General Diet Plans and Questions - Winter Plan...How will you plan it?

ledom
12-23-2004, 11:23 AM
Having celebrated the longest night on Dec. 22, it is time to formualte a plan for the winter months. Oh, for me it is the hardest time of year. One must fight the urge to hibernate on the couch, under the blanket, in front of the TV, with snacks. Well those are my baser instincts. But that behavior isn't going to do much for my waistline. For the rest of December my plan is to drink a lot of water every day, to exercise every day, to eat vegetables every day. To find a place to hide the cookies so they aren't on my mind 24/7.....

:coffee:

aleka
12-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for starting a new thread, ledom. Since I am unable to stick to any one plan for very long, right after Christmas is over I have decided to stop dieting and start to eat healthier, and move more. I will eat whole foods, nothing processed, eat when I'm hungry, stop when I'm satisfied. I have already started that process, but leading up to Christmas, I'm eating the wrong foods. :o That is my plan for December and 2005.

ledom, did you get much snow in that storm? We couldn't believe the amount of snow some places were getting. :eek:

In case I don't post tomorrow, I want to wish you all a :merry:

ledom
12-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Yes Alice, we did get the winter storm. We have about 5 inches of snow and it will be around for a while as temps aren't supposed to reach even the freezing mark until Christmas Day. It is delightful to be snowed in and to anticipate a white Christmas here in the south. Merry Christmas to you all too.

As far as my plan - well, what I lined out in the earlier post is my plan through the holidays. I would be setting myself up for failure if I vowed more than that - on the other hand it's getting me headed in the right direction. I am sad to say that the last 2 months have been slipshod and I am feeling it in my clothes. A sure sign that I am in trouble. I don't won't to slip any further down the slipplery slope so if I can maintain some semblance until I can rid the house of Christmas goodies I'll live with that.

My plan for 2005 is circulating in my brain now - am planning to spend some time with a new journal which I plan to keep for the coming year. I hope to make into a scrapbook as well with inspirational pictures and articles. BFL is my guide, but I do find I am a bit tired of some of the food I have been eating for a couple years now. I think calorie counting is going to be a big part of my new plan.

Just finished 35 minutes on the treadmill and a chest workout.

LaDean
12-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Hi, a new aboard sounds neat. I plan to watch my water and my carbs and stick to my plan... i have 2 lbs to lose. have loss 2 this week. so tomorrow will tell it. if i do not reach goal then got one week to do it. i will hve to just be good. Oh snow that is a snow storm for sure. they say after christmas maybe here. i am hoping not for sure anytime. ha our snow is just icy and i hate it.. I bet yours is pretty Ledom. we have lived where it is and i enjoyed it. Well today is cleaning day for me and tomorrow baking day. got my splenda to use in some things. so going to be good with it and all. as last year i was doing so good and got off holidays and blew it totally went in for a check up and was a debetic added to it. so this year i want it to be good when i go in first of year.

Aleka, your doing it the right way. keep off mind till after first of year. I know you will do good. we have to decided what is good for each of us.. I always try to remember the good i have done with my program and not think of the bad days. helps me to. Woof says tuffy to lacee...

ledom
12-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Happy Christmas Eve's Gift to you all.

We are still snowed in though we do plan to venture out for a bit at mid-day after the traffic has had a chance to melt things a little, all the melt and slush froze again last night and now there is a problem with black ice. Still DD has not finished her shopping and I need a couple things from the grocery store so we'll venture out.

I just finsihed a great workout - 45 minutes on the treadmill and shoulder and triceps strength training.

LaDean
12-25-2004, 02:18 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD DAY. I HAVE SO FAR. getting ready to go over to grandbabies and spend day. can hardly wait. tuffy was so cute this morning. not seeing good waited on that nose of his and then he went into his snacks. ha got some cute pictures.. well have a good day but do not over do. ha i plan not to... but i will enjoy.. as tomorrow is a new day... LaDean

ledom
12-26-2004, 12:08 PM
LaDean, I hope you had fun with your family yesterday. My day was very nice. Alice and Judi - what's up?

Just finished 45 minutes on the treadmill and legs. Feeling better with some good workouts behind me. We STILL have snow.

aleka
12-27-2004, 08:46 AM
Good morning,

I hope you all had a lovely holiday. It poured buckets here most of the day with a few claps of thunder in the mix.

A girlfriend of mine sent me some Boston Terrier slippers. They look just like stuffed animals, complete with heads, tails, and paws. I affectionately call them "The Twins". Lacee does not like them at all. She attacks them everytime they're on my feet and I'm walking across the floor. DH & I have been in hysterics with her antics. She is so funny!

LaDean, hope you had a good day with your family. Glad that Tuffy had a good Christmas. Lacee made out like a bandit.

ledom, good for you on getting on the treadmill. I have to get exercising again. I've put on the weight that I had already lost. Back to eating healthy again. Our next door neighbor came over Christmas Day with a huge plate of Italian cookies his wife made. They were delicious. DH & I made short work of them I can assure you.

judi, how was your holiday?

Well, girls, DH was outside earlier and reported that the roof of my car was covered with FROST and there was so much on the windshield that one would need a scraper to get off. I moved to FL for this???? :D

Have a great day everyone.

ledom
12-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Morning girls - I have added a tracker. What fun!

Alice, what is it about Christmas cookies? My mother insists on baking them every year. Of course she has total control over how she eats them, DD and I start the season with the best of intentions, even putting off the day we bring them into the house. And then all he!! breaks lose. We threw out the last dozen or so this a.m. Anyway, there are still three things in the house that I must resist, I am just naming them over and saying to myself today you will not eat this, this and this.

I am starting my good behavior today. Have high hopes for this year. Now that I have a tracker I can watch and see how well I am doing. Suspect the first 5 lbs. will go pretty fast as they came on pretty fast, then the work really begins.

LaDean
12-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi, scales are up some today.. but hey got till friday. i am back to plan this morning for good now.. i got to reach goal this week for sure. so i plan to do it. glad everyone else is ready to start new year to.. we can and we will do it. have a great day all. its a new day so go for it.. LaDean

ledom
12-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Morning girls - I finished my workout. Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and an arm workout. Not working has such an impact on how much easier it is for me to workout. I can do it when I work too but it takes so much more determination. I just have to start pumping myself up now for Jan. 17 when I must get myself up earlier and not dawdle so long over computer and coffee. You see, I want to make some good headway the rest of winter and early spring so that when school is out and I have 8 delicious workfree months ahead of me I already have a headstart on making this the year I lose the weight. Yesterday was my best eating day in a long time. Hope to make today good as well.

LaDean
12-28-2004, 07:52 PM
how do i get my wt slider trader on here

LaDean
12-28-2004, 09:02 PM
hi how do you put the tracker on here. i got it figured out and saved it to my pictures. but no idea how i move it to here> so let me know please i love it so cute///

ledom
12-29-2004, 12:35 AM
LaDean,

At the end after you see what it looks like, scroll down to the middle box and copy that code. Then select Edit Signature (I think that's what it is) on the menu to the left, paste the code you copied to the signature box and submit. The next time you post it should appear.

LaDean
12-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Ledom. thanks so much. i just got it figured out. have been with this . decided to stay with it till i got it. ha ha then when i finally did noticed you had came on. so thanks so much.. I love it and its so cute. ha My day has been good. i have to reach goal this week to graduate with my tops friend this spring. and also to be our best loser in group for year. so i am praying alot. and trying hard. i wanted it so bad the week before christmas as i knew i would be up christmas. but guess its making me buckle down and work hard for it. sometimes that is how it is. we have to work for it. ha so i sure am. i walked this evening and also last nite. trying to keep busy. well thanks again. Hope everyone had a good day.. LaDean

ledom
12-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Alice - did you have more frost this week? We are having our typical extremes in temperatures, last week there were several days we never got above freezing and now we are in the high 60's and should be in the 70's today. Which jives perfectly with my New Year's plans - a friend and I are camping out on the lake tonight and meeting up with a group of paddling friends in the morning for an outing. I'm calling it the New Year's Cruise, we'll stop someplace and roast suasages drink hot cocoa and toast the New Year. There is no place I'd rather start my year!

Here is to a healthy and propserous New Year to all of you and I look forward to sharing it with you.

aleka
12-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Good morning,

ledom, your New Year's Cruise sounds wonderful. Have a great time. No, we didn't get anymore frost during the week. Later that afternoon the temp got into the 70's. Can you believe it? It has gotten warmer. It has been somewhere in the 50's most mornings warming up into the 70's during the day. The powers that be are calling for a temp of 78 by Sunday.

LaDean, did you reach goal today? I've had my fingers crossed for you. Lacee wishes Tuffy a Happy New Year!

I want to wish you all a Safe, Healthy, and Happy New Year, and all the happiness you deserve in 2005.

LaDean
12-31-2004, 04:17 PM
Aleka, yes i did it i became a KOPS today . so excited and i am so happy. its done . but not really. got to really be good now. see i can go 7 below goal and 3 above. if i do either like gain more then the 3 or go down more then the 7 have to change goal or 2 weeks to get the right area. so i do plan on losing like 20 more lbs or less. but will see about keeping this area right now. then when garden time comes i can start losing some more. oh its so great took me 39 years in tops and finally did it. never to late they say. i have never give up always had that hope and belief that i could do it. alot of prayer and all did it to. but most of all a BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE . YOU HELPED ME SO MUCH BY SHARING AND HELPING ME STICK TO IT.... HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE TO ALL AND A HAPPY NEW YEARS DAY... Hubby and i stay in tonite off the roads but we are going out to eat a early dinner a nice place. ha i plan to stick to plan. tuffy wishes lacee and all our little friends on here a happy new year. i hope he has another good year. does pretty good for his problems and all. LaDean

aleka
12-31-2004, 04:54 PM
LaDean, congratulations!!! :bravo: No, it's never too late. You should be very proud of yourself. Have a good dinner out with your DH tonight.

LaDean
01-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Aleka, thanks so much friend. its all my friends online that helped me so much. i am still excited and hard to believe i did it. now i plan to lose 20 lbs more but going to hold this for the time being. then go from there. I had a great dinner. we had fun. going to do it more often i told him. ha well you and everyone have a great NEW 2005 YEAR... tuffy slept through it last nite. ha did lacee... shes so cute. have a great day to all. LaDean i got this wt scale thing to stay on here then changed the numbers on it and it went away. so got to get it figured out again. ha

ledom
01-02-2005, 11:50 AM
good morning,

Go LaDean! Congratulations on hitting that goal! You're right, they say that the most successful weight loss people get it right because they don't give up and generally have tried and failed before trying and succeeding.

My camping trip was lovely - I do live in the most beautiful place in the world I sometimes believe. We paddled on the Ouachita River and saw soaring bluffs with the best geological formations, lots of birds too. Which reminds me, my favorite Christmas present this year was the gift of bird feeders. I am enjoying watching the birds in my backyard so much. I would never feed them before because I had outdoor cats, now that my lovelies live indoors I am getting to enjoy the birds.

Hope all is well with you all and have a great day.

LaDean
01-03-2005, 02:32 PM
thanks ledom... hey your trip sound so fun and pretty to.we have alot of nice and pretty sites here to. oh glad you can watch birds from your yard now and all. we have lots come out to. fun to watch.. got to watch now to stay within my leeway.. well to all a good day. LaDean

LaDean
01-03-2005, 02:33 PM
i had this darn signature working. then went to change and now cannot get it to show picture again. oh well.... ha

ledom
01-04-2005, 12:19 PM
Ladean, I don't know what to tell you about the tracker. Maybe you could send Aphil (our moderator) a note and ask her to help you.

All is well here though I am still struggling to get back on track. Thought of a new (old) trick that I plan to impose on myself - no food after 7:30. I think what it boils down to is I have stretched out my stomach be eating more food than I was - gotta suffer through getting it shrunk back again. Seems that night eating has been what has been biting my booty lately so I plan to work on that. Kinda feeling like a tub-o-lard these days.

aleka
01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Hello everyone,

Gee, LaDean, I don't know what to tell you about the tracker either. I would take ledom's suggestion and ask the moderator what is going on, or you could pose a question on the forum page. I believe the very first topic is for help. Maybe either way you can get some help with your tracker.

ledom, I can relate about stretching out your stomach from eating too much. I hopped on the scale this morning, and I'm up 2 more lbs.! I was horrified. So, it's back on track.

Hope you're all having a good day.

LaDean
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Aleka and Ledom. thanks so much i will try to get it figured out again. ha if i keep at something it comes through. ha Yes know what you both are talking about. i get off my carbs lower ones and bingo its on there. up 2 lbs this week. still under my leeway in kops. but i want to lose 22 lbs more. so got to buckle down and get with it. good luck to the both of you. i have been walking steady and so that is helping me feel better. tuffy seems to be better this morning. had a cold i think. is cold here and frosty. say snow friday but have been for weeks now. hope we do not get any. ha its close down so can stay up there. ha have a good day the both of you. LaDean

LaDean
01-05-2005, 01:11 AM
hey gals. thanks for telling me to go to the one gal. i did it .. neat and fun. i have been trying this for days. and to find out never had all the code wrote out. ha ha oh well its done. ha have a good tomorrow. i have couple lbs i got to get down before friday.. still good but want to be down where not so worrying about it and all. i have stuck to plan today. either got a cold or allergies. tuffy is not doing the greatest. i think he has a cold. just sleeps and lays around alot. i never got my walk in. got dark on me and so cold this evening. so should get on ex bike. well later LaDean

ledom
01-05-2005, 09:26 AM
OK LaDean, maybe you can help me now. I have edited my ticker but can't find the button to edit my signature now. It isn't where it was when I first created my ticker.

ledom
01-05-2005, 11:10 AM
OK, never mind, I finally figured it out. For anyone else reading this who might be having the same problem - to edit signature you go to the bottom of this page. Under forum jump you select site area and then select user control panel. I have literally fretted with this for 2 hours this morning. It was VITAL that everyone know I lost 2 lbs.!!! Or at least it was vital for me to tell you I did. ;-)

Of course it could be my new haircut contributing to this loss - I got it cut really really short yesterday - about 2" all over my head. I like it a lot!

Not much else new. Still enjoying my vacation - I have been looking at Eating For Life a lot lately and am coming with some new things to eat. Did you buy that book Alice? I can't remember if you said you did or not.

Still haven't done my workout but gotta move in that direction soon.

LaDean, I hope you and Tuffy are feeling better today.

Missin' you judi girl.

aleka
01-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey everyone,

ledom, that's great you losing 2 lbs. :cp: You go, girl!!! Yes, I do have EFL book and love the eating plan. But, I'm not sure it would work if I just do mostly cardio with light weights, 2-3 lbs. thrown in. I saw some photos in the BFL book and it seemed like you had to have a lot of equipment. You got your hair cut short!! I bet it's very flattering and easy to take care of. My hair is exactly like it is in the Avatar, only now I'm not wearing bangs. It seems like I get into a rut when it comes to hairstyles.

LaDean, how is Tuffy doing? Hope he's doing much better. Glad that you got your weight ticker straightened out. I usually get very frustrated when things like that happen.

judi, where are you and whatcha been up to?

Have a good day.

ledom
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Alice, you might give EFL a try w/ the workout plan you suggested. I am not doing the BFL plan as written now. I am doing weights but have decided to do cardio most days too. I know following that plan as compared to non-diet days would be so much better even w/out exercise. I decided to do a yoga tape today instead - honestly, it had me sweating harder than cardio and weights. Just such a cleansed feeling when I finish this tape. I want to get this into the mix once a week. It has a good ab workout and I never do abs! And I NEED to do abs!

aleka
01-05-2005, 02:42 PM
ledom, right now I'm just starting an exercise routine. I'm going rather slowly because I haven't exercised in quite a while. There was an article in the recent issue of Womans Day magazine by Leslie Sansone on how to start a walking program. For 2 weeks or so you walk 1 mile 6 days a week, then increase it to 2 miles, and so on until you are walking 4 miles. On the 3rd week you add light weights a few of the days. I will dig out my EFL book and look through it tonight, and I may have some questions for you. EFL did make the move where a lot of my other diet books didn't. What yoga tape did you do? You know, just like everything else, I have a beginners yoga tape along with a mat and some blocks, which have never even been out of the box. All my intentions are good, but if only I could follow through.

ledom
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm all for starting slow on an exercise program. Don't burn yourself out before you even get started! Just make sure that, as your program suggests, you gradually increase intensity, speed, time, etc. so that you do get the benefits. I so know what you mean about good intentions. The last few days I have had some clarity that I hope will stay with me - if there is an area or habit that is really bad - I am trying to concentrate on that behaviour, think about it and strategize all during the day, and then when it pops up I can have a little more control. All day yesterday I thought about how I wasn't going to eat something extra at the end of the day as I have been wanting to do lately. I reminded myself that I was going to weigh first thing this a.m. and that seemed to help get me through the munchies last night, it was much less of an option.

aleka
01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
ledom, the way this walking program is outlined is really makes it doable. It's like taking baby steps. She does have these walking tapes called, Walk Away the Pounds in a 1,2,3, and 4 mile walk. She also suggests when you're walking outside to to a 15 min. mile, then gradually make it a 12 min. mile. Yesterday I had a very bad day eating-wise. DH & I went out for lunch, and I ate way too much. It tasted so good, but I my stomach felt awful afterward and I was so mad at myself for caving in. That's good you talked yourself out of the munchies last night. I am addicted to this dessert, it is low calorie. I put 2 Tablesp. (you can use more or less, according to your taste) of SF/FF any flavor instant pudding into 1/2 cup FF plain yogurt then whip it with a whisk until it's blended. It is so good. I have that just about every night. Is this something you can have on EFL?

ledom
01-05-2005, 05:33 PM
I believe it is. I have, found another great pudding type thing though. Actually look in your EFL, it has several variations on myoplex shake mix, skim milk, and ff/sf pudding mix. All of a sudden I have a use for all those shakes I ordered and didn't like. As puddling I like them.

LaDean
01-05-2005, 08:31 PM
hi aleka and lacee, well i just got back from doing the hardest thing i have ever had to do. wanted to share this with you. tuffy got real bad this morning and loss all strength in his other back leg and could not even stand up. layed all day. i kept praying and hoping then i said i would never let him suffer. he was dying when i took him in loss of all color so she put oxygen on him right away.. said if it was off he would probably go. so i made the decision. pray for me i need prayers so very much... I know things like this happen and its so hard. thanks for being here you gals and letting me share it helps. LaDean

ledom
01-06-2005, 12:39 AM
LaDean, I am so very sorry. I know Tuffy was your baby - you have been such a good friend to him. Please know that you did the right thing for him tonight and that he isn't hurting or suffering anymore. Be gentle with yourself - my thoughts are with you.

aleka
01-06-2005, 07:48 AM
LaDean, I am so sorry about Tuffy. It was a hard decision to make, but you made the right one. I hope you can take comfort in knowing you gave him a lot of love and a good home. :grouphug:

LaDean
01-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Aleka, thanks so much, we were talking last nite and said he never liked us crying and unhappy. he was such a happy little one all the time. i did get a last kiss he reached up and gave me one. i knew then it would be the last. yes he was gone she said when i got there. so i know i would not want him worse then he was. so thinking good today. we have to bury him and going to make it no tears as hard as it will be. he has a favorite cover he has on him of nite so wrapping him in that and all. so he will be at rest and not suffereing like he was. he showed us how to adjust to anything. and go on. do not give up. he was so cute how he got around and did his little things. so alot of good memories. i had just the other day put pictures of him in some cute frames doggy ones i got from him. my daughter would get them and put from tuffy. had a cute box to keep all his pictures in also. so it was meat to be i had them all on the fireplace manel. ha funny how things happen and are meant to be. well hey thanks for being here it helps.. enjoy lacee. there a great little dog. I am down 2 lbs this morning and that is 2 below my goal. but yesterday i never ate. so do not like to do that. well ahve a great day now.. LaDean

aleka
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
LaDean, that's great you have all those photos of Tuffy. We have a lot of photos of all the Bostons we have had. They're nice to look at. Take care.

LaDean
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Ledom, thanks so much for your nice thoughts. its hard i try to think of good things and i start crying. i guess i jsut need to get all the tears out.. I know hes not suffering and that means so much to me. he had adjusted so much and taught our family we can adjust to it all. so that was a lesson he lefted us with. also prayers answered the ground is not as hard today either. so that is a good thing. yes got lots of photos of him. and all over. how many bostons have you had aleka??? did they have a type of seisure or strokes/??? i think with my heart this is what happen again and it was a bad one. he was crying out so sad. she said she could check it with blood work and also to see if there was a tumor in back area. but he was gone she said. i said oh now i know within my heart it was a stroke that satifies me. so today i am going to try to make it happy out there taking care of him. promised my daughter i would. the boston terriers as you know aleka are happy dogs. well thanks so much the both of you for being here to listen to me. it helps so much to share my feelings and all. thanks again.. your great. LaDean

aleka
01-07-2005, 08:11 AM
LaDean, how are you doing today? Better, I hope. Lacee is our 4th Boston Terrier. Many years ago we had 2 at one time. One of them was prone to seizures when she got older and that's how she died. I had only seen her have 1 seizure and it was very mild. I didn't know what was happening, but she came out of it quickly. She could've had others I didn't know about because I was working at the time and both dogs were left home most of the day. The other Boston had arthritus in her spine. We had to give her 1/2 aspirin every day. The Boston we had before Lacee had heart problems. She had a heart murmur later in life. Yes, Bostons are happy dogs.

ledom, I was looking through the EFL book, and I was wondering if you have to have protein the protein shakes and/or use the Myoplex shake mix in recipes, like the chocolate pudding recipe.

Have a good day, ladies.

ledom
01-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes LaDean - I too hope you are feeling better. Your plans for remembering Tuffy sound so nice. And do you plan to find another puppy to love? Not everyone is the same, but when I find myself in your situation I find another pet to love as soon as possible - it helps me not feel so sad. It doesn't mean you love the other any less.

Alice, I bet another brand of protein powder would work though I haven't tried it. Actually I bought a new brand of protein powder yesterday and was suprised to see, at Wal-Mart, cans of EAS Myoplex Lite. Mine is in individual pkgs.

Yesterday DD and I went to visit the Clinton Presidential Library. It was so lovely. All the comments that it looks like a double-wide mobile home from a distance might be true, but up close and personal it is very elegant. We commented that we enjoyed the architecture as much as the exhibits. Left feeling we'd only scratched the surface of all there was to see. I am sure we'll visit it again. We also saw the movie "Sideways", I strongly recommend it. Very funny and sweet.

Diet is humming along. I have been getting in all my workouts and not cheating with food. My plan not to eat after 7:30 is going well too and I have decided that is my New Year's Resolution.

Take care all.

LaDean
01-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Aleka and Ledom. thanks its easier today. still hard and miss him right under my feet. as i seen for him. so i think now he can look down on me and watch me. and hes still here near. Well i say now no more. see we are retired and its so hard on me. so who knows. ha i have the love to give. a friend was telling hubby he had some for sell. but not ready for a pup.ha ha tuffy was all trained when we got him.. oh i look out back at his little spot and we layed him towards house. its so good to have you 2 to share this with. helps me so much. I think he has seizures or strokes aleka. oh 4 of them. we loved tuffy and his personality was his. hubby had a friend with one and always wanted one. so was our anniv time and that is what he got me. i had 7 years ago from then had to have a beagle put to sleep. so took me 7 years to get one. but oh there so happy and got t here cute ways.. if i got another one it would be a boston bull terrier. well glad your eating plans are going good and all. mine is. Loss 1.50 this morning. 2 lbs under goal. so i am going for the 22 lbs lefted i want to lose. then i will be where i want to be. i been walking. did last nite. going of evening.. then just been trying to keep busy. got some of my computer room done. then got kitchen done one end to another. hubby helped me with washing the cubboards and all. so is neat. got all new dishes for christmas. so got rid of others. now got other rooms but taking it one at a time. i love the picture of you and lacee. i had one taken of tuffy and i by the christmas tree. thank God i took it.. i tryed to put one of him on here but guess i do not know how. ha well maybe figure it out. have a good day the both of you. and thanks so much for being friends. they are so good to have.. LaDean

ledom
01-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Morning girls - How is everyone?

I am gearing back up for work this week (start back next Monday), I need to get all the things done I have been putting off. Last week was great in that I feel like I found myself comfortable with my eating and exercise plan again. It's amazing what just one good week can do for you.

http://silascrutherton.journalspace.com/

Above is a cheery and positive blog site for you Weight Watchers. I have enjoyed reading some of his entries over the weekend. How thrilling and motivating to watch someone near their goal weight.

Last week I did yoga, on my own, three times. Felt so good and that has to be another part of my new year plan, to get it in once or twice a week. I once again forwent signing up for yoga class. I just need to save the money, and time spent traveling to the studio, and do it at home. The classes were great to get me going and while I wish I could continue the class, there are things that frustrate me about it as well. A home practice just suits me better for the time being.

Take care all and have a good day.

LaDean
01-10-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi, glad all is going good your way. it is here. had my walk and ate right today. i am doing better. just got so many memories with me. it sure helps. been looking at pictures and all. stay busy that helps alot. have a good day to you both. Hey judi where are you???? miss you. LaDean

aleka
01-11-2005, 07:59 AM
Good morning,

I started my walking program yesterday. I did a 1 mile walk and will do another one today.

LaDean, glad that you're feeling better and that you had a good day yesterday.

ledom, there are a lot of good yoga tapes or DVDs out there. Being comfortable with your exercise and eating plan is a good feeling.

Hey judi, how is the WW coming along?

LaDean
01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Aleka, glad you started walking., i love to walk and i have gotten back to mine also. i do feel better. was so tired last nite though when i got back from it. i think all of this just got caught up with me is why.. i do feel better this morning. plan is going good so that is great. scales are looking good. i tryed to put a pic of tuffy on here but it never worked. is cold here but sun is out and nice out..
I wish all a good day.. LaDean

ledom
01-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Morning folks - how's it going? Fine here. I am slowly but steadily making progress (note ticker). I love my ticker, in a small way it motivates me.

Will be doing yoga today. Maybe some cardio as well.

How's the walking going Alice?

Hope you are feeling better today LaDean.

LaDean
01-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi, I am doing ok. is easier and all. just staying busy. scales are up little bit but still under goal. so that is good. in tops when you reach goal and become a kops. you gain and if your under goal its not a gain. so that is good. we have a led way to stay in. cannot go lower then 7 under goal or 3 lbs above. so i am doing ok now at this area. i am so glad. i may stay here for awhile and see how it goes before i go lower. will see how i continue to lose. i am glad your plan Ledom is going good. if we just get one we can go for is good.

aleka, hope your day is going good. i never walked yesterday never felt the greatest was cold. but today i feel good so back to walk... good luck to you.

everyone have a great day.. LaDean

aleka
01-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Hello there,

ledom, congratulations! You're certainly moving in the right direction! The walking is going great. I've also switched from coffee to green tea in the mornings, and I have 1 or 2 more cups during the day. I've heard that green tea helps with weight loss. I have found that I don't miss coffee at all. AND I've started drinking more water. I have lost 3 lbs., but I'm not going to move my ticker until I lose 5 lbs.

LaDean, glad that you're doing well. If you do want to lose more weight, do you have to tell your TOPS leader that you want to go lower?

Enjoy the rest of your day.

LaDean
01-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Aleka, thanks. yes i have to get another goal slip and all. to send in to nationals. but you know i was thinking yesterday God let me reach this goal. So i want to be happy about that which i am. so figured hey except this goal and try to stay here. then if this summer garden time i start losing again then go for it. the other goal. but right now be happy with this one. so that is what i have decided. garden time is easier for me to lose. so this way i won't get all stressed out and blow it all. ha ha Hey i heard that about green tea to. i know i had a cup the other day and was weird it was not black .ha use to that. this morning i had a peach tea. oh yummmmy. neighbor gave me some. good for you taht is a good loss. keep it up. so happy for you. say hi to laceee for me. i tryed to put tuffys picture on here but it never worked. to big i guess or i was not doing it right. thought in memory of him i would.. ha we are going to eat out tonite but i am going to be good. then a movie. so going to eat before movie so no snacks. ha that is always better. cause can eat a meal anymore for what snacks cost. ha ha Its Ocean Twelve. so sound good. daughter and i are going to it. hubby will go eat out with us. its cold here and rainy. but ice not to far so glad we never got it. not poring so is good. have a good day.. best wishes with your losing..

Ledom. hey glad all is going good with your plan and all. is so neat when we get our plans all so different as we all are. but hey they are all the same purpose. and together like this makes it so fun. you gals help me so very much. thanks to both of you

Hey Judi..... Misssing you lots... hope all is ok your way and just busy and all. come in when you can...

WE TRY AND WE CAN DO. THAT IS THE MAIN THING IS TRYING.. LaDean

this page has been off for me all morning and yesterday could not geton. so glad its working again. ha ha i miss it when i cannot get in. ha ha

aleka
01-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Good morning,

Hope you had a great weekend. It poured here on Friday with some thunder and lightning mixed in. It was a very dreary day on Sat. and part of Sun. It's also cooled down considerably.

ledom, how are things going with you? I did miss a couple of days of walking, but I'm back on track now. Is it awfully cold where you live?

LaDean, did you enjoy the movie? That's a good idea of giving your body a rest from losing all that weight. When, or if you're ever ready again to start losing weight, you will.

judi, where are you, girl???

Have a good day.

ledom
01-17-2005, 10:49 AM
Morning, It is cold this morning Alice. But our weather is insane. We have week in the 60/70's and then a week in 2030's. It is supposd to be cold most of this week.

I start back to work tomorrow.That is probably a good thing, it has been a long break this winter.

I have been keeping up good w/ exercise. Food has been good too. I had a pretty big free day on Saturday, a party to go too, etc. I don't plan to take as many free meals this time, but I did enjoy having some treats this week. Got right back on the ball yesterday though. I even did some extra hiking to compensate for Sat.

Take care.

LaDean
01-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Aleka, oh rain sounds like here. not bad though it never pored. ha i got my walk in yesterday. missed saturday. movie was good and fun to just get out . glad your back to walking and all. i know it makes me feel better when I walk. we get so much rain just use to walking in it. got me a raincoat with hood and better then having to carry a umbrella. ha have a good day.

Ledom. glad your doing good with plan and all. its sure better when we get our plans together and go for one. less stressful i think and all. have a good day

LaDean
01-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi, hope you all had a great day. i sure did. nice and sunny here and had a good walk. even had to remove my sweat jacket. then have had a good eating day to. needed to drink more water though. got to get with that. saw a boston bull terrier i got a kiss. was so happy to see it running was about age when we got tuffy. so reminded me know how he is and all. i was so happy. the puppies 8 of them all had died. vet said a c section and they were not ready. so sad. so i will wait to see them. i just wanted to see them as a pup.ha ha but it made my day very good to see the male dog. so many memories.I love coming in here and sharing. so glad you all are there to listen. ha ha i am keeping eyes open and i may see about getting another one and all. time will tell. ha I hope everyone had a great day. missed you all coming in. LaDean

ledom
01-19-2005, 01:57 AM
LaDean wish you lived here. There have been Boston's advertised in the paper all week - made me think of you.

LaDean
01-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Ledom, oh i wish i did to. not very many here. just going to keep an eye out. thought i might call the vet today and see if they know of anyone. oh thanks for thinking of me. there so cute as puppies. i have never seen one is why i want to. ha

I done good yesterday. walked and stayed with plan. scales are showing it this morning to. so that makes me happy.. have a good day

aleka, hope all is going good for you.. give lacee loves for me. i sure miss them. ha

judi...oh whereeeeereeee are you.... missing you... hope your back soon.

LaDean

aleka
01-19-2005, 11:35 AM
LaDean, do a search for Boston Terriers and you'll probably come up with a list of breeders. Possibly you can find one in your area so that you can take a peek at what they look like. But beware, you just may fall in love. :love: That's how we got Lacee. The breeder we got Lacee from sent a picture via the internet of her when she was just a few weeks old. She looked like a little rodent. :D Good luck in your search.

LaDean
01-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Aleka, thanks so much. i did search some and so cute loved them all. ha ha alot in the south area. oh lacee is so cute. she is marked alot like tuffy was. i was going to put a picture on here but have to figure out how to get it small. says its to big. so will work at it. ha i know i will fall in love i know. hubby said i will. so will see. called vet today but none in area they knew of.. day is going good. so nice and sunny. i plan to walk later. got to run to store. got laundry out and love to hang it out. days are getting longer to. i am ready for spring... have a great day.. LaDean

ledom
01-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I just wanted to check in a say hello. I have started back to work and as expected, diet and exercise is HARDER! I stumbled a little, but still feel that I will be able to prevail. Yesterday was very good, Wednesday not good at all. But when I went to bed Wed. night I felt bad about the day and woke up feeling bad about it the next a.m. I guess I need to cultivate that feeling because I worked harder yesterday to do better. I had a bunch of food cooked up, but it's almost gone now so this weekend will be a major cooking and replenishing of the fridge. DD has decided to commute to school this semester instead of living on campus so that is different too. I have mixed feelings about it, of course I like having her here. I am missing some alone time though.

Hope you guys are doing well. I think after this first whirlwind week things will even out a bit for me.

aleka
01-21-2005, 10:01 AM
ledom, you will prevail because the will is there. Was it due to exercise, eating or both that made Wed. a bad day for you? You're back on track again, and that's all that really counts. I know you enjoyed having your own space when your DD was living at the dorm. So, it must be a mixed blessing that she's decided to commute.

LaDean, are you planning on getting another Boston Terrier? If so, you can go into the American Kennel Club and see if there are any breeders fairly close to you.

My exercising and eating have been going well. I'm doing WATP 2 mile walk, and next week I'll be adding 2 lb. weights while walking.

Hope you have a good Friday.

LaDean
01-21-2005, 10:47 AM
Ledom. the main thing is your getting back with program when your off. so hang in there. we all have bad days. i plan to make a stew today so i can have some. ha so we just work around it and can have things we want to i find. good luck . things will work out with d home and all. have a good day. i need to prepare my meals more it helps.

Aleka, well i think about it. but then i think not. ha so mixed feelings now. i jsut want to see one as a puppy. never have. it gets lonesome. but i cared for tuffy so much he needed so much care the last 2 years i want one that is bout year old if i get. i loved every moment i took care of him. i treasure those days and times. my plan is going good this week. i hope this morning to be below goal. but if not its ok i am still in leeway . its something getting use to this and all. ha especially being our wt. recorder i have never had kops before. but its ok. just have to remember rules are different for them and all. ha getting there. have a good day

JUDIIIIIII OH WHERE ARE YOU AT.. MISS YOU. HOPE ALL IS OK..

ledom
01-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Hey girls, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Alice, exercise and eating both! Didn't have time to workout before work and then I just had one bad thing and one thing led to another. I pretty much was off in every way all day long. Yesterday was a success though and today so far so good. I think even if I don't have time for my full workout I should at least manage my 1 mile on the treadmill everyday because it just sets a better tone. First couple of weeks of classes are always the hardest. I plan to count Wed. as my free day and will workout hard on the weekend. I think I should just plan that anyway as I have more time then.

DD still struggles w/ anxiety and stress and just a lot of the things kids her age struggle with. She is so beautiful and so talented and just can't see it. I think this is probably a transition time for her. I half way expect her to get an apartment sometime this semester. I'm sure she'll hate living with me after a while. But right now I guess it feels safe to her.

LaDean, I hope you find just what you are looking for in a new puppy dog.

Alice, glad to hear you are picking up steam with you walking program.

LaDean
01-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Hi gals, well loss 3/4 this week and above goal but in lee way i am going to work harder this week and go below goal . then i feel safer. ha Yes when time comes i will most likely get another pup. so much love and company they are. i see little lacee here and i think oh got to have one. ha if i get one will be that kind. thanks aleka i will go into that site. may have been into it. the vet recommended it to me i think to. but will check it out. love looking at the pictures of them and all. ha but hubby said today lets wait and we can start going alittle bit now. so i said ok. will do as i love going. i am so happy we all have our plans and all. makes it so nice to share them and all. and our babies to. ha ha hey wonder where that Judi is/???? i sure miss her. Have a good weekend the both of you. I made a stew today and will eat it. then back to my carbs. ha ha LaDean

LaDean
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
hi., i been busy with laundry today. nice sunny summer day and i love hanging the wash out. so its getting all dry. i been staying busy.. i have to get those scales down this week. its just not good to get in habit of being in leee way as i am above goal a lb. so better get with it. so walk later today. in fact getting ready to head out any time. having pork chops and vegie tonite for dinner. so that will be good. then today has been good so far to.. I hope both of you are having a good day.. LaDean

ledom
01-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Good morning, hey Alice - bet you're happy you live in Fla. this weekk?!? And LaDean it sounds as if you're having picture perfect weather.

Another busy week here but Monday, the hardest day, is over. And, I have somethiing good to look forward to this weekend. It's the annual girls get-away to the mountains north of here. I am looking forward to that.

I am working hard on diet and exercise. Exercise going better now but I'm not doing too bad with eating, just not perfect.

Have a good day.

aleka
01-25-2005, 08:49 AM
Good morning,

ledom, you're right. I am glad to be living in FL this week. But, it has been awfully cold here. It's gotten into the 30's these past couple of nights and it's only gotten into the 50's during the day. At least we don't have the snow they got up north. I have been in touch with a few family members and a couple of my friends to see how they fared. They all have seemed to have weathered the storm pretty well. Did you get anything out of that storm? I know how much fun you girls have on your mountain getaway. That is something for you to look forward to. Glad the exercise is going well for you. As far as eating, all the articles I have read have said to take baby steps. That way the changes become permanent. You'll get there with the eating.

LaDean, congratulations on the 3/4 lb. It is hard maintaining your weight loss. I have read that losing the weight is the easy part (ya, right):lol: and maintaing is the hard part. Glad that you're having some nice weather.

LaDean
01-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Aleka, yes i am getting use to keeping it in this one area. I do think its easier losing it yes. so that is why i decided to just balance here for awhile. then garden season when i do lose or did before.ha i can go down some. Yes our weather is so pretty just like summer. gets foggy at nite. but no complaining for sure. hey cold for there where your at. thanks i love this weather. sure enjoying it. Have a great day to both of you. LaDean

aleka
01-28-2005, 09:46 AM
Good morning,

My eating and exercising are going well. I do slip occasionally, but get right back on the next day.

Lacee had her teeth cleaned yesterday. So, she spent the day at the Vets. It was very lonesome around the house. She's home and doing well, but she hasn't left my side for a moment.

ledom, this is your big weekend. Have a wonderful time with your friends. Your annual weekend getaways sound like a lot of fun.

LaDean, how are things going with you?

Have a good day.

ledom
01-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Morning Alice - this is going to be our year. I just know it. Congrats on your diet and exercise focus.

I am very excited about the getaway - it is like my New Year in a way. It's a party. There is such a tradition about where we go. I was introduced to it by my friend Mary - she always spearheaded this girls weekend. Well, Mary died 6 years ago in her sleep at the age of 40. Her birthday is Jan. 31 and we always try to go back there around her birthday. We remember her and each of us rehash our year, our lives, our plans. It is a good thing. This year we have a new friend to take with us. Last year one of our members was in an unhappy marriage, during the past year she has divorced, bought a new home, and will be a grandmother soon. I'd say her life has taken the most radical turn. Anyway, you get the picture. It's a touchstone weekend.

I am going to be ready to start a new and improved exercise and diet program when I get back. I am going to get serious about counting calories and I have a new workout plotted out. I am going to stop being so intuitive about dieting and start being scientific about it.

LaDean I hope you are having a good day and have a good weekend. Are you planning your garden yet? I want to dig a new flower bed this year.

LaDean
01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Morning Aleka and Ledom. Never went to tops this morning. something came up. so decided not to go.. I am doing fine. been walking and plan well ate more carbs this week. so today its back to less of them. I am having a time getting the amt for my body and all. so just have been adding here and there and got to get away from that and buckle down and get with it. so happy to hear the both of you are doing good. Hey Ledom have a fun trip. that is so sweet to do that in memory of your friend and having a new friend to take. that is great. know you all have a ball. Aleka glad lacee is doing ok. give her some loves for me. i sure miss tuffy still but life goes on. have decided now just to not think of another one now. our area out here and all would just not be good for another dog. no where to really walk and all with one. its built up so much in the last year and the road going through is like so busy and all. it use to be like out in country and so different. oh well time will tell.ha I am so glad your plan aleka is going good. No have not started garden yet. its like summer and makes us want to get with it. but not for awhile as winter is still here and all. we got lawn work done and all. I need to get one flower bed weeded. ha i am ready for garden. ha well hey you 2 have a great weekend.

Judi....Oh where oh where are you....??????? miss you.... Hope all is ok

aleka
01-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Ledom, I am so sorry about your girlfriend. That must have been hard on all of you. I'm sure you all have great memories of your friend and it's wonderful to get together and talk about them. Glad that you have a new friend going with you this year. I'm sure she'll have a wonderful time. It's good to shake things up dieting and exercising. I'm not following any particular program, as I just can't seem to stick to anything for very long. I'm just eating like I normally do, but eating less. I really think the exercising is playing a major role in my weight loss. I finally have found something I can stick to. You're absolutely right that this is our year!

LaDean, glad you're having such great weather. It has warmed up a bit and it's delightful. I have no idea if we'll get back into the cooler weather that we had last week.

Take care.

LaDean
01-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Aleka, so glad its warmed up there to. i hope ours stays. was windy and stormy a bit today but not for long. so glad your exercise is working so well for you. i am a true believer in exercise. i make it fun and i love it. just got in from a walk. i always feel so good. never went to tops this am. had other plans. but i have done good all day with my program. your doing right by eating less and all. at least your watching it. its when we give up and do nothing is the bad part. give lacee loves for me. i just love to see this picture of her. i have the whole mantle of tuffy. so i get a sad moment and see how happy dogs they are and see the pictures and it makes me happy. as he never wanted to see us sad. i am so happy i can share him with you andall. having one you understand how they are. and Ledom sharing with you to. as you love animals and have your cats and all. that is why l love this board. who knows when the time comes i may have another baby to. ha ha well have a great weekend. LaDean

aleka
01-31-2005, 08:44 AM
A Good Monday Morning.....

LaDean, glad that you had a good day with dieting and exercising. Keep up the good work.

ledom, how was your weekend and was it cold up in the mountains?

Have a wonderful day.

LaDean
02-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Aleka, thanks so much. my day was a good one. can tell to as this morning the scales for a change are looking like i want them to look. ha i jsut got off schedule and started snitching here and there. but i know better so back on right track now. walked and had a good one. its like summer here. so thankful for that. still think of the ones with all the snow and such. feel for them. i am so blessed i can walk year round outdoors. i love the fresh air. cleaned off patio yesterday as we burn wood heat and sometimes it gets messy. ha usually daily. ha so anyhows so my abb thing i lay and pull up on it. well that is the area i need work on. so inside it came. in the family room so i can see it. ha so i will start using it for sure. glad your day is going good and hope you had fun in mts. Ledom. gee you have some fun trips and all. i will be glad when spring is here and garden time. that is when we stay quite busy and oh the good vegies to eat. ha well have a good day...

OH WHERE OH WERE ARE YOU JUDI.??????? MISS YOU.

ledom
02-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Morning ladies - I am slowly recovering from the weekend. Sorry to say I haven't been able to jump back into exercise like I planned because I have overslept the last 2 mornings. Today is an easy day at work so maybe I'll get my routine back at last. Need to do some cooking too.

LaDean
02-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Ledom. so glad you had a fun weekend and all. you must have needed rest. so got it now and back to your exercise so that is good. yes i need to fix things ahead of time and plan ahead more. i am buckling down this week. i had to. getting my carbs out of hand. ha but its better. scales are showing a downward going.. so that i like. but was up some. so will be even. but i like that. we have to move forward and when we do that its good. so go for it.. i am. have a good day.

Aleka, hey give lacee a hug for me. shes so cute. Hope your day is going good to. its so summer here so warm. love it. daffodiles and crocus are coming through the ground. i just hope it does not come a real cold spell. as winter is still here. this kinds of days makes us want to get garden and flower beds ready and all. can hardly wait. well you 2 have a good day..

LaDean
02-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Morning Aleka and Ledom. hey scales looking good this morning. i was up and there slowly going down.was above my leeway so scary. so i buckled down. getting it down there. i got back to plan and less carbs. i went to fitday and was surprised filling it out. so got my book down and keeping track to. its a sunny warm day. love it. will be having a walk here pretty soon. i have decided to set an amt of carbs for daily and go for it. do it a week or 2 as takes time to get it adjusted. Hope both of you are having a good day and all. LaDean

LaDean
02-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey where are the 2 of you. miss you.. oh well day has been good. scales were going in right direction. i am no longer up or down. i am in leeway or above goal. or below goal. or when i am in danger above that. that means buckle down and get with it. which happen this week. so i buckled down. so hopefully in am i will be ok. this is all knew to me. i am ready to get my 7 below goal so its easier on me. but i had a great walk. so nice and summer out. love it. i decided to set that amt of carbs. been going into fitday and it helps me. use to use it all the time and got away from it. so hope your day was a good one. LaDean

LaDean
02-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Saturday good morning ... hey where are you gals. busy i guess. i rode exercise bike 2 miles this morning. got to stick to plan better now this week. did ok last week. but got to get back to less carbs then i have been having. ha funny how i think oh i am doing good. but those darn little scales come out with the truth. ha oh well keeps me on my toes. hope your week has been a good one. i cannot wait to get out planting the flowers and in garden. espeically when its ready to eat and all. ha today is nice and sunny love it.. so plan to be outdoors more to. LaDean

esteban
02-07-2005, 05:32 AM
I want to apologize to all of you for not writing. I got just too discouraged and my weight hit an all time high and I was going to give up...BUT I rallied and I am back :o

First of all I want to say how sorry I am about Tuffy, LaDean. It made me want to cry reading it. I know you loved him and gave him a good life.

I have another cat..."Nala", she was a rescue cat, we got her from a shelter. She had a lot of problems, liver, heart, digestive, you name it she had it...but after 2 months in a cat hospital she is well. We just have to be careful and give her only perscription food. She is 7 years old and a Himalayan. She has beautiful blue eyes and of course she is a real diva (a biting scratching one..but she has been thru a lot so we forgive her a lot).

I have been on Atkins for almost a week. I had failed on everything else and Atkins was the ONLY thing left for me to try. BUT amazingly it has gone well so far this week and I feel much more energetic already. I went to the doctor and he said he has been hearing from a lot of people how much more energy they feel on low carb diet. I am not eating red meat but eggs, cheese, chicken and turkey. I have found the meat part pretty revolting but I am desperate to lose weight because I have been finding walking any distance difficult. (And it is cramping my shopping trips :mad: ) When I look at the long road ahead of me...107 lbs. to lose. I almost want to give up even before I start. I am not going to look at it but just do one day at a time. Thank God, I have had no cravings for carbs this week and this in itself is a miracle and the first week is supposed to be the roughest. I weigh in on Tuesday so I will tell you the results.

I am doing Atkins on ediets (as well as have a few books, the new cookbook is nice).

I am happy to be onboard once again :flow2:

big kiss to all! Judi

aleka
02-07-2005, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Judi, welcome back. You were greatly missed. That's fantastic that you have found an eating plan you are comfortable with and you enjoy doing. I've been reading that you shouldn't concentrate on the big picture, just do it a few pounds at a time. A big welcome to Nala. The poor little thing had an awful start, but glad she rebounded and is doing well.

LaDean, glad that everything is going well for you. It sounds like you've been outside a lot in your great weather.

ledom, whatcha been up to?? Have you seen Preventions new eating plan? It's more like a guideline on what to eat. It looks pretty good.

I really surprised myself. DH & I watched the Super Bowl last night because the New England Patriots were playing, and won, BTW:cb: AND I actually enjoyed watching football. I had absolutely no idea what they were doing, or who had the ball half the time. But it was enjoyable.

Hope you all have a good day.

LaDean
02-07-2005, 01:57 PM
WELCOME BACK JUDI... thanks yes it was awful hard. but one of those things. i said i would not let him suffer. that last day he was even trying to get a breathe was hard. so i had to take him in and get him help to just go. so he was in Gods hands for sure. i am not ready to really get another one. there rare to find those kind so that is good to right now. its built up so out here and all. just not fare to get one. so i just love and talk to the neighbors dogs. the one followed me the other nite for a walk. so cute waited up on me when he got aways up ahead. got home and kids were all down street looking for him. ha ha so i have enough around here to talk to and give love to. but watch the paper so if something did come up i might be ready. ha ha so sorry to hear about your cat being sick. so thankful you took him in and gave him a good life now. its so good to come on this board and share our little ones. i love seeing the picture of lacee here each day. it helps me think of tuffy and good memories. i tryed to put one of him on here for memory but could not get it to work. i will figured it out some day. anyhows hey the atkins. you will love it. i reached my goal on it. but this is my first goal. so be sure and break your goals up. do not think of all that wt. just take it in forths like and go for that. reach it and go on. think of it as a goal. i am getting less on red meat to. and read my book again and got some pointers i had missed first time around. for me its working. love the plan. so good luck on it. you can do it.

aleka, thanks so much and you also have a good day. i am so happy my plan is together. but i got off little bit to many carbs and i can see it. so got to get with it. i am this week for sure. are you still walking??? i have been twice some days and riding this exercise bike to. Oh so very thankful for my year round weather i can be outdoors and fresh air and exercising. its so nice. well give lacee a big pat for me.

Ledom. hope your weekend was good and your doing good. you have so many trips you go on and all. so neat and fun. i would love to get a cabin somewhere i told hubby. just go there I think it would be fun. hes a stay at home fellow. so i do not deprive him of his ways. he lets me go and when i want i do. so thankful for that. well have a good day to all 3 of you and anyone else who might just pop in. LaDean

esteban
02-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Hi girls!

LaDean, have you seen Jack Van Impe's DVD on "Pets in Heaven"? It was a comfort to me after Parasha passed on. He goes thru church history and shows what church leaders have believed since about the 3rd century, also scriptural support for his position. I bought one for a friend whose dog passed as well as getting myself one.

Hi Alice!! How are you liking Florida? Is life very diff. there for you than the your previous state? Some place I want to go is Florida.

Hi Ledom :coffee:

I lost 5.5 lbs. this week. DH is so impressed he is going to go on Atkins with me. He has gained about 23 lbs. He is 6ft 5in. so you really can't see it but his pants don't flt him like they used to. It will make it so much easier to fix two same type meals too. I have one more week of Induction but I think I will just stay on it. I have been reading "Dr. Atkin's New Revolution" like it was a bible!! I have been going thru it ...highlighting...making notes etc. I also bought "The Atkins Essentials" and the cookbook. The cheese biscuits in it come out to be only 2 carbs per biscuit and are really good. Did you find this diet expensive? I am finding it really expensive. Maybe it is because I have not bought meat for a decade and now I am experiencing kind of a culture shock when I go shopping (in my mind are prices from way back when) . I haven't bought all the Atkins's extras either. Just the baking mix and lo carb dressings. I didn't buy the supplements. I have SOOO many supplements so I just concoted an array of similiar things to what he has in his supplements.

The sun is shining today...that has been so rare here...it just picks up one's spirit to see it. :D

LaDean
02-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi, yes i find it expensive to. as everyone is on it and meat is sky high.ha so i watch sales alot. i do not buy the atkins products. did the hershey bars and hated them. i am starting the introduction as of today. got to get down below goal now. your doing great judi. keep it up. that is good hubby is going to do it to. makes it easier and all to do it i think. i have a cd and also got the cassetts so listen to them some and helps me. like when i am on my exercise bike and take them on my walks also.. glad all is going so great for you. good girl...Yes i seen that movie. thanks for the reminder will go down and rent it and watch it..

Aleka and Ledom. hope this day is going good your way to. is nice and sunny here again. love it. but know winter is still here to. ha its cool of mornings and real frozty out. some ice to on roads.

to all have a great day... WE CAN AND WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER....

aleka
02-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Good morning,

My girlfriend is in FL visiting her son, who doesn't live very far from me. She's arriving at my house today for a visit until Fri. I'm so excited. I haven't seen her since Sept. When I lived in NH she and I would go out to lunch and shopping or a movie once a week.

LaDean, you're doing so well with Atkins that I know you'll make it to your next goal. I had been walking until this week. I started cleaning the house for my friend's visit and getting all my weekly chores like laundry and stuff done. I only have a few little things left to do.

judi, congratulations on your weight loss. :cp: That's great your DH will be joining you on Atkins. DH usually goes on whatever plan I'm doing at the time, as I'm the one that is cooking. ;) When I was Somersizing, he was doing it with me. In a few months he had lost 20 lbs. and I had lost 5. Needless to say, I was not a very happy camper. I have tried some of Atkins muffin mix and it wasn't bad at all. It is rather expensive, but at Walmart, the prices are a little cheaper than at the grocery stores. DH & I also tried some low carb pasta, it was awful. That is wonderful you're so enthused about Atkins. I'm so glad you have found something you like. Florida living is different than NH. I have to get used to all the traffic and neighbors close by. It is nice in the winter not having to deal with all the cold temps., ice, & snow. I am still adjusting to things down here. But, DH has adjusted quite well.

ledom, haven't heard from you in a while. Hope things are going well for you.

Have a great day!

ledom
02-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Good morning Alice, LaDean, and JUDI - so good to have you back Judi!

Busy here, and less than pleased w/ how my eating is going the last few days. Don't know what is wrong with me but it isn't pretty. I will say my workouts are going great though.

Alice - I looked at the Prevention on the newstands last night but the March one is out. I'll have to go poke around at their website and see what I can find. PMD really got me on a good road a few years back. When you mentioned prevention I even thought about trying to follow PMD again for a while. Just wondering if something new would get me going again.

All in all things are well - DD being home has its stresses but also its pleasures. I do think her being here has a little to do with my diet struggle. She really watches her weight so that isn't really an excuse, but she keeps things like cereal, etc. that can set me off if I am not careful.

I am counting down the days at work and the semester is still young. But the thought of my sabatical is just hard to squelch. I am so looking forward to it. Thankfully I am enjoying my classes this semester.

Oh and one other thing - Alice that is so nice that your friend is visiting. I can tell you are excited. Have fun!

LaDean
02-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Alice, so happy your friends are coming to visit. that is great. i know when i have company coming is a busy time and all. so you will get back to your walking. its exercise to just be cleaning and moving. ha I am going to grandbabies sunday to celebrate grandsons birthday. he will be 6 Valentines day. so i am excited to see them all. then my tops shower for KOPS is friday so that is exciting. I think if we can stay busy that helps to. i am trying to. walked yesterday and rode ex bike also. trying to do more exercise now. talked to a friend on atkins and i am back to introduction. till i get where i want to be. ha so yesterday was good. so glad all is going good your way. give lacee a hug for me. i see dogs on my walk and talk to them and pat them. so helps.

Ledom, hey you will get back with it. that is what is good. we get off but then we move forward and right to plans. i have been off mine lately some to. so can tell. so last 2 weeks buckled down some and is helping. i added some exercise also. so good luck to you.

Judi, hey girl your doing great. i love this atkins plan. its mine for life now. i was adding to much fruit. my weakness and i love it. so back to introduction for me. got to get down few more lbs to stay under my goal and within it.

I WISH ALL OF YOU A GREAT DAY... LaDean

aleka
02-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Good morning,
My girlfriend is still sleeping and I thought I'd catch up on my e mail.

ledom, when I read the diet in Prevention, I immediately thought of PMD. I'm not sure whether or not I kept the info on it. I tried to do a search in Prevention, but came up with nothing. Hope you found the new diet ok in Preventions site.

LaDean, it sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun on Friday. Glad that you're able to get your exercise in.

Hey judi!

Have a great day everybody.

LaDean
02-10-2005, 10:51 AM
Aleka, Yes scales are looking good this morning. still not under like i want but i will get them there. have had a good week with all my plan so that i am thankful for. just rode my exercise bike 2 miles. i missed walk yesterday. got dark on me before i was ready to get out. neighbor never went is why. i forgot time. oh well this is a new day. Hey does lacee have any white on tip of her little ears. she looks so much like my tuffy. i love coming in and seeing her of morning. it helps me alot. brings memories to mind. which i have daily. theres this place we got tuffy we go by it when we go to kids sunday. so i plan to stop and see if they still raise the boston bull terriers or know of someone who does. hubby says oh my.ha but he misses tuffy to. i said just want to look. ha ha oh well if its meant for me to find another one i truly will. ha I am glad your friend is there and you both are having fun i know. glad you got on this morning to. have a fun good day. yes i am excited about tomorrow. we always have fun. a good group and fun group of gals.

Ledom and Judi... hey have a good day to the both of you. glad we all have our plans and there doing what they are suppose to do. doing it together with all of you is great. a big THANKS to all of you for being here for me each day. it helps so much. LaDean

esteban
02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Good afternoon everyone :coffee: Would you believe it...I just got up. I was up way early to go for blood work at 7 AM. I had to fast for 14 hours so of course I wanted to get that out of the way for so I could :cbg: EAT. Then I went back to bed until now...

Anyway, you are doing so GREAT LaDean!! You rode your exercise bike two miles!!! That is so good...exercise that STILL hasn't gotten ahold of me. Though I did buy some belly dancing instructional videos and CD's and want to do them....I can't remember if I told you girls or not but when I told my DH I was going to do belly dancing he looked as horrified as if I said I was going to start pole dancing. :lol:

Ledom, HI!! DD's generally add more stress (along with joy) to life I find...in my case it was a big food trigger for me was just talking on the phone to my DD. Her and her BF friend both lost about 12 lbs. on WW but have already gained it back. She wants to do Atkins but going to university and being a young mom she is pretty busy and I don't know if she can take the time to learn how to the diet properly (whereas at WW if you want to eat all your days points in jelly beans you can...of course they don't encourage that). But you know what I mean. Atkins is less forgiving and one goof up like that and you are out of ketosis and back to square one. Hey, you are having a sabbatical?!! How long will it be? That is so cool...what do you plan to do with yourself?

Did you have a wonderful visit with your friend, Alice? Has your cousin been able to come to Florida? DH's adjust easier to place I think, women are just more connected with their surroundings. Well, you have lived in 2 beautiful parts of the world. We went thru NH and other states last fall and thought the leaves were just amazingly beautiful. One thing I like about the southern states is "porches" on houses. Do you have one? We have "decks" more out here but I have always wanted a porch with a swing. Of course, right now what I need is a porch with an exercise bike or treadmill :^: Do you still use your gazelle?

I am actually looking forward to my next "weigh in". ;)

Everyone have a GLORIOUS day :flow1:

LaDean
02-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Hi esteban, hey your getting with your plan. i like the atkins best for me. i learn to eat protein and not as hungry now. these last 2 weeks have been good. i had to get with it again. i think with all plans we get off but we do no how to get back with our plans. so that is what is so great. I never got a walk in today. got dark on me. i just do not go out after dark alone. even though just in neighborhood. so at least got my 2 miles in today. tomorrow will tell the truth. ha ha i am excited about it my kops shower and all. so neat and having finger foods. some good ones to. ha ha sunday its celebrate grandsons birthday which is monday. so a fun day. i can h ardly wait. grandbabies are fun. there soon to be 6 and 7 but have not told me yet hey grandma were not babies. so i love it. ha ha oh there fun. have a great day tomorrow all. LaDean

ledom
02-11-2005, 08:17 AM
Morning-

judi, I forgot to welcome Nala to our little family here. Sound like she is very lucky indeed to have been rescued by you. What does Estaban think of her? Our little cat family is humming along. Buster, the newest addition, is the strangest cat I have ever owned. He's a house cat with a "wild" demeanor. He will not be picked up unless he is too sleepy to run away. He is very beautiful. My friend was over here and after a stare down with him she said she now understood where the word catatonic came from. Because he does this motionless stare, unless he senses you're about to invade his space and then he high tails it. He kept reminding me of a cartoon cat that I had seen but don't see regularly as my paper doesn't carry that cartoon. I finally tracked it down, it is "Get Fuzzy" and he looks just like Bucky the cat. He puts his ears back like that and his coloring is the same. Anyway now Buster gets called Bucky half the time. I guess I prefer friendly cats, but DD adores him, so much so that I told her she could take him when she gets her own place. We'll see. And speaking of DD's own place, she is looking for an apartment.

I have finally strung together 2 successful diet days. I am encouraged.

LaDean
02-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Ledom. your cat sounds so neat . i sure miss my dog. dick said get a cat i said no if i get another boston bull terrier. ha ha I am glad your 2 days are great. just keep it up. my week went good. still in leeway. so i want to get under goal. so going for it. this day was not good as i had my Kops shower at club. it was nice. finger foods and ate to much. oh well back to it rest of day now. hope aleka and judi your days are going good to. have a nice weekend all. LaDean

LaDean
02-12-2005, 02:55 PM
SATURDAY MORNING HI TO ALL OF YOU.
Well this day started out good. stepped on the scales and down some from yesterday. my shower and all. i am so happy. as i ate. ha but that was for the day. as was good rest of it. got rain this morning. but i got a good jacket so i will be out in it later. do not mind walking it it. so thankful i get to be out year round with exercise. I went to fitday and keeping track again. then i know. went to library yesterday had been awhile and got some books and so a change. ha nothing like laying in front of fire place we have a wood stove insert . but so comfy to lay there and read. ha that kind of day. we have a birthday party today and tomorrow. but i am going to be a good girl. ha well heres hoping the 3 of you have a great day and weekend. i plan to. LaDean

Bannod
02-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Just poking my head in to say hi!

(waving at ledom!)

LaDean
02-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Welcome nice to meet you. come in often.. i have had a good day. played and had fun at grandsons birthday party. they had pizza and cake. i was a good girl to. enjoyed but never over did like i could have. ha i got lots of neat pictures. he will be 6 tomorrow so we had it today. then i got my gift for mine which will be saturday. so there going to coast for his birthday he wanted that. so knew they would be gone. so got a real cute gift. shes so very crafty so she fixed a basket with lots of things in it. had a mouse pad for one with the grandbabies and ace the beagle on it. so cute. love it. so i had a gift to. ha so home now and getting ready to get in pj's and all comfy. just got in from my 2 mile walk. will ride ex bike later. trying to ride it. and not let it just sit here. ha so now time to be comfy. got me some more yarn to finishe my couch throw i am doing. then i want to read some tonite. get by the fire and it is so comfy and i love it. is so nice out this afternoon. getting cooler now though. walk felt good. Oh i hope all of you had a great day to. LaDean

ledom
02-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Morning friends. Hey Bannod - can't you pull up a chair and sit a spell, let us know what's up with you? For those of you that haven't met her, she is the one that alerted us (me anyway) to PMD at the millennium! And I actually met her in person when she lived down south here.

All is well here. I had a good weekend as far as diet and exercise go. Finally found my groove again I think. Plans to make good on my goal for the rest of the school year are in the forefront of my mind. judi I think you asked about my sabbatical. It is for the fall. That means when school is out in the spring I don't have to go back to work again 'til mid-January. I get paid too! Plans include putting together a new show of photographs, trips to New Mexico to attend a conference and workshops, etc. I figure this is my opportunity to concentrate on weightloss as well.

Happy Birthday Week LaDeann. Hope all of you have a wonderful week.

Oh yeah, DD found an apartment and will be moving March 3.

LaDean
02-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Ledom. thanks so much. got my gift from kids yesterday and grandbabies. there going to coast this weekend. so got a cute basket all fixed up with cute things. then had a fun day celebrating grandsons as its today. had pizza and cake and i never over did. so was proud of me. got lots of cute pictures. ha so a fun day. glad your plan is going so good. its always good feeling when we get our plan and get it into action and helps. glad you d found a apt. that is nice. your trips sound so fun and know they all are.

aleka, judi and brannod have a great day all of you..

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL. ENJOY AND HAVE A FUN SPECIAL DAY...... LaDean

esteban
02-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Hey, Bannod!!! I remember you!! How are you??

LaDean I love reading your posts! You are always so positive and an inspiration. I say get a cat & another Boston. ;)

Both our cats are like your guy, Ledom...they run away... but then come around to try to get picked up. I can understand Nala but the other one we have had him since he was a baby. so he should not be afraid, but he was a feral kitten ???..both are real purrers, especially Nala and they both talk a lot which I like. Nala seems to be queening it over the original cat. They are interested in each other.

Well, today was weigh day 2.5 lbs. this week making it a total of 8 pounds gone for the 2 weeks. What I like best is that I am FREE from cravings, so it is not hard to do this. PTL!

Did you girls ever see this recipe for a "Mock Danish"? It is on the Atkins site under Low Carb Recipes. I am eating it now. It is unbelievebly GOOD!!

MOCK DANISH
2 oz. cream cheese (soften in mircrowave)
1 egg
1 Tbl. Splenda
1 tsp. lemon concentrate (I used juice)
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix softened cream cheese and add egg. Add remaining ingredients. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

It is 4 g. of Carb and 167.76 calories. It is SOOO yummy!! Try it if you are missing your sugary white flour danish...you will love it. You can even plop a bit of SF jam on it. :D

Hi Alice.

Happy Valentine's Day :love:

esteban
02-14-2005, 03:53 PM
everyone that esteban is judi!

I just started posting when you were posting on PMD Bannod.

I don't know what I did wth my (other identity??) other sign on...

LaDean
02-14-2005, 04:25 PM
estenban,,, I like cats. but so many in our area now. i can just handle one pet. ha but so far no luck with that. ha oh well when time is meant to be it will be. thanks for your kind words. i have before been so negative. so i try to think more postive even with my eating and all. i am so glad the atkins is working so good for you to. i love it. hey that receipe sounds good. will have to give it a try.. easy and i like that. all of your cats sound so neat. they have there personalities for sure.

have a good day to all. LaDean

aleka
02-15-2005, 12:24 PM
YAY judi!!!! You're doing fabulous. :cheer: Thank you for sharing the Mock Danish recipe. That looks delicious. I think I'll give it a try. It's been so long since I've had a danish I've forgotten what one tastes like.

LaDean, I'm all for you getting another Boston.:D It sounds like you had a great time with your grandkids over the weekend. Congratulations on the scale moving in the right direction.:cp: You and judi are doing great on Atkins.

Hey ledom,

Have a good day everyone.

LaDean
02-15-2005, 12:42 PM
Aleka, yes i want another one so bad. but time will tell. i did online last nite find some closer. like portland and salem area.and are born and ready to give away in march. but there $550 a little steep for us. but will see. i really do not want a pup. so going to look around and see. if something comes up it will. ha ha then i think oh well just have memories of tuffy they keep me going. at our age and all. see we are retired. but oh there so cute and i see lacee on here each morning and say oh got to have one. ha ha Yes i am so happy with my plan. and glad judi your doing good with it to. and aleka you and ledom glad your plans are doing it for you to. I wish all of you a great day. got to get on exbike here soon. and is cold and really frosty out all is white. but sun is peaking through. i am ready for garden and flower time. ha LaDean

esteban
02-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the encouragement LaDean and Alice. I do think low carb eating is for me even though it is the very last diet I tried. I could not imagine not eating lots of carbs before but little did I understand that eating carbs are what creates the desire to eat even more carbs. I almost cannot believe how free from cravings eating low carb is. I am staying on induction longer than the two weeks because I have so much to lose. Plus with the introduction of more carbs also cravings can come along with packagae and then WILL POWER will have to go into play...which the past has shown is not exactly my strong suit. It is just easier to stay where I am.

Yes, Bostons cost and arm and leg out here too. Especially here since there are so few breeders. They are such loveable little dogs...worth all those many pennies and then some.

I am enjoying our cats immensely.

I made that Mock Danish for my DH and a friend and they both loved it. My friend is doing WW and is 1 pound away from goal (so she was concerned with all the fat in it) but thought it was very good.

I just received in the mail this morning a very intriguing book "Grandmother's Secrets the Ancient Rutals and Healing Power of Belly Dancing"...I wished I had started this after I had my D (27 years ago)...instead of waiting until I was 54 (I get the feeling people must think it is scary that I am trying to do it :lol: oh well, they don't have to worry it is not like I am going to grab a veil and suddenly begin dancing for them :lol: ... it is mainly the DH and my D)

Tonight I begin a garden course...it is English Country Gardening. It is sunny here today but so cold it seems to put the possiblity of gardening at all quite far away.)

Must go and chug all those glasses of water...

LaDean
02-15-2005, 08:46 PM
Esteben, hey i know its worth all the pennies for one. but i do not want to give that for one. i do not want a pup either. want it to be like 1-2 years old. yes i know your enjoying the cats. i like cats to. there so rare here to breeders is why is so spendy. but someday maybe who knows. just take it one day at a time. think of tuffy with a memory each day. we may start going some this summer to and so is good to not have pets to worry about and all. we have not got to enjoy our retirement yet. so hopefully. so happy this plan is working for you. i know i am surprised how i am not craving anymore like i was. i did have 2 slices of bread for lunch. but that is my carbs. i can now add. but still watching it as i do not want to gain. i want to start losing some more. i stayed on introduction to till i got to goal. and then started adding carbs and even tho the lower ones gained tiny bit. so that told me cut down. so i am trying to find the amt for me.. when i can get this goal where i can keep it and all. then i want to go down 20 more lbs. taking it step at a time. but this is my plan for life. keep it up.

good luck this week to all. love working at losing with you. helps me so very much to be able to come in here and not only share our plans but our little kids lifes to. oh its great. thanks to all of you. LaDean

Bannod
02-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi Kids!

Judi! I remember you, too! :wave:

There have been many, many changes in my life. Divorce, new state, new job, weight loss, another new state and another new job, new boyfriend and his 15-year-old son, 5 cats, 2 dogs, weight gain, hair falling out, finding out my thyroid took a dive. Yeeesh...

Now I need inspiration and motivation to get back on track.

LaDean
02-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi, hey you got it here. just come in often and we have it to give. plus we get encouragement and all from you being here to. so come often.. nice to meet you. i have reached goal and so happy with it. but have a time getting my carbs for me. i am on atkins plan. doing great on it have loss 38 lbs. got 7 more i want to lose to stay below goal. I also am in TOPS have you heard of that group?? anyhows you will get with it again and lose.as if we have loss before we know how to do it. and to move forward and start doing it again is great. good for you. this is a first step coming in and sharing. so have a good day.

Aleka, Esteben, and Ledom. hope your day is going good. mine is scales are still looking good and its wednesday so that makes my day. at midnite last nite i rode exercise bike 2 more miles. total of 4 yesterday on it. so i felt so good. never got a walk in so had to make up for that. but trying to double up on exercise. its helping. trying to leave out fruit right now to cept the berries there lower. so its all getting with it and being good. ha i had started adding carbs like breads and then got into the sweets. so got to get away now before anymore gains. ha so have a great day to all of you..i am trying also to get into some projects and stay busy around here. that helps me alot. so good day to all. LaDean

aleka
02-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Good morning,

Bannod, I think you had left the PMD thread by the time I started posting. It's a pleasure to meet you.

LaDean, that is fantastic doing 2 miles on your exercise bike at midnight. Good for you! I know what you mean about not wanting to have a dog if you're going to start traveling. Boarding Lacee and/or putting her on a plane is not an option so we usually drive everywhere and take her with us. It sort of limits where you want to go and what you do. Luckily when we came to FL to visit my ILs, they would take care of her while we were out and about. When we had our last Boston, Shamrock, my Dad was alive and he took care of her while we went on trips. If you do wish to get another Boston, and you don't want a puppy, do a search on the computer for any Boston rescue organizations. A very Happy Birthday to you on Sat. :hb:

judi, have you tried making pancakes with cream cheese? They really are good. They have a lot of good low carb recipes on this website. I enjoy a low carb meal once in a while.

Hey ledom, how are things going with you?

Take care and have a great weekend.

ledom
02-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Morning. I am doing good, just having a busy week. I also haven't been sleeping well for some reason.

Bannod, sounds like lots of changes in your life. I hope you are getting your health under control now.

judi, you're doing a great job. I am glad you have found a plan that your really really like.

Alice, how's your walking going?

LaDean you're walking and biking are going to get you where you want to be!

LaDean
02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Aleka, thanks so much for the birthday wish. yes for now i think i am putting another one out of mind. i love to go. and now we can for awhile. so taking this into prospect now i think. as at our ages we need to enjoy one another. we had tuffy for 12 fun years and loved every minute of it. so now we need to enjoy and do other things i think at our ages especially. so for now that is the plan. I love this type of dog so much so will get another one if we find one that comes up. but just playing it in field now for awhile. but i think different some days. its like oh i need one of thsoe little fellows running after me. then i think of fun time and memories. so that is meant to be for now. so happy when i come on and chat here and see lacee. that helps alot. shes so cute. I am having a ok week. had to buckle down some. that makes it so nice to have someone to watch them yes. so hope you get to go some when inlaws are there and all. hows your walking? still with it??

Ledom. thanks to you and the others to. glad we all pretty much have our plans. sure makes a difference. i have been snitching into the chips. got to get out of them. ha well hey have a great day all of you. i have to tomorrow face the scales. ha ha LaDean

esteban
02-17-2005, 06:06 PM
WoW! Bannod that is a LOT of change. Well, good for you...I am glad you are back. What plan did you lose weight on?

LaDean at what carb level did you find you could eat and lose weight at??

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping so well Ledom. You are going to enjoy your sabbatical so much. I can't wait myself for you to be on it :D

Alice, I haven't looked yet at the recipes. I did have pancakes with lemon and cottage cheese once in a restaurant. They were good. I bet the DH would love them if I made them.

Went to my gardening class, it was so highly idealistic it just made me discouraged and wished I lived in a condo with a balconey instead of a house with 1/2 yard. Just one more class to get thru....

I bought a belly dancing DVD with Rainia (sp.) it has an intense 10 min. segment for each day...well, for 5 days. It will be a long while before what I do even remotely looks like what she is doing :( I like the music to it though. I found the DVD on Amazon.com.

ledom
02-18-2005, 08:45 AM
judi-I have been such a bleary poster this week. I think your belly dancing and gardening class sound fun. On peoples reticence about your belly dancing, well I know that feeling. I think people felt the same way about me when I started kayaking - it's good to break out of the mold. It keeps you young to learn new things. Is your gardening class really so bad? Just try to take the parts that can apply to you. I think it sounds delightful - my thoughts are turning to flower gardening as spring approaches. Kind of a sad thing - I have the sweetest formal herb garden in my back yard. It is small but it has given me such joy. (I love formal gardens by the way.) I guess I planted it about 7 years ago. It is four, four foot squares w/ 1 foot paths dividing them. I planted thyme on the edges and a rosemary in the center. I planted 2 varieties of rosemary and it looks like one variety is dying. Rosemary plants do just wear out and die. Now the delimma, do I dig out the other two so I can start over again? They are beautiful still. This little garden has been such a joy to me. It sits next to the patio and when I have company I swish those rosemary plants and we have a wonderful aromatherapy to enjoy.

On the subject of pets, check out this daily blog http://www.textism.com/oliver/daily/
I found it yesterday and have been mesmerized - eventually I'll get through the entire back log of images. The dog is great, but the environment around him is stunning.

esteban
02-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Ledom, yes that is a good picture!

I like a formal garden too. It won't work with my yard because we are part of a forest/woodland setting, so for me the English country garden is best. I have to get plants that do well in the semi shade. Yes, I shouldn't be discouraged...I feel a bit better about it today, I am just going to focus on a bit of land that I really haven't done much with, because it is a hill with bad soil. I think I will plant more rhodos on it. I just have to do a bit at a time and not get overwhelmed by the task at hand sort of like the weight loss.

I have rosemary in my garden too. It is a plant I like but mine is looking pretty scraggly right now.

Atkins is going well. I always thought I would be SO unsuitable to this diet, well sometimes we can surprise ourselves, eh?

LaDean
02-18-2005, 04:39 PM
glad the atkins is doing good for you and you like it. i think when we like our plans they work better for us. i find that with me anyhows. i love the atkins plan a life time plan for me. i got off fruit this week and helped me. now got to plant me some blue berries and eat them. ha berries are lower. i had a good week. the scales went down hafe a lb. so still in leeway and looking better. getting closer to that goal and i want to get below it. i will. just taking it slow.

Aleka, hope your day is going good and lacees to. i showed her to hubby on here today. i got a bird feeder from my tops secret pal today. so told hubby guess the birds will be our pets now for awhile. ha so hanging it out front so i can watch it from window. ha i like watching the birds and seeing different ones. so will be fun. You have a great day

Ledom. have a good day. and also bannod.

TO ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.... i am eating out tomorrow birthday but i will be good. ha ha

LaDean
02-21-2005, 02:26 AM
Hi all, i had a great birthday and a good day.we ate out and i never over did. was a turkey dinner and for a good cause at our elks club. they had cake so had my birthday cake and just the one slice so that worked out to. so i felt good. so thanks for your birthday wishes. friends like you are the greatest... all in all a great day today sunday to. did have some carbs that were not on my list. but allowed for them. so all in all a good one. never got exercise in last couple days. so back with that tomorrow. so hope all of you have a great day..LaDean

ledom
02-21-2005, 08:24 AM
LaDean - happy belated Birthday. I meant to send you wishes yesterday but it slipped my mind. I am glad you had a good day.

LaDean
02-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Ledom. that is ok. i did have a great birthday. especially when grandbabies called and wish me a happy one. the grandson even sang happy birthday. hes 6 and loves to sing. so all in all another year i am thankful to face. ha My friends online are the greatest... thanks.

just rode exercise bike 2 miles. been slacking this exercise. so today back to my regular carbs. got off. ha I hope your day and the others will be a good one.. i am ready to get with my plan and be good again and not get off it. it starts to creaping the wt up and i got to stop that and not let it happen. LaDean

esteban
02-22-2005, 02:47 PM
LaDean sounds like your birthday was wonderful. SO cute about your grandson singing to you. I am going to visit my D and grandson tomorrow and am looking forward to it very much. He is tall for a 1 year old my DH is 6'5" so he probably takes after him.

Well, today is 3 weeks since I began Atkins. I have lost 10 pounds in total. PTL for the that! I ordered a couple of boxes of Atkins bars, the mint patties and the coconut bars. I love them..and most of the choc. bars are only 2 carbs too.

LaDean how many carbs can you eat and still lose weight?

Hi miss Alice and miss Ledom ;) Hope you are both doing well.

LaDean
02-22-2005, 03:16 PM
Esteban, oh glad you get to see grandson. there so precious. and grow up so fast. mine are 6 and 7. gee so fast. I still call them grandbabies and so far no remark against it from them. so will do it. ha ha yes i just wish i had a recorder on to record it. Yes had a good birthday. all are good just to see another new year i am so very thankful for. so glad the atkins is working for you. Congratulations on your loss. i am having some gaining now. since i started adding. darn. but i did on birthday sneak some carbs in. so no more this week. i have not set an amt yet. did go to 6o then gained. so back to lower. this week i am trying to keep it at 45 and think that is where it will be for awhile. i do not want to go back to introduction as i need to start adding. so going to stick with the 45 now. oh good to hear those bars are good. my friend is getting me some. there called Pria she liked them real well so i said i will to then. so anxious to get them and try them. i am holding my own but want to lose little bit more and keep it there and garden season i want to go down 20 more lbs. so just seeing how i do at this goal and getting carbs together. ha are you still on introduction??? how many are y ou having??? some on the other boards i go into keep them at 60. i just read some in book and it said if you set them like 80 go 90 for a day and 70 for a day and back and forth like that. so sound good. i jsut got back on chips some and sweets and it will get the gains up. ha so off them and being good with it. birthdays only come once a year and i intend to enjoy them. i just rode exercise bike couple miles. i like to do it daily. then i walk. its so nice and sunny may get out on d bike and ride it around. have a great day.

Hey girls where are you????????? come back in your missed so much..... have a great day.....LaDean

esteban
02-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Hi LaDean! I spent the day with my daughter and grandson...it was wonderful.

I am trying to keep around 20 grams since I have only been on it for 3 weeks. Today I was up to 30.5 because I had a whole cup of fresh raspberries...a cup was 14.4 grams of carb. My favourite fruit and they were magnificent, first of the season from somewhere. THey also were the first fruits I had in 3 weeks!!! They tasted especially good. I hope they won't mess up the weight loss. I don't plan to have any more. Yes, I have been reading a bit about dieting like that...low carb, then higher carb and then back to low carb...it is called anobolic dieting...you go 12 days on low carb then 12 on around 48 carbs. I would not do it because I think going off on a higher carb thing would make getting back under 20 carbs too hard for me.

Hi Alice and Ledom!!

LaDean
02-24-2005, 12:50 PM
yes you need to start adding to the carbs. like go 5 more carbs at a time. also are you doing net carbs. that is take fiber from the carbs and that is the amt. i had to learn that and now not so many carbs. you should not gain. i started adding to many i think. going to read up some more in book and all. have to study it for sure. ha ha but i am at goal and its going slower now i know. but i want to get under my goal and then by garden season want to take 20 lbs more off. your doing great. i know i am so hungry for fruit. so getting me the berries there the lowest carbs.

alice and Ledom Hi. and also lacee. give her a pat for me today...

LaDean
02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
WHERE ARE YOU ??????? MISSING YOU.......
today at tops was good. i am still same spot. i got to get down for sure this week. see i am not in trouble. but this is going to far just sitting here. ha ha so this week got to set an amt of carbs and stick with it. i think this is what is going wrong. i have to get this body adjusted to so many. so going for it..

esteban.,,,, hey i think i will go 30 and see how that goes. carbs a day. then give it awhile. says to up 5 and go from there. so got to get with something again.ha doing good but just sneaking those darn little carbs in and there NO NO's. ha good luck to you have a great day....

Aleka and Ledom..... oh where are you 2 at. having fun i bet..... come in we miss you... but hope all is ok... hey lacee i am sending you a big kisssssssss. i miss tuffys so much. have a great weekend all of you. LaDean

ledom
02-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Hey girls. I feel myself formulating a new plan. I am in a rut and need to shake things up. I have been hanging out at this website some.

http://www.healingdaily.com/juicing-for-health.htm

I also read a heart healthy diet in the Sunday magazine that comes on Sat. w/ our local newspaper. The one w/ Alley Kirstie on the front, USA Weekend. I am trying it out today anyway and see what I think.

LaDean
02-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Ledom, good for you. i believe in changing eating plans every so often. do not get in a rut with one that way. so sounds interesting. thanks for sharing the site. the one in paper sounds interesting to. good luck to you... i have decided this week to set an amt of carbs and go for it. trying to get my most carbs at breakfast if i have them.. so starting today being strick. last weekend added to many birthday and all. oh well only comes once a year. have a good day.

Estban, Aleka good luck and have a great day also.

IF WE WANT SOMETHING BAD ENOUGH. WE WILL WORK FOR IT AND GET IT. LaDean

esteban
03-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Today it is a month that I have been Atkins and I have lost 10 1/2 pounds. It encourages me to keep going.

LaDean, yes, I think I will try adding a bit more carbs. I talked to someone who has lost a lot of weight on Atkins and they said if you do under 20 carbs a day you can slow up your weight loss. Two people who lost 40 or more that I talked to both said they had way more veg. than Atkins says and they lost weight fine, but they took the veg. of the low glycemic index (no ptotatoes, carrots etc.) How are you doing on 30 carbs??

Ledom, it is good to try to formulate a new program...I was going to give up totally before I tried Atkins which was old to most people but toally new to me.

I discovered a bakery that makes low carb bread :D and it is good! It is 4.5 a slice so I have to careful with it and I don't want to get back into eating bread again (one of my trigger foods). It is expensive too...it is almost $6 a loaf. I found a great Low Carb store in North Vancouver with a wonderful and helpful girl working there.

I am going to spend the day washing & ironing (I have no idea how just TWO people create these mounds of laundry) and I got the entire Ken Burns series on the Civil War and am going to watch that and iron.

Hi Alice and Lacee!!

I feel hyped :dancer:

ledom
03-01-2005, 05:31 PM
judi - I am so happy for you. Really happy - you are doing great.

I rented Vanity Fair last weekend and LOVED it! I watched it twice and can't wait until DD has time to watch it again with me. It is the prettiest film, the second time I watched it it was with the director's comments which I enjoyed.

Yes, I just have had the hardest last couple of weeks. It's the old ledom, like from 5 years ago when I just didn't care. I have decided to do a detox diet. Getting all, caffeine, wheat, dairy, out of my system in preparation for a juice fast. I am going to detox for 2 weeks and then if I still feel the same way I am going to buy a good juicer and do a 3 day juice fast. I guess it seems extreme, I have never done anything like this before and I want to give it a shot. Just to get my attention I guess. Anyway, I have laid in my groceries and am suffering my first caffeine withdrawal headache so I guess I am on my way.

aleka
03-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Good afternoon,

judi, I also am very happy for you that you have found something that works and that you found something you enjoy doing. Congratulations on your weight loss. :high: You really are doing great.

ledom, best of luck with your detox diet. That is something I don't think I could do.

Hi LaDean.

LaDean
03-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone, the day so far is going good. got to walk yet and all. plan is going good. but i am over th e cliff i call it. i got to get down. aleka glad your back. have missed you. glad your plans are going good ledom and judi. yes detox i have tryed and its hard. but glad all is going good for all of you. LaDean

esteban
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi! It is SO nice to hear from the whole group!

How is Detox going, Ledom? It is a good way to get wheat and caffeine out of the system quick. That is for sure...if you can survive the withdrawl symptons you will be able to handle anything. Very best wishes to you!

I am doing OK. Yesterday I watched an Atkins DVD and it was very motivational. You know what he said.. if you crave something sweet...it is because your body needs something FAT...so the best way to beat a sweet craving is to eat something fat, like heavy cream with a flavoured syrup or something. A sugar free syrup of course. Interesting eh? He also said that cravings for sweet things is often because of a lack of Chromium in the diet. I know in the 80's I used to have severe leg pains and aches (& I was at a fairly normal wieght for much of the 80's...so it wasn't the wieght) and I began taking chromium and it totally got rid of the leg aches and pains. I take it still but on a more or less hit and miss basis but I am going to take it now consistently to keep cravings under control.

We are experiencing GLORIOUS weather here in B.C. !!!

ledom
03-04-2005, 08:28 AM
Good morning. Well, I seem to have weathered the worse from my caffeine withdrawal. It really was much better by the second day and on day 3 I felt fine. I have been eating a lot of rice cakes and hummus, smoothies w/ rice milk, lentils, fresh squeezed orange juice. Blood orange at that, blood oranges are such a treat and hard to find and yet the local grocery has tons of them and just marked them down to 4 lbs. for a dollar - unheard of but I am taking advantage. I haven't exercised in a week and a half but this a.m. I forced myself out of the bed with the thought of not wanting to go back to my fat jeans. Still got to get down to the basement and do it but I will.

DD moved into her new apartment yesterday and seems thrilled with it. It's a huge relief for me, after a certain age, and she just turned 21, they don't thrive at home anymore - at least she wasn't.

Have a good day all.

aleka
03-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Good morning,

I have been reading the Sugar Busters book and a companion book, which outlines the plan better than the diet book. :?: I am seriously thinking of giving it a try. Judi, it's on the same idea as Atkins, getting sugar and anything white out of your diet, but you are able to have carbs like sweet potatoes, certain breads that don't contain any sugar, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, that sort of thing. You can have most fruits except for watermelon, bananas, and pineapple. What I like best about this, you don't have to count anything. I have had enough of that.

ledom, I've heard of blood oranges, but never had one. Do they have a different taste than regular oranges? I've also been lax in the exercise dept., and the scale hasn't moved. I have to get my rear in gear also and get back to exercising.

judi, you're doing great on Atkins. I am happy that you're so pumped about it.

Have a great day ladies.

ledom
03-04-2005, 10:46 AM
Alice, blood oranges taste pretty much like a navel orange, maybe a bit more tangy. Their joy is the color. They are rather small and the orange juice I get from them is, well, the color of blood.

This detox diet is a revelation. And I'll say it isn't a weightloss diet yet because I still have my tape worm. But I am eating fruits, vegetables, rice, beans, nuts, a little fish. That's it. No sugar, no flour, no dairy, no eggs, no oats or any type of grain other than rice. I can't say it is comfortable all the time but it is sure getting me out of my rut. Of course I keep having the thought that I don't have to do it, I can stop anytime I want, but I really think seeing it through for 2 weeks is a cleansing that I need right now as well as an exercise in discipline which I also need. In my mind I am seeing that I am eating a lot and I am trying to gently nudge myself towards more vegetables and less of the higher calorie fruits and rice products.

I think I have found the juicer I want to buy. It is $100 and has a 6 year warranty, it won't break the bank like the premium juicers I have been seeing, but on the other hand I think it will work better and last longer than the cheaper ones at WalMart. I need to get it ordered. I want to follow my detox diet w/ a juice fast, maybe the first 3 days of Spring Break when there are not a lot of demands on me. Then I think I'll add back a few things, like poultry, but slowly. I am starting to enjoy the food preparation of this rawer food and that is good too.

Alice, I can't say what you are looking at w/ Sugar Busters is the same but there are similarities. Getting rid of sugar and flour is something as they are so ubiquitous in our normal daily fare.

esteban
03-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I must have missed a post or two....when and how did you get a tapeworm Ledom? Why can't you get rid of it?

Not long now until your sabbatical :D That will be wonderful, won't it!

The new diet sounds healthy that is for sure, Alice.

Blood oranges are good aren't they? We never see them up here...the first time I saw one was on a holiday in Spain and I thought what is wrong with this orange??? They are pretty too.

Tomorrow is weigh day and the scale hasn't budged but I am down a whole size...I know they say in Atkins NOT to be weighing yourself everyday but you know old habits are hard to break.

The m on my computer isn't working very well so if there are any missing please excuse it.

Hi LaDean!

I have been exercising every 2 day but I think I have to step it up to at least 6 out of 7 days. In my exercise session I try to do at least 5000 steps either walking or treadilling. My poor dog starts to drag at about 4500 steps....we BOTH have been sitting on the couch too long. The day before yesterday I bought him a rain coat...we are not going to let rain keep us from a walk...my lack of energy in the past means I haven't done right by him in the exercise dept....though he is kind of a lazy fellow. He never shows more enthusiam then when I say "come on Marley, let's go for a nap."

The birds have come back to our part of the woods. It is so nice to hear them again. It means springs is really here. Hey, maybe this global warming thing might work out ok for me...maybe my lilacs will finally bloom! ????

ledom
03-07-2005, 07:19 PM
judi - LOL, no not a REAL tapeworm. That is a way of saying I have an enormous appetite! God, I wish I knew how I got it and how to get rid of it.

I had a bird happening in my backyard this weekend. A flock of cedar waxwings flew through. They aren't that common around here. There was a huge flock of them and maybe 20 in the birdbath at once. It made my jaw drop!

LaDean
03-08-2005, 02:26 AM
oh how funny. i say that same thing.ha i love birds. we had a different one come in this year. had not seen it before. but hubby does not like them around garden time. ha so nice and sunny here just like summer. suppose to be 72 tomorrow cannot believe it. we are getting the yard work done. tomorrow going to plow up this one flower bed and put some more dalias in it. i have alot in there i jsut leave in. I walked today and did 300 on my cardio glider. got it on patio. figured better start using it these nice days. felt good. then i did few sit ups for my middle. so a good day. eating was good to.

I hope all of you have a good tomorrow. still no baby. i am looking. ha ha when the time comes i will find one.

esteban
03-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Weigh day today and STILL the same :mad: :mad:

Ledom, Oh! I am glad you don't have a tapeworm. I thought I missed something. I hear ya about the appetite....I guess should be glad because it means we are alive and well and healthy.

Had a walk down by the beach yesterday...it was glorious, though I do notice that I get more steps in on the treadmill in an hour than I do walking in an hour. THe reg. walk though reaches more muscles though.

How do you like your cardio glider LaDean?

Getting any good nuggets of info. out of Sugar Busters, Alice? I probably should read that too.

Ledom, if you have time...can you make a "Spring Plan"? Less pages...but only if you have time otherwise this is ok.

I am watching the PBS Civil War series. American history is SO interesting. I would love to go visit some of the places mentioned and see museums etc. Have any of you been to the Civil War sites, graves and museums???

LaDean
03-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi, so glad all is going good your way. I love my cardio glider. i think it helps me in my middle more. i have a thing to do roll ups on to. but cannot get it to move.ha my arms i guess i need more strength. ha hubby does it good. so keep trying. ha i am having a time with this gaining. ha i am trying but guess its one of those things when we add mroe carbs. walking and getting exercise in. going to check on my calories today and see. need to keep track of them more and portions i think... so i will get with it again.

Aleka, hey hope the plan is going good and your walking to. give lacee a kiss for me. ha ha i miss them so very much. been on line with yahoo theres 2 boards i just found and i love them.. helps me so much. sharing with them. i plan to put pictures of tuffy on there in memory of him. still looking. so time will tell. when its meant to be i will have another one.

I wish all of you a great day. nice and sunny here in 70's love it.. wish it was garden time. we are getting yard work done. i think hes going over garden spot today. spraying and all. lots of weeds. but we love the yard work. good exercise... LaDean

molly5000
04-20-2005, 01:56 PM
On bariatricsweightloss.com (http://www.bariatricsweightloss.com/def_bar.html) there was an article comparing the different doctors offering weight loss treatments, Atkins, Surgery and the Bernstein Diet. Does anyone know of any other sites like this one that talk more about bariatric or medical approaches to weight loss? I trust doctors in this sort of thing and hope that I can pick the right specialist for me by doing more study. If any one has any good sites they recommend, please let me know!!!