Support Groups - Chit Chat #100

View Full Version : Chit Chat #100

Jane
12-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :wave: We are a warm group that provides support, not just in weight loss, but in our daily joys and struggles. Feel free to join us!

Can you believe it? We made it to number 100 in record time, lol!! :gossip:

jewels2
12-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey Girls!!!!
Just having my lunch at work and figured I check in to say hello
Nothing much new here, same old thing just a new day....Luckily we have friday off, so I get another 3 day weekend..
JANE: To answer your question I am hoping that due to him leaving they dont ask me to help with the kids more, I really dont have the time...And I have alot going on now in my own life....plus theres 3 kids now and the last few weekends that Ive had them, the oldest one who's 5 has been totally unruly...Kinda not the way you wanna spend your weekend if you know what I mean...I guess he enlisted to better himself and make a future for his kids...but I dont agree with that , especially with 3 kids involved...

MARTI: Sure hope you get that water situation straightened out..It certainly is stressful having things go wrong around the house, expensive as well.

SUSAN: Glad to see you're back, was wondering where you were...

Hello to everyone else, Kathy,Ellen, Pam,Sue,Angie, Cristi, Mindee, KATY, and anyone else I missed
Julie

Jane
12-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Hiya ladies,

I haven't got a darn thing done today that I thought I would! Katie and Zane are giving me a headache, but Neal is just about ready to take them to town for awhile, lol. Thank goodness, lol. I need some piece and quiet!

There is a new feature at 3FC, a definition one. Put your cursor over this word: jaded and you will be given the definition.

Here's how you do it: [*define=put definition here]word[*/define] Leave out the *s. Have fun!!

FrouFrou
12-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Just a quick Hi ladies! :wave:

Had to cut my post short on the other thread to go help V and remembered I just left the 'puter on. Anyway...need to go jump in the shower now and head over to Lowes-thinking we need some more paint to finish the one wall and thought I would take a look at the borders there. V thought he saw a sunflower border that was just green, and yellow with a white background which would be perfect. So going to go see...I'll be back later to post but won't make it to chat. :( Hopefully next week.

Marti
12-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Lets try this.....

Silly me !

How fun is that? Takes a lot of time though. :) I wish I had more time for individuals but right now, I have plumbers in my house who are trying to fix this waterheater and I can hear mumbling under their breaths!
Anyway...I've been able to get on here off and on, but not too long.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

So HELLO!!

I'll try and post later.

Jane
12-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Love your plumber definition, Marti!! :rofl:

FrouFrou
12-29-2004, 05:56 PM
Okay, so I am back.

Ended up not going to Lowes afterall. V will do it later. I really can't handle much of those types of stores. Seems he wants to go in and stay forever...

Susan~EGADS! A $700 telephone bill! :yikes: Glad that was a mistake and glad the girls are fine. You need to not stay away so long girly-we miss you!

Ellen~oh yea...I love Eternity and can't get enough of it. Funny, because either V or DS#1 buys me the gift box for Mothers Day and Christmas. Dillards has a great deal on the gift boxes at those times and that is about the time I usually run out. For $30 more you get double the bottle size of perfume plus the same size body lotion. If I happen to run out in between it is $40 for just a small bottle so it really is a bargain and I love it! I also get a lot of compliments on it. Don't think I know what Paris smells like. I normally change frangrances every few years but don't see that happening with Eternity-I like it that much. Yes, I do get frazzled when the house is in chaos-drives me crazy! :crazy: I am loving your poems-how do you come up with them? I couldn't come up with a poem if my life depended on it. Or one that would be good anyway. Never have been good at writing poetry or drawing. The kids got their talent from their dad.

Jane~I see nothing wrong at all with your avatar. And I also checked out your photo on your profile-looks good. You have come a long way. One day when you move into the house that Mary is in I am sure it is going to be very nice! Already is! I love the idea of living in a house with history-so cool that both Neal and his mom was born there. You reminded me I need to send you our new phone #. We had it changed last week because we were getting soooo many calls for credit cards-sheesh! We asked them to quit calling because we weren't interested but they kept on. It was so irritating getting no less that 4 a day. But I also finally got a cell phone! Didn't think that would happen for a while or at all. Not really into them but thought we needed one for emergencies and there has been so many times I could have had V stop by the store on his way home to pick something up-he goes right by Wal-Mart. About the border or chair rail, not sure yet. I am thinking if I can find a border I like it will be a border. I like to add a touch of a different color with a border. So we will see.

Marti~glad to hear the landlord got a plumber or plumbers over there. It is his responsibility and your grandpa shouldn't have been over there to try and do it. I have rented a few houses over the years after DH#1 passed and had been fortunate. Anytime anything went wrong all I had to do was call them and they were on top of it fast. Which was good for me-being single and not really knowing how to fix too many things. That was one reason I didn't buy after moving from CA-didn't want the responsibility of owning at that time. Plus I wanted to be free to do and go where I wanted.

Julie~I can understand your friend wanting to join to better himself but it seems he should have thought of that before starting a family. That is going to be hard on his wife taking care of three kids alone, well, with your help also. Seems you have them a lot. What does she do that she sends them to your house so much, other than I know you enjoy having them? Well, I too hope they don't fine anything wrong with you. As Ellen said, you don't need anything more to add to the stress you already have. I hope all the testing goes well and you get the results you are looking for.

Angie~I'll tell V you have some painting for him to do! He'll love that! :lol: This morning he was just saying he dreaded finishing-he was tired and his arms are sore. The thing is when we paint the living room, the dining area, kitchen and kind of a hall way going downstairs is like all one BIG room! The wall leading downstairs is kind of tricky-the ceilings are high in spots. He will finish that wall tomorrow-need more paint. I saw the Christmas Vacation 2 DVD at Wal-Mart a while back and picked it up because I didn't realize their was a #2 until Marti mentioned. But I noticed it is all different people so didn't get it. Thinking I might later on.

Katy~I find myself doing that (repeating myself) quite a bit sometimes. I try not to but it just doesn't happen sometimes. Hoep you are having a great day.

Okay...I think I got to everyone, or did I? I always feel like I left someone out for some reason. And...if I did I apologize. So, HI to EVERYONE else. :wave:

Not much going on with me today. Jane, I guess I did a little bit of spring cleaning of my own. V moved the stove and fridge and I cleaned behind them and moped the floors before he painted back there. Plus, when putting things back everything got cleaned including the curtains. Washed all the curtains but I dusted the valances as they were a little dusty, not dirty. They have to be dry-cleaned so putting that off as long as possible. I took the long scarf valance in my bedroom to have dry cleaned before putting it up and it cost $30! Geez that was a little less than 1/2 what the darn thing cost! Don't want to think about what it will cost to clean these! Would almost be better or cheaper to go buy more. I'm assuming because of the type of fabric :dunno: Anyway...need to do a load of clothes and go put everything back on the counters. Have to clean it all first.

Question ladies??? My nieces (the twins) birthday is coming up and they will be turning 12. I plan on sending them something and need suggestion. I can't remember what 12-year-olds like or are into now days and I am lost. I need help!!! Please!

Guess I have gone on enough-didn't mean to write a novel here! Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! What's left of it...TaTa for now. :wave:

Marti
12-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Another stop in! I have water!!! HOT water!!! No floods, and no burning plastic!!!

So happy! AND....I get to pick up my car. Amazing how chaos can turn into a good day! :D

Cristi--A suggestion I have would be to buy a certificate at a really popular clothing store that pre-teens would be interested in. You can never go wrong with that and they get to choose what clothes to buy!

Gotta go pick up my car!

da fat n da furious
12-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Cristi, music gift certificate...or books...something kinda fun, which I have done,,,bought gift certs from McDonalds, Blockbusters, Tim Hortons,,,$25. worth goes along way....
Anyways gotta run...theatre tonight

FrouFrou
12-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Yay! :cp: Marti has hot water! Not sure how you went without hot water for so long girly-glad you guys got it fixed and you're getting your car-the toyota right? For some reason I thought you guys already got it back.

Thanks Angie and Marti for the ideas. I am doing the McDonalds certificates for Valentines Day for them, and their BD is about a week after that. Just want to make sure it will be something they want and will use. I am sure they can always use and want clothes. I don't know...I was a tomboy at that age and DD was also and was never into clothes, still not much. I'm not sure what they are into. :dunno: I am going to have to call them and have a little chat with them-maybe get a clue that way.

Have fun at theatre tonight Angie or should I say don't work so hard.

Just checking in for a few minutes to say Hi. See ya tomorrow :wave:

tommysgirl18
12-30-2004, 02:24 AM
Hello everyone…..how are you all doing?

Well, things were eventful for us around here. Tommy and I went and spent about an hour and a half in the local hospitals emergency triage area. He was changing the oil in the car, and took out the pole in the jack and was using a set of pliers to turn it. Well, the speed of the pliers was a lot faster then he thought. Because he put a nice sized hole in his hand (for a visual, hold up one of your hands and look at the fatty part in between your thumb and forefinger), it was a through and through cut, so they couldn’t do much. They gave him some powerful antibiotics and gave him a tetanus shot since it has been a looooooong time since he got one. He has a script for Augmentin and Vicodin, so we will be going and getting those filled on Thursday.

Thankfully my sister Robyn was staying with us. She watched Brandon while I went with Tommy to the hospital. I walked in to get her food order since we hadn’t eaten yet. He stopped crying and was putting his arms up to me. She looked at me and said “thank God you are home. He has been like this since you left.” He ate only about a third of his fruit, and just screamed the rest of the time. She tried playing with him with his peek-a-blocks, she tried him in the walker, she even put on cartoons for him, he wanted nothing to do with it! She put on country music when we went to go get food. Came home and walked in, she was walking around the living room with Brandon on her hip with smooth lite romantic music on. He saw me and Tommy and started screaming.

yetagain
12-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Good morning all,

I am so sorry I haven't been around. I haven't even been lurking! I think work is settling down a bit so I can pop in more.

Marti: I haven't gone back to read any of the prior postings but it sounds like we may have shared a water heater issue. Ours burst Christmas Eve. We did get the new one in Tuesday. I think family was getting tired of us using their showers.

Mindee: I'm sorry about Tommy. I know that scared you but it sounds like you handled it like a champ.

To all, have a wonderful, safe and very happy and healthy New Year. I am so looking forward to getting to know you all.

Ann

carree
12-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Yes, that's right! One of the original Jaded Ladies prodigal daughters has come home. Soon I will post pics of myself, but right now I will start with the little girl in my life, Cali.

PamPSM644
12-30-2004, 12:11 PM
:coffee2: Good morning Ladies.Cristi, one of my x-mas presents was a newly painted kitchen.I love all the colors and that you can put almost anything on your walls these days. My home has a blue theme so to blend in a contrast we painted the kitchen "Meditrranean" ,even the ceiling.Marti,I know about water heater problems. Ours is outside so when it burst we didn't know right away. I suspected something was wrong when the water was hotter then usual, by the everything was flooded and there was a horrible smell from cooking leaves and what not.YUK.Tommysgirl, hope Tommy recovers quicky.Caree,so nice to meet you. I love this site and So depend on it. My son has been trying to "do" my diet with little success. He hates my food. I warned him of this when he started but he insisted he could do it. His problem is he hates anything green and only likes processed food. So now I'm going to try and tailor a diet for him of what he likes.Not going to be easy. :burger:

jewels2
12-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Afternoon All...

Nothing much new here I guess.......same old stuff!!
No work tomorrow....YAY, they have to give us a holiday cause new years is on saturday....so Im just sitting here eating my salad on lunch and figured Id check in to see how you all were doing today..DBF and I are going to go see MEET THE FOCKERS tomorrow night and have dinner out for New Years...Has anyone seen this movie yet?? I hope its funny.....
Ive been doing well with my exercising this week, but the downer is that we've still had tons of candy around and Ive been snacking on it, so I guess I'll officially be good next week when the candy is gone!!!!
Oh well guess I have to get going, will check back later
Julie

yetagain
12-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey all,

Pam, if you have any pics of your litchen I would love to see them. My home is blue as well and it sounds like you did exactly what I have been planning for my kitchen! How fun.
Question for you please ladies, For me the past two weeks....oh okay, the past month has been a bust. Of course Monday the third is another stab at getting more fit. What is everyone doing? I am going to dig out all of the L.A. Weight Loss crapolla that I have. That would be the stuff on top of Atkins and under South Beach all of which are resting on Weight Watchers.
What do you all find to work best? What types of exercise are you all doing?

Thanks for the input
Ann

Marti
12-30-2004, 04:11 PM
Afternoon ladies!!

Well, I'm going to attempt to do some individuals......(will work my way down)

Julie--I've been wanting to watch that movie. It looks funny, the first one was very funny so this one has to be!! I also have candy laying around....but I started putting them in containers so I don't "see" them anymore and that way it doesn't tempt me so much. It's been working for not pigging out on the stuff but every once in awhile I sneak a piece......... :o

Pam--I've never seen a water heater outside before. That would be nice to have the awful burning smell outside!! Thankfully you guys found it before it caused lots of problems. I don't want to even imagine if I had gone straight to bed w/out grabbing some water!! Thank god it's all over and done with.

Carree--How are you?! LOVE the photo of your little girl!! Now, is she a toy chihuahua?? She looks so much smaller than my two little ones. I showed my husband (he adores little animals) and he thought she was just adorable. Thanks for sharing and good to see you!

Ann--I can't believe that three of us here had waterheater issues!! We got our new one in yesterday and I'm very happy!! I've been going over to my grandpa's for water and showers! I also stocked on water bottles....everytime I went to work I bought myself some water...so now they're all over the place! :lol:

Mindee--wow....Thank goodness Tommy didn't damage more of his hand. I bet he's in a great deal of pain. Hugs sent his way!

Cristi--We were suppose to get our car last week, but it was delayed. So we picked it up yesterday. And let me say.....I've been spoiled with the Chrysler because everything felt so stiff when I drove the Toyota!! :lol: But it's nice to have it back! Let us know what you decide to get for your nieces. Maybe a book of movie tickets would be great? I would like that.....hey....my birthday is coming up...... :D

Angie--Hello lady!! Hope theatre night went well. Slow down a bit so we can hear all about it.

Jane--Thanks for sharing the "define" word thing.....how would we have known about it if you wouldn't have told us? Is that something that is just suppose to be spread to everyone or is there an area to tell us?

Ok...now I know I forgot some from the other threads, and I apologize. Once you get behind, it's hard to catch up!!

So good afternoon to Ellen, Katy, Katie, Kathy,Sue, Susan, any one else I may have forgotten!

Well, a friend I use to work w/at Sony has an interview at OML this afternoon. I hope she gets the job. I think it would be great to have some old Sony friends to work with. There is another friend of mine who is also going through the process and I'm hoping he gets on too. It will be like reuniting old family! :)

Well....off I go to get some much needed laundry done.

You all have a great day and I will pop in later on if I have time.

Marti
12-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Ann...you must've snuck in on me while I wrote my novel.
I don't have much a plan for the new year. It's terrible. I truly need to sit down and have a talk w/myself and see what has kept me from getting to my ultimate weight loss goal. (I'm almost there!!)

I too would like to hear from everyone.

FrouFrou
12-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Good Afternoon ladies~

Just checking in for a few minutes-nothing new in my little corner of the world. Feeling kind of crappy. Thought I was coming down with something on Christmas Day but the day after I felt fine. But have since been getting worse each day. Have an earache, headache and my nose is a bit stopped up. Oh well life goes on... Went to Wally World and geez...everyone in town must have been there. Guess that's what I get for going at 11 on a Thursday. Had to run to the post office and that's about the extent of my day so far. Have laundry to do-again but that is a given just about every day. The painting is officially done! Thank goodness-tired of the smell. Not liking the front door tho. For some reason it looks like the same color in the can and on the label but it's a lot lighter than the paint on the walls. Wondering if it has something to do with it being outdoor paint. :dunno: It is fine but I wanted it the same color as inside. I am just glad it is all done, well except for putting up a border. Jane, we decided to go ahead with a border because we don't know what color of chair rail we would go with. I like white but not sure about it against all that green. I want it to be noticed but not stand out and the white would. And we already have oak trim around the doors, baseboards, etc. so that would be overkill in my mind. So going to try and find a border to add some different shades. V brought home a sample of one that had sunflowers, birdhouses and a lot of other stuff but it seemed to busy which is sad 'cause up against the green I liked it. Anywho...I am sure you ladies are tired of hearing about the painting. Thought part of our yard was going to be torn up. Doesn't make sense to me but they are almost done with the two houses across the street and are putting in the water lines. Well, they tore up a part of the neighbors yard to do the house across from them and told V while I was gone they were going to do that on the side of our house. Just was glad it was the side and not the front. But they came over a few minutes agaon and said they wouldn't have to afterall-thank goodness.

Julie~I haven't seen Meet the Flockers yet but will eventually. I LOVED Meet The Parents and it has got to be as funny, or I hope so. Hope you and DBF have a nice evening.

Ann~I am starting WW again. It seems to work best for me when I actually follow it. I like that you can eat what you want as long as you stay within your points. I think when I deprive myself of the things I like to eat it makes it worse and I end up on a binge. My main source of exercise is walking, outdoors, on the treadmill and the wATP videos. But I also have an exercise bike and a weight thingy-can't for the life of me think of what it is called. It's a whole workout system. I plan on getting a lot of use out of all the equipment this year.

Carree~so glad to see ya back! And Cali is a cutie!

Mindee~sorry to hear about Tommy, hope he is feeling better.

Pam~I too would love to see a pic of your kitchen, it sounds really nice. Funny...blue used to be my favorite color for my house. Now I have moved on to other colors. But still have a blue bathroom that I did a lighthouse border in. I love that color is in also.

HI to everyone else.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday!

It is one windy sucker here but real warm-supposed to get up to 67 today but then drop down in the 30's Saturday-weird weather we are having. I hope this doesn't mean we will have a late winter with lots of snow. Okay, starting to blab again. Take care ladies. :wave:

Edited to say Hi to Miss Marti...HI! I will let ya know what I get the twins. I wish I could go down there and surprise them on their BD. Still have no clue what to get them. Thinking I will write my mother and see if she knows since she sees them a lot-don't have her phone #. Get that while I am at it also. Also, will call them just to chat. Hope your friends from Sony get the jobs. :crossed:

PamPSM644
12-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Hello again.Carree, you have a precious liitle baby there.My Bon Bon has a little Chihuahua(?) he loves to have fence wars with when we go for our walks. She's so cute. Her "Mama" has all these little outfits for her.I love the fuzzy pink sweater with the fake fur trim.Yetagain,Marti, I wish I knew how to post pics.I still have so much to learn about computers. Here in S.Calif all the waterhaters are outside by the bathrooms in their own little houses. It's a good place for them I guess. Marti,you live where it freezes so you have to have yours inside,right?I love the color blue my bed room is all blue and I painted the doors and window frames in the livingroom blue with white walls.It's a tiny bit darker then the "scroll" here on the computer. My cabinets in the kitchen are this color to. The ceiling and the walls are dark blue . I'm a winter person. The summer heat drains the life right out of me. We sometimes get as hot as 110. Just looking at the blue drops my temp and makes me feel better. :wave:

yetagain
12-30-2004, 05:55 PM
Pam..be careful in SOCA. I have been hearing of the awful flooding ypu all are having. The whole country seems to be topsy turvy. Corpus Christi Texas getting snow and we have 62 degrees (Maryland). We shouldn't have snow but we should be mighty cold.

PamPSM644
12-30-2004, 06:09 PM
It was bad in other places. Our little house is one of many track houses built for returning GI's after WW2.It's built on an incline starting up to Big Bear. Other streets will flood but never us. I love my little house but it was rental property for 20yrs and we have lots of work yet to do, it takes time. Do any of you know the history of your house?I just learned something very odd about ours. The elderly lady next store said that at two separate occations people commited suiside here. I've lived here almost 14 yrs and never knew this. Weird,ha?

carree
12-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Marti,

My Cali is a Teacup Chihuahua; her brother, Cooper, is a little bigger. Cali, full grown is a little over six pounds.

BTW, I read a post of yours on another thread about your unemployment and depression. I really understand that since my DH has lost his job three times in the last five years. Layoffs are rampant where we live.

Sorry if I can't always answer everyone in all my posts, but I have a lot of catching up to do.

Love,
carree

Jane
12-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Just popping in to say hi.... :)

Neal's niece is in labor... they expect the little guy to be close to 9 pounds. (My son was 8 lbs. 15 oz. - half grown, lol.) Anyway, the niece is in her late 30's and has been trying for a baby for years. She and her dh will be good parents.

Talk to you tomorrow....

RosieKate
12-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey Congrats Auntie Jane!

BTW my "little" Leigh was also 8lbs 15 oz....she's our petite one as big brother James was 10 lbs 3oz...thank goodness for C-sections is all I have to say about that!

Wish I had more time but mon petite is screaming her little lungs out...so ta for now

Cheers
Katy

suetalks
12-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Happy New Year JL's. I hope you all have a very safe holiday.
All of the medical tests that I came home for are complete and I am well. We get to leave for LV on Sat. Too bad it isn't very warm out there. It was warm here today and I got in a nice long walk. Now if I could just get back to doing that every day.

Things are looking up with my BIL and his illness also. Maybe 2005 will truly be a good year!

carree
12-31-2004, 07:00 AM
Tea Rose,

That is just too funny! Attached is a photo of "The Coop" as he is known in this house.

http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=14u2jm

Let's see if this works!

RosieKate
12-31-2004, 09:53 AM
It's New Year's Eve! Bye Bye 2004!

Well, I did something I don't do very often.. I donated money to Lutheran Wordl Relief and Mercy Corps. I usually give to my church, but rarely have much left over to give to other nonprofits. I have been so affected my the tsunami tragedy in Asia that I just had to do something in my own little way...feels like such a small thing to do in the face if such terrible losses. Anyway, I found a link to a New York Times article that provides a list of organizations on the ground in Asia right now and links for donating online. I don't know if it's appropriate to post it in this forum, so I won't, but PM me if you want the link to the article.

Can't believe I beat Miss Jane to the forum this a.m. - ya sleepin' in, missy? Has the newest addition arrived yet? Sigh. Brings back memories.....

Ellen - you crack me up! Sometimes I look at my kids' baby pictures and wonder how I did that, guess I'm real sturdy. Real glad I didn't have to push them out.....also glad that the tubes are tied and those days are over, KWIM? I am content to love my babies and be real happy for everyone else having babies...doesn't make me want any more kids. Now cats....hmmmm we are starting to feel a little pet-deprived..goldfish aren't cutting it anymore with the kids...so 2005 may be the year we get a cat or a dog.

Sue -glad all your tests are done and BIL is improving, You are right, 05 is looking good. Have a great time in LV

Pam - I enjoyed your description of your house, I pictured something warm and cozy. I've been thinking about my house lately on my walks, as we are gearing up for an expansion this summer. Our house was built in 1939, and believe it or not, it is a very old ranch floor plan. This house was built when the area was cow country ( Alpenrose dairy is nearby) I think people used to have little country homes here for an escape from Portland and I think this was one. It was built with a really low ceiling and only electric heat... never had a furnace til we put one in. I need to get down to the Oregon Historical society and do some digging around. They catalog all the old city records and photos... so I'd like to see what they have on my place.

Marti - glad you have some hot water and that you get some QT with Jhanai. That's great news about your friends... hope they get on at OML

Cristi - hope you are feeling better today....Are you going to post some oics of your new paint job? I would love to see them...sounds beautiful

Carree welcome back - your doggie is real cute

Ann- I have been struggling with food this last week (see the Weight Loss talk thread), but have been walking alot. My exercise goal is to get in three hours a week of whatever. Usually I walk around my neighborhood, which is hilly, but I also have a stepper that I use occasionally. Now that my shoulder is improving I will be getting back into a weight training regimen... usually that is 8 minutes in the Morning. For the new year I am going to tape Priscillas yoga segments off of PBS and try to fit some of those in. Her programs are in 15 minute segments, and I need to get some more stretching in, so we'll see how it goes.

Ok - think I've gone on long enough here. Happy New Year to everyone - sorry I didn't get to everyone but you are all in my thoughts today.This is the year we do it, ladies!

Jane
12-31-2004, 10:33 AM
:dancer:Happy New Year, Ladies!! :dancer:

Cristi - I feel the same way about my perfume as you do. After all these years, it's great to have one that seems just right, doesn't it? People are always telling me I smell good and asking what it is. It's Ralph Lauren Blue for Women, and I can't even get it around here - have to go to Evansville! I wear it everyday. Btw, please do send me your new number, if you want. I'm ready for another chat when you are.

Marti - ahhh, hot water! Didn't know we take it for granted until we don't have it, right? I like the define thing, too, and think it's funny. Of course, it's really meant to be helpful and provide true definitions, but you know me, lol! Sure hope your Sony friends do get hired where you work, and that at least one of them is on your shift.

Ellen - saw part of a John Candy movie yesterday and thought of you. I know he's one of your favorites, as he is mine, too. It was Uncle Buck, and I just love the part where he's on the phone with his girlfriend, and she's mad, and he can't get a word out, lol!

Katy - yikes! I have sympathy pains just reading your post!!! Enjoy your champagne and truffles tonight.

Pam - good luck tailoring a diet for your son. When there's a will, there's a way. My home has no history, lol. It is a modular one that we put out here in the boonies to be near my MIL who had Alzheimer's. Our plan was to stay here until she passed away, then sell this and fix up her home, which was built in 1885. But now Mary and Dale are living in the old house, and think they may want to stay in the old house. Neal and I would love it if they did! We thought about doing it, but don't really want to. We love our little place, and don't need all that room like the kids do for their family of 5.

Carree - love the photos of your sweeties! Now how about one of you? I've seen one of you before and you are a lovely woman.

Ann - I lost 85 pounds doing WW, with Dr. Phil's voice in my head saying "Do you want it, or not? It's as simple as that". Also, I faced the fact that I am addicted to food and began to treat it as any other addition. The best advice I can give you is to look at your soul and face what is really the payoff for staying fat. When you come up with an answer, you'll know the solution, too. My payoff was that I used food as a balm to sooth feelings. Happy ones, sad ones, depressed ones, all kinds. Then I found lots of other ways to show my feelings. Coming here, writing in a journal, finding healthy foods to eat when upset and nothing but eating would do, etc. If you really want it, you'll find a plan, sweetie, and if I can help you, just let me know, ok?

Angie - hope your going to have a great time with Monte tonight! And get some rest, too, ok?

Julie - enjoy your time off! And step away from the candy! LOL

Mindee - are you and Tommy doing something fun tonight?

Hello to the others. :wave:

Neal and I are going out to a dance tonight. Other than someone's wedding, not sure when we've been dancing! He and I are both looking forward to that. I'll get tipsy, but he won't, since he's driving.

Gonna make some vegetable soup today for tomorrow. We always have that on New Years Day. Also have to get some towels washed. Oh joy.

I'll try to pop in later. If not... Happy New Year!!

PamPSM644
12-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Happy New Year Ladies.I'm determind to make it one.My Meth Adic.sister has been complaining about her travel trailor park raising the utilities and lot rent by 75$. The place is still cheap but it's a dump. My sister lives in a packed to the roof( around )10by15 travel trailor. She also has a tin shed for storage close by.Her real reason or complaining is she won't be able to get as much meth as she has been. She's talking about taking them to court and causing problems ingeneral.I plainly told her that if she got evicted I was not going to help her move again. There arn't many parks left that would take her and it would be a huge mess to try and move this very old loaded trailor. She snapped at me ,"I didn't ask you to'". Name one person you wouldn't have to pay to do it,"I snapped back.She doesn't think ahead,only about what she wants at the moment and at the moment her speed means more to her then a place to live.She creats a crises and leaves it to me to "fix" it . According to Nar-Anon I have to stop fixing things for her. It's called enableing and it's not good for my health either. So I told her if she got evicted she'd have to deal with it herself that I was not going to help her. I don't think she believes me though. We'll see.

FrouFrou
12-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Morning Chickies~

Pam~you are right...sometimes as hard as it is we just have to walk away and let them figure it out on their own. I forgot that you had asked about history about houses. Our house is a history in the making sort of...:lol: we bought it new. I think it is cool tho when a house has a history except death. I could never live in a house knowing someone died in it-would freak me out.

Ellen~I hope you get to feeling better. How are the kitties doing grandma?

Katy~I had two friends who also had 10 lb. babies-OUCH! Pam is tall but was small and while pregnant gained 70 lbs. Looked like she was having triplets. And Lynda also gained 70 lbs and her DD was closer to 11 lbs. They had to take her as she was having complications. The last month she couldn't even walk her legs and feet were so swollen she couldn't put shoes on. But little 110 lb Pam had hers natural-ouch again! Mine were 8 lbs. 15 oz. and smaller. I will post some pics as soon as I finish off a roll of film. I am loving the green. I can actually go in the rooms and not be blinded by the sun anymore.

Jane~I will send my new numbers. I have never smelled Blue. I am going to have to pay a visit to Dillards just to smell Blue and Paris. I so don't go far from the perfume counters to smell anything else since I am usually after only one! :lol: It's been a while since DD and I have just gone to the perfume counters and smelled everything and looked at the make-up and polish and such. We all, DD, me and my mom went one day and did that and while there me and my mother had a makeover-that was fun. Anyway...hope you and Neal have a fun time tonight which I know you will.

Someone mentioned John Candy and Uncle Buck! I love hime and that movie. I really need to get a collection of movies together. I just saw Uncle Buck twice last week along with Planes, Trains and Automobiles-two of my favorite movies with him. Oh and The Great Outdoors! Gotta love Dan Aykroyd, John Candy and Steve Martin.

I too am glad this year is over-bye, bye to 2004 and HELLO 2005! Not that 2004 was a bad year for me except for losing weight. In all other aspects it was a good year. But time to ring in the new and get down to business. It's weird tho for me because I can't believe how fast the year flew by. It doesn't seem like it will be a year that we have lived here.

Have a good day and fun night ladies!

Tea Rose
12-31-2004, 05:39 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE
Hi everyone, so we are coming into a New Year tonight and I hope its a wonderful one at that , I wish for everyone love, health, happiness, and a prosperous New Year. I have enjoyed coming here for the past months, and I have gained so much more than I ever imagined . I would like to thank you for all the thoughtfulness , kindness, and generousity, you have shown to me. I am looking forward to the beginning of a better Year for myself , since we make our own happiness , I will be looking inside myself to try and find some. I look forward to the challenges and successes I hope to acheive, , and I wish the same for all of you. I will be back to catch up later,time to check on the wee ones.

Jane
12-31-2004, 06:06 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Ellen - no, I won't look like that - her body's better than mine, and I'll have my shoes off! :D :rofl: You are so right that we make our own happiness. Others can try to hurt us, but it's how we respond to their actions that matters. It took me FOREVER to get that down pat.

Cristi - I had a couple of fragrances that I liked a lot, but when I got this one in a magazine flap, I knew it was for me! But perfume smells different on different people, you know. I'll have to check out Eternity, too. 2005 will be the year you get to goal, Cristi. Hopefully, it will be for me, too. Once my face catches up, I intend to lose about 20 pounds more. 2004 was great for me weight-wise, but there sure was a lot that happened in the family! Yikes! My blessings still outweigh the grief, thankfully.

Pam - glad you are ready to focus on yourself instead of your sister who doesn't seem to want help yet. When she does, I know you'll be right there. In the meantime, maybe we can all send up some prayers for her.

Well, ladies, I got everything done that I intended to do today. Except paint my fingernails. Gonna do that in a few minutes...

Auld Lang Syne and I'll see ya next year!!!

FrouFrou
12-31-2004, 06:57 PM
You are so right Jane. There was a girl when I was going to night school that asked me what I was wearing and she said she thought that's what it was 'cause her mom wears it too. She thought it smelled so good but said it smelled bad on her. So yeah...everyones chemistry is different and what smells good on one doesn't mean it will smell good on another-or will be different. And yes I am thinking 2005 will be the year for my weight loss. :crossed:

Ellen~had to laugh at the pic...cute.

Well, just wanted to check in for a few minutes to wish every one a happy fun holiday. Be safe and have a fun evening whatever you do.

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!!!!

:cheers: :hat: :dance: :hat: :dancer: :balloons: :dancer: :hat: :dance: :hat: :cheers:

carree
12-31-2004, 07:53 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

BTW: Auld Lang Syne means: Old Long Ago.

(Just a little trivia thrown in!)

Love,
carree

Marti
01-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Happy New Year!!!!!

From Marti, James, & Jhanai

Jane
01-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Here we are at the dance last night. :lol: I didn't wear my pink sweater because when I lifted my arms (as putting them around my sweeties neck to dance) it was too short, and I kept wanting to yank it down. So I wore the lavendar one, instead. Got to wear my new bracelet with it. Also had on lavendar and pink toe socks, lol. See my hat? It's backwards!! :dizzy: The other side is all colorful and sparkly! After several beers, though, who cares? I ate too much, and partied hardy!

Photo deleted.

Ellen - I like lingerie too! Always tried to have matching sets, and now it sure is a lot easier to find them. Your new set sounds like heaven!

To the others - happy new year! Do any of you have traditional foods that you eat on this day? I alsways have cabbage, and there's some shredded in my vegetable soup.

Be back later.....

PamPSM644
01-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Good Morning. :coffee2: I'm up and watching preparade stuff. So glad Amelie got the hang of it.I'm a tiny bit jealous remembering what fun kittens are to have around.Perfume,ummm. I remember that stuff. Haven't thought about wareing any in so long.I didn't feel good about myself so why draw attention?I remember my mother wore Channel no.5. I always thought of it as luxurious.I think I'll ask for some next x-mas.I gave up dating about 13 yrs ago.I have terrible taste in men. I was married to my son's father for 12 awful years. He was abusive and an alcoholic. Then after the divorse there were a couple sour relationships. I think one reason I stopped caring about how I looked and gained weight was due to not wanting male attention. Now I'm caring about myself and want to lose weight for me not so I can attract a man. I'm happy by myself. I do what I want when I want, No drama,no trama. :comp:

FrouFrou
01-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Okay...let's try this again! Was in the middle of a post and AOL threw me off.

Happy New Year and good morning ladies~

Ellen~it's okay to talk about your lingerie. Who doesn't like pretty lingerie? I will have to see what Paris is like. I am so used to Eternity I probably won't change for a long time but ya never know. As far as how much weight I want to lose I am aiming for a little over 50 pounds. I have seriously been rethinking that though. That was my ultimate goal but I am starting with some smaller goals first then will go from there. Who knows...I may lose 30 and decide I look and feel fine about myself. I know what ya mean about worrying about the kids. I was worried my son (DS#2) was going to go out with friends but thankfully he didn't. Not that I don't want him going out and having a life. I am just afraid he will be drinking and have one too many.

Jane~nice pic of you and Neal. Hope you guys had a wonderful time. About traditional foods...don't really have any. Years ago my mother always said it was good luck to eat blackeyed peas with ham on New Years, supposed to bring good luck so we always had that. Don't know if it is a southern thing, or I thought it was but people here do it also. I actually fixed it a few years during my first marriage but that's it. We don't have a special dinner or anything.

Hope everyone had a nice New Years Eve. We did nothing. Well, read some, watched some movies and actually did stay up to ring in the new year. People all around us were doing fireworks and come midnight WOW! What a show we saw on our deck. It was BEAUTIFUL! We left our Christmas lights on all night. Not sure why I started doing that but do it on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. V and I did have a glass of sparkling cider to ring in the new year. Anyway, that was our night.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! :wave:

FrouFrou
01-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi Pam~I like that "No drama, no trauma" Sorry to hear about the relationships. But know what ya mean about the dating. I grew tired of it also-was single for 7 years before meeting DH. That's good that you want to lose for yourself and not someone else. I was the opposite. I was widowed after a 12 year marriage and lost about 40+ pounds and kept it off, not for the sake of meeting men but because I felt a lot better and thought I looked good too! :lol: But I started gaining a little with DH#2, actually gained some before we married. Then another tragedy in 2000 and that's when I really just let myself go. I quit caring about anything and everything, well, except my kids. Still dealing with it at times but I can't believe I let myself go to this. Guess too when I got married (both times) I just get so comfortable with my SO that I don;t pay attention to myself. But I am tired of it and this year plan on doing something about it! Anyway...wanted to say Hi since I saw you had posted while I was typing away. Hope you have a great day! :)

Marti
01-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Happy New Year ladies!!

It was a quiet evening in the house last night. Lots of fireworks outside though!!

James got called last night for a job at 11:30!! (he only had 1/2hr before his call window would have been closed!) So right after it hit midnight and I got a quick kiss....he had to leave. Felt bad since he didn't get any sleep before going to work and he's STILL not home. (hope he got a cat nap on the train)

Did any of you notice that New Years Eve celebrations are a combination of 4th of July and Halloween?? :) All the sparkly lights lighting up the sky and many people dressed up in costumes? Very interesting....wonder why I never noticed before....

This one will be a quick one for now as I'm in the middle of cleaning up my house and getting laundry done and anything else that is noisy so James can sleep today....I'll be back later to do individuals....

Oh...as for what we eat.........it has been Beans & Ham soup the last few years. James makes the BEST!! So that is our New Years Eve--New Years Day meal.

Ok...off I go until later on.

Hugs your way!!

FrouFrou
01-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Back again ladies...:D

Have a question for anyone who has done any decorating. Has anyone done any stencils on the wall? And how hard or easy is it to do? Went and looked at borders at lowes yesterday and didn't see anything I liked or what exactly I am looking for. I don't know what it is but when I see it I will know. Going to look at Home Depot sometime soon and possibly some other stores, where I don't know yet. But was flipping thru some magazines and say some stencils and thought that might even be better than a border.

Ellen~(((((HUGS))))) to your DD. I hope nothing happened. Your dd sound like mine-she is quiet also although we talk a lot. Sometimes she tends to keep a lot to herself. I am hoping your DD is all right. Well, at least DS and friends were considerate to be quiet. Remember when we were that age? Oooooo, so long ago for me...DS didn't go out last night. I was worried he would. I am such a worry wart and wish I could turn it off sometimes. I guess that is part of being a mother.

Marti~oh poor James...those hours have to suck sometimes. I hope he did catch a nap on the train. So does he just wait around for a call and then head out the door? Or does he have a set schedule? Guess I am not clear on how his job works. Gotta be fun though working on the trains. Does he just go local also? I haven't seen anyone dress up other than the hats but the fireworks get crazy around here sometimes. We had our own show in the back of our house and it was really pretty. Of course Ernie dog gets scared and he went under the bed fast.

Anyway...I'm outta here again. Trying to get laundry done and some reading. I am going to finish my book today if it kills me! Then start another of course. See ya...:wave:

Marti
01-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Back only for a moment...I've got some cramps that are just killing me and the couch is calling my name. (and some IBprofin and water)

James ended up getting home at 4:30!! Now how is that for long hours? Pain in the butt I say. He's in bed now and is wanting me to wake him at 10:00 so he doesn't get too much sleep before tomorrow.

Oh...here I go on babbling.....

I'm going to lay down, that is if Jhanai will let me have an hour to myself.....

I'll try and do individuals next time.

FrouFrou
01-02-2005, 02:10 AM
Back again...just can't stay away. Funny when I am on 15 times a day no one else is around and when you all are on seems I am busy. Oh well...just seeing if anyone posted since I posted last. I really need to get a life! :lol:

Marti~hope you got to lay down for a while.

Well, going to go to Mass today and who knows what else. :shrug: Probably won't be around for a couple of days so have a good weekend, what's left of it and a better Monday everyone. See ya :wave:

Jane
01-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Hold on a sec... hop on over to #101