South Beach Diet - Reached the halfway point!!

View Full Version : Reached the halfway point!!

fireflynova
12-20-2004, 10:41 AM
I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel..

I weighed in this morning at 178 lbs, that's 52 lbs gone FOREVER! I had 100 lbs to lose and I've been antsy about reaching the halfway point - and this morning I surpassed it! The best christmas present I could have ever wanted. I do want to thank all of you lovely ladies, since I started SBD & joined this forum in August - all I've received is support, advice and other things that kept me on this diet.. with just the books alone I don't think I would have gotten this far, THANKYOU! :D

Originally when I planned a "reward" for the 50 lbs mark it was going to be a day "off program", such as New Years Eve - I've decided against that now though, I think the best reward I could give myself would be to stay totally ON program.

I think maybe a month of unlimited tanning ;)

I'm not sure how to do this, but I wanted to show "before" and "present" pictures of just my face, where you can really see the difference.. The "before" picture makes my face look very swollen, and just makes my cheeks hurt to look at it :lol: [let me know if the pics don't work]

I hope you're all doing good thru the holiday season, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! :)

Barb0522
12-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Congratulations! You are doing so well! (Just be careful with the tanning - I've had too many precancerous moles removed to not worry about you).

KandiceS
12-20-2004, 10:47 AM
CONGRATS! :cheer: you must be so excited! keep at it!

congrats again! :cheer:

sweet tooth
12-20-2004, 10:58 AM
WTG. You can do it. I like your reward to yourself....to stay OP and take off the rest of the weight. What a great Christmas this will be. Take care.

anchor weight
12-20-2004, 11:13 AM
Yeah! I'm so happy for you! :bravo: :cb: :dance: :flow2: :encore: :cheer:

Your picture looks terrific. What a difference! What an inspiration! Proud of your decision to stay OP! Tanning sounds terrific.

Ruthxxx
12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
:bravo: Fireflynova! I noticed you had changed your avatar picture.
Lookin' good, Girl!

fireflynova
12-20-2004, 03:00 PM
:blush: thankyou so much ladies (again :lol: )

Barb, I'll watch it with the tanning - I burn so easily too, so I'm not sure how my skin will take to it (I just think I'll look better tanned)

Thanks again :D

RNMOM
12-20-2004, 04:15 PM
I'm proud of you! :)

Bamiegurl
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
WooHoo! WTGG!!!!!!!!

Marianna
12-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Your new photo looks just fabulous.. you should be really proud of the success you have had...congratulations!

Merrylegs
12-20-2004, 09:33 PM
That's great, Fireflynova! Congratulations! :cp:

solarmama
12-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Wakkadoo!

Good for you!
-Solar

MarineTubaMom
12-22-2004, 12:50 PM
CONGRATS!!! WTG!!! I can't tell you how incredibly PROUD I am of you! I read your posts and want you to know how inspiring you are to the rest of us!

What an awesome Christmas present! CONGRATS!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

little chick
12-22-2004, 01:01 PM
fireflynova- congrats chick. Keep up the great work. As for the tanning I tried it and I too am very fair skinned. The place I went to follows "safe tanning" I was only allowed to stay in the bed for 4 minutes and the longest I would ever be allowed to stay in is 12 minutes. I would be warry if anyone tells you any different.

ellis
12-23-2004, 12:41 PM
Firefly, I just saw this thread! Congratulations, girl... you look fantastic!! :hat:

Bunnababy
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Congratulations and good work! Also good work with rewarding yourself with a non-food reward. You are beautiful.

:merry: