Support Groups - Desperate Housewives #317 Wednesday SAHM

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.

Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol

Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.

Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.

Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Good morning Ladies!!!! How are you all on this fine morning? It's 630am here and I'm up already and moving around. I was so tired and cold last night. I could have slept forever! BUT !!! Of course, I had my usual nightly interruptions.

Todays plan for exercise: Be at the gym by 10 and get in 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of stomach crunches, squats and some other butt kickin exercise. It a slow exercise day for me on Wednesday. I should also get my test results back today, so we'll see. I'm sure it's perfectly normal and it's just my body being stubborned.

Good luck to all you BLC GIRLS! WATER WATER WATER today! I have to watch that one carefully.

Chris, I work out at the gym, so I manage to get in the exercise. I tried to do it home on monday and did, but it was constant interuptions ....MOM, MOM .....mommmm..... You know how it is. The gym's nursery is the greatest. HUGE! Patrick doesn't have a play mate, like Abigail always had, so this is a nice time for him. Lots of toys, kids and the girls who run it are wonderful. Only once they paged me and I had to go get him. Not bad in 11 weeks(tomorrow). You by the way are doing wonderful with you exercise. You are going to see big results! I know you are going to be hurting. I hope you are ok today with the RA.

Crystal, what's the deal with the truck....??? I missed that somewhere. HOpe you slept well last night. I know that stomach is makin it tough on top of Andrew not sleeping well.

Jill, did you get that extra 20 minute walk in? What did you mean about you and kristin doing the points for exercise? I think we should all bold the part where it tells the amount of time spent on exercise to make it easier for you to or whoever to spot. My abs are so sore from yesterday doing crunches on the stability ball. My trainer is always stepping it up a notch.

Hey Penny, hope you slept welll. Have a great day! NO sleeping late today girlie!!

Michelle, you have such BEAUTIFUL hair. I bet it weighs a lot too.....lol You really did look pretty. Hope you had a nice time!

Cindi, hope all is well on your end.

Roxy, Hey girl, how's it goin? BTW I saw your pics posted. Your children are all very beautiful/ handsome. Nice bunch! I can't even imagine taking care of so many. That would be a workout on it's own.

Kristin, what were you baking Mrs. Better Crocker? THanks for your nice words about the exercise. Hopefully, the weight follows soon. I know I've lost lots of inches, but ughh, the weight off would be nice. How's Syd doing? What does she want for xmas? Anything particular? Abigail asked for Carebear galore and 2 my little pony things. Have a good one.

OK, girls have a good one. I'll be checkin in later.

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 08:43 AM
oh oh oh.......I am obsessed with that darn scale, but dh and I were suprised this am when I got on the scale and I broke the 204 mark. It said 203.2 I was sooooo excited. Now, lets hope it stays in the 203 or moves down more. It's not much but I'm desperate and will take it. Going out to lunch with my sil for her bday and a xmas party tomorrow night, so I hope I don't ruin it.! SALAD and soup! I've been eating snacks (good ones) and I think that's helping. Keeping the motabolism going. Maybe I wasn't eating enough. Rediculous if that's the case 1500-1800 cal I should be according to the compute. anyway, I had to report that. I am thrilled.

treasaigh
12-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Hi ladies - can I jump right in? I'm not new to 3FC, but I'm looking for more encouragement and motivation, and I'm hoping you're it. ;) Ya'll seem like a great group!

My name's Tracy, I'm a SAHM to Sarah, almost 4, and Matthew, 16 mos. I love kiddies but I think when I'm ready for another one I'll get a dog instead. :p (DH isn't that "hands-on", making it a lot of work for me.)

I'm not following a specific plan, just trying to eat less compulsively and get protein at each meal. I'm doing fine on the exercise - it's amazing to me that it's easier for me to DO something (exercise) than NOT do something (eat). Defies logic!

I'm off to Kohl's to return some kid shoes, and finish my shopping. Don't tell DH, but I'm wearing my new Christmas watch. It came two weeks ago, and he's left it on the counter all this time - I'm only human!!

Ya'll have a good day now, ya hear?

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey everyone! Well so far I havent done anything. My daughter stayed up past 1 am I woke up with my hair soaking wet.. Why?!? Shes going through the stage of sucking on things. At first it was towels and shirt Now its graduating to my HAIR!! SHEESH! Then she woke up around 3 am and at 6... And shes been up ever since! Oh and drinking a half a gallon of milk along the way. So this morning I had to stop in and get some more! Passing up all of those chocolate donuts on the way!! Boy am I craving sweets!!! But TOM is coming I think tomorrow! AT least I hope it comes! LOL Well anyways Im rambling, Im about to go fix my breakfast. My daughter should take two naps today.. And maybe I can get my exercise done then.

Jeniqua- Its hard.. But I try. I said I couldnt do it with the kids.. I couldnt do it.. And I ended up where I am today. So.. When I first joined this site.. A lot of chicks stressed that I needed to make time make time for me. So unfortunately.. That is my time.. Exercising.. Not fun.. But oh well! LOL

Kristin- I actually HATE exercising! LOL So when I do.. Im very grouchy. I get more along time when Im exercising then trying to relax on the couch or do anything else!

Michelle- BEAUTIFUL PIC!! You go girl!

Mel- GREAT JOB on breaking your 204! I know you are excited! Keep up that amazing work!

Tracy!! Welcome! Im Jaymi, SAHM to Jake 7 and Jariel 2. I know exactly what you mean about dh being hands on! I do all the work myself! Well Im sure I speak for everyone when I say that you came to the right place for motivation! These are some awesome chicks!! By the way, what part of SC are you from?

Well anyone else I missed Penny, Deana, Chris, Crystal, Ricci, Jill, Deana, Leigh, Cheri, Cindi, Geri, and everyone one else. Good luck and Be safe if any of you are out in this cold weather.. Or shopping! LOL STAY OP!! YAY! YOU CAN DO IT!!

Deana1113
12-15-2004, 09:59 AM
!!! Good Morning Ladies !!!

I know I never got back here yesterday but between dh and kids they had this thing tied up all day. I didn't go shopping yesterday or leave the house. I have been feeling cruddy, sinuses and my ear again so I just laid around and crocheted most of the day, oh and that 2 hour nap :o .

Stocking count: 12 down, 12 to go. I know I'll never get the other 13 done for preschool so maybe next year I can have enough done for all of their classes. I want to get new ones made for each family member too because we don't all have one to hang. The kids do but dh and I don't. But they will take more time because they will be so much bigger.

Chris: I AM APALLED that you would store your mom outside, cold or not!!! :rofl: :lol3: I was rolling in my chair laughing :lol: . That was almost too much this early!

Mel: You are doing awesome on getting to the gym. Maybe the scale will start moving soon. Have you talked to your trainer about it? I have heard at various times from various sources that you should only workout every other day to let your muscles rest. Not sure about details, that's just what I heard.

Roxy: Such a beautiful family. I would comment on how handsome the boys are but then I wouldn't feel I was acting my age :lol: but they are all beautiful children. Still want to see pics of you and dh too.

Kristin: Has Payless been working you to death or have you just been busy with Christmas and such? Hope things slow down for you soon.

Michelle: WOOHOO!!! You and Zhaun look great!

Well my keayboard is acting up and probably needs new batteries. Today dd has preschool, scouts after school then dh has to work. I need to get to Curves today but not sure my sinuses will let me breathe that long :rolleyes: I also HAVE to make it to the post office today to mail my cards. I was such a couch potato yesterday :o . But I did stay on plan! :D

I'll check back later.

TTYL

Deana1113
12-15-2004, 10:06 AM
Tracy: Welcome. You have come to the right place for motivation. These ladies are GREAT! I'm Deana, sahm to Erik 16, Andrew 9 (Dec. 29th), Matthew 7 and Abby 5 (Jan. 8th). Post often so we can get to know you better.

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Tracy, Welcome to Desperate housewives, which is formaly Stay at home moms. All these ladies do a wonderful job of encouragement. Stick with us and you will see. We are doing a Biggest loser Challange through our MSN site. It has already started, but maybe next time you could join in. Each day with have challanges that we have to do each day. We earn point for those plus additional exercise. At the end we see who has the most points. It's fun. Cool about the watch .... men don't usually notice things like that anyway. Enjoy it.!

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Deana, great job on getting half the stockings done! The scale moved a bit thank god! Also, I do rest in between workouts. How that works is you work a different body part each day to give your muscles a full 48hours rest. That's not the case for cardio only weight training. We do Arms and abs on Tuesdays and Chest and legs on Thursdays. In between I do core. Core exercise are like sit ups, balance work, stretching. Things that lightly work the whole body. Technically it should be Monday Arms abs, Tuesday legs and chest, wednesday arms abs again, thursday legs chest. You get the idea. Thats what they mean by resting. I was so siqued this morning when the scale said 203.2 I can't wait till Sunday Morning! BLC weigh in day. I hope I don't mess it up between now and then with all the eating out.

Jaymi, Sorry you had such a terrible night sleep. Yuk on dd sucking you hair. You must have felt gross when you woke up. WHat kind of exercise are you doing today? I am heading out soon to do my cardio. I'm already downed 24oz of water. Lots more to go.

chrily
12-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Tracey...
Welcome to the group. My name's Chris and I'm a stay at home mom of 3 girls. Tiana (11), Kayla (5), and Nicole (2). They keep me busy. I've been married to my second husband for 6 years now. I'm a Montanan, and have been all my life. I'm currently doing WW and trying to exercise more. I have rheumatoid arthritis which kind of hinders the exercise a bit. Oh well, that's the card I was dealt, now I have to deal with it. I'm doing the Biggest Loser Challenge and trying to stay motivated. These ladies on this thread to a great job of helping me out. I hope you get alot out of this group.

Okay...I am sore today!!!! My calves and my feet are crying out in a case of the achies. Can't say how much exercise I'll get in today. Maybe just some walking and give my body a little time to rest. I don't really want to lay myself up for a few days by overdoing it.

Deana-Okay...I'm sorry about my mom. Can I store any other relatives outside? :lol3: :rofl: :lol: I must think I'm a crazy person :crazy: Well that's where we keep our mom's in Montana. :lol: If you would like any typing tips just let me know... :D I can't believe I typed the wrong word. The sad part is that the p and the m are no where near eachother on the keyboard. what was I thinking!

Okay, I'll be back in a bit. I have to take the kiddies to school.

~chris

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey Mel, Hmm I don't know. I did upper arm yesterday. So probably cardio of course.. lower legs, (which I don't think I'm supposed to do everyday, but I do anyway) Abs, and more cardio... I guess!! LOL Denise Austin always throws Yoga in her workouts. I hate Yoga sometimes! It's pretty hard sometimes especially when I'm tired! How much cardio do you do a week? If you really wan to shed some lbs you could try to add more cardio. Cardio is the ultimate best way to burn fat. And as we all know burning fat, lifts metobolism.. blah, blah.. And when the fat turns to muscle... you burn even more! That's also the best way to get rid of our tummies... cardio not abs! We all probably have a six pack under all this extra skin from having babies! LOL Well all I've eaten and feeling even lazier! Haven't had a drop of water yet... yuck!!! I guess I'll go attempt to drink a glass! Talk with you all soon!

1hot_tomato
12-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee2:

Thanks for all the lovely compliments on my family, you all are so sweet, and wicked (you know who you are!) I haven't had the nerve to put one up of me yet, don't want to blind anyone, but I will.

OoooooooHHH! Mel- there ya go! Scale is leaving the station... on it's way down the line! :cheer: Have a great workout today!

Michelle- you are sizzlin' girl! :flame: You and Dh look great! Ya know you ought to use that one for your avatar with the tree behind you. You are a lovely lady! :devil: Wickly lovely... :lol:

Deana- hey hope you get unclogged today. I'm glad you cut down on the stockings! I was worried you wouldn't be able to type anymore cause your fingers would fall off. Hope that you do make it to curves! :workout:

Jaymi- sorry about the lack of sleep! I have those sweet cravings and I don't even have my TOM back yet! Dang it, I just want my chocolate! I'll take any excuse! Hope dd doesn't swallow a hair, eewww! That can't be good! :no:

Welcome Tracy! I'm Roxy- mom to 10-4 boys and 6 girls. I know you will just love it here. These ladies are the best! :grouphug: We have such fun everyday, it makes losing weight bearable!

Chris- Sorry your mom gets stiff when you leave her outside! Fortunately my mom lives in Florida, so she doesn't, she just blows away during hurricane season! I have to tell you I laughed out loud when I read that. I have to be careful, cause like eight people come running saying "What , What????" Then I have to let them look too! :lol3:

Where's Crystal this morning? Probably posting while I writing this! Hope all of you other mom have a great OP day, especially you BLC girls. Go-Go-Go!!! :cheer: We're cheering you on! :cheer: TTYL

~Roxy

MichelleRae
12-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Thanks for all the comments on our picture you ladies always do bring a smile to my face.

Mel, you are awesome girl! I just know you'll start to see the scale go down! Woo hoo!! I'm just so darn proud of you for working so hard!

Deana, WOOHOOO only 12 more stockings!! Are your fingers raw yet? lol Any big plans today?

Tracy, hey girly!! I'm sure you'll like it here!! Its great to have you join us!!

Nothing much planned here today but some exercise and some school work and gift wrapping :) I really need to exercise today because I drank alcohol last night at the party which I swore I wasn't going to do lol but oh well we only have one big party we go to every year and that was it. I'm also proud to report that I was in bed before 3 am yesterday!! WOOHOOO!!

Crystal, hope you are feeling well!

Okay guys I'm off to make some breakfast today I'm having some sugar free hot cocoa and a grapefruit. Kids are going to have oatmeal.

I'll be back in a bit, I plan on doing a LOT of exercise today!
Love to you all!
Michelle

chrily
12-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Michelle-
Just had to tell you that you are a great looking couple. I am sooo jealous of your hair. I wish mine were like yours. And you have such a pretty face.

Roxy-I have a confession...I thought your sons were good-looking too. Just didn't want to type it out loud. :D I'm so looking forward to seeing who you are. Post a pic....please. You make me laugh so often, I'd love to see the face behind the laughs.

So to all...I'm going to be catching crap for this whole "mom" thing for the rest of my life. I don't mind. I'm still laughing about it too.
In fact, I did a really bad one a few months ago at my mil's house. We were setting up her new computer for her and I typed in her user name as Virgina instead of Virginia. It was a joke in the family since she was a teenager. She told her mom when she was in school that her name was Virginia-virgin-for short-but not for long. I guess it got her slapped. But I didn't intend to type it that way on her computer. I'm awful aren't I???? :lol:

~chris

mamawithdreams
12-15-2004, 12:56 PM
I'm here, I'm here. Sorry, I can't be doing that too much or you ladies may think I've gone into labor, lol. No, I was on my way here to post this morning and got tied up with my sis and phone calls and kids and dh and you name it.
Anyways, I'm here for now. I've got to run to town later.
Slept about normal, about 3 interruptions or so. Decided to take our Christmas break from school early except we will complete our last math and spelling test on Thursday or Friday.

Welcome Tracy. I'm Crystal, 27 yo sahm of Alisa 6, Ally 3, and Andrew 2. I'm due with Allison Feb 1st. and that's it for me. I live in Texas and homeschool my oldest in the first grade. Been married 9 years. I stayed around even after finding out I was pregnant because these girls are addictive and I hoped to make this the healthiest pregnancy ever. I'm also going to get right back on track after I have her. So glad you found us and hope you stay around. Post often so we can learn more about you.

Kristin, about the truck. I was told that we already have the interim loan therefore it shouldn't effect us. Besides, I'm on this program with my jeep that I HAVE to turn it in by January. I had it for 3 years therefore, it's time. Luckily it happened at a good time, because when this baby comes my family won't fit in my jeep.

Mel, like I stated to Kristin, it wasn't a lease but like a lease and I have to trade in. Dh has made it really, really hard. He won't buy used, or Dodge or Chevy, he won't buy a mini van, obviously no car can fit my family. Therefore it's narrowed to a F150 supercrew that I can't get unless my payment goes up and that can't happen or a full size van which I've got my dealer working on.

Okay, I'm gonna walk to the mailbox so I'll talk to ya later.
Hope everyone has a great day.

chrily
12-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Geez, Crystal...
Don't scare us like that. ;) How's the day going for you? I'm plugging right along and got 2 loads of laundry done and have worked on Tiana's quilt for her bed for the last hour. Talk about a nightmare. I've cleaned the upstairs bathroom and getting ready to do the family room and Tiana's bathroom.

Okay...I've drank 34 oz. of water so far today and feel like I'm going to float somewhere. I'm going to get that 100 oz. in for the challenge if it kills me.

Well I'm going to check out how things are on ebay and get some breakfast...

My little cat killer came home from the vet last night after a long day there. They shaved his chin and cleaned up his wound. It's still really swollen and the poor guy can't eat. At least the bird population is safe for a bit. :lol: Every year since me and my dh have been married, right before Christmas one of our pets has gone to the vet. Just a little something to throw off the whole Christmas budget and make a few more bills late. Darn animals! He's just lucky he's so darn cute. ;)

I guess, back to the world around me. There is just too much to do in a day.
~chris

MichelleRae
12-15-2004, 01:06 PM
Hey girls I'm back!!

I have so far drank 32 oz of water and moving on to another jug lol.

Crystal glad you are okay! Have a nice day!

Roxy thanks for the compliments! You're too kind :D I'm sure you'll have a busy day with all of your children runnin around ;) I hope you get a little peace today :D

Chris and thank you for the nice comments as well :) Hows the weather over there? It's pretty chilly here but the snow is gone.

Well I'm off to get some more water and pick up my house a little

BBL
Michelle

treasaigh
12-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! It'll take me a while to get everyone sorted out in my head - except Chris - she's the one who keeps her mother outside, I understand. :lol:

Jaymi - I'm in Rock Hill. What part of South Cackilackey are you in?

I'm back from shopping. Got some cleaning to do. Right now, DS is all about pulling everything from every cabinet in the kitchen, all the books out of the bookcase, CDs, etc. He's so cute, but a walking disaster. Plus, one of our cats still feels the need to "mark" his litter box. Wonderful smell to come home to!

It's really cold here today, so Sarah wants to stay inside and finger paint. :dizzy:

Thanks for the reminders about water. I've fallen off that wagon in the past few months, and it shows. I'll check back this evening!

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Hey all, back from the gym. I wasn't sure I was going to finish my 1/2 hour cardio. I did the arch trainer and up it to level 5. It has 10 levels. Not bad, but tough. I pushed myself through it. This arch trainer machine had the arms that move too, so it was a double wammy!! Ughh. I did 5 minutes of stretching and then left. Maybe I'll get in another 25minutes later....and maybe not. We'll see. I'm pooped. those situps on the Sball really made my abs sore. 300 of them...ughhh

Tracy, sorry, I forgot to tell you I am Melissa, mom of 2. Abigail 4 and Patrick..aka Bugga Bug. Sorry!

Crystal, glad all is ok. What about a station wagon for you. don't you think that would be better then a truck that only seats five. SW seat 7 I believe and less expensive than trucks. I know dh is a PIA about all this stuff, so maybe he doesn't want that either. Check the what ever you buy to make sure that 3 car seats fit in the back. MY friend had a 1 1/2 yo and twin newborns and she thought they fit, but when she went to close the door all the seats banged together and the door barely closed. Anyway, good luck!

Ok, 48oz of water down. almost half way there. bbl

mamawithdreams
12-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks Chris and Michelle for the Christmas cards.
Mel, SW only seats five, at least all the ones I've checked on and a truck will seat 6. The back seat will be big enough for 3 car seats and Alisa will have to ride in the front. Don't really care for that, but it's legal. I'm looking into a full size van right now. They have excellent rebates so we'll see. Don't get me wrong, I'd love love love a mini van but dh HATES and REFUSES to buy one.
I'll let you all know.

chrily
12-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Okay....me and the bathroom are becoming close friends today. Well I was going to post but Kayla just threw a toy and nailed Nicole in the head....She's being a little snot today for some reason.

~chris

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Hello everyone! Well so far I have done an hour of Denise Austin, I have had 24 oz of water which is the max usually for me!! But if I don't make it to 100, then oh well! If I drink 50 than that will be a miracle for me! I'll accept that! I'm pooped! Mel!! 300 push-ups! What are you.. an alien!!!! :lol: :lol3: Sheesh girl, you work hard as ****, you deserve all the weight to float away. Actually ALL of you do! I am dying here!!! I want some Chocolate SOO BAD! I have eaten a whole box of Lucky Charms this week! I usually eat that when I'm craving sugar. ITS NOT HELPING!! I'm thinking chocolate donuts, m&m's, snickers, Hershey's kisses! MAN!! I'm about to go in sane!! Will TOM hurry and get here already! I'm not working hard for nothing!!! I did have a snickers the other day.. but even with that my calories didn't get to 1500. And the 2 hour workout had to help. I'm like starving right now! Is it just me or does exercise make anyone else hungry?!? I swear that's why I exercise so much! The whole time I"m doing it I'm thinking " Boy, I can't wait to eat!! " Well anyways I better get going now. I smell a stinky pamper!

mompen
12-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Ladies.....

Just running through...

Good post coming soon... I promise :D

Congrats to all the chug a lugs today...
No water for me yet but I love water and I will be drinking soon :) (Water that is.... LOL)

TTYL!

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Jaymi, 300 situps on the Stability ball. Ughh. I meant situps, not pushups. I do 100 pushups on a big wedge. My wrists are week and I can't do regular men type pushups. Sometimes I do them on a bench, feet on the floor and hands on a bench. It's really hard. I'm getting better, but it's not great. Feel like a fool and hope nobody is watching when I do them...

Penny, Hey girlie, hope you're having a good one.

Jill, have a nice walk with Baylee.

Bayleysmom
12-15-2004, 05:04 PM
OMG!!! I just had like half of a long post done and I hit something on my keyboard and it highlighted the whole text and then erased it!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I hate that!!!! Ok enough of my tantrum I guess I will rewrite what I was saying but I may cut it a little short so I can utilize nap time a little better.

So I woke up late cuz I turned off the alarm thinking I was getting up and then my eyes opened and it was 10!! I hate that too! I need to start getting up earlier so that I can have a more productive day, you know. Also when I sleep in Bayley does the same and then her naps are all screwed up and I don't get anything done when she is awake. Sooooooooooooooooo I did get a 30 minute walk in today and after this am going to try to get another half hour of lower body weights in. Obviously I didn't make it to the gym but I have everything I need here for a good leg workout so I'm not worried about it. I also got my mineral makeup in today so I am excited to try that. HAve a computer guy coming out too so he can install my hard drive. Mom and I tried to do it ourselves yesterday but since it's so big my computer doesn't recognize it and it gets all screwed up soooooooooooooooooooooo I bet that will be about 60 bucks that I don't want to spend but at least I know it will be done right, never know that when I'm doing things! LOL

Mel it was great chatting with you today! I checked the scale after we talked and I was another 2 pounds down and although I was excited I know that most of it was TOM and I'm still trying to lose what I gained over Thanksgiving so it's really pounds I already lost that I am trying to lose again! LOL I was so excited to read about your loss too, you are so motivated and really in the right mindset and all you need now is your body to follow which I'm sure it will soon!

Jaymi good for you for exercising already. I noticed you are in the lead for points right now. I need to get up earlier to work out more so I can catch up!!!

Hey Penny!!!

Hey Chris I am sore too!! I am still sore from the lunges on Monday and the upper body weights I did that day too!! Geez I guess a month of no gym will do that to ya huh? Good job getting that water down, I've only had about 20 oz so far but I know I can do it. Lunch and dinner time are better for water for me. I'm not much of a water drinker in the morning. Oh and smack those kids around will ya! LOL Sorry Kayla's not being nice to her sis

Hey Crystal sorry about the car wars with your dh. That stinks. I feel that if you are going to be the one having to drive it most of the time with all the kids then you should get what you want. No matter who is pulling the money in. LOL BTW what's your dh been doing for work? I never heard if he found a job or not. I'm assuming he did since you guys are building and getting a new car. Keep us updated girl! LOL

Tracy WELCOME WELCOME!! We love to have new members! Glad to see you here. Try to keep up though we are a busy group. If you have a yahoo IM name let us know so we can add you and chat with ya once in awhile!

Hello Beautiful hotty Michelle! Can't believe you ditched me last night but I'm glad you go to bed at a decent hour. I didn't, must have rubbed off on me! LOL I could not sleep for the life of me! Anyway I hope to ditch you tonight and get to bed at a decent hour! LMAO Just kidding I wouldn't ditch ya, well maybe if I find a present in my mailbox! LOL

Hi Mamaofhotones.........oh.............I mean Roxy............sorry LOL I had to do that. I just think it's funny we were all thinking that and no one said anything till Michelle did! LMAO We want a pic of you now!! C'mon I posed in tight clothes for all to see so you can at least give us a head shot!

Deana we miss you!! You need to post more! Just tell your family you are on vacation or something! I hope you get all those stockings done, what a job! I know the kids will love them though!

Ok I think I'm done! LOL OH OH OH except I forgot to tell you all I got STRAIGHT A's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited this morning when I saw that! Not quite to a 3.5 but darn close so if I can pull it off again I'm good to go!! Ok enough from me! TTYL

sydsmom
12-15-2004, 05:42 PM
hi quick post from me! :) I am so freaking tired! LOL, I was at grandmas and she really put me to work. I actually was sweating and I got to exercise while I was there for 20 minutes. I did the stairs, up and down for 20 minutes. man that kills, and I had already run up and down the stairs taking presents down to the tree about 50 times. So then I stopped for abuot 15 minutes and did some crunches...abut150 of them. His grandmas thought I was nuts, but I was already sweating and I was motiviated, so I did it! LOL Water was good today too so far. I have had 64oz. so far! who-hoo! :)

NOw i am beat and I have so much to to do at my own house! sheehs! I will try and post more later, yes Deana I am just busy is general :) I only work a few nughts a week....but that combined with the season is killing me !!

Jill - way to go with the grades:)

Crystal - glad no baby yet :) I hope you get the van, that would be so much safer. TO bad your dh doesn't understand that soemtimes you have to sacrifice what you WANT for what you NEED! ya know?

hey to the rest of ya, that is all I could remember! :) I will be back!! TTYL!

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Hello everyone! Mel... 300 is 300!! Hold on! 100 pushups! Ok 20 is all I can do at one time! Well all I suck with the water! I still need to exercise again, maybe I can get some more water in. Well I wanted this to longer..... but I got to go get my exercise in before DH gets home~

chrily
12-15-2004, 06:53 PM
Hello ladies...
How are we all doing? I'm still aching and feeling about as old as can be. I did do 30 min. aerobics so far and I have my 100 oz. down. I've walked miles back and forth to the bathroom. But I'll be drinking more later. I only drink milk in the morning so its water for the rest of the day for me. I'm going to see if I can get a walk in tonight. I need more.

Hey Jamyi-You're a work out machine! You've come a long way. Keep it up!

Kristin-I hear ya on the stairs. I can't count how many times I've been up and down mine today. Too darn many, that's for sure! Congrats on the exercise and the crunches. WAY TO GO!!!!

Jillybean-Congrats on the Straight A's. Bet that feels good! Also WAY TO GO with the challenge. If I keep moving, I'm not so sore feeling but let me sit for a few minutes and I'm hurting. When will I get used to this?

I was thinking last night as I was reading a weight loss book about maintainence. I'm scared that when I do reach my goal that I'll backslide and not maintain it. I actually don't know if I can stick with an exercise routine for the rest of my life. Or an eating plan. I guess I have a case of the "pre-goal" jitters.

Okay back to my life again...clothes to fold and more stuff to clean. Then I have to pick Tiana up at a classmates house. They had to work on a project together. I have to chuckle on that one. It's with this boy named Dalton. He has had a crush on Tiana since the beginning of last school year. He is real sweet to her, not snotty like some little boys are. They had to pick partners for the project and he didn't hesitate. He said he wanted to work with Tiana. Too cute!

~chris

mamawithdreams
12-15-2004, 07:17 PM
Hey ladies.
Jill, no dh doesn't have a job. His family's business is actually building our house and that means dh is building it and getting paid for it. It's tight but he's also getting unemployment as well. So we're making it. The only reason I'm getting a new vehicle is because I had this purchase with a balloon which means after three years I have to turn it in or trade it in.
Anyways, dh went to get some pellets for our pellet stove and said he was craving a greasy hamburger, which was great for me, I didn't have to cook. Kids are getting a frozen pizza and I'll just find something later when I'm hungry.
So you ladies are doing well with your exercising and such. Really gets me motivated, just keep it up so I'll still be motivated when I can join in with you.
I've been doing some research for homeschooling online today and that is a never ending job so I'm gonna get back to it.
Oh btw, the roof is on and the tar paper is one. All the braces are out of the house so you can walk through it. Next week dh will start the MEP's and that should take a couple of weeks or so.
I'll be getting some pictures developed soon and get them posted. I'll start an album on moms losing weight site for it. Should've already done that but didn't think about it til now.
And, it looks like I'll get a full size Dodge Regency van. Seats 7 and has the tv and dvd stuff all in there. That's the only way they make them and they quit making them in 03, so that's why I'm getting such a good deal on it. They have lots of rebates trying to get rid of them. Dh is "thinking" about it. But it's the best and smartest thing to do so we'll see what he comes up with.
Okay, gotta feed these kids. Hope all is well. TTYL

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Hey everyone! Well so far I just drank 40 oz. I doubt I can drink more than that without my bladder exploding! LOL I went out in the cold 30 degree weather and got on my treadmill and did thirty minutes. And before that I did 30 minutes of Denise Austin. I hope everyone is having a great night! I just wanted to let everyone see where I've come from. What I accomplished and messed up and came right back to! Just a reminder to myself also! Well I better go because dh is annoying me some more and I'm way to tired and cold to go back on the treadmill! :devil: I will update the other site and talk with you all later! Sorry so grumpy.. TOM just started!

melmcc99
12-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Jaymi, how much Denise austin did you do? 30 minutes and 30 on the treadmil, you kicked my butt today! I only did 30 total...TOM coming next week, it kills me the week before. Every Year TOM on XMAS! YUK..

Going to bed here. See ya in the a.m all Have a good night all!

Deana1113
12-15-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok, I'm here for a fly by!

Jill: WOOHOO!!! :cheer: :bravo: on the straight A's!!!

Mel: Keep going girl, you're gonna get there!

Jaymi: Great workouts! Keep it up.

Chris: Store any family members there that you feel the need to. :lol3: Can I send some of mine your way? :rofl:

Crystal: I have a full size Dodge Van, 1996, but I have had it since new and it really is convenient when you have a big family. I wish mine had the tv and dvd player but they didn't put them in then and I can't afford to put it in now that it has over 122,000 miles on it. Good luck convincing dh.

Michelle: Hope you had a great day! Are you working tonight?

Kristin: Geeesh, you made me tired just reading about the stairs. Soooo glad I don't have any here....ranch style house :smug:

Penny: Slow down!!!

Well, we worked on ornaments for the tree tonight after dh left for work and will have to finish them on Friday night since we are goign to get a real tree on Saturday. I also made construction paper stockings to stuff things in for my cub scouts for tomorrow. I just have notepads, pencils, bookmarks and may grab some candy canes to put in them. I also put cotton fluff at the top and put each boys name in glitter on the front. Boy, I never stop coming up with stuff to do. I am such a GLUTTON!!! Tomorrow night is also our pack meeting with a Christmas theme. Santa will be stopping in, treat bags for all the kids, awards, passing out the pinewood derby cars and each den is making a snack mix. Our Bear den made puppy chow today. My Wolf den will be mixing our at the meeting. M&M's, pretzels, cheese balls, mini marshmallows, rice chex, cheerios and I got this really cute oval shaped plastic tub to put it in. Hope each boy remembers to bring his item for it. I was going to call them to remind them and got busy with the kids. I guess whatever is forgotten we can use dues money to go get it. WHAT???? am I crazy for thinking about taking 6 second grade boys in the grocery store?!?!?!?! Obviously :dizzy: . Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and they all remembered....LOL.

Well the kids started to string popcorn and cranberries and then decided what I was doing was more interesting so I suppose I have to finish that too...ughhh!

Talk to you wonderful ladies in the morning.

TTYL

sharqueen76
12-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone! I am sorry I haven't posted all day. I have a feeling I won't be posting until night time during the week because I have a full house of infants I watch during the day again. Today I had 5 kids all 2 and under! The youngest is 9 weeks. I can't wait til the weekend. I love watching kids! Today I did bad.. I only drank 64 oz of water. It took all I had in me to drink that much..lol. I got an hour of exercise in. I exercised to Calorie Killer by the Firm.. I felt it too..uugghh.. I can't wait until I'm back in shape.

Michelle~ Hey!! I want to see the picture!! How's your day?

Jaymi~ Wow!!! You really are doing great! You can and will lose all that weight. Keep up the fantastic job.

Crystal~ Your new van sounds nice!! Let us know what you end up getting.

Jill~ WAY TO GO WITH THE STRAIGHT A's!! All the hard work has paid off. I'm looking forward to seeing you reach your goal. You're well on your way.

Melissa~ You're doing great!! Wow, all of you ladies are really inspiring me.

Penny~ We can do this!! Keep up the fantastic job!!

Chris~ Hey you!! You can do this..keep up the great job!!

Roxy~ You really are a blast!! Your kids must have a blast with you. Here's to a new healthy and slimmer you. I would love to see you in the next challenge.

If I forgot anyone I am sorry.. We're all doing great and are on a roll, let's keep it going!!

chrily
12-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Just a quick fly by for me...time to conk out for the night.

Deana-Send the relatives....I'll store em for you free of charge! Maybe I could start my own cryogenics business... :lol:

~chris

melmcc99
12-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Starting a new thread!