Carb Counters - 2005's InductioN BooT CamP

View Full Version : 2005's InductioN BooT CamP

Leenie
12-29-2004, 07:35 AM
At the request of Purple Hugs, here is a thread for 2005's Induction Boot Camp.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=739196&postcount=24

Purple Hugs
12-29-2004, 12:54 PM
blushing slightly...
Thanks! :D

Karen started a boot camp some time ago.. and i thought it was a fab idea... here's her original posting:
Hi all!

I am starting back at Induction tomorrow morning. I started to add nuts back into my diet and the cravings are back. :?: So I thought I would start a thread that is very very Strict Induction! I need the A** kicking to keep me on track right now!

Rules for this thread:

1) Must be 100% DANDR Induction. (2 FULL WEEKS)
2) NO Atkins Bars or other low carb treats
3) NO Whining/"why can't I stay on track"
4) NO Excuses
5) 100% support of each other getting on track and staying there!

Remember this is Boot Camp! :D Think of Louis Gossett Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman" We can do it! Just need to put our minds to it!

If anyone is willing to jump on board with me, check in anytime! If not, I still will post here to make myself accountable!

My short term goal is to get through 2 weeks induction with a view to 2 more weeks (really need to get some weight GONE).
I need to 'expand' my breakfast idea's too.

Uggamugga4
12-29-2004, 03:12 PM
I am SO on this with you!!!!!! So, so, so! on this with you!!!! Hey purple, I'm counting on you to stay with this too!!! :) No mess up's, just pure goal driven, right?! :D

Purple Hugs
12-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Absolutley! Can't afford not too... my 'small' jean's I got to buy in the spring are too tight now.. still JUST fit in, but don't want to have to shelfe them... or worse the zip bust on me!! hehe

We CAN do it!! I'm aiming for a 4-6 week induction depending on how I can improve my 'menu'. I really need to shift some of this weight this year. For sure. :)

barbmarie
12-29-2004, 07:09 PM
I'm in until Valentines. Just restarted induction 12/26. I really need to stay on track this time. How does this work? Check in everyday? I missed it last time.

Purple Hugs
12-30-2004, 03:42 AM
Hi
I'm new to this site, so am not totally sure how the last ones worked...but it looked like people checked in daily to talk about their menu's, support, how they were feeling, losing etc.

Just seemed a great idea to chat with others on induction at approx the same time as you.

How are you gettting on?
I found breakfast the hardest meal of the day when I started originally. What do you eat for breakfast? Are you following a strict induction, or modifying it?
I accidentally modified it last time, as didn't weigh things, but will do it 'properly' this time, and possibly for longer.

I look forward to chatting more! :coffee: over a glass of water of course! ;)

lady_adnerb
12-30-2004, 08:27 AM
I'll join,,but I'm not starting until 1/2 (or 1/3--not sure yet). Check back with you all later :)

barbmarie
12-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Right now I am pretty strict. I plan to stay that way through Valentines. Then I will add the tortillas and nuts back in. It's easier then when you can make the wraps.
I find breakfast the easiest and eat it throughout the day, scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon or ham. Mix up an omelet. Or just keep boiled eggs handy. Yum. I made the best Chef Salad yesterday with leftover ham from Christmas.
For dinner I am having steaks (precooked) or burgers with Veggies. Just started this week, so it is still new and looking forward to it. Not sure what else would do for breakfast, any leftovers from last nights dinner?

Purple Hugs
12-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Barbmarie: sounds like you are doing fab

lady_adnerb: the new year is a great time to start. We aren't all starting the same time, so don't worry! ;)

I must admit eggs are the one thing I got bored of last time, but am going to look at alternatives for some days.

I've managed to go shopping and am starting Tomorrow now.. i've brought it forward as I don't drink, and although we have friends over for new years day dinner, it'll be easy to be atkins friendly... as it's at my house and is roast dinner. :) Hubby surprised me today and bought low carb beers for himself.. they were a little dearer but he seems to mean business this time himself. Last time he ate rice and stuff even though I couldn't.

Well, there we are! House if full of good meats, eggs, salad, and allowed veggies! :D feels good to be getting back on the wagon ! :smug:

Uggamugga4
12-30-2004, 12:24 PM
Ya, if you ladies are pressed this hard to 'get the job done' I will be too! Today is day 3 of induction for me. I haven't weighed myself this morning.. I'm going to go do that and see what has happened, if anything. Drumroll****** YAY!!! 3 pounds gone! So now I have just undone the damage I did for Christmas, and today starts my real weightloss goal of at least 10lbs gone by Valentines day.

Purple Hugs
12-30-2004, 01:40 PM
Good for you!! Amazing how induction can do that isn't it!!
:D

Uggamugga4
12-30-2004, 03:20 PM
I am so recharged by you're enthusiasm Jane. Btw.. Great name! My second daugher Riley's middle name is Jane, after my mom. :D Riley Jane.

Mmmmm, I found the best hamburger at this little corner market. I can't believe how good it is!!! I just had about a pound of meat and a pork chop, for lunch! hahaha!!! I bet I'll be full for the day, but it is hillarious how we can down that much fat and meat, and totally lose weight!

Purple Hugs
12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
What a lovely name! Riley.
My daughter is Erin Eloise
I don't actually like Jane very much.. there were a LOT of jane's when I was a child and it drove me mad! hehe

Glad you had a good lunch, and enjoy meat eating!! It certainly helps on this woe!! :D Can you imagine doing atkins as a vegitarian?

jdoggmartin
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm in on this starting on 1/3/05, like Brenda. I need a few days to re-energize and mentally prepare myself. I also need to do some throwing away of Christmas sweets and shopping for the Atkins-allowable stuff. I'm excited about losing weight, but dreading the feeling of induction...

VanIsle
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
I too am on induction starting on the 3rd.
I've warned my family all the Xmas goodies are GONE out the door.
I will stay on induction till at least Valentines
Hopefully I can undo the damage I have put my body through this Christmas and have learned that there is no such thing as a little cheat.
Is there an excersise componant to this challenge?

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 06:56 AM
jdoggmartin - you can cope with the feelings of induction.. look how fab you've been doing!! :D Remember the benefits, and you'll do fine, the 2 weeks goes in really quickly. And we're all here for you!! ;)

VanIsle - we haven't thought up an exercise challenge as part of this, perhaps we should pledge one in our signatures along with our Boot Camp involvement.

What do you all think??

Well I started induction today, 2 boiled eggs in butter for breakfast, and off to have tuna with lettuce and cucumber in a bit. :D Lots of water going down, and feeling good so far. Have been busy with a fostering meeting this extending our age range and number of children. :D All good stuff.

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 12:01 PM
Morning Jane! I think I had too many calories yesterday, but low on the carb range. I was at 2450 calories yesterday, but 18 carbs. That's a lot meat! LOL Wow! I was hungry yesterday. I feel so sick today though. I am coming down with the flu. :( How many carbs in Day-quil?

Are you counting calories too?

I find that if I eat breakfast, I am hungry for the rest of the day. If I drink coffee/liquid most of the day then I eat normally for lunch, and have a good size dinner, and I'm totally satisfied. I love breakfast, but then I end up wanting to eat all day. :(

My throat hurts, my head hurts, my body hurts, but hey! I got a shower, my hair done, my make up on, I"M GOOD TO GO! :D YAY!

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 12:02 PM
Jane, that is a cute ticker! Where on earth did you get THAT? How cute!

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 12:12 PM
:D morning!! ok well it's 5pm here, but hey.. . thats time differences for you! hehe

I'm not counting calories, I barely cope with the counting carbs! hehe and weighing food to get to know again how much I should be eating. If you're hungry, eat, thats what I say, but something with nil carbs is always better!! ;)

My weight chart is home made.. did it this afternoon! :D Glad you like it, I've pm'd you.

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Right on Jane, I e-mailed you. ;) I so don't know how to do that stuff. :)

cbzmomof4
12-31-2004, 01:19 PM
I was just wondering if anyone was going to be starting a New Year's Induction! How wonderful. Please count me in....I will be starting on Jan 1st, bright and early. It may be a little hard for me, since I have to work nights Friday and Saturday night every week....I know that caffeine is suppose to be a No NO during induction. I don't know if I can last 12 hours straight without some wacky caffy! :?: :?: I will really try though.

Not sure if I can get on here every single day!

Thanks for starting this, I really need the encouragement.

Caroline

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 01:24 PM
WOOHOO!! Ok, so I have to brag a little. I just went in and tried on some clothes that I haven't even been able to squeeze into since last year.... and everything fits!! YAY!!!!!! Last year, after my hysterectomy, I lost 40lbs, then I ended up gaining it all back 4 mos later, plus gaining more!. So now, I've lost all the weight I gained last year. Yay!!!!!! That means I have "new pants", and "new tops" to wear!!!! :) YAY!!!

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 01:26 PM
cb- I totally drink a lot of coffee, and still lose weight. :) It isn't always a problem for everyone. ;) Don't cut it out, unless you find that you have to in order to lose. :) Thank GOD that's never been a problem for me.

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 01:34 PM
WOOHOO!! Ok, so I have to brag a little. I just went in and tried on some clothes that I haven't even been able to squeeze into since last year.... and everything fits!! YAY!!!!!! Last year, after my hysterectomy, I lost 40lbs, then I ended up gaining it all back 4 mos later, plus gaining more!. So now, I've lost all the weight I gained last year. Yay!!!!!! That means I have "new pants", and "new tops" to wear!!!! :) YAY!!!

woohoo for you! I remember that feeling earlier this year...
Well done! Enjoy your new clothes! and feel smug!! :smug: :devil:

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 01:37 PM
cbzmomof4

Don't fret too much about your shift 'fix' just make sure you still drink the water.. and don't count your coffee as the water! ;)
If you can bear decaf maybe mix half and half (half decaf / half regular) that way you'll be cutting down... and forgetting it! :D

I'm a tea drinker myself which is easier to 'kick' but struggled immensely with pepsi (full sugar / caffeine) but am 'clean' for a year now.

As for not getting here daily.. if you're missing for a day or so, we won't worry too much.. just try and post regular!
Hugs,

cbzmomof4
12-31-2004, 01:38 PM
Ugga!

WOW, that is great! Isn't that such a wonderful feeling!? Keep up the great work. I have been lurking! ;)

Hugs ;)
Thanks for the encouragement. :coffee: LOL Good idea about mixing half and half! That is great that you have been "soda" free for a whole year! I will calling you when I go through the withdrawls! UGH. Diet Pepsi might be a good choice.

My goal is to only have coffee and/or Diet Pepsi while I am @ work, and to limit it to 2 cups. Hold me to it!

Off, to take a nap before I have to get ready for work. Happy New Year to all! Tomorrow, a new day, with no mistakes in it! Hopefully, A New Year with many possiblities for all of us!

Caroline

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 02:03 PM
Caroline, sorry you're working over new year... what do you do?
Hope you can stomach diet pepsi better than I can... doesn't taste anything like the real stuff!
I found a carbonated water with flavouring that is nil sugar, nil carbs... tastes alright too!

We'll be here when the withdrawls start... I'll be along side of you! :D

lady_adnerb
12-31-2004, 04:21 PM
I can't make an exercise pledge because I'm a non-exerciser :rofl: I plan on TRYING to add it into my life...but no guarantees!!!

You all are doing GREAT!!! Keep up the good work and the day is fast coming that you'll see me HERE a lot :)

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 05:24 PM
cb, I am a major coffee drinker. Yep, don't count it as water, infact you have to drink more water. Between the coffee and water I'm full. :)

Off topic, but I just discovered the new thinger-ma-bobber on my webcam picture thing. haha! Did that make sence? LOL!!!!! But the picture reinhancement thing on the digital. :D WHat do you think of my new pic? :D

Purple Hugs
12-31-2004, 08:39 PM
Love your new pic ! really cool colours!

Happy New Year all!
It's 1.38 and I'm ready for bed... someone tell my hubbies brother and sister in law!! hehe

Uggamugga4
12-31-2004, 09:31 PM
hahaha!! I hate that. hahaha Company that doesn't know when it's time to go home!
Happy New Year!

Purple Hugs
01-01-2005, 05:48 AM
Thankfully we got to bed about 2.30am baby was up at 7.30am so not too bad.. :dizzy:

Stll, it was a fun new year watching the fireworks from our garden!

Have bacon, egg and burger (100% beef) on the go at the moment for breaky.. and resisted drinking last night - not much of a drinker anyhow.

Hope you are all feeling 'up for it' this morning.. or at least sticking to plan! ;)

Uggamugga4
01-01-2005, 12:16 PM
ya, my husband brought home low carb snacks.. Pork rinds and cream cheese. Poor dear. He was so proud because the pork rinds said 0 carbs. I started eating them, then realized they tasted sweet. So I read the ingrediants and one of the first ingrediants was sugar!!!! wooops!!! LIARS!!! Not nice! Jer got hurt feelings so I had to keep eating them with him. He tried. :) We had an awesome New Year. My kids actually all went down to bed at a NORMAL time!!! (which is so unusual for them!) We got to take a bubble bath, then go to bed. SO awesome! Such a rare thing. :)

YOu've gotta check out this website. lestoil.net THis site was just introduced to me. I think every woman should see it. This artist paints plus size women. Wow! I want to be a toil girl!!!!! Check it out! :)

Sonnet
01-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Yea! I'm here in boot camp too! I will not cheat. :nono: I will work with my tiny weights. :strong: :cb: :grouphug: :high: :yes: I will use my treadmill 5 to 7 days a week. :tread: We can do it! :drill:

Purple Hugs
01-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Uggamugga4 -

I'll check out that site.. That is really naughty of the pork rind people to state 0 carbs... are they allowed to do that? Or is it if it's under 1g they can? Over here you have to watch the trace, or 0's but the Nil's are Nil's if that makes sense! :dizzy:

Sonnet - Good to have you on board!! We need someone to kick us into exercise!! I haven't gotten that far yet, waiting for headaches to pass then I'll have a re-jig! ;)

Have had a great start to 2005 - Quiet lazy morning actually got to read for a while (James Herbert - Nobody True - from the library). Then friends came over late afternoon for dinner and we had a great time (they went off to the cinema afterwards), had a great roast chicken meal, and didn't feel daft with my large amount of chicken with some sprouts. hehe no gravy.. no stuffing, no tatties.. was a good girl! Even passed on pudding and drank water! Wow!

Now off for a cuddle and some tv with hubbie.. night night!

Uggamugga4
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
YAY! I know I lost more weight, even though it isn't showing up on the scale yet. I have these pair of jeans, that were my Christmas goal jeans. 2 weeks ago they were about 3 inches from even fastening, and today they fit great!!!! I am so excited!

Jane- YOU GOOD GIRL!!!! I'm so proud of you for skipping. I would have been so disappointed if you did. I have such a hard time passing up all of the things you did. My kids favorite dinner is roast chicken dinner, like you are talking about. mmmmm

I don't know why it's ok for them to list things that say 0 carbs when sugar is one of the first ingrediants. So naughty! Either way, I'm not going to let that get me down. That wasn't my fault, so I didn't exactly cheat, right? ;) As for my eating today, I've totally been OP. I feel so awesome, especially with the jean's thing.. Feelin like a hottie already.

Speaking of hotties, check out that site and tell me what you think? After my hubby and I looked at it, I've been feelin like a hottie. lol :D Makes you remember that you can be gorgeous at any size! But being healthy is best, and that varies from person to person. :D

Uggamugga4
01-01-2005, 04:59 PM
woops, Sonnet- YAY!!! OK BOOTCAMP! GO TEAM!

Purple Hugs
01-01-2005, 06:17 PM
popped on before bed.. and congrat's for getting your smaller jeans on !! Always a bonus.. feeling smaller!

I must admit what spurred me back on, was folding my friends jeans - she was poorly and I was helping her before xmas. She's a size 14 (uk) and they seemed so SMALL!! compared to my size 20's or 22's... I can't wait to be a 14 again one day! :)

On that site.. which artist did you choose? I've looked at the Les Toil section. :D great site!!

night night

Uggamugga4
01-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Jane, I know! I can't wait to be a size 14 again either! I know. That's almost goal! :) 14's are super hottie girls! As for the Les toil site, I clicked on all of it, but it was the Les Toil one that I was interested in. Cool! Inspires me to paint again! My husband wants me to do a self portait "les toil style", where I paint myself for him as a super hero. (hehehe) And for me to do one for him too. That would be so fun! I know I could do that no prob. :) That will probably be my ultimate goal reward. To do a self portrait for him, all curves included. ;)

Leenie
01-01-2005, 11:04 PM
I find that if I eat breakfast, I am hungry for the rest of the day. If I drink coffee/liquid most of the day then I eat normally for lunch, and have a good size dinner, and I'm totally satisfied. I love breakfast, but then I end up wanting to eat all day. :(

Ugga, I am the same way. Years ago when I lost 150 lbs thats exactly how I did it. No breakfast (nerver was a breakfast person) ate teeny lunch and a decent dinner...was happy and lost alot of weight.

Well.......when I tell people that, I only get negative feed back..ohh thats so bad, this and that...then I started feeling guilty, really guilty and started eating breakfast. Now I eat breakfast and wanna eat all day long. No its a habbit more than anything. So my goal in 2005 is to stop eating breakfast and do what makes me and my body happy. People are just different, why can't people just keep their P's & Q's to themselves LOL ;)

Just give me my coffee in the morning and I'm a happy Gurl !! :coffee:

Good luck w/induction everyone, I am sooooooooo rootin for y'all :D

Purple Hugs
01-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Each to their own I'd say... I think there will always be people sticking by the book and those that find it better to 'modify' slightly :D That's human nature in all things IMO

Although being accountable in threads such as this helps me!!

Uggamugga4
01-02-2005, 12:23 PM
jane- totally, the accountability is a must.

Leenie, I know! This way is OBVIOUSLY working for us. :)

I am a warm liquid drinker. lol That is just like food for me sometimes. :) Ya, I think we've been on the earth long enough to know what works for us. ;) Everyone is different. :)

Purple Hugs
01-02-2005, 01:13 PM
uggamugga4.. what does your name mean?? just wondering!!

barbmarie
01-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I am so glad to hear that about breakfast! I never ate it either and have been forcing myself. I do find I am hungry all day after...

1st week on induction..........3lbs. Was hoping for more. Gonna have alot join us tomorrow for boot camp it seems. Hate to see them pass me up, lol.

Had to work through New Years so first time back here. Hope no one overdid it. I sure didn't. Are you guys using the KetoStrips?

Purple Hugs
01-02-2005, 03:53 PM
:cheer: Congrat's on your weight loss!! That's fab!! :cheer:
Any loss is a loss.. don't fret too much about wanting for more. I'm sure if you've measured you'll be able to see inch loses.

Hope your new year was 'ok' given you having to work. ours was quiet but nice... stayed home with the kids, my hubbies brother and sister in law came over though.

Shall we keep track of how much everyone loses?? like on the other thread for valentines?

Uggamugga4
01-02-2005, 05:53 PM
jane- uggamugga's are like eskimo kisses. My kids love uggamugga's. You rub the tip of your nose on your childs nose. lol That's an uggamugga. 4 is because I have 4 little darlings to give uggamugga's too. :D

Purple Hugs
01-03-2005, 08:52 AM
ahhh see now I know! hehe I did wonder.. I figured the 4 out mind you ;)

KarenW
01-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi Gang - Then New Boot Camp thread is up now for the week: Here is the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=742560

remember.. Boot Camp is a weekly thread:)

Purple Hugs
01-03-2005, 12:35 PM
is this in addition to what we are doing here?

Uggamugga4
01-03-2005, 01:07 PM
Jane-Thanks for the new ticker!!!! YOU so Rock!!!!

YAY!!! I lost another pound!!!! 6 more pounds til I hit my first goal for Valentines Day! :D

KarenW
01-03-2005, 01:24 PM
is this in addition to what we are doing here?
No this thread will be closing down.. the Boot Camp thread is actually a Weekly thread... If we do a single thread all year.. there is NO way to keep track... So head on over to the new thread!

Purple Hugs
01-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Oh... ok.. am marching over to the new thread now!!

ugga... your welcome! let me know if you want it smaller though! ;) I won't mind I promise.. it's easy enough. See you at the new thread.