Support Groups - Our Own Little BookClub #3

View Full Version : Our Own Little BookClub #3

FrouFrou
12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi Ladies~

Feel free to share your favorite Authors, books or your most recent reads or past favorites.

So, what have you read recently? Or what are you reading now?

Marti
12-30-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm reading another Dean Koontz book called "Dark Rivers of the Heart" and I don't want to put it down when I'm at work! It's good. Much better so far than the last book I read of his.

I hardly had a chance to get reading in before Sony closed, now it seems I have lots of time (during breaks) and I realized just how much I love to read!!

Not sure what book I'll read next but, I'm only part way through this one.......

FrouFrou
12-30-2004, 10:26 PM
I posted this on the last thread but at the time I am currently rereading Dr Phils Weight Loss Challenge and still working on Four Blind Mice.

Angie~glad to hear about the book Sams Letters to Jennifer. Was wondering if it was good. I figured it was tho or I wouldn't have bought it-duh. Anyway, I have it also...just haven't gotten around to reading it.

Marti~I too love to read, always have since grade school. But it seems now days I have to be in a mood. And when I am I go crazy and try to read a lot of books. Then I just stop...like now. I should have been done with the Four Blind Mice but the holidays came and I guess I just got busy with other stuff.

PamPSM644
12-31-2004, 01:29 PM
Just thought I'd share an auther I am so impressed with. His name is Christopher Paolini and the books name is "Eragon".He started to write this book right after graduating highschool at 15 yrs old.He was inspired by a love of Tolken. He was all of 19 when this book was published.It's wonderful read for adults and teens and the jacket says he's writing another book that is a continuation of this story.`15 ,wow

kellibee2000
12-31-2004, 08:07 PM
I just got finished reading Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination. Its Helen Fielding's newest book. She wrote the Bridget Jones books. I'm now reading Anthony Keidis' book Scar Tissue, the chili peppers are my favorite band.

FrouFrou
01-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Finally finished Four Blind Mice by James Patterson-wow-great book. Now I am going to start Sam's Letters to Jennifer-you have me curious Angie. Of course I have been meaning to get to it. That and Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas by him also.

Happy reading everyone!

FrouFrou
01-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Angie~I see why you cried...I started and finished Sams Letters to Jennifer Sunday. When I start reading a good book I almost have to finish it and I couldn't put this one down. When you know who told Jennifer he had you know what I almost died!!! (I don't want to give away too many details in case someone is going to read it!) Such a good book. I am a big fan of James Patterson, good writer. I started Suzannes Diary to Nicholas yesterday and am reading it in between Dr Phils book and Fit From Within. I have already read those two but kept them as I figured I would read them several times. this time I am making notes and writing down some good points. Really gets you to thinking about a lot of things.

da fat n da furious
01-04-2005, 04:57 PM
I loved Letters to Nichols too..
I have to say James Patterson is one of my favorite authors too, just finished Big Bad Wolf...ooo was it ever good. Hated that it was over. Can't wait for the next book...this is the Alex Cross series.
Right now I am reading Kiss me while I sleep, by Linda Howard,,, oh so good. Very intense.
I find the ladies at work are all Nora Roberts fans so we share our books around the room.... I feel like Im the library with all my books piled on the floor near my desk and every so often someone stops by for something to read.

PamPSM644
01-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Anyone ever read Tony Hillerman?I love the way he can weave a muder mystery around the fabric of Native American traditions and beliefs. I get a good read and lean things all at the same time.I just started "Skeleton Man". Sence I've read so many other of his books with these same heros it almost like visiting with old friends.

da fat n da furious
01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
oooh Pam I will have to look into that author. Thanks...

FrouFrou
01-09-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh my goodness! I was finishing up Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas yesterday and it killed me! Angie I am not sure which one made me cry more...that or Sam's Letters to Jennifer. I really liked them both and if anyone reads them make sure you have kleenex close by. Also read Buried Lives last night-had to see what happened and boy was it confusing at first. It all came together in the end and I was a little surprised. Crazy stuff but good book, or so I thought. Okay, so I was on a reading binge yesterday and last night. I started Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich. Got to Chapter 4 and couldn't stay awake any longer. Not sure why I haven't read any of these books before. I am hoping to finish it today-not sure what I will read after that.

Happy reading ladies!

Edited: Still working on Hard Eight and then will start Honeymoon by James Patterson. Forgot that I had ordered it a month ago and it wouldn't be available till Jan.-just received it yesterday. It is supposed to be really good so we will see.

Tea Rose
01-12-2005, 03:37 AM
Hi Everyone
Cristi are you a speed reader,or just in the mood to read,I have been on a hiatus from reading for a short while, everytime I put a book in my hands I fall asleep, I found one of those little book lights over the holidays when I purchased some books for my son at coles ,He asked for The Hiram Key and The Second Messiah by Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. He also loves Carl Sagan,anyway when he's done I may give them a read except for Carl Sagan thats a little deep for me. But having said that, my much anticipated book Unexpected Blessings by Barbara Taylor Bradford has been shipped , I have been waiting for it since last May, I also ordered Once Upon A Rose by Nora Roberts, and for a complete change of pace Witness,by Amber Frey, not really sure if there is anything more to learn about this tragic story, but I have followed it from beginning to end so I would like to hear what she has to say, not the kind of book to bring enjoyment though. What type of books are those ,you girls are reading, Four Blind Mice ,Hard Eight, Big Bad Wolf, Pam my son loves JRR Tolkien books he has many.

FrouFrou
01-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Ellen~no speed reader here...just love to read and have since I was young. That's what DH does and DS#2-they don't care to read-think it is boring and can't get thru many pages. DH will fall asleep after a few pages. I started the kids young on books and two of them still enjoy reading. Of course they read different stuff than I do. DD is into poetry and religion stuff, among other stuff, all kinds. DS#1 is a history buff and also likes religion, plus stuff like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings. Me I read all kinds of stuff except stuff like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings-LOL or stuff like Anne Rice writes. Four Blind Mice is a murder mystery. James Patterson is a good Author and writes different stuff but most of the stuff I have read that he wrote has been murder mysteries. Here lately I am into a mystery mode except for Sam's Letters to Jennifer & Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas-those too were good but sad. I didn't even know he wrote stuff like that. Hard Eight I must say was very good. For some reason I thought Stephanie Plum was a PI but she is a bounty hunter and very funny. Love grandma and the sister! :lol: I stayed up till 2 this morning so that i could finish this book and I definitely will be reading more,especially if any of them are like Hard Eight.

Happy reading...

Tea Rose
01-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Hi Everyone
I made a different choice in books, as I mentioned up above , I ordered Amber Freys Witness, I followed the Laci Peterson Tragedy from beginning to end, the whole thing haunts me still,. I changed my mind wondering if I really wanted to read or hear any more about the tragic conclusion,so I put in a cancellation order, but they had already shipped it out, so I recieved it today, and I read it from cover to cover in one sitting, Unbelievable turn of events in Ambers life, Its so surreal. anyway I am not dissappointed to have received it ,but it still haunts me ,I don't think I will ever be able to put Laci's beautiful face and smile out of my mind.

Jane
01-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Ellen - the whole situation was just so sad! When I see Laci's mom and dad on TV, that's when it gets to me, although I also feel sorry for Amber Frey.

I bought John Grisham's new novel The Broker yesterday. I have only read a few pages, since I was so tired when I went to bed, and didn't last long, lol. If I can get my work done early enough, I'll read some during the day today and not wait for bedtime. It's funny, because in the first paragraph, he mentions the US president from Vincennes, William Henry Harrison. He caught a cold during his inaguration which turned into pnuemonia, and he died 31 days later. Harrison's home is a big tourist site here.

FrouFrou
01-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Ellen~I saw that book on the shelf a few days ago and couldn't bring myself to even open it. I know she had nothing to do with the Peterson case other than having an affair with the guy but I still can't read anything about her. Didn't even want to see her on the talk shows-I kind of think she exploiting this and just saw a way to make money. I really was shocked to see she had a book out. I too have followed the Peterson case and it is so very sad to me. Lacey looks a lot like one of my cousins, with that pretty smile. I don't think the guy should die either. I think he should live a long life of suffering in prison. Just don't know how the man could kill his pregnant wife.

Read James Pattersons Honeymoon and was a little disappointed. They built it up to be great and I didn't think it was so great. It was okay, maybe give it 3 stars. So started on the Sue Grafton ones again. G is for Gumshoe, not so good. Hadd to skim thru most of it because it bored the crap out of me but had to see what happened at the end. So then started H is for Homicide, it is a little better than G but has it's boring parts. I hate that she has to go thru soooo much detail about a place or person. After that I am going to read a Catherine Coulter book, can't remember the title. Can't take too much of her books at one time but want to finish off the ones I have. I may take these to the used book store and either trade them or just sell them. Definitely not something I will read again. Anyway...Happy reading all!

Tea Rose
01-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi Cristi
As far as the book Witness For The Prosecution, I to wasn't sure that I wanted to read it, as a matter of fact after I ordered it , I tried to cancel the order but it had already been shipped. I wasn't sure what to expect , but I wasn't dissappointed with what I read. I agree that situations like this do get exploited and for the most part I dissagree with that., in this case I think ,and this is just my opinion, that Amber,was also a victom, she dated a man , who she believed single, and because of his deception,put her life and that of her familys in turmoil and danger.She doesn't sell herself in the book, its pretty straight forward facts,. I can only say in her defence that this man has caused her and her family a lot of heartache,and Amber is well aware of the heartache and torture to Laci and her family, if not for Amber , I dare say he might have walked,and justice would not have been served, she did put her life on the line , to help put this guy where he belongs, and I think as she was a voice for Laci and Conner ithink she also for her childrens sake ,needs to have a voice,to defend her reputation, and dignity and I think in this book she has done it gracefully,and respectably for her family,and Laci's Family .If she goes on to make other books then I would say, otherwise, but if she leaves it here, I can respect her decision to write this book. I also agree that Peterson should not die, I think he should live out the days of his life in general population not protected from the other inmates, I think he should know fear,live fear and die in fear, like Laci and Conner did, I will never know why people commit crimes like these, I guess you would have to see inside their souls to know. No one has the right to take a life, and to take the life of your wife and unborn child is pure evil. I wish for him many many years of anguish. I spent every minute of my Christmas decorating thinking of Laci the baby and the families of this horific crime , I could not put Laci's Christmas tree all decorated, nor her Merry Christmas on her chalkboard out of my mind,or the beautiful smile that will forever be etched in my heart and mind.

What type of books does Catherine Coulter write,.I have been reading some books by Debbie Macomber, When Christmas comes, its a light hearted Christmas story, The Shop on Blossom Street I am currantely reading and enjoying, and Changing Habits iis next ,I also have to read The Jewels of Tessa Kent by Judith Krantz and Love and Devotion by Erica James, these are the types of books I enjoy most as well as Barbara Taylor Bradford, Specifically the Emma Harte Series.I have a real collection of books I have read now,I know I will definitely read some of them again,I just have to figure out now what to do with them , I think I would like to keep them, I also wish that my daughter read , but she doesn't have time ,and she really at this stage of her life doesn't enjoy it the way I do, but who knows that could change someday, and she will have a whole library of books if I keep reading the way I have been.

FrouFrou
01-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Oh Ellen~I do agree that Amber was a victim in this also. Because I don't think anyone really needed to hear her story. No to sound harsh but she came off like she didn't care at first. She was just out for a good time, looking for attention. I think she just got scared thinking she would get in trouble and people would think she had a part in it. But...back to her being a victim, yes she was a victim but I don't feel because someone was a victim (in her instance) that she should go off and do interviews and write a book and make money off of it. I think she just saw an opportunity to make some money off of it. From what we saw on tv I just don't have a good opinion of her and I can understand the book trying to explain things-wonder if there is any double talk. But that's just me and we will just agree to disagree, I do respect that everyone has a different opinion on things and once in a while we are not all going to agree-doesn't make either one of us right or wrong. :) Anyway...Catherine Coulter writes mysteries/thrillers (FBI). The one I am getting ready to read is Eleventh Hour. I like Debbie Macomber-I bought a couple of her Christmas books at Christmas time-thought it might get me in the spirit and it did!

Tea Rose
01-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Hi Cristi
I agree, to agree ,to disagree, but I do respect your opinion.

PamPSM644
01-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Cristi and Ellen, living in CA I am well aware of the Scott Peterson case and Amber Frye. I discovered the girl and her family have been though **** due to this. They still are. Theres a web site by his parents gathering donations for further defence and lots of people are willing to donate. Go figure? Amber and her parents are still being tormented. Can you imagin just some of the cost they have had? Gloria Allred is a high profile attorney and I'd bet expensive. Plus I heard they'd had to move and go into hiding during the trail. It must of cost Amber a mint to higher her.What ever money she gets from this book I say good. Her life has been tainted by this man and there isn't enough compansation in this book for that.It didn't come out at the trial but the police thought he was coming to kill her. They found whats called a rape kit in his trunk.

Enough of that man,yuk!

I just finished The Tony Hillerman's book.Now I'm on to one set in Ireland.It's by Erin Hart and called "Lake of Sorrows". It's about a "bog body which at first it thought to be ancient but is then found to be waring a watch.

FrouFrou
01-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Why does Amber Frye need an attorney? Who is she suing? And why? I think to if she would quit going on tv and exploiting herself people would just forget about her tho and she wouldn't have to keep trying to defend herself. And she chose to have an affair with Scott, she wasn't forced into it. Anywho...I quit following it once Scott Peterson was found guilty and I sure don't want to see or hear what Amber Frye has to say. JMHO :) Anywho....

Trying to finish up I is for Innocent and have picked it up twice in the last two days only to read a couple of pages and put it back down. Guess this cold is making me not want to do anything. I was hoping to start Eleventh Hour by Catherine Coulter this weekend. The way it looks I will be sleeping all weekend. :(

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Cristi I'm sure this is only the beginning of books movies,etc,and some will be exploitive, some will be factual and some will be heartfelt. This is one of those heartwrenching tragedies that will be debated for years to come.Scott Peterson has yet to be formally sentenced,and once he is I to hope that the devastating circumstances of this case will fade,but not the awareness of preditors like Scott Peterson.I think Amber Frey has an important message to relay to all women. Sometimes it takes someone in a high profile case , to bring awareness of the dangers, that are in our society,she trusted this man with her life and that of her childs as did Laci, How do we cast blame on the victims to blame Amber is to blame Laci both were innocent women who loved ,trusted and were betrayed , the only one here to blame is Scott Peterson and the evil that possesses him.Who better to speak out for victims ,than they themselves who have been victimized , to be denied to speak, is casting blame,and shadowing awareness. their voices should be heard , for people to understand,to become aware,that there is danger among us ,and we must do everything to protect ourselves,and our families. Maybe this is to an emotional case for me to have discussed here. We just have a difference of opinion, no hard feelings.((HUGS))

PamPSM644
01-22-2005, 05:07 PM
If there is one good thing to come out of Conner's and Lacy's deaths it is to bring out to the forefront the fact that 90% of PG women who die are murdered by the baby's father. This is awful and needs to be talked about and people made aware of.Maybe then it can be prevented.

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 09:57 PM
What A Sad State This World Is In, When Pregnant Women Or Any Woman Has To Fear Her Husband Or Partner,but It Happens Every Minute Of Everyday Somewhere,we Need To Be Aware , It Needs To Be Addressed , And Justice Must Be Served,so There Is Never Another Tragic Ending Like Laci And Conners.

FrouFrou
01-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Pam and Ellen~I was thinking of my post all day and it was buggin me because I didn't want you ladies to think I was coming off as a know-it-all or a witch with a 'b'. When I said I didn't want to hear or see anything about her- I meant in the media, not from you ladies. It doesn't bother me to talk about it. And to be honest I don't know the whole story about Amber Frye and I don't blame her for anything and I do feel for her. It is sad that her life is in such turmoil because of that idiot. But I don't think people are going to put too much into what she says because I think they have formed their opinions about her, I guess I am probably one of those people. I totally understand what you are saying Ellen-no one is to blame here but Scott Peterson. I just think in some cases people exploit themselves just to make money and that is what is sad-when another gets paid off of someone elses misfortune. And no there are no hard feelings. What is crazy is there are too many pregnant women dying nowdays and not just at the hands of their DH or SO. Like the woman who cut that girls baby out of her belly! That was just horrible and that has happened before also. Thank god this baby lived. Anyway. Just wanted to say that.

I tried reading today but didn't get far, as a matter of fact I opened the book, held it for a couple of mns. and just closed it. Maybe tomorrow.

PamPSM644
01-22-2005, 11:14 PM
:) Cristi,we love you. :df:

Tea Rose
01-22-2005, 11:22 PM
Hi Cristi
There is a lot of people who feel the way you do,everyone is entitled to their opinion.I assumed you meant the media,when you spoke, not to worry, no offence taken. I have been the same way the last month as far as reading, just couldn't consentrate ,so I would pick them up and put them down, I have just begun reading again , but I am sticking to more lighthearted books for now, I just finished one I had hoped to read during the holidays When Christmas comes , and I have one called Silver Bells by Luanne Rice that I also hoped to get through during the Christmas season but yet to read. The Shop on Blossom Street,I am just finishing up , both by Debbie Macomber, I have one more book of hers called Changing Habits, that may be the next although I may mix it up depending on my mood.I have stocked up with a few books ,so I have a bit of a choice,so I guess the mindset will dictate the one I choose. I actually tried to read a couple of other books but couldn't consentrate, on them at all,it just depends how I feel at the time, I do hope your feeling better tonight.((HUGS))
I see Pam up there and yes we do :)

Marti
01-24-2005, 12:20 AM
I forgot to mention that I finished the book I was reading.."Dark Rivers of the Heart" It was a good book. At the end...I felt it was leading to another book??? But I don't know. I really enjoyed it.

Now...to find another good read!!

Jane
01-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi ladies,

As I mentioned on the chit chat thread, I just finished The Broker by John Grisham. It was great! Although it's fiction, I suspect our government is ran just about as slip-shod and underhanded as the author portrays.

Now I'm reading a paperback version of Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts. The cover says it's part one of In The Garden trilogy, which is a plus if I like the book. Has anyone else read this? So far, so good.

FrouFrou
01-24-2005, 01:46 PM
Marti~who is that book by? I thought I read something about it but not sure.

Jane~DS has The Broker which means I don't have to buy it. :) But will have to wait till he reads it. Used to be a fan of Nora Roberts but haven't read anything of hers lately, actually in a while.

Thank you Pam, you're a sweetie!

I didn't get much reading done at all, tried but didn't. I am dying to start Eleventh Hour but won't till I finish the other.

Marti
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Cristi--It's by Dean Koontz. (I forgot to put that yesterday!) Good book...do you have it? I'm starting another book.....one you sent me....

No Place Like Home by Barbara Samuel I've just started it (only a few pages in)

Let me know if you'd like to read that book...I'll send it your way!

FrouFrou
01-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Marti~that book sounds familiar but I don't think I have it. I used to be a big fan of Dean Kootnz but haven't read anything of his for a while. Seems my taste has changed. I've always liked Mary Higgins Clark and LaVryle Spencer, still do but now have been reading a lot of mystery/thriller FBI/PI stuff. Which a lot of them end up with someone falling in love so I still get the romance also.

FrouFrou
01-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Finally finished I is for Innocent. I must say it had me going and it was much better than the last one (H). Started Life of Pi Saturday and so far so good. I like the guys style of writing. While it's not my normal reading Katy got me interested in it. Hadn't heard of it before till then and had to go to Barnes and Noble to see what it was about-the reviews were good and it sounds good so we will see. After that another Janet Evanovich-To the Nines. Read one of hers and really liked it so found this one on the sale table at B & N for $4.98-not bad for a hard cover.

So...what's everyone else reading?

Marti~are you lliking No Place Like Home?

Well, happy reading everyone.

Marti
01-31-2005, 03:58 PM
I finished "No place like home" yesterday. I have to say....that book made me cry! I was sitting there reading while James & Jhanai were watching tv and I just had tears rolling down my cheeks!

I liked the book very much.

Not sure what I'm reading next.......have to browse through my books.

da fat n da furious
02-01-2005, 11:27 AM
OMG Marti I read that book years ago and remember it well. Sobbed. As I did when reading Mixed Blessings...Brandon was doing phsyio and Im sitting there bawling. wiping my eyes on the t-shirt. ....lol
need to go do a library run,,,out of books right now

da fat n da furious
02-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Jane have passed Nora Roberts book around the office,,,seems more then half our office love Nora Roberts and we all share books. And totally enjoyed Blue Dahlia, waiting for the next one.
The other authors we all like are James Patterson and I got a few people onto Janet Evanovich.

FrouFrou
02-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Marti~glad you liked the book!

Angie~I must say you got me started on the Janet Evanovich books. When I first saw the name it looked and sounded familiar but found out I hadn't read anything of hers afterall. Then after the first one I loved it! Grandma, Lula and the sister are funny! Of course me being me didn't start with the first one, just kind of jumping all over but I like her. Haven't read Mixed Blessings but heard it is good. Haven't read any Nora Roberts in a while but did enjoy the ones I have read. James Patterson I love also although I was a little disappointed with Honeymoon. Wasn't much mystery to it at all, just kind of to the point. I like the ones where he keeps you guessing about who did what. Like with some of his other books-Suzannes Diary to Nicholas-that one and Sams Letters to Jennifer had me in tears, really good.

Anyone else reading anything good you want to share?

Tea Rose
02-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi Everyone
Has anyone read The Red Hat Club by Haywood Smith, thought I might give it a try next it sounds like a book I would like to read. but I have never read anything from this author.

FrouFrou
02-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Ellen~the name sounds familiar but off hand I can't think of anything by him. LEt us know if it is good.

caldollgrl
02-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I read the Red Hat Club and Loved it. I am waiting for the second installment. The ladies in the book are great and you'll feel like one of the group. Three more years and I can joined the red hats. LOL

Doreen

Tea Rose
02-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi Doreen
Thanks I am looking forward to this series of books they sound so good< I will definitley buy the next in the series The red hats rides again, to, I think it comes out in march ,I like stories that continue, like the Emma Harte series.How old do you have to be to get in that club anyways,maybe I can join:lol:

caldollgrl
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
Tea Rose, I do believe you have to be 50. My mother belongs and loves it they do some great things together. I think they they let women who are 40 in but they are called pink hats. If you do a web search for the red hat society you can get lots of information. Enjoy the books.

Doreen

Tea Rose
02-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone
My book The Red Hat Club came today, I'm excited to read it, I just have to finish The Jewels of Tessa Kent first, I am really enjoying this book, its just I fall asleep every time I start to read lately and its kind of hard to read with your eyes closed :lol: Hmmm Red Hat club , Red paint what do you suppose is going on with me :lol:

Jane
02-10-2005, 12:25 AM
Ellen - I have friends who belong to the Red Hat Club (and purple clothes) and they seem to have a lot of fun. Let me know if you like the book. Doreen is right - the younger ones wear pink hats and lavendar clothes. I read the Jewels of Tessa Kent, but can't remember if it was any good. Maybe your current fascination with red is symbolic that you want to Paint the Town Red, lol.

I'm reading an older book by Maeve Binchey - Silver Wedding. As I said before, I just love her books. She lives in Dublin. Maybe I'll get to meet her.

Tea Rose
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Hi Jane
I tried to find a chapter here , but I couldn't find one,That would be fun I think.
Maybe your right , may I have been suppressing the deep desire to get out , and have some fun :lol: but I had better start with a room inside the house and see if I get into any trouble there first , before I venture into town:lol: I will difinitely check out Maeve's Bincheys books . Maybe you will meet her , and tell I said Hi, will you :lol: Surely she's heard of me,:lol:

FrouFrou
02-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Finally finished Life of Pi! Boy, didn't think I was ever going to get through that one. Having DD read it because apparently I didn't get it. She likes to read stuff like that so thought maybe she could share a different twist on it. :shrug: Also read Green Angel by Alice Hoffman, short but good. Read that last night, like I said it was short. Now I am on Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner, so far, so good. She's kind of funny and I think this one will be good.

So is anyone reading anything good they want to share?

Happy reading ladies!

FrouFrou
02-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Okay, I am reading two books at the same time-lol. I started Good in Bed but a couple nights ago I was in a reading mood and wanted to read in bed. Can't have the fan light on when V is trying to sleep so the lighting is not so great so I chose a book with bigger words. Good in Bed has tiny letters/words and whent he lighting is bad, not a good thing trying to read. So, I started Leaving Eden and now I am trying to finish it. So far it is good. It's a bout a girl wanting to be like her mother and wants to go to Hollywood to be a star. Well, her mother never was and ended up dying with cancer. Her father spends all his time in the bar and she is raising herself. It really is good and kind of funny.

Anyone reading anything they want to share? Feel like I am talking to myself here :lol:

Marti
02-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I haven't read any books since "No place like home" I had to give myself a rest on reading.

But I plan on starting another book soon....just not sure which one yet.

da fat n da furious
03-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Am reading a J.D. Robb, which is Nora Roberts. The book is called Visions in Death. It was hard to get into cause it takes place 2059... but now Im right into it.

There are few books Im wanting to read, just trying to find the time.

FrouFrou
03-04-2005, 01:48 PM
DO NOT POST HERE PLEASE! :) Head on over to Bookclub #4, see ya there. :wave: