Old 12-28-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tuesday Chat 12/28

Well, it's Tuesday and I had to once again drag my lazy butt out of bed. Haven't started exercising yet. That'll happen when DH and DD's go back to work/school. No WAY am I exercising in front of them. Not unless DH joins in! The scale looks like it's going down nicely, so I'll hopefully be reporting losses the first week of the New Year. YEAH!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:58 AM   #2  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Brenda: sounds like you're back on track after the holidays. Hooray to You!!!! I wouldn't exercise in front of my husband either -- that beanpole!

Well, I stayed totally OP yesterday (a first since deciding to get serious about things again). Did so well, but ate WAY too many calories. It's just that I've been so savagely stuffing myself for the past few months that now my stomach needs huge amounts of food to feel satisfied. I know I just need to give it a few days before my stomach adjusts, and I no longer feel driven to eat 1,800 calories in one day just to satisfy the cravings for food!

DH promised to put work aside today and accompany me and DD to the movies today. I'm trying to make the most out of winter break before it's time to face my classroom again, so we're packing in bowling, movies, etc. at a feverish pace! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Good to see your smiling faces today

Gotta run, but I'll be back later
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:17 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Good Morning Ladies!!!! I'mmmmm baaaaaaack!!

Well got everything squared away after Xmas and trying to get back on track since my eating just plain sucked! I am sure I gained but I am not trying to be buggin' myself about that, I am just focusing on the job at hand, wheening off sugar (again!!) so that by the 3rd I am on induction. Gonna do induction for 2 weeks and then I should be back on track. I am hoping wheening off will save me some of the headaches since I already have been having horrible headaches lately, going to the dentist to make sure it is not a tooth buggin me. Yesterday I tried to go cold-turkey but ended up in bed with a migraine, I just don't haver time for that!! ahahahahaha The kids wanted to go ride their new bikes but my head hurt to bad.

B- goood to hear from you again I kept thinking of things to tell you while the computer was down but of course I can't remember them now....I am sucha ditz!

Hi Sped!!!! Good to hear you too!

Hi Leenie gal!!!

Hey I didn't miss Lisa having the baby did I????

Love TG

PS: SP Good to hear you too little lady!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #5  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Typical Tuesday

Good morning everyone!

Goodness it is so nice to finally have time to post again. I cannot tell you what a rat-race the holidays have been for me.. and they still arent over! New Years (my birthday! 38 ACK!) then January 6th is the Epiphany. I am 100% Italian and Italians actually consider that the bigger holiday than Christmas. My son had to do an oral report on Christmas in another country so of course he picked Italy! After researching it and talking about it with my mother, we discovered a custom that my family (or at least my parents) let lapse!! In Italy, there is a female verson of Santa called La Befana, To make a long story short, she travels the world on January 6th looking for the Christ Child, and leaving presents and sweets in the shoes of all the children in Italy. So of course, my kids want to do that too.."since we are half Italian". Paula, see what you teachers do to us? LOL

So with all this holiday rat race, I have made about a million cookies that have been in the family for ever. And I have had to sample all of them. Then came christmas dinner at my cousins house.. with more food and stuff. Sheesh, When I got on the scale yesterday and saw 177 I almost broke down and cried. I was so good last year, I actually LOST weight. But the good news is that I am bound and determined to get it off. I started running again and next week when the kids are back in school, I will be heading to the gym again.

Brenda - Great job staying OP! You have been so good sticking with it.

Paula - It is so good to see you posting again! I missed you! Great job staying OP yesterday and enjoy your Movies today!

Leenie - Good morning to you too! Have a great day!

TG - Welcome back... Computers can be such a pain sometimes! Mine went down for 3 days about 2 weeks ago... talk about withdrawl city!

As for me, I have to work today. Good thing I work from home! Actually my DD and I are going into Seattle to a photographer's to have him do some photography of crocheted Dresses for little girls and their dolls! I cannot wait to see how they come out!

I will be around though.. so I will check in later!
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:44 AM   #6  
Head Princess

Good morning, sunshines!

Brenda - I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Paula - I hear you on that! Happily for me, my brother got a big four-point buck this year and gave me some very tough venison jerky. I can cut two little pieces off and gnaw on them all day

Leenie!

TG - I missed you! And I'm soooo sad! I was out in SE a couple of months ago and Uncle *****y's is closed! We'll have to find another place to go now.

Carrie - I read your post from yesterday. That is excellent news! Congrats!

Well, I'm contemplating what extremes I want to go to to hit that elusive goal of mine while sitting here drinking my full-caf coffee with splenda and cream and jamming out to my Rob Zombie cd. I seem to remember once upon a time when I could go just fine without coffee. Can I do it again? Hmmmmmmm.

I've started a little informal food journal lately. Just jotting down what I eat and how it makes me feel. It's interesting. The foods I think I like the most aren't the ones that make me feel really good. So far, the items topping the feel good list are fresh spinach, cucumbers, crystal light sunrise, and carrots. What about you guys? What's the 'feel good' food for your body? I'm hoping that I can re-program myself and eat what makes my body feel good instead of my emotions
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #7  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Star - you snuck in on me! I am working on a food journal too. I need to see what is causing me to keep "falling off the wagon" these days too. The funny thing is that I have those darn headaches and feel just yucky and I still do it...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:47 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Karen - we were typing at the same time. Glad to see you're still around! And I swear you're the busiest person I know. How do you do it?
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 10:49 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarPrincess
Karen - we were typing at the same time. Glad to see you're still around! And I swear you're the busiest person I know. How do you do it?
LOL.. I dont know to be honest! Most of the time... I am getting by on the seat of my pants! But then again, my house is a disaster right now!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:51 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Just a flyby for now. DH is home this week which doesn't leave me time to be online much. All is well in my LC world and shall be until New Years Even Not stressing it, just itching to get this weekend over and starting fresh. Been toying w/the idea of going w/out soda again and just slugging the water. Not sure if I want THAT headache again or not. Hope you're all doing great OP and talk to you tomorrow
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:02 PM   #11  
Mom, Queen of Everything

Just a quick hello to say a very big THANK YOU!

You know, girls....I was really doubting if I'd ever get back on track after months of trying. But it took me until last week to really realize the missing factor was ALL OF YOU! Checking in every morning, seeing how you are all doing, giving and receiving words of encouragement -- well, I finally see now that it's the big and best kept "diet secret." You guys rock!

Oh, and Karen: didn't you know that we teachers stay up nights trying to think of how to make both the children AND the parents miserable!?!?!? LOL

later....
Spedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #12  
Proud Mama

Paula, I totally understand where you are coming from. One of my biggest downfalls with this woe is my fear of failure. My end goal seems so unatainable for me. (sp?lol) Sometimes I wonder if I am just afraid of riding my "hiding weight" that is so conveniant for me to use. If I lose to much weight, I lose my "shield", but I want that off! Dillema. lol But I want this weight off too! I am discovering, especially after this eating binge, that I need to go for 10lbs at a time as my goal, and not the overall goal. That way I can know that I will succeed, and keep going.

We all need support in this!
Uggamugga4 is offline   Reply With Quote