Old 12-08-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday Chat - December 8th

Good Morning,

I have a 1/2 of a nano second to say hello

I miss you all. Everything here is good, the boss is nice (and cute, yeah I keep mentioning that cause he is its good eye candy).

Talk to you all soon.

Hope the season is wonderful for you all so far.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:31 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Are you EVER going to have time to talk to us again for more than a second? Glad the boss is nice and having eye candy is a definite plus

It's halfway through the week. I have a funeral to go to tonight. I have MORE errands to run after work today (does shopping count as trek miles? ) and I'm hoping TODAY I can get more of the Christmas stuff done and over so that I can quit worrying that I'm forgetting someone or they won't get what they want. GR!!! Before too much longer I'm going to say and get them gift certificates Good news! The scale not only went down...it's down BELOW (ok, only a pound. But THAT is exciting to see for me!!) my siggie weight. I'm HOPING that on Saturday for my official WI day it's down also. I'm tired. ARGH!! Was feeling a little sick at work yesterday so ate a couple saltine crackers. Thought it would stop the weight loss but it didn't seem to affect it thank goodness! I'm thinking I was just hungry and didn't realise it. Know what I mean? Anyway, need to find something to bring to work that won't affect my weight, yet satisfy my hunger.
Hope you all have a great day I can't wait til Friday. I have off from work. WOOHOO!!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 08:57 AM   #3  

Good morning

Feeling a little better today. Going to try and put on a happy face for my DH. He doesn't need me depressed on top of all his other stresses.

Was a very brave girl this morning and hopped on the scale. Oh boy am I up. So I am fightin mad now. I have all legal stuff with me today and I am getting back on the shtick! No more misses nice guy.

Pray that I will stay away from the vending machine today......PLEASE!

Leenie: So he isn't so bad after all? Don't worry about us....we are doing just fine. We miss you but glad you can pop in when you can.

Brenda: I still have a few things to get but I finished all of my handmade gifts so that is a relief. I am thinking of going shopping tonight but Filenes is having a 50% off sale and I bet it is going to be mobbed! I will do a drive by at the mall and see........ Congrats on that scale victory!

Off to work I go.....trying to be happy today.....see me smile
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 09:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Why is it that we are all feeling so down??? I'm usually roaming the halls singing Christmas carols and dancing like and idiot. This year I can't even force myself to accept the fact that Christmas is now LESS THAN 2 weeks away! My goodness I don't even have 1/2 of my shopping done!!

Why is it so depressing this year? I was really bad until I woke up Monday morning, then I gradually began to get better. I'm still not my usual "addicted to Christmas" self!

We've got to find our Christmas spirit girls!!!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
The Princess O' Pets

Well I am feeling GREAT this morning (sorry gals!!) I have had great Xams spirit this year it has been my Atkins spirit that has been down... But I feel good today!!! I went to the gym yesterday and did 7 miles. I also stayed OP with the exception of a bannana and I personally want to thank Rachel for her inspiring posts yesterday to Jane (you thought you were just helping Jane but I was listening too!!! ) I decided to add a little bit of "good carbs" into my diet and vary it a little and it felt good, and after I ate the bannana I was able to stay OP all day. GREAT POST RACHAEL!!!!! Thanl you sooo much! Good carbs aren't bad carbs! hahahahaha that is my new motto. I also think varying the amount of carbs you eat daily is a great idea.

B- Save yourself the trouble and just get Gift cert's people like to buy what they want anyway!!! Go to Safeway they have Gift cert's for all kinds of stores!!!

Jane- A big dose of scale reality never hurt anyone, I like you fightin' mad!!! ahahahahah

Lennie, I miss you gal, ooooooo eye candy!!! Star would love that!!!

Lori- I know how you feel last year I was Xmas down, watch a Christmas Story a couple hundred times, that might work!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:52 AM   #6  

Lori: I usually have an aray of Christmas CD's in my car and play them everyday...not this year I forced myself to do the Christmas cards this morning. BA Humbug!
Maybe a little christmas "spirit" is exactly what we need

TG: Oh you happy people! I am going to pick up some fruit too....it sounded so good yesterday when Rachel mentioned it.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #7  
a.k.a. Roxy

Hi all!
Thanks for the welcome the other day! I didn't check in yesterday cause I had computer problems and spent alot of the time fixin' them. Man I hate pop-ups! I went back and read yesterday's posts. Ya'll are lacking the Christmas spirit, huh? Well, feel better I have 10 children (yes, they're all mine) to buy for and only 1/3 done! It is kinda dreary though, I don't blame you all for lack of spirit, somehow it doesn't feel Christmasy yet, just had Thanksgiving, what, last week?
I have been doing good OP but I have to say, since I'm nursing, and can't go induction and had to go right on to maintanance, I really crave sweets! Despite that, I feel so much better already having lost some weight.

MrsH- Congratulations on the pregnancy! Sorry, I don't know you all yet. I did very well on atkins maintanance during my pregancy, only gained 7 lbs. (overall) and had the best preg. ever!
I'll admit I am so overweight several children could live off my hoarded body fat! Kudos to you! Hope you are doing well...getting close!

Rachel-thanks for putting in that great post yesterday! I am kinda doing that too. Strict several days and allowing myself more of a free day now and then to avoid ripping candy away from the children and devouring it like a ravenous beast. Fruits a good pick if we get the urge.

Hi to all you others! I will learn who you all are, give me time and be patient please, I sometime go through 2-3 names before I get my own kids names right!

~Roxy
1hot_tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #8  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: Glad the boss is good eye candy!

Brenda: Way to go on the weight loss! My scale is going down, too!! I just hope it stays that way for the Monday weigh-in. Hope your weigh-in goes well!

Jane: I hope today goes well. Avoid that vending machine!

Lori: Try listening to favorite Christmas music, doing a holiday tradition, shopping, etc. -- anything to get you in the Christmas spirit!

TG: Glad you are doing so well. Keep it up!

Roxy: WOW! 10 kids, huh?!? I won't worry so much about having to shop for DH, my dad, brother and friends. I'm still under 10 with everyone! Welcome!!

Well, things are going well here, too. I've been right OP for a week and a half. I know that shouldn't be a major accomplishment, but for me, it is. I've also been exercising quite a bit, so I'm hoping all the effort will pay off on the scale!

I'm also in the Christmas spirit in a major way! I've been listening to music, looking at lights, shopping, etc. I love it all! I hope all of you ladies find the Christmas spirit -- it's awesome!

Hope y'all have a great day!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 03:39 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Jina: glad your scale is going down also. May I ask, why'd you choose MONDAY as a WI day? After all it follows a weekend ya know

Roxy: Lady, I give you TONS of credit! How do you manage with 10 kids? Oh my Lord, I have trouble with just my 2!!! Welcome and glad I'm not the only mis-name caller

TG: Sounds like you've got more than Christmas spirit! Sounds like you've got the Atkins spirit as well!! Keep it up!!!

Lori: I'm not sure what's up with the lack of Christmas spirit. Maybe because we're putting too much pressure on ourselves? Or that Christmas stuff came out BEFORE Halloween was even over so we're Christmas'd out? Dunno.

Jane: WOOHOO!! A fighting Jane! Hope things look up for you soon and you're not so sad that you have to pretend! Sending you a HUGE hug to hopefully help you through the day!!

Ok. Where to begin? Got some more Christmas shopping done. Forgot my list so had to fly home after work THEN go to the store. Spent 1/2 hour just trying on clothes for myself. Have the funeral to go to tonight. I settled on (Ok, don't faint now) a skirt yes, ME in a SKIRT!!! I swore I'd never wear one. But it's kind of cute. But a TAD on the tighter side than I'm comfortable with considering my gut isn't flat. But figured hey, what the heck. I'm going to wear it for Christmas and just change the "theme" and get a Christmas'y shirt for that (Was hoping to find a red silky number). Anyway, I got done w/my stuff for myself and then went back and forth through the store looking for the things on my list. So oldest is 3/4 done and youngest is 1/2 done. My mom is done. Now I just need to finish up my sis, DD's and DH and woohoo it's FINISHED (all except the wrapping and don't ya just LOVE gift bags? ) . OMG and ANOTHER shocker!!! I was in the grocery store and was actually HUMMING to the Christmas music! I always thought people that did that were bonkers! Guess I finally went senile!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:40 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

I'm off to go read yesterdays posts. I must have missed something!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 03:59 PM   #11  
Baby Steps

OH!!! While shopping for perfume for my mom (White Shoulders)....one of the ladies that works there stopped to help me find it. She then talked to me for about 5 minutes about perfume. She sprayed some White Diamonds on my wrist. WHEWW!!! That stuff is NICEEEE!!! I'm sticking THAT on my Christmas list
Old 12-08-2004, 04:03 PM   #12  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Hello everyone !!

Sorry I didnt post this morning I slept in a little bit & didnt have time to stop for a chat !! Hope everyone is ok !!

I am so glad I dont have to worry about X-mas shopping ! I have enough stress !! LOL

Roxy: Wow 10 children ???!! Wow girl !! Well my mom had 7 so thats close huh ? Bless you for having patience for all that !!

Alright I'll post early tomorrow morning so I can catch everyone !!
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:21 PM   #13  

10 KIDS! OMG....you are amazing. How on earth..........no never mind...I don't want to know
Old 12-08-2004, 04:31 PM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Brenda: Well, that's part of the reason I chose Monday -- because it does follow a weekend. It's supposed to keep me on track. Unfortunately, lately that hasn't worked. Hopefully, it will this week, though! It sounds like you're making some serious progress on the Christmas shopping -- way to go. I think I'm hitting the stores tonight!

Dawn: Hope things are going well for you!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #15  
Future Size 6

Default Hello!

*bounces in with a disgustingly chipper attitude*

Good afternoon! Hope no one minds my joining; I'm feeling friendly.

Leenie: Isn't it so much easier to show up for work when the "scenery" is nice?

Lady A: I think shopping is great exercise, especially this time of year, when it turns into a full-contact sport. Congratulations on the weight loss! Also, yay on the skirt! And humming Christmas carols is fun; you should try doing it in July and August, like I do. Enjoy the looks you get.

White Diamonds is one of my mom's favorite perfumes. I like it, but I generally go for more spicy scents, like Opium and such.

Jane: You go girl! Hold onto that feeling of determination. Remember the old Irish saying: "Fear is a fine spur. So is rage."

Lori: This is the first year in about three that I've had the Christmas spirit at all, so you're welcome to try to grab some of mine!

TG: Wow, seven miles! I'm exhausted just reading. Great job!

(Could I be using ANY more exclamation points?)

Roxy: I completely know what you mean about going through two or three names before hitting the right one. My sister and I finally learned to answer to either one, lol.

JDogg: It will pay off! Glad to see someone else in the spirit of the season.

Dawn: I slept in too, so don't feel bad. Man, I needed it.

First day on Induction here, and so far I'm feeling really good. Optimistic, energetic, all those revolting things, lol. I'm getting ready to go try my new Walk Away the Pounds video; I watched it last night and it really looks like fun. Then the Hubster and I are probably going to try a bit of Tae-Bo, if he doesn't get home too late. (Which he probably will.)

We're leaving on the 15th to go down to Louisiana and spend an early Christmas with my mom. I'm really hoping she LISTENS to me and doesn't bake/buy a lot of junk, because I've already told her I won't eat it. I don't like insulting her, but man...she's not the one who has to live with this body. I am, and I'm not going to let anyone sabotage me, no matter how good their intentions.

Also, someone kick me in the butt and make me do these Christmas cards already! Maybe I can force myself to sit down and do that tonight; I have lupus and my hands hurt a lot, so signing the cards and writing out the addresses can be hard. But I'm too stubborn (or dumb) to resort to computer labels yet.
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote