace nice before the rehearsal that night.

I hope you find a good florist! Our's is Chris' brother and Sister in law and she took down what I wanted. she was like "what do you want?" and I'm not a flower girl- I didn't know how many in a bouquet- what I wanted for corsages for the moms and grandmothers... it was like she was rushing me- I thought she'd walk me through it- "this is what we normally do.. " sorta thing. oh well, she'll be family so I can't keep on...

Make sure you post your results!

JEO1982
02-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Every week/month is different for everyone... and while I know 12# is good I still wish for more, you know?

Good for you planning to do the programs ahead of time! My step-sister had me over her house every night helping her for 2 weeks straight... With programs and seating card 'chairs' and favor labels... We worked until almost 12 every night, just her and I, and I wasn't even a BM!

I guess she learned too late who you can count on, apparently just me :D
Everything turned out great though and for all my troubles she invited me to the rehearsal dinner and paid for me to go to her spa/salon on the morning of and they did my hair and I got a pedicure... so worth it :)

I have no idea about flowers either... I know that I love irises and have since I was a kid (they are purple and smell like popsicles - what little girl wouldn't like them).... I need to figure what flowers are "in-season" in May so things are crazy expensive :dizzy:

JEO1982
02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I got measured this afternoon. I lost 10.25" to go with the 12#! Woohoo! :^:

KandiceS
02-03-2005, 08:18 AM
wow- excellent job! how many inches have you lost total now? the clothes must be feeling a lot better!

(and 171 this AM as you predicted... wanta tell me 170 for tomorrow? :lol: that should get me to 175 with clothes on- my wedding goal!)

JEO1982
02-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Sounds like we are both having a good day.... Can we say hello to the 180's? Yep that's right 189 this morning!!!

I bet you will see 170# very soon if not tomorrow... You are on a roll chica! ;)

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Jenn- congrats on the 180s! doesn't it feel good? what are you down to now?

Chris and I went honeymoon shopping last friday and found a couple of cute skorts that I liked. brought in a size 14 and a size 12 because I wanted to see how much further for a size 12. I tried it on first and it fits! and looks good too! bought another bikini too. going crazy on bikinis now after I bought my first one Jan 1st week. I love showing off my body and especially the developing 6 pack! :lol:

got my dress realtered last night. Lady was kinda mad at me for losing more weight and making her fix the dress again, but oh well. It'll be ready feb 25th. She was mad that it's so close- it's not my fault- I called you last week and asked if I could come in. You could've squeezed me in then. oh well! she said this time she's going to take in the zipper. Last time she took in the sides and said that I'd lose a lot of the beads if she took in the sides again... so she's going to take in the back this time. The dress was a size 16- so making it a size 12 (or less because I'm smaller on top where it's fitted) of course it's a pain. She had an attitude about my slip too. I bought a size 16 slip and I asked her if I could just trade- for a smaller one- it's only been worn twice for the fittings, she was going to charge me again!! said keep the old one then and deal! I'm not paying for another slip when there's nothing wrong with this one! but she gave in and gave me smaller one. before I left.

I'm finishing our programs today and going to the printer at lunch time. I'm so excited! That's pretty much the last thing to do.

I think tonight I'm going to go through everything and put everything in trashbags- bring to reception, bring to rehearsal... there's no way I can remember everything. we'll get the reception and not have our cake knife! :lol:

hope you're having a great day!

JEO1982
02-08-2005, 09:35 AM
I wish I could say I was down to anything.... but I am most unfortunately UP to 192 :mad: I don't know what I'm doing wrong here this time... It goes down then goes right back up... GAHHH what a pain!

Anyhow, enough whining from me! That is awesome about your dress (and new vaca clothes)! It's great that you feel so good about yourself now! The word bikini still scares me! :lol: Actually any bathing suit does... anything where you see my massive thighs! :p Not pretty.

Where are you and Chris going for your honeymoon? Somewhere you can really show off your hard work I hope!

I finally booked another JP and the other cancelling turned out to be a blessing in disguise... this one is $50 cheaper, and she lives right in Middleboro!

I also ordered flowers :D Notice I send ordered flowers though and not "found a florist". I went with silk because both my MOH and myself have allergies and when I was looking for pictures to bring to the florists with me I fell in love with this wedding set that happened to be made of silk. The best part is I filled out a survey for them and got 10% off my order as well as a free toss bouquet :D I love saving money!

Below is a link to the picture of what I picked, the only differene being they will be making mine with lavender ribbon, not white... Let me know what you think.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53166

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Jenn- I love callas- they're so pretty!

weight fluctuates- for me too- I went up to 175 over the weekend. back to 173 today. just keep on doing it and you'll make it stick!

I always had tankinis or 1 pieces. and I thought I'd try one when we were up visiting my fam for the holidays. I had to return a sweater grammie gave me, so I bought a bikini. I love it! can't wait to wear it! we're going to Bahamas so defintiely have time to wear it!

I have "thunder" thighs too! They don't make such a loud "boom" now though. :lol: since Curves in June, I lost 17.5 inches off my thighs (that's for 2 thighs, so like 8.75 inches off 1 thigh). Do you have the machine that you spread your legs apart and back and forth? supposed to tone the inner and outer thighs... that's what's doing it for me I think.

great deal about the JP, and the flowers- you'll be able to save them!

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 09:50 AM
those are my flowers- without that big wrap- I'm just having it wrapped with a purple ribbon.

JEO1982
02-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Wow you have lost a lot from your thighs! My thigh are always the last to lose... I've lost 1.25" from each thigh... They are 26.75" around :o We have that machine you are talking about - the hip abductor/adductor (spelling?) - but it doesn't seem to work for me as well. I try doing pilates for my thighs at least a few times a week...

Your flowers are beautiful! I think the purple ribbon will look sharp with them! That is basically what I was going to go for if I went with a florist :lol: We are really on a parallel brainwaves when it comes to this wedding planning stuff!

I can't wait to see the pictures from your big day!

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 11:18 AM
My thighs were 31.75" when I started! so now at 23" that has made a huge difference in pant sizes.

I can't stand having film not developed. As soon as I finish the roll- I take it to get developed and usually 1 hour at that! :lol: so won't be long until I have wedding pics back (from my camera, I know the photographer doesn't work that quick) :(

JEO1982
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah, my thighs are the only reason I can't get into different pants... It really stinks! I'd love to have 25" thighs even... that would be great! Lately I feel like I'm getting bigger and bigger (I know it's in my head mostly but I swear I look bloated) :p

This time it will be different with the pictures though because you'll be soaking up the sun in the Bahamas, so you'll have to wait a little while ;)

So do you have all the details settled now? what are you doing for seating cards? are you going to have to make them yourself? Just curious.

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 03:00 PM
ahhh seating cards! I refuse to do seating cards- we're letting people sit where they want (much to my mother's dismay :lol: she hates it!) I didn't want that headache- it's only 63 people and we're having rectangle tables shaped in a "u" with us in the middle so it's not like one table there'll be 15 and 1 table there'll be 2 or something...

At the reception In June in Maine- we have to do seating arrangements- my mom's paying for that one.... so I told her I was going to do a big posterboard with everyone's last name, first name and table number- told her I'd do it nice- put it in a frame or something- it wouldn't be tacky, and she agreed to that.

I took our programs to the printer at lunch- $71 for 100- I wanted extras because the family that can't come down- I still want to send them one and some extras for us...

somedays I notice I'm more "jiggly" than others in my thighs- I thought it was just in my head too... but now, hum.... :lol:

JEO1982
02-08-2005, 03:43 PM
I am doing seating cards because I will have the 15 to 1 situation otherwise... I bought little frames that the seating cards will go in so they could be pretty without being a hassle.

BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who think somedays I just expand or get 'looser' :lol:

KandiceS
02-08-2005, 04:17 PM
wasn't it a pain to decide who to sit with who? my mom pretty much took care of that for the reception up there- I said I'm not doing seating arrangements, you want 'em, you do them... so she did :lol:

My mom went crazy there for a while during the planning- she threw me a bridal shower and it was purple everywhere! purple table cloth, purple napkins, purple frosting on the cake, purple plates, purple forks and spoons.. :lol: didn't help that her fav color is purple. she's loving it!

she's making me a scrapbook and giving it to me for the wedding- she's not the crafty mom by any means, but one of her girlfriends that does all the scrapbooking took her to a class and she's gone crazy!

she wants a balloon arch at the reception- I think she's having fun because my mom and dad never had a "real" wedding (it was in my grandparents backyard with not many people and my mom just wore a plain white dress- not like a wedding dress or anything) and then they were divorced and all her others (2) just got married at the courthouse. so this is "her" wedding...

JEO1982
02-09-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm sure it will be a pain, but with my mixed family arrangement I need to make sure there aren't way over crowded tables and nearly empty ones. I wish my mom would do it, but as it is she is throwing our shower and I have to make the invites to that :dizzy: Plus I like knowing things will be done and done right, which usually means doing it myself because no one else cares as much as you do about your own event, right?

I think it is great that your mom is getting so into this! My MOH bought a lighted archway and we will be decorating it today, so that should be fun since we don't see nearly enough of each other.

I'm sure the scrapbook will be wonderful! I wish someone would make me one :lol: I plan on doing it myself, but I get so busy with all my little projects that something always gets left behind you know? I do all kinds of crafts and whenever someone wants something, they ask me... Like right now I am supposed to be making my flower girl and junior BM's dresses. I bought the stuff and now I'm chickening out... I'm afraid I'll screw up so I might just hire someone I know to do it so I won't stress about it too much... yeah right, me not worry about something :lol:

BTW... the scale said 190.5# today.... maybe it is going to start being nicer again ;)

KandiceS
02-09-2005, 01:39 PM
my MOH and I don't see each other enough either- she's in Maine and I'm in NC. she's coming down Thursday before the wedding, so I'm doing most myself. she's helped give me ideas and things but when it came down to doing- and writing out the invites and all- all me...
she was my pledge sister in college. we started with 6 girls pledging and 1 dropped out right at the start, then 2 dropped out- they were friends and I guess 1 didn't want to do it that much, and then the last one dropped out like a week before we got in. Said there were some things she didn't want to do. wasn't hazing or anything, but still. and beth and I became close anyways- she was the one the most like me (we never knew each other before pledging). I graduated 2 years ago- 2002 and she graduated in 2003 and we've stayed close ever since.

I know about the "want it done right, do it yourself". We've hired good people that have done a hundred weddings before but I'm still nervous the cake lady won't get there on time, or won't be done the way I like... the photographer won't get all the pics we want... we'll run out of food... something WILL go wrong..

I forgot to say congrats on the 190 :cheer: - 180s tomorrow?

JEO1982
02-09-2005, 01:59 PM
I addressed my invited already even though they will be sent in March, and I did them all myself... I will be addressing these shower invites myself as well... I'm sure it is hard for you MOH being so far away because she must feel like she is missing out on all the fun stuff leading up to the wedding. Tim's best man lives in AL and he won't be coming up until the 13th, so they don't get to do any guy stuff beforehand.

I am totally afraid that when my BIL makes the cake I am going to hate it and not be able to say anything, so that it is going to get ruined in transit, and that my JP will be late, and my dress won't fit.... Sometimes I think I just like to worry :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement on the weight! I am keeping my fingers crossed for seeing 189 again tomorrow! :crossed:

JEO1982
02-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Well, I wanted to wait until I saw it 2 days in a row before I said anything, and today is the second day.... I saw 188.5#! :chin: I think this is just what I needed to keep me in line at the birthday party on Sunday! :drill:-Step away from the chips soldier!

I addressed the shower invitation and now my mom wants me to help her make centerpieces.... so much for no work... I'm always the one to be helping everyone else, so I guess I just figured they'd all be willing to help for my thing, you know?

Anywho, how goes the battle?

JEO1982
02-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Well I should have know it would be short lived... I went down to 187.5# on Sunday morning and I blew it at the party... Even though I got rather sick, I still managed to swell up to 191 and have stayed there! :mad:

I'm so sick of myself.... These little up and downs have been making me cry... That is a little ridiculous! I don't know what to do with me :(

KandiceS
02-16-2005, 04:07 PM
wow- don't know why I didn't see your posts before...
stick it out- everyone has ups and downs!
saturday I was at a new low of 170 and then come yesterday I was up to 175! what happened?! I'm down to 174 today, but still...

what are you doing for centerpieces?
chris and I got those glass bowls at walmart- I know you've seen them- like 98 cents a piece... anyways then we put a candle in it and some clear marbles- it kinda looks like pearls with the off white candle... pretty nice and then we tied a purple and silver bow on them.

anyways- keep on trucking! you're doing great! :balloons:

KandiceS
02-16-2005, 04:09 PM
and we're right at the same place now- lost 30- 20 more to go, doesn't it feel good that over half the battle is over!

I wish the last 20 would come off soon though too and then I can start on maintaining and buying clothes that will fit me long term...

JEO1982
02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Well this morning I think the scale was trying to trick me into feeling better :lol: It was at 189.5#... I am hoping to come back from AL down to 188#, but I'll take lower ;) BTW, I should have warned you when I started this thread that I am supposed to be on a depression/anxiety drug and I took myself off so sometimes I don't handle it so well (see yesterday)

For centerpieces, I have these glass squares that say "love of my love, heart of my heart the one that I love" or something in the shape of a heart and "Jenn & Tim" in the center. I am putting them on silver wrapping paper (or similar) squares with rose petals in different purple shades and bride & groom "bubblegum buddies" on the sides... basically the staff at the restuarant are going to hate me :lol:

I can't wait to get to goal either.... I haven't weighed less than 177# that I can ever remember... I was probably last at that in like 4th grade before I hit that last summer. Basically right now I'm hoping to feel comfortable in a bathing suit for my honeymoon :crossed:

JEO1982
02-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Go to the Jaded Ladies forum and look in Chit Chat #113 and you can tell me what you think or my hair.... ;)

KandiceS
02-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Ohhh I like it- that's basically what I'm going to do to mine too...

let me see if I can attach a picture...

I have a tiara- so I want the tiara and veil over my hair and then I'm going to take off the veil for the reception and keep on the tiara.

12 days left for me!

KandiceS
02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
(the first hair is how I want mine. then the next is for my MOH and the next is for my BM.)

JEO1982
02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Very nice! You have only about a week and a half left.... You must be sooo excited! I can't wait to see the pictures... You are going to look sooooo great!

I just go back from Alabama last night and back on here this morning. We had a "shower" down there and everyone was really sweet. Tim's aunt said "I've been teasing you about bringing me a Yankee and I don't think you could have brought me a better one... She's just as pretty as she could be isn't she?" ;) That definitely made me feel good. The whole shower experience made the wedding seem more real too... Like "wow this really is happening, isn't it?" and I just can't wait for May now! :D

KandiceS
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
LOL- I get the yankee thing all the time too- but it's ok. (I'm from maine, chris is from NC...) 9 days now- it's gone by so fast.

we went to walmart last night and bought the rest of the hm things- small travel toothpastes, shampoo.... and I found some thank you cards- 80 for $14.99 they're the double hearts- that's our invites and napkins, and cake knife, all double hearts... so I bought those. and bought a bouquet holder so that I can make my rehearsal bouquet of all the bows and ribbons- do you do that? you're "supposed" to keep all the bows and ribbons you get from all your showers and use those for your rehearsal bouquet....
Going to get it ready tonight probably... one last thing I have to do...

as far as weight loss- I'm stuck. I've weighed 174 for 4 days in a row and then today I was 175 but I'm happy at least. Gives me a chance to wear my clothes for a while without them getting too big on me. This might be as low as my body wants to go anyways... I don't remember being much lower in my adult life... I weighed 170 a couple weeks ago and I saw my hands were getting pretty bony and the veins were starting to stick out more too. they looked like old lady hands.

How are you doing?

have a great day!

JEO1982
02-24-2005, 08:55 AM
:wave: Wow...9 days... how exciting for you!!! Sounds like you got a deal on the thank yous too. I ordered printed ones to send out after the wedding. The shower ones will be hand written, but this will ensure that people get their thank yous quickly after the wedding without them being a mess (I don't have the best hand writting).

I've heard about/seen the bow bouquet thing done several times. I didn't have any bows to save from Alabama... We only got a few gifts that weren't spendable in you know what I mean. ;) I may save the bows at my shower here in April, but I'm not sure seeing as I don't know if we will do any kind of rehearsal... I seen alot of brides having someone put the bows onto a paper plate as they opened their gifts at the shower and then they just attach something to hold it with and they are all set.... So if I decide on a rehearsal (if it is even feasible with the flight times and such) I will have Missy (my MOH) putting something together at the shower.

I am down to 187# now, as of this morning, and I haven't been to the gym in almost a week (all the time I was gone and yesterday).... I think seeing that number was what I needed to kick me into gear. I will work out this afternoon... Maybe at Curves or possibly just a video or maybe even both, who knows but I WILL do something... I want to see this number in the morning too!

I think you could be right about your body not wanting to go lower... at our height, you wouldn't want to be much less or you'd be skin and bones (unless you have a really small frame, which I most certainly do not).... When I was at 177# last summer, people would look at me like I was insane when I said I was still trying to lose and my mom kept telling me that I needed a wake up call if I thought I was still fat (which I did). I just wasn't satisfied yet or comfortable with myself yet.... I think that is the most important thing... To be comfortable and happy with yourself... And you definitely should be happy, you look great, you've worked so hard, and soon you'll be taking you husband-to-be's breath away as you walk down the aisle!!! :love:

KandiceS
02-25-2005, 08:45 AM
8 days now!
I actually took back the thank yous- I forgot that we had some already. we bought photo cards- ones that you slide a 4x6 picture in... We're going to take a picture with a digital camera on the wedding day and then get them printed and stick a picture on the top of every card...

so I took them back and got chair covers- green and white checkered ones and a green runner and a set of apple curtains for the kitchen- I want an apple kitchen and my shower at work- people got me most of the apple stuff.... so I wanted to finish it off.

I read the conscious bride and I'm on theknot.com and I know a lot of brides have said they find themselves "nesting" creating home-y feelings the closer to the wedding- I had to laugh at myself last night when I realized what I was doing and that lots of brides do this. just weird feeling- like why do we all do this?

So I'm 175 again this AM. oh well. I think I look good and I'm so much happier here than 204. I'm going to try to stick it out for a while and then go back after the honeymon.

I can't believe I'm so close!!!

JEO1982
02-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Sounds like something I would do... buy something I already had... At least you realized before you opened them up.

I have an apple kitchen too... Apple curtains, pot holders, towels, place mats and an apple clock.

I don't know about nesting, but I am going to be going crazy cleaning when the time comes, because Tim's mom and sister have never seen our apartment and I don't want them to think we are messy... I hate messes, and I aways feel like our apartment is a mess, no matter what... I guess that's the OCD in me :lol:

Don't worry about the number on the scale if you are happy, who cares what it says? Like I said before, you will be stunning... I can't wait until I'm a week away from my wedding :^:

sweettooth32
03-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Hi my name is Michelle. I am getting married in July. I am very excited but feeling not looking forward to trying on my dress. I would like to lose 20 to 30 pounds. I have tried it on my own but realizing that I need some support to losing it. I am not really sure how this works. I have never used anything like this. Hope to hear from you soon.

JEO1982
03-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Good morning Michelle! :coffee:

I just wanted to welcome you on board and ask how you are going about trying to lose the weight. I watch what I eat and go to Curves or do Pilates. My wedding is in 68 days, so I really need to start being stricter with myself.

I look forward to hearing from you!

sweettooth32
03-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi Jenn,

I am planning to do points from weight watchers and I like to do the eliptical machine at the gym. I do great on it during the day but at night is my problem. I want to get back to the gym but it seems like after a week of working out I get sick. I am not sure why. You have made great progress on losing the weight. Does the forums seem to help you stay motivated? I hope to hear from you soon. Until I do good luck on staying on track!!

KandiceS
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
hi jenn! and welcome Michelle!

jenn- 68 days away! wow!

just got back from mine- it went wonderful- lots of little things went wrong behind the scenes but no one noticed, and it was exactly what I wanted...

I'm super busy, but just thought I'd let you know I'm back.. Honeymoon on sunday 3/13! yay!!