Support Groups - Need to lose 30kg - Australia

View Full Version : Need to lose 30kg - Australia

ZZZ
12-05-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm very interested in hearing from fellow Australians, but other countries are fine. I'm looking for people who mostly use either MSN or ICQ. PM me for my contacts.

I'm 21, weigh 110kg and am 180cm. I've always been like this to a degree, but I'm only now starting to try and change things. I have been walking at least once per day for half an hour and I've cut down sweets drastically this past month. Just yesterday, I started the Danish diet, but I stupidly ate the tomato in the evening instead of lunch! Can anyone help me decide if I should continue or not? The website does say if there are any deviations, the diet must be stopped.

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with anyone who comes along.

Kewwy
12-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey I'm from australia too...what's the danish diet I've never heard of it? I kind of thing that those fad diets are wrong anyway - cos once yo'uve lost the weight that you want to you won't continue to eat like that for the rest of your life sort of thing it's got to be a gradual process and a way that you're going to stick to eating even when you've lost the weight...I'm from australia too! Where bouts in australia are you from?

Jennifer 3FC
12-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi ZZZ, we have a few Australians here that I know of, maybe some will pop up in this thread!

I would not recommend the Danish diet. I actually just studied it not too long ago, and I feel you are much better off eating a reduced calorie diet that is more balanced. Don't worry about eating the tomato at the wrong time of day. The diet only sheds pounds because it is low in calories. There is nothing magical about eating a sugar cube with a meal, or eating a tomato in a special combination. It is also too low in calories, and it doesn't look very appetizing to me (but that's me!). This will make it harder for you to follow as the diet goes along - unless you love boiled eggs and raw carrots! If it were me, I'd look for a plan that was more like foods and food combinations that I enjoy. The better it fits in with your lifestyle and your preferences, the better chance you have of being successful.

The diet promises a large weight loss, but it is only possible to lose up to a certain amount of fat in one time period, and more weight loss than that would be water. Water regains quickly, and that would be very discouraging to work so hard and have the weight rebound so quickly. Another red flag is that you can only do this once in a 2 year period. It isn't smart to do it at all, but I don't know where they get the 2 year period. My suspicions are that they are trying to make it sound mysterious and special in a way that psyches you into wanting to do it. You're better off with a practical, straight forward plan.

I hope this post isn't too discouraging for you. Please write back with any questions!

ZZZ
12-07-2004, 06:56 AM
Yes, I'm aware of the controversy. But I figured it was 13 days only and it seemed pretty healthy and had good results posted on the message board. Anyway, I've stopped it. I am looking for some sort of plan to follow that works though. I just have no ideas as to what I should be doing. Can you suggest some?

Kewwy, I'm from Sydney. Thanks for the replies.

Shad
12-09-2004, 06:38 AM
There is a few Aussies and Kiwis here ZZZ
Suz in Aus is a kiwi in Sydney, Lyria is from Canberra, Procrastinator pops in and out, she's from Adelaide. I'm in Brisbane. We had a couple from Perth earlier, but I haven't heard from them in a while. Most of the above post in the journals. You might find some more information about diets posting there, or go down the forum page and have a look at weight watcher, south beach, sugar busters, atkins - they all have groups in the forums.
Jennifer is right. The better balanced the diet, the more you are likely to stick with it. Portion control and exercise is what does it for me.
Anyway good luck. Let us know how you go and what you decide to do.

luvs_violets
01-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi Am just rejoining this site after 5 yrs. And I think it has changed a lot for the better I'm sure.

Zzz Im a lot older then you but we both have a lot to lose at least 30 kg. lol. I am in Sydney as well and am just about to head off to work.

I am starting again on Monday and plan to go the low G.I way. What do they call that in U.S.a Jennifer ??? I like the type of food they eat on that one. Can you send me the Danish one to look at Zzz I have been to Denmark and Sweden so want to see if it has any actual Danish foods type things on it lol.

Anyway am hating the weather we are having here at present but makes you long for fruity type foods to eat ... Bye for now Violet

Aussie Gal
01-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Hi, I am also in Australia (Queensland) and have about 25kg to lose. Also looking for support!
I'm trying to do it just by exercising and eating right - no more Coke for me (my biggest weakness, but I know it is just full of sugar).

Look forward to hearing from you...

Pinkshoes
01-16-2005, 01:02 AM
:coffee:

Hi im from victoria, good to see some Aussies here! ;)

I have 11 kilos to loose i started 3 weeks ago and fell off the wagon 3 days ago and have been pigging out. So back on it tomorrow....i have 11 kilos to loose! :dizzy: Hope to get to know you lovely girls.

ZZZ
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone, It's been a while since checking back on this thread. Nice to it's collected some more Australians! Well, since posting, I'm now down to 101kg. I was originally aiming for a weight of 80kg as I haven't been that weight since age 15 or so. But I probably should be somewhere near 70kg I'm guessing. For the moment I'll be elated to get below 100kg. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere near there!

AussieGal, you seem to be the only one here that has MSN. Do you want me to add you? I'd love to chat with the others here. Do either of you use MSN or ICQ? If that's not an option I don't mind emailing.

Ruthxxx
01-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi, Violet. I'm not Jennifer but do know that the plan is called Low G.I. here in Canada and in the USA. There may be a group in here already on that plan. Perhaps you could do a search on glycemic.
Good luck on your weightloss but rely on skill and planning!

Aussie Gal
01-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi ZZZ,

I use MSN, you are more than welcome to add me! I don't use ICQ though.

Congrats on your weight loss so far - that's fantastic!

Hello also to the other Aussies on here :)
C.

ZZZ
01-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Added.

BeckyH87
01-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi Aussie Babes!
I'm a Clayton's Aussie - originally from Pennsylvania, married an Aussie...
I'm in Sydney, too! Hoping to shed the kilos (pounds) that crept on before and during pregnancies. I was 64kg about a week and a half ago and now I am on 62kg.
I am doing simple changes (yet oh so difficult to maintain he adaptation to my 'new' lifestyle). I have started eating breakfast, have a light m.tea, eat a good lunch, have a light a.tea and eat a salad or chicken for dinner. For exercise I have been walking briskly. So far so good. I am trying to fill up on water to avoid eating unhealthy things.
I am looking for encouragement and your inspirational stories are just what I need.
Here's to all of us! Cheers - Becky
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/62/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

luvs_violets
01-18-2005, 04:47 AM
Wow go aussies and anyone else .. Becky good on you ! lol

luvs_violets
01-18-2005, 05:00 AM
Pls. can you tell me how this diet goes? I saw in the Womans day about Princess Marys diet but this must be differnt as has no eggs lol Pls reply Thanks Violet

ZZZ
01-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Oh I didn't bother with the danish diet after what I read here.

luvs_violets
01-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Danish diet again. I just wanted to see what it was,and if different to the Princess Mary one that was in a recent Womans day magazine ?

Going to be another hot day in Sydney today. Going to eat a lot of fruit today and drink water all day.Have the day off so am going to get a bucket and try clean my car for exercise. Cheers Violet

BeckyH87
01-19-2005, 07:27 AM
:?: Hi everyone. I had to practically kick myself to not eat the spaghetti I cooked for my almost 3 yr old and husband. I was just as bad with the walk. BUT... I avoided the spaghetti and went for my walk to return for 4 ryvitas with cheese. Whoo-hoo! :rolleyes: I finally got out the door at 7:40 pm and had my ryvita dinner at 8:30, in between breastfeeds for the 6 1/2 month old. I'm tryng not to eat heavy meals for dinner- particularly that late at night. But what about the next time? How do you make yourselves stay on that whip and chain wagon? :dizzy:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/lb/64/47/62/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

PS This should be kg definitely NOT lbs.

ZZZ
01-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Violet, I really wouldn't know... It's just quick thing. Nothing long term. I'd recommend you google it. I don't want to have anyone get all excited about it.

Becky, I think you can still enjoy the toppings that go with spaghetti. If it's bolognaise, it's really easy to make it healthy. I'm not so sure about the pasta, as I haven't had it in months but some are apparently low GI. Do a bit of research on the internet and in health food stores.

After exercise is apparently the best time to eat, so there are a variety of things I will allow myself. Either two Cruskits with cheese, 10 cashews, 10 cherries or an orange with yoghurt. Fortunately I've not fallen off yet, but it took a lot of willpower in the beginning. I now look at all the sweets my parents keep all over the house and just pass it by. It's a very good mental exercise too I'd say.

Marianna
01-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Hi,
I am from Brisvegas :) I am in the process of losing 40 kilos... 9 down... 31 to go! I am doing the south beach diet, which was actually recommended to me by a dietician that I saw a few years ago. Well they didn't give it that name but it is essentially the same. It is a good carb/low fat way of eating, rather than a diet.

So many aussies getting about! If you would like to check the south beach diet out we have a forum and a daily chat if you want to drop in and say hi. Hope you find a program that works for you.

Take care,
Marianna

BeckyH87
01-20-2005, 05:04 AM
:) Hi ZZZ and Welcome Marianna!
I woke up this morning and weighed in. Lost another kilo! Now I know kicking myself out the door last night was worth it. :smug:
After work tom. we go away for a week, hope I can keep it up (or do I mean 'down'? :dizzy: )

Hope you are all doing well and losing, losing, losing! Talk back at you in a week or so. HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY! :flow2:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/61/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

ZZZ
01-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Lucky you!! I've been stuck in the 100s to too long now. And I lost my willpower last night and had tempura seafood and ice cream... Ugh!

Amity
01-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Just seen this thread and thought I'd pop my head in and say hi. i'm from wollongong so not too far from you guys in sydney. I'm 30 and am married with 4 kids - 5 if you include hubby, which I often do :lol: I have about 30 kg to lose and i've lost about 3 since starting just before new years. I am not following any diet in particular just making sure that I'm burning more calories than I eat and drinking lots of water. Trying my best to stay away from my one true addiction - chocolate and trying to develop some good eating habits before i head back to uni on the 21st feb. I also have a valentines day goal of 190 pounds (about 85kg). I do have MSN but not ICQ,pm me if you want my details.

Take care!

BeckyH87
01-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi ZZZ, Marianna, Violet and WELCOME AMITY!
I am back from a week away. I refuse to step on the scale until Sunday. I managed to continue to exercise but I also ate a bit more that I was (and a bit more of the nasties). So I'll post an update on the weigh in later. I am sure I have gained, as I can feel it.
BUT we had a great time. My almost 3 year old loved being in the water (we were at Currawong Beach, near the Basin, near Palm Beach). My 7 month old just giggled at everything. It was so peaceful. Only 9 one bedroom older cottages, no tv, no radio. It was wonderful!
Anyway, Amity, mind if I join you on a mini goals well? I think by Valentine's Day (which is only about 2 weeks away) I'll try for 58kg (57 would be better but like I said, it's only about 2 weeks away).
Anybody else want to join us?
Take care all! Hope you all had a great Australia Day! - Becky

BeckyH87
01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
:D Hi all! I woke up this morning more determined than as week and the week before to get these fatty deposits smaller! I went for my walk/run and I have topped up the water intake again. I am ABSOLUTELY determined to get to that mini goal by Valentine's Day, Amity! I am going for a 4 kg loss, minimum. I will weigh in tomorrow and see just how much I gained while on holidays. Will post the 'news' of that weigh in tomorrow afternoon. :?: I have told my husband that he really needs to support me and push me out the door for exercise and to make sure I eat correctly.
I can't wait for the first person to comment, but for now- sadly nobody can see any of the differences. They must be too small to notice. Oh well. :^: Posting you all tomorrow, Becky

Amity
01-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Hi Guys, :coffee:

Thanks for the welcome becky :D Please join me with the mini goals, I find breaking it down to small chunks makes it manageable :). It sounds like you had a great time away, It's so nice down that way - I'm jealous lol. Your kids sounds absolutely adorable. This week has been a super busy one and the exercise program has been somewhat non-existent lol. I've got my eldest 2 children going back to school and Monday and my youngest son will start kindergarten on tuesday ( I have a daughter who is still in preschool :) ). Monday should be a challenge. When each of my kids starts "big" school I take them somewhere for lunch the day before, they get to choose where, and yep you guessed it he picked McDonalds :dizzy: :?: I guess I'll be taking a packed lunch lol. Anyway just popped in for a quick hello and now it's back to labelling, well, everything for school next week.

Take Care and have a great weekend :D

BeckyH87
01-29-2005, 04:43 PM
:goodvibes Hi everyone!
As promised I did my weigh in this morning. :?:
And to my surprise, a very pleasant one at that, I didn't gain any kilos! :smug: I actually lost another one! :bravo: Am I feeling proud of myself or what!
Now I know I can do this whole weight loss thing. Yeah!
Amity, I am definitely in for the mini goal for St Valentines Day.

I have been labeling clothes, too for Daycare. But I only have two little ones. And can I just tell you teachers lurve moms like you who take the time to label the clothes and make sure everthing is just right for the kids. I attest to that because I am a primary school teacher (currently on maternity leave, but going back early for two days :stress: ) Oh and I thought about your gorgeous little one's request to have lunch at McDonalds. You can have one of their salads, provided the lettuce is still green and hasn't gone brown. And an orange juice. That'll get you by... ;)

Okay here's my long term goal

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

And here's my St Valentine's Day goal

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/64/57/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

Amity
01-30-2005, 12:54 AM
Hi all - my weigh in is not until tuesday but to be honest I'm not sure I'll have much of a loss but I'm positive I haven't gained either so thats something.

Becky - Congratulations on losing another kg you are doing so great :) . I did something i never thought I'd do yesterday lol - I logged onto the McDonalds website and used their nutritional calculator to decide what I was going to have before I went (pretty shocking huh lol) anyway I decided on their garden salad (minus the dressing) and a berry nice yoghurt for desset, not the best but not the worst either lol.

And thanks to my daughters kamakaze act last night she will be joining us on our special lunch lol. She now has 8 stitches in her eyebrow and because of where it is I can't cover it for preschool. If I can't cover it I have no chance of keeping it clean and dry at preschool so she is having the week off too. So much for time for myself for the first time in 6 weeks lol. The important thing is that she's ok. It also puts the new exercise routine out the window before it even starts lol Oh well the best laid plans and all that.

BeckyH87
01-30-2005, 05:11 AM
Hi.
Hope everyone is progressing well and spirits are up.
Amity - Good luck for your weigh in on Tuesday - and the lunch at McDonald's. I think what you did was eally resourceful , actually... looking on their website. So well done!
Yes, the kid thing. The bruises and scrapes and blood, eeek! Kinda changes every plan you make. Well, maybe you can go up and down the steps for 10 minutes while they sleep? Something is better than nothing, eh? Maybe a walk?
But heh, let's look at this rationally. You're eating haelthy and that alone means something! So don't get too frustrated over it all.
How is everone else doing? ZZZ? Marianna? Violet? Anyone else? Hope you are all doing well and hope to hear your 2 bits, soon! ;)
Cheers, Becky

Okay here's my long term goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

And here's my St Valentine's Day goal
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/64/57/60/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

ZZZ
01-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Hey everyone,

Yeah, I'm doing ok. I'm now in the 90s! Averaging at 98kg. I'm a bit worried that I'm losing muscle, so I'm eating lots of nuts and seeds. Also joined a gym, so I hope to get a bit more variety in my exercise there.

BeckyH87
01-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Fantastic News, ZZZ!
That's 'bloody' excellent! :cb: Well done! :cp: I am ecstatic for you! You must be feeling pretty chuffed, too! Whoopie! :hyper: I'm doing backflips for you! :hat: It must be great, breaking through that 100 barrier! :bravo:
Love,
Becky

myowngoddess
01-31-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi everyone. It took this thread to actually get me to log on. I have been visiting this sight for a couple of weeks now but am just as reserved online as real life so this is big step for me.
Congrats on the double digits zzz:) . It was a big deal for me to get under 100 and am currently sitting on 93. My new jeans are a size 14 which I really have to admit is impressive as I have been a size 24/26 my whole life.
I love the common sense approach most posters on this site have and one I had to take when I decided I wanted to change my body size.
I am in Adelaide and have two kids, 6 and 2. Life has gotten back to routine since school started yesterday and I have much for time for surfing the net and spending time with my little guy who is eating a dolls hand and watching play school at the moment.
Now I have made my first post nothing can stop me:D.

happyterror
01-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi to all the other aussies I am new here but want to lose about 30kg too. I live in qld. I am counting calories and walking, I was a member of a gym last year to get my fitness levels up for a O/S trip, (it worked but I didnt diet so I only lost a few kgs). But now I am completely serious.

myowngoddess
01-31-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi happyterror. Looks like its the day for new posters :) .
From what understand a lot of people find a goal, such as getting married, a good incentive to lose weight for and if that's what works for you go for it. Do you mind if I ask if you still get married if you didn't lose the 30kg? I assume it would be yes.
It has been (insensitively) suggested that I renew my vowels sometime in the future wearing a size 10 wedding dress instead of a size 24 and the thought appals me. We had such a special wedding ceremony and I will always display my wedding photo proudly. That was the day we chose to commit publicly to each other for life, better or worse and thick (fat) and thin. The thought that somebody would think it would be different because I was a different size is frankly, insulting.
It's more the thought of someone putting off something so personal until they think they are more "appropriate" to the public eye just about breaks my heart.
Of course I am in no way opposed to losing weight. Did it myself and will continue to until my body decides to stop but I am just as special now as I was on my wedding day and if I say so myself I looked pretty damn gorgeous :D .
Good luck.

ZZZ
02-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Myowngoddess, Wow! See, I'm probably still sitting on a loose 18 - tight 16. Can you tell me your height? I'm 179cm and I honestly don't think I'll get down to 14. Also, how have you gone about your weight loss? How long did it take you and what exercise do you do?

Also, everyone if you didn't already know, there's another forum which has a large number of Australians. You'll find it here: http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/forum/

myowngoddess
02-01-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey ZZZ. I am about 169cm I guess hmmm 5ft 7 or so I think. I should say 14 jeans or skirts fit but my top half is another story, big shoulders, arms, bust etc. Went from C cup to tight DD or E. Strange.
The weight loss is a strange thing. I have always been interested in health and fairly healthy, even at a large weight and with hormones going slightly haywire due to being heavy but always looked like there was no way I would weigh 153kg. I have never really been on a 'weight loss' diet before but just decided I would see what it was like to be smaller. You know, wonder how the other half lives :) . So just decided to do more exercise and eat less...sounds really simple and it sort of was once I got the right thinking and decided to do it. I have lost 60kg in ten months and guess I will lose another 20 at a bit slower pace, it will probably come off pretty slowly now.
I am a big believer in creating our own reality with our thoughts and intentions, visualisation etc and when I decided to change my body size these techniques really seemed to work.
Our brains are amazing things. Think Wholistically. Mind, body, spirit connection.

BeckyH87
02-02-2005, 01:39 AM
:wave: Hi Guys! and welcome!
Glad you took the dive, myowngoddess. It's nice to have heaps of people on board. Welcome happyterror. I hope you both find what you need here, even if it's just a giggle!
Hey how was McDonalds and that first day of school?
And how are you going ZZZ?

I have started the second phase of my exercise program and I am not fit, but I'll get there. I also started work again for two days a week and so I am feeling extrememly stressed about it all. I feel like I am in over my head. But I'll get there, I always do. I have been diligent about getting out to walk/run. I even went out today, in the rain. Gotta get that Valentines goal.

Well I just wanted to check in and say welcome, and hello. Gotta get dinner going before 7m old wakes up!
Take care all! - Becky

Amity
02-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Hi All :coffee:

Both Mcdonalds and the first day of school went off without a hitch :D . He loves achool atm and really likes his teacher too. Its such a relief - he can't wait to get there in the mornings. It was so funny on tuesday afternoon - He came home from school and said "mum gues what" he was so excited when I asked him what he said "I know my class, I'm in KF. And Mrs Fisher said I could have Saturdays and Sundays off" :lol: I didn't have the heart to tell him no-one goes to school on the weekends.

It has been a **** of a week. I haven't weighed in this week, I just kept forgetting lol. Hannah got her stitches out this morning and her cut is healing really well. Oh and we have had a couple of new additions to the family - Our cat had 2 kittens in the early hours of this morning. I will weigh in again tomorrow.

Welcome myowngoddess and Happy Terror.
have a great weekend everyone :)

BeckyH87
02-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Hi everyone,
Well I think I have hit a wall. I stepped on the scale this morning just to see how I was travelling because my 'official' weigh ins are on Sunday mornings. I wanted to see how much I had to slug it out between now and then and looks like a lot, because I am sitting on the same weight as on Tues. I have too far to go before I start plateauing. (sorry about sp.). Anyway, I have been exercising and eating well. So, grrrrr. :halfempty
I have to lose over a kilo a week to get to my goal by my b-day (in Apr) and this ain't gonna happen if I start plateauing. (there's that spelling again) :dunno:
I had a cry, too, Amity. I had to put my 7 m in care and cried all the way to daycare. My almost 3 yr old could have cared less about her sister starting and she was unaware of my feelings (I can do the brave face, ok). But geeze it was hard. The 7 m. didn't cope either and I knew she wouldn't because she is very attached to me. I think that's why it was so hard. :cry:
Glad to hear your little guy enjoyed the day. And good news about the stitches. Did you end up getting any exercise in for the week? I know you were worried about that.
How are the rest of you guys going? Zzz? happyterror? myowngoddess? Marianna? Hope you are all well. :wave:
Take care,
Becky

Marianna
02-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Sorry that I haven't contributed much - just having a bit if a crappy time at home!

But I am back on the wagon today - thinking positively and doing positive actions. Will read all of the posts soon and then post back.

Take Care,
Marianna

BeckyH87
02-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Hi everyone!
Trying to stay acccountable. I am not too happy at the moment. Afraid I may not meet my mini goal for Valentine's Day. I put on half kilo that I appeared to have lost on Tues morning.

Starting weight 64kg
Week 1 62 kg
Week 2 60 kg
Week 3 60 kg

Valentine's Day goal

Long term goal

BeckyH87
02-09-2005, 11:36 PM
This is a hello to everyone and a little chat because I hope everyone is reaching their goals and more especially I hope you are all happy.

Hi ZZZ, hope you are doing really well and just wanted to let you know, I took your advice and did eat some spaghetti the other night so I could still enjoy some of the simpler things in life. I only ate a bit but it was enough for me. :p

Hi Kewwy, I hope you are getting closer to your 60 mark. How's that going? :D

Hello Joy! :) You were trying to get rid of 17 kg, are you getting out of the teens by now? I wish you the best.

Hi Violet! Miss your postings, hope you are just so busy enjoying life (maybe winning lotto ;) ) that life has become a breeze for you.

And Aussie Gal, you were trying to get to 58 kg. I hope you are there. I hope to get there by the end of next week, too. Wish me luck! :smug:

Hi Pink Shoes, your 54 goal is mine for next month. I'll keep you posted but certainly hope you are getting to your goal, too. :cool:

How is the February challenge going for you Marianna? I hope you have lost half of the 3kg you wanted to, at this stage in the month. Good luck with that. :)

And life in the Gong must be going well for you Amity. Congratulations on reaching your Valentine's Day goal before Valentine's Day. Well done. By the way, you might chuckle at this. Somewhere along the line my 7 1/2 m :devil: learned how to do a high pitch SCREAM whenever she is annoyed, frustrated, or just whenever. Ughh! :?: I don't know how to curb it. It's driving me batty. :dizzy: :mad:

Hello myowngoddess... hope you are still chugging along and reading the postings. I also hope you are still inspired and reaching your goals. You broke through the hundreds and I am sure you must be about to break through the 90's now. Hope you are doing well. :p

And happyterror ( I might borrow that name for my 7 1/2 m. old :lol: ). How are your wedding plans going? I'd say that in itself would have you shedding the kilos. It's not the stress I am referring too either, it's the fact that it's a lot to think about and organise and that keeps you on the move. Hope you are blissfully happy and enjoying the planning. :) best wiches to you!

At work this week, just about everyone made a comment on my weight loss. The scales aren't impressing me at the moment, but when I heard the comments I thought, right this is working- just ignore the scales and keep going.
And for now I say cheerio to you wonderful people! Thanks for your support and postings, they keep me going. - Becky :dizzy:

ZZZ
02-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Hey everyone. I'm really not worrying about what I eat too much anymore since I did the calculations a few weeks back and I was only eating 1040 calories on a good day - that is the simple explanation for my dizziness I guess. So for the last few weeks I've been using protein powder with yoghurt to make sure I'm not losing muscle and basically eating as much healthy food as I wish. Scale weight I'm still in the 97 kg range, but it doesn't bother me.

Listen up everyone, the MOST you are capable of losing or gaining in a week is 1-2 pounds (.9kg)! The rest that you appaer to have gained/lost is either water or muscle. So if you seem to end up heavier after a week of exercise or resistance work, that is a GOOD thing. And by the way, muscle weighs more than fat.

beck_in_oz
02-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Heya all,

I thought this might be a good place to introduce myself as this seems to be where the 'aussies' are! My name is Beck and I live in adelaide. I have just started using Dr. Phil's book and am about halfway through reading it. I have changed my eating for about a week and it was so poor before that I have currently lost 4kg which is a good sign!!!

Just thought id say hi and introduce myself!
Beck! :)

myowngoddess
02-16-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi everyone, and welcome bec. I'm sort of new here too, or rather new to posting as I'm quite introverted. I'm in Adelaide too.
I really did get a lot of good ideas from watching Dr Phil's show (hey, the little one is sleeping at midday so it's TV time for mama!!). I need to see some more weight loss shows in the new season they are showing, they really helped inspire me last year. Actually I haven't really lost much weight since last season finished...lol :).
I'm not really losing much at the moment. I'm somewhat going back to binging but peeved that I'm allowing myself to do it. Why am I giving myself permission to do something I don't want to do. It has to be more than the fact that I bloody well love food! Slowly sorting it out again and getting into the right headspace.
I want to get out of the 90's. I don't think I've weighed 80 anything since primary school. How bizarre will that be!
I really must go and cook some tea for these kids soon but this is the time of day when my body is demanding sweet, fried, or basically any type of food in large amounts. I am trying to have cups of tea with sweet and low which I hope with help with the 5pm binge craving. Wish me luck.

Marianna
02-16-2005, 04:37 AM
Hi Everyone..

I have little success to report - unfortunately I have the willpower at the moment, but I done the muscles in my lower back! So I have been just hobbling around on painkillers since last Friday - it is really driving me balmy!!!

But I did hire a treadmill for the next 3 months to really get some exercise moving.. it arrived on Monday and I have done 2 X 30 minute sessions that have been very gentle, but at least I am moving.

The doctor thinks it will be another 2 weeks before my back is fine - so I don't think I will make my February target of 3 kilos.. but I will keep eating well and see what comes of it.

Hi Beck - its lovely to meet you.

myowngoddess - you are absolutley right about requiring the right headspace! You have just done so well.. I am confident that you can do this! You are a great inspiration.

Take care everyone

beck_in_oz
02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Hey goddess, artemis!

Thanks for your warm welcome!

goddess - i found the dr phil shows to be awesome inspiration too, i really believed that it could be done! I eventually went out and got the book & it was a great decision. I admire your efforts - it must be very hard to keep commited when so much of your time is spent on your kids, i work with children and never get the chance to eat! Good luck with the binge cravings!

Beck! :)

Amity
02-17-2005, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have just popped in for a quick hello before I'm off again lol. Uni starts back next week so I have been running around and trying to catch up on everything before I go back (you know washing, ironing, vacuuming - all the horrible stuff you put off for as long as you can lol) My free time is about to fly out of the window. and I'm going to love every minute of it. 2 years to go (including this year) and I will be a registered nurse - I can't wait. My diet seems to be back on track. I did have 2 slices of pizza for dinner last night. I don't count that as slipping though because I was in control of what I ate. I had 2 pieces and stopped, filling up on a side salad. This whole good eating stuff is for life and I don't think saying I will never ever eat pizza again is realistic. I think I more have to learn to control myself when I eat the not so good foods and only have a little and I haven't had take away for 7 weeks now (I pop a lean cuisine in the microwave whenever hubby and the kids have - usually about once a fortnight). In any case even with the pizza I still was under my calorie allowance for the day.

becky - Don't you just love those high pitched squeals. They sure get yoiur attention. When My kids did it I used to put a cd on to drown them out lol. It got their attention and trust me when you start dancing they start to look at you like your mad and forget about the screaming. lol

Hello to everyone else I missed. I hope everyone enjoys their day.

Bye for now.

beck_in_oz
02-17-2005, 11:45 PM
Im not sure if there is anyone around here who would be able to help me out, im kinda looking for a 'buddy', preferably some1 in oz. I really feel that having some1 to talk to is nescessary and, although blessed with wonderful accepting and supportive friends, they simply cant understand my position! As stated earlier, im in adelaide and im 23! I use MSN, Yahoo...

Cheers, Beck! :)

BeckyH87
02-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to check in and say a few words. Life is kind getting away from me. I am back at work and I feel like I am on everyone else's timetable other than my own. :tread:
I managed to lose a half a kilo last week. :hyper: Weigh in for me is tomorrow so I hope I see a little more lost, ahh. I have been very good to myself this week, I didn't cheat at all. I tried to keep a promise to myself because last week I had a few slip ups, controlled, but slip ups none the less. Anyway it's been a good week for eating wisely.
Exercise, hmmm... well this was supposed to be my light week, but I ended up taking baby for walks strapped to me (in a carrier) and my toddle in a pram. :rofl: That was hard work, not light work. We also went to the zoo one day, again with a carrier and the pram. Hopefully it'll all have been good and all will be revealed at weigh in.
Bye for now. ;)
Becky
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/59/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

redviolet
02-20-2005, 09:45 PM
I've just joined the forum and it's great to see some other Australians around. I live in Melbourne with my son - he turns 18 this week so it's about time he moved out :)

My goal atm is to lose 20 kgs and so far I've lost 4.1 of that. My mini goals is to have lost 10 kgs all up by the end of March which will take me into double figures.

LoseForLife
02-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi all!

My name's Lynne and I'm based in Adelaide. I've been a member on this site for ages now, and am really pleased to see lots of Aussies here. I hope you don't mind if I join.... :)

Zzz, I read your first posts with a great deal of interest. You are a lot younger than me - I'm 34 - but your stats are the same. Mind you, you're further along the weight loss track than me. I see that you've lost quite a bit since you first posted, which is really cool!

I've done a few different weight loss programs over time, but the one I learnt the most from was Weight Watchers. Their concept really helped me appreciate what I can eat in a day, based on my weight, and how to portion things out to have a balanced program. The key is to make sure to eat something of everything, except the fatty things, which can be had in moderation when balanced with all the good stuff. You can even have a few drinks, but again, it's balanced against how you've gone with your food. It's such a great program, I totally support it. I'm not doing it now, but the lessons I learnt from it really help me in my daily choices.

A couple of things I've learnt along the way - drink lots of water (at least 2 litres) each day, exercise 20 minutes a day for about 4 - 5 days a week. Don't eat after 8pm, but make sure to have a decent meal for dinner, as well as breakfast and lunch. I find if you have breakfast at 7am, snack at 10am, lunch at 12pm, snack at 3pm and dinner at 7pm, you keep the metabolism going as well as energy. Carbs are important, as they provide good energy, especially if they are low GI, which means they burn a lot slower and provide longer lasting energy.

I haven't been following a plan for a while, I've had a rather rough few months, but I haven't GAINED, which I'm always thankful for! My downfall is hopping on the scales all the time, which is a big no-no, and I have to overcome that this year!

I want to get down to 80, and then possibly as close to 70 as I can, but it's been such a long time that anything below 90 would be wicked!

PS I'm a huge fan of Dr Phil as well - he beats Oprah anyday I reckon! :lol:

Well, sorry to make this so long. I hope you're all going well, and I'm hoping that by being a part of this thread I will gain the motivation to get back into the program. I want to make this a part of my life. I've GOT to get off the pizza!!!! :nono:

Catcha soon!

BeckyH87
02-22-2005, 03:12 AM
Why are we moved and how do we find the thread again?

LoseForLife
02-23-2005, 12:48 AM
If you're asking why the thread ended up on the second page of threads in the Support Groups section, it's because the thread gets bumped back by those in front who have had more recent posts. As no one has posted since me yesterday, but on other threads lots of other posts have been submitted, they are more current than this one. Does that make sense?

BeckyH87
02-23-2005, 03:34 AM
Hi Lynne,
Yeah, I am new to this, so I only know a bit about finding things. If I want to find us do I have to keep searching through all of the pages of postings to find us? Or is there an easier method? Like just typing in a keyword and then boom we pop up?
Thanks Lynne,

Becky

Amity
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
have you subscribed to the thread? If you have you can just go to your list of subscribed threads and click on it from there. The subscribed threads is in the quick links menu (at the top of the page) under miscellaneous.

Well its official, I am now back at uni and have almost zero time to spare (which shows in the scales I have lost 2 kg this week, I have only managed 1 at the most before and I was happy with that - must be all the cross campus dashes lol cause I am eating the same amount.) I just really popped in for a quick hi. Now I need to get back to the books lol.

LoseForLife
02-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Hi again

I'm not sure if it's just coincidence, but I got up feeling VERY inspired today, and am determined to increase my exercise and watch my food better. The last few months have been hard, and it's so hard to stay focussed. I'm recently widowed with 2 young kids, so as you can imagine, there's not much spare time in the day to remember ME.
But, I've made ME a priority - I got up at 6.45am and got on my exercise bike for 10 minutes. I'll do more tonight. I'm going to do that for 20 minutes min. each day, as well as 1/2 hour of weights etc. I'm going to NZ at the end of March to see my in-laws and I'd really like to look a bit trimmer than I do now!!!

Amity, you are doing really well!! Congrats on the loss this week! What program are you following?

Becky, don't be worried about not finding your way around. I've been doing this for about 3 years and I still get confused sometimes! I reckon their help desk must be sick of me! :lol:

Catch you all next week. My computer's down at home, so I have to post from work, which isn't until next Tues. Hope you all have a good and HEALTHY weekend!! :D

Amity
03-01-2005, 02:34 AM
Hi All -

I finally have a couple of minutes to spare. I have to admit I am going to make the time to come here at least a couple of times a week because I feel much better when i do. Its just nice to know that I'm not alone here. Anyway long stroy short after my 2 kg loss last week i have only lost 200g this week. oh well a loss is a loss right?

Lynne - Thanks :D I'm not doing any particular programs just exercising for at least 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week (although I haven't been as good about this as I should be lately lol) and counting calories. Every one i know seems to think counting calories is old fashioned and unnecessary but since coming here I have learnt alot and one of the first things I learnt is that weight loss comes down to one thing and that is that you have to burn more calories than you put in your mouth lol. Anyway it seems to be working for me so I'm keeping at it.

Becky - Where are you? I hope everythings ok?

Hello to everyone else, I hope your all enjoying your week.

BeckyH87
03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Hi Amity!! Hi Lynn!!

I did post a message last week but by the time I did my weight loss tracker thingy I lost the post I just typed out. :?:
Anyway, I am feeling really swamped at this point in time. :dizzy: I am back at work and I am working on a project with a friend two days a week, while our children nap and I work on the weekends. It's got me down and really tired. It's a 6 day work week, basically.

I thought I would have adjusted by now, but I am having difficulties with it. I have always been a busy person with these hectic schedules so it's not unusual for me to be this busy. But I am really, really tired. I haven't had a decent exercise since two weeks ago and I have been off the wagon all of last week. I will jump on the scales tom. morning and see what I have gained. Hopefully not too much.

Last night, to cheer myself up and give me some 'me' time, I made two BEAUTIFUL 'artworks'. I had some deep-set picture frames and put in each one: a photo of a daughter from our beach holiday, some seashells we collected while on the holiday and an imprint of a sandy footprint. They look stunning! I am so impressed. To get the footprint, the night before last, I had to put glue on the bottom of their foot, then press the foot onto a thin sheet of cardboard and then I sprinkled sand over the glue. They look so cute.

It has me inspired to do some more scrapbooking, too.

Anyway, the plan is to get a decent walk/run in tonight, come home for a big salad dinner and then weigh in tomorrow. I have to get back on the wagon, because I am starting to feel glum and I don't like that feelikng. The little framing last night has me feeling good, so today is a new day.

I hope you guys are doing well. How are you coping with uni, Amity. You're as insane as I am! ;)

Bye, Becky

BeckyH87
03-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Hi. I weighed in this morning... gained one kg back. So I went out for a jog (more like a shuffle) for 21 min with a cool down walk of a further 10 min. Back on the wagon, back on the water and back onto better eating. Gotta see how I go over these next three weeks. Hope to get a further4kg off, but I know that is not likely so i want to see just how close I can get to there.
Did 5 pages in my youngest daughter's scrapbook last night. i am up to boxing Day of this year for her book. Baby steps...
Take care all!

LoseForLife
03-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Hi guys!

I've been really impressed with myself this week. I haven't exercised every day, but with having just moved, there's lots of unpacking and moving stuff around, which definitely counts! It also keeps me too busy to be snacking at night! I'm hoping to see a really good first week loss!

Amity, definitely take the loss! It all adds up doesn't it!! I don't know much about counting calories. I did WW a couple of years ago, so I tend to think in points, but it's the same type of concept - making sure you don't put more into your body than you can work off. The problem is that I gain weight just looking at high-point food!!! :lol:

Becky, 1 kilo is okay - we fluctuate enough anyway, but from what you said, the last couple of weeks have been a bit "off", but you've got the right attitude to pick up and keep going! I find that if I'm really busy and not exercising, I feel more tired than if I get up in the morning and do my bike. I've just moved, and I've got 2 kids to look after, and I'm working part time, and I've found it hard to adjust too. It takes a while. It's so important to look after yourself, but it sucks if that means getting up at 6.30am to find the time!!! I'm working Tues, Wed and Thurs, so I reckon I just exercise my butt off on the other 4 days, and then let it go on those 3 days, cos there's just not enough time in the day. And obviously eat well all the time. I'm trying to learn to be more organised, so I have time to make lunch etc before I go to work. I have to take lots of healthy snacks, that are interesting, or I get "snacky" and get tempted to go to the shop for junk.

I'm an artist myself, and your frames sound really nice. I reckon home art looks so good up on the walls! How many kids have you got?

I might not get in again before Tues, as I haven't unpacked my puter yet, so if not, have a great weekend!

PS I'm hoping to shed a few kilos before the end of March. We'll have to egg each other on!

Cheers for now!

I'm Living
03-05-2005, 11:43 AM
HI guys just found this thread hope you don,t mind me jumping in I,m Julie and I,m from SYDNEY but I,m out in the country anyway just thought I,d touch base with some fellow aussies, I,m 47 and have at least 23kgs to lose trying hard to stay focused, bye for now BLESSED BE, JULIE

Amity
03-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi All.

Julie - welcome, the more the merrier (so to speak ;) ) :D

Lynn - most definitely taking the loss :lol: Yep counting calories is almost the same as points. I did weight watchers for a while but somehow was never able to work out how many points the different foods had so if it wasn't in their little book I had no idea. This is much easier for me. I also watch my fat intake but I couldn't be bothered with the whole carbs thing.

Becky - Hey great to see you back again. Don't worry too much about the gain it's only a kg and it could be from anything. We all can fluctuate by up to a kg a day it whether it stays there that counts and your determined to make it return to where it came from so bravo. Keep going you can do it!

Well I weighed in this morning and have lost another kg so I'm pretty happy all up I've lost 8kg (geez 17 pounds sounds much better doesn't it lol). At the moment I am getting up at 5:45am so I can have everything done before I have to be at uni by 8:30. I only have to be there at that time wed-Fri but 3 of my kids have to go to before school care so I can be there on time, that means having all 4 kids dressed and ready to leave by 7am (the 4th one is still at preschool), I just get up that early for the rest of the week to get into the habit otherwise I'm a walking zombie by 9am on those days lol. I am not a morning person :dizzy: I have not been exercising in the last week, but I finish uni at 1:30 today so I thought I might go for a long walk when I get home seeing as though it's not too hot in the morning. Its actually quite cold this morning - I have actually pulled out my trackpants today :o brrrr its march alright lol. Anyway better get this washing on the line.

Take Care everyone

Amity
03-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Sorry to post twice in one day but I just had to share this lol. I had to get my kids blue books out this morning and inside were my antenatal cards and guess what? I now weigh 3kg less than I did when I fell pregnant with Jack or Hannah (my weight when I fell pregnant with both of them was 86kg - I now weigh 83kg). Definitely doing the happy dance :D :cb::dance::dancer:

LoseForLife
03-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Hi all!

Amity, that is so COOL! I'd love to be pre-baby weight. I was the same - I weighed 86kg with my first, and haven't been back there in long time (he's now 8!) WELL DONE! **patting you on the back** :dance:

AND you are doing this with uni and 4 kids! HOly cow! I'm struggling, and I'm working part time with 2 kids! How DO you manage???

Hi to Julie Downunder.

Well, I can officially record my first loss - a whopping 1.1kg! :lol: I was hoping for more, but I ended up having pizza with the kids on Friday night... :o I'm feeling better already. I didn't exercise as much as I'd hoped, but now that most of the unpacking is done, I'll have more time to do "normal" stuff!

However, I'm thrilled to be under 110, and have lost weight at all, so here it goes....

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: hee hee

If I continue this type of weight loss, I'll be into the 90's in about 2 months!! How exciting is that!

I'd better get back to work - I'm on lunch break at the moment...

Chow!

BeckyH87
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi Lynne, Amity and Julie!
Sorry I haven't checked in. I have been busy and will continue to be so for the next three - four weeks.
My eldest daughter turned 3 on Tuesday, so I was busy shopping and preparing treats for her 'party' at daycare. And now I am in the middle of doing a more intensive preparation for her party this weekend.
8 month old is cutting her second tooth and started crawling last Thursday!

In the meantime, i am back to eating healthy and trying to get exercsing going again. Yesterday I went up and down the stairs for 20 minutes. Phew! May have to do that again.
I lost 2 kg from last week to this. Sitting on 57kg at the moment and just squeezing with some wriggles, jiggles and a lot of wiggles, into my 'fat' jeans. Still not pre-prego, but on the road to that place.
Bye for now, Becky

LoseForLife
03-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi all!

Becky, congrats on the 2 kilo loss! :dance: :dance: I'm hoping for a loss like that this week..... The stairs are a good idea - my gym trainer would make me do that AFTER a workout!!! :eek: 2 girls under 3 - wow! how do you do it!? My sister's kids are a very similar age, and I don't envy her the stress dealing with 2 screaming littlies! I'm lucky that my Josh is 8, and Becky is 2, so he helps out quite a lot. Since their dad died, he's been the little man of the house, and sometime I wonder how I'd cope if he were younger.

Howís this for a good way to diet Ė go to the dentist and get root canal treatment!!! :mad:

I went in to get a filling on one tooth, but another one has been killing me the last couple of days, and it was one that I had a filling on about 2 months ago. Well, he assessed the damage, and said, sorry, itís either gotta come out, or itís root canal! Far out man, $500 later!!! He had to give me 3 local anaesthetics in the end, so he could get the filling out. I was so tempted to say, well seeing as how the filling didnít work, can I have my money back!!!??? Anyway, he suggested I donít eat on that side of my mouth for a couple of hours, and since I canít feel anything, itís best I donít at all! So I havenít had anything since breakfast, which I didnít have much of because of my sore tooth (my favourite Just Right Meusli too!), and now itís 1pm and Iím STARVING. Iíve just heated up a little quiche, and Iím nibbling on that.. CAREFULLY! :lol: Iím having that with a cup of low fat noodle soup, and then Iíll have my low fat banana yoghurtÖ.

I reckon Iíve lost some weight here Ė my 2 skirts that Iíve worn to work yesterday and today were DEFINITELY feeling looser around the waist. I LOVE it! :D (Mind you, my sizing is huge compared to you Becky!!)

I didnít manage to get on my bike last night because I had such a bad headache cos of the toothache, but did do 15 minutes the night before, and will definitely get on again tonight. Iím trying to toughen up my butt so I can last longer!!! :lol: :o

See you tomorrow!

BeckyH87
03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Hi everyone!
Been to Vanuatu and went to work the very next day upon our return. Now it's laundry, unpack and restock with food. Oh boy! Haven't stepped on scale in a while, but am not too afraid as Vanuatu was too darn hot and didn't feel like eating much. So all should be fairly decent on the numbers game. Hope you are all well and had a gr8 4 day weekend!

Amity
03-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Just popped in for a quick hi. Not much happening really lol I have lost 1kg in the last 3 weeks. My weight loss has slowed down alot since going back to uni, but the numbers are still going down, so I'm happy. I haven't really been exercising either but since I'm on recess this wee, I've forced myself to at least go for a 1 hour walk a day. I'm actually enjoying it as a break from essay writing.

Becky - wow vanuatu, I'm so jealous. That must have been amazing. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Lynne, I hope that toothache has gone and your feeling better.

Take Care guys
Have a great weekend

Amity
04-05-2005, 05:10 PM
woohoo I finally hit the 20 pounds lost (wel 21 pounds actually) :D . Anyway just wanted to pop in, weigh in and say hi - where are you guys? Hope everything is ok.

take care

BeckyH87
04-11-2005, 11:14 AM
:dizzy: Hi to you all. Well I feel like I have been on a merry-go-round that just ain't stopping! I went back to work and that's really got me running. We are on break for these next two weeks, but I am doing some work this week anyway. Gotta pay the bills, you know the story. :^:
I endured a very miserable weekend. My darling hubby shared a virus with me. I got the worse end of the deal. About 2:30 am (Sat) I was running to the bathroom. That continued well into the later part of the real Sat morning. I couldn't eat anything and basically slept all day. I don't usually get so sick and vomiting isn't a thing I do, not even when pregnant, so this was a real trip. Hubby took care of the kids (and me), poor fellow. I am fine now, thankfully.
I managed to lose 1 kg because of the bug. Don't know that it'll stay off.

I am not so motivated these days. Need a good kick up the bum. I am hoping this 2 week break will get me motivated to make time for exercise again. I am certainly eating better. Any advice to get me motivated again? I can come up with the best excuses.

I hope you are doing well, Amity and Lynne.

I'll try to check in more regularly over these next 2 weeks.

-Becky

Here we go...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar057/fireworks01/kg/64/47/56/ (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php)

LoseForLife
04-12-2005, 01:08 AM
Hi all!

After having such a crappy year last year, I promised myself that this year I would find "me" again, and be proud of my achievements when I get to the end of the year. I made some promises, such as to say "goodbye" to the old me, and focus on who I am today and what I need to do to make myself happier. I also promised to focus on my weight loss, and made some little but vital adjustments. And today the promises continue - I don't exercise enough. That's why I gain weight. (oh, and there's the food factor as well! ha ha) And I know that if I want to have a significant weight loss this year, I will have to maintain a high level of exercise, which is tricky with 2 kids, dog and part time job! But today I made a promise to myself that I will try and exercise EVERY DAY OF THIS YEAR! I know this sounds ambitious, and the reality is that I won't, but what it is forcing me to do is accept that I can't keep thinking, oh well, I didn't do it today, I'll do it tomorrow. It's making me realise that if I want to lose lots of weight, I HAVE to exercise regularly and keep it going consistently.
The other thing I'm doing is trying to eat better. I get so tired at the end of the day that I either don't eat when the kids do and cop out and get takeaway, or I make really basic stuff that isn't necessarily what I need to be eating. So I'm trying to focus on that, as well as steering away from junky snacks during the day. It's so bad that I can't get through one day without needing something like chocolate!

Becky, sorry to hear you weren't well - glad you're better now. Here goes -

***********************BOOOOOT******************** ****

ha ha

I know what you mean about excuses - we are our worst enemies aren't we? Which is why I'm trying to make promises to myself - if I made a promise to a best friend I wouldn't break it, and I'm supposed to be my best friend, so I promise myself things like, "if I eat all my lunch and my fruit I can then eat that piece of chocolate" - of course, I'm then full and don't need the chocolate..... I'm really trying to get past the excuses and just DO IT! I'm always doing other things and leaving myself last - the kids, the house, the family, etc etc. Whereas over the last few days I've made the effort to go for a walk BEFORE I do anything else. Today I even went for a walk at work BEFORE lunch! Took my walking clothes and shoes and all!!!!! I haven't done that in ages and am mentally patting myself on the back! :D

Amity, congrats on the 20 pounds!!!!! You must be so excited, motivated, energetic! It's good to be part of a group where the people are doing so well!

I think my post is long enough! :o I'll catch you all next time!

BeckyH87
04-14-2005, 04:50 AM
Hi, well I went for a jog today. Handled it quite well. Then I walked to work and after work I walked girls to beach and home (up hill on the way home). 3 yr old was in pram and 9 1/2 m old in a baby pouch. I think I definitely got my share of exercise today.
Working week is nearly over and then it's the weekend. Yippee!
Hope your are all well. You are very inspirational, Lynne! Thanks for all the words. You're absolutely right, too, you know. It's up to us to be fair to ourselves first. i a finally starting to get that.

BeckyH87
04-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Hi, It's me again. I woke up this morning and just did it... I went for another jog. My thoughts started saying, no do it later, do it tomorrow, but then I remembered the big boot Lynne gave me. Not true, I remembered your words, Lynne and I just wen otu and did it. Gotta lose 2 kg by 2nd of May, that's my mini 3 week challenge.

Hey where are the rest of the Aussies? Come on Aussies come on!!! :)

Amity
04-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Hi Guys,

Just popped in for a quick hi, my life is a whirlwind atm. I have had 3 assignments due in in the past 3 weeks and they were all awful. I've had workshops for mental health this week and next and am out on clinical for the next 4 weeks starting on 26th April. Should be interesting, anyway in short I haven't stopped for, well i can't remeber when actually. Exercise? whats that? but my diet has been really good so I am still losing weight. I'm now down to 80.5 kg :D Anyway thats about me for now.

Becky - wow jogging. thats great. congratulations the weight will just fall off you :)

Lynne - I hope all is well with you. All it takes is a lot of little steps and your doing so great. Congratulations!

LoseForLife
04-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Hi this is a really quick one cos I'm having a tea break in the arvo before I get back into it.

Up until Friday, I'd exercised 7 out of 9 days, which I was very happy with. But then I haven't done anything since then :o No, I stand corrected, I did HEAPS of housecleaning on Saturday and Sunday..... But I went on a bit of a bender with my best friend who'd flown in from Perth for a week, and am really feeling the after effects!

I'll catch up more tomorrow!

Bye for now!

LoseForLife
05-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Hi all

I'm not sure what's happening here - I guess you guys must be as busy as me!

Anyway, I've decided for the sake of my sanity that I'm going to bow out of 3FC for a while, so I can focus on other things. However, if any of you want to keep in touch, my email is lmh1512 @ bigpond.com

Take care and thanks for all your support.

Lynne :grouphug: