Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - Dec 4 & 5

Good Morning,

I'm just gonna start this baby up and get to reading whats been happening here the past few days.

Today I have to clean my house, I've been so tired this week at night I haven't picked up a stich, and it shows LOL.

I have to plan 2 christmas dinners, one for my inlaws who come around noon and my sister and her kids wanna come and relax in the afternoon around 3. Its gonna be challenging but I have the week of b/4 christmas and after christmas YAHOO!!!!

Whats your plans for the holidays ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:39 AM   #2  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hi ladies, I have to go get ready for work. I just wanted to say HI while I am waiting for my cup of coffee to finish making. I work 10-7pm. today. I am a little tired because I worked until 12:10am. last night. Oh well, it won't hurt me. You all have a blessed day! Got to go get ready. Hugs, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

hey leenie - you sure are busy girlie! glad you will have some time off around the holidays. sounds like you are gonna need it!

I' drank my coffee this morning in front of the christmas tree and enjoyed the lights. Then I wrapped some more presents. I think I am just about done - if nobody else thinks of something else I have to buy. I need to try to get some Christmas cards out, at least to dear hubby's clients. Need to do some cooking today and wash clothes (of course), but I'm not gonna rush around like a crazy person. haha

what is everybody up to today?

Joanne - hugs & prayers!!!!

Cin - hope you are feeling better!

hugs to all,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

hey lanee, we were posting at the same time.
I guess you are tired girlie! wow! where do you work?
hope you have a blessed day too!
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Cathy to answer your question from yesterday my project was an article i wrote for 3fc theres a link to it on the main page
Leenie i hope you don't have to feed them right at 3! try to relax a bit this weekend
Lanee you have our permission to get more sleep you deserve it
we put our xmas tree up last night and we're doing decorating today I am goign scrapbooking with a gf today it's a first for me and lol I'm nervous
with the cold I have been in sweats all week so I'm going to try on a pair of my freshly washed normal sized pants and hope theres room there
My BC is all messed up SO TOM never left and thats the reason i take the darn things! SO I know I'm a little bloated but i want some results for my week of no carbs and lots of grumpiness
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:24 PM   #6  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for all your well wishes and prayers. My DH and I really need them right now. DS is in the county jail-he'll probably be there for several months until a trial date is set. Bail is out of the question-even if it was offered to him. I don't doubt that GOD did a work in his life when he was behind bars, but he has serious problems (drugs, gambling, alcohol) which would make him a poor risk for bond. I just hope he can get the help that he needs, even behind bars. All we can do is pray.

Leenie: You've been missed . I'm glad that you're getting the time off for Christmas-enjoy! P.S. Hope you didn't enjoy yourself too much at the Christmas party

Lanee: Get some rest, and come back and visit

CIN: I'm glad you don't have to have surgery, but it's frustrating when doctors can't seem to give you an answer for what's wrong Take care of yourself.

Liz: Hope you're resting and recuperating from all your hard work

Kierie: Have fun scrapbooking

Cathy: Good idea getting everything done now, so you can enjoy your holiday w/o the last minute rush. Speaking of which, I have a funny WAL MART story : A few years ago, I'd waited until Christmas Eve to finish my shopping for DH. My DS was driving me to Wally World, when I noticed the sky getting very dark. We'd just gotten into the building, when the sky opened up. I was roaming around looking for some stuff for DH, when I heard a loud noise overhead, and a muffled announcement over the loudspeaker. The only part of the announcement I heard was "Please stay in the building" Then my DS came running up and informed me that we'd been hit by a TORNADO. It was bad enough to send a bunch of carts and outdoor displays flying. It also took the roof off another part of the shopping center. The moral of the story: finish your shopping early-you never know when a tornado will hit Wal-Mart!!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:56 PM   #7  

Default Hey everybody

HI gang!

I finished working two nights yesterday morning........slept until 1 pm then got up and went to work from 330-1145 pm..........slept solid last night to say the least.

Woke up this morning and got busy vaccuming, laundry, etc. We are going to start putting up our lights, tree etc today.

I am off all day! I work a 12 hour day tomorrow. Then I work a night shift Mon, Tues and am off until the 15th. I have to study for my final which is Dec 13th. So other than the odd shift I may pick up this month it should be a pretty quiet one.

I am not sure what we are doing for the holidays Leens. I haven't heard anyone say that they are organizing a get togetheron my side of the family. I used to organize in years gone by but have stepped back and let things happen a bit more. I have a turkey I got free with groceries in Nov.....so I will definately cook that at some point. We aren't getting carried away with loads of gifts this year. For one thing nobody needs anything...and for another we are going to Disney in Feb for a week and then to Cancun for a week to recover after. So that is something nice to look forward to. I hope I can talk hubby and the girls into going to the mountains and skiing for a couple days.

We are hooking up with our in-laws the day after Xmas......we call it boxing day here....loads of people go shopping for all the great "deals" if you can believe it.....I have never in my life shopped on that day.

Tonight I am going to put some Xmas music on and bake with the girls....hubby has a work party to attend.

So all is good for the moment.

Joanne so sorry to hear about your son.......gifts and garland sound pretty insignificant I am sure in comparison to your heartache......hugs to you!

Leens and Cathy.......sounds like you are getting it all together!

Cin sorry to hear that things are still up in the air for you regarding your health.

Kierie I am a scrapbooking junkie,,,,,,I have been on the wagon since last november though.....so I have lots of catching up to do after Xmas when things slow down. Let us know how it goes.

Sue you have been working so hard at your studies. Let us know what you decide to do with your hair. I have mousey brown hair and have used blonde to cover my grey. My dd has rich brown hair and hers looks best if she just does it in a richer tone of her own hair color.

Laneebm I am sure that you are very busy at this time of year at work.....your shopping all done!! (lol.......can you shop on your break?)

Anyhow I just sat down for a minute with my coffee and toast and now I must get back at it.

Have a great day everyone~

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 05:50 AM   #8  
CIN

Good Morning Gals
It is almost 6 a.m. and I am bright eyed and bushey tailed whatever that means!

Tonight we host the salad part of a Progressive Dinner. I did it once before.it was fun because your company comes eats the salad Thanks you and leave!

I managed to get the outdoor lights over the front door & on two small trees beside the front entrance. I like that because I see the trees lit up from the Living Room!

The house is decorated...most presents bought.we go lightly with the gifts.

Getting used to using my index finger.................I am so pleased the splint is already off after 5 weeks! Sure is nice.....no arthritis pain! Just a fresh scar that will soon fade!

I work in the TV room at church for the early service today..........so I better sign off for now. Have a restful Sunday if you all can!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:09 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Cin, Good Morning Everyone,

Cin have an enjoyable progressive dinner Today is laundry day, I didn't do any yesterday, to lazy or is that busy with everything else lol, then tonight its the town tree lighting and hot coco w/santa

Have a great day everyone
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 AM   #10  

Off to work........went to church last night with the girls....did some decorating, a gingerbread house and some cookies......12 year old had a melt down and 6 year old didn't know what to do......so that was the end of that...off to bed everyone went.....she is one of these kids that is disappointed no matter what.....I gave them a choice of baking cookies or the gingerbread house......then we would decorate and listen to carols.....she decides that once the house is done, she wishes she had of made cookies, then when we start decorating she starts cookies, when the cookies are done she decides they are disgusting and she is mad at us for unloading the decorations.....which there was still plenty to do.........it all started when I told her to wash the dishes out she used to bake while her cookies were baking......well that was it.........everything "sucked".........oh my!

Gotta run cold and lots of snow on the ground.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:59 AM   #11  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

hello everyone

just haven't had the time, energy, or heart to post.. been coming and lurking once a week to see how everyone is doing.

homebound - my heart goes out to you. our son was in jail overnight this summer and I'm sure this is only the beginning for him/us... he went thru a 3 week/7days a week withdrawal program in July/Aug and in 4 days was back into the booze & drugs.. we kicked him out end of Aug for roughing up and threatening his younger sister... he's now been booted out of the place he was living only he apparently has found a 1 bedroom apt.. he was over here the other night and left a letter from work.. I am ashamed to admit I read it (it was open already .. at least I didn't open it).. and it was a follow up letter about his absenteeism at work.. sounds like he's on probation *big sigh

sometimes we have to step back and let them really hit bottom before they can turn things around.

how old is your son? ours will be 22 in March.. I know we raised him right.. instilled good values and such, but I feel like a failure as a parent so much

I hope everyone else is doing well... I had a terrible Oct/first part of Nov... stuff going on at home, work... some emotional garbage that reared its ugly head... only was at gym 5x over 7 weeks... not good....... am back now.. have been for 2 weeks and am back 5x/week like I was... have some weight to RE-lose.. am such an emotional eater

Cathy, I admire how you are so ready for Christmas.. I'm not into it again this year.. I'm the only one who makes anything of it here and I've run out of steam... if I don't do it, it doesn't get done.. and how do you do it when you aren't into it?

Leenie... hang in.. hope that new boss settles down a bit

Everyone else... Happy Holidays.. I think of you all.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #12  

Good morning everyone

Just checking in to say hi......have been up for an hour....had 1 cup of coffee.....sat at the light box.....so I have to go make breakfast & have the 2nd cup of coffee now.

Yesterday I went to lunch with a friend.....then did some Christmas shopping.
This morning it is cold.....it's -10.1C......brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cathy.....you already have your tree up....I have to still get decorations out.

See you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 02:06 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

JudoMom: I'm sorry to hear about your problems with your son. I can understand how you're feeling. My son turned 18 in June. We'd been having problems with him for years. In and out of the juvenile justice system; in and out of counseling, etc. When he turned 18 he just "went off the deep end" We raised him right-took him to church, Sunday School. We made mistakes, just like all parents do. I'm trusting GOD to continue to work in his life, even behind bars. Don't beat yourself up about diet/exercise-just do what you can do

Liz: I wouldn't be 12 years old again for anything Your daughter sounds like me when I was that age . Stay warm

Leenie: Hot cocoa with Santa-sounds good

CIN: Hope your dinner goes well
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 06:50 PM   #14  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies.Boy Have I been a busy beaver.Friday; Dh went out and helped a friend of his with her electric and chopping down trees.Then he came home and we went out and bought an artificial tree.I wish I could have a real one but due to my allergies and asthma I can't.

We decorated it last night.I don't like to overload my tree.But I will get Dh to take a picture to show yall.Yesterday; we went out to do some last minute shopping for the holidays.OMG people are nuts out there.People are so rude.Whatever happen to holiday spirit.People in Walmart were running me over and not saying excuse me.It makes me sad.

Went to grocery store today and picked some stuff for holiday baking.I am making ricotta cookies, crybabies, and kolaches.Dh is making sugar cookies, chocolate chip, and peanut butter.I am going to try not to much of any of the baking.

I am sleeping much better at night since they finally gave me medicine for my asthma.Dh says I am not snoring as bad as I did.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:14 PM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone!

Joanne – I’m so sorry to hear about your son.

April – Congrats on the 4lbs gone!

CIN – Hopefully they will be able to figure out what is wrong soon. At least the good news is, no surgery at this time. I have some plywood objects that I cut out last year and was hoping to get up for this years Christmas decorations. Once again, I won’t be able to do that. I’ve been so stuck with homework this term it was unbelievable. However, my last day for finals is on Thursday, so maybe I just might be able to whip at least one of the projects out for Christmas. Who knows?

Leenie - You sound like me, two Christmas dinners. One for my parents, then one for my the inlaws come out. We’ve decided to have Christmas out here rather than in 29 Palms or San Luis Obispo. Can you imagine? I have a 3 bedroom house with one of the bedrooms being my computer room / office. It barely holds the three of us and yet we’re going to have his parents, his sister, brother in law, and their two kids here. Hmmm wonder what the going rate is at the Hilton. It gonna be hectic here! I’ll go stay with my parents! LOL

Cathy – I’ve been doing nothing but studying. I’m concerned about one of my classes tho, ugg it’s a killer! I can’t wait to get my Christmas tree up tho! I love this time of the year! I can get all creative and deck the house out.

Kierie – I love scrapbooking! I just wish I had more time (and money ) for it! Let me know how your first time turns out!

Lynnie – OOOh everything yer gonna make sounds so good! My mother wants me to make my pecan tarts this year again. Those little suckers are evil! First they take forever to make, then you sample so much that there’s never enough to go around LOL. Evil I tell ya! I’m still debating, but more than likely I will make some. I probably gonna make some for my work Christmas party as well…

I gotta get back to my studying everyone…Take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote