Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #92

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #92

gma22
12-27-2004, 08:35 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
12-27-2004, 08:41 AM
MISSION MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is return to basics like we are just starting. We need to begin again, doing a food diary, portion control, slow and sure exercise, water, whatever you did that made you successful before.

I wanted to give everyone options for this week as to their starting date. You may have big plans for the coming weekend and don't really want to get started until Next week, but I wanted to have something to get you started.

I have bucked up and given myself a weight line signature. I think I need to face the facts I have porked up again. I have a lot going on this week and don't know how effective I will be, but I am going to try. The weather is such I can't walk outside, but I am going to try and get some weights in this week.

I am wrapping up all thoughts of Christmas, putting away decorations etc today as Jack is home and getting my downstairs cleaned and back to normal. I plan on shopping Thur and getting good fresh food into the house and dumping anything that is harmful to a weight loss program. CONTROL is my issue and I need to take back control of myself.

Hope you all have a great day and I will talk to you later. I will again be posting points starting today for those who want to get started this week,

Faye :)

Mirabelly
12-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Good Morning everybody!

Faye, I'm in with points starting this week.....I had 1 point for yesterday, I'm finally hydrated!! Lots of hot tea, helped my headache too. I didn't get any exercise, pretty much stayed on the computer all day. And I did end up eating some sugar. I logged everything, though, which is a start.

As of this morning, all the sugar is out of the house! If it's here, I eat it. Plain and simple. So I tossed 2 batches of fudge (which didn't turn out right anyway) and the leftover goodies that friends gave us. I have lots of fruit and veggies in the fridge. Which is good, cuz my van is acting up an I have no transportation for a few days while it gets fixed.

Anyway, my head is adjusting to being back to normal. I will start putting away the decorations slowly. If I do it all at once, it's kinda depressing. I usually don't get everything down until after the 1st.

Hope everyone is doing well!

TTFN,
Julie

Satine
12-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone!!! Hope you all had a great Christmas...I know I did ( could have been better if I did not have to come right back to work today, but what are you gonna do ) , I asked for alot of Kitchen Aid appliances ( toaster, blender, chopper, etc ) and utensils in red and got mostly all of them...so I had fun putting those up yesterday...

I am so afraid to weigh myself, isn't that stupid? I think it is because I know in my heart that I am back over 200 again and I worked so darn hard to get under that number and to never see it again, but I know that I am... :(

Amanda - so GOOD to hear from you, do not beat yourself up over the weight that you have gained we are all up in pounds sorry to say...we just have to move forward - I cannot wait until the 1st ...

Faye - Glad you had a great Christmas, sadly I will not be starting until the 1st of Jan, have some parties to go to this weekend and I know I could never handle the tempation...maybe a few months ago I could have but not right now...

Julie - Great job on the book!! CONGRATS!!! I know what you mean about withdraw headaches...once I go back on this diet I will have one for about a week until my body adjusts...sucks really...

Sandy - Hope you and your son had a great Christmas!!!!

Well my lunch hour is almost over so I better ski-daddle ... even though I am not starting back on until 1/1/05 I am still going to try and cut back this week getting myself prepared...sad to think that back a few months ago I was at 187 and then 194 and now who knows...it really is depressing but I gotta keep thinking that I can get back there and I am with Faye - we can all be where we want by next Christmas if we work hard this year !!!! WE WILL DO THIS !!!!!

Later Girls :)

gma22
12-27-2004, 05:09 PM
I am so glad you girls are starting the year to come on a positive note. I know we can do this the coming year and be the best we have ever been. I am looking forward to it. I too will not begin until Monday and then I am going to take off like a house afire. Going back to basics, keeping track of what I eat etc.

We have been so busy today. I put away all the Christmas stuff and we put it in the attic instead of the garage and that was tough, then cleaned the downstairs while dh went and had the car checked out. Gonna cost us about $300 to get it fixed the end of the week after payday. Because we have this fancy car, we have to have the spark plugs and wires ordered special and they cost a lot. That's ok, we have decided after we get our tax money we are going to get Jack's clunker fixed (has to have a new wire harness and exhaust manifold plus a new battery because it has sat in the garage for 2 years. It will cost us about $1500 for it including getting it re-tagged and then insured. Luckily, we can carry a high deductible on it. It will save putting so many miles on the Grand Marquis too. Oh, after all that, then we moved my computer out of the upstairs bedroom that was my office down stairs (Jack got a wireless router and card for Christmas) and so I am beginning to get things cleaned up and rearranged to start my candle business. I am going to make that back into a bedroom again so that my dil and son have somewhere to stay when they come to visit since he still isn't speaking to his sister.

Julie: Let us know when you find a publisher etc so we can all buy a copy of your book. We want to be able to tell folks we know the famous author....
:lol:

Take care everyone

Mirabelly
12-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Ladies,
Just popping in to say "Hi"....

No sugar today, except one tsp of brown on my oatmeal this morning. I'm drinking tea now to get me through till dinner. Also starting a new dance costume for the May show...I hope that the beadwork will keep my hands busy :lol: When I'm bored, I eat.

So, I weighed myself today again to get a starting point. And I'm down to 214! So the 217 was either a weird time of the day thing, or I'm actually coming down already. It made me feel better anyway...214 is closer to 210 than 220. I was really afraid I would be up even more. I would love to be out of the teens by the 1st...so I could start the year about where I was. BUt I'm not going to stress over it. Just want to get back to normal.

I did get some exercise today carrying things up and down stairs, and now I have to go haul in firewood. Not much, but better than nothing.

Carrie, it's good to hear from you! I hear you about being afraid to weigh-in. I was terrified. Just do it, record it, and get on with your life. It's just a number, and you know you can do what needs to be done to fix things. Don't let it ruin your day or anything.

Well, gotta go think about what's for dinner. Broccoli and cauliflower with pesto....Mmmmmm! Making turkey soup tomorrow with the leftovers from Christmas.

Oh, my van is gonna cost like $600 to replace the wheel bearings. Sheesh!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
12-28-2004, 04:23 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target for this week is emotional stability. Emotions and all that goes with them plays a huge part in what we do. Let's try to focus on the bright side of weight loss and not on how long it will take or the hopelessness of losing weight. We can all learn to deal with emotions, stress, etc and make this time of weight loss a little less of a drudge and a little more fun and rewarding by focusing on the task at hand and not look to the future. The future will take care of itself. Live for today.

Morning ladies! I woke up at 1 AM and couldn't go back to sleep so decided to get my post for the day set up. I also put away all the clean dishes in the dishwasher and packaged up the rest of the holiday cookies for dh to take to work today. They loved them so much and asked Jack everyday where more cookies were, so what better way to get them out of the house without wasting them. I gave dd probably 4-5 dozen on Christmas eve so now they are all out of the house. I now have the downstairs chores done so after dh leaves for work I will probably sneak back to bed for a couple hours. May have to turn the phone ringers off as it seems to start ringing the minute I fall asleep! :lol:

Good for you Julie! Sugar is so tough to wean out of your system.

I will peek back in later in the day. TTFN

Mirabelly
12-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Morning everyone.

Feeling better today...the headache is mostly gone, replaced by a headcold. But I can deal with that. 1 point yesterday for water. I was all on track for op, but then dh came home and really wanted to eat the last apple pie I had baked for one of the neighbors. I had no idea when they were getting back from vacation, so I figured I'll just make him another one sometime. Dh cut the thing, but I think I probably ate more of it than he did :dizzy: But that was the last of the sugar, for real! I'm making leftover turkey soup in the crock pot for tonight. We have guests stopping by. It's a beautiful day and we have snow, so I might strap on my skis for a while.

Faye, I hope you're sleeping soundly right about now.

Everyone else have a fabulous day!

Julie

Amanda Panda
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi ladies,

I'm committing to my diet as of 1st Jan 05. I'm already mentally preparing myself for this by reading my old slimming mags, and thinking about menu plans etc. I looked into rejoining weightwatchers or slimming world, but have decided that I'd rather stick with calorie counting at home.

Me and Nigel are so broody - we are desperate to start our family! It is so exciting to think that in just over a year i will hopefully be married and pregnant with our first child! I will be 33 by the time we are ready to try for a baby - hope I haven't left it too late! Twins run in my family - my mum is a twin , my cousins are twins and my grandma was a twin - all boy/girl twins. I really hope that I have twins - I've always loved them!

Faye your advice about focusing on the task at hand was spot on - too often I get overwhelmed by the enormity of the task in front of me, I don't think I'll achieve it. But if I focus on 7lb targets (that's half a stone in the UK) and don't look beyond each target, then it will be more manageable. i'm going to change my ticker to only include the 7lb target I am aiming for - looking at it saying 119lb to go is a bit disheartening! I'm not going to weigh myself officially till 1st Jan - but i know that I have gone up to at least 266. I'll be in the throws of PMS by then aswell so I'll have a few pounds of water retention as well as extra Christmas weight to add on! :yikes: But as Julie says - I've just got to acknowledge it and move on! No point crying over spilt milk as they say!

Have a lovely day!

Love Amanda x

gma22
12-28-2004, 12:53 PM
Ladies, I see that we are coming around to getting what we want out of life. I don't know why the end of this year was so flat for all of us, but as a group we can see it through.

Amanda: I applaud you for understanding what your weaknesses are and not concentrating so heavily on final outcome, but baby steps. For you, I think it is good that you make your tickler a small goal.

Here is what we are going to focus on for the group this year. Monthly, we will individually set our goal for that month, so each of you report in, what you would like to lose and accomplish, ie exercise and loss for the month. I will also keep track of our group for the month and publish an end of the month loss. I want us also to fix a 6 month goal and a year goal, which I will keep on a spreadsheet so you don't have to keep track and stress out over it. So, let's get going girls, give me your January loss goal and exercise goal.

Julie :flow2: :flow2:

Here's to accomplishing our first goal! :hat: :hat:

I have a one month goal of 10 lbs and 4 hours of exercise a week.

Amanda Panda
12-28-2004, 02:56 PM
My January goal is to lose 8lb and to build up to exercising 5 times per week by the end of the month. :)

My 6 month goal is to lose 50lb!!! I CAN DO IT!!!!

My year goal is to lose 100lb!!

I am so lucky that I can devote all my time to my weightloss efforts - I have no job and no children to worry about - I have all day, every day to focus on my diet and exercise. The only thing stopping me is me!

2005 is going to be my year of focus and discipline - no excuses!

Love Amanda x

gma22
12-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Ok, girls, so far we have a group goal of 18 lbs for January. I have a great chart made out to keep track. This is going to be fun girls! I know we can do it and when we do, we each need to treat ourselves to a goal accomplishment treat of some kind. I have placed a tracker (lavender) for the group at the bottom of my posts. As you give me your yearly goal, I will add it to what the group as a whole wants to lose in a year (so far, Amanda and I total 220) and then each month will change the loss to indicate how much we have lost so far. Hope this helps you see how we progress as a group.

I went out with hot water, a snow shovel and a hammer and whacked the ice from my deck out to the street. It was a solid sheet of ice and I couldn't even get to the mailbox. My hands are killing me now, but at least I can walk out to the mailbox. I called dh and told him to bring home some rock salt, but I am going to call him back and tell him we don't need it. He will probably be irritated with me that I did all that but when I went and looked at it, I was afraid someone trying to get up to the house might fall.

Well, girlies, waiting to hear from the rest of you on your goal numbers. Have a good afternoon and evening!

Mirabelly
12-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Hi everybody!

Faye, what a great idea with the group weightloss tracker! I love it!!! It's so much easier to think of this as a group effort rather than something we do all alone.

I tend to lose around 1 pound a week. I'm going to try and make a little more than that and aim for 5 pounds a month. So Here are my goals:
Jan: 5 pounds down
Feb: 10
Mar: 15
April: 20
May: 25
June: 30
July: 35
August: 40
September: 45---GOAL!

Hey when you look at it like that, it doesn't seem so bad. I can be at my goal weight by the end of the summer. COOL!

Thanks Faye for coming up with yet another motivational tool....you rock!

Amanda, sounds like you're handling things well. Baby steps, that's the way...

I"m on track with food today, my body doesn't really want to eat because of this headcold.

Gonna go take a little nap now.

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
12-28-2004, 07:14 PM
Julie: I put you on the chart and added your total loss on the tracker. We can do this.

Everyone have a good evening and I will talk to you tomorrow.

gma22
12-29-2004, 08:41 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so gripe away ladies!

SandyG: How are you feeling? Haven't heard from you in awhile.

MSCat, SandyB, all you others that have disappeared, hope you are doing well with your programs. You know you are welcome here anytime.

I have no gripes today, YET..... :lol: I was surprised my hands didn't hurt more than they do considering all my ice removal yesterday, but I am fine. Paid all my bills for this pay period, which is always a whew though you know me and I have an excel program to keep track of them all. Sounds like we are living large, doesn't it, but it is just your basic, mortgage, car payment, utilities, credit card (only one as I am not totally stupid :lol: ), student loan and the like. We pay our medicines and medical insurance directly since we have military medical insurance and I have to keep track of it and that can drive you crazy when to order new meds etc as they don't let you know, you have to remember and I am an old broad with failing memory! :lol:

I will check back in when everyone is up and going. Good luck with today for those of you working your program and the rest of you, be prepared for next week to blast off!

Faye ;)

Satine
12-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Morning All!!

Faye - My goal for January is to lose 8 pounds...I would like to lose 57-60 pounds for the year, I would like to be at goal by Thanksgiving, I guess that would put me at losing a little over 5 pounds per month, which sounds so do-able but still a scary way off, hey I guess I lost 47 or more this last year so I should be able to do it!! :) :)

I am excited to start and get this weight off for good this year!!!!

Julie - WOW you could be at goal by Sept!! Here is to hoping you are - you will be !!!

I guess my Weds woe would be that my dh did something to his back, again, and he thinks it is a slipped disc, he seems to be getting better but I know he is uncomfortable and he does not want to go to the Dr as he says he has done it before and it will heal, keep him in your prayers for a speedy, safe recovery...I know he is hurting he is just to much of a man to admit it...

Sandy - How are you doing???

Well talk to you all later, have a great day!!!

gma22
12-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok girlies, we are updated with Julie, Amanda, Carri and Myself. Anyone else want to join in the group tracker this year?

I just saw on AOL that one of my very favorite tv actors has died, Jerry Orbach. I was so looking forward to his new Law and Order spin off when he left the original show. I just loved him on it. It always is spooky when someone dies who is not terribly older than you, he was 69 and died of prostate cancer. I guess he had just started treatment so it must have been discovered recently.

It is nice and warm here today though cloudy and expecting to rain. I think it is about 60 degrees out. I am supposed to be deciding where to go for dinner tonight, but I don't know what to decide. Ah well, I guess I will think of something! :lol:

Everyone have a great day and Carri, I have already prayed for hubby for comfort and healing. Hope is better quick!

Amanda Panda
12-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

Just checking in quickly.

The Christmas cupboard of naughty food is almost depleted - just a couple of pizza's left for New Years Eve and a bit of chocolate. So I am all set for my fresh start on new years day. I was tempted to 'restock' a bit more naughty stuff to last the next couple of days - but decided it would be foolish and I've eaten more than enough junk already!

FAYE - I was sorry to hear that Jerry Orbach has died - I am a real fan of Law & Order and we are so behind here in the UK that he is still in it. On a lighter note, I know you can easily lose 10lb in January - lets get our tickers moving!

JULIE / CARRI -5lb a month is very achievable - I look forward to you both reaching your goal weight this year!

See ya

Love Amanda x

gma22
12-30-2004, 09:13 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and give yourself some time just for you today!!!

Morning girls, hope you all are doing fine. It is going to start raining here and probably rain straight for a week, yippee! We have a lot of flash flooding problems to look forward to but the temps are going to be in the mid to upper 60's so I cannot complain!

My dh is talking about fixing the car himself. Uhhhh, I am not sure that is a good idea, but I am not saying a word. He can do small repairs, like oil changes and the like and if this just involves replacing these coilcovers without too much to do, it will be fin. We shall see.

I will check back in later when everyone is up and around!

Have a great day today!

Mirabelly
12-30-2004, 09:51 AM
Good Morning lovelies,

It's about 10 degrees here....sunny and crisp. I told dd I'd take her to the mall today, which is a 1 hour trip each way...joy. At least the van is fixed, so I won't worry about dying on the road.

I was a sick slug yesterday......the kind of head cold that makes you feel like you're wearing a snot mask and floating about a foot off the floor all day. Blech! Can't tell yet if I feel better today or not. I can breathe, which is a bonus. I think getting outside in the sunshine will help some. I've been stuck in the house for days and days. So, I did well on the eating and water yesterday... but no exercise. Still in the "gearing up" mode, I guess. That's okay.

Amanda...CONGRATS on passing up the naughty food restock! You did just the right thing......I'm proud of you. :cp:

Carrie--so sorry about your dh's back. James periodically hurts his too. Lately it seems like every time he decides to get off his butt and do something (exercise) he hurts himself! Even if it's just to take a walk.....poor guy turns 40 this year and it's hitting him really hard. His mom died at 40 and he feels like he's falling to pieces. I have to be good on the food front, just to help him get through this year! I know if he could just lose his extra weight, he'd feel tons better!!

Anyway, gotta go warm up the van. It takes a good 20 minutes to bring it up to reasonable driving temp. :lol:

TTFN,
Julie

Amanda Panda
12-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi :wave:

I've been in a bad mood all day because of PMS, and Nigel has been really getting me down - but I knew that if I stayed in the house all day then I would just sink lower and lower, so I got myself up and out and went for a long walk. I went to the local park and had a really good walk for an hour - I found lots of pathways that I've never been down before (I normally stick to the main path which takes about 30 mins), I even found a Victorian walled garden, although it was all locked up. I was out for an hour and walked for most of that time (just had a 5-8 min sit down after i reached the top of the hill!) It felt good to get out of the house and be by myself. Nige and I are under eachothers feet 24/7 in this tiny 1 bed flat - so it's understandable that we get on eachothers nerves sometimes!

I felt really proud of myself for walking for an hour - it took the edge off my PMS aswell. I'm going to start walking more often and it is a great form of exercise, and it doesn't cost anything! When i was struggling a bit walking up the hill I said to myself 'think how many calories you are burning carrying your huge weight up this hill!'- I bet a 130lb person couldn't have done it whilst carrying another person on their back!

I've gradually been getting back to normal eating, and have drunk alot of water today - so even though I'm not officially starting till the day after tomorrow, I got 4 points today! yay!

JULIE - I hope you are feeling better today -I bet you could have done with a days rest today rather than a trip to the mall! :devil:

CARRI - I hope your dh's back is getting better - I know how a bad back can really get you down after a while.

FAYE - Good luck with letting hubby loose on the car! Like you say, you can't say anything can you, you have to keep it zipped! Men!!!

Have a nice evening

Love Amanda x

Satine
12-30-2004, 04:48 PM
Afternoon All, thanks for all of the good thoughts for my dh...I have told him that if he would lose his beer belly ( and stop smoking, they say smoking causes back pain to be worse for some reason ) that he would not have it as bad or as often...he is small everywhere except for this gut, his dad is built the same way...

Julie - Sorry to hear about the head cold, hope it gets better soon, I am just dreading my first winter cold, and keeping my fingers crossed that I do not get it :lol: Did I congratulate you on finishing your book? If I did not "congrats!" if I did "sorry!" for my forgetfullness, ha ha

Amanda - Great job on the long walk...my dh and I would kill eachother if we were always with eachother, so you are a better woman than I! :lol: :lol:

Faye - Well on the up side if he can fix it - it will be alot cheaper on you ... so here is to hoping he can :) We too are going to have rain all week, but like you said we will have warm temps so I will take it...

Hey gals I probably wont be back on here until Monday when I get back to work so HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hat: :dancer:

Talk to you all later!!

gma22
12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Afternoon girls! I am sure no one will be back here this late, but I have been out all day running errand than this sweet little boy called me around 11 and said, "Can you go out to lunch with me? My dadday can't go to lunch because he has a problem at work so can you go to lunch with me?" I asked him where he wanted to go and he said, "Quiznos." This is his very favorite, but my dd hates it and I heard my dd yell, no then she said something to him and I heard this big sigh and then, "We're going to Mexican, Nonny." I said, sure, and I would come to his house because I have the car today and he told me no he would come and pick me up. As usual, I had a great time with him. You should see what he bought me for Christmas. He forgot to bring it to the hotel when they came down on Friday so he gave it to me today. She gives him $80 and he has to buy for Jack, me, my son and his wife, his dad's sister, his dad, his other grandma and grandpa. He bought Jack a little tiny eyeglass screwdriver kit, my son a Homer Simpson beer bottle opener that says something rude, my dil 4 charms, one of which says hot mama or some such thing :lol: and he got mine at Yankee Candle so I thought, cool.. Well, I knew it was awful when dd kept telling me she tried to change him mind. It is this blue votive cup, very ugly and the stinkiest blue candle I have ever smelled. I promised to put it on my fireplace mantel so that is where it will have to go.

Amanda: Always feel proud of your walking. I figure with my lbs walking 1-2 miles is like 4-6 of someone who weighs 120 lbs. So great going girl!

Carri: Hope dh feels better. I have one of those skinny minnies with fat tummy too.

Have a great evening girls!

gma22
12-31-2004, 08:53 AM
FRIDAY: So as not to rub salt in the wound, :lol: for this Friday we have Fabulous Friends Friday. Tell the others here something nice about each one!

Amanda: You have faced a lot of disadvantage with your "illness" and are still fighting. Though at times things are tough for you and you want to buckle under, you bounce back everytime with a strength that is better than before. You show courage and fortitude and the love for Nigel is evident.

Carri: You are a huge support here, loving and kind. You have compassion and courage and a strong will to succeed. It shows how much you love your husband and your pet in the things you say about them.

Julie: You are strong, proud, a great mom and an all around stupendous person. You never let me down even when you are not in the mood and for that I am grateful. You are not ashamed of how you look and show it through your dancing! Your children and husband are lucky to call you mom and wife!

Sandyg: Though you have had a lot of sickness lately, you continue to work through it and stand strong. Your love for Corey is unmatched and a pleasure to see. I admire your courage when things get rough financially you continue on knowing you will get through. I am proud to call you a friend!

For all the others who come and go here, remember that you are wonderfully, powerful, beautiful and vibrant women. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise! This is THE YEAR for our thread. I know I am going to see a majority of my ladies at goal for the first time in a long time.

Everyone have a stupendous day. I will check in later

Mirabelly
12-31-2004, 10:11 AM
Good Morning ladies!

Not likely many of us will get in here today. But I had a 4 pointer yesterday, and just wanted to make it official! WOo hooo.....

Still holding on to the headcold. I feel okay in the morning and then by about 7pm I feel like I"m drowning in snot! Wasn't THAT a lovely picture :lol:

I escaped the mall scene yesterday because one of Sarah's friends invited her to a sleep over....but I promised to take her today. DH said he'll go with us and I can pick out my birthday present (my bday isn't for 2 weeks, but he can't stand to wait....) I'm getting a new combo printer/fax/copier/scanner thingie.

I did some dancing yesterday, trying to get some choreography going for my classes which start up again on Monday. No luck with getting anything written down, but it felt good to move again.

It seems strange that our group has dwindled to only five regulars....but once people see how successful we are next year, folks will come back!

SO, SandyG....you are an incredibly strong person working long hours to give your son and yourself security. I pray that you will see yourself to amazing health and vitality in 2005!

Amanda...Your ability to pick yourself up and keep going in spite of setbacks is amazing. I think of you every Friday, trying to give you strength to avoid that pizza I know you are craving. I pray you and Nigel will find true happiness, contentment, health and wealth in the coming year. You are each other's best friend, and that's how it should be. Be proud of yourself! We all are...

Carrie...I admire your perseverence and am jealous of your success :lol: I know you work hard for everything you get, and that's awesome. I'm so glad you are through all the house worries and can truly look forward to the new year. I wish you continued happiness in your new job, health and prosperity in the new year.

Faye...You are our rock. I know you don't feel like it sometimes. But it is in your stumbling and then picking yourself back up and moving on that you inspire us all. You live your life in total honesty and aren't afraid to put your heart out there, even though it sometimes gets stomped on. Thank you for being here, day in and day out...I wouldn't have made it this far without you and all the ladies here. And I know that we are ALL going to make amazing gains (losses) next year. For you, I wish peace and harmony within your family circle...I know the discord is what hurts you most.

So, everyone enjoy your last day "off"....tomorrow it begins, for real. I'm so excited!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
12-31-2004, 11:15 AM
WE HAVE US A WINNER TODAY GALS:
Julie: :bravo:

I am so anxious to start seeing that little smile with his bravo sign for all of us!

I rented a video from Netflix called Ladies of British Comedy and it was lovely. I love Brit comedy anyway, even though what we see here in the states is years and years old. Keeping Up Appearances is my favorite because I see myself in overbearing Hyacinth in some ways. Some of the stuff is 30+ years old and still can make me laugh. It is like Lucille Ball. I can watch her over and over and still have belly laughs. She is my absolute favorite and from what the ladies said when interviewed, many of them emulated Lucille Ball in the beginning. When I worked at the law firm and my sister still worked there with me, they called us Lucy and Ethel because I was always the forthright one getting my mouth into something or other and good ole "Ethel" always following along with whatever hairbrained scheme I happen to have. You know, my sister lives thousands of miles from me now in Southern Calf and we mostly e-mail, but she tells me all the time how she depends on my advice and knows she can always come to me and ask what to do. I am not sure MY "Ethel" is too smart in that regard, but then I have never shied away from telling people what I think (though I do try and keep it to myself unless they ask! :lol: ) Here is a pic of the two of us, waiting to be picked up for my son's wedding when we were in Vegas. Anyway, hope everyone is having a great day. Time for me to clean! :lol:

Amanda456
12-31-2004, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone!

You all probally dont remember me, but I was here for some time last winter....Yes along time ago. we moved in April and were suppose to get the internet back but that didnt happen. money was tight. but we moved again to where we are now High River Alberta. and things are going GREAT! I have a awsome job so does Chad. and we are getting married in September, he actully popped the question Demember 11/04 so not that long ago.

The weight on the other hand, is at a major stand still. I think I lost maybe 10 pounds since April. I got a member ship to curves, but dont go as much as I should. Im hoping the being back with all my old support group will get back on track and start losing again 65 lbs to go!!!

Lots of Luv :D
Amanda

gma22
12-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Amanda456: It's good to hear from you again. We have so many than come and go here, sometimes it is hard to keep track who is who. If you would like to participate in our goals for the year, I need you to let me know your one month goal, 6 month, and one year. The tracker at the bottom has the combined goal weight loss for our group this year and you are welcome to join in with that. Sometimes it helps to be part of a group goal too.

I did get my upstairs cleaned today and need to go and fold a load of clothes and put them away then get a shower in and get dressed in some proper clothes. We aren't going out tonight, but are just going to get something like sandwiches and watch a movie or two. Talk to everyone later

Amanda456
12-31-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for inviting me into youe weight loss goal challenge.

here are my goals....

One Month: 10 pounds lighter 215 (Febuary 1st)

Six months: Hopefully I'll be 180 so 45 pounds lighter(July 1st)

One Year: At my goal weight 160 (65 pounds lighter) and working out and happy as happy could be... :D (January 1st 2006)

Hope those sound realistic....:)

Amanda

gma22
12-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Amanda456: Ok, I will add your information to my spreadsheet and to the tracker.

Faye

Mirabelly
01-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Happy New Year Everybody!!

Welcome back Amanda456.......Our little group is rarin' to go, so hold on to your hat!

I'm heading out for our annual New Year's mountain hike. I feel like crap still, from the headcold. THink I have a fever too...but the fresh air will do me good and it's sunny and warm (like 45!) so I'm going out anyway. Besides, I want my 4 points today!

Hope everyone else is as excited as I am to get going............This is gonna be an awesome year, I just know it!

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-01-2005, 11:15 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Let's all have sunny thoughts on our New Year's new bodies!

Julie: Have fun today!

I will check back in from time to time, but everyone have a great weekend!

gigglez
01-01-2005, 12:56 PM
Real quick note as time is short right now. Alive I am and will catch up before the day is over that is if this one lil man(Corey) allows me to do so. Today is my start date details to come.

Amanda Panda
01-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!!

I checked in yesterday and had words to say to everyone and just as I was signing off, my

computer crashed and I lost it all! Don't you just hate it when that happens? :rollpin: Thank you all for your kind words.

I'll try again........

FAYE - You are the rock of our group.You are a very wise woman and I always value your

advice. I am so thankful to you that inspite of your own problems, you come here day after

day to support and encourage us.I so admire your strength, confidence and positive

attitude.It is because of you that I built up the courage to go swimming for the first time,

I often hear your voice in my head saying ' just go for it and don't let anyone stop you!'I

am so happy to be a member of this group!

JULIE - You are a woman of many talents! I admire your drive and energy - how you juggle

your family, your dancing, your writing, your diet and exercise, and you still find the time

to contribute greatly to our group. You have achieved so much and I look forward to

celebrating with you when you get under 200lb - SOON!

CARRI - I too admire your successes! You have achieved so much and are proof to us all that

if you just get on with it day in and day out, then you really can make a difference!You are

always here to offer support and a kind word and always understand our lows aswell as our

highs. I have no doubt that you will reach your goal this year!

SANDY G - You have such strength of character! You work so very hard to give your son the

best life you can, I can only imagine how tired you get, yet you rarely complain. You also

find the time to focus on your own weightloss efforts and offer support and encouragement to

our group!

Well, I'm all set for a 4 point day today! I got all ready to go out for another long walk,

only to find that when I looked out the window it was blowing a gale and pelting down with

rain! I don't mind walking in the rain, but not if it is too windy to put up my umbrella! So

I went on my exercise bike instead - not half as interesting as watching the squirells in

the park!I only managed 21 minutes on the bike - I found it very uncomfortable on my

backside!

Oh yes, I weighed myself and I am 267lb - that means I've only put on 1lb over the Christmas

week, so it was not as bad as I thought it might be!So my first goal is to lose 7lb and get

to 260lb.

Welcome back Amanda 457 - Jump right in and I'm sure you'll reach your goals in no time!

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-02-2005, 09:07 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is what little thing irritates you most about your significant other or child?

Hope you all had a nice first day of 2005. We didn't do much. Jack did the car repairs, but looks like we have to go ahead and have the more extensive stuff done anyway and Jack can't do that so to the shop it will go. He did a good job on what he did though, so a BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR HIM!

As for the silly poll, after all these years, his little irritations don't bother me much, but I guess the thing that drove me nuts most of the time was when I talked and he wasn't listening. It used to make me mad, but now I just laugh about it and ask him what is the last thing I said that he heard and he will mute the tv or whatever and listen to what I am asking or saying. So, if you have this problem, there might be hope for you 30 years down the road! :lol: Best advice, just laugh it off. He really doesn't have any habits, ohhhhh, yes he does. I just thought of something. He is an occasional spitter and not always on the grass. It doesn't effect me, but other people and it is nasty, but that is about it. He is a slob cleaning up when he shaves, brushes his teeth and whatnot, but I am so anal, I just clean it up and don't say anything about it. CLeaning up after him is easiest if I just do it because I am so picky about everything.

Our stupid phone company is a bunch of morons. I went to our company's website and sent in a repair ticket and at first got an automated response that they were closed because of the holidays, which is fine. Then some dopey girl responded later from repair and said that we had MCI as our local carrier and had to contact them because Bell South couldn't do anything. DUHHHHHHH, first off I had to sign in to put in a repair, which means I HAVE an account with them otherwise they wouldn't let me in! Secondly, I had to scan in my current bill and I resent it to them. We don't carry long distance with anyone as it is cheaper just to have the slight inconvenience of phone cards so I have nothing whatsoever to do with MCI! I got another automated response about the response I sent to this dope so we shall see come Monday what happens.

I went to bed really early last night with nothing on tv but football! I am TOM and didn't feel up to reading so I just went to bed and slept for a bazillion hours. I have grocery shopping and a downstairs to clean today or at least try to. Tomorrow is the big day for both dh and I so I have to get what we need to eat healthy and well today.

Everybody have a great day

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Morning everybody!

I got 4 points yesterday.........woohoooo. Went hiking up what was basically a luge run for all the ice melting during the warm weather. Got some sunshine, then came home and hibernated the rest of the day. This cold is still hanging on, but seems to be getting better. So, I'm starting slow in the exercise dept. but anything is better than nothing.

Amanda....Congratulations on only gaining 1 pound during Christmas! That is amazing!!! I gained TEN :eek:

Faye...Didn't you go around and around with the phone company last year with this MCI business?? I don't envy whoever answers your call tomorrow. :lol:

I read something today about babysteps....if I had just stuck to something small every day, instead of trying the Great WeightLoss Effort over and over....I would have made a heck of alot more progress than I did last year. So, I'm going to try and remember that hundreds of babysteps EVERY DAY are way more effective than hulking leaps every other month or so. I weighed myself today, just for the heck of it...and I've already lost some weight. So, I'm encouraged for this week. I'm drinking alot more herbal tea mainly to get fluids in me during this cold....but it's keeping me satisfied without snacking. So, I hope I can keep up the habit.

As for the poll...the most annoying thing is when my kids ignore me. I talk, and they just keep doing what they're doing like I'm not even there. It only bothers me sometimes, and they are getting better. Just have to keep on them about it.

Well, guess that's about it for me. I'm gonna take a walk and clean the house a bit.

Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Amanda Panda
01-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi all,

Been on the bike again today and managed 25 mins. I added up my total cals for yesterday and I was well over 2000. it's amazing how they add up - especially when I am used to overeating - goodness knows how many cals I have been consuming over Christmas! Baby steps is right - even though I went over 2000 cals yesterday - I still ate less than I have done in weeks, so that is a step forward!

PMS is making me more hungry than usual so I am finding it difficult to stick to 1500 - 1700 cals. But at least I am journalling and am certainly cutting down.

JULIE - I only put on 1lb between Christmas eve and New Years Day - but I put on 7lb in the 2 or 3 weeks before that! :lol:

SILLY POLL - I have PMS at the moment so EVERYTHING Nigel does irritates me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not listening definately irritates me too! Also he rarely puts rubbish in the bin - he'll just put it by the sink. I think 'well you've managed to move it to the sink, why not take a couple more steps and make it to the bin?????' :rollpin:

Have a good evening

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Julie :bravo:
Amanda: Special pts for butt bruising exercise :faint:

Julie: I can't believe you remember that mess with MCI. At that time, I was trying to get them to be my long distance carrier. After about 6 times of trying, I finally gave up with it so maybe that is what that moron was seeing, who knows? All I know, is that I have NO long distance on my phone and my local is acting up. My phone's dial tone sounds like a busy signal even though you CAN dial out on it and both my kids have complained that they either get a disconnect message or it goes to a digital voicemail that BellSouth has as an extra feature that you can pay for, neither of which is correct. I have a straight local service, no call waiting and the like. Who knows? As for you kids problem. I nipped that in the bud really quick. I had a problem with the kids ignoring me and so I waited until they had something important like a field trip and I "ignored" the paperwork, phone call to the teacher, whatever until it was too late for them to be able to go. Only took one time of them not getting to go and having to sit in a classroom all day instead to get the ignoring thing stopped. Sounds harsh, but if it is a real problem, you can bet this would stop it.

The commissary was awful. There was NO FOOD! Half the shelves were empty so they must not have gotten their supplies in. They had about 10 pk of chicken and a sign that said there wasn't anymore. I drive 40 miles to go that store and get there and they didn't have stuff on my list. The thing is, commissaries sell you food "at cost." They make nothing from it, plus, you pay no sales tax at all. You pay a 3% surcharge instead but let's say you pay $1 for a dozen eggs. If I bought a dozen eggs at a regular store here, I would pay my $1 then 9 3/4% tax so it would be $1.09 for the eggs. At the commissary, the same size eggs are $.67. The surcharge is just added at the end of your bill. On top of that, they have loads of commissary only coupons in the store to use and then they have links to coupons on their website. I spend about $500 a month for EVERYTHING, soup to nuts and it would cost me at least $800 on the outside. So, even when this happens, though I complain to someone at the commissary, I still come out ahead. I just figure, my husband spent 20 years of his life and ours serving his country for peanuts in pay so they owe us some kind of a little special treatment. Used to be, that retirees could still use the base medical facilities and pharmacy for free, but they have pretty much done away with that now. We do however have fabo insurance that costs practically nothing and is run like a regular HMO.

Well, just wanted to peek in. Everyone have a good afternoon. I am going to go check on clothes in the dryer

Mirabelly
01-03-2005, 08:40 AM
Good Morning everybody!

It's back to school day today, so the kids are grumpy about having to wake up early. Tough noogies, I say! :coffee: I got up at 4:30 am to get back to writing.

4 points for yesterday! 2 days in a row....woo hooo.........spent about 90 minutes doing yoga to get rid of my sugar headache. Dh bought me a neat cd of sufi meditation music and it was so easy to just get inside my own head and work through all the sore achy muscles I've been ignoring since this cold thing started. I think I'm finally done with the cold, though the sugar headache is still hanging on, barely. DH has just come down with the cold, though, poor dear. I spent a good hour massaging his back yesterday......lucky him.

Dance class starts back today...so as long as I keep op, I should have a nice 4 pointer today too. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, how nice!

Hope your phone troubles iron out, Faye........

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-03-2005, 09:43 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to start back on the road to good health. You might need to start slow, so don't push it. It will come. Concentrate on your weak point and work from there.

I have some kind of virus so will probably not be in here a lot for a couple days. Everyone work hard, ok?

Satine
01-03-2005, 11:27 AM
Morning Everyone!! So getting back on a diet after being off of it for like 3 or 4 weeks is sooooooooooo hard huh? Today is my real first day, I thought if I started on 1/1 I would just set myself up for failure ( cannot remember my reasoning, ha ) but anyway so I started today and boy am I hungry...cannot remember being able to exist on this amount of food...but I am raring to go, RARING...and will try to exercise this week !!

I want to thank you all for all of the kind words that were said about me, it actually made me tear up :) , thanks...so I want to return the favor since I was gone for a few days ...

FAYE - Like everyone said "you are the rock of the group", I feel totally comfortable with you and know that you will understand anything that I come to you with ( example the dog thing ) ... I admire your great self image and your long, loving relationship with your dh...I so admired your strength with dh's heart attack, you held up and did what had to be done to get him back on the road to health, I know I would not have held up so well...I also admire your strength with family matters (DD ), you always take it on the chin and go on. I know that you will lose alot of weight this year!!

JULIE - I know you and I have been neck and neck with weight this last year and probably will be again this year...I admire your ablitity to keep going even when you are not seeing a weight loss. You are willing to try and experiment with different avenues of weight loss and that will ultimately give you success in the end...You are strong and healthy, have a great family, and have completed a book this last year...you have accomplished much and will do so again this year!!

AMANDA - Hon, you will lose this weight this year...you are smart and caring...you have a great relationship with Nigel and I know that you are going to be beautiful for your wedding. I admire you taking steps to get yourself mentally healthy as well as physical. I know this is going to be a great year for you too !!!

SANDY - You are a great mother, all you do is talk about that boy!! :lol: He should feel so loved. I know that you have had some rough times lately but look how well you came through it...You are strong and you too will achieve success this year with weightloss ( and everything else ) !!

Amanda456 - Welcome back !!!

Here is to a 4 point week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Later !! :D

Amanda Panda
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi there ladies,

I got 4 points yesterday - that's 2 days in a row. Had a rest day from the bike today though - I don't think my poor butt could take it! :lol:

FAYE - Hope your virus isn't too nasty and you are back on your feet soon.

CARRI - Thanks for your sweet words :grouphug: Well done for getting back OP - it's hard to cut back after overeating for weeks isn't it? Take it easy and don't be too hard on yourself if you don't manage to do everything all at once.

JULIE - Well done to you on your 4 pointers! 90 mins of yoga is rather impressive! I'm thinking of getting a Tae Bo DVD off ebay - I expect it would be REALLY hard at first, but I'm interested in trying it out.

SANDY G - Hope your are doing well OP!!!

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
01-04-2005, 08:43 AM
Morning Ladies!

4 pointer yesterday.....3 in a row! Woohoooo......

Amanda, well done on your 4 pointers, too. :cp:

Carrie, thanks for the sweet words. I'm gonna catch up to you, don't worry.

Faye, hope you feel better today.

I gotta fly, now, but everyone have a great day!

gma22
01-04-2005, 09:28 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target is a week of good points. Let's not look any farther ahead than this week.

Amanda: :bravo: :bravo:
Julie :bravo:
Carri :cp:

I am getting ready to go out in the rain and walk as it looks like it is going to rain all week so you just suck it up and go. I am starting out slow again, a mile and maybe some weights today. DH is still home so that always makes it tough for me during the days, but I am going to start on the path to 4 pters like everyone else.

Here's to 100% four pters today! :hat:

Faye ;)

Satine
01-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Morning All - I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise... basically I could barely even function...everytime I start back on my diet after being off of it for a while I get a really bad headache...I had a severe one yesterday, bad enough to send me home early and put me to bed at 8:00pm, I am feeling it again this morning, I hate that about starting back...oh well though I guess I do what I have to do to get through it ... hopefully it will not be as bad today.

Faye - Hope you are feeling better today...I like to walk in the rain, as long as it is not too cold. Enjoy!

Julie - I know you will catch up with me, heck you might even pass me ... you tend to exercise and I don't, ha ha :lol:

Amanda - Yes, I am truly miserable right now from the fat and caffiene withdrawal, but I know it will pass...congrats on two 4 pointers in a row, you are off to a great start. :)

Sandy - Hope all is going good for you today!!!

I am just hoping to get through the week OP ... tomorrow my work is ordering Pizza Hut pizza for us all...I could eat 2 pcs of cheese only hand tossed but I do not know if I could stop there so I better just bring my lunch, huh?

Well it is raining here too, a depressing day I guess... but I guess it fits my mood today :lol: Have a good day everyone!!! OP OP OP OP OP :cheer:

gma22
01-04-2005, 04:12 PM
Brother, I just spent half an hour with BellSouth getting them to change my local service back. MCI DID change my service to theirs without my permission on 12/29/04 and I would have known nothing about it if I hadn't put in a repair call, can you believe it. I contacted MCI and told them they better find out who did this and put a kabosh on it as I was reporting them to the better business bureau and to my attorney general's office. I told them they must need business pretty bad to steal customers from other phone companies without their permission and that they couldn't do it to me again as I put a block on my phone service.

I am doing pretty well this morning. Gonna have to build up my exercise again, but have almost all my water in and food is ok today.

Hope everyone keeps on working hard!

Amanda Panda
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi all,

I got 3 points yesterday - had a planned rest from exercise to give my butt a break! :lol:

I've been totting up my calories over the past 3 days, and even though I consider myself to be 'on plan', I am still going over 2000 every day! :( The thing is, I have cut down such a lot from what I was eating - I must have been eating 3500 - 4000 a day!! I am struggling with PMS at the moment which means I am craving bread, but other than that I've cut out all the cheeses, crisps, chocolate etc. Nigel says I shouldn't be too hard on myself, that he can see I've really cut down and I can't change everything overnight. I tend to agree - at the moment the prospect of cutting back to 1500 seems impossible! My first step is to get back to 1750 and see how that goes for a while!

CARRI - Sorry about the headache hon - sounds like sugar withdrawal to me, just like what Julie had. Hope it's gone soon!

FAYE - Glad you've got your phone business sorted! That is outrageous what they did! It's been happening here aswell - with all the new gas and electricity providers. My gas got switched 'accidentally' without my permission - it's down to dodgy salesmen doing anything to get a commission I think!

JULIE - Keep up the good work!!

Love Amanda x

gma22
01-05-2005, 09:20 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. What can we help you with?

Morning girls! I had a 2 pt yesterday. Still have a little issue with food, but I am working hard on it. I cut out the junk and soft drinks again and went back to water, but I had a peanut butter sandwich last night which put me over.

Hope everyone is waking up to a good day. It is cloudy here, but doesn't look rainy so I am going to get out and walk first thing. Last day for dh to be home so then I will really go back to a routine.

I will check in later chickies

Mirabelly
01-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

3 points yesterday....I felt like I was relapsing into the sickness, so I took it easy and didn't exercise. I have dance tonight though, so today will be back to a 4 pointer.

No woes yet today...I'm feeling great! Do wish we'd get some snow, though. Winter in a northern climate is just plain dreary when everything is brown instead of white! I want to go skiing, but there's just nothing on the ground except the ice that accumulates from melting during the day and freezing at night.

Well, got lots to do today...so, everyone stay :strong:

TTFN,
Julie

gma22
01-05-2005, 01:06 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Faye :dancer:
Amanda :cp: :bravo:
Carri :cp:

Ok, let's really start working hard for those 4 pts! I know we can do it girls! I want to see our tracker really start to move!

I need to run and do some errands after dh gets back so into the shower for me.

Everyone have a great day

Satine
01-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Afternoon All

My Weds woe of course would be still how bad I am feeling lately while getting back into the swing of things, each day the headache is a little less so lets hope today is even better...

Thanks for all the good thoughts about my dh's back...he says it is feeling much better this week ( but still keep him in your prayers ) :)

I had another 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise. I am just trying to get through the week being totally OP and then will deal with the whole exercise issue next week...I am totally proud of myself for making it these last few days , especially since I still have all this CHristmas chocolate around that I am managing to stay away from....somehow :lol:

Faye - That phone business is crazy!! But those companies are like that, glad you got it straightened out...we are having freezing rain here and we might have trouble going home tonight they say...so wish us luck!!

Julie - It is dreary here too, sometimes I like it but not all of the time, it has been raining here now for like 4 straight days!!

Amanda - Sorry about the PMS...hope you feel better soon, be strong!!!

You all have a great day!!

Amanda Panda
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

4 points yesterday! Feeling really exhausted today but made myself go out for a little walk anyway.

Going to have an early night tonight - have a great evening!

Love Amanda x

gigglez
01-05-2005, 10:09 PM
Howdy ladies from the hills of Eastern KY!

First and foremost let me thank each and everyone of your for the wonderful words. They helped pick me up.

Faye, you my dear are our "ROCK". You have shown me that anything is possible and most importantly DO NOT give up. I think each and every day how proud you were when you finished your first walk and the pics you posted only amplified it!

Julie, I admire your perservence(ok I can't spell). You keep on and on like the little engine that could. Then there is the writing thing. I am so green with envy. I have always wrote but only for my enjoyment and have always wanted to do something but never have. Then there is your sense of humor I love it.

Carri, you are so loving. How many ppl would grive over having to leave a pet somewhere else. Then there is yoru strength. You have worked so hard to loose and you just keep on going. Cheers to you.

Amanda, you have worked so hard to deal with many issues and I applaude you for that. I know so many ppl that would refuse to deal with emotinal and physical problems but you have did wholeheartly. It shows that you are so caring about yourself. I know that you truly love yourself and that is so important.

Now to everyone. Each and everyone of your are amazing, caring, loving, and devoted. My hat goes off to you.

I have been doing pilates everyday. Water is getting there and so is the eating. It is my way of getting the baby steps. I read that once you have done something for about 10wks it is then considered a habit. I am not waiting 10wks to get to the water and eating but I am taking a week to concentrate on something else. While keeping up the other good things that I have started doing.

Now may I gripe? I have more than likely gotten myself into a big mess. Richard no longer has a place to live so I have agreed to let him move in here til he is able to get a place to live. We have been getting along so well but I am now afraid that this will be the start of a downward spiral. Please pray for me that this living arragement doesn't cause any comflict and that everythig goes smoothly.

I have to work lots of hours these next 2 weeks so my post will more than likely be far and few, but each and everyone of you are in my prayers.

Hugs
Sandy

Mirabelly
01-06-2005, 08:22 AM
Good Morning everybody!

4 points yesterday! That makes 4 this week.... Yay! :cheer: Today the plan is to "finally" start doing the pilates video that I've been wanting to make time for. I'm heading into pms territory, which always means salt salt salt for me. I do have a strategy, though. I bought a big jar of dill pickles, which I LOVE but generally stay away from because they make me retain water. Well, I figure if I'm gonna eat salty crap, it might as well be salty crap that has only 4 calories! It's better than all the chips and stuff.

Sounds like everyone is doing fabulous this week! I can't wait to see everyone's losses tomorrow.....

Sandy, thanks for all the nice words. Isn't it amazing how you feel when you hear nice things about yourself? Why don't we say nice things to people all the time?? About your living arrangements, just remember that it's supposed to be a *Temporary* living space. Your home is YOUR home....and give each other lots of space. Good luck! :crossed:

Carrie, I hope your headache is feeling better by now. I know mine lasted over a week! But that's because it was combined with that nasty headcold. Blech.

Faye, Amanda, Amanda456.....keep up the great work! I'll be back tomorrow with pounds to post! For the first time in MONTHS!!! (Thanks for the motivation everyone :D )

Julie

gma22
01-06-2005, 09:09 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #93