Weight Loss Support - Getting all the bad stuff out! What do I eat?

doIlookfat?
12-25-2004, 08:39 PM
After watching Supersize Me, I got to thinking about all the bad stuff I put into my body. No wonder I feel so sluggish and depressed! I am fueling my body with junk and expecting it to perform at top speed! I am addicted to all the wrong things, and I have to do something about it.

What do you recommend I start with? I was thinking oatmeal (plain), wheat bread, egg whites, lots of water....I'm not a huge veggie and fruit eater, yet. I don't want to start this cleansing plan eating foods I don't like, cause that just sets me up for failure. This time I plan to start by eating foods I like, that are not junk food, and walking. Start slow, right? But I do want to put only good things in my body now. This is a must! I'm tired of feeling so tired.

Thanks!

Heidi 33
2 kids Bethany (7) and Richie (4)

ps. I'm not new here, just hanging my head as I return to start again.

EquiTammy
12-25-2004, 08:45 PM
That movie IS quite motivational isn't it?
You should start by deciding on either a plan, or wether you just want to healthify your life. Some people do well will specific plans, others have a hard time with it. If you are just looking to eat healthier, fruits and veggies are always #1, whole grains, the heavier the bread is the better. Nuts, dried fruit, low fat dairy. Watch your portions (don't stuff yourself) and don't forget to exercise!!!

funniegrrl
12-25-2004, 09:11 PM
You might want to pick up a basic book on nutrition -- not a "diet" book or one that promotes an overly restrictive regimin, just something that introduces you to basic, well-balanced eating. An oldie but a goodie is Jane Brody's Nutrition Book. Or, look for something published by the American Dietetic Assocation. They also have a web site at www.eatright.org.

Jennifer 3FC
12-29-2004, 01:26 AM
One suggestion is to not forget the fiber! 25 grams a day and your colon will love you for it. Read your labels and eat as little added sugar as possible. Make your calories count. :)