Support Groups - Desperate Housewives #312 Friday SAHM

melmcc99
12-10-2004, 06:48 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women taking on the responsibilty of raising a family and trying to take care of themselves too. We look forward to a new day with members, new and old! Please feel free to jump right in and say hello Here is a little bit about who we are ...

MichelleRae: Michelle sahm to Taylor 8-25-01 & Teagan 10-13-03 Married 2 years to Zhaun. Plan I'm following is a combined WW and South Beach Diet.

Spryng: 24 y.o. married 6 years. Kids- Ava 4, Bubba (aka Joseph) 3 & Tanner 1. Currently on ww, hit goal in April.

Mompen: Penny 24 y.o. Happily Married & SAHM Momma to three active boys, Hunter 5, Nicholas 4 & Andrew 18 mo. Taking what I learned from WW & South Beach is my way of life.
Loveliam: Leigh SAHM to Liam 10.21.03 & happily married for 2 years. Doing the Weight Watchers thing.

Sydsmom: Kristin SAHM to Sydney 09-27-01, married almost 2 years to wonderful dh Began Weight watchers mid-July

Cheri: married to Donald for 8.5 years, SAHM/homeschooling momma to Nathan, 5 (9-11-98), Daniel, 3 (8-29-00) & Elijah, 1 (10-16-02) & doing the low carb thing kinda, lol
Cindi: Mom to 6 boys & 1 mean girl. Plan.. No diet for me! Portion control, exercise & lots of water (most days)

Chubba: Geri..Mom to two boys, Will (3) & Tony (1)..married for 4 years to a great guy..following Dr Phil most days!

Crystal: 27 yo sahm of 3 almost 4. Alisa 6, Ally 3, & Andrew 22 months. Due Feb 1st. Married 9 years, live in Texas & homeschool. My plan, when on it, counting calories & exercise.
Ricci sahm to two boys 4 and 5, married 7 years, doing ww

Jill: SAHM of 1 daughter, Bayley, born 9/19/03. Currently trying to lose some of the baby weight I gained with her & need some extra support to help me do so.

Melissa: SAHM of 1 girl (4) and 1 boy (2). Currently watching what I eat and exercising 4-5days a week.
Deana: SAHM of 3 boys and 1 girl. Counting calories, exercising, and drinking lots of water.

Chris: SAHM of Tiana, Kayla and Nicole: ages 11, 5, and 2. Married for 5 years. I live in Billings, Montana. I'm a rheumatoid arthritis sufferer and trying using WW Flexpoints to lose weight

melmcc99
12-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Good Morning All! How is everyone this morning??? :flow1:

Ok, well, today is the official weigh in and I am bumbed!!! Say's that dumb 204 STILL. I just don't understand it. I was extra extra good this week. I have been using my Nutribase software to keep track of every morsel that goes into this body. AND STILL NOTHING. According to Nutribase, I should be losing a pound every day to day and a half. OF course, I don't need to lose that quickly, but that's what it says based on my intake and exercise. It says to lose 2 lbs a week I should eat about 1800 calories to lose...without exercise and 2600 to maintain. I've been eating about 1500-1700 with exercise and NOTHIN'!!! grrrrrrrr :?: :eek: :crazy: ANyhow, I will keep plugging along. :strong: :tread: I think I will go to the dr. soon to see what's going on. maybe they can do some blood work to make sure nothing else is up.. Sorry, to babble here.

Crystal, I'm sure you are lurking, so GOOD Morning in Advance.! Hope you had a good night sleep and have a good day at that. I will be at my grandmothers today...Haven't seen her in a while.

Everyone else, Penny, Michelle, ROxy, Chris, Jaymie, Sprnyn, Geri, Kristin, Cindi, Jill, Deana and anyone I've missed, Have a GREAT DAY!!

mamawithdreams
12-10-2004, 07:52 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Mel, I wasn't quite lurking when you were, but not long after. Sorry about being bummed about not losing. Our bodies do get in a plateau and this is where most people would give up. But if you don't, you'll be amazed soon enough.

I slept so so. If you add the hours together minus the interruptions, it's not bad. But those durn interruptions are what gets to me.

Michelle, if this BLC is 8 weeks and then you take a month off, I may be able to join the next one. I'll have the baby in about 8 weeks and 4 weeks is plenty I think for me to get back in the game. Yippee, that excites me. Now I'm really anxious to see how you all do on this one.

Well, we had girl scouts last night and I was glad we went even though I didn't want to. Alisa got to paint and she met a new friend that lives about 6 minutes down the road from me, she's 6 and is homeschooled. That was really neat. A new friend.
Today, we'll start seeing some wall boards going up on the exterior of the house, which will be nice to close it in. Then by Sunday and Monday, they'll deck the roof and by Tuesday no later than Wednesday it should be dried in minus the windows and doors. I've been wanting the walls up so I can go sweep the house out and me and the kids can go in there and sort of fantasize and enjoy it.
Okay, I'm staying home today. Got the inspector coming to inspect my car sometime. Tomorrow is our Christmas parade and I guess we'll go, my mil and her dh are in it. Afterwards, she's taking the girls for the day to go Christmas shopping.
I've got to get school prepared. TTYL
Hope you all have a GREAT day.

1hot_tomato
12-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Good Morning! :coffee2:

I'm getting a good fire going this morning, it's chilly! We had 1" and1/2 of snow this morning. Pretty. I feel almost guilty, saying this after Mel's post( hardest workout mama I know), but I weighed in today and lost 4 lbs.! It could only be the GuzzleP method (lots of water). Anyway Mel, I have so much to lose nobody's even noticed yet. Cept me with my clothes a bit.
I am feeling better, definitely more energy. So I'll take that! I don't want to be a supermodel for Pete's sake, I want to be healthy. Don't have much planned for the day. I was hoping to do a craft project later, maybe.

Mel- don't be discouraged! You WILL lose, I'm positive. You have to be burning more calories than you are taking in with all the exercise you do. Maybe the doc can make a suggestion. You aren't eating any sugar or refined junk, huh? I'm doing Atkins, and if we stall out it's hidden sugars or carbs. but you're counting calories. There are good calories and bad. Try adding something to your diet that take more calories to burn that is nutritionally a caloric value, such as cabbage. Shredded cabbage salad with SF FF dressing.
Hard to give advice when we are doing different things. You are doing so great, everyday I look at your posts and am amazed at the grueling workout you are doing. My hero! :D This too shall pass!

Crystal- glad the house is taking shape. It is so exciting! Hope everything goes good at scouts. Nice that Alisa made a new friend! Hard to do that when you're homeschooling!

I better go do something...guess what, they are all still asleep! I can't believe it!!!!!! Whoooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

Deana1113
12-10-2004, 10:08 AM
!!! GOOD MORNING LADIES !!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I had a long, emotionally draining day yesterday. Had a 2.5 hour conference at school, went to Curves, took dd shopping, scouts after school, fixed supper then off to leader's meeting. I didn't get home til 8:30 then bedtime and a couple phone calls! I read posts last night but didn't have the energy to post. So I will try to remember what I can from yesterday's.

Crystal: I got your gift yesterday! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I have always thought of collecting them but never could bring myself to splurge on them. BTW, Crystal got me a Christmas 2004 Collectors plate from Avon. It is soooooo cute. It's a snowman and friends trimming the tree. It's perfect to put out this time of year and it will be every year to come......As far as the mug, go ahead and put your coffee in it. I use mine every day and just handwash it each day. The heat will make the paint a bit "soft" but won't make it run or anything. I would just worry about the heat taking it off in the dishwasher. I hope you are enjoying your coffees! :coffee:

Penny: GREAT news about Andrew!!! Hope he continues to inprove and has no further problems. What more could a mom ask for this time of year! :)

Angel: Keep pluggin at it, it will fall together and you will start seeing a change.

Mel: I wish I knew what to tell you about not losing like you expect to. I would be frustrated to, but don't give up. Those pounds are bound to melt away soon.

I really can't remember much else so I will just say that I hope everyone has a great day today and stays OP.

I will helping Abby wrap the gifts she got for her brothers, then she has preschool and while she's there I'm taking Erik to shop for the younger 3, then dh goes back to work tonight. Only 7 more nights then he's off for the holidays. Gee am I gonna work up a list of things to get done.....hehehe :devil: .

Better get with it.

TTYL

mamawithdreams
12-10-2004, 10:09 AM
Roxy, WTG on that loss. That is awesome. I bet that snow is beautiful. We don't get much if any here in Texas. And if we do it's about February before we'll see it. Even at that, 90% of the time it's icy rather than snowy. Last year, though we got about 6" or so of the powdery snow that I probably have only seen less than 5 times ever.

Mel, I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier or why no one else has yet either, BUT, muscle weighs more than fat. And you are doing ALOT of weight training which your lack of loss probably is more of a gain in muscle. I mean you're probably toning alot more and your muscles are taking shape rather than just losing weight. So look at it on the bright side, you are probably going to be one toned mama. Hope that helps.

Okay, I didn't feel like schooling today, but we HAD to take a spelling test. Alisa has NOT been doing good on her spelling tests, so I gave her the option, if she passed her spelling test, we wouldn't do anymore school today. Well, she passed with a 78. Yippee for her and me, I didn't want to do more than that. I've got to get my hair dried and Andrew is getting cranky so I've got to deal with that.
TTYL

Deana1113
12-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Roxy: You snuck in on me......:bravo: :cheer: on the 4 pounds!!! Great going even if it is the GuzzleP method :lol3:

mamawithdreams
12-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Deana, I'm so glad you got your gift. I do hope you really like it. I thought it was really cute. I love personalized gifts as well as dated things. I like to look back in many years and think of the time I got something that is dated. I hope you do enjoy it. Avon has some of the cutest things. I also love to collect Christmas things. And I don't really "collect" anything, I just like having lots of things to put out this time of year. I get tired of only my livingroom being done, I'd like to have things in all my rooms.
Sorry about your day yesterday. Hope it slows down a bit for you today.

1hot_tomato
12-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Deana!
You're quite sneeky yourself! Hope you have a more laid back day today. Great that you got out to Curves. Bet you'll be crocheting stockings today, how many do you have done? Well... they are awake now. Better go feed them!

chrily
12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Good morning. Sorry about being MIA yesterday. I worked, fixed dinner, then went caroling with the girls' school, then settled in to watch ER.

Mel-I'm like you. I'm so close to being in ONEderland...and haven't budged from my weight in about 3 weeks. It is frustrating. But like Crystal said, muscle weighs more than fat. I'd go by how you look and feel more than the scale. I swear the scale can be our best friend or our worst enemy.

Crystal-You kind of feel like me today. I don't feel like doing much either. I'm just drained today. 8 weeks to go. I can remember that feeling. So close and yet so far.

Roxy-WTG on the 4 lbs. The GuzzleP method works!!!! Right now, I'd take any weight loss I can get just to get into ONEderland. I get in these funks, and just feel like throwing in the whole towel. WW doesn't seem to be working for me as well as it did in the beginning. I'm a "results" kind of person and I'm not seeing any.

Deana-Slow down girl before you break you back. You are soooo busy. How do you do it? I'm lucky if I can stay on top of laundry. Maybe if I had more energy, things wouldn't seem so overwhelming.

Okay...My dh went to the doctor last week and they called with his bloodwork results on Wed. night. His TSH level is more elevated so they had to increase his thyroid medication. He has 3 lumps on his thyroid and between 3 doctors they can't decide whether its cancerous or not. So they have labeled the biopsy results inconclusive...even though one says it is cancerous. I'm really worried about him because he's so tired all the time again, just like when we found out in May that he is hypothyroid. He falls asleep at the drop of a hat and has a hard time making it through the day. Okay, I'm done venting. I just wish he was his old self again. I'm sure Michelle can relate to this.

BTW-How are you Michelle? Lurking or sleeping? lol.

Penny-Congratulations on Andrews test results. I bet that is a big relief. Talk about a great Christmas gift!

To all you other sahm/desperate housewives, I'm off to do other things. I have a whole 3 loads of laundry to do and a house to clean before I take off to my sister's house. She's going to "use" me today. (that's how she put it). I have to help her make Christmas cookies. I think they are for a Girl Scout Christmas party. She's a leader and she utilizes all her resources...(her sisters!)

~chris

1hot_tomato
12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Morning to you Chris- so sorry to hear about DH! As if you didn't have enough health issues! Oh dear, I'll say a prayer for DH today, I hope that one doctor is wrong. God Bless.

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Chris Its soo wierd that your brother and I have some of the same health problems. He has sarcoidosis too doesn't he? I'm guessing by your post that he already had an FNA done on the nodules on his thyroid? Have they done an uptake scan yet? Before i had my nodule removed they did teh uptake scan on me and it showed that my nodule was producing almost all of my hormone in massive amounts, so massive they were amazed I didn't have a heart attack. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Deana slow the heck down your making me dizzy!!

Crystal, yes you'd definately be able to take part in our next challenge!! It will be awesome!! Money is a good motivator lol!

Mel, don't worry girly you will start to see results soon, I'm sure! I also think that part of it is that you are building muscle and replacing fat. oh yeah, are you waiting to weigh untill you pee in the morning? I always weigh after I pee in the morning.

Roxy, what do you have planned today?

Well I got a cranky baby so I better gett off of here! TTYL!!
Michelle

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Chris I'm a ****** lol I thought you said your brother LOL! but still your family has the same health complications that I do, we must be related LOL.

ECmom
12-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Good morning....just a quick hello to say that I am still alive, stressed out but alive.
Lots going on this week, car troubles (big time!) you name it....the good part is that it has kept me home a bit more. Sort of the wrong time of year for that, as I have so much shopping to do. Oh well.

Chris, I hope your Dh is feeling better and that something treatable and conclusive comes out of this testing. It has to be tough on you too!! BTW- the check cleared for WW magazine, I guess you should be seeing a copy in the mail next month (I hope!).

Melissa- sorry the scale was not kind to you.....I know that WW suggests when you hit a plateau to shake things up a bit.....try a different kind of excercise, eat some different foods. The body just loves to hold on to that lousy fat......don't you wish it would resist adding it as much as it hates losing it??????? Hang in there....

Roxy- congrats on the loss.
Hi to everyone else, I am sorry not to get personal with everyone~ I am such a burnout this week. Take care!
Ginny

chrily
12-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Michelle-What is an uptake scan? My dh had 2 ultrasounds done and one biopsy so far and tons of blood work. In May, he went to the emergency room because he thought he was having a heart attack. That's when he found out his thyroid wasn't working at all. Now he is on thryoid meds, Nexium for his acid reflux, and advicor for his super high tri-glycerides. His doc said if he doesn't get that under control, he only has about 10 years maxium before he'll die of a heart attack. Not what dh wanted to hear, I'm sure but I think he needed to hear that. Who knows what they are gonna do now. Well you were right...my brother does have sarcoidosis and my mom has it too. I think she may also have RA but she won't go get that checked out. She is also diabetic.

My dh has a bad family history too. His mom has emphysema, diabetes, and congestive heart failure. We almost lost her 2 times last year. His sister, and 2 brothers are also diabetic and asthmatic. One had a heart attack at 35. One of his other brother's is battling lung cancer. His only sister is end-stage renal failure from her diabetes. She'll be doing dialysis soon. So as you can tell, his family isn't really a healthy lot either.

My family has all the auto-immune diseases and his has the lung, heart, and endocrine problems.
I am so trying to get motivated. I have my kitchen half cleaned up. Just need to mop. I need to get that darn laundry going though. If I fall behind on one day, then I'm doing it for the next few days. I'm surprised our washer hasn't blown up yet.

~chris

sharqueen76
12-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Hello ladies!! How is everyone today?? Today I only have my son and nephew during the day. We're getting ready to go grocery shopping. I'm going to make it a point to pick out foods for the challenge. I am going to buy the Hollywood diet drink today too. I've done it before and lost 8 pounds..I just want to cleanse my body before the challenge and get rid of any water weight. I can't believe Christmas is only 2 weeks away!! Is everyone ready yet??

Michelle~ Hey!! I asked about the gift card because Sherry wanted to know about it. I believe you're very honest. I can't wait to start this challenge. I know it's going to be fun.

Crystal~ good afternoon! How's your day going??

Mel~ Do you notice a change in the way your clothes are fitting you?? I think since you are weight training you should measure your progress by the way your clothes fit you. That's what I did when I was going to the gym because like you the scale wouldn't move but the way my clothes were fitting me told the story. Also you may want to lower your calorie intake a bit too. I am on 1500 calories a day and that seems to work for me. Hang in there, you're doing great!!

Okay, I better go before the kids get home but I will bbl promise..to finish posting to everyone I missed.. See you in a bit!

sharqueen76
12-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Oh before I forget I added some of you ladies to my yahoo and MSN. I would love to chat sometime. I know I added Penny, Mel, Michelle and Jill. Feel free to IM me sometime. You gals are great!!

sharqueen76
12-10-2004, 12:12 PM
I know I should really get going but I also wanted to say that any of you other ladies can feel free to IM me too! I would love to chat with all of you. Since I have been here my motivation to workout and stay fit has finally come back! Thank you all soo much for your words of encouragement and just for being wonderful ladies to chat with. I wish I could've found this site sooner....okay, I'm really leaving now :)!

sydsmom
12-10-2004, 12:15 PM
hi gals - yes Im alive, just super busy! :)
I hope to get back here later today to get more personal and catch up! I have missed so muc I think! Have a good day ya'l! :)

:grouphug:

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Jeniqua hey girly, I never got a thing saying you added me, try and add me again, my yahoo is redsox8252001 :) I know you were just asking about the cards cuz Sherry did :) I was just curious if Sherry was going to take part in the challenge or not. :D

Chris an uptake scan: They had me take a nuclear pill, that would make my thyroid show colored on the scan, so I took the pill and came back a few hours later and they scan it, and then left and came back a few hours later again and they scanned it again. They also measured the radiation coming off of my thyroid. It showed my doctors that my nodule was a "hot" nodule which is less likely to be cancerous than a "cold" nodule. HTH if you need any more info just ask and if I know the answer I'll be happy to help :)

Michelle

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 12:22 PM
hey Krissy!!! :D

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello Everyone! Whew… I had a hard morning… I set my alarm clock for 30 minutes earlier hoping that I would get a early start.. (little 2 mile WATP, maybe) But that didn’t happen! Before I could even get up.. Which was like 6:25 my daughter woke up crying and It took her 30 minutes to get back to sleep.. Which I had then to wake her up again to take my son to school! She stayed sleep at first.. But when we got home it was pouring down raining and the rain drops woke her up. So it took me another hour to get her back to sleep.. Or so I think.. Because I fell asleep myself! I wanted to get some extra exercise in because I have been pigging out on cornbread. Although I used egg beaters and f/f milk to make it …. Still its not good! LOL So… anyways I did get in an hour today.. Along with 2 more slices of cornbread… so I need to exercise some more to burn off yesterdays and todays! LOL Yeah right! Good luck to me! LOL Hopefully on my daughters next nap! YAY! I know I can’t lose these 20 or so lbs in 3 weeks… but I want to lose some inches so I can at least fit into my favorite pair of jeans again! Or at least some of my clothes! Right now.. Nothing is fitting right! Boy.. It sounds like I’m complaining ain’t it?!? Just talking really!

So who all is in the Biggest Loser thingy? I thought about it… but I barely have time to do the lousy exercises and stuff… taking pictures every week and posting them.. Hmm don’t know. Sounds great and fun though…. I need something positive to look forward to. Those list of exercises on there… do we have to do those particular ones or what?! Am I even supposed to ask you about it on here?!? I’m confused! Lmao.. So moving on….

Mel…. Ive definitely had days like that…. But sometimes you have to be patient.. Because one week I may not lose nothing… and then the next week.. 5 or 6 lbs… Just keep up the great work!

Roxy.. Congrats girl!! :cheer: :cheer: Keep it up!

Chris.. I’m so sorry about your DH!! I’ll keep you both in my prayers!

I’m sooo not ready for Christmas!! I haven’t bought ONE THING!! NO MONEY!! BLAHHHHH!! LOL Who cares.. I’m just glad to get to see my family! I just want to hold on the everyone for ever!!!!

Well I hope this was long.. I know I missed some of you. But the daughter is calling! Like always! I hope everyone has a great day!

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Jaymi, The BLC doesn't require that you do the challenges but you get bonus points for completeing them. The one thing I want to stress, is that if you can't commit to yourself and the challenge then don't sign up. This challenge is a committment that all have signed up have made to themselves and the group as a whole. The money is a great incentive at the end especially right after the holidays :) If you want to see who has signed up you can see the BLC sign up list on the msn group site :) Also take a minute to read through the guidelines they are pretty straight forward. Even if you don't join this challenge we will have another one in 12 weeks.

melmcc99
12-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Deana, sorry you had such a hectic day yesterday! Glad you are still getting to curves. So exciting abou the xmas plate. Enjoy it!

Chris, sorry to hear about those thyroid problems db is having. I hope all works out ok.

Crystal and Roxy, thanks for the words of encouragement! Congrats on the loss Roxy. I'm happy for you.

To all of you. I know I've gained muscle in my 8 weeks of PT. I just wish some weight would come off already. I mean how much muscle could I be gaining!!??? Muschle is 25% more. I keep thinking this way....If I have gained 8pounds of muscle and lost 8 pounds of fat, I'd have gained 2 pounds... So I know, I should be ok, but come on. I just want the 4.5 pounds to kick the dust already. Get me into wonderland like chris said!

Michelle, LOL, yes I do the p method before weighing. I try to wait longer if you know what I mean!

Ginny, sorry to hear abou the car trouble. That stinks. BTW, My trainer has been switching my workouts daily from the beggining. I was fixed ont he ARch Trainer though, so she has my doing a Precore machine and switching to something dif everyday.

Hey Jaymi, sorry to hear you didn't get in that exercise today! Try later again! Also, I have been stuck at 204 since September. You've been away, but I've been workin out daily and eating right since September and nothing!!! YUK. Anyway, have a great day. Cheer UP!

Busy here today. I have to go Get Abigail at school. Checkin again later.

1hot_tomato
12-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Afternoon!

Just a goofy day for me. I don't feel like doing any housework today. I feel like playing hooky and playing all day doing something fun. Well, felt like it anyway!

Hi Michelle- I drank something with caffeine in it too late in the afternoon yesterday and I was just laying there for half the night. Argh! I almost went on to see if you were up spookin' around too. But I didn't think you'd be up at 2:00! Wow, you have alot of health issues too, and you're so young! Do these things run in your family or are you the only one?

Jeniqua-Howdy! Glad your having more of a slower day too! Yes, I love this site too! It's been the driving force for keeping me on the straight and narrow too.

Chris-Lots of bad boogeys in the family tree. Hopefully, This will all be resolved for you all. :crossed:

Jaymi-Glad you got some rest in...killer corn bread, huh?

Hi Ginny, Cindi, Deana, Jill and all the rest of ya!

What happened to our Canadian Friend?

I am available to chat too: talley10man on Y! I've always got a ear, shoulder and fingers too!
~Roxy

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 05:02 PM
Roxy, Unfortunately I'm the only one with all the med. complications. I'm just thankful that its not as bad as it could be :) Sorr you were up all night :( that happens to me all the time as you know :) I've been sleeping most of the day since I haven't been getting much sleep :) Hubby was home to care for the kiddos

Mel I think you are doing so well on the workouts!! Keep it up sweetie pie!!

Okay I gotta think about getting ready for work lol. I don't wanna though :(
oh well
TTYL!!!
Michelle

mompen
12-10-2004, 05:28 PM
I finally got my cancer warrior!

Her name is Madie Ice and she is the same age as my oldest, Hunter... Come visit her page and post on her guestbook! :)

www.caringbridge.org/ga/madieice

chrily
12-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi Roxy-Are you still goofin off? I'm trying to get the will back to get some junk done. I better soon, before my dh thinks I'm the worst wifey in the world.

Michelle-You poor honey. I hope you get some sleep soon. I hate not getting enough sleep. Feel like a zombie. Well we got rain here this morning. What did you get?

Mel-How was that workout? I wish I had a good way to tone up and build muscle. I can't do anything that with alot of reps or I'm aching for days afterwards. I think I'd have an easier time of losing this weight if I did have some more muscle to me. Oh well.

Jaymi-So glad to see you back? It does sound like you're doing better. :) Have a great day!

HEy Kristin...and Crystal...and Penny....and Cindi...and Jeniqua...and...well hi to you all.
~chris

Angel Marie
12-10-2004, 06:34 PM
Hello ladies-I'm doing it.didn't eat before bed last night either.that makes 2nights in a row.yeah for me.I have to skip dinner my snack was to big.I had some nuts,a bowl of basic four cereal,a reduced fat on wheat pb&j and I think thats it.I'm going to eat something really small so my body don't think it's starving but not a whole dinner.Anyways,my gym is going to do a body scan on Monday and i'm going to go and get it.It's free,this is the best gym ever.so far all i've paid is my monthly payment of 29 dollars and i've taken 4 or 5 different classes plus my normal workouts on the eliptical and weight machines and now their doing this body scan thing and it's free.I think it's great considering how most gyms, you have to pay for membership then you have to pay more for classes and none of the other gyms have daycare.I haven't used the daycare yet but if I do it's only 3bucks and thats for all the kids not for each kid like i thought.anyhow.
Hope everyone is doing well and getting into the holiday spirit,i'm trying to.My kids have been testy for a couple of days so i'm trying to get a break from them by letting them watch t.v. and eat popcorn in their rooms.(which I never do normally) so I can just breathe and be by myself for a day.Well love to all got to go find something for supper since I didn't have anything planned and everything is frozen.Kids will probly have soup and sandwhiches.Healthy and easy.I don't know what i'll fix dh.TTYL Happy holidays. :D

sharqueen76
12-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone. All the kids that I watch are gone. I did great with my grocery shopping. I brought seperate stuff just for this challenge. You will all be proud to know that I didn't buy any coca cola!! I know I'm going to go through withdrawl but I'll get through it. I brought the flavored sparkling waters..the one's with no calories. I also brought salad, fruit and even green vegetables(I'm not a fan of green vegetables) My mom used to make broccoli with a cheese sauce so I figure I can do that if I have to. I didn't buy the Hollywood diet drink. I decided to just drink water until I float away in order to cleanse myself..LOL!!

Michelle~ Sherry isn't going to do the challenge. I added you again..I hope you got it this time. My digital camera is broken but my aunt is going to take my picture for me every week. How long is the challenge for?? It starts Sunday, right? MIchelle is what you have painful? I never heard of it before. How was your day?? I look forward to chatting with you sometime.

Chris~ Hi!! I need someone to really push me this weekend to get things done..LOL! I hope you had a great day.

Roxy~ Way to go with the weight loss!! You're doing great. Today I should've cleaned but I didn't..I just relaxed and it felt good. Tonight I will start cleaning and finish tomorrow. I really want to thouroghly clean. I have so many kid clothes I need to get rid of that my kids have outgrown. My husband is a pack rat. He keeps anything and everything. I guess I'm going to be burning alot of calories tomorrow :).

Jaymi~ I don't believe I've introduced myself you yet. I am fairly new here and love it! My name is Jeniqua. I am 28 years old, married with 3 children Jasmine 5, Juliesa 3(will be 4 Dec. 27th) and Joseph Travis 2 1/2 (call him JT for short). I am a SAHM. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Penny~ How was your workout?? How was your day.

Kristin~ HI!! Hurry back, we want to hear from you.

Deana~ Girl, slow down!! LOL! Was today a little easier??

Okay, well I better go but I will be back before I go to bed..If I forgot anyone I will be back!

melmcc99
12-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey all, going to post my pics on the BLC board. Don't mind the bad pic, but it did it's job.

Penny, so glad you got your cancer warrier!

Chris, maybe don't do lots fo reps. Do 5 sits up every couple of hours. Would that help? I know what you mean though. My friend has fybromialya. sp?? she gets terrible pains for days if she does too much. ttyl

Jaymi_Dol_78
12-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Hello All!!! I’ve stayed OP for most of the day.. Except for the cornbread! LOL Da*n that cornbread! But Its all gone now! I did get 2 hours of exercise in… (trying to make up for it) I’m pooped! I hope I burned some of the calories off! Sheesh! I thought I exercised twice yesterday… but I can’t remember!! That’s bad.. I’m getting old!

Mel- I know I’ve been lost for a while! :lol: I’m just saying.. I’ve been struggling with my weight since 1997! Maybe it’s just how MY body works… but YOU said it. You’ve been doing everything right! You’ve been working soo hard… And so the numbers may not show how hard you are working and how great you are doing… I wish I could snap my fingers and make the numbers go down.. I wish someone could do that for me too! LOL But for the record.. I want you to know that I’m very proud of you! I think you are doing a great job… and I wish I would be working as hard as you because I wouldn’t be here right now…. Relosing the same weight… at least not all of it! Have you taken any measurements?!?! You may have lost hella inches and don’t realize it.

Angel- What gym is that! That’s cool! What’s a body scan anyway? I just know it sounds Kool! LOL

Hey Jeniqua! I’m Jaymi (of course) I’m married with 2 kiddos. My son Jake is 7, and my daughter Jariel is 2... But you probably see that on my tickers huh?!? Duh! LOL I’ve been married for 3 years. I’m from TX… but now we are in SC. I look forward to getting to know you also!

Well I guess I need to go shower and get ready for bed. DH isn’t home yet… and I’m tired as who knows what. I got to work extra hard this weekend to make up for that freakin cornbread…. It’ll take a couple of days before it kicks in… Ok.. I’m not going to mention that word ANYMORE!! Off to watch the Golden girls!! Yay I bought the DVD!!! Murder she wrote…. Is my Christmas gift.. Can’t wait!!! Talk to you all soon!

mamawithdreams
12-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi all. Just checking in. Getting ready for bed. I'm tired, as always.
Didn't too much today except go look at a new vehicle. Dh narrowed it down to F150 supercrew. He wants a truck and doesn't like Dodge and it has to seat all of us, so he didn't give me a choice. Not so bad, though, I've always wanted a truck. Anyways, looks like I'll get one, the dealer has to find the right one in the right color. He'll call me in the morning.
Andrew and I are going to watch the girls in the parade tomorrow with my mil. Then we'll have the day to ourselves. Probably come home and nap, then work in the house, the new house, just cleaning up some. Maybe go finish up some Christmas shopping later on.
I hope everyone had a great day. Hope everyone has a great night and a great weekend. I'm sure I'll be on here in the morning, except we do have to leave early to get the girls to the parade.
Hi to all you desperate housewives. TTYL

MichelleRae
12-10-2004, 11:42 PM
Jeniqua, No my sarcoidosis isn't painful at least it doesnt always cause me pain, the worst parts of it is that I have pretty low lung capacity due to damage from the disease. There is no cure for it but it can go into a "remission" type state. I do get recurrent chest pain every so often which I'm guessing has always been pleurisy, and I'm also at high risk for pneumonia, flu, bronchial illnesses but I take steroids for my lungs, hormones for my thyroid replacement, and vioxx for my chest pain, or atleast until my bottle is empty then I'll have to try something else. I did get your yahoo thing added now :) so we can chat sometime!!

I hope you all have a great night!!

MichelleRae
12-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Just wanted to remind you all that there is ONE DAY left til the start of the BLC!!!!!! One day of freedom left!!! Enjoy yourself now cuz starting Sunday we are on track and committed to our health!! If you want to sign up please do it now as we are starting on Sunday! Once the challenge has started no one else will be permitted to join until the next challenge begins!! No exceptions!! Please also remember that if you have signed up that you have made a commitment to other members of the challenge to send a $10 walmart card to the winner at the end of the challenge! No exceptions to this rule either!

Jeniqua, I think its great that your sister will take your pic for you since your camera is broken remember we need one posted every sunday for the full 8 weeks!! :) Did you get your measurements taken as well, because those points will add up too, remember an inch lost is worth 3 points and a pound lost is worth 1 point and then all the challenges count towards points as well. Will Sherri still be posting with out group? I hope that nothing was done to offend her :) I haven't seen a post from her for a few days now, send her our best wishes :)

I also want to let all participants know that if you go to the gym, you will be awarded 1 point for each half hour spent at the gym! Now if you use the treadmill at the gym on our walking/running challenge days, you are NOT permitted to count the time you spent on the treadmill/elliptical as gym time if you are counting it towards your challenge for the bonus points. So, say you spent an hour at the gym but 30 minutes was on the treadmill, count the treadmill towards your bonus points for that days challenge and not towards "gym time" you will still get 1 point for the remaining 30 minutes you spent at the gym doing the rest of your workout!

mamawithdreams
12-11-2004, 07:19 AM
starting a new thread