100 lb. Club - Changing my focus... read on to see why!!

tolose85
12-28-2004, 11:25 AM
I am preganant! :bb: :cloud9: I know they say you shouldn't tell anyone for at least 12 weeks because this is a critical time and a lot could go wrong during this time but... I just couldn't hide it from you, my friends!! I am so excited. :love: It's our first. I took a test on Dec 26 and it read positive. I didn't believe it so I took another one yesterday... It also read positive. I have the blood work and "official" results on Monday January 3. :crossed: I've been reading about what to expect and knowing that the first 12 weeks are so critical.. It makes me worry so much. :?: I just want to get to the "safe" time so I know that everything is ok! I am going to be a worrying pregnant person. I've been feeling kinda strange :spin: (its truly an unexplainable feeling) for about 2 weeks or so and I have noticed that I was constantly starving! SO when my period was 3 days late... the rest is history!

My new strategy is to be totally healthy, eat 2000 calories a day and exercise- when I am not too tired!!

Please pray for me that everything goes well through the critical stages of pregnancy. I can't believe its finally happening!

Love to you all!

glynne
12-28-2004, 11:32 AM
Wow Gretchen ~ congratulations!! I am so excited for you.

Lots of babies coming here. Maybe if the 100 lb club got to have another reunion ~ you all could come and show us your beautiful babies.

Amanda Panda
12-28-2004, 11:40 AM
Aaah, Gretchen - I am proud to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!! that is wonderful news!

Of course I will keep your baby in my prayers - I believe that all children are a gift from God!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news - I'm sure after the first trimester you will be able to relax a little and enjoy your pregnancy.

All the very best

Love Amanda x

Oh well, the second to say! ;)

PamPSM644
12-28-2004, 11:45 AM
Gretchen,this is wonderful! Haven't been PG myself in a long time but sure remember when I was with my now 29 yr old son. I knew it was a boy and I would talk to him. Strange, but I didn't have any morning sickness instead my X,his father had it. The poor man couldn't hold down his breakfast until our son was born.LOL :bb: :cb:

Inca's Momma
12-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Gretchen,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :grouphug:

I do totally understand the "first trimester" concerns and quite frankly am glad to be almost out of it myself. It was a very stressful couple of months but I know things will work out well for you!

Tammy32
12-28-2004, 01:05 PM
Gretchen, Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and your husband. What wonderful news to be sharing. I know it is hard not to worry in that first three months but try not to let it consume all your thoughts. I believe 2000 calories is about what they put me on when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I actually lost some weight on that. You are quite a bit smaller than I was so I figure you will only gain just what you need to. :) Exercise helps with the birth also. If you can keep up with your good habits your pregnancy will be a breeze. Maybe you will be lucky and not have to deal with much morning sickness.

Wow, I am so totally excited for you and your husband. All babies are special, but the first is always an extra special experience.

Sheila53
12-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Congratulations! Drink lots of orange juice, take your vitamins and walk, walk, walk.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news!

howie6267
12-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Yay Gretchen! Congratulations!

Dottie26
12-28-2004, 01:41 PM
congrats!

mezmerize
12-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Congratulations!!!! Your going to be a wonderful mother!!!

boiaby
12-28-2004, 01:57 PM
WOW! Another special baby for all of us to ohh and ahh over! Must be catching, no body drink the water!! ;) :D How exciting Gretchen, good luck and be well.

Beverly

tolose85
12-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Thanks you guys! I am so excited and worried at the same time. How many of us are out there now?

I know Dana, Kimberlie and me... who else did I miss??

djs06
12-28-2004, 03:00 PM
OH MY GOD, GRETCHEN!! Talk about jumping on the bandwagon here! :lol: I'm so excited for you! EEEP! I can't wait to hear all about it. Congrats to you and hubby! You're going to be such a great mommy.

Ivanna B. Skinny
12-28-2004, 08:58 PM
:bb: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bb:
Im SOO excited for you Gretchen! I've been feeling the old clock ticking again, but we're trying to wait till Abby is 3 at least! I'm sure you'll do just fine, and that you'll be a wonderful mommy!

Charbar
12-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Ahhhhh! Gretchen!!!!! I just read this! Congrats congrats congrats!!! :baby: !! I know all of us on this board are supposed to drink lots of water.. but ***shhhh*** I think there is something in the water! :lol: All the best. To have a negitive positive pregnancy test is very very rare. So congrats! With my first daughter and this baby they never tested me at the dr. Instead they just confirmed everything when they heard the heart beat.. (which is around 9-10 weeks) So have you figured out your due date? Early Sept?
I think people should tell others when they are pregnant - I can't keep a secret - plus if something did go wrong with my pregnancy I would never pretend the pregnancy and not tell anyone. You know ?

Here is a link you might want to visit....

http://bbs.babycenter.com/board/bbshome/bbs-birthclubs/birthclubs2005/1379770

I am so happy for you! I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. Take it easy... eat healthy and rest often. Listen to you body! All the best!

Dana

Gypsydancer
12-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Congratulations!!! How exciting for you! Remember to get plenty of rest. I was so tired the first weeks of my pregnancy, I'd fall asleep everywhere--on the bus, at my desk. I finally brought in a pillow and blanket to work, so I could take a little nap in the afternoon (shh! don't tell!).

Here's my favorite website for pregnancy and mothering issues:
http://mothering.com/discussions/

Jen
12-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Congrats also!! I was so tired the first trimester as well, I slept the whole 3 months I swear. You'll be so happy that you are not carrying that extra weight of your own once you start putting on baby weight. Don't worry too much about it though. I gained about 45 lbs and lost it all in 3 weeks after my little boy was born. It was all water and baby.

tolose85
12-29-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks everyone. I am so excited and scared at the same time. I just want everything to be ok through the first trimester. I guess this is the time that miscarriages happen. I know its such a critical time and I want to do everything right.

I'll tell you, I AM tired! REALLY Tired and SO HUNGRY! I actually took a nap today at lunch. I woke myslef up with my snoring!!! I MUST be tired. I don't usually snore unless I am exhausted. Right now I have an hour commute to and from work everyday. I hate the drive right now. I am so tired, I get afraid of falling asleep at the wheel. I've been cranking up the radio and putting the window down! So far so good!

Ahhh... this feels nice being pregnant... so far.... I'm sure in a few months I won't be saying this!

heather_dw
12-29-2004, 04:20 PM
aww,.. congrats! I am so happy for you!! I am sure that your hubby is thrilled:-D

Wow,.. there really must be something in the water around here..lol

SuchAPrettyFace
12-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Congratulations, Gretchen!!!! :D I knew what it was before I even opened the thread. :lol: You will make a fantastic mother.

I am worried about continuing to post here, though. :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Since I've been here, snowball, Dana, Kimberlie & now Gretchen!!! I can't let this happen to me!!!! :lol3:

dharmaspell
12-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Congratulations on your blessing. You will be a great mother :)

jkfla
12-30-2004, 05:08 PM
OMG how exciting!!!! so you have to tell us how you told your husband and have you told your family etc? what was his/their reaction?!?!?!?! if you are due in early sept have it on sept 1st. i have been waiting years for someone to have a baby on my birthday. LOL

so what other symptoms do you have? the very first symptom i had with both of mine is that i thought i had the flu and that was really scary because i was taking over the counter meds and then come to find out i was actually pregnant. the next symptom i had with both is that i couldn't sleep at night. i would lie there and toss and turn but never could fall asleep. i'd sleep just fine during the day though. i had another common symptom but its embarrassing so i'll keep it to myself. LOL

oh wow this is so great! just take it easy. i'm sure things will go well for you. Congratulations!

LakeGirl
12-30-2004, 05:16 PM
What a perfect Christmas present, Gretchen! I'm celebrating with you!

tolose85
12-30-2004, 06:26 PM
Shelly- Well, we were trying... (Only one time!!) so I took the test with my hubby right there. We were excited. I think I called my immediate family within 5 minutes of finding out! Everyone is so happy. I'm 28 so I thought it was time to get started! I'll shoot for the 1st of September although, Sept 7 would be even more awesome because its my birthday! Symptoms... Definitely sleepless nights... Extremely tired during the day and SO hungry!! I have some soreness of my breasts not too much and I already have the queezy stomach! I am excited but nervous just wanting to get throught the 1st 3 months. I go for a blood test on Monday and then onto my routine visits! I can't wait..

jkfla
12-31-2004, 11:39 PM
very cool. i wasn't really trying with my son but i wasn't not trying if ya know what i mean. with my daughter that was just a complete and total surprise..... only took one time. LOL i never had morning sickness with either of my two. so hopefully if you get it it won't be too bad. i'm still so excited for you and your hubby though!!! i could dance a jig, which might be a good thing so i can burn some calories off. LOL i can't wait til its time to start picking out names! do you already have some you like?

Sandi
01-01-2005, 01:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/kahuna23/bearcongrats.bmp
Couldn't be more excited for you!!! :)

Fitbabe
01-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Congrats Gretchen! I am so excited for you and your husband! I know you are nervous right now, and your family will be in my prayers. But in no time, this first 3 months will be over and you will be able to relax a little. Just think, next Christmas you will have a baby! I am soooo jealous!

Jenaya
01-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh Gretchen and hubby, I am so excited for you! A baby, how fabulous. I know it is hard not to worry but just remember that this is a natural process that your body is made to do. You will be fine. I remember being pregnant with my girls, it is a magical time - one of the best times of my life. As they grow, they start to move, then squirm around and then kick. They like to use your bladder as a trampoline and you bond with them from the moment you realize they are with you. Ah, gives me warm fuzzies. Enjoy! What a celebration... As for telling people, that is great! We can help celebrate. I know some say you shouldn't say anything until after 12 weeks but heh, if something did happen you would want and need the love and support of people who care for you. I have had four pregnancies, two of which were successful and I was grateful for the folks that celebrated and supported me through all. Run out and get yourself a copy of What to Expect when you are Expecting - great book. Don't worry, your energy will come back full steam in a few weeks. Congrats!

Jenaya

Br00klyn
01-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Gretchen! OMG! That's soooooo exciting! Good for you... I'm so happy for you.

Keep us informed... ;)

Congrats & Hugs!
Celina

mrs_streams
01-01-2005, 09:42 PM
:goodluck:

lessofsarahtolove
01-02-2005, 12:52 AM
GRETCHEN!!!!! OMG, how did I not SEE this???? I am SO, SO, SO excited for you!!! Aw, you sweetheart, I'm just grinning from ear to ear. :D Now, make sure you really take care of yourself -- naps, good eats, don't push yourself, lots of loving cuddles with the hubby.....you're going to be just fine!

As for this forum causing pregnancy: Let me just say that if I end up preggo, THEN all you ladies will have cause for concern! ;) I seriously amuse myself. :lol3:

Gretchen, I can't tell you how happy I am for you, seriously. I'm going to call you tomorrow, you pumpkinhead. Whoo whee!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

seashell
01-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Congratulations!!! I wish you and your family a very happy and healthy baby!

tolose85
01-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Well I went to the Doctor today to have my blood test done to confirm what I think I already know. Due to the damn HIPAA act, they couldn't leave my results on my answering machine AND by the time I got the message, they were gone for the evening! UGH. BUT the good news is that the person who called me back is the person you meet with if you are pregnant so I am assuming that I am.. I better be I'm 2.5 weeks late on my period, I have 2 positivie home pregnancy tests, my boobs hurt like **** and I have morning sickness... SOOO... I call tomorrow to get the final verdict! Just thought I'd share. Thanks for all your kind words of encouragement!

Love to you all!

missaprylj
01-04-2005, 12:10 AM
This is so exciting!!!! I'm excited!!! :lol:

Don't worry, I'm staying far away from the water for a looooong time!!! :rofl:

tolose85
01-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I got the blood test results back... I AM Pregnant! Happy Happy...

Fitst appointment Jan 14.... I'll have more info then!

Charbar
01-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Congrats again!! It's amazing how many times you need to be told until you believe! You want it so bad - and you don't want to be let down.

Now.. this is an order... rest.. as much as you can!! Trust me, you'll need it. Take care of yourself. If there is any time you are spoil yourself and treat yourself right the next 3 months is the time.

God Bless...

Dana

barbygirl43
01-04-2005, 11:29 AM
How did I miss this!!!! Many, many congratulations. I know it is hard not to worry about those first 3 months. Just take it one day at a time and I agree, you need to get your rest and if you have to go ahead and take those naps on your lunch break. I did. :)

Nancy Grace
01-04-2005, 04:19 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

But I was 258 when they told me I was pregnant with Olivia (3 in Feruary). When I went in to give birth I was 250. I know!!
When I got home I weighed 225. What was may GRACE. yoga. I took yoga 3 times a week and ate alot alot of raw veggies and hummus took my vitamins and drank plenty of water. The reason to worry will compel you to take better care of yourself. I have to admit that I took alot better care of my self than I do now. I wish you the best of luck.

Annie-Rose
01-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Gretchen how wonderful! I am so so happy for you! What a great year it will be for you both!!!! CONGRATULATIONS and take excellent care of yourself xx

~moon puppy~
01-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Congrats! I just finished that journey. You will be fine. Take it easy and enjoy every second after your ms goes away.
Motherhood had made such a profound impact on my life. I never knew I could love something so much that my heart hurt everytime I looked at them.
I also fall in love with my dh even more everyday watching him with our babies. My dh and I were saying the other day........ what did we do before kids? They are so much work but the payoff is one millionfold. :)