Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:23 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default It's snow Friday today

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing okay. It started snowing already... My eye is stil bothering me so I am glad that I have my appointment next week. I feel as if I am being paranoid. My brother from Vancouver visited yesterday. He's staying at my parents old house, so he drove up with some boxes yesterday. He got stuck in the unplowed driveway so mucle woman Ali helped him push out the truck he rented.

Anyway, I work my second job for 6 days in a row (Ali's not happy about that), but at least I get Thursday/Fri/Sat next week off from it.

Kierie + Belle: I generally avoid highly processed refined carbs now. I usually eat fruit as snacks and I am not as scared as fat as I was before. For example, I had a greek salad with chicken last night. Before trying south beach, I was almost scared to eat fatty salad dressings (most in Canada are made from either Olive or Canola oils, both are high in monosaturated fats).

Cheers!

Ali
Old 12-10-2004, 09:52 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Evil Ali!!! I can't have real greek salad anymore. No feta cheese! Boooooooohhhhh!!!!

It's 7:47 and no puking yet! bonus. I think I'll have a good puke free day today. Yee haw. Trouble is, the things that keep me from puking (food) are not great quality...Rice, cereal, oatmeal, oranges (those are good). But meat is a total turn off. Yuck. And I can't eat most veggies, including cucumber - I got sick on CUCUMBER. Weird. And yogurt.

Today I am moving to a different floor. I have sat with these people for three years, and the office I am moving to is smaller and has crap furniture. The guy I hate at work gets my nice office with huge windows. He just came in and asked when I am going to move my "crap". I was like - read the e-mail, dumbass. This guy, I just can't STAND him. He is a total underperformer, but very arrogant. I won't miss sitting across the hall from him, but that is about it. Damn him, getting my nice office.

I am bitter about moving. They are only moving me and my boss, b/c we now report to a different VP, who I have to sit beside. He has no respect for women and feels that all women are admin assistants. I didn' tgo to university for four years to assist some dumbass man. Butat the same time, I can't really tell him that b/c he is the VP...so, rock and hard place.

Well, must go. Movers will come soon.....TTFN
Old 12-10-2004, 09:58 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

OH Kierie - I read your article! Way to go!! It made me want to buy the book You must be proud!!
Old 12-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I lost 6 pounds! I also added some carbs back today. The deprivation was getting me bonkers. I had PT last night DH and I walked my moms dog (my dog but Murph can't live here) then we ran to the store and got a few basics. Today I'm just laying low the weather sucks again!
Alii I'm glad you have the eye appt too. You are the woman of Steel pushing the car out!
Belle Yay on No puking! and booo to the new boss. Would you like me to ressurect the Can of Whooparse? Thanks for the comments on the article
Isn't it funny that the foods that seem to be kindest to the tummy are killer on the waistline.
I'm going to grab some lunch i will bbiab
Kier
Old 12-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #5  
Running Babe

Belle: real old fashioned oats (just bought myself a bag at lunch) are really good for you, so oatmeal is good. Also high fibre cereals are good (I eat cereal)... My mom told me she detested chicken all through her pregnancies... Sorry about mention that evil, but uh.. evil salad... You will be able to eat it again.

Kierie: The weather ain't great here either...

Oh ladies, since I lost my old copy of thin for life, I got the new edition... a definite on Ali's must have/read list.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 12-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Ali Chicken is my enemy too! Just the thought of chicken makes me sick...but I am so craving ceasar salad (with no nutritional value WHATSOEVER).

Kier - congrats!!!! 6lbs is GREAT!!!! Woo hoo!! I'll take your whooparse too, I can use it in this dark, cubbyhole, next to overzealous VP!

Are you guys done your shopping and preps for xmas?? I want to make some cookies this weekend, but I don't want only DH and I to eat them (ie: it will be mostly me since he is not much of a sweet guy). Maybe Ill do half batches of a few kinds so I ave some but not like 4 dozen or anything...

Do you guys have any baking to do??
Old 12-10-2004, 03:31 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

I think we'll do cookies Next week we still have to do thank you notes and xmas cards and I HAVE NO CENTER PEICES breathe Kierie Breathe I was thinking of sugar cookies b/c they can be our little gift for our party on the 26th
Shopping wise I'm getting DH a tent and a train engine and depending on how much the Tent is Somethign else
yet to be determined
I want to do some shopping for me! I hate being selfish but I need stuff!
Closed Thread