100 lb. Club - Happy Valentine's Day Challenge!

View Full Version : Happy Valentine's Day Challenge!

Sheila53
12-21-2004, 07:28 PM
I read the posts and complied!

Got some sexy red undies you'd like to wear for your sweetie? Think about where in your weight loss journey you'd like to be by Valentine's Day and post it here. Your goal can be scale or non-scale oriented, and, in fact, it could be behavior oriented, or any darn thing you choose it to be.

I would like to be 175 by Valentine's Day. Frankly, I'm hoping things will start moving a bit faster after the holidays, but I need to embrace my turtle ways (weighs?) and choose my goal accordingly.

Good luck everyone!

Tammy32
12-21-2004, 09:54 PM
I think I want to do inches this time, but I have no idea what would be an appropriate amount to try for since I have not measured inches since I started losing weight. Can anyone clue me in?

Ivanna B. Skinny
12-21-2004, 10:56 PM
OK...Im going to be EXTREMLY optomistic and say that
:love: :love: I want to be at GOAL (170) on February 14th :love: :love: . It may be a little bit of a stretch, but I WILL resume my plan on Dec. 26, so that gives me about 7 weeks. Feb 14 will be (almost) my 1 year mark for starting...so Id really like to be there. After 170, I may try to keep going a little, but we'll have to see about that!

Fitbabe
12-21-2004, 11:03 PM
I'm with you in the slow lane Sheila! My goal is 165 for Feb 14th. It doesn't sound like much, but since it's been almost 2 months since I've lost anything, I think it's more than reasonable...

PamPSM644
12-21-2004, 11:03 PM
The only way I know inches is because I had to buy new bras recently.They must of heard my "Yippi" all over the store.I went from a 50 to a 42.A challange for Valentines Day.Ummmm.I currently weight 222,would 200 be to much?If I make it I get a little heart shaped box with 5 chocolates in it. OK, count me in. :love:

missaprylj
12-21-2004, 11:20 PM
Same goal as last year.... (that is NOT a good thing!:mad:) 215 on 2/15. It will be my seventeenth birthday.
My renewed motivation is I want to have a REAL prom dress this year and go dress shopping with my friends, and I have to have senior pictures this summer, and my sister is getting married in October. Plus, I am on the market for a treadmill and I feel like it will change a lot of things... :D

TMI? :lol: :lol: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

djs06
12-21-2004, 11:41 PM
turtle weighs... :lol:

I'm determined to make this one. 215 by 2/14 (hardee har). That shouldn't be too terrible, it's about 15 pounds. If I bust my butt I may even get to 210, which would be nice, but 215 sounds good for right now.

This one I'm REALLY holding myself accountable for, especially since I have a month off from school and nothing much to do!

Good luck, ladies and gent(s)! Make sure to check in :)

Universityprincess
12-22-2004, 03:37 AM
Okay, I'm going to do this. I don't want to disappoint myself so I want to lose 5 pounds by 2/14. :dancer:

dharmaspell
12-22-2004, 03:53 AM
I'm losing weight faster than I thought I would. So I'm going to be optimistic and say 310 by Feb 14.

Stepping Out
12-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the challenge Sheila :D

I'm going to TRY for 15 more pounds by Valentine's Day. I'm presently wheelchair bound with a broken ankle, but I'll be in a walking cast in a few weeks. I don't know how mobile I'll be (I've only had this thing since JUNE :( :dizzy: ), but I want to be up and moving, which should help my weight loss.

Wishing everyone success on their goals :sman:

amy_marti2000
12-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Ok, I'm in too. I going for 20 pounds, do you think that's too much. naw I hope not any way i'm at 270 so 250 by feb 14.

frenchiepolarbear
12-22-2004, 09:06 AM
Ok i'm in for Valentine'es day challenge.

Dana, i follow you on 15 pounds goal.

I should then be 280 for Feb 14,,,,,

tolose85
12-22-2004, 09:11 AM
I am hoping that after the holidays I can get out of this funk that I am in. My goal is to be at or near my original goal set for 140..... I'm IN!

Orangecupcakez
12-22-2004, 10:21 AM
I would like to lose about 15 lbs by Valentines Day. That would bring me under 300lbs!

mezmerize
12-22-2004, 11:26 AM
I'm going to try and lose 12 lbs. Which will take me to 199.

puff0518
12-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I think I'm going to try for 245 by 2/14. I'm currently between 252.75 and 256.75 (todays was four pounds less than yesterday, but I've had the stomach bug all last night -- ick!)

I don't think that's too much of a stretch -- only about ten pounds. But getting there and staying there, not going right back up again.... I would be happy :)

Cole63
12-22-2004, 02:28 PM
OK, I have to admit that I have been visisting the site and reading the threads for a couple months now. I have decided to join in on this challenge. My Valentine's Day goal will be 155 (a loss of 14 pounds) I have lost 6 pounds so far! I am doing weight watchers, so this should not be that hard. Wish me luck and good luck to all of you on this thread! :)

Jen
12-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Hey there Cole, welcome!!

I thought "oh no, not another challenge!" when I first saw this because I've done so badly on these in the past. However I think I really need to do this one and work hard at it because I'm just not losing as fast as I should be. It is my diet, it really is. I'm exercising pretty regularly and I know I am improving my strength and endurance but I'm not losing weight because I'm still eating terribly. So I've resolved that starting right after Xmas I'm going all out on improving my eating, I know where my weak spots are and I know I can do this!

So bring on the Valentine's Challenge! I want to be in onderland by then, ambitious yes but not out of the range of impossible if I exercise regularly and watch my diet like a hawk. It is about 7 1/2 weeks from now and I know if I really keep to my dr phil diet that I could achieve my goal.

Moniqua
12-22-2004, 03:55 PM
I haven't been on the boards for long, but I'm always in for a challenge.
My goal is going to be lose 10 lbs by Febuary 14.
:goodscale

Good luck everyone!!

Tammy32
12-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Ok, I'm making this a special challenge. I was going to do inches, but I changed my mind seeing that I can't figure out what a normal inches loss is.

I'm am dedicating my weight loss for this Challenge to Sarah. Sarah is so strong and has so much courage it can not be compared. I can't even put in words how brave she is. She has amazing strength and determination! If Sarah can battle Cancer, I can at least lose a few pounds. You truly do INSPIRE me Sarah.

So, I have calculated that I would like to lose 8-12 pounds. You have given me renewed faith in myself Sarah, and I thank you for that.

djs06
12-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Tammy, that is so sweet! WHat a nice idea. Sarah, I want to second that. You've given us all a heck of a lot of inspiration, and we love you for it (among many other things!) :grouphug:

seashell
12-22-2004, 09:30 PM
My birthday is on the 12th and valentines day is the 14th so since 13 is right in the middle of the 2 dates . . . Im shooting for 13 pounds gone by Valentines day, which puts me at 190. 190? Me? 190? Someone catch me when I faint!

Good luck everyone!

lessofsarahtolove
12-24-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm am dedicating my weight loss for this Challenge to Sarah.
Oh, Tammy. Now why'd you have to go and make me cry???? You and Dana, both -- you guys are too much. Now here's the thing: I am stronger because of your support. I feel like you're my little angels that I carry around with me, I really do. It sounds crazy, but you really do give me so much strength.

Now, as for this Valentines Day Challenge Bidness: YOU HAVE THIS LICKED!!! I have no doubt whatsoever that you're going to finish impressively, and I'm going to be back here on February 15 to applaud your successes. :high: I know this for a fact.

Alright, then, it's official: We're in it together. Now let's go out there and kick some ***. :yes: (Sorry for getting all NFL on you, but I FELT that! ;) )

Tammy32
12-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Yep, yep, we are ready for some real Smackdown!! Gonna work like ****, and we are both going to see some darn positive results for our effort. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, ok, I crack myself up, I am laughing and crying at the same time. Sometimes insanity is not so bad. ;) We are going to kick so much major *** these next couple of months!! You know why?? Cause Failure is not an option!! Not ever!! Man I am siked now. :)

Gypsydancer
12-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Ooh, I'm inspired by y'all! I'm going to join the challenge. My goal is 15 pounds, which would put me at 243. Woo-hoo!

SuchAPrettyFace
12-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm going to try & get back in my 22 jeans. :)

RosefromCali
12-29-2004, 09:30 PM
OK, I AM READY FOR THIS :dizzy:

http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10100;0;0;0/c/0/t/-108.5/k/2eda/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

:cool:
Rose from Cali

djs06
12-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Ooops... my name is mud. I didn't realize how much weight I'd gained and how close valentine's day is, so I'm going to have to call myself a new goal: 222 (instead of 215). That's put me back at my lowest 2004 weight and back to the drawing board. I'm a bit frustrated and annoyed with myself, but it's better to actually have the POSSIBILITY of making goal than to completely discrouage myself. Besides, this one's for Sarah, and I don't want to screw up :lol:

Tammy32
12-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Wow, I came back to read this thread again. I need to come back and read it frequently. It gave me some renewed motivation even though I am sick. Dana, I know how discouraging your gain has been for you. When I gained back 10 pounds I was pretty much disgusted with myself. To be honest I started thinking that being fat really was not so bad. Heck, more and more people are overweight and outnumber the "normal" people now. But, I figured out that that would be the easy way and we all know the easy was tends to be the wrong way of doing things. Being healthy is way more beneficial than conforming to the majority. We are not conformists here! We are unique and think for ourselves!! We only want the best for our bodies and will settle for nothing less for our health!! Woooo...We Rock!! I love that feeling when you get your motivation back. This challenge is so special for me and I will not let myself down this time or Sarah. I am way better than that! You know why? Cause I'm the best! And Dana so are you and everyone else here! And Sarah's just makes the top of the list for best cause her battle is to fight for her life. In a way we are also fighting for our lives. If some of us don't lose this weight we are going to cut our lives short when we had every opportunity to change that fact. Do you want that for your family and loved ones? I know I don't want that. Just the simple facts. No beating around the bush. Hehe..Ok, I am done. Stay with it Dana you are going to suceed :)

djs06
12-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Tammy, thank you so much for posting that. I think I should print it and tape (or find some way to permanently glue it) it to my refridgerator door. :) You're a good pep talker.

Cole63
12-30-2004, 06:55 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 2005!It will be time to crack down and start losing some pounds next week :)

CassandraA
12-31-2004, 05:32 AM
But I'll take this challenge anyway. My goal is going to be 278 (3lbs a week/50lbs total).

Cole63
01-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Welcome, CassandraA. The best person that you can do this for is yourself, imagine how much better you will feel at 278. Besides, you have all of us as your support system!

I hope that everyone had a happy and safe New Year's. I went off track a bit too much and feel like a pig, but today I am back on track and ready to tackle this challenge! :D

barbygirl43
01-03-2005, 12:53 PM
I had already set a personal goal to be at 240 by Valentine's Day. Although I don't see myself realistically losing almost 4 pounds a week to get there, I'm sure going to try my hardest. If I get below 252 I'll be happy, happy. That is the weight I weighed back in 1996 when I went in for my yearly in March. I made the people weigh me twice because there was no way I was that fat. (I stayed between 220-230 for years and years).

JennasMom
01-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Well I am back here after taking over a 2 month break. What a dumb thing to do that was!

Anyway... my V-day goal is to lose 14 lbs by 2/14.

barbygirl43
01-10-2005, 05:01 PM
I decided to modify my goal since their is no way I see myself losing 20 pounds in just over a month. I set a more realistic goal of 250. If I can get below that, at least my weight won't be off the chart on fitday anymore. :)

JennasMom
01-22-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm halfway to my Valentine's Day goal. I hope I make it!

How is everyone else doing?

barbygirl43
01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
That's awesome Lindy. I'm sure you'll make it.
I'm down a couple of pounds. Hopefully I'll get my butt in gear this week and my bloating from TOM will leave me and I can at least get below 255 if I don't make it all the way.*

Br00klyn
01-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Alright, well I wasn't going to join the Valentines Challenge as I'm jumpin' in very late but I really want just that extra lil' somethin' to keep me motivated, so here I am.

As of Wednesday, I was at 251 - my goal is to get back to 245lb. That's 6 lbs. in 3 weeks and I KNOW I can do it. Before I got off plan, I was 243 lbs. and I need to get back there really quickly. :)

So count me in... If you all don't mind! ;)

Gypsydancer
01-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Welcome to the challenge, Celina! 3 weeks is a long time--you can do it!

I am proud to post that I met my challenge and as of Sunday 1/23, I weight 243! 15 pounds gone forever!

:cb: :cp: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :cp: :cb:

Ivanna B. Skinny
02-07-2005, 08:46 PM
BUMP!!

We've got 1 week ladies and gents! I wont make my V day goal , but I dont care...at least I've started again!!

barbygirl43
02-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Unless I can pull of an 8 pound loss this week, I won't make it either but at least I'm out of the 260s finally and moving back down. :)

barbygirl43
02-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I missed my challenge by 4.5 pounds but I'm not going to complain or anything. Because even if I didn't make it down to 250

I have managed to get in my exercise every day since January 25
I've upped my water intake to near 120 oz. daily
I'm getting up early every morning to make time for exercise (can't say I'm doing it without grumbling though)
I feel tons better than I did a couple of months ago
Finally, my 257-263 plateau is finally broken!!!!!

so when's the next challenge?

Gypsydancer
02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Dawn!

togger
02-14-2005, 05:02 PM
I missed my challenge by 4.5 pounds but I'm not going to complain or anything. Because even if I didn't make it down to 250

I have managed to get in my exercise every day since January 25
I've upped my water intake to near 120 oz. daily
I'm getting up early every morning to make time for exercise (can't say I'm doing it without grumbling though)
I feel tons better than I did a couple of months ago
Finally, my 257-263 plateau is finally broken!!!!!

so when's the next challenge?

You go girl!!! Your progress is so motivating...and I'm with you, when's the next challenge?!