Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default What kind of home exercise equipment do you like?

I got a treadmill last summer and really enjoy it, but it's upstairs and everybody says it sounds like a herd of elephants when I use it. I have to pick a time where nobody else is here to disturb and that's impossible. Early mornings, when I would prefer to walk, are totally out of the question! I could put it downstairs but it would be in the formal living/dining, and I just don't think I'll do that. And my bedroom is jam packed with two computers and a whole lot of bedroom furniture.

Well, I have a friend who does the Koman 3-day events, and she's gearing up for the one here in June. She wants a treadmill, so I'm thinking about having her buy me something and trade even. The one I have is very very nice and big, and hasn't been used all that much.

I'm thinking about either a Gazelle or one of those Ab Lounger things. I really need to work on my tummy since having 3 big babies and a few surgeries have left my muscles in bad shape. Plus losing 25 pounds or whatever it is now hasn't helped either.

Anyone use either of those things and if so, would you recommend them? I don't have a problem with using something when I get it -- in other words, it doesn't become a clothes rack. I really use it!
Old 12-27-2004, 11:50 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, my neighbor loves her Gazelle but I couldn't do it. It hurt my leg muscles too much!

My treadmill is in the middle of my living room/dining room in front of a 35" TV. It looks ugly as sin but I decided that I don't care. It's just me and hubby. We spend most of our time in the family room when people come to visit! Could you walk on it in the garage?

My family LOVES the Leslie Sansone walking tapes. I'm thinking about getting some for some variety from the treadmill.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:48 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

The garage! UGH! My husband is out there now trying to clean it out. We have camping equipment, a flat-bed trailer, his motorcycle, and all the yard stuff. He refuses to get an outside building for the yard equipment, and so we can't even park the cars in there. PLUS the litterbox is there and pewwww-eeee!

I have one knee that crunches because of arthritis and the other is loose in the socket. The doctor says it's not bad enough to fix, but it's annoying as heck! Walking for an extended period of time just turns my stomach because I hear all these grinding noises. That's why I thought the Gazelle might work because it wouldn't be wear and tear on my knee joints/muscles. I have my own bedroom upstairs (I call it my cave) where I go when DH is snoring, so I could put it there and use it first thing in the morning.
Closed Thread