Support Groups - Battle of the Bulge #2

View Full Version : Battle of the Bulge #2

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi guys! Here is our new week- next time I will do this at the beginning of Sunday so I will probably switch it over Sat night really late so we can put our progress on the new weeks thread. Sorry- I am still feeling my way through this.

Enjoy the new thread and talk to you later,

Question for tomorrow: If you knew you were going to be stuck on an island and could only take 3 things what would they be?? and why?? You can start tonight if you want to..

Until later-
:spin: :spin: :spin:

stormy1
12-05-2004, 08:55 PM
#1 a boat that works
#2 enough gas to get me back to the mainland after I had enough of island life
#3 my hubby to keep me company

Crimegirl, Yes I am in school. I have a break until January. I decided last year that I would go back for my doctor of physical therapy. I already have a degree in PT but I always wanted to go back. I do not know what I was thinking! I now work full time and go to school full time, but I only have a year left of school work.

It is kind of embarassing for me to have gained this 40 + pounds especially when educating people on healthy lifestyles is part of my everyday job. I guess it is kind of like the doctors you see smoking outside of the hospital! Another thing that woke me up is seeing patients in their 30's who have already had heart attacks. That is really scary!

little grasshopper
12-05-2004, 10:43 PM
Crime Girl - you're doing a great job leading us!!! Keep up the great work. This is the most encouraging board I've seen and I'm so excited to be part of it!!

Stormy - I'm a massage therapist in a Naturapathic MD's office. I can completey relate to how you feel about gaining weight while you're suppose to represent a healthy lifestyle. I feel so guilty...to make matters harder, the MD's treat me for free and watched me gain all this weight - AFTER they taught me how to eat for my body. They put me on a program specifically for me, and I lost all this weight - then gained it. Couldn't have been more obvious I wasn't following their program...and waisted all their free treatment. Then all the clients are on their own diets too and I have to suppor them through it and I'm not even behaving myself. I can understand how you feel!! You're doing great now though and that's the important thing...plus you can look at all these people are really know where they're coming from (maybe you could do that before - don't know). Either way, I'm glad you're here. You'll hit your goal in no time!

Crime girl
12-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi everyone!

Just jumping on to see what is up and how you guys are doing! :D

Stormy- LOL!! I love your list!!! :rofl: :lol: You are so clever!! I love it! :lol: That really cheered me up so thanks!! As you know- I am in school too so I totally know how you feel although I am getting a masters in Criminology so not as much pressure to be skinny. Although- I got to tell you I have a lot of skinny people in my program so they make me feel like a blimp- and they are 7-8 years younger than me too. :lol: Anyway- so glad you are chatting and active on the board- I know you will hit your goal before you know it! Keep up the great work and don't lose that wonderful wit!

Little grasshopper- you do realize that the docs you work with don't expect you to be perfect, right? They realize you are human and I know they are applauding you getting motivated and trying to lose weight. It sounds like you are in a caring enviroment and that is great! :) The pressure to lose is good but don't think that they are thinking that you didn't take their advice. I only know you on this board and I know you have a lot of drive and ambition. I am sure they see that too.
Also- Thanks for the kind words- I love this board and I am glad that you are getting as much out of it as me. This has done me so much good- it feels so great to know that I have a circle of people that understand my pain and can help celebrate my victories! ;)

Keep up the great work everyone!!! If I can help anyone in anyway just let me know! I am out of school so I am going to concentrate on staying busy and not sitting on the couch.
More later from me -
:strong: :cb: :flow1: :dancer: :hyper: :twirly: :bubbles: :tread: :

kjk123
12-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Ok, so I just typed a nice long response, and lost it! I'm going to try to repeat everything, and if for some reason both show up, I apologize in advance!!!

My birthday weekend binging is over, and I am now going to rededicate myself to this thread, to all of you, and to my personal quest to lose weight! I am going to do my best to eat better and move much more this week!

Three things on an island..
1. matches - I'm not "Survivor" material, so I'd never have a fire without them!
2. bottled water - I love my water, and I certainly wouldn't want to boil it before drinking all the time.
3. some form of entertainment, probably my best friend Allie. We could entertain each other for hours on end!

Welcome to all of our new members! You will find that this group is immensely supportive and encouraging! Visit often!!!

Have a great night! Best of luck to everyone in starting their week, and to successfully accomplishing this week's goals! I'll talk to you all tomorrow!!!

Crime girl
12-06-2004, 12:36 AM
I thought I would do a little recap of all our victories and such for this week and every week on Sundays....
So for this week-

Little grasshopper- Walked Monday and Wed 2 miles around the lake while thinking of her future as a competitive marathon runner. Her plans are to maximize her yoga, get back into rock climbing, and of course buy some sexy panties once she meets her goal. In case you didn't know already she is a rice fanatic and I am sure we may have to one day put her into a "rice anonymous" program. Also-she has a dog that likes to snack on squirrels and is known in the squirrel kingdom by the nickname Cujo :lol: She has also lost 5 pounds this week :cp: and we are all so proud of her and we all knew she could do it! :D

Susanne- - She is diligently trying to get to the end of her semester- she has battled evil ice cream **** bent on trying to get her to eat it and still found time to hit the gym hard this week. When she meets her goal she is going to go to ballet lessons and plans to wear her bra on her head (no- wait- she wants her bra not to fit on her head) :lol: For those that don't know-she will be in "egg beater"anonymous class right next door to little grasshopper. :D She also lost 5 pounds this week and we are equally thrilled for her and proud of her accomplishment! :cp: We never doubted she could do it. !

oraki- She has been choosing healthy options for herself to eat and has stuck with her weight loss plan all week. She has exercised and worked hard all week long! She wants to learn to dance in high heels when she hits her goal and looks forward to the getting frisky with her hubby as well. ;) She has lost 7 pounds this week :cp: and we are elated!! We all knew she had it in her!

Donna- - She started the week with us with a bang and then was heard no more- we are hoping to hear from her soon. She avoided carrot cake at work, and her son got engaged this week! :cb: She plans to go bicycling to the mall to buy off rack clothes to look fab at her son's wedding once she meets her goal weight. I am not sure how much she has lost but I am sure she has done well this week. :D

Michimesh- Had a harder week than probably the rest of us- her mom is sick and she is in our thoughts and prayers. Despite the personal strife- Michimesh went to her first WW meeting this week! :bravo: She works FT and goes to school FT so she is a busy lady! When she hits her goal she wants to stare at her gorgeous self in the mirror ( I am betting she is already gorgeous) and buy herself some sexy clothes to show off her new bod! I am not sure how much she has lost this week but she was doing so well last we spoke! I bet she lost some this week and she should be really proud of herself! ;)

Phoenix walker- started the week with us and then was heard no more- hope she is OK. She was a real inspiration this week by walking with her little ones to workout! :) Despite the hardship she has not given up and I bet she has done well this week.

Jazzmine- She started the week with a bang getting 20,000 steps in right off the bat! Then the poor girl got sick- (hope you are feeling better) but she still stuck with her plan. Not sure how well she did but I am betting really well! We miss you- come back soon! :flow1:

kjk- She joined us during the week and we are happy to have her. She works really long hours and has made a commitment to losing weight. She plans to ride roller coasters, go swimming, and take a vacation when she gets to her goal. She also is getting a tattoo- I am not sure where on her bod and of what but it is a pact with friends. Her Birthday was this week! Happy Birthday!! :hb: :cp:

cinisha- She has been staying on her 1600 calorie diet and resisiting Burger King right out of her door at work. She has decided on having no junk in her house to derail herself and has been to the gym all week! Great job! :cp: She also had someone ask if she lost weight this week- bet that felt good. She wants to take some great pics of herself when she meets her goal weight.

Red Balloon and stormy- They have also joined us this week and we are so happy to have them on board. Stormy has already shown a 2 pound weight and I am sure they both will have a lot of success!! Welcome! :D

Me- I finished off my semester this week and stayed on plan for most of it. Despite my gain on the scales I am going to play the theme song to Rocky over and over until I get out there and show those scales who is boss! :lol:

:dance: :dancer:
:grouphug: for everyone!!!!

Cinisha1
12-06-2004, 01:35 AM
Hi ladies :wave: ..I don't have a scale in the house yet so I'll have to check in tomorrow with my progress. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

My three things stuck on an island:
1.a boat with everything on it(bed, toilet paper, water..)
2.a friend..preferably male
3.a cellphone

susanne
12-06-2004, 07:56 AM
GOod Morning!

...do I feel like posting?..no.....am I stressed out?..yes...do I feel like gabbing?.....no....so why am I here?..... because this is my worse mood when I say the **** with it and just eat myself silly ....so here I am here to whine at you all before I drag my unwilling butt to the gym. This is one of those days when everything gets to me and I could just as easily walk around crying about everthing and nothing and gain 10 pounds doing it....If I dont keep posting and gabbing I will fall off the wagon....ok Im going to start another message as I got interupted and am not sure this will post..

susanne
12-06-2004, 08:19 AM
Hi Again!

Stormy, I gained 50 pounds in 3 years of school...that was after losing 65. I couldnt get to the gym and for me, I dont think I can lose without becoming a gym rat. My knees are starting to bother me as well. Im glad you mentioned what you take for it.

Redballoon, measurements are good along with weight! I know what you mean... I work out too.

Grasshopper... I use to eat only organic. I was losing back then. I think I was just making better choices. I have to admit I felt a lot better as if I was on vitamins. When you eliminate all processed food, you feel a lot different.

Welcome back KJK!

I am running out of time so HI TO EVEYRONE ELSE!!

Crime Girl we are so blessed to have you as our leader.. I LOVED the synopsis. It helps keep us on top of things and helps us remember each others details.Thank you !! And remember...you are the boss!! ..the scale is little.. you can definately win a fight with it...it is a slimy, sneaky little bugger though..

Ok, least I be late and miss working out... I'm off... I'll be back later to whine....and hopefully I can tell you all that I let the house and was able to behave! Its like having ice cream cheerleaders in front of every store calling me in! I lost 5... all I need to do is lose like 2 a week and that will be 10 pound lose this month right?....

# things I would take?
1- a certain man I know...defintely!
2 a nice comfy king size bed
3- my bath stuff...( perfumes,french soaps,etc)

....wow that certainly paints a picture doesnt it?...lol

little grasshopper
12-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Susanne - sorry you're having a rough day!! We're here for you!! We all have those days. Post, whine, cry, do what ever you want - but you're going to the gym and that's great!!! Kudos to you for going while you feel so down! I'm proud of you!!!!

3 things I would take......wow susanne - making plans are you?? :)

1. company - toss up between doggies and BF today :)
2. something to make fire with
3. blankets - lots of snuggly blankets!

susanne
12-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Me Again!

Dragged my butt to the gym...went to class... stopped at moms for something and she had made HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!!!!.....god...just what I needed...why is it when you are down and out and ready to pig out..someone shows up with just the right food??....anyways...I am happy to report..I managed to escape with ony eating one small one!!!YAY!!!...I was scared I would leave with a bagful...but only had a little one..I decided to accept that as a victory.....and then I came home and had salad and a chicken thigh for lunch..so far so good.. thanks for listening to me whine...

Crime girl
12-06-2004, 02:56 PM
How is everyone today???

We seem to be chattering less and less- I am lonely- someone talk to me.. :lol:

Susanne- sorry you are having a lousy day. It will get better- I promise and you can get on here all you want to vent- that is what we are here for. :D

little grasshopper- - shame on you- you know you should take the dogs! :lol:

So far the lists have been great!! ;)
As for me today- I am getting ready to go walk around my neighborhood. After that it is a relaxation day for me before I start preparing for the next semester.
More later-

redballoon
12-06-2004, 03:37 PM
crime girl -- chattering less and less?!?!? This place has so many posts I can't keep up!! I come in, read them and have no time to respond because I've got to run. Now too, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all your work. Your summary of everybody is amazing. The time you put into this thread! no wonder you're looking for more response. Just know that we love you for it!

It's 5:30 a.m. here Tuesday and I've got to go to the stable to see my horse and ride. and I really shouldn't be but I got rained out the other day and I'm off to Hong Kong tomorrow for five days so won't see her for a good week. Have so much to do, but, thanks to this thread, am trying to not lose sight of my weight loss/health goals.

I will make time to talk in the near future! In the meantime, keep it up.

Bye for now!

little grasshopper
12-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi guys! Susanne - YOU GO GIRL!!! one cookie - I always thought that was impossilbe to do!! But wait - now WE have to do the same thing :) :) Seriously though - you did great!!!!!!!! Nicely done - great example!

Crimegirl - I was scared I was chatting too much - I'll run my mouth more :) :) Enjoy your relaxation day, you earned it!

Redballoon - I hope you enjoyed the horses!! Glad you got to see them before the trip!! Can you keep in touch in hong kong?? We Hope so!!

As for me, I haven't made it to walking yet. Planning to do it right after I post. It was raining this morning and I had a few clients running late - set my whole day behind....I'm still going though :) One thing I did do though and I'm so excited and proud. I made the best pot roast in the world :) :) (I might be biased a little) It's incredible!!! I was going to make soup out of it but I might not now. It is really really really good!!!!!! I'm having it with steamed veggies and a spinach salad with avocado, olive oil, and a little salt and pepper :) So excited about dinner. And it's healthy!! Why can't all meals be this way?? Instead of scrounging the cabinets for something decent to eat at the last minute. Okay gotta go if I'm going to walk. See you guys soon!!

susanne
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
Ok, cool.... no one thinks Im blabbing too much.....lol.... I just finsihed more salad and so far so good... I actually wish the gym was closer so I could go park my butt on hte treadmill some more.... but the storm is coming and that would be dumb since I dont even have snowtires and i have to pass this exam!!.....

Thank goodness there are no snacks in my house...only more salad.... and of course the ever looming presence of the scale.....Im waiting to see 233....just a pound....my test is wednesday...then I plan to kick butt at the gym more.

Gosh Grasshopper..that sounds good

REd baloon, i would love to ride someday...its on my list.
Ok, who got out there and walked?....

Crime girl
12-06-2004, 04:44 PM
I am back- I went walking and made it a little further than yesterday! :D

Susanne- Hang in there - Wed. is coming and afterwards it will feel so good to be out! I am so proud of you staying with it even under stress. Great job! :cp: Don't sweat one little cookie- tell your mom I said to cut it out with the temptation. I have to be honest- if it had been me I would have eaten every single one. :devil:

redballoon- Ok- maybe we are posting plenty and I just don't have a life now that I am out of school. ;) I am so jealous of your horse- I use to ride when I was younger and I really miss it. I think I am going to add that on to my list of things! :D Hope you can still chat with us as you travel!

Little Grasshopper- congrats on the pot roast- it is so much easier to stay on plan if you like what you are eating. :cb: Good for you! and you GO GIRL with the walking. :dance:

Okay- I will write more later trust me! Keep up the chatting- I love it! :)

stormy1
12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Crime girl, you sound like me...what do we do now that we are out of school on break? I am seeing more patients to make a little extra money, the Christmas shopping is done, the presents that needed to be mailed have been mailed, the decorations are up, the house is clean..etc, etc. Wow I guess if I was not in school I would have to have a baby or something. A baby is another reason why I want to drop this weight. I married young...at 19...we have been married almost 9 years! So of course I am getting tired of hearing "when are you going to have a baby?"

Today has been good so far. I drank a EAS low carb shake for breakfast and had a small portion of turkey and greenbeans for lunch. Before work I worked with weights for the upper body and did the elliptical for 20 minutes.

Susanne..how did you resist those cookies? Good for you...I have such a hard time resisting chocolate.

stormy1
12-06-2004, 05:07 PM
KJK123, happy late birthday!

Cinisha, I used to not keep a scale in the house either. Lately it seems like I want to throw out the scale. It is hard to only weigh once a week!

Little grasshopper, now your pot roast has me hungry for dinner!

oraki
12-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey everyone. I'm sorry I didn't post this morning. I can't post at work so I try to get on before I leave in the morning and then when I get back home. Right now I feel blah. I'm not sick or anything I just feel....blah. That's really the only way to describe it. I don't even have an appetite. The only thing I've had today was 2 apples and some crackers. Believe me that's so unusual for me. I'm not sick. I don't know what's wrong with me. I stayed late at work and now I really don't feel like exercising. But I'm going to. At least for 10 minutes.

susanne You only had one cookie??? GREAT JOB!!!! I'll be honest if I ate one I don't know if I would have been able to stop. That's why certain things right now I don't want at all.

redballon you have a horse? Oh that's so nice. Maybe you can post a picture so I can see one day?? :-)

stormy1 sounds like you're having a great day!! keep it up!!!

little grasshopper pot roast.....hmm that sounds good.....lol

I'll be back later to post more. I'm sitting down and I have to get my butt up if I'm going to exercise. If I stay sitting too much longer, I won't get up.

Healthy
12-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Yeah, a group of women who like to chat a much as myself!!! Grasshopper thanks for telling me about this group of women!

Crime Girl I really like your avatar... it looks a lot like me (quite busty and voluptuous rear :)) Let's see what to say...I started my diet today althought I haven't really decided on a weight loss plan. I guess it'a a combo Sugar Buster and South Beach. I'm going through perimenopause and according to the writers of the New Sugar Busters it's going to be quite difficult for me to lose weight because of the hormone issues. I'm on bcp trying to survive this new chapter in my life. I'm finally at the point where I feel like getting back into the gym. Right before I was blind sided with these perimenopausal symptoms I had started working out, firming up nicely, and feeling good about myself. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I'm new to this site, and I really don't know how to go about getting the buddy thing started, so I'm going to adopt all you ladies as my buddies.

To answer your question about 3 things on the island I'd need:
1. A boat
2. Family and friends
3. Entertainment

I'd enjoy being on the island for quite awhile...but I need to know that I can leave and return whenever I like.

kjk123
12-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi all!

Crimegirl - you are so important to this thread, thanks so much for your dedication to all of us and to our goals! I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts, although I don't have nearly enough time to post as I would like....

Let's see....haven't worked out yet today. I'm hoping to either walk, do Tae-Bo, or some yoga before bed. We'll see how I feel later. I did pretty well at lunch, had a small taco salad and some cottage cheese. I just have to do better at drinking more water. Now if I can get that workout in, I'll feel really productive.

I'll check back in after dinner. Hope everyone had a great day!!

Kelly

Healthy
12-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I just figured out how to add the tickerfactory tape to my signature. Let's see if this works.

stormy1
12-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Healthy, good job with the ticker. Welcome!

Oraki, maybe doing a little bit of exercise will get you energized. I hope you feel better soon!

Crime girl
12-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone!!

How is everyone this wonderful night??

Welcome healthy!! I like your name! We are glad to have you!! :D My avator is actually a pic of me when I was skinny! just kidding- it looks like me that is for sure..

Thanks kjk for the kind words- I have enjoyed so much talking to you guys that it is like a reward getting on here and talking. ;) Sounds like you are doing well- good job! :)

oraki- post when you can- we are always glad to hear from you. Shake off those blahs and move that Booty!! :lol:

stormy- I was laughing my butt off (dont I wish) at you out of school- :rofl: I am the same way- clean house-laundry done- I am creating chores for myself now. :lol: Did you tell us what you are studying and what year you are? If so- I think I missed it. :^:

Ok- just checking in- tomorrow I think we will do: If you could have anyone in the world's body- who would it be? :dizzy:

Ok- until later- let me know if the question is lame-

stormy1
12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Crime girl, I am getting my doctor of physical therapy. I have about one year left. I already have a degree in PT but had this crazy notion to go back for my doctor of physical therapy. I do not know what the heck I was thinking. :dizzy:

little grasshopper
12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
I would have Jude Law's.....oh wait - that's not what you meant! :)

Why are the evening's so hard. I just want to snack tonight. I had one SMALL bite of my rice icecream. that stuff is soooo good :) Had a cup of rose something tea with splenda....that was sooo good. I still want a snack though. Guess it's time to drink lots of water and go to bed!

Healthy - it's great to see you on the board!!
Oraki - I'm sorry you're feeling blah! Hope it passes soon and you feel yourself again.

Kjk - sounds like you're doing great - a taco salad sounds yummy!!!! I love cottage cheese too :) Yum!

Hi everyone else. Doggies are restless better go spend some quality time with them. Maggie is trying to crawl under my feet right now. She's a 75 pound lab that likes to burry her head when she gets scared. Right now she's doing it UNDER me. chow!

oraki
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
Okay I did 10 minutes and I feel a little better. Thanks everyone. Okay on an island, 3 things let's see

1. My husband!!!
2. A fully stocked yacht with enough fuel to get us back to civilization once we get bored
3. birth control lol :-)

stormy1
12-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Little grasshopper, where do you get rice icecream? What does it taste like?

kjk123
12-06-2004, 09:45 PM
OMG...grasshopper! That was so funny! I was thinking along the same lines, but then I figured crime girl was probably asking something else. :)

Welcome Healthy! Hope you find as much support and good times here as I have.

If I could have anyone's body....let's see. I think I'd have to say Jennifer Aniston. She is very in shape, but to me, looks really healthy. I know she's really skinny, but she doesn't look anorexic to me like some other stars out there. :shrug:

Dinner was good, but ate WAY too much spaghetti. :yikes: I did have a nice size salad on the side though, so I feel good about that.

Don't think the workout's gonna happen tonight. Trying to get too many other things done, like cleaning and doing some internet Christmas shopping. :dancer:

Hope everyone is well....I'll check back in again before bed! :wave:

Kelly

susanne
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Good Eveing Everyone!

I did good all day until my friend showed up. She was "nice" enough to make me dinner (after I had already eaten). It was a chicken breast and stuffing. I shouldnt have eaten the stuffing but I didnt want to hurt her feelings...now I feel bad like the scale aint moving tomorrow.....thats for sure!....Who are these villians who want to help us by feeding us?? If someone wants to help me...make me another salad...or bring me some more sugar free gum...or be willing to go for a walk with me. But for goodness sake...I dont need food!....I do love my friend though for thinking of me...

I just love you guys for being here chatting!

hmmm..... whose body?... gosh ..so far Im thinking anyone who is a size 6 might do...lol....I have to learn the tinker factory thing.

Jazzmine
12-06-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone...I just might be back amongst the land of the living...the jury is still out though

I am reading everyone's post daily and trying to keep up, but at this point, I can;t even keep up with my family, so I feel like I kinda lost a week.

3 thing I would take:

Mel Gibson
A fully stocked boat with enough to return when we wanted to
Birth Control-Stole that from oraki-ya just had to remind me didn't you?? ;)-Great idea, but when I read it I spit my water on the PC screen!! Ya should warn people ya know!! ;)

Crime girl
12-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay, I am exhausted so I am going to bed-

To clarify- I don't mean have anyone's body in a biblical sense- just whose body shape/size you would like to have or someone who works out/or you admire. You crazy girls- :devil: all that time on the island rolling in the sand with boys has gotten to your heads. :lol:

Glad you are back Jazzmine- we have missed you!

Susanne- you are a good friend but tell that friend to not enable you. I know what you mean though- my bf "forgot" I am on a diet and showed up with Krispy Kreme donuts last night- I made him throw them in the trash and he got mad at me. C'est la vie!

kjk- spaghetti sounds good- good for you getting your veggies in with the salad.

stormy- you are a better person than me- I am getting my masters and I am gone. They have tried to talk me into staying for PhD but they are wasting their breath. I bet your program is hard...
better you than me my friend. ;)

little grasshopper- how many dogs do you have and what are their names and ages. My dog is like my child- his name is Charlie and he is a 35 pound half border collie/half cocker spaniel. I swear he is a little human too. :D

oraki- good for you exercising!!! You go Girl!

Ok- well I am going to bed- as I said earlier- I have to work tomorrow so I will pop on quickly there and then post much more at night.
Have a wonderful night full of sweet dreams everyone!!
Tomorrow is a fresh new day to keep doing the good things and forget the bad.

susanne
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Wow!...You threw donuts away?!?!?!?.... I think you are now my hero for life!!!...thats better then escaping with only one cookie!!!....

off to study more.....

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 07:49 AM
mornin everyone! I agree whole heartedly with the friends feeling us thing!! I'm all for it but don't make us fatter while you feed us. Sometimes I think it's the fact that people don't like change. They'll do whatever it takes, unconsciously to stop change from happening.

oraki - glad you're feeling better! :) I'm going to follow your example today!

Stormy - the icecream is actually "ricedream" ice cream. It's made with brown rice, tapioca flour and some other stuff. It's natural, sugar free and additive free. I found it at wholefoods. I've only tried the vanilla and I love it!!!! It has no wierd after taste or anything. You CAN tell it's not real at first but after the first few times you have it, you'll never know the difference. also it freezes a lot harder than regular icecream so you end up eating less because you're taking much smaller bites.

kjk - the speghetti sounds wonderful! Good for you on the salad. and on the bright side, you're not feeling deprived, so you have extra encentive to do well today :) :)

Susanne - you're almost at the end of the tunnel!! Hang in there - you can make it!

Okay, Crime Girl - I'll behave myself now...I guess I'd like to have Julia Robert's body. Maybe not RIGHT now - after just giving births to twins....but over all she seems strong and healthy. Also she's taller and I'm a little tall. I like that she doesn't seem lanky. Oh and I had her hair in highschool - so I'm almost there, right?? :) :)

redballoon
12-07-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi there people, dead tired, still cleaning the room, have not even packed yet and must leave tomorrow. Was working mostly up until the last minute. Ugh.
Yet, even though I'm sucking on some hard candies I passed up bad food after bad food today. Where normally (these days) I would succumb to the temptations of ice cream and whatever, today I just said no. I guess being busy helped.

I got to ride today, yes, I have a horse, a tough little 10-year-old mare, part Haflinger, part don't know, maybe Quarter. This is why I am working constantly and I fear I am way in over my head. Then again, I refuse to give up. I just want to continue riding and with this horse and at the place I'm at, one of the top in Japan, which doesn't mean all that much perhaps seeing as Japan is pretty low on the totem pole when it comes to dressage but it just takes one good place.. . .Ok, won't bore you all.

crime girl -- i will do the scale thing. Just wait till I get back from Hong Kong. I WANT to do this now. I feel I can do it again. Something is clicking. Today, I just started thinking "AS IF" as if I were already the svelte, toned, strong, woman I will be . . I mean I AM and I think that really helped.

Oh, as for the body I want. . . maybe Raquel Welch, younger and now when I'm that age. I don't look at women's bodies all that much and I like a athletic body than what you see on celebrities and such so I don't really know. Maybe I should go with one of the Olympic athletes. Don't know many though. Oh well, say with Raquel or some athlete.

Don't be jealous of my horse, crime girl. Make it your goal to get riding again. I have always loved animals and horses from the time I was a little girl. It's strange, I just love being with them, around them, they're just such magnificent creatures. . . oh gosh, there I go again!!

little grasshopper -- Sounds tough with your allergy diet. cool on the marathon training. I was doing that for a while, then must have broken something in my foot, because I had to lay off for a few months. I was running too much though and my weight was too heavy. All treadmill stuff. But marathons are neat and this is the land for them. Good luck! I know what you mean about the great body, no life. Training takes so much work and you can't just blow it with nights on the town and NOT look like it. Oh well, maybe some compromise is best (a word I hate along with "moderation") but I tend to do things in the extreme and then fizzle out quickly.

I think I will be able to check in here and post while I'm in H.K. I'll be at the press center (am covering the international horse races) so will have free Net access and free phones (to anywhere!) But my brother is flying over from Seattle just to meet me, first time I'll see him in about 5 years or so! Hurrah! Hoping I can relax a bit. Will keep you posted I hope. Thanks for being here!

kjk -- belated Happy Birthday!! and good luck on restarting on your weight loss goals. Never give up!

susanne -- how are you doing? still stressed? did you get to the gym? I can't believe you only had ONE cookie!! is that possible? I wouldn't have thought so! Wow, you are utterly amazing!!!

oraki -- hello! I don't know how to post pictures, don't have a digital camera. Hmmm. Tell me how, maybe I can post something someday. heh, hope you feel better. what do you think's wrong? Maybe coming down with something. Don't worry. Just kick on and you'll get through it, whatever it is.

OK, really must run. Anyone I missed, a big hello! and best of luck!

Bye for now. :wave:

stormy1
12-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Good morning. I hope everyone has a great day and resists the evil sweets. I just finished up my morning workout. I am so happy to see that the rain has stopped...atleast for the time being.

Susanne...keep hitting the books, you are in the homestretch now. Also I found this on another post. It is instructions on how to set up your ticker. Go to [url]www.tickerfactory.com and fill in your numbers for weight loss. Then you'll want to cut and paste the code for "vbulletins" into your signature. To do that, go up to "quick links, and select "edit signature," then cut and paste it there. You'll have to repeat the procedure every time you want to update your weight, for as long as you want to keep the ticker in your sig. Hope it helps!

As far as who's body I wouldn't mind having I would like to go along with the other girls and say Brad Pitt...just kidding...I think Angelina Jolie has a great bod.

susanne
12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Good morning People!

I am down to 24 hours before my exam... so forgive me if I dont respond personally to each of you...I'M A LITTLE STRESSED!!!...(my grade is terrible so far ..I have to pull it up or I wont graduate).

I am sitting on the same pound too and I have been good and worked out every day....man I hate that!...I keep telling myself that I can kick butt at the gym after the exam.... then for the weekend...it will be my other huge challenge which is working 11-7 without pigging out at 4am....no small feat....

Does anyone know of a very low calorie alternative to milk?... I am drinking a lot of coffee which I love with lots of milk...all that milk adds up to a ton of calories by days end.... any ideas? ...Im trying to cut calories where I can and hte milk thing could be equal to cutting out a whole meal by simply switching to somehting else....thanks..and thanks for putting up with my whining....

a body?....I'm still open to anyone who is a size 8 or under...preferably a 6...

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great day!

susanne - I tried the one cookie thing with my rice cookies last night. It worked :) :) Could be just because they're rice, and you're still a superstar :)
Glad the exam is almost over. What class is this for? How long until you know your grade. I swear everytime I took an anatomy exam I was terrified I failed it and always did well. Hang in there. If you can stick to studying like you've done with chicken salads, you'll be great :)

As for low carb milk alternative.....you guessed it - rice milk :) You'll have to compare it to the milk you're drinking...it has 110 calaries per serving (1 cup) but the breakdown of the calories looks like this fat 9, carbs 4, and protein 4. Also it's brown rice so it's not doing anything to your blood sugar. There is also almond milk too and don't forget cocanut milk. Don't think I'm too wierd but it's got TONS of healthy stuff in it and it fights cancer like a champ and you can buy small cans of it...very sweet too. okay, there's the weird options - I'm sure everyone else knows about the low cal stuff. :) I can't look at the calorie side of the box, I have to look at the ingredients side....

I decided today that I need to add more rice to my diet. Don't laugh at me just yet. Even though I know all of these products, I'm not eating them. I thought I lose faster if I stayed away from them. But I really miss them a lot and if I remember correctly I lost a ton before while eating almost nothing but rice. (myfavorite was rice crackers with almond butter :) ) Anyway, I need a comfort food and rice is all I got right now. So I'm cooking some tonight :) :) veggies and rice for lunch tomorrow :) :) OMG I'm excited. Crime girl, do you know the 1st step of the 12 step plan.....it might be time!!

Reballoon - have a great trip. it sounds exciting!!! Especially to get to see your brother while there too! Enjoy it and i hope you get to relax. We'll all be excited and waiting for you to get back so you can start huffing and puffing your way to your olympic body!

Stormy - THANKS for the ticker instructions. I'm going to try again. How is your program going today?

Crime Girl - you're mia????? we miss you! Hope you're doing well.

If I've missed anyone HELLO!!! And I hope you're having a great day!!! mrm

Crime girl
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I can only write for a second because I am at work today and have been so busy I haven't had a minute to write. :D

Hope everybody is doing well today- it sounds like it from your posts!!
Little grasshopper- I might have to get you into that "rice eaters anonymous class" soon! WOW- still , it sounds like it is not so bad for you so at least it is a smart choice! ;)

Red Balloon- glad you will be able to stay with us in HK. Are you a reporter?? What do you do for a living- sounds like you get to travel and I bet that is a lot of fun! :) I will still be jealous of your horse but that is OK. As for posting your weight- totally up to you- you do what works for you.

susanne- good luck on your last exam! I know you are going to do great! :cp: Don't stress too much! For an alternative you can get nonfat non dairy creamer in all kinds of great flavors - I like Hazelnut!

stormy- great job with the morning workout!! :cb: :cb:

Okay I better go- I won't be on until later tonight because I am building our slideshow for my office Christmas party that is this Friday! :^:
I am doing pretty good today except a little fudge :devil:
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!
Oh- by the way- got one of my grades for my two classes and I got an A!!

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi guys - I was given these facts while in school and they really made me realize how amazing the body is, and that by taking care of ourselves we can acheive great things within it!! And of course, that no matter what the packaging, we have amazing bodies!!!! I hope you enjoy!

Except for your brain cells, 50,000,000 of the cells in your body will have died and been replaced with others, all while you have been reading this sentence.

The adult heart beats about 40,000,000 times a year. In one hour, the heart works hard enough to produce enough energy to raise 1 ton a yard into the air.

Scientists have counted 500 different liver functions.

There are nearly 45 miles of nerves running through our bodies.

Messages travel along nerves as electrical impulses. They can reach a speed of 248 miles per hour.

In one square inch of skin there are four yards of nerve fibers, 1300 nerve cells, 100 sweat glands, 3 million cells and three yards of blood vessels.

Most people blink about 25 times a minute

Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of :blood vessels

Every person has a unique tongue print

The average human will pump 48 million gallons of blood in :their lifetime

The average human body contains enough: Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire :a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make :2,200 matchheads, and enough Water to fill a ten-gallon tank.

The tooth is the only part of the human body that can't repair itself

Our bodies are recreating themselves constantly - we ,make a skeleton every 3 months, new skin every month. We are capable of reversing the Aging Process

stormy1
12-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Little grasshopper, cool facts!

Susanne, hang in there. You will do great!

Crime girl, what are you wearing to your party Friday. I have a dressy party Saturday night and none of my clothes fit. So now I have to go out and buy a new outfit in a bigger size, which is really depressing. I hate to have to spend a lot of money b/c I do not plan on having to wear it again b/c this weight is coming off.

Oraki, are you feeling better?

Red balloon, have a great time in Hong Kong. I would love to go there some time.

KJK, how are you doing today?

Well I hope everyone is doing great today.

Crime girl
12-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Stormy-
I can wear casual clothes so jeans and a Christmas sweater that I have.
Don't sweat buying an outfit- It will be motivation to lose and in the meantime you will have something nice to wear. Maybe you can buy something that will look good even after you lose- Good luck! :D

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 05:50 PM
Stormy - you can always get it altered when you hit your goal. Buy something you really like, that makes you feel good and hopefully it can shrink with you :)

susanne
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi there everyone... I just sat down for a break in studying. Thanks for the tips on low fat milk alternatives. I plugged it into google and foudn a good chart.

http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthreference/reference/E665A7C4-1DD5-45C0-A14C6CFA79D9DE0D.htm?category=questions

You can cut and paste if you are interested. WHole milk has 10 calories per tablespoon and the flavored non fat non dairy creamer...has 38 calories per tablespoon. So there is no fat but nearly 4 times the calories! I had no idea. Right now I am drinking falvored coffee as I found it has no real additional calories and its tolerable.

off to study more.... my semester doesnt end til the 20th. This is my 4th test and then on the 20th is the final...then I have 4 weeks off.

I'll check in later...

Healthy
12-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone! Day two and I'm still doing well. I can't chat for long since hubby is cooking dinner an it smells wonderful. He doesn't normally cook. Maybe he feels sorry for me since I'm ill...hmmm....he's probably just hungry and tired of eating out :).

Time to fill up on veggies! Will try to write more later.

stormy1
12-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Little grasshopper...I think I will look for something that can be haltered. Maybe a really nice pants suit. I just can not fit into a fitted dress. I look like a wrapped sausage. Wish me luck, I am leaving right now to start looking for something, girdle and all!

Healthy...good job on the veggies!

Susanne, I guess it is better to have those exams spread out over time. Don't forget to take out some time for yourself!

Jazzmine, I hope that your week is going smoother!

kjk123
12-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi ladies!

Today has been a really great day....food wise, anyway. I was in meetings for a total of 7 hours today. So I'm ready to veg, watch NCIS and Amazing Race, and enjoy a decent dinner.

I re-enrolled in WW yesterday. I'm doing it online, tracking my meals and workout points. I figured maybe I'll be more motivated if I'm paying for it. At any rate, as of right now, I've only used 12 of my 30 points for the day. Unfortunately I didn't eat breakfast, but I drank a lot of water. For lunch, I had a salad from McDonalds, with little dressing. This is really good for me, hopefully I can keep it up!

Still no working out, but I'm trying to get on track with my eating habits first, and then get back into the steady workouts.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stormy, thanks for asking about me! I appreciate it....check back later.

Kelly

kjk123
12-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Sheesh, slow posting night....where is everyone??? :dunno:

Well, I'm proud to say that as of right now, I've eaten 28 of my 30 allotted points today. I've had tons of veggies and I'm now on my fourth or fifth glass of water today. :spin:

I'm not trying to toot my own horn (too much), but I'm pretty darn proud of myself today. And get this - at my staff meeting this afternoon, my co-worker brought in a bag of caramels and a giant bag of assorted candy bars. I am proud to say that I sat in front of all that candy for almost 3 hours and did not eat one bar! Whew, can you say "willpower?" It's something that I've been trying to use my whole life! :strong:

That's it for now. I'm sitting here watching TV and chatting, so I hope to hear from someone soon! Hope you all had a fabulous day!!!

Kelly :cp:

stormy1
12-07-2004, 10:26 PM
KJK what a great job. I am so proud of you!!! You did great with your points and resisting the chocolate and caramels.

Chocolate is my weakness. I do not keep it in the house. I allow myself one cheat day a week where I can eat whatever I want. I make sure that I get my chocolate in that day. During the week I do have EAS chocolate shakes and an occasional Zone bar so I do not completely shock my body but that isn't real chocolate, right?

Well I decided to wait until the last minute to shop for my party outfit. Thank God that this is the only dressy one I have. I figure that if I wait until Friday I may be a pound lighter, sad, huh?

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi guys! KJK - you join Susanne in acheiving the thought to be impossible :) :) You SHOULD toot your horn! Points AND no chocolate! Good for you - great will power too!

stormy - I like your thinking! I did the same thing for my holiday party. Mine wasn't dressy though - I could wear jeans as long as I wore a dressy top....BUT the jeans were a bit snug - which for me means fat roll hanging over the top. I wore the outfit and just put a great jacket with it. It was cold where we met and it worked. I hope you find a great outfit!

I've been reading Bella Tuscany and I want to either eat Italian food right now, or go to Tuscany. I'm not sure which I want more :)

Hope you guys are having a good night where ever you are!!

stormy1
12-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Go to Tuscany and eat all the Italian you want while you are there :^:

I love Italian food. My hubby works with this doctor from Milano and that Christmas party is next Sunday and he is cooking Italian food :dizzy:

Okay, off of the subject of eating...

little grasshopper
12-07-2004, 10:56 PM
:) good luck with THAT party! :) Yeah maybe we could discuss the virtues of some vegetable eating, skinny, country?????

My BF's company gave him a turkey fryer for Christmas. Now I can't eat the Christmas turkey he's dieing to make! there are whole cooking devices we can't (shouldn't) eat the products of! haha! He's saying he wants to turn it into whatever he needs to brew beer.

Okay I'm going to go try to fix my ticker - again. it was so easy the first time!

stormy1
12-07-2004, 11:42 PM
Little grasshopper,

5 pounds-awesome! I need to change mine too!

How long has it taken you to lose it?

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 12:04 AM
I lost it the first 1 1/2 weeks but I know a good bit was water weight. I'm also starting to wonder if the 145 was a fluke low. I'll be glad when I get a set of scales I can stick with. I'll go this weekend. It's going to be hectic until then.

Crime girl
12-08-2004, 12:34 AM
What a day!!! Work all day and then work on the slide show all night!!

I am just jumping on to say hi and let you all know I have not forgotten about you. I am not going to try to respond to all the previous posts since you guys have been so busy. :D

I am really tired and I have a huge headache so I am cutting this short tonight..

Tomorrow is "what the heck have I been eating day" so give us an idea of what the plan you are following is like- maybe a sample day would be helpful to all of us- gives us ideas for our own. ;)

The question for tomorrow: What are the three biggest accomplishments of your life?? Things you are proud of that you have accomplished...
for example- I would put getting my BA on it while someone else might put having children.

Okay- well good job everyone today!
Until tomorrow when I will be on a lot more with A LOT more energy-

redballoon
12-08-2004, 04:12 AM
Hi guys! I'm here in Hong Kong at the press center. Hard typing, gotta get used to yet another keyboard. Where is the apostrophe?!?! It's a bit hard reading here and all since the screen is like visible to everyone and it's obvious I'm not doing work but. . . .just wanted to say hi!! Will try to stay in touch. :wave:

stormy1
12-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi everyone!

A sample day of eating for me is:
Breakfast- egg whites with mushrooms and fatfree cheese or an EAS shake
Lunch-shake or turkey and a cheese stick (I do home health so I am in my car traveling all day)
Snack-apple or a 100 cal wheat thin pack
Dinner-some type of chicken dish with green beans
Snack-1/2 Zone bar

Once a week I have a cheat day. This is the day I can eat whatever I feel like and we usually go out to eat this day.

Accomplishments:
-Making it through cadavor anatomy-it is very different then regular anatomy courses
-Tolerating my hubby finishing his doctorate (it took 6 years and I was the only one working!)
-Learning to manage my time

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone! I got to sleep in a little late today. Dogs weren't happy and let me know by stealing my vitamins off the bar and eating a bit of the bottom out of one bottle. Luckily I don't think they got any of the pills, and if they did it's one most dogs need anyway.

Crime girl - good luck with the slide show!! Hope your program is going well.

Redballoon - I think I'm jealous too! Enjoy the trip!!! When does your brother get there?

Stormy - great accomplishments!! You have a lot to be proud of! Oh and I love the zone bars!!! They're so yummy!!

I guess I can give my diet from yesterday....
breakfast - stir fried veggies with ginger
and herbal tea

snack - raw almonds and cashews

lunch - salad with black beans and chicken (slipped there - can't have the beans...ate at burrito place with BF).
water to drink

snack - more nuts and raw veggies

Dinner - nibbled all night on roast, chicken, veggies, nuts and prunes.
herbal tea.

My 3 great accomplishments.
1. finally admitting I didn't love my job and going back to school.
2. graduating with a 4.0 while working 3 part time jobs and going to school full time!
3. finding my birth father and his family

Well, I'm off for some breakfast - everyone have a great day!!!

Michiemish
12-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey everyone, I'm still here...Just been busy with my mom and dad trying to help the family...My mom had to go in for surgery on monday to see if she had cancer and sure enough she does...She is in stage 4 which is the highest stage u can be in..The cancer has spread from somewhere (they dont know what kind of cancer or where it started) but the cacner has progress to both of her lungs...The doc said she is young and healthy enough to where she can hopefully get into remission..So it has been really stressful around the house lately.. I have been ok on my eating...haven't pigged out..But my friends did take me to olive garden to show me support..But i'm suppose to go to my WW today..so we will see..

But just stopped in to say hi and say i'm still around...Sounfs like everyone is doing good..Hopefully by the weekend i will be back at my own apartment...So talk to u guys later... Have a good day

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Miechimish - I'm so sorry to for your family and your mother. Sounds like the doctors are very hopeful though and that's encouraging, I'm sure. We're here for you. Congratulations on eating well during all of this. That's a huge achievement! Looking forward to seeing you on the board more when you can.

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 01:17 PM
It's 1:15. I should be leaving to get a walk in before work. All my clients are late in the day today but it will be a longer night than normal. It was nice to have the morning to myself though. I took a long sea salt bath and had a great breakfast. I'm still not hungry! Making a spinach and steak salad for lunch. I'm so calm today it's strange. Normally I'm a live wire. I don't know what it is but I feel very centered and calm. I also feel like sitting down and doing nothing though. bad, bad, bad!

For all of those waiting for cold weather and snow..it's warm enough for shorts here. Doesn't feel like Christmas season at all. Not that I'm complaining! Last months electric bill was enough :) :)

stormy1
12-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Miechimish,

I am sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Going through a situation like you are is physically and emotionally draining. Please try to take of yourself!

kjk123
12-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone!

Michimesh - so sorry to hear about your mom. My prayers are with you and your whole family. Good to hear that your mom is young enough to rebound - keep your spirits up!!!

I am doing pretty well today, food wise. I don't really have a set meal plan as of right now. I am on the WW Flex Plan, which allows me to eat whatever foods whose total points add up to be under my point limit for the day. So I'm basically just trying to eat more well-balanced meals, with more veggies and fruit, and drinking lots more water!

My top three accomplishments:
1. Earning my BA and MEd and maintaining a 4.0 for my senior year.
2. Staying at my job through the tough times, and learning that I'm there more for the work that we do than the money we make.
3. Accepting my weight problem and deciding to actively do something about it.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great day. I'm headed out with my roommates to celebrate them finishing classes and student teaching. I'll try to be good! Talk to you all later!!!!

Kelly

Healthy
12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Michimesh I just said a prayer for your mother and family.

My greatest accomplishments:
1. My marriage and 2 wonderful children
2. The impact I've made in the lives of many of my students
3. How the Lord is using me to impact others

Well, since I'm not really following a particular weight management program I'm interested in seeing what has been working for you ladies.

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Hi everyone! Looks like it's a hectic day, because it's slower here ;) I did okay today. I had a pear to celebrate my walk around the lake today. It was a struggle to get it done. I think the detox bath wiped me out! I rewarded myself with a pear. It was so sweet I couldn't eat all of it! I had a salad for lunch and am getting ready to have some roast and veggies for dinner. I also picked up two new clients today. :) I guess it was a good day all around.

Tomorrow night BF agreed to go see a christmas play with me. I couldn't believe it...he went from one extreme to the other. The guy is close to perfect! Anyway, looking forward to getting dressed up and going out on a weeknight :) I thought I was too old for that :)

See you all later tonight. Kelly, yeah for you - sticking with your plan!!! Glad it's working for you!

little grasshopper
12-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi healthy! I was a slow typer tonight, missed your post!! Glad you're doing well!!!! You'll find a good program for you - I think we're pretty diverse here. I like that about this group!! Lots of variety :) :)

stormy1
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Little grasshopper, your BF sounds like a keeper!

Healthy, I do not follow a particular program. I just try to eat keep my calories under 1500 and I allow myself one day to eat whatever I want. If I try anything too structured I would probably mess up. I am trying to make a "lifestyle change" and not diet.

stormy1
12-08-2004, 08:20 PM
For all of you busy women, here is a dinner that I cook often. It is low cal, low carb and very yummy! I make a stir fry using chicken breast, broccolli, mushrooms, and pineapple. I then add a little soy sauce. For you rice lovers, I don't know any of those around here (ha,ha) you can also add rice. I do not b/c of the carbs.

Crime girl
12-08-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi everyone!! :wave:
Sorry I haven't been on much today- I spent the whole day running errands and finishing up loose ends for school. Then I came home and finished the slide show. It took about 3 hours but it is done and ready to be shown at our Christmas party on Friday. I did one really bad thing today- I had a hamburger so I am mad at myself for that. :o

Michimesh- I am sorry to hear about your mom but I am optomistic that she will get into remission. I have put your mom on my prayer circle from church- hope you don't mind. I am so impressed with you staying on course and trying to diet while you are under stress. really- you should be so proud of yourself- and you sound like you are such a source of comfort and strength for your family. If I can do anything to help- just let me know.

stormy- thanks for the tips- I always need some ideas so keep them coming- also thanks for sharing your daily food diary.

Little grasshopper- It is so great you and your bf will get to go out and see a play- it sounds like he is bouncing back. Also- good job on your walk :cp: You are doing a great job this week!

healthy- I am in the same boat as you- I think I need to be on some program- for now I have been just trying to eat well and follow the American diabeteic recommendations.

kjk- Congrats on finishing up! A 4.0 your senior year??? WOW! :bravo:

red balloon- just hop in when you can and let us know you are OK. Have fun in HK!

Okay folks- I better go- I have packed a bag to take with me to the gym after work tomorrow and I am going to work off that stupid burger! :lol:
Tomorrow I work all day so I will be on after I get back from the gym after work.
Tomorrow is "have we been getting off our rears?" day..
How about exercise tips for tomorrow?- I know I need some and maybe your routine will benefit someone else. Also- give us some idea on the amount you have exercised since last Thurs. :)
The question for tomorrow is:
My biggest short term goal is ...?? Can't be weight loss because I think we all have that goal- I am looking for the other things in your life that you strive to conquer...

Have a wonderful night everyone!! Thanks for all the support and encouragement! ;)

Cinisha1
12-09-2004, 03:28 AM
Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing fine. I know I haven't been around the last couple of days. Ive been doing overtime and I just have been too tired to get on the computer. I'll catch up on all your posts in the morning..

I have been doing well I've been staying within my 1600 cals. I bought some Healthy choice meals and they are pretty good...just not enouh. I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast, a cup of lettuce and cucmber or carrot with a little vinegar or plain, and a healthy choice meal for dinner and for snack some saltines or a piece of fruit. I've been going to the gym for thirty minutes on the treadmill I wanted to try the aerobics class but I didn't have time before work. I've been doing well. I'm so proud of you all and myself for sticking in there and giving it another chance at losing this weight. I was down all last week but when I see how you all are just motivating each other every single day it seemd so possible. you know, I buckled down and wrote out a list and got everything I would be needing for the week I got my gym bag prepared and I can honestly say that I am in control of this. And I can lose weight. It's not hard, you have to eat healthy and get some excercise. It all seems so real to me. Before I joined this team I haven't been to the gym in weeks. I wasn't motivated. I feel energized now, everyday because I'm eating healthy and I'm working out. And I feel like I'm losing weight already, my stomach is slowly going down. I feel like a new person. I thank all of yall for being here. I've never been apart of anything like this. I feel blessed.

SW155
GW130
CW157

little grasshopper
12-09-2004, 08:26 AM
morning everyone!! It's cold here today. I know, it's suppose to be but yesterday we were using the A/C and today the heater!

Stormy - great recipe!! I'm going to try it one day!

Cinisha - I'm glad you're finding the motivation to move forward with your program!!! And I can understand what you mean about finding it so motivational reading what everyone else says, the night I rejoined, I did it kicking and screaming. I knew I needed to do something, but I didn't feel motivated enough to start...but then I read some journals and found this board and was suddenly ready to get started! :) I don't know what I would have done with out this group!! It's the highlight of my day!

okay, exercise - I have walked 8 miles since last Thursday. Completed my belly dancing tape (lots of fun - I want to take a class now!) and stretched daily and done ab work 3 times.

Right now my biggest short term goal is to get some foods back Jan 6th. If I have been really good, hopefully my body will be able to handle more foods and I won't be so dependant on rice. The last time I was tested I could almost have oats. I want another food!! That will also mean my body is getting healthier and stronger. The thing is that I have to be really good (including over Christmas) or I could lose a food instead of gaining one! Don't want that!!

Everyone have a great day!

stormy1
12-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Crimegirl, don't be too hard on yourself about that hamburger!

Cinesha, I agree this is a great place to stay motivated. Keep up your good work. :cp:

Little GH, keep it up!

My workout this week has consists of alternating days of weights. I work upper extremities one day and lower the next. I do cardio five days a week which is either elliptical trainer or Tae Bo. I also walk about two-three miles three times a week, but I can't today b/c the rain is back :mad: I also work abs everyother day. I try to work out twice a day, once in the AM and once at night for 30 minutes each time. This gives me more energy.

My short term goal is to make it through the holidays without gaining weight. I have to make 4 dozen cookies this weekend to bring to a cookie exchange party Sunday night. So my really short term goal is to make it through this weekend because I also have that other party Saturday night.

kjk123
12-09-2004, 09:59 AM
Morning all!

Cinisha - I couldn't have said it any better myself! This board is so motivating, I love knowing that there are other people out there in my same situation that have the same struggles and successes as I do. Let's keep up the good work in motivating ourselves and each other.

I haven't really worked out much in the last week. I've been really bad about that. I'm trying to fight the food battle first, and then add in some exercise once I've gotten that under control. I'm hoping to get back into working out some time next week. I'm going shopping tonight, and I'm going to get some new fitness DVDs and a scale, so that I can actually share my progress.

Better get working...hope everyone has a fabulous day!!!

Kelly

Jazzmine
12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone!! I am just checking in...still not feeling well-very busy at work and at being sick!! :( I am tired of feeling like this and want to get some energy back soon!!

I love this board too, but just am not up to fully particpating yet...sorry everyone!!

Cinisha1
12-09-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi everyone :) . I didn't make it to the gym today, but I did well eating. I missed breakfast this morning but as soon as I got to work I got a bagel and split half with my co-worker. and the rest of day I did fine. no cravings at all I ate my 2cups of salad and my fruit and I'm fine I feel great. :dancer:

Little grasshopper, what program are you following? Your doing good with your walking I can only do thirty minutes on the treadmill but hopefully I can do a little more next week. You have a lot of energy girl...you go!

KjK, Your already making progress just by eating better. Keep up the good work.
Jazzimine, I know you wish you could be at home getting better but we all have to do what we have to do. Hope you feel better soon.

Michimesh, I know you are going through a lot right now just stay positive and leave it all in the lord's hands. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

my greatest accomplishments:
1.My wonderful son
2.I went to school to be a court stenographer and it's a great skill that most people wouldn't want to do but it's fun and I hope to go back next year.
3.being a strong, independent woman and always able to take care of myself.

my short term goal is to make some extra money to pay off some bills.

Crime girl
12-09-2004, 11:38 PM
Hey-
I haven't been on the board all day so I thought I would pop on and see what is up..
I have followed my plan all day and passed on pizza and candy so I am proud of myself. I didn't walk or go to the gym though- baby steps right? :D

It sounds like everyone is doing well and is in good spirits- that is encouraging! I bet Sunday we are all going to do well. :)

Jazzmine- get well! I feel so bad for you- it stinks being sick!

stormy- I can't believe you have to make so many cookies! WOW- and then the challenge of not eating them- I know you can do it though. The short term benefit won't outweigh the long term goal. ;)

I am glad that everyone is getting support in this board- makes me feel good that we can all be there for each other. Weight loss can be so lonely sometimes and it helps to just have someone around who really understands how hard it can be at times. So- thanks from me to all of you for helping me reach my goal! :lucky:

I am sleepy so I am going to bed- the slideshow for my party tomorrow had to be reworked tonight so I have been busy with that.
For tomorrow- if you won $25 million in the lottery- what are the first 5 things you would spend money on and why??
Have a wonderful night everyone!!!!! Sweet dreams!

stormy1
12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
Hi guys! Just checking in!

Jazzmine-get well soon!

Sussane-how was the exam?

Crimegirl- good luck with the slide show!

Michimesh-you and your family remains in my prayers

Everyone else-sounds like things are going well. Stay strong!

I hope everyone had a great day. It is almost the weekend! Friday I am going to find something to wear to the party on Saturday. There are just way too many Christmas parties!

$25 million (after taxes, right?)
1) tithe at least 10% but probably much more (It all belongs to Him anyway)
2) Pay off all of my debts including the tremendous student loan debt (why-b/c being in debt does not feel good at all)
3) Invest 30-40% (why, to leave money for my children, their children, etc.)
4) Give money to my immediate family (my mom and dad, my DH mom and dad, and our siblings) (why-so they can pay off their debts and live comfortably)
5) Do I have anything left??? I would stop working, have a couple of babies, adopt some more babies, do some missionary work incorporating physical therapy

little grasshopper
12-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Hi everyone!! I hope you're all having a good friday!!! :) yippie!! At last!!!!

We went to see A Christmas Carol last night. Besides being the longest play in the history of christmas plays it was wonderful!! It's done as a comedy and the actors did a great job. At one point one actor even popped in a line he'd never used in rehersal and everyone just lost it on the stage! It was great!!

Cinisha - I am eating on a program my doctor put me on. The easiest way to describe it is any kosher meat, veggies (except spicy ones - and sweet peppers), Brown Rice products, pears and Prunes and raw nuts or seeds. No surgar or honey or artificial anything. It was VERY VERY hard to get started but now that I'm on it I feel wonderful! I'll eat something like an egg and think "Oh, I have to be really good now, I cheated!" Then I realize it was just an egg - not the 1/2 a chocolate cake I use to cheat with :) They tell me that if I'm good this will only last for about 3 months and then I'll start getting some foods back. I'm hoping to be tested in January to see if I have anything back yet. I am also suppose to eat as much organic as I can. I'm finding that I eat a lot less - because the organic food seems to stay with me longer. Expensive as heck though! I finally found a little organic grocery store that is somewhat well priced.

wow I just scrolled down and there are two posts that weren't there before :) :) must go read :)

Healthy
12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Amen Stormy1, it does all belong to our Lord!!!

$25 Million Dollar$$$$$$$
1. Tithe - Cuz God has been too good to me!
2. Invest - Just trying to be wise with my blessing, plus need to leave some for my children, godchildren, nieces and nephews.
3. Help many others - So many children and families to assist
4. Travel - So many places to visit and things to learn
5. Research for women's health issues

So far I've been doing fairly well on this diet thingy...well until I get home from work. Then I treat myself to something not on my South Beach diet. Yes, I've finally decided to return to SB, but I'm not going to eat all that meat. My tummy just won't allow that. So I'm doing the modified SB. I'll let y'all know if this works in a couple of weeks.

Noticed that I removed my tickerfactory tape :). I just didn't like looking at that large number that I have to lose, so I'm thinking more in increments of 50lbs. until I reach the GRAND total. :)

little grasshopper
12-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Smart Idea healthy!! Wait there's an echo in here! Where is everybody!! Busy working off the weight :) :) I hope you're all having a great day!!! Happy weekend. Crime girl - good luck at the party tonight - and Stormy - good luck finding the perfect outfit!

kjk123
12-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone.

Just thought I'd pop in quickly. Was Christmas shopping at an outlet mall with my mom all day, so I'm beat. But all that walking was awesome!!!

5 things to do with all that money:
1. pay off debt - that includes all of those school loans, plus my credit card debt and car payments
2. buy a house - I hate wasting money on rent every month
3. help out family and friends - I'd love to see my parents well off, get my brother out of debt, and then help my friends
4. invest - I want my kids to have a college fund, which I did not have
5. donate to the YMCA where I work - we do some great work for kids and families and can always use more money

Off to dinner...have a great night!!!

little grasshopper
12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Well we are having drama in the neighborhood tonight. There have been 5 police cars at my neighbor's house since @ 4:00 toady. It's 9:00 now. There is now police tape around the house and we have no idea at all what happened. We've never talked to them - they dont' come out of the house much. Don't know anything about them at all. But I'm thinking crime scene tape isn't good.

Bf and I went out to eat tonight. We ate at chilis. I got a steak and brocolli with steamed veggies...guess what the steamed veggies were....you guessed it - more brocoli. So I had a HUGE plate full of it!!! I had one small bite of BF's southwestern egg roll and behaved myself otherwise. :) going to have some ricecream now :)

okay - 5 things to do with the money.

1. pay off debt and then invest for retirement :)
2. build dream house..we have the plans we have the land just need the loan :)
3. Give to family (I'd love see my mom in her very own house!) And make sure mom is set to enjoy her retirement.
4. build a health center and really do it right. Keep my job but limit my hours so that I can travel.
5. Donate to several charities I love!!

Jazzmine
12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks everyone for all the well wishes...I am here, but still under the weather-Now I have a sty developing on my eye-what the heck is all of this about?? I am tired of being sick-I honestly cannot remember when I have been down for this long-uggh

Everyone sound like they are doing well through the Holidays so far...I am so proud!!! Great job everyobe!!

Cinisha1
12-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi everybody just popping on before bed. I ate well today. I walked thirty minutes on the treadmill. I feel great. this is my cheat day but I did well I only had a taco..I didn't really have a big apetite today. I'm so glad the weekend is here. tomorrow morning I'll do my pilates and clean my house and relax. Hope everyone have a good weekend.

five things to spend money on:
1.buy a house for me and my mother
2.Pay off debt
3.Put away some for my son's college education
4.share with my family and friends
5.travel

oraki
12-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Just popping in to say hello to everyone. I haven't been posting the last couple of days because I really haven't had anything positive to say. My weight is really starting to frustrate me. I've been exercising and eating right and I've GAINED weight. I'm just starting to feel helpless. I'm going to take my monthly pics and maybe that will show some difference but right now I'm just not feeling it.

It looks like everyone's doing great. Keep up the good work. I'll try and post again soon.

Crime girl
12-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on much the last couple of days..
I had my office Christmas party last night and that went pretty well. The slideshow I put together came off without any problems so I am happy about that. :D

oraki- don't get discouraged! You can do this...I know it is frustrating but in the long run you will lose weight if you keep eating right and exercising. Remember that you might gain muscle with exercise. Keep posting even if it isn't positive- I think the support will help and you will see that a lot of us are having the same struggles. I gained a pound last week so I can feel your pain. ;)

cinisha- how do you like pilates?? I have heard a lot about it but have never tried it. Keep up the great work! :)

Jazzmine- I am glad the cold seems to be easing some but am sorry about your eye. We have got to get you all better! Feel better soon! :D

little grasshopper- I love your enthuasim on here- it keeps me cheered up! Did you figure out what the drama was all about?? Crime scene tape is not a good sign, you are right. You can call the police station in your area and ask if it is something you need to be concerned about and they will probably tell you what happened. I also want to know if I am going to have to add broccoli to your list of foods that we will need a support group to get you off of. :lol:

kjk- you are brave going out shopping-and to an outlet mall. Was it swamped with people? I am such a baby when it comes to going out shopping- I hate crowds. :o

stormy- are you ready for your party?? I was anxious on what to wear to mine and it ended up not really mattering. Everyone just seemed to be happy that I went so it worked out. ;) Besides, people in my office drink at these occasions and most were a couple of beers or drinks in by the time I got there. :lol:

healthy- I might end up taking off my tape thingy too. It is discouraging sometimes. What is SB like? Is it kind of like Atkins??

Michimesh- If you are reading- we are all thinking about you and wishing you well. Try to pop in when you can because we miss talking to you.

Okay folks- I will be on later. Just wanted to catch up and say hi! I did have one weird thing happen at my party. This one really mean girl I work with was really nasty to me. The people organizing the function used our login numbers at work to mark where we were suppose to sit and she claimed my number like it was her own and tried to make me move. I don't know why it bothered me so much except she was so mean about it and made me feel like I was stupid and didn't even know my own number. :mad: Anyway- just needed to share.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! :cb: :cb: :cb: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

Michiemish
12-11-2004, 09:43 AM
hey everyone good morning. I was meaning to log on weds but got busy..i went to my WW meeting after taking my mom to get her hair done.. I lost 2.5 pounds..yeah :dizzy: ... Which i think is good considering that my family has been going throw alot lately. but that made my day better to see the number go down..

Oraki - I know it easier said then done but don't get frustated..Your body is probally just plateuing..And plus if your are working out with weights and trying to build muscle.Muscle weighs more than fat..You have accomplished so much so far...Watch in a little while the pounds are going to start melting off again..Keep up the good work... :D

I know i'm late on answering this question but 5 things i would do if i had the money...hhhmmmm...

1. get a personal trainer to keep me together and help with getting into shape and losing weight..
2. Buy a couple houses and rent some out to friends..
3. give money to charity of some sort..
4. Build a gym that is for people that are trying to lose weight..and have personal trainers for everyone for free
5. Enjoy whatever time i have w family and friends

Talk to u guys later :grouphug:

stormy1
12-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Oraki, hang in there. Remember, the slower you take it off the more likely it will stay off. Just keep making healthy eating decisions and keep exercising. It will come off!

Michi, good for you for the 2.5 pounds. That is great, especially with the amount of stress your under.

Crimegirl, don't worry about that one girl. There is one in every bunch! Glad your party went well. I am hoping also by the time I get to the party no one will really care what anyone is wearing!

Cinesha, good for you for not cheating too much on your cheat day, that is a huge accomplishment.

Jazzmine, sorry that you are still not up to speed yet. Are you taking a multi-vitamin?

Little GH, what's the scoop on the neighbors?

KJK, isn't shopping a great form of exercise?

Healthy, good luck with modifying South Beach. It is hard eating a lot of meat. I find that eating healthy is so expensive.

Well yesterday I had a hard time finding something that I felt looked decent on me. I finally bought a black skirt and shirt to go with some strappy shoes. I am not too happy with it but it will do.

Now I am off to make cookies for that cookie exchange party I have Sunday night. Wish me luck...

little grasshopper
12-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi guys! I just love coming on here and reading evreryone's posts!!

Oraki - DON'T give up!!! You're body is probably changing, whether or not the scale is moving. The darn things haven't moved for me this week but I KNOW my body is different. And I'm feeling stronger. So DON'T let the scales dictate your happiness!!!! It's not worth it. You're doing great things for yourself, keep it up. The scales will catch up!! We're here for you!

Crime Girl - people can be so strange sometimes! You gotta wonder if a person like that is really happy inside. Glad you had a good party and glad the slide show went off well. Don't worry about the gain - you're movitated and you'll drop the weight in no time!

Michie - congratulations on your weight loss!!!! With all you're dealing with tha'ts wonderful!! We miss you, so post when you can!

Stormy - You can't go wrong with black. I hope you enjoy the party today. Make us proud with the cookies :) :) You can do it!!! Think long term happiness, not short term cookie :) :) (and if the things gang up on you - we understand. They're sneakie sometimes.

Healthy - I did South Beach for while and you're right, about all the meat. For a while there I couldn't stomach ground beef at all. I ate a lot of chicken, and fish and found a ton of different ways to cook them, trying to make it taste different. Good luck. Oh, and i tried a new veggie every week. I never really ate veggies before that diet. Now I eat a lot of different ones. Just had to figure out how I liked each one cooked.

Jazzmine - sorry you're still sick! Especially with eye stuff!!!! That sucks. I hope you're doing better soon!

Cinisha - a taco???? YUMMMM!! Can't I eat vicariously through you? I LOVE mexican food!!!! We almost went for some last night but I knew I wouldn't be able to resist....well...anything there.

KjK - I don't envy you at all. Good luck with the shopping! Pull in those abs and tighten those glutes and walk walk walk :) :) just kidding! (bf says he feels like he's humping the air when he does that - just thought I'd give you a mental picture to go with it :) )

Ok - no word on the neighbors. Still wrapped in police tape. Still one police car. One at the end of the street going in and out of our neighborhood too. I'm hoping it's nothing tragic because at all 10:30 last night there were officers laughing in the backyard, pretty loudly.

Yesterday I got good news from the doctor. I asked him to adjust me (chiropractor also) and he moved all kinds of stuff around. then moved my stomach back down and my kidneys back up. I asked him what caused it this time....usually he says "you eat crap" this time he just said it was stress...I asked about the "crap" and he said that my body is cleaner and stronger than he's seen it. :) :) :) I really really hope I can get more foods, if nothing more than to know I'm getting healthier!

Alright we're off to a bar supply store. I need to get bottles for the lemon liquor I'm making for Christmas gifts.

I'm glad we're all here!!! I get so much encouragement from this board!! See you guys soon! mrm

stormy1
12-11-2004, 01:01 PM
I made it through making 53 cookies and only ate one small one. It was so good ! Today is my cheat day anyway but I do not want to feel bloated tonight.

Little GH, how do you make lemon liquor?

susanne
12-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I am amongst the missing. I was really exicted to lose 5 pounds last week. This week I did really well not overeating before my exam...until the day before. I didnt eat bad stuff but I didnt eat like a mouse either and woke up back to 239!. Needless to say the hopelessness set in. I took my exam, no grade yet. The next day I was down to 236. I felt a bit better.I had a really bad week at school, a really bad week with finances. And to top it off my LNA liscense has exprired and I am not allowed to work until I have it straightened out. I havent done one hting for Xmas and am struggling along here. I keep not posting as I dont want to just post depressing stuff. But then I dont want to be absent either. So tomorrow is weigh in and I will show a gain....ok enough whining...

Finally gettign divorced, I figured I would feel like not eating but instead I am not doing any better. I do have some accomplishments... I havent bought ice cream or pudding. But weight doesnt move without teh gym each day. There is no way to sit and lose fat.

Ok I will be back later...

Susanne

little grasshopper
12-11-2004, 06:19 PM
oh Susanne - I'm so sorry. That sounds like a horrible week! I hope things get straightened out with your license very soon. I'm glad the exam is behind you. And gaining weight before an exam is not a horrible thing! Those are some stressful times you're going through, to gain so little is an achievement also! We miss you here. I hope things work out for you soon. You can talk to us whenever you need to!!

Stormy - the lemon liquor is basically 90proof alcohol, sugar and organic lemons, oh and water. You have to mix and wait and mix and wait. It's not hard though if you want the recipe..It's a Tuscan recipe. I found bottles today but decided not to get them - they were $33 a case. That's too much!!

Today I cheated but by cheating I mean I had bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions. I can't have night shades either. I went to a burrito place and made a salad. Even took my own cheese. Sad, but true :)

okay, have to find bottles on the net. See everyone later!

little grasshopper
12-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Hi everyone! I don't know if there is a new thread yet. I couldn't find one. Was having a very blah day at the beginning but BF surprised me by cleaning the house and getting rid of a buch (and I do mean a BUNCH) of junk.

We took the doggies for a swim. Maggie, the lab actualy did a little swimming. When we got her she was scared of everything. (she's being scared right now and we can't figure out why - she had a great time swimming but is scared now that we're back home) anyway, the two had a blast. Now it's time for Grocery shopping and then a little body work on a friend and I can relax and get ready for the hectic week that is coming.

I'm working two jobs at once this week. Our office manager is on vacation so I'm running the office and seeing my clients at the same time. Of course, since I agreed to do this, I'm booked solid! It's going to be a long week and I've already booked monday out so no one can scedule there. I'll be needing the break! See you guys soon!

Crime girl
12-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Good morning everyone!!
I am moving the board into a new thread so please post on Battle of the Bulge#3!
Thanks!